Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,020 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

I was hoping to wait until after the cage had been opened.

Lubella intoned an arcane phrase, boosting her speed.

Casting Expeditious Retreat. Was going to move up, but realized I probably hadn't cast my spell yet.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Same, Talvek would have waited for Lubella's signal. I rolled Acrobatics to not hold things up, as I was going to bed.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle will cast Aid on Talvek before he goes.

Aid HP: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"I will keep the life links up, this will allow you to fight longer." Fhingle nods that he is ready.

Sling in hand to add some support


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

False Life and Mage armour during the prep/discussion

False Life: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Sidius drinks the invisibility potion as the others start moving, trying to get close enough to the stage to summon an elemental.

I also thought we were all going on the signal


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, yes, the cage is open and Talvek can do the jump at that point.

As soon as the cage is opened, the victim scampers out of the doghouse to scavenge for scraps of food and water left by the dottari, but the victim must contend with two or more feral dogs that have been chained within reach of the food.

Talvek is on the platform...as the man moves and grabs for food amidst the snarling dogs.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Quick! We're here to free you! Are you restrained in any way?"

The tiefling speaks as fast as he can as he keeps a wary eye out for the dogs and the guards.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle moves up, trying to draw no attention to himself so that he can keep people as safe as possible.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Arcos moves up as well.

After Talvek jumps to the platform the weakened armiger hears him and stops grabbing for food, shaking his head.

The dottari did not expect anyone to attempt a rescue, although the one at the cage seems to have noticed something and moves up with his halberd. He calls out.

STOP! You will be tried and convicted for assisting a declared enemy of the city.

=== round 1 ===
21-Talvek (aid, hero), Fhingle(sling), Sidius(FL10)
16-Dottari blue(), green(), red(), orange()
9-Arcos ,Lubella (XR)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange()
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()

BOLD may go!


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Tried and convicted? You can try..." Talvek quips, bending down to help up the armiger as he seeks to get them both out of there as quickly as possible.

Perception, free inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 13 + (5) = 26
Disable device, if anything needs unlocking, aid: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 1 = 38


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius moves closer invisibly, then begins to whisper and chant a summoning spell.

Move, standard to start casting 1 round spell (via start full-round action).


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek does not see anything physically binding the man. The halberds and dogs are enough to usually chase the victims back into the cage.

So you still have your standard action

Sidius begins his long spell...

Sidius:

Verbal (V): A verbal component is a spoken incantation. To provide a verbal component, you must be able to speak in a strong voice.
.


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Welp, that's a wasted nat 20.

"Move south, to your left. Friends are waiting to help you escape." Talvek whispers to the man.

Talvek throws the tanglefoot bag at dottari across from him, hoping to slow down the man enough that the armiger can make his escape.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

DC 15 Reflex or git glued.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle will delay for now, again not wanting to draw attention to himself.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek throws his tangle bag

1d20 ⇒ 12 and the bag hits and explodes in a massive blob of goo and sticks the cage minder in place. Ahhh blast you!

The other three dottari immediately spring into action, releasing the hounds and advancing with their halberds on Talvek and the Armiger.

HALT! Quickly , surround them!

The green dottari advances to the south and waits for red to get into position before striking with their pole arms. Green hacks into Talvek but orange and red tangle their blows while swinging over the snarling dogs.

Green halberd,flank,cover: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29 hit
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Redhalberd,flank,cover: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 9

Orange halberd,cover: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 10

Blue 1d20 ⇒ 15 tries to break out of the hardened goo.

=== round 1 ===
21-Talvek (-5 aid, hero), Sidius(FL10, invis, summoning...)
16-Dottari blue(stuck), green(), red(), orange()
9-Arcos ,Lubella (XR) , Fhingle(sling)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange()
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Note: Talvek's morale bonus for Aid doesn't stack with the morale bonus from Heroism. The attack roll for the Tanglefoot bag looks correct.

The 3 ft tall, 30 lb halfling woman advanced on the heavily armored Hellknight at the southeast corner of the platform, brandishing her scimitar. "Silver Ravens — stay where you are, and don't make any sudden moves!"

Keeping a defensive stance, she readied to attack the soldier, should he or she fail to comply with her request. Hoping to avoid a repeat of the body-count at the Aria Park protest, she tried to remember her dervish training and strike to disable, not kill; her goal was to escape with the prisoner, not defeat the Hellknights in battle.

Move action: move, swift action: arcane strike, standard action: attack.

Readied attack (if the Hellknight moves or attacks):
Mithril Scimitar, fighting defensively, non-lethal: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 - 4 = 12
Non-lethal damage, arcane strike: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

AC 21

Next level, I plan to take Additional Traits, and the Blade of Mercy Religion trait.


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle drops a stone into his sling, whipping it around his head for a quick second Fhingle releases the stone at the Guard that Lubella is moving towards.

Aid Another AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

To buff your AC by 2


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella walks up to one of the hellknights and evokes her challenge to the warrior.

Arcos begins to summon a celestial eagle.

Fhingle is that an attack or a distraction/aid on the AC? You have to be in melee range to assist attack or AC on a foe/buddy.

KNIGHTS OF THE RACK, REPEL THE CRIMINALS! they call out.

The hellknights draw their swords in unison.

Lubella's readied attack clangs harmlessly off her knight's thick plate armor.

He retaliates. You have no place to make demands. Stand down or be destroyed!

long sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 but the blade swings high over her head.

The two hellknights to the north move to the ramp and ready to defend.

1d20 ⇒ 11

The other southern one moves to assist against Lubella, but seeing Fhingle with the spinning sling, charges him instead.

long sword, charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22 slamming down his longsword hard on the shoulder of Fhingle for damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

And the two feral hounds snap and snarl at Talvek as he imposed between their intended target.

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 hit for dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 hit for dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 hit for dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 vs CMD
trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 vs CMD

The dogs savage the tiefling and haul him down to the platform with multiple bites on leg and neck.

=== round 2 ===
21-Talvek (-24 aid, hero, prone), Sidius(FL10, invis, summoning...)
16-Dottari blue(stuck), green(), red(), orange()
9-Arcos ,Lubella (XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange()
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Talvek didn't update his status line for his mutagen, which adds a +4 alchemical bonus to his dex and a +2 alchemical bonus to his natural armor. With his mwk chain shirt and buckler, I think he should have 21 AC — 10+4(armor)+4(dex)+2(natural armor)+1(buckler)=21. I think that he has to forgo the +1 AC from the buckler if he wants to get dex to damage from Fencing Grace.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Since he attacked with the ranged tanglefoot bag , I will presume the loss of the buckler on ac this round and Ac20. So first hit negated but crit and trip confirm. Hp -16 instead of -24. Also need to know if rapier is drawn or sheathed.

Sidius completes his spell and something appears...


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Rapier is sheathed.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius keeps walking forward as completes his spell.. and then there is a crackling in the air as a lightning elemental appears just above the doghouse and begins attacking.

As I don't speak Auran, I can't direct it - and I'd assume, per its description, it would rather attack the metal-clad knights - all that to say, it appears on top of the doghouse and will attack things of its own choosing that aren't my allies for the next 4 rounds.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The air crackles as the (small?) elemental appears near a hellknight

The armiger looks like he is ready to bolt but is weak and looks back at Talvek like he is uncertain he should leave him (delays for Talvek)


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

"Follow me!" Talvek gasps as he struggles to his feet and hobbles towards the edge of the platform, trying to avoid any further blows from the dottari, or bites from the vicious dogs.

Activating Opportune Parry and Riposte, trying to avoid as many AoOs as possible.

Parry: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Riposte: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Before Talvek goes , we have Sidius’s elemental to appear...I will need to know where it starts and to apply any attacks. If Sidius takes a single move he would also have a standard action for this round (or a double movement).


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Very confused as to what happened to the post. And yes, it's a small - I'd provided the URL to the summoned monster's stats, above.

The conjured swirling mass of cloud and electricity shimmers slightly, taking on a birdlike form as it flies over toward the nearest hellknight wrapped so nicely in metal - and it strikes with glee.

Slam: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 3 = 17 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 plus electricity: 1d3 ⇒ 3


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

I thought maybe you could do it at ranged as well, I will have to read that section again been a while since I used Aid Another

Fhingle grunts as the long sword snaps into him. "Ouch, you stupid Hell Knight who says I am not on your side?" Fhingle retorts.

Diplomacy+successful Shirker: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 3 = 19 DC is 25+cha mod

who is wounded? You heal 5.
Fhingle retreats (with Drawl) away from the hell knight towards the alley behind him.

Fhingle Stuff:

HP 19/33

Acid 2/2
Alchemist fire 2/2
Healer kit 10/10
Potion of Cure Mod
Sun Rod
Wand of Align Weapon 10/50
Wand of Cure Light Wounds 50/50

Energy Body (1d6+4, 4/4 rounds)
Channel Positive Energy 2d6 (5/5 DC 16)


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Seeing Talvek having fallen, Sidius curses, Who'd have thought the blasted dogs would wreck our plan..., then focusses on the magic his patron has bestowed upon him, feeling it tear through the invisibility that was protecting him as he focuses it on one of the guards attacking the investigator. Naptime, Dottari.

Slumber Hex on Orange, DC 17 will or sleep for 4 rounds


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The sparking small elemental zaps the Hellknight guarding the ramp.

Followed by the soporific hex from Sidius on one of the dottari.

1d20 ⇒ 17 but the dottari shakes his head and the sleepiness leaves him.

The other hellknight replies to Fhingle's very rushed attempt to persuade him.
Normally diplomacy takes 1 minute, so hard to do in combat unless you have a way to speed this up...

What? Stop your yapping. You are going to the brig, runt!

The other two dottari swing at the Armiger as he bolts off the platform's southern edge. One slashes the poor man severly
AOO dottari: 2d20 ⇒ (7, 12) = 19 miss, hit dmg: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Lying prone, Talvek heals some small cuts, before he tries to stand and dash off the stage to the south, following the amiger.

AOO dogs: 2d20 ⇒ (6, 11) = 17 miss, miss
AOO dottari: 1d20 ⇒ 19 powerful hit, but parried, and strikes back, slashing the guard who nearly decapitated him

STOP THEM! They are escaping with the prisoner!

The leader tries to break free of his gooey mess.

STR escape: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Orange and Green dottari rush to the edge of the platform and swing down at Talvek from above.

dottari halberds, PA, Higher: 2d20 ⇒ (16, 2) = 18

One with a powerful slashing blow down onto poor Talvek's back. dmg,PA: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

=== round 2 ===
21-Talvek (-27 aid, hero), Armiger(-15), Sidius(+10, invis) Elem()
16-Dottari blue(stuck),red(-6), green(), orange()
9-Arcos(), Eagle() ,Lubella (XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella stepped back and uttered an arcane phrase, covering the pavement beside Talvek, and under the Hellknight in front of her, with a layer of slippery grease. "Go, go, go!", she urged her allies. "I'll cover you!"

Casting Grease (DC 14 Relex), as indicated by the red box. The green Hellknight must make a save or fall. "A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed."

1st lvl spells cast: 2/4
2nd lvl spells cast: 2/2


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle turns and gets away from the larger man as stated above


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella steps back and calls forth a large puddle of grease beneath the closest hellknight.

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 14 but the veteran sidesteps the effect.

Not this time, runt!

Fhingle continues to make the better part of valor a hasty retreat.

Arcos's celestial eagle appears next to the orange dottari on the platform and attacks.

eagle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2 hit
eagle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 4 miss
eagle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1 miss

Arcos then also tries to get back so as not to be the last man standing when the guards start locking up rebels.

Two of the hellknights try to step precisely into flank on poor Lubella.

knight acro: 1d20 ⇒ 13

And...Engage! but the greased green plumed hellknight cannot seem to get moving.

Blue on Lubella knight: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22 for dmg: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13 hit

Red on Elemental knight: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31 for dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 hit/pop!

Orange on Eagle knight: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31 for dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 hit/pop!

Sheesh - You better be running, the dicebot is going to kill you!

The two feral dogs ignore the fugitives and snap up the free food on the platform.

=== round 3 ===
21-Talvek (-27 aid, hero), Armiger(-15), Sidius(+10, invis)
16-Dottari blue(stuck),red(-6), green(), orange(-2)
9-Arcos(), Eagle() ,Lubella (-13 XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius turns his attention and magic to the Hellknight blocking Lubella's escape, throwing a slumber hex, Let's see if you're as lucky as the Dottari..., before starting to fall back to the alley.

Slumber on blue, DC 17 negates


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Injured as he is, Talvek retreats away from the guards

The armiger follows closely behind but is very injured and weak from hunger as well.

”Thank you. But ...we must hurry or our fate ... will be far worse than this doghouse. “ he gasps.

Sidius tries to hex the hellknight near Lubella

Will : 1d20 ⇒ 20 but either these guys are super lucky or have the mental fortitude of a savant!

”It will take more than parlor tricks.“


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The four dottari rush forward, jumping down from the platform.

Jumps : 4d20 ⇒ (12, 20, 11, 6) = 49 DC5

The first three make their leaps down and give chase. Orange snags his foot and falls on the landing.

NL : 1d6 ⇒ 6

” Bah! Keep after them!“

The dottari That do not fall, double move towards Fhingle and the armiger.

Cannot update map from phone...but will try laptop in morning

=== round 3 ===
21-Talvek (-27 aid, hero), Armiger(-15), Sidius(+10, invis)
16-Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl prone)
9-Arcos(),Lubella (-13 XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
4-Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
1-Dogs maroon(), teal()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella said to the Hellknight, "See ya!", and circled around him, then with magical speed, accelerated and leapt across the canal.

Acrobatics, expeditious retreat (DC 20 jump): 1d20 + 6 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 12 = 35

I'm presuming that the cart on the map is difficult terrain, and that Lubella woouldn't be able to get a running start for a direct jump across the canal, so she needs to circle around. Withdraw action, following the green path: first half of the movement to get into position for a running start; 10 ft running start, 20 ft jump, and 30 more ft of movement. I have a hard time making out the squares on the map, but hopefully her token is in the right spot.

I would have liked to cast a Grease spell under the dottari, but there really isn't a safe spot for her to cast the spell from (the spell has 35 ft range).


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Lubella literally runs circles around the hellknight and jump the canal

Arcos circles back to join the others in retreating.

Fhingle?


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

Fhingle will continue to run, seeing the large men will kill him without hesitation.

4x speed like Lubella suggests. I will have to drop them, if 3 people took dmg I am at 4 HP presently


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The green plumed hellknight carefully steps out of the grease and makes his way to the canal. acro: 1d20 ⇒ 16

His blue plumed comrade gives lumbering chase after the much faster Lubella, apparently unaware of Sidius (free Aoo if you desire).

You two! Secure that prisoner! NOW! He barks an order at the two closest to the weak and injured Armiger.

The other two hellknights double-back down the platform ramp on the north side.

HALT! You are under arrest! they call out to the band of fleeing ravens and the prisoner.

Women and men who were bystanders flee, screaming in any direction away from the hellknights.

The two dogs continue to snap up the free food on the platform.

=== round 4 ===
Talvek (-27 aid, hero), Armiger(-15), Sidius(+10, invis)
Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl prone)
Arcos(),Lubella (-13 XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
Dogs maroon(), teal()


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek is at -22 thanks to Life Link. Where is the armiger on the map? Is he the one by the red and blue dottari? Talvek would not leave him behind.

"Run! Run as fast as you can!" Talvek urges the rescued Hellknight as he gives the man a push on the shoulder. He gulps down the contents of a vial as he prepares to cover the others' retreat.

CLW extract: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Opportune Parry, mutagen, heroism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Opportune Riposte: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Thanks for the hp update. I lost track due to life link question then posted without updating.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Talvek gulps a potion and moves to block the pursuit.

The armiger calls out huffing and puffing. I am too....weak to run, but I will move as best I can. Thank you....I hope I do not get you all.... in trouble...or worse...trying to rescue me.

He can only muster a double move as he is very injured and weak from hunger. He is lucky to be standing at all.

He stumbles south past Fhingle.

Sidius?


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius considers casting a spell, but realizes there's no real time. Better part of valour and all that.. he thinks as he carefully withdraws, moving into the square.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Sidius pauses then, unknown to others, follows his comrades away from the advancing guards.

The orange badged dottari stands and grabs his fallen halberd.

Blue double-times his pace to try and catch up to Lubella.

There goes the caster!

The other two decide they have a prime target within easy reach and step up to swing on brave Talvek.

Die you rebel scum!

red halberd: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14 for halberd: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 miss
green halberd: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23 for halberd: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 hit

The first powerful blow goes wide, slamming into the ground. But the second swings and slashes through his weak rapier's parry and draws a huge gash in his shoulder.

TAKE THAT!

Correct me if I missed the new hp totals. I think the reposte is moot since the parry was a nat-1, correct?

=== round 4 ===
Talvek (-29 aid, hero), Armiger(-15), Sidius(+10, invis)
Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(),Lubella (-8 XR) , Fhingle(-9 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
Dogs maroon(), teal()


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

Lubella healed 5 hp from Life Link last round, so she's at -8.
Fhingle: Reminder to drop your life links if you need to (you can drop as many as you want as an immediate action on the dottari's turn).

Lubella could see Talvek was in big trouble. She zipped over to the west end of the canal bridge, and prepared to lay down some grease to cover the tiefling's retreat. "Jackdaw, withdraw behind me, and keep going!", she called out to her friend.

"Everyone else, RUN!"

Readying a DC 14 Grease spell, for as soon as Talvek clears the target area (see marked rectangle on the map).

1st lvl spells cast: 3/4
2nd lvl spells cast: 2/2


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

I did drop them, I think I said it in the discussion

Fhingle sees one of his new allies take a blow and cringes as he knows the damage won't come to him this time.

FFhingle channels his innate power Selective channel to exclude the bad guy, catching Lubella in the healing. Fhingle then moves around the fountain.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Arcos continues to flee the melee and runs out of the plaza.

Lubella moves to a tactical position to ready a spell to cover the rear of the party when the time is right.

Fhingle calls upon healing for the halfling duo and ducks behind the statue. (assuming this also heals the prisoner)

The hellknights advance, with red and orange bringing up the rear.

Form up! Capture the rebels. Cut off their escape!

Green plumed knight moves up for a bash on Talvek with the flat of his sword.

YIELD!

green sword, NL: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10 for sword, NL: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 but misses badly as the blade hits the ground.

Likewise, blue plume chases over to Lubella, but is not quite able to charge her due to the bridge rail.

Not so fast, runt!

Please validate below, and keep your hp in your status updated if possible. I am seeing different totals/actions in gameplay vs discussion, so not sure where we are on the lifelinks

=== round 5 ===
Talvek (-29 aid, hero), Armiger(-9), Sidius(+10, invis)
Dottari blue(),red(-6), green(), orange(-2, 6nl)
Arcos(),Lubella (-2 XR) , Fhingle(-18 sling)
Knights blue(), green(), red(), orange(-4)
Dogs maroon(), teal()


Tiefling Investigator (empiricist) 3/Swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 | HP 40/40+9/9 | AC 18 Tch. 14, Ff. 14 | Fort +5. Ref +10, Will +2 | Resist cold/electricity/fire: 5 | Init +5 | Perception +11; darkvision 60 ft. | "Jackdaw"

Talvek retreats at full speed, bleeding heavily now. The odds were still against them, so he hopes that his companions can hold on for long enough to make good on their escape.

Full retreat.


Vitals:
(HP: 37/37; AC: 13[17]/12/11[15]; Perception: +9[+11] (Low-light); Init: +6; Fort: +3; Ref: +3 Will: +4; CMD: 14; CMB: +2; Speed: 30')
Male Human (Chelish) Witch 5 - Codename: Brakisi
Skills:
(Acro +2; Bluf +8; Diplo +6; Fly: +6; Heal +8; Kn(Arcana) +11; Kn(Hist/Planes) +10; Kn(Nature): +9; Lore(Silver Ravens) +10; Prof(Herbal) +11; SenseMot +1[+3]; Splcrft +13; Stealth +11; UMD +9)

Sidius looks around and, seeing an opening, quickly casts a spell on himself, his human form stretching and shifting and sprouting fur. The change complete, he throws back his head and howls, "Ravens, fly away!", using his powerful legs and simian gait to widen the gap between him and the dottari.

Alter Self -> Sasquatch (gain +2 size to strength, scent, a slam attack and a move of 40' - retaining lowlight)


HP 43 l AC 19 (T 13, FF17) l 3/3/5 (+2 vs Fear) l Init +2 l Perc +8 *Cover Name - Ba*

I would have healed him yes. I dropped the Life Links as it was going to kill me.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 5 | HP: 48/48 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 (9 vs charm or compulsion) | Init: 4 | Per: 9 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: none

As Talvek disengaged from the enemy, Lubella tried to cast her Grease spell defensively, to cover his retreat. But the Hellknight moved to threaten her at the last second, forcing her to abort the attempt.

Concentration (DC 17): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Lost the spell.

Lubella will move in the initiative order to after the Hellknights.

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,020 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.