[PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Table Maps and Images | House Maps and Images


301 to 350 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
"I SAID '*PIT* FIEND'!" she says while spitting some flying ash from the battle. "STILL, IT COULD BE WORSE!"

See?

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

"Sorry, Bert, you just ain't gettin' it done." Urktar drops his greatsword, pulls out his falchion and attacks, before taking a five foot step back.

Falchion Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 18
magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 8 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + 3 + 6 = 21
seeker's aid for damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

my apologies: last round I forgot to include the charging penalty on AC, so all four of the attacks would've hit. So the minotaur needs to roll another 1d6+5 dmg to Urktar from last round...

Current status:
Current AC: 14/10T/14FF (raging)
Falchion, -5 HP
Current HP 18/53 (raging) minus additional (1d6+5)
Rage: 7/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 3 charges used

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
"I SAID '*PIT* FIEND'!" she says while spitting some flying ash from the battle. "STILL, IT COULD BE WORSE!"

SEE?

"ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?!"

unimproved bull rush: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Looking over his shoulder Thran sees Urktar getting a vicious beating while he looks down at the enemies climbing up the ladder in front of him

"We'll be right there! ..maybe?"

As he continues to chop down on the already damaged ladder
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Seeing Thran attacking the ladder again, he trust he will be able to dislodge it. Hudor moves to the next ladder and tries to bull rush it to dislodge it since his spear didn't seem to damage the previous ladder.

Bull Rush on Blue Ladder: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Reeling under the onslaught of the fiendish minotaur, bleeding from a multitude of wounds, Urktar shouts out encouragement to the stalwart cleric nearby:
"Kill that fiend before it kills us, Zaldur!!!"


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Thanks for keeping it honest, Urktar! 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Ooof ....

Bleeding and barely standing, Urktar makes another large gash on the minotaur. Meanwhile, Thran manages to finish breaking one ladder while Hudor pushes another over. Apollyanna can't quite get enough leverage on the last one.

Zaldur is up!

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

longspear +1 attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Zaldur's strike does not manage to pierce the minotaur's thick hide.

The minotaur roars and steps up to press his advantage.
Bite vs Urktar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
That puts Urktar at -1, which drops him out of rage. That costs him his raging CON, so he is now at -9hp and dying.

Seeing Urktar drop, the fiendish beast turns its attention to Zaldur.
Claw vs Zaldur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw vs Zaldur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Gore vs Zaldur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
That's 25 damage to Zaldur. Zaldur, I can't find your hit points on your character profile or your header, can you please fix that? I assume that at 4th level 25 doesn't drop you.

On the front of the wall, a man in crusader's outfit climbs up and sneers at Apollyanna as he draws his sword. Apollyanna gets an AoO for the crusader's movement; he is clearly working with the demons.

The ballista crew gets the bolt secured into place and begins cranking the wheel to draw it back.

Combat Card:

Round 3
Apollyanna
Hudor
Thran
Urktar [-54hp] {unconscious/bleeding}
Zaldur [-25hp]
-------
Minotaur [-38hp]
Crusader cultist
-------
Ballista Crew {Operating ballista 2/5}
-------

Everyone is up!

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

"SLICING WEDDING BANE!"

cold iron longsword v green (AoO): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"DARN IT! THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG!"

cold iron longsword v green: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
THREAT!
confirm?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 additional damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Apollyanna catches the turncoat by surprise as he comes up the ladder, then immediately runs him through! He tumbles off the wall, and makes a sickening crunch as he lands. AoO hit as he was flat-footed on the ladder; crit confirmed for a total of 26 damage.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Seeing only one ladder is left, Hudor moves to see how the others are doing. Spotting Urktar down he starts working on the siege defense bow to fire at it.

Just a move action.
Next round he will do the full-round action to fire the giant xbow.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Before I do anything..do we still have a token we can use as a free action for 1d6 healing for the whole party?

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

sorry pg is hp im going to change it
Zaldur takes a step back and implore the power of desna to heal his fallen comrade
channel energy exclude minotaur: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Thran: No, those tokens were for Act 2 only. They do not apply now.

Zaldur, you moved your token a full move action, which would provoke an AoO from the minotaur. Do you want to take the AoO, or change that to a 5'step? If you change it to 5' step, you have a move action you can take.

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

Zaldur makes a step combat and channel to heal uktar

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar's dreams shift from a blood-drenched gorefest in which he dies gloriously being cut to ribbons by a hoard of angry bulls to a scene where he's lying on a battlefield drenched in blood, his every need being tended by large, fulsome orc women...

Thanks, Zaldur! I hope you survive! By the way, you also healed 5hp, so you're 15/35 hp.
. Current status:
Fatigued, 3 more rounds
Prone, Unconscious & Stable
Falchion, -5 HP
Current HP -4/45
Rage: 7/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 3 charges used

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

I was going over my character to see if there's anything I could do that would be sort of useful (not much to be honest) in this circumstance..and then I noticed that as a Half-Orc I have ferocity..I can stay standing for 1 round and take actions at negative hp. Wouldn't Urktar being an Half-orc as well like to do this?

Thran moves forward to stand next to Hudor,ready to reload the balista once it's fired hoping the massive projectiles will be useful against the minotaur

Move to move, standard to put away my falchion. You mention it's a full round action to load, aim and fire the ballista..can we share actions to do this? Let's say I load it and Hudor fires it this round both using a standard action to do so? Otherwise..can multiple persons use a ballista in a round? If so, I'll use my next full round to fire it after Hudor has fired it

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

If Urktar had used his Ferocity, he'd be dead. He would've been still on his feet while at -9hp, and taken up to three more attacks against him, and the next hit would've put him past his constitution in negative hp. Ferocity is a double-edged sword, especially for a Barbarian. Situationally great, but potentially deadly...
But don't sweat it. Urktar is stable (i.e. unconscious but not losing any more hp). Y'all just need to finish off this minotaur. Then the healing can begin.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

So I apparently was using notes from the playtest when I wrote the text I posted at the start. I just reread the ballista rules, and what it says is:

Quote:
The Large siege engines are meant to engage nearby threats, and the PCs can employ them against enemies on the ramparts. These siege engines require 1 round to reload and can be fired as a standard action.

So one person must spend an entire round loading (like a 1 round cast spell such as Sleep or Summon Monster), then one person can spend a standard to fire.

With that clarified, does that change either Thran's or Hudor's actions?

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

If Thran and I work together, I think that would be best. One load, the other fires. I would have a +3 to attack with it. Whichever one of us has the best attack should fire while the other loads.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

How high is the palisade portion of the wall (the pokey log bits) in relation to the battlement we're standing on? What would the climb check be?


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Apollyanna, I don't have that information. Why do you want to do? What were you hoping to do?

Giving a little longer for Hudor to respond before I move forward. It will be the Minotaur up, and currently his only target is Zaldur.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

More like what am I 'hopping' to do.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Apollyanna Lapin Sukino wrote:
More like what am I 'hopping' to do.

Sorry, I don't understand ... could you be more specific, please?

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

I was kinda hoping that 'climb check' would give it away. ;) I want to know if Polly can climb, hop, defund, or burrow through the wall so I can estimate whether or not it would be worth it to go over it to help Urktar and Zaldur. If it is made out of smooth volcanic glass and 100 feet tall she'll take the bus, but if she can step over it she will.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

I will say they are roughly 4-5 feet high and rough stone. You could vault them with running start and a DC18 Acrobatics check as part of a move action, or could spend a move action climbing with a DC20 Climb check.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Ballista Mechanics for Hudor or Thran: Still have standard action left this round. So you could begin loading ballista. You continue loading until your next turn. On your next turn, you use a move action to finish loading. You'll still have standard action remaining to shoot. Right, Rinaldo?
Or is it already loaded, and one of them could shoot right now, and the other could begin reloading?


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

That is not correct. An action that requires 1 round requires both of your actions on that round. Casting a 1 round spell allows for using the standard action of two consecutive rounds, and I would allow that here, but the person doing the loading does not have a standard left, he has a move, so there's not a lot of benefit to doing it that way.

Having not heard from Hudor, I'm going to move on with Hudor and Thran both by the ballista ready to start working in tandem next round.

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Gore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
The minotaur roars and steps up, biting, clawing, and goring Zaldur.
Including his channel from last round, Zaldur started at 15hp; this 25 damage puts him at -10; his CON is 15, so he's unconscious and bleeding.

The ballista crew continues cranking the handle of the big engine, but as they do a shot from the field below makes it up to the wall, and the explosion kills two of the crew.

Combat Card:

Round 4
Apollyanna
Hudor
Thran
Zaldur [-45hp] {uncsoncious/bleeding}
Urktar [-54hp] {unconscious}
-------
Minotaur [-38hp]
-------
Ballista Crew {Operating ballista 3/5}

Apollyanna, Hudor, and Thran are up! Zaldur can give me a CON check to stabilize. If Thran and Hudor operate in tandem to fire the ballista, one of you can roll an attack roll. The ballista crew will not be able to continue working the big engine until two of you can spend your full round assisting them, standing in the spots of their fallen comrades.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor starts loading the ballista. "Fire it when I'm done Thran. We have to stop that beast."

While loading the ballista, he yells out to Apollyanna. "Urktar and Zaldur are down Apollyanna."

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urtkar: Current status:
Falchion, 18/23 HP
Current HP -4/45
Rage: 7/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 3 charges used
Fatigued 2 more rounds

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

con check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Sweating as he pulls the ballista to the side to aim at the minotaur Thran pulls back the lever as soon as he thinks he has a shot

To hit AC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 5) = 20

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Nice roll. Hopefully he had sustained enough damage for that to take him down.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued
Hudor Nero wrote:
While loading the ballista, he yells out to Apollyanna. "Urktar and Zaldur are down Apollyanna."

I prefer to think of it as "Urktar and Zaldur are no longer providing cover, nor engaged in combat..."

Very strategic of us to both collapse into comas just as you're ready to fire.
If that drops the minotaur, be sure to focus healing on Zaldur first, so he's conscious and then can also start casting cures. Thran, feel free to use Urktar's Cure Light Wounds wand if there no better options.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Working together, Hudor and Thran quickly load a bolt into the smaller ballista and fire it directly into the chest of the minotaur!

Minotaur is down!

Apollyanna can take her round, then I'll let you know how much time you have before the next wave.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

Double move.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

GM Screen:
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

In the interest of expedience, I will go ahead and just tell you that you have 3 rounds before another wave arrives. Let me know what you do, particularly for healing Zaldur and Urktar. Any rounds that two of you spend the full round assisting the ballista crew will count toward firing it.

Because we are in combat, make sure to count your movement toward the actions you are able to take.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

"Hudor you either help the crew with the big thing or reload the ballista"

Round 1: move, draw wand of cure light wounds
Round 2: move, use wand of cure light wounds on Zaldur Clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Round 3: use wand of cure light wounds on Urktar1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, move back toward balista

"You guys get up and follow me, I'll try to heal you some more while you reload the siege weapons...if we get the chance."

Edited some actions. I forgot you heal from 0. It's been a while since I got to do that.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Thran wrote:
Edited some actions. I forgot you heal from 0. It's been a while since I got to do that.

Are you thinking Starfinder / PFS V2? You have to heal up the total damage; Urktar is at -5 and Zaldur is at -10. What you rolled will wake up Urktar but not Zaldur.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

GM Rinaldo If Hudor spend 2 full rounds helping ballista crew, does that count as a single round toward firing it, or does it take 2 PCs to actually be helping at the same time?

Need to know what actions Apollyanna takes (and when), before I can know what actions Urktar might be able to take... e.g. she's within range of channel right now, so Urktar could potentially be back on his feet and get back to the small Ballista in the first round (40' movement). (And then Thran could get a CLW cast in the first round as well...) Or, he might not be on his feet until the third round...

Thran: FYI: you can pull out a wand as part of move action (like drawing a weapon), as long as you have a +1 BAB. The CRB combat section specifically calls out weapons and "weapon-like objects carried in easy reach, such as wands." So if Urktar can reach you in that first round, you'll be able to get in an extra Cure Light Wounds...

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

Channel positive healing exuberance: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Next round she'll take her wand out (move), and channel a second time.

Channel positive healing exuberance: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch
Urktar wrote:
GM Rinaldo If Hudor spend 2 full rounds helping ballista crew, does that count as a single round toward firing it, or does it take 2 PCs to actually be helping at the same time?

The ballista requires four people working simultaneously to operate - this isn't a case where fewer people can work it over a longer time.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Need to hear from everyone else so we can move forward.

Silver Crusade

Human Female Paladin of Shelyn 5 | hp 48 | AC 21 T 11 FF 20 | CMD 19 | F +10 R +6 W +8 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Diplo +10, HAnim +10, KnNob +5, KnPla +6, KnRel +5, Perc -2, Ride +6, SensM -2 | smite 2/2 | lay hands 6/6 | wand clw 39/50 |

And then, flourishing her crescent-shaped wand, Apollyanna uses it on Urktar.

"Moon Healing Escalation!"

wand of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 And that my friends is why more people should buy wands of cure moderate wounds when they become available.

"Stupid wand! Work!" she growls, banging the wand on the battlements.

Grand Lodge

male human cleric lvl 7 ac21 ff 18 to 13 hp 66/66 ini +8 cmd+21 bmc+8 fort +8 ref +5 will +8 per +16,acrob +13 sense motive +6

with second action ill be +7/35 and use 3 round for a channel to heal uktar and me
channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19
GM Rinaldo wrote:
Thran wrote:
Edited some actions. I forgot you heal from 0. It's been a while since I got to do that.
Are you thinking Starfinder / PFS V2? You have to heal up the total damage; Urktar is at -5 and Zaldur is at -10. What you rolled will wake up Urktar but not Zaldur.

Yes, I messed up on that one. Playing multiple game systems gets confusing at times

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

As soon as the healing power of Shelyn washes over him in a wave of positive energy, Urktar shakes himself off, gets to his feet and rushes back to the small ballista 40' movement--Blue Urktar indicates where he finishes round.

The following round he takes a 5' step and a round of action to reload the small ballista. Yellow Urktar indicates where he finishes round.

The third round he takes a 5' step, then takes a round of action to lend a hand with the BIG ballista, calling out for Hudor to lend a hand.

Heals: (Channels) + (CLW): (6+9+9) + (2+7)=33hp
GM Since Urktar could've moved next to Thran in the first round, could Thran have used the wand of Cure Light Wounds that round as well? If so, additional healing:
additional CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Current status:
Falchion, 18/23 HP
Current HP 29/45 or 35/45
Rage: 7/12 rounds remaining
CLW Wand: 5 or 6 charges used


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, I didn't get full sets of actions from everyone, but I've got to keep this going. Here is the recap:

3 rounds:

Round 1
Apollyanna Channel 6
Thran Draw wand+move
Hudor ??
Zaldur ??
Urktar Move

Round 2
Apollyanna Channel 9
Thran Wand Zaldur 2
Hudor ??
Zaldur ??
Urktar Reload Small Ballista

Round 3
Apollyanna Wand Urktar 2
Thran Wand Urktar 7
Hudor Operate Large Ballista
Zaldur Channel 9
Urktar Operate Large Ballista

Everyone please update your profile header with correct AC and Hit point total. That is where I look to decide if you are hit, and when you are unconscious. :)

With assistance from Hudor and Urktar, the ballista crew successfully fires the large siege engine, and gets ready to start again. Normally it takes 5 full rounds, but I had forgotten that it started pre-loaded, so you got a discount on the first one. ;-)

GM screen:
1d6 ⇒ 21d2 ⇒ 2

As the crew starts up again, you hear a sound from your right. You turn, and see a pair of schirs!

Everyone is up! Anyone who starts a round adjacent or a 5' step from the big ballista can spend their round assisting the crew. If two people do so, that advances the counter.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Core) Water Sorcerer 4.0 | AC 12 {16 w/ Mage Armor} (T 12/FF 10) | CMB +3 CMD 15 (FF 13) | HP 30/30 | Init +2 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4 (Cold Resistance 10) | Perception +0 | Speed 30' | Cold Ray 6/6 | Spells: 1 (7/7), 2 (4/4),

Hudor continues to assist the crew with the big ballista.

"Use the smaller ballista to the right to attack them."

301 to 350 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] [Retrocon] GM Rinaldo's Siege of the Diamond City (CORE Subtier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.