[PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Table Maps and Images | House Maps and Images


251 to 300 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You spend some time going through the guard house with them, demonstrating a more efficient way to sort through what they need, and eventually get everyone geared and out the door. Sergeant Barre thanks you for your assistance and asks you to let the commander know that all is well.

--------------

You have successfully gotten all four squads to their posts. Huzzah! You can now take a resupply/heal break, and choose a new location. I suggest either going back to Egelsee, going to Woundward, or going outside the gates to find new challenges. :-)

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Since the overview map shows all green I don't think it will matter a whole lot where we go..and I can't remember where we've been, but I do know we haven't been outside yet

"What do you guys think about taking the fight to the demons? Let's go outside the city and kick some demon behind..or possible kick some demon from behind."

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"What?" Apollyanna looks up from trying to attach the head of lucerne hammer to the top of a conical helm, as Thran tries to get everyone's attention.

Thran wrote:
"What do you guys think about taking the fight to the demons? Let's go outside the city and kick some demon behind..or possible kick some demon from behind."

"NOW YOU'RE TALKING!"

What was she going to say with a wisdom score 7?

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

"That sounds fine to me. Lets head outside."

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"You hear that, Bert? Looks like you get to slaughter some demons!" Urktar sidles up to his ol' pal, the half-orc bard. "Cold iron's best for killin' demons, right?"


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Going outside the walls, you meet up with the halfling crusader Captain Kranell. "I hear the battle is going well inside! We’re still holding them off here, but they’ve been hitting us ever since the attack started, and I’m not sure how much longer we can hold this outpost. Maybe you could help us with a little extra muscle, eh? If we can beat ’em back now, we’ll have time to make repairs and call in reinforcements!"

You are in an open area with a spiked wooden barricade in front of you. Set yourselves up on your side of the barricade however you like, and once you are ready I'll bring on the demons!

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Thran looks at the pouch of cold iron sling stones he's been carrying around for a while now.

'Might as well start getting some use out of these"

Thran takes up position a bit behind the spiked barrier hoping it will slow down what ever demon is coming from the other side long enough to cave it's skull it with a nice sling stone. His borrowed cold iron long spear within easy reach for when they get closer.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Seeing himself stand before the others Thran looks over his shoulder at the rest of the party

" ..uhrm..guys, can I get some help over here? Guys...please..."

Thran starts to nervously sweat.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

If there's more than 60' of clear space/line of fire beyond the barricade:
Urktar checks to make certain his greatsword, falchion and longspear are all loose and ready to be drawn at a moment's notice before pulling out his composite longbow and nocking a cold-iron arrow.

If there's 60' or less of clear line of fire:
Urktar checks to make certain his greatsword and falchion are loose in their scabbards before pulling his longspear, setting it firmly in the ground against a charge. He bellows a challenge at any demon within sight.

either way, he's fine right where he is in the break between barriers.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Other than your barricade, your world is a flat plane with no obstructions.

I'll give the rest of this morning for people to respond, then I'll put anyone who hasn't into whatever position I like. :)

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:

Other than your barricade, your world is a flat plane with no obstructions.

I'll give the rest of this morning for people to respond, then I'll put anyone who hasn't into whatever position I like. :)

Can Polly piggy-back on a half-orc? ;)

Apollyanna readies herself for the onslaught, while murmering a little mantra given to her by her Lodge roommate, Gwendolyn.

"Stay fit, keep sharp, make good decisions. Stay fit, keep sharp, make good decisions. Stay fit, keep sharp, make good decisions...."

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

Zaldur is excited contemplating his long spear of cold iron, "snatch everything, dont leave them nothing, tonight we´ll dance on their remains while they go back to hell from where they came",entrusts the goodness of the Goddess to give him strength and courage for the battle that is coming.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor moves up to one of the southern spike barricades and readies his cold iron spear.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be."


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You take up positions, and after a short wait, two goat-headed demons with halberds appear and begin running toward your position.

Initiative:

Apollyanna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Hudor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Zaldur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Combat Card:

Seeker aid tokens available: 2

Zaldur
Urktar
------------
Red
Yellow
------------
Thran
Apollyanna
Hudor

Zaldur and Urktar won initiative, so they are up! Then after the demons, it will turn into "you go, I go".

DC 14 Knowledge (planes):
These are Schirs: goat-headed demons that are among the most violent and vile-tempered inhabitants of the Abyss. Although not especially intelligent, schirs are cunning warriors and able sentries. For every 5 you beat the DC, you can ask for a category of information.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Aww, they look cute."

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar sticks his tongue out the side of his mouth in deep thought...he looks at the demons with melee weapons and tries to judge the distance. "Yer right, Bert, forget shooting toothpicks at 'em."

He drops his bow, pulls out his longspear and uses a readied action to set a brace against the charge.

readied attack with reach if he's charged:
readied longspear power attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
cold iron piercing dmg (brace doubles damage): 2d8 + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 + 7 + 6 + 6 = 34

reach weapon AoO if it moves adjacent:

longspear power attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13
cold iron piercing dmg: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Knowledge (Planes) DC14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Immunities and Weaknesses

"Those are Schirs. A violent and foul-tempered demon. They are not smart though."

Grand Lodge

GM

"Hey! I resent that! I'm not foul-tempered..."

The dwarf headbutts a nearby demon to take out his frustration.

Another seeker aid token from Quaff Ironfist!

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

readied longspear power attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 = 12


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Just FYI, we're getting late in the Act and the aid tokens do not carry over, so someone find a use for one during this encounter. ;-)

Urktar and Zaldur Ready their spears for the demons to run up, as Hudor recalls having fought schirs before. Like most demons, they are resistant to damage that isn't from cold iron or aligned good, they are immune to poisons, disease, and electrical energy, and resistant to acid, cold, fire, and magic.

Red attacks Urktar or Polly: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Yellow attacks Zaldur or Hudor: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The demons growl as they charge in, attacking the center of your line. Zaldur jabs as one approaches him, but even in its reckless charge, it isn't so easy to hit.
Red charge vs Polly: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Yellow charge vs Zaldur: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
8 damage to Apollyanna and 9 to Zaldur, and I need both of you to please make a Fort save.

And with that, everyone is up! I don't expect to last long ...

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:
Red charge vs Polly

Thought we had a barracade.

Fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

GM Rinaldo wrote:
Just FYI, we're getting late in the Act and the aid tokens do not carry over, so someone find a use for one during this encounter. ;-)

SURE! Polly uses one on her attack! It happens! I'm sure there are rules for this somewhere....

mwk cold iron longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Sorry, I posted the rules a couple of times, but they've scrolled off:
* Aid Another: Give one PC the benefit of Aid Another on a single d20 roll (+2 bonus)
* Allied Offensive: Give one PC a +1d8 damage bonus as a Seeker strikes the target at the same time
* Burst of Healing: All PCs receive 1d6 healing
* Spellcasting Synergy: Give one PC a +1 to the save DC of a spell they are casting

I'll assume you're taking the damage bonus.

The barricade isn't completely solid; it's been beaten down over the course of the battle, which is part of why you're helping out - the crusaders are trying to make repairs. That's why I put it down as segments instead of a solid line.

Apollyanna swings her sword, but doesn't quite manage to connect.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"Told you we shoulda charged them, Bert...

Urktar drops his spear (quite a nice collection he has on the ground now), and pulls out his greatsword Bert as he loops around into flank position with Polly. Then he finally releases the inner rage that is his constant burden to keep in check...

greatsword flanking Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22
cold iron slashing dmg+seeker dmg: 2d6 + 7 + 3 + 6 + 1d8 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + 3 + 6 + (5) = 24
using Seeker token for bonus dmg

Current status:
Current AC: 14/ 10 T / 14 FF
Falchion, 10/15 HP
Current HP (52/53 raging)
Rage: 9/12 rounds
CLW Wand: 3 charges used

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:

The barricade isn't completely solid; it's been beaten down over the course of the battle, which is part of why you're helping out - the crusaders are trying to make repairs. That's why I put it down as segments instead of a solid line.

Apollyanna swings her sword, but doesn't quite manage to connect.

I was just wondering about the charge action, our cover and also now in relation to their AC.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You put your tokens into the gaps rather than behind the barricades; that meant you had access to attack out, but they also had access to attack you. I apologize if that wasn't clear from the way I laid the map out.

Urktar drops his spear, and with a roar runs behind the demon attacking Apollyanaa. Bert tears a large wound in the creature's hide.

And that uses your token for this encounter.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Seeing his plan as having the barricades act as a speed bump while wearing the invaders down ranged attacks go up in smoke Thran looks around to see if there are other groups of demons getting close to other holes in the barricades before getting closer to the action as he stores his sling away for later use.

"Don't worry lads..I'm on my way! Take heart! Demon hearts!"

"..demons have hearts right?...'

Standard to start inspire courage, move to move

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor pulls out his crossbow and draws one of the cold iron bolts, firing the bolt at the demon closest to him.

Crossbow +IC vs Yellow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Cold Iron Damage +IC: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

6/10 Cold Iron Bolts

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

Zaldur makes a step back to gain distance to blow his cold iron longspear "return to the hell demon"
cold iron longspear attack+power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
ts fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"Technically, I think they come from the Abyss!" Apollyanna cries over the fray.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Hudor's crossbow shot is deflected by the section of barricade in front of him, but Zaldur manages to jab the one in front of him in the gut, knocking it out. Red is down!

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
The other one moves over and swings its huge halberd at Urktar, but trips on something on the ground.

And everyone is up!

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor steps in front of the barrier while loading his crossbow to get a better line of shot against the last demon.

Crossbow +IC -Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 5
Cold Iron Damage +IC: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

5/10 Cold Iron Bolts

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

Pirouetting out from behind the barricade Apollyanna spins into the demon with her sword like a razor-edged top. "SPINNING MAELSTROM!"

mwk cold iron longsword v yellow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Bravely moving forward past the barricades Thran draws his cold iron long spear as he moves and using Urktar as a distraction tries to stick it in the demon's back

to hit AC: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 25
Cold iron piercing Damage if hit: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

While Hudor's crossbow continues to defy him, Apollyanna and Thran move in and both score strong hits on the demon.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Waiting for Zaldur and Urktar.

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

longspear flanked: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar snarls his challenge, stepping up to the yellow beast and bringing Bert down with all his considerable strength.

greatsword Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 13
cold iron slashing dmg: 2d6 + 7 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 + 3 + 6 = 25

Current status:
Current AC: 14/10T/14FF (raging)
Falchion, -5 HP
Current HP 52/53 (raging)
Rage: 8/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 3 charges used


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Just got the announcement to transition to Act III.

Urktar makes a final swing of his greatsword, and takes down the schir. Before you even have time to celebrate, Venture-Captain Jorsal approaches on horseback at a gallop, stopping mere feet away. The captain is visibly worn from the siege, but he still gives a quick smile and a polite bow of his head as he steadies his mount.

"We’ve contained the demons within the city, but a new threat comes from the northwest. What we thought was the main army is merely the advance unit of a larger force that’s now on our doorstep. There must be thousands of the vile creatures in the host, but worst of all, they have brought siege weapons to their aid.

"The dreaded kakuen-taka, the swarm siege towers of the Abyss, now march on Nerosyan. As you’ve already proven yourselves quite capable, I need you to make your way to the northwestern ramparts and aid in putting Nerosyan’s own siege weapons to use. The crusaders are sending most of their troops out to battle the demonic towers before they can damage the walls, so every boulder and ballista bolt we loose against this horde will be an invaluable boon for those taking the battle to the heart of this Abyssal cohort.

"I am sending our most experienced Pathfinders to engage the enemy commanders directly, and they will be relying on your support. Other agents will try to send you reinforcements, so stay alert." With that, Jorsal steers his horse away and charges off to bring word to other Pathfinders in the city.

----------

Arriving at your station on the wall, you join a crew of four artillerists. They explain that they will be operating the huge ballista to fire at targets out on the battlefield. They need you to defend them from any attackers that reach the wall. The two smaller ballista can be used to fire at nearby targets if you want to make use of them.

----------

The huge ballista is intended to be fired out into the battlefield, and requires a full crew of four to spend 5 full rounds loading, aiming, and firing. Each successful shot will be reported to the Overseer to provide assistance to the battle taking place at the higher tiers.

Anyone can load, aim, and fire either of the smaller ballistas at a closer target as a full round action without requiring proficiency. Make a ranged attack using your BAB and Dex modifier; a successful hit does 4d6 good/cold iron/piercing damage to the target.

----------

The printed map is the entire width of the wall. To the top and bottom the wall drops off toward the ground. To the left and right the wall continues in either direction. Place yourselves on the wall however you want to be arranged as the battle begins. I will check back and start the encounter when everyone has set themselves, or about 6 hours from this post, whichever comes first. I will place anyone who hasn't placed themselves by then. You may also take a single round of prep actions.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:
"We’ve contained the demons within the city-"

"That's great! Let's burn it down! ...Oh, you meant-"

GM Rinaldo wrote:

"BUT a new threat comes from the northwest. What we thought was the main army is merely the advance unit of a larger force that’s now on our doorstep. There must be thousands of the vile creatures in the host, but worst of all, they have brought siege weapons to their aid.

"The dreaded kakuen-taka, the swarm siege towers of the Abyss, now march on Nerosyan. As you’ve already proven yourselves quite capable, I need you to make your way to the northwestern ramparts and aid in putting Nerosyan’s own siege weapons to use. The crusaders are sending most of their troops out to battle the demonic towers before they can damage the walls, so every boulder and ballista bolt we loose against this horde will be an invaluable boon for those taking the battle to the heart of this Abyssal cohort.

"Wait! You mean we aren't going to take down the kaka-taka thing?"

GM Rinaldo wrote:
"I am sending our most experienced Pathfinders to engage the enemy commanders directly, and they will be relying on your support. Other agents will try to send you reinforcements, so stay alert." With that, Jorsal steers his horse away and charges off to bring word to other Pathfinders in the city.

"Great...." Apollyanna says though obviously it doesn't seem that way for her.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Apollyanna and Hudor placed themselves; I've put Urktar on one side and Zaldur on the other, with Thran in the center.

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 41d2 ⇒ 1

You don't have long to wait before several things happen at once. From Urtkar's side, a minotaur climbs over the edge of the wall and runs toward you; from in front of you, four ladders hit the wall.

Initiative:

Apollyanna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Hudor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Zaldur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Minotaur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Combat Card:

Round 1
Urktar
Zaldur
Hudor
Apollyanna
Thran
-------
Minotaur
-------
Ballista Crew
-------
Round 2

Everyone is up!

Anyone can attempt to destroy a ladder by doing damage to it (no attack roll needed, but you do have to be adjacent), or push it off the wall with a Bull Rush maneuver (I have a CMD you have to beat).

DC 16 Knowledge (planes):
This is a minotaur, and appears to be half-fiend, giving it demonic properties. For every 5 you beat the DC, you can request a category of information.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

KICK! (unimproved bull rush): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

What's that mooing?

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"That's no ordinary minotaur! It's part fiend!"

Could be worse. Could be Large. ;)


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
Could be worse. Could be Large. ;)

Whoops! Fixed the token. ;-)

GM Screen:
1d4 ⇒ 2

Juno kicks over one of the ladders. Looking down, she sees that ladder she kicked over the other had a small, muscular, goat-headed demon with fire coming out of its nostrils. The remaining three have crusaders coming up them.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

It could be worse. It could be able to cast finger of death as a spell-like ability three times per day.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

With no demons coming from his side, Hudor rushes toward the ladders and slams his spear into the closest one. Trying to dislodge it.

Damage on (Black) Ladder: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Seeing Hudor try to damage a ladder Thran joins in on the mayhen and swings his falchion down on one of the ends hoping to split it in half
damage on ladder: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
It could be worse. It could be able to cast finger of death as a spell-like ability three times per day.

Oh, right! Make a fort save! ;-)

---------------
Hudor and Thran move up to help push back the assault ladders; Hudor's spear does not manage to damage the ladder at all, but Thran's does significant damage. Hudor didn't get past Hardness; Thran did, but did not quite break it sufficiently.

Urtkar and Zaldur still have actions!

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"Did she say 'part mean'? So I should aim for the mean part?" Urktar shrugs, looking confused. The confusion quickly turns to anger, and he charges, bellowing, "I'm jus' gonna try and kill all its parts, 'kay?"

greatsword charging Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 18
cold iron slashing dmg: 2d6 + 7 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 + 3 + 6 = 22

Current status:
Current AC: 14/10T/14FF (raging)
Falchion, -5 HP
Current HP (52/53 raging)
Rage: 8/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 3 charges used

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"I SAID '*PIT* FIEND'!" she says while spitting some flying ash from the battle. "STILL, IT COULD BE WORSE!"

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

double movement for me


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Urktar swings his sword at the minotaur and draws blood as Zaldur runs across the assist him.

For its part, the minotaur roars and strikes back.
Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Gore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ouch! That's 34 damage to Urktar from three out of four attacks! Thankfully, Urktar is chaotic neutral and didn't take the additional Smite Good damage.

The ballista crew starts loading a huge bolt into the siege engine, trusting that you will keep the enemy off of them.

Combat Card:

Round 2
Apollyanna
Hudor
Thran
Urktar
Zaldur
-------
Minotaur [-17hp]
-------
Ladder Climbers
-------
Ballista Crew {Operating ballista 1/5}
-------

Round 3

Everyone is up!

251 to 300 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.