The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


78,251 to 78,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

“Sounds hella fragile, also a security risk if anyone found it, I’d rather fit something to you and your biometrics.... also the screen sounds boring”


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"How is a screen that duplicates something the school already does a security risk?"


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)
Vai Sunwake wrote:

Vai's immediate reaction is to jump backwards, her wings sprouting wide from her back before she realizes exactly what's going on...

"Freaking seriously?!" she mutters under her breath as she takes in the aura around the other student.

Once her heartrate steadied out a bit, Vai's wings fold back into herself and she walks over to Serrin, bending down next to her. A bit of hair trails down from Vai's bangs to hide one of her eyes. "Are you alright?"

Serrin can see Vai surrounded by a bright and beautiful Aura of Light.

Looking up at her, the young girl actually shies away slightly from Vai, and covers her eyes with arm. "Wow, you are really bright, it kinda hurts my eyes." She says in a plaintive voice.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

rambling wall of text:
“Because it isn’t? It’s a floating access key request, with authorization and a UI. I can design it to be preset to use to designate the object as a student and make a query to a location, bringing up the arrows. If it was something that could read your nervous system inputs continuously, it could even be used to get the school to react passively to keep you from having to walk as far on average given the whole moving hallways... or is it the rooms that move along a set hallway configuration....something to look into. Regardless, that method would let me just lock it as “consider the glove or gauntlet or whatever as though it were Adon” and then remove further programing access and have that maintain itself. The tablet version would require it to ping a programming access every time and if someone as smart as me, or at least 60% as smart as me and knew what to look for, got their hands on such an open command based interface as opposed to an intent based one they could mess with the system as much as I could if I wanted to.... minus the tricks I could pull with my own innate nanotechnology”


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7
Serrin Surya wrote:


Looking up at her, the young girl actually shies away slightly from Vai, and covers her eyes with arm. "Wow, you are really bright, it kinda hurts my eyes." She says in a plaintive voice.

There's an almost imperceptible moment where Vai's expression darkens, but it is quickly replaced by concern. "Sorry." Vai replies warmly, "But you should probably get used to seeing Auras. Just wait until you meet Enr..." Vai is cut off by a sudden lump forming in her throat and tears in eyes. She clears her throat and blinks away the tears, that one sweep of hair blocking one eye completely now. "Nevermind. How's your knee?"


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

"you... seem to overcomplicate things."


Female Firebird Oddball

heista is, dispite her circumstance, beaming as she walks down the hall, swaying and shifting to an unheard song in her head, occasionally brushing her hand on the wall to check if she's still going the right way. Soon enough, she knocks on lilly's door, tapping three times with a knuckle.


Female Firebird

Grumbling can be heard from behind the door, as well as the sound of movement. After a short time, the door opens.

Lily is looking considerably worse for wear. Her eyes are bloodshot, her hair has definitely not been brushed today, and she's wearing a simple dress rather than the overly complex outfits she tends to favour. The sneer she had prepped on her face softens ever so slightly upon seeing Hestia. Her voice is a touch on the gruff side as well. "Oh. Hestia. Good afternoon. What do you want?"

Lily absently begins straightening her hair as she talks, suddenly aware of the way she looks. She clears her throat as well.


Female Firebird Oddball

"Lucas was concerned for you. But he's werid, and he sent me. But as soon as he told me there was something to worry about, I got concerned myself. So I'm here, and want to see how you're doing. Also, if you want me to say nothing of this conversation to Lucas, I will gladly do so."
heista is smiling exitedly, eager to help and beaming. She's so happy it's almost painful to look at.
"though, in his typical fashion, he gave me minimal information as to what's actually going on."


Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:


An arrow strikes the tree near her and an opponent in the distance curses loudly. Time was running out and they weren't doing so well.

Midori ciughed again as chalk blew past her sensitive face. She neede some way to press her advantages... not just to dodge but to stop them from shooting at her team...

Aha! She couldn't attack the other team but she could make them think she would. There would only be so many chances before the opposing team figured out her bluff though. It was risky and exactly the sort of thing that could get her killed if this wasn't a game. Hopefully the worst that would happen here is a bruise.

Midori ran to the nearby tree and bared her claws, using them to dig into the bark and scamper up into the branches. She took a moment or two to find an ideal target before leaping out at them with a hiss and claws on display.

[i]The fellow student let out a yelp and fell back, dropping the bow as they scrambled to get away from the 'attacking' feline.


Female Firebird

Lily sighs and rubs her eyes. "I told Lucas to drop it. But you know how he gets..."

Lily looks away, down the hallway. She pauses for a little longer than comfortable, leaving the awkward silence hanging until: "It's hard to talk about. I don't... I don't want..." she shakes her head again and closes her eyes. Hestia can see tears dripping down.


Female Firebird Oddball

heista tilts her head, still smiling.
"I can help. At least, I can provide someone to talk to? Unless you don't want to. Then I can help by going away."


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
The fellow student let out a yelp and fell back, dropping the bow as they scrambled to get away from the 'attacking' feline.

Midori grinned inwardly for just a moment before realizing that her plan had been to land on him to help jump at her next target, Dacamara-senpai.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Midori lands expertly, clearly only aided by her feline body, and immediately coils into a spring and launches herself at Dacamara-senpai. However, lost in her haste, the bluff of her pounce is not very convincing as the claws are not bared as they were before, and her feline face is not contorted into a snarl. It almost looks adorable.


Female Firebird
Hestia Svarog wrote:

heista tilts her head, still smiling.

"I can help. At least, I can provide someone to talk to? Unless you don't want to. Then I can help by going away."

Lily's voice is pained when she speaks again. "Don't leave. I just..." there's another pause and she clears her throat again, trying to fight against the soreness in her jaw. "Sorry. I am being a bad host. Would you like to come inside?"


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

Heista nods and walks in.
"Glad to. And no need for formalities or anything. You don't meet to get bent up about hosting or whatnot. Just here to talk!"


Female Firebird
icehawk333 wrote:

Heista nods and walks in.

"Glad to. And no need for formalities or anything. You don't meet to get bent up about hosting or whatnot. Just here to talk!"

The inside of Lily's room is blessedly warm, though one half of the room is oddly sandy, with odd-looking furnishings. The side that is clearly Lily's has a rumpled and unmade bed, and the desk looks completely untouched. If Lily had homework, it's not getting done.

Lily moves to sit on the bed, looking pretty sorry, all things considered. "I'm an abomination, Hestia." she whispers, her voice slicing through the silence in the room.


Female Firebird Oddball

Heista chuckles softly.
"join the club. I've got green fire that doesn't burn things. So what's up with you? Honestly it seems every "noble" firebird has something really werid about them."
her smile clashes harshly with the silence and somber tone, all too exited to talk.


Female Firebird

"Not helping!" she snaps, then relents immediately. Lily grimaces, contrite for her outburst. "That is what the del Sol said as well. He said that this is the result of pure bloodlines... I find that hard to believe."

Lily's face hardens, as if something clicked. There's even a hint of a smile. "That must be it. Someone has done this to us. We ought to find out if there are any Noble Houses whose children seem exempt from this."


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

Heista sighs, her smile wavering just a bit. "I know it's hard to believe, but honestly, no bloodline seems exempt. The nyambis have weirdos, the del sols have weirdos, we have weirdos... the only one I haven't noticed anything distinctly un-fire like is the phoebus family, but... well, igni may be a "paragon" of our race, but he seems unstable mentally instead. And I haven't got anything notable about mythros, but considering how most of the families went to ubsurd ends to try and hide us little weirdos away, I really think that no. None of us were exempt. We were just the generation finally picked to pay for our forebears decisions." her beaming smile returns. "but hay! And least the debt has stopped building, and honestly, with everyone being so odd, truly, what could be so horrible we wouldn't realize that we're all just a bunch of oddballs? Regardless of what oddity you've developed, I'll still accept you."


Female Firebird

Lily... actually looks much better now. Her eyes are brighter, the ugly blotches on her cheeks from crying are starting to fade, and she's smiling. She even stands. "Thank you Hestia, I'm glad for your acceptance. And you have mine as well. I am to meet with a Professor here on monday to see if they can tell me more about my ability."

She then does something that Hestia hasn't ever experienced before... Lily walks over to her and gives her a hug. "Thanks for cheering me up. You can tell Lucas I'm doing alright and I'll probably talk to him soon."


M Extrodinaraly Contrary Meatbag Fourm pyromancer 1

heista gladly hugs back, honestly not sure if she should be off it by the mood swing or just assume she did good. She decides to assume she did good.
"So... what do you do?"


Male Firebird

What a bad time to remember I don't have any such mutations or maladies. ^_^


Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
The fellow student let out a yelp and fell back, dropping the bow as they scrambled to get away from the 'attacking' feline.

Midori grinned inwardly for just a moment before realizing that her plan had been to land on him to help jump at her next target, Dacamara-senpai.

Acrobatics: 1d20+13
Bluff: 1d20+9

Midori lands expertly, clearly only aided by her feline body, and immediately coils into a spring and launches herself at Dacamara-senpai. However, lost in her haste, the bluff of her pounce is not very convincing as the claws are not bared as they were before, and her feline face is not contorted into a snarl. It almost looks adorable.

A few others nearby laugh at the retreating archer, but Anthony seems suspiciously absent of the group. On the other hand, this[/i[ is[i] a forest after all, and he grew up in one....


Female Firebird
icehawk333 wrote:

heista gladly hugs back, honestly not sure if she should be off it by the mood swing or just assume she did good. She decides to assume she did good.

"So... what do you do?"

Lily shakes her head as she releases her cousin. "Honestly I am not really sure. I apparently projected my consciousness into another creature somehow, this is how I discovered it in the first place. I have a meeting with Professor Nix on Monday morning to learn of what I might be capable."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Adon Derro wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"you... seem to overcomplicate things."

arthur pauses at this “...maybe so, but I’m wanting the best possible result”


Female Firebird Oddball
Lily Svarog wrote:
icehawk333 wrote:

heista gladly hugs back, honestly not sure if she should be off it by the mood swing or just assume she did good. She decides to assume she did good.

"So... what do you do?"
Lily shakes her head as she releases her cousin. "Honestly I am not really sure. I apparently projected my consciousness into another creature somehow, this is how I discovered it in the first place. I have a meeting with Professor Nix on Monday morning to learn of what I might be capable."

heista beams, smiling exitedly again. "that actually sounds real neat! Hope it turns out to be really useable, without any big downsides or anything. Seems like it could be really cool if it works out!"


Female Firebird
Hestia Svarog wrote:
heista beams, smiling exitedly again. "that actually sounds real neat! Hope it turns out to be really useable, without any big downsides or anything. Seems like it could be really cool if it works out!"

While Hestia's relentless optimism could grate at times, this was not one of them, and Lily returned the beaming smile with a polite one of her own. "Indeed. I suppose we can be practical about this can't we? It certainly could be useful. And I wonder at your green fire... I suspect any records of such things would not exist, but perhaps there might be some way to discover more..."

Lily tapped a finger on her mouth in idle thought. "May I see your fire?"


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
A few others nearby laugh at the retreating archer, but Anthony seems suspiciously absent of the group. On the other hand, this is a forest after all, and he grew up in one....

Midori would've blushed in embarassment if she was not currently a cat, her feigned attacks no likely no longer effective, Midori once again returned to evasion. Climbing a tree again would leave her predictable and open to attack, so instead she decided to make for a small patch of undergrowth nearby. The hope was that the brush would disrupt the arrows enough to burst before they made contact with her.


Female Firebird Oddball

heista shifts into her firebird form and spreads her wings, her fire an unusual dull green, barely as bright as a candle.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Pyrrhos Svarog wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Pyrrhos Svarog wrote:
"Has your curiosity been sated or is there something else that interests you about me still?"
”what interests me is that despite my proverbial olive branch to you dear brother, you continue to respond with all the warmth of a cave wall. What has you on the defensive, one can’t help but wonder”
"A life growing up as the sole public heir in our society, causing a form of conditioning to avoid a faux pas, perhaps?"

Lucas looks stricken "you!" He cuts himself off and punches the bridge of his nose "you have a point.... what can I do to help mend this wound brother."


Male Firebird

"That would imply there is a wound to fix. You wish to become, what, friends? Pick a time and place and we can -what's that commoner phrase?- 'hang out' there. No doubt we'll have homework by then."

Dark Archive

Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
A few others nearby laugh at the retreating archer, but Anthony seems suspiciously absent of the group. On the other hand, this is a forest after all, and he grew up in one....
Midori would've blushed in embarassment if she was not currently a cat, her feigned attacks no likely no longer effective, Midori once again returned to evasion. Climbing a tree again would leave her predictable and open to attack, so instead she decided to make for a small patch of undergrowth nearby. The hope was that the brush would disrupt the arrows enough to burst before they made contact with her.

An arrow streaked by her and struck a tree ahead, bouncing off harmlessly but leaving a small cloud of chalk in the air.

"Here, Kitty kitty kitty!" Anthony's calls out from the direction the arrow came,


Archena Surya wrote:

Archena chuckles a little bit. "Yeah, that never really stopped me."

She holds up a few of her fingers to her glass supplies. "I was gonna do some sculpting, but I think I wanna try doing my nails with this. Can't be too hard, right?"

Taika Niyambi wrote:
"I can't imagine it is, no. It's just brushing paint on to something after all."

[i]Brushing paint proved to be much more difficult than Taika initially thought, which didn't make sense and frustrated her. She carved with oiled tools and slipped up less often than this! She'd lost track of the times she'd had to burn off a coat off.[i]

"I do not think I'm suited to this kind of thing at all...."


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen moves over to the control console and tries to discern how to shut it off..

He hasn't attacked anyone, so he should still be invisible...

The last few commands are visible on the screen, and it appear that someone has already engaged a failsafe that prevents the machine from being shut down barring actually smashing it. Which would kill Ehos, and most likely everyone else here because the compulsion that makes him sing would not wear off fast enough to prevent massive sonic damage to the room and everyone in it.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)
narrator wrote:

No full attack this turn because surprise round

The first guard falls flat on his face, dragging Tyrrin to the ground along with him. She groans as she hits the ground, starting to come to.

How does the 2nd guard react to his buddy falling, and Ty beginning to come around?


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Seeing one of the guards holding Tyrrin fall to the floor, Fei presumes that both Casilkasheyith and Ghalen are now in the chamber.

With Jaiye waiting on him to win through the barrier, the young monk unclenches the fist he slammed against the magical wall. Splaying his hand out, he absorbs its remaining energies to take it down.

Apologies for posting out of turn. I know this will technically occur after Ghalen finishes his actions, but I will be on the road for the weekend and do not wish to cause delays by my absence. (^-^)

The barrier flickers and disappears as Fei absorbs the energies.

Meanwhile, the second guard stumbled as Tyrrin fell from his grip, but he rights himself and draws his blade, holding it against Tyrrin's throat. "That's enough!" he growled.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Arthur Barren wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
"you... seem to overcomplicate things."
arthur pauses at this “...maybe so, but I’m wanting the best possible result”

"I... look, I appreciate the help, but I prefer simplicity when it's an option. All I really need is something to replicate the effects of the school's navigation functionality."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"yes well... I still think the gauntlet is the best option for that"


Female Firebird
Hestia Svarog wrote:
heista shifts into her firebird form and spreads her wings, her fire an unusual dull green, barely as bright as a candle.

Lily sneers slightly, a natural reaction for her. She quickly manages to marshall her expression to a mostly neutral position with a touch of inqusitiveness.

"Interesting," she intones, a slight quiver in her voice. "and you can't burn anything? That seems difficult to eat properly."


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Anthony Dacamara wrote:


An arrow streaked by her and struck a tree ahead, bouncing off harmlessly but leaving a small cloud of chalk in the air.

"Here, Kitty kitty kitty!" Anthony's calls out from the direction the arrow came,

Midori quickly puffs a breath out from her nose to prevent herself from breathing in any of the chalk. Dacamara-senpai was clearly one of the best archers on the other team, and she just had to survive a little longer. She glances around to see how many of her team were still left. If she could keep his attention long enough for her teammates to survive, they could win!

Midori meows loudly back at her attacker, and charges out of cover towards the tree he last fired from and climbs in a spiral pattern, trying to use the trunk itself as cover. She just had to get close to make it hard to aim.


Female Firebird Oddball
Lily Svarog wrote:
Hestia Svarog wrote:
heista shifts into her firebird form and spreads her wings, her fire an unusual dull green, barely as bright as a candle.

Lily sneers slightly, a natural reaction for her. She quickly manages to marshall her expression to a mostly neutral position with a touch of inqusitiveness.

"Interesting," she intones, a slight quiver in her voice. "and you can't burn anything? That seems difficult to eat properly."

hiesta's voice is, as usual, chipper, even over telepathy. >>eh, a little challanging, but there are lots of ways to make fire without magic.<<


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Noting that the barrier is now down, and Jaiye was chomping at the bit to strike, Ace grins at the guard holding Ty.

"You're about to have a really bad day. I would strongly suggest laying down your weapon." Spending a Moment of Inspiration to add my Factotum level on my Intimidate check. 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40 Intimidate


"Ace" wrote:

Noting that the barrier is now down, and Jaiye was chomping at the bit to strike, Ace grins at the guard holding Ty.

"You're about to have a really bad day. I would strongly suggest laying down your weapon." Spending a Moment of Inspiration to add my Factotum level on my Intimidate check. 1d20+30 Intimidate

Aargh! I swear I replied to this! But this does explain why there was no reply to my apparently nonexistent reply.... :P

The guard looked panicked as he glanced around at all the foes around him, but gripped Tyrrin tighter and started slowly backing towards the machine. "You're just going to kill me anyways," he squeaked, fear driving his voice up a couple of octaves. He's shaking and that represents a real danger to Tyrrin as his knife hand is not steady and the blade is pressed against her throat.


The chancellor shrieked, pulling himself to his feet. "STOP, YOU FOOLS!" he screamed, trying to make himself heard over the din going on in his ears.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace unleashes the full force of his personality at the guard, concentrated into a single, powerful word. "Drop! He commands

Casting the above spell, DC 20


Female Firebird
Hestia Svarog wrote:


hiesta's voice is, as usual, chipper, even over telepathy. >>eh, a little challanging, but there are lots of ways to make fire without magic.<<

"I suppose so..." Lily replies in asn even tone, leaning in a little closer to examine Hestia's plumage carefully. "Would it be alright if I took a feather? I'd like to have a reference if I am going to do some research."

Dark Archive

Midori Tsuyomi wrote:
Anthony Dacamara wrote:


An arrow streaked by her and struck a tree ahead, bouncing off harmlessly but leaving a small cloud of chalk in the air.

"Here, Kitty kitty kitty!" Anthony's calls out from the direction the arrow came,

Midori quickly puffs a breath out from her nose to prevent herself from breathing in any of the chalk. Dacamara-senpai was clearly one of the best archers on the other team, and she just had to survive a little longer. She glances around to see how many of her team were still left. If she could keep his attention long enough for her teammates to survive, they could win!

Midori meows loudly back at her attacker, and charges out of cover towards the tree he last fired from and climbs in a spiral pattern, trying to use the trunk itself as cover. She just had to get close to make it hard to aim.

"Oh rot." Anthony swore as he saw the feline coming up the try after him. He pushed away from the trunk and and ran along a branch briefly before jumping, barely making it to another tree and dropping down hurriedly.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen moves over to the Chancellor, and becomes visible with his sword drawn, an anger bordering on madness in his eyes.

"You will fix this, or you will die."

1d20 + 37 ⇒ (3) + 37 = 40 Intimidate


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

This will occur immediately after Jaiye acts for this round.

Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen moves over to the Chancellor, and becomes visible with his sword drawn, an anger bordering on madness in his eyes.

"You will fix this, or you will die."

With no outward sign of action, Fei commands the nanites in the Chancellor's ears to dial back their noise levels to a (just) manageable level so he can respond to Ghalen intelligibly.


Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen moves over to the Chancellor, and becomes visible with his sword drawn, an anger bordering on madness in his eyes.

"You will fix this, or you will die."

1d20+37 Intimidate

"Fix it?!" The Chancellor laughs hysterically. "You fools! That's exactly what I am doing! I am fixing things! Fa'elwiir, take your knife away from Lady Tyrrin's throat at once! We need her for the machine to function optimally!" he snapped to the overly nervous guard. "Do you think you scare me, you band of ruffians?!" he shrieked, returning his attention to Ghalen and sweeping his eyes over the rest dismissively. "Our entire planet is facing certain destruction! Think bigger, you nitwits!"

78,251 to 78,300 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | 1562 | 1563 | 1564 | 1565 | 1566 | 1567 | 1568 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.