Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,653 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek gets out of dodge while Sidius invisibly casts a spell to change shape.

Lubella tries to concentrate as a hellknight breathes down on her, ready to strike and she falters.

The dottari watch as the party tries to make a rapid escape.

Oh no you don't! Get back here, all of you!

All four of the dottari double time to move up to Talvek, Lubella and close the gap on the escapees.

Arcos circles around the building.

Time for a bit of Warlock Smoke to throw off the pursuit!

He conjures up a cloud of dense smoke on some of the foes

spellcraft DC17:
Silent Image

Init wrote:

=== round 5 ===

Arcos(), Fhingle(-18 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
=== round 6 ===
Lubella (-2 XR),Talvek (-29 aid, hero), Armiger(-9), Sidius(+10, altered, invis)
Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl)


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Lubella approved of the Blue Warlock's use of his spell. Good work, Arcos!


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle touches Talvek on the shoulder the moves further away from the large Men.

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Fhingle provides some much needed aid to the swashbuckler and then scoots away.

The hellknights seem a bit disoriented by the sudden appearance of the smoke cloud.

3d20 ⇒ (5, 6, 7) = 18

What trickery is this? they shout.

Go around it!

red and orange plume advance on the north side of the canal.

Blue steps out of the concealing smoke and swings at Lubella with his sword.

There you are!

long sword: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16 for sword: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11 miss

But his powerful swing slams into the bridge rail rather than the halfling.

Further back, green plumed hellknight tries to skirt the southern end of the smoke screen.

The prisoner completes his withdraw from green dottari, dashing down the southern street.

init wrote:

=== round 6 ===

Lubella (-2 XR),Talvek (-17 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis) , Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(), Fhingle(-18 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Seeing no nearby foe, Sidius pauses and begins to casting a summoning spell to hinder or hamper pursuit.

Casting Summon Monster I


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella whirled into a defensive battle dance, striking to disable the dottari, before stepping in front of the Hellknight. "No-one has to die here!

Mithril Scimitar, Battle Dance, non-lethal, fighting defensively (red dottari): 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 - 4 - 4 = 22
Non-lethal damage, Battle Dance, Arcane Strike: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 11
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 - 4 - 4 = 5
Extra crit damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10

Miss chance (0-20) misses: 1d100 ⇒ 20 Assuming 20% miss chance.

AC 21
Battle Dance rounds used:1/11


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

GM Aarvid:
Will, know the smoke is an illusion: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella connects with a blow on one of the dottari. Sidius begins to cast a lengthy spell.

Talvek?


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Feeling a lot better after the healing he received, Talvek murmurs his thanks to Fhingle and engages in a fighting retreat, not wanting to leave the halfling behind as he dashes for safety.

Attack blue dottari, rapier, heroism, non-lethal: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 13 Damage, NL: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Acrobatics to move away without AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

He retreats a few steps and places himself protectively in front of Fhingle, preparing for the inevitable attack.

Opportune parry, heroism: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
Opportune riposte, heroism: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek retreats while facing down the dottari closest to him. He fails to land the flat of his blade on the guard, however.

going from top to bottom...

Red staggers out of the cloud and swings at Lubella with his halberd.
halberd,PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23 for dmg: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 6 = 16

Orange, retreats and decides to skirt around the cloud.

Where are they? I cannot see through this haze!

Like red dottari, green blunders out of the cloud and goes after Talvek.

Ahah! I found two of them!

halberd,PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 = 18 for dmg: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 6 = 23
However, the swashbuckler's faster blade blocks the longer weapon and scores a slash across the man's cheek for his trouble. (parry/riposte successful)

Blue yells I gotcha now! For the THRUNES! and charges Talvek despite his obvious stance...

halberd,PA,charge: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 28 for dmg: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 = 18 this one however, Talvek cannot dodge fast enough.

Most of you have a straight run to the west at this point...and you are looking worse for wear than the dottari.

Quote:

=== round 6 ===

Lubella (-18 XR),Talvek (-35 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis, summons) , Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl), green(-6), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(), Fhingle(-18 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle Channels again then moves 20' more as Sidius is in the alley as well.

Channel excluding the baddies: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Fhingle calls forth minor healing upon himself, Sidius and Talvek before hustling west down the alley, away from the guards trying to capture him.

Arcos circles back to do what he can to help the others flee the knights before their expected assault.

He casts invisibility upon himself and moves around to intercept the armiger and Fhingle.

Psst. Fhingle, maybe you can hide under my cloak or I can carry you?

The hellknights continue their pursuit, but only one having an opponent within easy reach. The two to the north sheath their swords and draw bows.

Blue plume knight attempts to take down Lubella with a vicious blow.

Surrender or die, rebel scum. I care not which.

sword,PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25 for sword,PA: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17 the blade nearly slashes her neck as it swings in a powerful arc.

1d20 ⇒ 6

Sidius's conjuring finishes...and Lubella hears a high pitched giggle as an arcane word finishes and the red dottari falls over asleep.

Lubella:
Hey! How dare you start a party without inviting me on the fun! Well, we got your message at least. says a familiar draconic voice from overhead.

The armiger rushes as fast as he can to the west.

init wrote:

=== round 7 ===

Lubella (-35 XR),Talvek (-31 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis, summons), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl), green(-6), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-14 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella replied to the familiar voice,

GM Aarvid:
"There's lots of fun still to be had! Just be careful and stay out of their reach!"

Heavily wounded, she retreated south into the alley, continuing past Fhingle. She whispered to her allies, "Vendalfek's here, and he's covering our retreat!"

Full-round withdraw action.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

A celestial Eagle appears opposite the (green) armiger attacking Talvek, striking at its back.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23 for 1d4 ⇒ 1
Claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 Threat
Claw (Confirm): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15 Probably Not for 1d4 ⇒ 4
Claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 for 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sidius focusses his will on the second (blue) armiger, bringing his magic to bear, trying to force it to sleep, Everbloom, let this get through whatever magic is protecting them..., before using his long legs to carry him farther away from the square.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella withdraws away from the two men threatening her and Sidius calls forth an eagle to bite and claw the neck and ears of the green plumed hellknight.

The bird leaves several deep slashes, drawing a fair amount of blood and from the man.

Ahhh! Get it off me! as he waves his halberd frantically

Sidius uses the distraction to attempt once again a hex on another guard.

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 but their stubbornness or infernal fortune once again repels the dark magic. Dang lucky on these for some reason.
I did not see the DC, but think this passed

Quote:

=== round 7 ===

Lubella (-35 XR),Talvek (-31 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis), eagle(), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl asleep), green(-12), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-14 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)

Talvek withdrawing or ?


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Yay, Vendalfek!" Talvek manages weakly before limping at speed away from the confrontation. Full retreat.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Don't let them escape! Kill this dang bird!

Orange dottari had already moved up closer and red is still napping.

Blue and Green dottari guards take out their frustrations on the poor eagle.

halberd,pa: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 = 13 for halberd,pa: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 = 18
halberd,pa: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 = 10 for halberd,pa: 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 6 = 19

However, their powerful swings are ill-timed and the eagle (barely) dodges both attacks.

Quote:

=== round 7 ===

Lubella (-35 XR),Talvek (-31 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis), eagle(), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl asleep), green(-12), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-14 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle just runs to keep up with the party


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Arcos runs out ahead, while invisible, not sure how else to help slow the pursuit. Fhingle's short legs try to keep up with the taller and faster allies.

Fortunately, the hellknights, in their heavy armor, are not able to keep up. Two double move, trying to catch the group.

HALT! Fugitives, you will surrender at once! they call.

The two to the north, move with their bows, ready to shoot at any target, which they currently have none visible.

The armiger hustles as fast he can.

Quote:

=== round 8 ===

Lubella (-35 XR),Talvek (-31 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis), eagle(), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl asleep), green(-12), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-14 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella told her friends, "I'm going to catch up to the knight of the Torrent and lead him south. West is Thrune's headquarters, so we don't want to go that way!"

Wary of the open space to the west, she hurried south, hoping to cross the wide avenue a little further from the Hellknights she had seen heading along the north side of the canal a few moments ago.

Double move 120 ft. Lubella's at 4 hp, so she has to be careful. It's a good thing she took Toughness!


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Seeing that Fhingle struggles to keep up, Talvek moves to scoop up the halfling and carry him, then continues hustling away from their pursuers.

Let me know if I need to roll anything for this.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

If you do this I will be able to channel which is hilarious in itself, as long as the GM is ok with that.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

I am good with it...as long as his weight and equipment do not drop Talvek (str-10) to medium load. :)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

I will tell you his weight once I get home.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Turning to the south, away from the plaza, the alleys and buildings become closer, unless you head towards the southern, heavily used Rust Gate. You also know of a few businesses in the area as well as the boarded House of Truth and Clarity, Kintargo's old courthouse in the distance.

Two of the dottari contend with the pesky owl.

Smash this dang bird!

green halberd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 for halberd: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
blue halberd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 for halberd: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The eagle is hacked to bits before its corpse pops out of existence.

The third dottari (orange) will try to awaken his sleeping comrade.

Wake up! They are escaping you fool!

Quote:

=== round 8 ===

Lubella (-35 XR),Talvek (-31 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis), eagle(), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl asleep), green(-12), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-14 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle moves 20' more into the side alley and channels again.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Will assume Talvek scooped up the halfling, so the two share a square and moved 40' total

Fhingle, dangling from Talvek's arms, channels for much needed healing to those near him.

Arcos, still unseen, moves south to rendezvous with Lubella.

All four of the hellknights give chase (double-moves) in their loud heavy platemail.

Raise the Alarm! HALT! Escapes!

The armiger follows the southern route.

Quote:

=== round 9 ===

Lubella (-25 XR),Talvek (-21 aid, hero), Sidius(+10, altered, invis), Armiger(-9)
Dottari blue(),red(-6,11nl), green(-12), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(invis), Fhingle(-4 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

I think Lubella was too far away to be healed by the channel — she moved an additional 90 ft off the south end of the map last turn.

Assuming that she recognizes the fleeing Knight of the Torrent:

Lubella's tunic was soaked with blood from her shoulder wound; she was aware of the pain, but with her adrenaline pumping, she didn't realize how badly she was hurt. Seeing the escaped prisoner rounding the corner of the street in front of her, she hurried up to him and introduced herself, "Kyda, Silver Ravens. Follow me — we're heading for the Devil's Nursery!"

She has another move action left, so she could lead the Armiger south a bit more this round.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

He had either overestimated his own strength, or underestimated the halfling's weight, as carrying Fhingle is slowing Talvek down considerably. Still, it had allowed them a moment of respite, for which he is grateful.

Setting his companion down, the tiefling whispers. "Meet up with the others, I will try to lead at least some of them away." He books it off down the street to the south, seeking an opportune moment to slip into a side alley and shake off their pursuers, but not before taunting them with a glimpse of his cloak as he rounds a corner.

Stealth for when getting out of sight, Inspiration: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 12 + (1) = 20


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

The Eagle continues its attack on the Dottari.

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d4 ⇒ 1
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Sidius follows after Fhingle, his long gait allowing him to keep pace with the halfling. Need to start carrying caltrops... or some nice alchemical toys, like oil slicks... He closes his hand around his pearl of power, restoring his summoning spell in his mind.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

@Lubella, oops, correct. I was just looking at her map position. So she is still hurting.
@Sidius, your poor eagle was dismembered in the prior round (17 dmg)

Lubella, Talvek and Sidius dash in a southern direction, trying to stay ahead of the guards.

With the distractions and tighter alleys, you are able to lose the hellknights, who cannot keep pace, and the dottari who are too far behind.

*** Out of combat for now...assuming the plan is to flee and not re-engage.***

The patrols are on high alert in the city within 5 minutes but you are able to hide in a building in the Nursery with the help of some of Talvek's relatives.

Vendalfek leads the dottari and hellknights off on a goosechase into the city.

After awhile, you overhear people asking what happened and who the patrols are looking for specifically.
Eventually some senior officers call off the search.

Nothing, false alarm. Back to your homes citizens.

Figure it is now 6:30pm and a half-hour from dusk.
You had time to apply any healing as needed. Dusk will be in about 30mins.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Apologies - I missed the second set of enemies attacking.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella offered the Armiger some of her rations, and her waterskin. "You look like you could use some refreshment!"

Now that she had stopped running and had a chance to rest, she checked her shoulder, and realized just how badly she was injured. She used her remaining spell to ease the pain.

Cure Light Wounds (Lubella): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Still in single-digit HP! :(

All spells used.

She turned to Talvek and inquired, "I hate to ask this, but can any of your relatives look after our friend for a day, while we're out of the city?"

She explained to the recently rescued man, "We're going to try to get in touch with your Lictor."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The weak, but very grateful armiger responds to the questions.

Thank you ever so much. My name is Benjen Preveau of the Order of the Torrent. Alas, I have no family in the city...other than my Order.

He pauses in deep thought and sudden anxiety.

While I am now free, there are three more of my order still at the holding house of these Thrune henchmen and lackeys.
Our Lictor Octavio is not one of them and is in exile as you may know.
I fear that my escape may go poorly for my comrades.
The Thrune is not fond of our Order for some reason and will undoubtedly take out his frustrations on them.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella had second thoughts about her request to Talvek. It might be best for now if Benjen doesn't know which are Talvek's relatives. "Or maybe not your family, Jackdaw — just someone you know."

She reassured the armiger, "We'll rescue your comrades from the holding house! But we're going to have to plan this carefully. We were lucky this evening — it could just as easily ended in disaster.

"Anything you can tell us about the holding house, and the routines of the dottari, will be very valuable towards freeing your friends. But don't worry about telling us everything now — we'll be back either tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully we'll find Octavio and tell him the situation, and then work out a plan together.

"Is there anything else that you want us to tell Octavio, when we make contact?"


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek frowns as Lubella makes her request. He wasn't keen on endangering his family, and there were precious few others whom he trusted. The people in the Devil's Nursery were already at the bottom of the pecking order, and harbouring fugitives, even for a few days, was very dangerous.

"We could perhaps try to take him with us when we go and meet Octavio? I'm sure they will be glad to be reunited."


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius nids at Talvek's suggestion, "I like it...Though getting him out of the City might be a challenge, Jackdaw."

CLW (Snowball): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Lubella
CLW (Ray of Enfeeblement): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Tavlek
CLW (Summon Monster): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Lubella


Forged Map | Rebels Map

His face lights up at the mention of finding Lictor Octavio.

I would be honored to go, especially to find our Lictor. However, I need to recover a bit more. He is still bruised and bloodied from the ordeal and looks like he has not eaten or slept much in a couple days (exhausted and sickened).

Back to Lubella's questions.

The Holding House is a stone, one-story, bunker-like building with no windows. We did not get out much and it is usually dark in the cells.
There are at least a half-dozen dottari guards patrolling within.
A few more when prisoners are being transferred into or out from the main prison or castle.
The warden...well she is very strict and business-like. Some said she is part devil, but I think she just deals with them so much it is second nature to her.

He pauses and thinks a bit more on what might be helpful.

Besides the three of my Order, there were a few other prisoners, but I am not sure who they are or if they are still there.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

"We cannot let all these people stay at the holding house, maybe we could draw the guards out or smuggle people into the Holding house some how to get in without a fight?" Fhingle muses, "We will have to fight most likely but we don't want to fight past everyone in and out."

Any more healing needed? Fhingle has lots still, spells and channels and Energy Body


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek is at -12.

The tiefling shakes his head, not in disagreement but rather to try and rein in the more enthusiastic members of their little group. "We took a very big risk today, and almost paid for it with our lives. The dottari and Hellknights will be on high alert now. We cannot have another direct confrontation with them, so we have to find another way. Perhaps we can disguise ourselves as guards, pretend to bring more prisoners in."

He would have to think on that some more, but for now he is very tired and sore from the fight; magical healing is all well and good, but it couldn't dispel the heaviness he felt in his soul. They had come very close to disaster just now, and he doesn't believe that they will have such luck again, so they need to be very cautious.

"Shall we rest tonight, and see the Lictor in the morning?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella is down 14 hp, after Sidius' healing.

Lubella thanked Sidius for the healing, "That's feeling better."

She said to Talvek with a grin, "It's going to be difficult for Ba and I to pose as dottari, I think! But I agree that mounting a direct assault on the holding house is likely to end badly.

"Perhaps we could forge orders to call some of the guards away temporarily. We would have to learn more about their procedures, to ensure that our forgeries would be believable."

On the suggestion to rest for the night, she replied, "I'm worried about leaving the other Order of the Torrent knights in the holding house for too long, especially if the rumor we heard is true. Waiting till morning would delay things a full day, since we likely need the cover of darkness to contact Octavio. And I do like the idea of getting in touch with the Lictor as soon as we can."

She lowered her voice, not wanting Benjen to get to know too many names at this time, "I wonder if Julessa Emberlain could look after Master Preveau while we're away? We might just have time to go over to the Owl Bakery, before we meet up with Setrona."

She went back to Benjen and told him, "I'm going to clean you up a bit, so you don't look so much like an escaped prisoner." She recited an arcane incantation, and set to work quickly washing and grooming him with her spell.

Casting Prestidigitation. Spending no more than a couple of minutes, since we're very short on time.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

”Thank you all. You have been kind and brave. I owe you my life and by my honor wish I was able to provide more help. The disguise is fine as I have little else to my name.“ says the exhausted armiger

So you have an appointment with Setrona at the South Gate in 25 mins or so. Figure only 10mins to get there. More like 20 to the owl bakery. What is the plan?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella checked the light outside, then huddled with her team-mates, "We'd better keep our appointment with Setrona. I don't think we can risk trying to contact Julessa first — we might run out of time. Can one of you big folk lend Benjen your cloak? That way he won't stick out so much. We can't afford to have him recognized."

I imagine that, in the absence of clocks, the time of the closing of the gate might depend on the whims of the guards, so we don't want to cut things too close. Lubella will jump at the chance to pick up an extra blanket for the armiger, if the opportunity presents itself. Extra food would be ideal as well.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 9/40 | AC 20 Tch. 14, Ff. 16 | Fort +7. Ref +12, Will +3 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +3 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Very well, we push on." Talvek straightens up, removing a small vial from his belt pouch and handing it to Benjen. "This should make you feel a little better."

The tiefling turns back to Lubella. "We could try a very quick disguise, a different colour foundation and some contouring on his cheeks and jaws? Maybe quickly shaving off this stubble, as well. What do you think?"

Giving Benjen my potion of lesser restoration, which should help with his exhaustion.


Vitals:
(HP: 30/30; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +8[+10] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 4 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +7; Diplo +5; Heal +7; Kn(Arcana) +10; Kn(Hist/Nature/Planes) +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +10; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +12; Stealth +10; UMD +8)

Sidius stops Talvek from handing over the potion, "Keep that, Jackdaw. I'll administer herbal remedies while you apply your disguise. No sense using powerful magics when something simpler will do."

He offers, "I have two days rations - my emergency supply, so I can ensure we feed our new friend overnight. Tomorrow, though, we'd need to hunt... as for making future plans to save the rest of the prisoners, I think we'd best learn all we can to allow us to prepare the right spells. Just think how much easier things would have been today if I'd have been ready with a web or ice slick for example."

Remedies can remove conditions, including fatigued.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Benjen nods and takes any potions or remedies offered.

I am ready.

***

As dusk approaches and the crowd have dispersed from the torture scene and dottari patrols are noticeable in and around Veritas Plaza.

You follow the southern city wall and stay in the shadows to avoid notice. As you approach the Kintargo gate you spot Setrona Sabinus standing off to the far side, in the doorway of a closed shop facing the gate. You are able to reach her.

She weakly smiles at your approach.
"Greetings, friends. I was worried you would not make it.
There are more guards than usual, likely due to an incident in the Plaza. Hopefully you were not involved in that mess.'
She grins.

"Let's be careful. It's just about curfew, and the guards are already on high alert. Wait, who are these two?" Setrona calls out regarding Arcos and Benjen as she leads you between buildings and into an alley out of view of the gate.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Healing:

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
There you both go, I am out of channels

"More Friends of ours." Fhingle says quietly, "We need to just leave that is it, if we had a wagon it would make it much easier. Does anyone know of a town out the norther gate that we could be heading too?" Fhingle asks


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

"Thanks, Ba! I feel almost as good as new," Lubella remarked, after Fhingle healed everyone.

When they arrived at the meeting spot, she told Setrona, "One of your cousin's armigers was in the doghouse. But Barzillai's show didn't go as planned, and he escaped. Rumor has it the Silver Ravens were involved!" She gave the other woman a conspiratorial wink.

"We haven't had time to find someone to shelter our new friend; we might have to take him with us. Hopefully the guards at the don't have his description."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Oh, my. Armiger Benjen? Is that you? I hate to admit but I did not recognize you in the poor light, well that and you look terrible. she recogonizes the famished man.

Well, we best see what we can do about the guards. Follow my lead.

She waves to your band to follow. As the group approaches the gates and the heavily guarded southern road, she calls out to the guards.

Hail and well met. Just Setrona Sabinus of the Tooth and Nail with some of my assistants going to make a purchase or two from Acisazi. We will not be back until tomorrow late.

gm:

3d20 ⇒ (6, 17, 17) = 40

The guards look at her with a sneer of recognition, hardly paying much attention to the rest of you.

We hope you don't come back! Move along.

***

Setrona leads you west of Ravounel Road to the swampy western shore of Argo Isle. A 2-foot-wide path rises up from the marshy ground, leading to a heap of stones and driftwood. The mound has an opening on the southeast side, flanked by two poles sporting gouts of fire that dance erratically in the ocean breeze.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

After they passed through the gate, and were out of earshot of the guards, Lubella said apologetically, "I'm sorry to have to drag you along, Benjen, but we decided on the rescue at the last minute — we didn't arrange a safe house ahead of time. I promise we'll get you to a place that you can rest soon. With luck we'll find Octavio Sabinus as well."

When they reached the area of the swamp, and their destination, she checked to make sure that it was too dark them to be visible from the city walls. As they arrived at the location of the hideout, she asked the recently rescued prisoner, "Have you ever been here, Benjen? Is there some sort of signal that we should give before approaching?"

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,653 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.