[PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Table Maps and Images | House Maps and Images


51 to 100 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"But 'consequences'."

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

"I'm afraid we don't quite have that kind of money right now Sovereign. But I think that if you think about it might be in your best interests if you could get those supplies to us with some sort of discount. After all, the city _is_ under siege right now and you want every abled body between you and what ever is out there. So if that means curing someone of the sniffles and getting him out of bed on onto the walls holding a bow it might just the difference between you loosing your whole operation here and you keeping your business to sell us more medicine at a later date. and let's be honest, in the case the walls do get breached because there are not enough people defending it and you have to flee..don't you prefer to have some easily transported cash as opposed to having to leave behind your bulky supplies anyways?"

Thran jiggles the bag in front of the "Sovereign"

I think we can do about 3000gp right now, cash in pocket"

Perform (oratory) used as Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"What's that, Bert? ...good idea!
"Oh brave and mighty Sovereign, think of all your lowly subjects. If they should perish in the coming assault, who will come to your great Rest and refill your kingdoms coffers. Perhaps I could show you how useful your medicines might be? For example, while bandages are quite useful for staunching bloodflow, oftentimes people don't plan for all the broken bones and folks not being to get around. Stretchers, crutches, or even a few stout backs can make all the difference in keeping peopl--I mean, your subjects alive. Surely a benign and munifi...magnif...wise king such as yourself can see the wisdom in that, eh?"

heal check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

i dont have any social skills can i roll untrained heal to help Urktar

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),
zaldur wrote:
i dont have any social skills can i roll untrained heal to help Urktar

Diplomacy and other social skills can be used untrained.

Hudor scoffs at the price of 7,000 gold and makes a very poor response to try to get him to reconsider. "You must be joking. In the city's time of need and you seek to fleece us."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

The Sovereign nods at Thran. "You make a reasonable point, but you insult me with your offer. 6000gp."

Urktar, Heal was a good choice, but it does not appear he was swayed by your argument.

Apollyanna and Zaldur can attempt checks. Hudor, Thran, and Urktar can make additional attempts, though there is a penalty. You can use the same skill or a new one, but I'll need at least a variation on your argument.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

"How about we tell everyone of your kind help after we all make it out of here alive. Spread the word, get you some more business ..you know that after all this fighting people are going to suffer from all sort of ailments and wounds and are going to need continued medical support. We could tell them you have reasonable prices..but we can't lie off course....your prices would actually have to be reasonable for us to make that sort of claim"

Again using Perform (Oratory) for Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have struck a blow against the invaders in the Battle District
Condition green

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"-And stuff."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Profession (Brewer): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"I could offer you some of the spirits I brew to counter the price. I have a few secret recipes."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

"Dear merchant, these are some simple coins that the city will pay you once the evil that lurks with advertising and the reputation that will give you the savior of many lives and perhaps become one of the saviors of the city"

heal check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Hudor Nero wrote:
"I could offer you some of the spirits I brew to counter the price. I have a few secret recipes."

Apollyanna shoves Hudor back again.

"Hudor, you can't sell the souls of the dead to this man!" she admonishes the confessed aquatic master of shades. "That's pure evil! If you have them on you you should release those spirits right now."

She gives him that look that paladins do.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
"-And stuff."

Any chance you could give a little more than that? Even just a basic description of what you are trying to say with that diplomacy check?

----------------
Thran wrote:
"How about we tell everyone of your kind help after we all make it out of here alive. Spread the word, get you some more business ..you know that after all this fighting people are going to suffer from all sort of ailments and wounds and are going to need continued medical support. We could tell them you have reasonable prices..but we can't lie off course....your prices would actually have to be reasonable for us to make that sort of claim"

The Sovereign nods. "Your point is well made, but we seem to be at an impasse as to what exactly is 'reasonable' ... "

zaldur wrote:
"Dear merchant, these are some simple coins that the city will pay you once the evil that lurks with advertising and the reputation that will give you the savior of many lives and perhaps become one of the saviors of the city"

The Sovereign considers your words, and seems pensive.

Everyone can continue trying to negotiate. You are doing well, but haven't quite convinced him yet.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"Yer askin' for a lotta gold...we want to see the goods to know if they're worth it. Let me look over what you got and decide if it's worth it."

heal check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor looks at Apollyanna with confusion before it dawns on him she doesn't understand. "Spirits is another word for liquor."

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Hudor Nero wrote:
Hudor looks at Apollyanna with confusion before it dawns on him she doesn't understand. "Spirits is another word for liquor."

"What's that?"

GM Rinaldo wrote:
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
"-And stuff."

Any chance you could give a little more than that? Even just a basic description of what you are trying to say with that diplomacy check?

----------------

"You know, demonic invasion, the end of the city and its economy, the death and destruction of you, your clients, your people, your fancy chair, and the eventual end of all life as you know it--you know stuff!"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

"Ale, mead and other fermented drinks."

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"'Fermented'? Is that like whatever 'hamberders' are?"

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

"I'm sure we can sort out what we both consider reasonable. If you lower your prices somewhat..we raise our offer a bit. The wounded get their supplies. Everyone is happy"

Perform (Oratory) used for Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

"Hmmm ... you drive a hard bargain, but make good points. Very well, 3500 gold."

This is the amount you were given by the priestess. You can either accept the offer now, or attempt to keep bargaining him down further.


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have started pushing back against the horde in the Egelsee and Outer districts
Condition Yellow in both locations


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Pathfinders have continued driving back the hordes in Egelsee!
Condition green in that location

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Unless someone feels strongly about keep haggling I'd like to suggest to move on to another encounter just to keep things moving - it seems by going from the map that our current part (we are in Engelsee ain't we?) is doing alright, let's move to Confluences to lend a hand there

"It seems we have a deal."

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Thran wrote:
Unless someone feels strongly about keep haggling I'd like to suggest to move on to another encounter just to keep things moving - it seems by going from the map that our current part (we are in Engelsee ain't we?) is doing alright, let's move to Confluences to lend a hand there

"Right," Apollyanna says consulting her map. ""Let's get over to ʇɔᴉɹʇsᴉp ǝɔuǝnlɟuoƆ. It must be a Sarkorian name."


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You pay the Sovereign and are given several carts of supplies, which you wheel back to the temple.

The Priestess is grateful for your help. "Thanks to you, we will be able to heal and supply more of the crusaders and your own Pathfinders during this attack. If there is anything you need now, please ask, and feel free to return if you need help."

---------------------------
From here out, between encounters you can come to the temple for aid. Each time you come for aid, each PC can choose from:
* 1d8+5 points of healing
* a single masterwork cold iron weapon
* 10 pieces of cold iron ammunition
(Weapons and ammunition are for the duration of the scenario or until used up)

Normally you would only get 3 total visits for aid, but because you specifically assisted the temple, you get an extra visit. It has to be a party decision, and if even one person takes aid, the visit is used up. Since no one is injured, if you want aid now it would be to claim weapons or ammunition. State if you want to do so and what. If the majority of the party agrees, you will be able to take the weapons.
---------------------------
You hurry across into the Confluence district. As you do, a group of fleeing crusaders rushes past you. One of their number stops and says in a shaky voice, "By the gods, it’s horrible! This big fat scaly reptile-demon let loose these awful monstrosities with thehelp of some cultists. They must have been raising them inside for who knows how long! The demon said they would herald a new polluted dawn, whatever that means! We’re not prepared to fight that, and we sure as the Nine Hells aren’t going to try! We’re running, and you might be smart to run as well."

DC 20 Knowledge (planes):
The demon the crusader described is probably a Hezrou, a demon associated with pollution.

You look in the direction the crusaders came from, and see a man-sized blob of refuse and goo in the middle of the street ahead of you.

Initiative:

Apollyanna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Hudor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Zaldur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
The Blob: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0

It was close, but you all managed to win initiative. Map is posted, and everyone is up!
--Round 1--
Zaldur
Urktar
Apollyanna
Thran
Hudor
------
The Blob
------

DC 15 Knowledge (dungeoneering):

This is clearly an ooze, which will have basic ooze traits. If you beat the DC by 5 or more you can request additional information.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

GM Rinaldo wrote:
You look in the direction the crusaders came from, and see a man-sized blob of refuse and goo in the middle of the street ahead of you.

"Eww! What's that?" She steps forward and draws her mithril sword. It glows blue-white the city night. "Alright you whatever you are, state your business! You're not here for the holiday are you?"

Note Apollyanna always tries to be near the frond of the group when entering an encounter area (position 1 or 2 in the marching order). Metawise this is because she has good saves and AC. In-characterwise this is because she is an enthusiastic teen trained specifically to battle demons and evil monsters and this is the last adventure she needs to graduate to 5th level, and she might get a horsey! {SQUEE!}

Perhaps we players should figure out a Marching Order? I call dibs on position 1 or 2! Whose got shotgun?

Readied action:
Attack any creature that comes aggressively at the party and into her range.
+1 glowing mithril longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
THREAT!
Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 additional damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor thanks the priestess and will take 10 cold iron bolts for his crossbow for the upcoming battles.

---

Knowledge (Planes) Aid Apollyannna to get over DC20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Umm... I think that is a Hezrou, a foul demon."

Hudor points his finger at the Blob and yells, "Time to freeze." A ray of cold energy shoots toward the Blob.

Cold Ray (Range Touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Cold Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Hudor Nero wrote:

Hudor thanks the priestess and will take 10 cold iron bolts for his crossbow for the upcoming battles.

---

In which case, since we all have to use it or loose it, Apollyanna grabs 10 cold iron sling bullets.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Seeing people load up on cold iron ammunition Thran also dips in the barrel holding cold iron sling bullets and takes out 10.

--------------------------------------

Bardic knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"I'll take your word for it, I have no clue"

Bardic knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

"I have no clue what that slimy blob is but try to not let it hit you cause it's looks ewwwy and slimy"

Thran then starts up an inspiring chant

"Kill, kill, kill the slimy blob!"

Starting inspire courage for +1 to hit and damage and saves vs fear

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar also grabs some cold iron arrows for his composite longbow, carefully examining each as the party moves toward the next district.

"Finally, time for my kind of talkin'!" Urktar draws his falchion, let's loose a cry of joy and charges the enemy.

CRPA (Charge, Rage, Power Attack)
Falchion Inspired Charging Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 16
magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 8 + 3 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 22

current conditions: Inspire Courage, Rage, Power Attack
Current AC: 12/ 8T /12 FF


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Sorry if it wasn't clear ... the first knowledge check was for things the crusaders said. The second was to identify the creature in front of you.

Apollyanna steps up and prepares to defend against an attack.

Hudor fires a magical ray at the creature. It hits perfectly, but appears not to have any effect.

Urktar is more effective, cutting a huge gouge out of the creature with his falchion. However, as he pulls the weapon back, he sees that it is bubbling and has pits and cracks. The falchion takes 1d6 ⇒ 2 acid damage. As a 2-handed bladed weapon, it has 10 total hit points; at 5 damage it will gain the broken condition.


---------------------------
Inspire Courage in effect
---------------------------
Round 1
Zaldur
Urktar {weapon has taken 2/10 hp damage}
Apollyanna {Readied attack}
Thran
Hudor
------
The Blob [-22hp]
------

I'll give Zaldur until tomorrow morning to act before botting.


OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Further victories have been achieved in Egelsee and the Outer districts!
In Woundward, the initial push back against the horde has started working!

Condition green in those locations

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

Zaldur takes a cold iron longspear from Priest and go to the battle when see this amorphous
longspear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Zaldur moves up and jabs at the blob with his spear. As with Urktar, he creates a large wound, but discovers that his weapon has been damaged.
Zaldur's spear takes 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage, giving it the broken condition (-2 to attack and damage and only threaten a critical on a 20; repair requires magical mending or a craft check with appropriate time and materials).

slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
The creature lashes out a pseudopod at Urktar, leaving a large bruise and a mild acid burn. 6hp damage to Urktar unless he resists acid for some reason.


Inspire Courage in effect
-------------------------
Round 2
Zaldur {weapon has taken 6/10 hp damage}
Urktar [-6hp] {weapon has taken 2/10 hp damage}
Apollyanna
Thran
Hudor
------
The Blob [-37hp]
------

Everyone is up!

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar looks with horror at his shiny adamantine falchion that is now damaged. His fury is redoubled, blinding him to the stupidity of swinging away with his beloved weapon. He screams "How DARE YOU HURT Black Death you stupid BLOB!"

Falchion Inspired Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 29
magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 8 + 3 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 + 3 + 6 + 1 = 24

Reflex Save to avoid weapon dmg: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
acid dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

current conditions: Inspire Courage, Power Attack, Rage, (Superstition+2)
Current AC: 14/ 10T /14 FF
Current HP: 47/53 (not raging: 39/45)
current Falcion HP: 10/15 (adamantine adds 1/3 total=3HP, enchantment adds 2)


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

With a roar, Urktar slashes through the nasty blob, and it collapses to the ground in a heap.

END OF COMBAT

You can now take another round of "aid" from the temple if you wish. You can also decide whether to remain in the Confluence district or move elsewhere.

See the discussion thread about the damage to Urktar and Zaldur's weapons.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Thran waits for Urktar to calm down before he claps Uktar on the shoulder

"Well done mate!"

before looking at the rest of the party

"Good job everyone, let's keep moving..there's an entire city out there that needs our help"

I vote we stay here, it's the only orange part of the city right now. I don't feel the need to go get aid right now.

I assume we'll have 12 seconds somewhere while moving towards the next encounter to use a bit of healing on Uktar. Nothing I can do to repair items though

Thran then suddenly retracts his hand from Urktar's shoulder as he feels a slight burning sensation as a slight residue of acid bites into his skin

"You look...uhm..less well, allow me to fix that"
Thran takes out a wand and uses it to heal some of Urktar's wound
Assuming he drops out of rage and allows me to do so

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"Ugh. Dah spell." says Apollyanna holding her nose.

I'm for staying and Polly has all the supplies she needs.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Glad the barbarian was able to take out the Blob since it looked like his Ray did nothing to the creature and he really didn't have much else in offensive spells that didn't do cold damage.

He moves up to join the group, "Good job all. As for your damaged weapon, I don't have the spell that can mend it but good news, it is a very easy spell to cast so shouldn't cost much to get your weapon repaired when all this is over with."

Staying is fine with me and need nothing from the Shrine.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, since Zaldur's weapon is also magical, it has enough HP not to be broken, so I'm moving forward. I do need both Zaldur and Urktar to make reflex saves for me, which might remove the damage their weapons took.
------------------

Continuing to move through the Confluence district, you see demons attacking the lodge at Starrise Spire. As you try to determine how you can best assist, you are approached by Kreighton Shane, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls.

"Friends, the demons have found their way into the Starrise Spire and show no signs of relenting. Even now, agents battle them within the lodge, but we cannot keep this up. Luckily, I have been researching some ancient rituals that should allow us to keep the demons outside of the Spire, and give us time to regroup. I know the rites, but I will need protection while I enact them. Can you protect me while I do this dangerous deed?"

Shane explains that the ritual is based on various texts discovered by Pathfinders exploring the Darklands. While it has some unsavory components (such as the blood of a slain animal, and bone fragments from certain creatures), the ritual is not evil.

DC 20 Knowledge (Arcana):
What he describes has several similarities with elven warding magic you've seen before.

The map has 3 squares marked where Shane will be performing parts of the ritual. Arrange yourselves around the ritual area and make any preparations you wish before he begins.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar stops raging once the blob stops moving, then collapses into a weeping, fatigued heap, sobbing over his damaged falchion.

He wipes the tears, snot and drool from his face as Thran approaches, and makes certain Thran is using Urktar's happy stick for the cures. He asks for a second charge.
"Spare the wand, lose the battle, Bert always says..."

second clw charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Staying, nothing from the shrine sounds like a plan.
That'll be four rounds of fatigue and 2 charges off Urktar's wand.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Assume time between encounters is 1-2 minutes in the same district, 4-5 between districts. You have plenty of time to heal and recover from short duration conditions like rage fatigue.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Bardic knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Thran scratches his head
"Well, you are the master of scrolls..I'll just take your word for it that you know what you are doing."

"Let's spread out and protect him long enough so he can finish his job"

Thran approaches the Master of Scrolls
"If I can make a suggestion..could you take a step to the right..away from that door? We have no idea what might come for you to stop you..and it will be harder for them to break through a wall then to open a door"

"..hopefully..' Thran silently adds to that sentence in his own mind

Are there any supplies around to make a barrier or something? If we just go by what's on the map there are 3 rectangular tables and a bunch of chairs and a big round table..which we should be able to move to put up a barricade between the 2 buildings quickly. Not sure how much space Shane needs to be able to perform his ritual..but we can potentially even box him in with 2 tables if we put 2 of them against the wall like /\ this,

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar will happily do whatever the brainy types think will help. If he's standing guard, he'll have his cold iron longspear out, for the extra reach.

Rolled the reflex save in discussion thread--sorry about that. Was a nat 1, so Urktar's Falchion is at 10 of 15 HP remaining.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

You look around for a way to create a barricade, but every time you start to move things, Shane says, "Not that!" or "Anywhere but there!". You finally give up on the idea ...

I will check in this evening to begin the encounter. Anyone who hasn't placed themselves will get put wherever I think looks good. ;-)

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
GM Rinaldo wrote:

"Friends, the demons have found their way into the Starrise Spire and show no signs of relenting. Even now, agents battle them within the lodge, but we cannot keep this up. Luckily, I have been researching some ancient rituals that should allow us to keep the demons outside of the Spire, and give us time to regroup. I know the rites, but I will need protection while I enact them. Can you protect me while I do this dangerous deed?"

Shane explains that the ritual is based on various texts discovered by Pathfinders exploring the Darklands. While it has some unsavory components (such as the blood of a slain animal, and bone fragments from certain creatures), the ritual is not evil.

"There are a few other things we'll need as well such as: Hitler's mustache shavings, a jersey autographed by O.J. Simpson, Dr. Larry Nassar's employee of the month certificate from MSU, a hair plucked from the chest of Vladimir Putin, a check for $130,000 from a lawyer representing Donald J. Trump, a sample of the Russian neurotoxin favored by agents of Kim Jong Un, the script for the movie Ultra Violet--but really it's not evil. Trust me."

~Sauron (Reportedly said after completing his jeweler's apprenticeship.)

"Are you sure this isn't evil, Dean Shaine?"

Apollyanna checks the doors to the nearby buildings, knocking first to see if anyone is home or needs help.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Urktar wrote:

Urktar will happily do whatever the brainy types think will help. If he's standing guard, he'll have his cold iron longspear out, for the extra reach.

Rolled the reflex save in discussion thread--sorry about that. Was a nat 1, so Urktar's Falchion is at 10 of 15 HP remaining.

"Don't you have a wand of cure heavy bladed weapons for your sword, Urktar?"

Grand Lodge

GM

A human caster of sorts pops by and hands Apollyanna a pouch. "Wand of cure heavy bladed weapons. Or better."

And then he leaves.

Seeker Aid Token
You may use this token to:
Benefit from aid another
or
Increase an attack’s damage
or
Heal all PCs
or
Increase a spell’s save DC

***

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"Thanks!" Apollyanna says to the human caster who somehow looked to her like a floating tentacled brain with a bullseye lantern lights where eyes of some sort should have been. I guess I made my save?

Carefully at ar's length she waves the pouch over the wounded falchion and waits a moment for something to happen.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Seeker Aid A nearby group of Seekers has provided you with assistance. You can activate this at any time to gain one of the following effects:
* Aid Another: Give one PC the benefit of Aid Another on a single d20 roll (+2 bonus)
* Allied Offensive: Give one PC a +1d8 damage bonus as a Seeker strikes the target at the same time
* Burst of Healing: All PCs receive 1d6 healing
* Spellcasting Synergy: Give one PC a +1 to the save DC of a spell they are casting

----------------------------------------------

You all take positions around Shane's ritual area, and he begins to cast. You watch the area carefully, and as expected, demons begin to arrive.

Initiative:

Apollyanna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Hudor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Zaldur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Blue: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Well, that makes it easy. Everyone is up!

DC 13 Knowledge (planes:
These are vermleks. They are most known for wearing the flesh of humanoid creatures, then consuming that flesh to heal themselves. These are not currently in flesh suits. For every 5 points you beat the DC you can request additional information.

51 to 100 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.