To face a God of iron.

Game Master DBH

When the alien fire that gives it it's name goes out and the disappearance of a local leader, the town of Torch calls for heroes to save the town and end their peril.

Iron gods folder

Loot

Found devices

New tech

The haunted well


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,727 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Are you sure you want to do that?

0. Haunted Canyon.
This region of Scrapwall is constantly shrouded with strange mists that obscure all sight beyond 5 feet. The mists are clammy and unpleasant, and radiate faint necromancy. As you cautiously travel the canyon you are constantly aware of flickers of motion at the edge of your senses. However nothing comes close enough to you to be identified. Finally you reach the remains of a small flying craft, mostly buried under rubble now. The starboard airlock lies open to you.

P1. Airlock.
The air is unnaturally cold in this empty atrium . Metal doorways yawn to the north and south, and the slanted floor is strewn with strange bits of rubble and twisted lengths of metal. The ceiling is badly damaged here, its gray metal shell shattered innumerous places, exposing coils of rusty, mold-covered cables and wires.

New map up top. Haunted wreck.

What are you doing now?


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

Figgy snaps a sunrod, throwing it into the air lock.

"After the larger folk." Figgy says out loud while looking at Springy.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga sniffed the mist around him and wrinkled his nose.

He nodded towards Figgy and tried to sound confident by joking, "Big folk, that would be me, right?"

He then drew his greatsword and entered the flying craft.


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None
Roga, savage technologist wrote:
He nodded towards Figgy and tried to sound confident by joking, "Big folk, that would be me, right?"

"You smash the things with your sword, so yes. You are the big folk." JJ jokingly snarked as he got he decided which pistol to play with, opting for the double barrel pistol. "Don't know if techno pistols will do much against spooks, but if they're anything like those creeps from the first wreck we took on, this'll handle them."

After Roga went in, JJ followed and tried to stay towards the middle of the group.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Dilana runs her hands along the walls. "Kind of creep now isn't it."

She looks at Roga.

"Don't think of it as big but capable really. Figgy and I are not so capable in the front."


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

'"That and you all are much bigger than me" Figgy says moving up beside Dilana showing that even with his hair standing straight up Dilana is taller than him


Are you sure you want to do that?

You move into the wreck, the air remains unnaturally cold and odd noises come up in different areas of the structure, nothing that sounds alive however. Metal scraping on metal, a faint rattle that tails away slowly...

Three doors to choose from North, south and east.

What are you doing now?


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

"I know I keep saying it, but his town gets stranger and stranger," Raktar says, unnerved by the creepy mists. He's less distressed by the metal craft, but is aware of the horrors the group encountered beneath Torch and is determined to face them head on.

He took a few moments to use his magic to bolster himself and his friends, the light from his scars reflecting more brightly from the metal passageway than he had expected.

I'm going to cast bull's strength, shield of faith, protection from technology and lead blades on myself, alongside bless on everyone.

Stats:

HP 46/49
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+5 armour, +2 deflection, +1 natural armour)
Speed: 40 ft
Fort: +5 (+4 vs disease), Ref: +2, Will: +5 (+1 vs fear from bless, +1 to all on effects vs technological objects and creatures with the robot subtype)
Conditions: bless, bull's strength, lead blades, shield of faith, protection from technology
Melee attack (+1 earthbreaker): +9 (+3 BAB, +3 Str, +1 enhancement, +1 bless, +2 bull's strength, -1 Power Attack)
Melee Damage (+1 earthbreaker): 3d6+11 (+4 Str, +1 enhancement, +3 bull's strength, +3 Power Attack)


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

"Your right Raktar, its kind of wonderful isn't it."

She follows along clearly curious about this ship

"I like that we are at least above ground."


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Olimpia moves to the North door and checks it for traps before checking the door across from it.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Are you sure you want to do that?

None of the doors are locked, or trapped. You will have to lift them manually as power has failed throughout the wreck.

Which door?


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar moves through the narrow corridor, putting his hammer back into it's boot. Olimpia's report on the doors is reassuring and he readies himself to lift the northern door. "Are we ready?" he says, looking back at the group. He waits for confirmation then bends his legs, grips the door, and heaves it open.


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

JJ holds his pistols high and gets them ready for pointing and shooting. "Ready to burn powder."


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

This door first. Olimpia says as she tries to lift the north door she is near.


Are you sure you want to do that?

As the pair start to lift the door it rises easily, far too easily, and the other doors are rising with it?

Behind you the door reveals four skeletal figures dressed in rotting spacesuits, they clutch jagged shards of metal in the bony hands.

Olimpia & Raktar see in front of them a ghostly, skeletal figure rising up amid a whirling cyclone of tools, plates, utensils, and other loose objects.

Frightener:

will Olimpia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
will Raktar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Frightened: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Knowledge Religion DC21:

Poltergeist.
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+1 deflection, +1 Dex)
hp 16 (3d8+3)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4
Defensive Abilities incorporeal, natural invisibility, rejuvenation; Immune undead traits

OFFENSE

Speed fly 20 ft. (perfect)
Special Attacks frightener, telekinesis

STATISTICS

Base Atk +2; CMB 3; CMD 14
Feats Ability Focus (fear)*, Alertness
Skills Fly +9, Perception +9, Sense Motive +3
Languages Common
SQ site bound

Raktar feels his courage desert him as the thing looks at him with an endless hatred.

Raktar you are Frightened.

The party may now act.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

The increasingly strange occurrences today have clearly taken their toll on Raktar's mind, and the appearance of the ghostly figure on the other side of the door is too much for him. He shakes for a second before roaring in horror and sprinting down the corridor, bowling his friends aside in his desperate flight from the apparition.

I leg it.


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

"What is happening up there? Why did Raktar just run past me screaming?" Figgy shouts to the group


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Stuck in the back Dilana lets out a little gasp is Raktar runs by.

"Are we leaving?"

Stupid enclosed spaces.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Skeletons and something not corporeal. Olimpia warns. Knowing that he blades do little to skeletons she will try to shoot the green skeleton before backing out herself. Lets get out of the ship so we have room to move. she recommends.

Musket vs flat footed skelly: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 171d12 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + (2, 2) = 12


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

Figgy and Springy leave the ship following Raktar at Olimpia's suggestion.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

"But the ghosts.... fine"

Dilana harrumphs and then follows the others out.


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

Seeing his ally flee before some unknown terror, JJ could only wonder what exactly scared one of the big, chunky guys. As others left, JJ stood there and focused down the hall. "Spooks... I hate spooks... Roga, let's stand our ground here and use the hallway as a chokepoint. We'll weed out the skeletons one at a time and force... whatever ghost is in there to come to us. After that, we'll pull back slowly to give us more room or our comrades will flank the spirit." JJ said as he tried to find favorable position before looking to the new face. "Hope you're good with a gun."

Move Action: Five foot step over and plant back against the wall.
Ready Action: Shoot first skeleton that comes out the door.
Swift Action: Activate Beneficial Bandoleer to reload one barrel

+1 DBP+PBS-DA-Both Triggers: 1d20 + 12 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 1 - 4 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 6) + 12 = 24


Are you sure you want to do that?

Valeria & Roga still have actions.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga nodded at JJ and readied his pistol. He looked closely at how the gunman handled the weapon, hoping for a better result.

------------
ready action, shoot when opponents close (<20')

pistol to hit: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 = 14
damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 7) = 15

Stats:

HP 58/58
AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17
Conditions: n/a
Melee (+1 greatsword): +9 = +1 magic +5 (base) +3 (STR)
Melee Damage (+1 greatsword): 2d6+5, 19-20
-2 to hit, +6 damage for power attack
Ranged (MW double barreled pistol): +8 = +1 MW +5 (base) +2 (DEX)
Ranged damage (MW pistol): 1d8, x4, 20' (touch AC in 1st range)
Rage adds +2 to hit/damage
10/10 rage, 10/10 gravity clip


Female Human (Kellid) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 5
Spoiler:
[HP: 42/42]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 15]; [BAB: +5; CMB: +6; CMD: 21]; [Saves: Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +9; Will: +4]; [Initiative: +10]; [Perception: +15]
Grit: 2/3 Battery: 8/10

Valeria moves down the hallway, past the door Raktar had just left, to see what had shaken the usually unflappable oracle. Taking Olympia's words to heart she pulls one of her ghost salt cartridges and loads her pistol.
Saying a silent prayer to the spirit of her departed mother that the door behind her doesn't open unexpectedly to unleash even more horrors, she peeks around the corner into the room.
Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Are you sure you want to do that?

Valeria. You're still in the same round. The Poltergeist dropped it's Invisibility to frighten Raktar. You can see it in room P2.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Raktar surprises everybody by fleeing.

You were only frightened for 1 round, so you are back to normal.

Olimpia & Jeremiah blast one of the Skeletons to splinters when it shuffles out the door.

Valeria loads Ghost salt and lines up the Poltergeist.

Not having seen what is happening Dilana & Figgy leave the ship.

Roga takes a shot and staggers Green as it lurches out the doorway.

enemy action:

Green slashes at Valeria.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Missing her with it's bony claws.

Red & Blue are held up behind Green.

The Poltergeist begins stirring up the debris in it's room to use as it's attack.

Perception Valeria: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Valeria you detect with some alarm that there are several grenades in the debris!

The party may act now.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Breathing heavily from both exertion and fear, Raktar finally settles himself. The knuckles of his hand are white around the shaft of his hammer and he realises he has left his friends behind. ”Coward,” he mutters, angry at himself, before turning and running back the way he came.

Double Move to the square north of Roga, if someone could move me there please?


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

As Raktar runs back in Dilans shrugs.

"Make up your mind."

Following she eyes the green skeleton and attempts to make it easier to hit.

Will DC16 Save: -2AC 7 round saves reduces to 1 round.


Female Human (Kellid) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 5
Spoiler:
[HP: 42/42]; [Armor Class: 20; Touch: 15; Flat Footed: 15]; [BAB: +5; CMB: +6; CMD: 21]; [Saves: Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +9; Will: +4]; [Initiative: +10]; [Perception: +15]
Grit: 2/3 Battery: 8/10

"Son of a B!&#+, grenades!" Valeria yells as she notices them swirling around in the debris. Knowing she's got to take this thing down quickly she steels herself against the attack from the nearby skeleton as she ignores it to concentrate on the poltergeist.
Valeria is going to spend a Grit point to activate her Up Close and Deadly ability while she draws an AoO from the skeleton.
Attack roll (ranged touch) (PBS, deadly aim): 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 14
Damage (PBS, deadly aim, up close and deadly): 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 4 + (2, 6) = 21


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

"What can we do to help Springy? There are so many of them in the way I cannot even see what is happening." Figgy tries to move forward but doesn't want to get in the way.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Botting time.

Roga takes a step forward and swings his greatsword at Green
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8 Nice to know the s!!* rolls aren't just for my characters. :(

Valeria blasts the Poltergeist and it shrieks in disbelief as it is destroyed by the shot. Thankfully the grenades drop harmlessly back to the deck with its demise.

Jeremiah lines up Blue as it shambles out the doorway to attack.

Pistol: 1d20 + 12 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 1 - 4 = 27
Pistol Crit?: 1d20 + 12 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 4d8 + 24 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 8) + 24 = 45

Just repeating your last shot Jeremiah. And I'm not the least bit jealous of that damage.

The Skeleton is disintegrated by a near perfect shot.

Red lurches into combat when Blue is removed.

Olimpia slipped through the crowded area and into the room, shooting at Red when it emerges.

Musket: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The shot hitting but being mostly absorbed by the thick, decaying spacesuit it wears.

Red lashes at:

Random: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Olimpia

Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

It's bony clawed fingers coming close, but not quite touching the graceful rogue.

Of more concern is the glowing creature that has appeared in the room behind Valeria.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC19:

Will-o-wisp.
Evil creatures that feed on the strong psychic emanations of terrified creatures, will-o’-wisps delight in tempting gullible travelers into dangerous situations.
In the wild lands where they’re most common, will-o’-wisps favor simple tactics like positioning themselves over cliffs or quicksand where they can easily be mistaken for lanterns (especially if they can set their traps near actual signal lanterns), allowing them to lure unwary travelers into perilous situations.
On rare occasions, will-o’-wisps seeking easier pickings will move into a city and take up residence near gallows or follow along invisibly behind an army in order to harvest the fear of the dying men; why the vast majority choose to remain in the swamps where victims are scarce remains a mystery.
Will-o’-wisps only use their electric shock ability under extreme duress, preferring to let other creatures or hazards claim their victims while they float nearby and feast.

It has been enjoying the feeling of misery and dispair in this haunted wreck. Now with the Poltergeist banished it's annoyed at it's food being removed and moving to punish you.

The party may now act.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Unsure if she can even effect these creatures and thinking the tight quarters works against her Dilana takes a step back.

Unless they clear out there is not much I can do. Best to wait.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Yikes! totally missed all were up.

Olympia steps back, reloads, and fires at the skeleton again. DR from the space suit? Olympia is only shooting to bypass DR... bullets do bludgeoning.

Musket vst skelly: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

Figgy moves forward bomb ready in his hands but not wanting to hurt anyone.

Figgy throws his bomb at the undead creature making sure not to his Valeria or Roga.

Bomb touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 253d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) + 4 = 16


Are you sure you want to do that?

Figgy's bomb finishes what Olimpia started, destroying the last of the skeletons.

@Olimpia. No DR, just me trying to describe a low damage roll.

Still the Will-o-wisp to deal with.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar hears a series of gunshots and explosions, then looks around the corner to see a floating ball of light. "What is that?" he asks, hammer in hand.

Raktar has no reason to suspect that the will-o-wisp is even a creature, let alone a threat. I'll delay for now, pending further IC information.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Dilana pokes her head around the corner to get a look at what is left in front of them.

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Does she know anything about the Will-O-Wisp


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

"It is rather pretty but I am not sure, Maybe we could put it into a lantern to light things up for us?" Figgy says


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Once Olimpia sees the creature she will try to recall what it is as well.

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


| HP: 61/61 | AC: 26 (Tch 17, Fl 19) | CMB: +7, CMD: 24 | F: +6 , R: +10, W: +6| Init: +5(+7) | Perc: +17 | Speed 30ft | Grit: 3/3 | Ammunition: 30, 30 Adamantine| +1 Double Barreled Pistol +13 (1d8+1/x4), +2 Inferno Pistol +14 (1d6+6) (10 Charges)| Active Conditions: None

With a near perfect shot shattering the skeleton to pieces, even JJ was impressed with that shot. "I love guns. I really do..." He mused to himself before spotting the glowing ball.

Raktar Garnok wrote:
Raktar hears a series of gunshots and explosions, then looks around the corner to see a floating ball of light. "What is that?" he asks, hammer in hand.

JJ shrugs. "Don't look at me. My knowledge is guns, not creatures." He replies as he reloaded his pistol with a whistle and moves out of the way to give the ones in the back room to move in.

Swift Action: Beneficial Bandoleer reload.
Move Action: Move 20ft up into P4

@GM_DBH Also, I do not blame you for being jealous. Those are impressive numbers.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Sorry folks, any information on the Will-o-wisp is Knowledge Dungeoneering. With that Olimpia your Know Dun is higher than your Know Arc. So use your roll to read the spoiler a few posts back. Or go Here.


Female Android Rogue 6, Magus (Spire Defender) 1| HP 64/64 | AC 25 | T 18 | F 18 | F +8/ R +13/ W+7, +4 vs mind affecting, paralysis, poison stun| Per +24/27 traps | Init +8 | CMB +5 | CMD | 23| +13 Wakizashi(1d6+7)

Its a wisp! Olimpia warns. An evil creatures that feed on the strong psychic emanations of terrified creatures. They can use an electric shock attack and can go invisible.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

"Invisible. I have just the thing."

She scoots up to where she can see and casts a spell.

Glitterdust DC16 - Will Negates blindness


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

"Sounds like it's part of the problem then," Raktar replies to Olimpia's information. He hefts his hammer and moves along behind Dilana. He hangs back a moment to allow her to cast her spell before expanding his armour and swinging his hammer at the floating creature.

Move Action to move 20ft into combat with the wisp (could I be moved please?), Immediate Action to expand my smart armour, Standard Action to attack.

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 3d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 11 = 25

Stats:

HP 46/49
AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 22 (+9 armour, +2 deflection, +1 natural armour)
Speed: 30 ft
Fort: +5 (+4 vs disease), Ref: +2, Will: +5 (+1 vs fear from bless, +1 to all on effects vs technological objects and creatures with the robot subtype)
Conditions: bless, bull's strength, lead blades, shield of faith, protection from technology, expanded armour
Melee attack (+1 earthbreaker): +9 (+3 BAB, +3 Str, +1 enhancement, +1 bless, +2 bull's strength, -1 Power Attack)
Melee Damage (+1 earthbreaker): 3d6+11 (+4 Str, +1 enhancement, +3 bull's strength, +3 Power Attack)


Are you sure you want to do that?

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Oh come on!

The Wisp bobs in shock as it is suddenly blinded and outlined in glitter by Dilana's spell.

Raktar storms up to the Wisp, seething at his so far poor showing. He slams his hammer into the creature with great satisfaction.

Be sure to thank Dilana Raktar. A Wisp has 26 armor, 9 of which is Dex. Lost due to it being blinded! Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Valeria aims and fires past Raktar.

Pistol: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 29
Pistol Crit?: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 10 Not a crit. What is it with me rolling crits for the Gunslingers? I bet if I was running one I'd never get any.

Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 4 + (1, 5) = 22

Finishing the Wisps existence even before it has a chance to stop being surprised.

P2 Cargo Bay.
The north eastern wall of this blasted chamber was obviously super-heated at some point, for here and there, the walls ran waxlike, forming slag that cooled into puddles of steel all along the floor. Debris litters the floor it might once have been tech of great value but now is mere scraps of unsalvageable, halfmelted junk.

Loot
Amid the clutter in this chamber are.
43 silverdisks,
A timeworn grenade launcher (14 charges),
3 concussion grenades,
A timeworn emergency beacon (18 charges),
A timeworn emergency raft (3 charges),
A timeworn emergency shelter,
3 charges of cylex.

P3 Engine Room.
The eastern half of this room is a tangle of gray metal, strange engine parts, and rubble, all of which was subjected to great heat long ago, judging by the metal's melted and scorched surfaces.
Here and there, softly glowing residues are caked onto bits and pieces of the metal.

P4 Stasis Pods.
The air in this compartment is choking and stale . The dust here is inches thick nothing has disturbed this area in years. To the west, the wall is partially crushed and melted, leaving a fivefoot-wide, two-foot-tall gap that opens in to another chamber beyond.
Four large coffin-shaped objects made of glass and metal sit against the walls-one to the north and three to the south.
The northern pod and the central southern pod are partially broken .
The other two southern pods appear to be only slightly damaged. The air is thick with a rancid scent, like old meat gone bad.

Loot:
Among the remains in the four pods are:
4 gray access cards.

What are you doing now?

Sorry this is so late. The board keeps crapping out on me. I've added the new gear to the new tech link.


Status: Mage Armor 7 Hours | Witch 7 | HP 39/46 | AC 13 | T 13 | F 10 | Per +2 | Init +9 | Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +9 | CMB +3 | CMD 16 | +6 Lt Crossbow 1d8 19-20x2 | Sickle +4 1d6 x2
hex:
Evil Eye (-2 DC18), Cackle (move), Misfortune (1 rnd, DC 18), Flight (levitate once per day/ flight 7 5 minutes)
CLW Wand 40/50 | 2/2 CLW Potion | Ray of Enfeeblement 33/34 (CL1 - DC15) | Ray of exhaustion 16/18 (CL5 - DC16)

Nothing more annoying then a full caster with hexes

Dilana gives a little whahooo when the spell works so well.

I may not be a bruiser but I can certainly pull my weight.

As normaly she has little interest in the technology but will slip a gray access card in her pocket if possible.


Male NG Human (Kellid) Oracle 7 | HP: 65/65, DR 2/- | AC: 17/21 (Tch 10, Fl 17/21) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +7 (+4 vs disease), R: +4, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +0 | Speed 40/30ft | Spells: 1st 5/7, 2nd 4/7, 3rd 4/5 | Armour charges: 55/60, Chainsaw charges 9/10 | Default stats only - see stats spoiler for current status

Raktar reaches out to shake Dilana and Valeria's hands. "Sorry about earlier," he says apologetically, "but that was great team work. I think we're really starting to gel."

Raktar looks around the other rooms with the group. "Looks like this place got much too hot at some point," he says, the melted structure looking like his first attempts at his family's forge.


HP 56 l AC 18 (T 15, FF14) l F +9 R +9 W +4 l ini +2 Prec +12

Figgy's eyes bulge out of his head at all the new and interesting toys that have just become available. All the machinery that is in this ship as well.

"Do you think we can take it ALL back with us?" Figgy says with drool coming out of his lip.


Male human barbarian 3/ranger 2 | CMB: 8, CMD: 20 | F: +9, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft i medium armor|

Roga wrinkled his nose at the stench coming from the pods, "Nothing is alive there, is there?"

he looked at the loot and asked the smarter ones in the group, "You think any of it will be useful to me?"

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,727 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To face a God of iron. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.