The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


78,201 to 78,250 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | next > last >>

"Ace" wrote:
Lyn, is there a way to tell if the field prevents teleportation, aside from just attempting to teleport in? Detect Magic and a spellcraft check or if it's tech based, the Technomancy spell(which, I imagine students capable of casting magic learn in engineering class?) and a Engineering check?

Teleport will work. It functions as a wall of force. This is a basic spell craft check so I'm just giving it to you. :)


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Timing it just right, Ace teleports in as soon as Fei does his superman punch, landing next to the two guards dragging Tyrinn. "Excuse me, but she's with us."

Lyn, initiative? Attack rolls? Etc? lol


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen dimendion doors over to where Ehos is, and attempts to discern if he can be removed fro mthe machine safely.

What skills?


"Ace" wrote:

Timing it just right, Ace teleports in as soon as Fei does his superman punch, landing next to the two guards dragging Tyrinn. "Excuse me, but she's with us."

Lyn, initiative? Attack rolls? Etc? lol

We don't use initiative. Just let everyone have a go before you take your next round is all. So, yeah, attack rolls, you have surprise on these guys.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen dimendion doors over to where Ehos is, and attempts to discern if he can be removed fro mthe machine safely.

What skills?

Knowledge engineering, knowledge arcana, perception, disable device (for purpose of analyzing it rather than actually disabling it in this instance). Any or all of these will give you info.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Twirling his staff, Ace unleashes a blur of strikes and attacks, attempting to subdue Ty's captors.

1d20 + 36 ⇒ (6) + 36 = 42 trip attempt, spending a Moment of Inspiration to get +13.

Can I attack the 2nd guard with my full attack, or do I need to wait a turn?


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

1d20 + 32 ⇒ (13) + 32 = 45Engineering
1d20 + 32 ⇒ (12) + 32 = 44Arcana
1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35Perception


"Ace" wrote:

Twirling his staff, Ace unleashes a blur of strikes and attacks, attempting to subdue Ty's captors.

1d20+36 trip attempt, spending a Moment of Inspiration to get +13.

Can I attack the 2nd guard with my full attack, or do I need to wait a turn?

No full attack this turn because surprise round

The first guard falls flat on his face, dragging Tyrrin to the ground along with him. She groans as she hits the ground, starting to come to.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

1d20+32Engineering

1d20+32Arcana
1d20+29Perception

The machine appears to be tapping into Ehos's nervous system directly. Ripping him out would most likely kill him. Touching the machine would most likely kill him. Removing him from the machine would most likely kill everyone here because the thing you notice the most as you enter the room is the sound. The entire room is filled with the most beautiful singing. And it only takes a second to realize that this is Ehos singing. The machine is both forcing him to sing and using the effects of his powers to fulfill its intended function. In short, the machine is attacking the wards that surround the planet through the connection between Ehos and Tyrrin and the wards themselves


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Seeing one of the guards holding Tyrrin fall to the floor, Fei presumes that both Casilkasheyith and Ghalen are now in the chamber.

With Jaiye waiting on him to win through the barrier, the young monk unclenches the fist he slammed against the magical wall. Splaying his hand out, he absorbs its remaining energies to take it down.

Apologies for posting out of turn. I know this will technically occur after Ghalen finishes his actions, but I will be on the road for the weekend and do not wish to cause delays by my absence. (^-^)


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Does Gahlen thing a silence spell would suffice to hinder the effect for a bit? Is the power source of the device visible? Does he think cuttingthe power would stop it with out killing anyone?


Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Does Gahlen thing a silence spell would suffice to hinder the effect for a bit? Is the power source of the device visible? Does he think cuttingthe power would stop it with out killing anyone?

A silence spell would stop you guys from hearing the singing, but wouldn't alter the effect. Ehos is the power source for the device. That's why the singing isn't insta-killing everyone in the room.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen moves over to the control console and tries to discern how to shut it off..
He hasn't attacked anyone, so he should still be invisible...


Alrighty then. *cracks neck/knuckles* Straight into the deep end.
Are you sure?
Yes. Why wouldn't I be?
Well, that metaphor implies you can swim decently...
....
Why are you looking at me li-
*shoves self into swimming pool*


Taika Niyambi had, for a while now, found herself wandering the halls looking for something to do. This had culminated in one of the art rooms and the procurement of a pottery wheel and some clay, which she dragged out into the garden with the help of some of the younger students she'd told she was going to do make something they would never expect.

Now she sat out in the gardens in front of a handful of little students who were watching her make the clay spin as she used her fingers to carve pieces out or grooves in. As some of the water flicked off the wheel and splashed them the kids missed her slipping a powder into the ball she was making before almost closing it up.

Dark Archive

Up in one of the free-training gym areas Anthony was playing a very... interesting game of tag. One team, polymorphed into animals with various numbers on them, darted around the playing field while the other team chased after them and fired at them with arrows. Luckily for the animal team the arrows were tipped by large cloth spheres filled with colored chalk dust so there could be no mistaking if an arrow hit or not.

I won't say way, but there's a cookie up for grabs with this post.


Male Lycan, Desert Coyote

In the library the librarians were having a bit of a fit. A lycan was reading a fair numbers of books and while normally that would be just fine, this particular lycan was making a dagger and shield go around to collect and carry the ones he wanted. The dagger slide carefully under a book, lifted slightly, and pulled it back out on to the shield as Merikh made slow and measured motions with one arm, practicing his bending while catching up on some required reading, so to speak.

He needed to know the history of the world. Maybe in doing so he'd discover just who had left that bit of Freda Vmysa in the garden and why it depicted what it did...


Male Firebird

Dearest Mother and Father,

I hope this letter reaches you in good time and under enjoyable circumstances. Integration seems a strange and fruitful waste of time and I am unclear as to why the filthy Grounders desire it so except to taint our bloodlines and drive us to extinction. So many of my generation are here now and I am sad to say that our traditions and values are falling from them like embers from burning shiguusi.

I have found a few who feel the same way we do. We are planning to meet up and discuss our options at a later date. I will send you the transcript of the meeting afterwards.

Your Best and Brightest, Pyrrhos Svarog

A flick of his wrist and the letter he'd just penned burns away, it's smoke and ashes drifting off towards their clandestine meeting.

"Soon," Pyhrros said to himself as he began the walk back to school "we will reclaim our former heights of glory and prestige. Exceed them...."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas leans against a tree in front of the path Phyrros was taking, twirling his wand in one hand idly, unclear as to how much he has heard, how much he had seen “exceeding our former heights of glory eh? Worthwhile goal if I’ve ever heard of one. Mind sharing how you plan to do that?”


Male Firebird

"The thing with reading over someone's shoulder, little brother, is that you need to be tall enough to actually see things clearly." Phyrros replied evenly. "And eavesdroppers never fully understand what they think they hear."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas tuts at the accusations "reading over your shoulder? From over here? You must think me incredibly rude, is it really so bad that I check up on my family?" he quips, not even trying to deny that he was evesdropping, it’s what he does.


Male Firebird

"When you rarely ever do so,Myers. As far as I awash concerned, little brother."


That's a weird typo I made. Two. Ugh. That's whay I get for posting half awake.

"When you rarely every do so as far as I was concerned, little brother."


Female Firebird Oracle 7
Taika Niyambi wrote:

Taika Niyambi had, for a while now, found herself wandering the halls looking for something to do. This had culminated in one of the art rooms and the procurement of a pottery wheel and some clay, which she dragged out into the garden with the help of some of the younger students she'd told she was going to do make something they would never expect.

Now she sat out in the gardens in front of a handful of little students who were watching her make the clay spin as she used her fingers to carve pieces out or grooves in. As some of the water flicked off the wheel and splashed them the kids missed her slipping a powder into the ball she was making before almost closing it up.

Another lady firebird was undertaking a similar activity a few minutes later, passing by the assembly with a jar full of colored glass rods and tools in one hand and a small, handheld blowtorch in the other. She stops to watch the show for a moment.

Archena has earthy, clay-colored hair and deep tan skin, a strange combination for a human but fairly common among Firebirds. However, uncommonly, the hands she grips her supplies with have long, talon-like nails and an almost scale-like texture leading into slight, sparse plummage on her forearms. She's currently wearing a paint splattered T-shirt with the sleeves cut short and the main shirt cut above her midriff, and a pair of high waisted jean shorts. No shoes.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

He chuckles "well isn't that just the pot calling the kettle black. Surrounded as I am by strangers, is it so strange that I find myself desiring a familiar face? any familiar face?"


Archena Surya wrote:

Another lady firebird was undertaking a similar activity a few minutes later, passing by the assembly with a jar full of colored glass rods and tools in one hand and a small, handheld blowtorch in the other. She stops to watch the show for a moment.

Archena has earthy, clay-colored hair and deep tan skin, a strange combination for a human but fairly common among Firebirds. However, uncommonly, the hands she grips her supplies with have long, talon-like nails and an almost scale-like texture leading into slight, sparse plummage on her forearms. She's currently wearing a paint splattered T-shirt with the sleeves cut short and the main shirt cut above her midriff, and a pair of high waisted jean shorts. No shoes.

Taika noticed the new audience member and she did her best not to let on anything was different for the kids. She announced, with a smile, that the ball was done and the pottery wheel was no longer needed. This met some bemoaning but she quieted that with a snap of her fingers that caused a little flame to appear above one.

She had the children spread out in a circle and picked one at random to put the drying claw ball down in front of. The flame was put to the tiny hole and instantly emerald smoke began to pour out.

"Roll it around the circle. It's safe, but if you can get it going fast enough it might just change colors. Don't skip anyone." She added before cleaning off the wheel and looking to Archena as the kids began rolling the ball around to try and get the smoke to change.

"If I had to guess, you're going to do some glass blowing, right?"


Male Firebird
Lucas Svarog wrote:

He chuckles "well isn't that just the pot calling the kettle black. Surrounded as I am by strangers, is it so strange that I find myself desiring a familiar face? any familiar face?"

"We have other siblings and there are plenty of other firebirds, nobility or not, for you to go to. Since you decided to follow me and eavesdrop then the simple conclusion is you want something from me." He replied as he brushed some of the ash from his hands. Burning letters was rarely a clean matter.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"... and you wonder why I usually seek other company..” Lucas sighs


Male Firebird

"Not especially, no." Pyrrhos replied casually. "So why were you following me, younger brother?"


Female Firebird Oracle 7

"I can see where you'd get that, but I've actually got another idea."

She watches as the kids pass the smoking ball around the circle.

"You're pretty good with kids, huh? I'm glad to see at least one of ours is."


"It's not really hard. Kids down here get to be happy and try out the things they want to do instead of being pushed towards a certain oath. For a little while at least. Gives me a bit of hope for my little brother to grow more social."

"So," she asks, changing the subject, "what is this idea of yours? You have me interested."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

“Would you accept simple curiosity?...... no? Fair enough. Sister dear is a tad miffed at me, I was going for a walk when I spotted you. If you were expecting some complicated diabolical ploy, I am sorry to disappoint you when no plan is forthcoming” he says with a mocking lit to his voice


Male Firebird

"Has your curiosity been sated or is there something else that interests you about me still?"


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Archena chuckles a little bit. "Yeah, that never really stopped me."

She holds up a few of her fingers to her glass supplies. "I was gonna do some sculpting, but I think I wanna try doing my nails with this. Can't be too hard, right?"


"I can't imagine it is, no. It's just brushing paint on to something after all."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

Up in one of the free-training gym areas Anthony was playing a very... interesting game of tag. One team, polymorphed into animals with various numbers on them, darted around the playing field while the other team chased after them and fired at them with arrows. Luckily for the animal team the arrows were tipped by large cloth spheres filled with colored chalk dust so there could be no mistaking if an arrow hit or not.

I won't say way, but there's a cookie up for grabs with this post.

Unsure how she got roped into this game, the furry form of a cat-like Midori darted across the gym, dodging arrows left and right. She caught a whiff of chalk as an arrow burst right in front of her, and she sneezed, skidding to a stop to glance around at the opposing team and get her bearings. These chalk arrows stung but hurt much less than a training session at home.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

Vai sits placidly on an cliff edge somewhere within the school. Deep breaths in, and out. The chill mountain air permeates her form, her senses sharp and active, as she struggles to keep her mind blank.

Fei was off having fun at some elven festival. Ace too. Phaeze was undergoing another transformation. Nasima was hopefully safe, wherever she was. Sadie and her were never really the same, even if they refused to admit that to themselves. The family was busy with various projects. Her birth parents needed to be avoided. The eggs were too much to worry about at this moment. Keme continued to be an ass.

Those were all good excuses to be hiding in here, right?

Vai opens her eyes and looks out over Sifu Daiyu's view. The lovely mountain air. Where she first discovered the joy of flight and finally started accepting that she could be happy once again.

...

The specter of Lumos hung dark in her mind. That was the real reason she was here. She wanted to DO something, but there wasn't anything to do. Fei had said the other Vai wasn't a problem anymore, and she believed him. And Lumos had not selected a new champion when... when she had a chance to.

"Arrg!" Vai cries in frustration, standing as she does and breaking the perfect stillness with her voice. "That's it!"

Vai turns and stomps out of the room. She didn't know where she was headed, but going in circles in her own head was not helping in the slightest.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt has been keeping up with his warlock caloric intake needs for long enough not to have issues eating at this pace, so he's good, if sometimes getting a little ahead of himself in speaking before swallowing.

"I think I might know about something you'll like."

He bites his lower lip a bit as he looks over his notes.

this one is on me, I apparently missed this comment almost a year ago

Dave quirks an eyebrow, but won’t bother to actually ask this time “well I look forward to the unveiling,”

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Pyrrhos Svarog wrote:
"Has your curiosity been sated or is there something else that interests you about me still?"

”what interests me is that despite my proverbial olive branch to you dear brother, you continue to respond with all the warmth of a cave wall. What has you on the defensive, one can’t help but wonder”

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Arthur Barren wrote:
He looks giddy as he nods, running back to the library

Arthur walks up to Adon with a grin “grand news! I have received permission to aid you with your issue, it will likely take me some time, maybe a few hours, maybe a few days to get your device made, depending on how much work it will be to integrate, but from now I mostly need to get some readings off you, blood pressure, BMI, dimensions, Magnetic Reaonance if we can, the usual”


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

As Vai was wandering the halls, a young, pale skinned firebird suddenly falls from the shadows clinging to the ceiling. *If* there wouldn't be any shadows(for whatever reason), then they are spontaneously created and disappear shortly thereafter.

"Oh, ouch! Dang it this is hard!" She says aloud, though obviously to herself. A shifting aura of deep purples, midnight blues, and darkest blacks surrounds her, and Vai knows she's looking at the new Champion of Darkness.

She doesn't stand up right away, opting to sit on the floor, and rub her knee which bears a noticeable bruise.


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Serrin Surya wrote:

As Vai was wandering the halls, a young, pale skinned firebird suddenly falls from the shadows clinging to the ceiling. *If* there wouldn't be any shadows(for whatever reason), then they are spontaneously created and disappear shortly thereafter.

"Oh, ouch! Dang it this is hard!" She says aloud, though obviously to herself. A shifting aura of deep purples, midnight blues, and darkest blacks surrounds her, and Vai knows she's looking at the new Champion of Darkness.

She doesn't stand up right away, opting to sit on the floor, and rub her knee which bears a noticeable bruise.

Vai's immediate reaction is to jump backwards, her wings sprouting wide from her back before she realizes exactly what's going on...

"Freaking seriously?!" she mutters under her breath as she takes in the aura around the other student.

Once her heartrate steadied out a bit, Vai's wings fold back into herself and she walks over to Serrin, bending down next to her. A bit of hair trails down from Vai's bangs to hide one of her eyes. "Are you alright?"

Serrin can see Vai surrounded by a bright and beautiful Aura of Light.


Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Anthony Dacamara wrote:

Up in one of the free-training gym areas Anthony was playing a very... interesting game of tag. One team, polymorphed into animals with various numbers on them, darted around the playing field while the other team chased after them and fired at them with arrows. Luckily for the animal team the arrows were tipped by large cloth spheres filled with colored chalk dust so there could be no mistaking if an arrow hit or not.

I won't say way, but there's a cookie up for grabs with this post.

Unsure how she got roped into this game, the furry form of a cat-like Midori darted across the gym, dodging arrows left and right. She caught a whiff of chalk as an arrow burst right in front of her, and she sneezed, skidding to a stop to glance around at the opposing team and get her bearings. These chalk arrows stung but hurt much less than a training session at home.

An arrow strikes the tree near her and an opponent in the distance curses loudly. Time was running out and they weren't doing so well.


Male Firebird
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Pyrrhos Svarog wrote:
"Has your curiosity been sated or is there something else that interests you about me still?"
”what interests me is that despite my proverbial olive branch to you dear brother, you continue to respond with all the warmth of a cave wall. What has you on the defensive, one can’t help but wonder”

"A life growing up as the sole public heir in our society, causing a form of conditioning to avoid a faux pas, perhaps?"


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:


An arrow strikes the tree near her and an opponent in the distance curses loudly. Time was running out and they weren't doing so well.

Midori ciughed again as chalk blew past her sensitive face. She neede some way to press her advantages... not just to dodge but to stop them from shooting at her team...

Aha! She couldn't attack the other team but she could make them think she would. There would only be so many chances before the opposing team figured out her bluff though. It was risky and exactly the sort of thing that could get her killed if this wasn't a game. Hopefully the worst that would happen here is a bruise.

[I]Midori ran to the nearby tree and bared her claws, using them to dig into the bark and scamper up into the branches. She took a moment or two to find an ideal target before leaping out at them with a hiss and claws on display.


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
He looks giddy as he nods, running back to the library
Arthur walks up to Adon with a grin “grand news! I have received permission to aid you with your issue, it will likely take me some time, maybe a few hours, maybe a few days to get your device made, depending on how much work it will be to integrate, but from now I mostly need to get some readings off you, blood pressure, BMI, dimensions, Magnetic Reaonance if we can, the usual”

"... why do you need any of those things for a map."

adon's tone is cold and unamused, staring at Arthur with empty static eyes. He doesn't exactly seem annoyed or angry, just... drained.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

“Oh it’s not for the map, but for the interface, and well I suppose it’s just handy information. See a simple map doesn’t really work here, the place moves too much, we could make a map with the new access I have, but without the interface, the “map” would be incredibly convoluted. So I was planning on getting you a gauntlet that interfaces with your nervous system, hm maybe we should get you some stimulants too... or some sleep aids... hm


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"And through what method would it "interface"?"

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

“I’d have to do some study, but likely by reading your synaptic impulses to read your intent when interacting with the walls to generate the arrows. It might need to manually instruct the nanites to generate the arrows instead of the existing interface, depending on how fast I can unravel what that interface is”


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

"Or we could not have things interact with my nerves, or read my impulses. You could just make a small screen thar produces arrows to a location I request vocally."

78,201 to 78,250 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.