Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,850 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle votes for the simple plan of just saying the died of contagion or age.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Well, then. Let's take our chances with the most straightforward explanation - we are taking two bodies to be cremated outside the city."

They had tarried enough, and Talvek is eager to get going. As much as he cares for Rexus, this operation is putting the rebellion at risk, and the sooner they are done with it, the better.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella reviewed what she knew about the likely response of the dottari to the bodies being transported across the Bleakbridge.

Knowledge Local, taking 10: 10 + 5 = 15

Unless she there's an obvious problem, she will agree to telling the dottari that we are taking bodies outside the city.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius asks, "Any fear the Dottari will recognize these corpses?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

None of you can think of any reason the dottari are going to ask too many questions. Many bodies are collected most evenings. Much of the dirty work not done by dottari themselves but outsourced to 'cleaning' crews or temple volunteers (or conscripts). Usually cremations are done in the main temples, especially of those favored by Thrune.

***

The driver urges the cart draft horse forward with the cargo.

Giddy up, Prancer! the horse's slow and clomping pace makes you wonder how the horse ever earned such a moniker.

Eventually you reach the south checkpoint of the Bleakbridge. The dottari squads seem to be double the normal, dealing with those resisting or arguing about the toll hike.

Next! You there, wagons are double also. 5 coppers a head, and a full silver crown for the horse and cart.
Keep moving ahead or go home people. Lines are forming.
All right, now state your business.

The guard sergeant motions to the driver, who shrugs and points to Lubella and Fhingle.

I am just the driver. Talk to my management.

Assuming you are all together with the wagon unless any state they want to be elsewhere or hiding. You're up!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella suggested to her comrades, "We might want to travel in two separate groups, so they don't see us all walking together every time."

She observed the action on the bridge for a moment, before whispering for the others to move forward. She walked a little more slowly than usual, affecting a slight limp; her posture was vaguely bent over to suggest a degree of infirmity. She addressed the guard respectfully, "Transporting two bodies out of the city, sir." She felt that a minimal explanation was best, not offering up more detail than required.

Diplomacy (aiding Fhingle): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Sense Motive (judging the guards' reaction): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius shrugs, "Was planning to change race before the checkpoint, but I suppose we could break into groups... As long as none of us travel alone."

Now

Sidius, the elf(Alter Self), approaches the checkpoint on foot, trying to pay no attention to the wagon behind him, grumbling about the toll hike, "Five coppers? Are we going to be guilding the blasted bridges?", but pulling the coins out of his pouch as he approaches the dottari. "Highway robbery," he mutters under his breath as he hands over the coins, then prepares to walk forward, trying to find a place he can observe the wagon's crossing the checkpoint without being too conspicuous.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Diplomacy+Aid+Enhanced diplomacy+Successful Shirker: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 35

Fhingle will cloak himself in magic first to augment his speech, "As my friend here said we are taking these bodies north to be cremated, my master has decreed it since they are no longer of use to him." Fhingle will have stowed most of his gear in the way putting a rather shabby tattered cloak over his breast plate. "My Master sent the money as well to pay." Fhingle will pull out the coins


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos, looking ever like a bookish scribe in service to a noble or merchant chimes in, "Indeed, what these two say is true. Our master needs these bodies to be cremated."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek tags along with Sidius as the other three take care of the business with the wagon. He keeps his eyes down and doesn't protest the toll, not wishing to give anyone the slightest pretext for some... over-enthusiastic exercise of authority.

He fidgets a little as the two halflings and Arcos are questioned, and has to stop from looking over his shoulder as Lubella and Fhingle speak, sounding entirely like beaten-down, obedient halfling slaves.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The dottari poke at the wagon with disgust and with Fhingles explanation and supporting cast, they relax after collecting the coins.

”Finally someone that understands how this toll bridge works. If only the others would do their part and work with the city authorities. Move along. Next!“

They seem convinced and wave you through.

The wagon creaks across the bridge and the horse plods forward. Once across and past the north checkpoint and a block away, Walton turns.

”That was a thing of beauty. Now where to? “


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella relaxed a bit once they where over the bridge. She replied to the driver, "We're going out the Nightways Gate. Don't worry, we're not going all the way to Nidal!"

She told her friends, "We're going right by the Newt Market, if you want to pick up anything."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"I think I have what I need right now, maybe I will get some newer paints another day but lets finish this for your friend first then go home?" Fhingle says eyeing the streets warily


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The driver nods and urges Prancer forward through the northern city and university and market districts. Unless he is asked to stop, he continues to the Night Road and the dottari posted there pay little attention on those departing but focus on stopping entry into the old gate.

The wagon and crew continue on until the grove identified by Aldren and Rexus earlier.

”I guess this here is the spot. Now what? I ain’t gonna hang out here until dark.“


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius offers, "What would it cost to buy the rest of your afternoon?
It might be useful to have access to the wagon for a while longer... Just in case. "


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella, keeping up her pretense of having a bad knee, rode on the wagon for a while. She got off and walked through the Nightways Gate, and then rode the rest of the way to the meeting spot.

Once they reached their destination, she dismounted and said, "OK, let's get the bodies unloaded. Excuse me for a minute."

She walked a short distance from the wagon, and went behind behind a copse of trees, as if to heed a call of nature. Once out of sight of the driver, she took out a scrap of paper, and wrote a short message on it: "Bodies retrieved, at the meeting spot."

She instructed the metal bird to carry the message to the window of Laria's bedroom, on the upper floor of the Long Roads Coffee House. Off flew the silver messenger, winging it's way back towards the city.

After dispatching the message, Lubella relieved herself (she really did have to go), and then returned to the others.

Using her Silver Raven Figurine to send a message to Laria, as per the Animal Messenger spell.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius shrugs, "Or not, apparently.", and starts to help unload the corpses, as directed.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"It will making getting back into the city easier if we have the wagon I would think." Fhingle agrees with Sidius while helping to unload the bodies.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

As the afternoon sun starts to set, the silver raven wings back to the city and the Longroads coffee house.

At this point you are about an hour from the city by foot or wagon. I may have not conveyed this clearly but the cremation was originally planned for tomorrow so I was not sure if the plan was to stay here overnight or see if Aldren and Rexus and any others will travel or meet in the morning. The response to the message will depend on the decision .


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek whispers to the others. "It might be best to let the driver go. Less witnesses, and we're not that far from the city."

He is slightly concerned about how long some of their disguises might last.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
cleric 3 | AC 16 T 10 FF 17 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +1 W +7| Init +1 | Perc +11 {3/5 channels 2d6, copycat 2/7 }

After a quarter hour, a silver raven flies into your midst and lands with its own message. You recognize this as Aldren's specific figurine.

[i]Rexus, Laria and I are on the way with a few of Rexus's closest friends and associates. We should be there within the hour.[/b]

The driver is more than happy to head back immediately after being paid.

***

Assuming no other activities...

After about an hour, the group with Rexus and Aldren approach on foot, totaling about ten altogether.

Aldren calls out and swaps figurines with Lubella.

Thank you for sending the message, I had a few more preparations to ready for the proper cremation and ceremony. Rexus had some personal notes for the eulogy as well.

Rexus nods, obviously deep in thought, but also physically winded as this much exertion was a toll on his body.

Laria waves to the group and approaches the two halflings.

This has been long over due, and this means so much to Rexus. Thank you for all you have done to help him.

Aldren asks for help with the bodies and positions them in a clearing amid some trees and stones outcroppings.

Could some of you help with the collecting of wood for the pyre?

Once the pyre is assembled and the remains are put into place, Aldren begins a simple blessing honoring the parents.

Dearly beloved, we are gather here this evening to honor the parents of our friend Rexus. They had been missing and presumed dead since House Thrune viciously attacked Kintargo during the Night of Ashes and burned poor Rexus's family's estate in The Greens in 4715 AR. As most of you know, our friend Rexux was their only child and after witnessing the aftermath of the attack, he went into hiding in Kintargo. Until now, and to honor his parents and the memory of the movement against the Thrunes they started. We are here to send them off but also to pass the baton to those willing to stand up to the injustices this city has faced. May they embrace in the afterlife and smile down upon their son and that peace may return to this city.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Rexus appears deeply moved by the ceremony and support. He wipes his eyes and thanks Aldren and prepares to give a eulogy of his own.

Thank you all for coming. It is wonderful to have good friends in times like these.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella read the return message and told the others, "They're on their way." She paid the driver for his services, and bid him goodbye.

She checked out the area, making a mental inventory of the available fuel for the ceremony. Then she sat down for lunch, because one couldn't properly pay one's respects to the dead on an empty stomach! As she ate, she prepared some remarks for the occasion.

Once the rest of the funeral party arrived, she helped gather wood, and made some other last-minute preparations.

She listened attentively to Aldren's introduction, letting him take the lead on this funeral ceremony. She nodded in approval to his words, thinking about the struggles to come. How many more funerals will there be in the coming year?"

She replied to Rexus, "I'm honored to be here. We all need to support each other in trying times."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Rexus bows in gratitude and clears his throat.

I really am at a loss to thank you each for being here. I could not have persisted without your help. Especially to my new friends who have taken the mantel of the prior Silver Ravens and from their ashes rescued me and my parents from the Night of Ashes and have likewise revived the movement started by those original heroes.

He wipes his tears and suppresses a cough.

From my research of the documents recovered, I have learned the names of some of those original Silver Ravens, many who were adventurers or worshipers of Milani. They established the Ravens back in 4606 ar in the wake of the chaos that swept over Cheliax after Aroden’s death to help protect the city of Kintargo from oppression. Much like we see today.

Another sniffle...

Jackdaw, a swashbuckler, was the most powerful and influential of them all, but others who rose to particular prominence among the Silver Ravens were Amyreid another cleric of Milani, Ba a halfling enchanter, Kyda a bardess, and Brakisi a ranger.

He finishes as the pyre consumes the corpses of his parents.

So that my parent's deaths may not have been in vain, I know that you 'new' Silver Ravens have the support of many...many in the city not here tonight, that are willing to stand up to the tyrant Thrune and his henchmen.
We can only hope you can finish what the originals could not. But regardless, I personally... and in fact all good citizens of Kintargo, are forever in your debt for what you have already done to lead the way back out of these 'trying times'. Thank you all.

He looks at each of you, as he is unable to finish, but although words are unspoken, Rexus speaks volumes from his expression. He steps down and looks to the pyre as it burns.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek stands in silence as the others say their words. He hadn't been with them from the beginning, so he feels that it's not his place to speak, but he clasps a comforting hands on Rexus's shoulder as the man finishes his speech. It may not have been the usual type of ceremony, but entwining historical events both old and new into the eulogies seems very fitting to the tiefling. For he is certain that they live in a time of which there will be written books later, and he is determined that the renewed Silver Ravens will be more than a footnote in those books.

"Jackdaw". He rolls the name around in his mind, tasting it. Certainly sounds better than "Red", and it would send a strong signal if they started calling themselves by the names of the original Silver Ravens.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella embraced Rexus, and then addressed the assembled mourners, "I wish that I had the chance to meet Aneran and Porcia Victocora in life. I can say that my experience knowing their son, Rexus, confirms to me that they did an excellent job as parents. I beseech my goddess, Sarenrae, to help them find peace and contentment in the afterlife."

Once everyone who wished to speak had made their remarks, the halfling songstress led those present, in the singing of a traditional Sarenrite funeral hymm, the same one that she had previously sung at Nan Comerivos' service.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

”My mother Porcia especially believed in the Archivists and the mission of the original Silver Ravens. To this life she dedicated herself and all her energy. Even to the point of sacrificing her life for this cause. They were wonderful parents and while I might not have been the ideal son to them, I would like to carry on with their work. “


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle not knowing Rexus really at all or his parents stays silent during the Eulogies and other conversations about his family.

"Lubella, what are we going to do about Thrune? Do you plan to try to take them head on?" Fhingle asks as he eats his own lunch.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella sat down beside Fhingle and replied, "It will be quite a while yet before we're ready to challenge Barzillai Thrune directly. We need to prepare carefully, building up our strength, and weakening his position."

She had devoted considerable thought to the matter, and outlined her general thinking in more detail.

"Our first objective is to build our support within Kintargo. I want to provide social services to the poor, starting in the Devil's Nursery. We gained a lot of goodwill there, when we stopped the killings by a gang of evil fey called 'tooth fairies'. I'm thinking the next step is to start making house calls to sick residents; our contact Zea should be able to help us out there.

"We should try to make contact with the members of the Order of the Torrent — they could prove valuable allies. We'll also need to boost our support among the merchants, tradespeople, and nobles where possible.

"Sometime soon, we're going to need a new headquarters, on the other side of the river. The Wasp's Nest is too small, not secure enough, and we have to cross the bridge way too much.

"After we've built up our support inside Kintargo, we need to make some regional allies in Ravounel. We want to block the Menador Gap, so our rebellion won't just be crushed by a relief army from the rest of Chelliax. We'll also need to figure out how to defend against the Chellish navy

"Once we've done all that, only then will we be ready to directly assault Thrune, and the Temple of Asmodeus."


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius watches solemnly, his head down, I've probably learned more about the Ravens in the last fifteen minutes than I did in fifteen months over my own... It's almost as if they're passing the torch to us, here, if not explicitly..

He follows Fhingle and Lubella, listening to the Plan, then nods, "That's definitely a logical approach, a rebellion is nothing without the the support of the people it's fighting for... And that means we need to show the people that they can and should come to us... That, and allies, is how we grow stronger... and, better still if we can whittle down the support, supplies and strength of His Lord-Mayorship while we do it.. Bleed them down before we strike directly."

He says, "I'm sure you have plans already in motion, but I think we'd be wise to take advantage of the opportunity the new decree has made and talk to the Torrents... Exploiting my cousin's mistakes isn't just good tactics, it's also satisfying."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

After the ceremony, Laria approaches Lubella and Fhingle.

I was glad you were able to arrange this for poor Rexus. It brings closure to him finally. Speaking of closure, I was closing the coffee shop to travel here and some delivery guy handed me this. She digs out a folded note and hands it to Lubella.

Note:

Representatives of the Silver Ravens,
I am a big fan of the work you have been doing in the city. Normally I do not try to get involved with city politics, but circumstances have changed and I request you to pay a visit to my tavern in Old Kintargo, the Tooth and Nail. I have a topic of mutual benefit I believe, if you are willing to listen.
Sincerely,
Setrona Sabinus

Laria looks at you with a nod, as if she suspects what type of note it is.

I am sure you will do the right thing. But for tonight, we best get back to the Longroads before the roads...and shadows...grow even longer.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek reads the note over Lubella's shoulder, frowning.

"It is rather concerning that whoever this is knew where to find us. As you say, it's time for us to find another place for our headquarters. This may be a trap."

Knowledge local on Setrona Sabinus and/or Tooth and Nail: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 12 + (1) = 19


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella read the note twice, before commenting, "It's possible that it's a trap, but I think its worth pursuing. We should go in disguise, of course. We wouldn't have to all reveal ourselves; some could watch the exterior for dottari. I'd like to hear what Setrona Sabinus has to say."

She gathered up her things, and prepared to depart.

Is there time for us to get back before curfew?


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"I agree with Talvek. I suppose it could be one of two things. An enemy has breached our security, or a potential ally has asked exactly the right questions."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

While eating Lunch

"That is a lot to plan around, my former master was a Thrune supporter so I have been around them for a while but ever intereacted with them." Fhingle says taking a bite "What about boats for crossing the river? I agree that your base could use a touch up or two and that if you get any more people in there it will be found out quickly."

Fhingle eats for a few moments.

"So there is lots to this over all, I am in this for the long run so you can count on me to help out where needed."

Post Note

"Sounds like we have more supporters. Do we know who this gentlemen is?" Fhingle looks around


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Your group disbands from the funeral, Laria pulling Rexus away at the last. It is time, Rexus. You must leave them and be your own person.

The trip back is uneventful and you reach the Longroads before curfew. Even the dottari do not question you much, as they seem tired from wor
king double shifts enforcing all the new proclamations.

Sidius overhears a hushed whisper as the gates closed behind you.

One guard to another. Pssst...I hear Thrune’s been using the Holding House as temporary jail, but there’s more to it than that.
I hear they’ve got some sort of fiend in there too—something that’s been working to extract intelligence and more from the prisoners!”

Unless there are any activities, the night will pass uneventfully. We will still have the rebellion business to conduct tomorrow as well. Officers, teams etc.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella walked with Rexus and shared her experience with grief, "The pain will lessen with time. I lost my father when I was 14; at first it felt like my world had ended, but gradually it started to hurt a little less. I was sad and angry for quite a while, and I probably gave my mother a hard time in my teenage years. But my anger faded, and I started to get along better with her.

"It helps me to remember the good times with my dad. He used to carry me on his shoulders when I was little; I felt like I was on top of the world!

"It's been a while since I've seen my mom, though. I was transferred to the temple in Korvosa last year, and she's back in Katapesh. After all this is over, I need to go back and catch up with her."

She fell silent for a while, wondering how her mother was doing right now.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius nods respectfully at Rexus, somewhat awkwardly, I don't know the man well and feel like an intruder on his grief... and I certainly don't have the familial bonds and experience he does.. or almost anyone else, for that matter... Even when Alba died, I had my anger at Durana complicating, tainting my grief and loss...

...

Sidius blinks as he hears the whisper, fighting the urge to pivot his head and look at who said it, and instead acting naturally as the group continues to walk forward. He waits a few minutes before casually looking around, leaning into the group and saying, "So, uh, one more thing to add to our to-do list..I overheard the gate guards talking... Seems His Lordliness is using the Holding House as a temporary prison... and that he's got a fiend acting as an interrogator to get all that he can out of the prisoners."


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"That is interesting, I wonder if they have anyone who is important in there right now?" Fhingle muses, "SO are we going to meet Setrona Sabinus first or the Holding house?"

so I have done this part, I know what is going on for the next little bit so I won't be a leader till we are past where I was at before ok?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella replied to Fhingle, "I think we should pay a visit to the Tooth and Nail, and talk to Setrona. As for the Holding House, we have to be careful. There's lot of places we could go charging into, most of which would end badly for us.

"If we do need to spring an important prisoner in the future, we should try to learn about the dottari's procedure's first. Maybe forge a prisoner transfer order, and ambush the escort en-route."


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek nods at Lubella's words. "I agree. The last couple of times we executed a direct assault... well, we succeeded, but in hindsight it was very risky and things could have easily gone very badly for us. If we are to revive the Silver Ravens, and I for one am committed to that, then a lot hangs upon our shoulders and we can no longer go gung-ho on objectives. We have to be careful, and subtle, and plan a lot."

He gives the devotee of the Dawnflower a questioning look. "So now that 'Shorty' is no longer usable, thoughts on a new code name?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella thought for a moment, "Well, we could go with the names of the original Silver Ravens — I could be Kyda."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thanks Fhingle. Let me know when we are caught up to where you left off..

During the evening hours, Talvek and Fhingle recall a bit of history as they know Setrona Sabinus is a fixture of Old Kintargo—a woman of small stature with a larger-than-life personality in the old Kintargan neighborhood.

She is the proprietor of one of Old Kintargo’s oldest taverns, the Tooth and Nail, Setrona knows and is known by a diverse array of citizens, and her reputation as something of an upstart and a critic of the government is well established.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thanks Fhingle. Let me know when we are caught up to where you left off..

During the evening hours, Talvek and Fhingle recall a bit of history as they know Setrona Sabinus is a fixture of Old Kintargo—a woman of small stature with a larger-than-life personality in the old Kintargan neighborhood.

She is the proprietor of one of Old Kintargo’s oldest taverns, the Tooth and Nail, Setrona knows and is known by a diverse array of citizens, and her reputation as something of an upstart and a critic of the government is well established.


cleric 3 | AC 16 T 10 FF 17 | HP 19/19 | F +3 R +1 W +7| Init +1 | Perc +11 {3/5 channels 2d6, copycat 2/7 }

Aldren heads down to the Wasp Nest to continue work on the Shrine before heading to bed.

Good night and good luck tomorrow. I will be keeping a low profile here for the next week or so, as my Lady demands more of my time.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella listened to Talvek and Fhingle's description of Ms. Sabinus, before commenting, "If the note comes from Setrona herself, it sounds like talking to her is safe enough. We need to be reaching out to people like her in any case. There's always the possibility that the note was sent by someone else, to lure us into a trap, but I think it's worth the risk. With proper preparation and awareness, we should be able to fight our way out, if need be.

"I suggest heading over to the Tooth and Nail tomorrow mid-morning, when it's not likely to be busy."

After discussing things for a while longer, she bid the others goodnight, and headed for bed.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"Ba suits me just fine." Fhingle says after talking about what he knows. "Yes it is late and being out mid day might be better since the Dottri won't be quite as brazen I believe." Fhingle goes to find a corner for himself to sleep in as well.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius sighs, "I'm thinking a fiend that can extract information might need to be a little higher on the priority list than 'someday, if we need a prisoner' - if only to protect ourselves if someone we know gets captured. Not saying we should drop everything, but I think it's probably worth digging into the rumour.. and starting those plans."

He takes sip of his tea, feeling the warmth flow through him, before continuing, "As for the Tooth and Nail, I'd say it might be worth scouting ahead and watching the place for an hour or two before making first contact... I'm of two minds of how we should go in, in case it's a trap. One of us, especially acting as a messenger, would attract less attention... but all of us would have a better chance of fighting our way out, as you suggest. Something we can all sleep on and see how we feel in the morning."

He finishes his tea, and begins to rinse out his cup before heading to sleep, thinking on the original code names. When he finishes, he rubs the tiny dinosaur's head, watching its eyes close with a smile, "So, Caduceus, what name should I choose? I'm not exactly following the same path as any of the original Ravens... I mean, yes, I am a healer, but I don't really see myself as an Amyreid... which, really, leaves Brakisi..." He chuckles as a feeling of warmth comes through his bond, and says, "I like the sound of it too, to be honest. I guess we'll need to tell the others in the morning."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The night passes uneventfully in the Wasp Nest and Longroads.

***

The next morning, the smell of fresh coffee and rolls once again wakes even the hardest sleepers. The beginning of the week also leads to the status reports of the various teams and volunteers working on the rebellion.

Aldren handles most of the reports from the teams.

We are overdue for updates to our command structure. We also need to make team assignments for the week.
Perhaps Arcos could lend me a hand sorting out these issues while the four of you go check out the Tooth and Nail lead.

unless there are morning activities, I will assume the 4 move to cross the bridge and towards the Tooth and Nail...with whatever preparations and recon you desire.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek puts more care than usual into his morning grooming routine, and as a result is a little late to breakfast. He doesn't stop to sit down properly, instead snatching a couple of rolls and stashing them away for later as he chews on a third.

"I can go ahead and scout that tavern for a couple of hours from the outside, see what I can make of it. Aldren, I'll leave the team assignments to you."

He winks at the half-elf as he draws his rapier and whips it through the air, its tip drawing a "J", then strikes a pose. "What do you think? Jackdaw the Dashing or what? Eh? Eh?" He winks again, then turns on one heel, ready to head out into the city.

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,850 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.