Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,097 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT

One of the soldiers is suddenly stopped cold as Burgurk's psionic bolt cleaves a hole in his helmet, his weapon clattering to ground, his body slowly following it..

Everyone else is still up..


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti gathers her energy and uses it to summon a few minions from the aether. Four ogres come into being a dozen yards closer to the enemy, and immediately start charging towards them, bellowing and brandishing their clubs. If they get to the enemy, their strength will likely prove very effective against them. If they dont, well, better the enemy shoot at them that at her allies.

Summon Ally (4 Ogres): 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Success with two raises. 4pp

She follows up the first spell with a second, filling herself with a familiarity with her rifle she doesn't normally possess.
Boost Shooting: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Success with a raise, increases shooting from d6 to d12+1. 2pp.

She leans out from her cover (be it a tree or a boulder) just enough to target three of the enemy soldiers.

Burst with C-12: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
All hits with a raise! AP: 2

Damage 1: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 1 + (6) + (2) = 16
Damage 1: 3d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) + 1 + (6) + (3) = 18
Damage 1: 3d6 + 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + (5) + 1 + (2) = 20
Damage includes an extra d6 for the raise, as well as any aces.


Auriel continues to move forward, this time attempting to summon his armor as he goes.

Running: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Tattoo Magic w/MAP | Wild Die: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 01d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Between dodging their incoming fire and running, Auriel just can't get the focus he needs to summon his armor.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Auriel, got it and moved you forward.
Shakti.. a couple of things.. You are currently 86 meters from the nearest group of soldiers, so I've made some adjustments to your actions, as follows.

1. Summon Monsters... done. Moved ahead.
2. Increase Shooting... Unless I am missing something, and correct me if I am wrong, but Boost Trait only allows you to increase by one die type per success/raise. That's two increases by my count, from d6 to d10...
3. Burst Fire... based on that, and the fact that when you do burst fire you also get a Wild Die, we also add in -1 for light cover and -2 for range. Here are my results:

C-12 with Modifiers: 1d10 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 1 - 2 = 51d10 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 1 - 2 = 21d10 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 1 - 2 = 31d6 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 1 - 2 = 0

That nets you one hit and with the damage Damage: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 1 = 7

Auriel races ahead as four large humanoid beasts join him in a flat run towards the soldiers in front of them.

Shakti finishes her summons and opens fire at the smaller group of soldiers, sending them back into cover.

You can correct me if I have made a mistake, and I will change the results as necessary. Jonis is still up.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

I thought you said 33 squares? That is 66 meters as opposed to 86.
Typo?

1. I'll summon them at my max distance out (8 squares) and they all move forward their max move 7+d6. 1d6 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 21d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (3) = 91d6 ⇒ 4. That puts them at between 10 to 17 squares from my position.

2. I was using Greater Boost, which increases the stat by 2 with a success, and 4 with a raise. I just assumed that would be obvious, but I can try to make a note of when I'm using a Major/Greater/Exhaulted version of a power. As I got the raise, my shooting would increase by 4 ranks, from d6 to d12+1.

3. Applying a minus for cover is totally reasonable. However the C-12 comes with a telescopic laser sighting system that compensates for -2 in range penalties. With the cover, they should all still hit with a raise for a typical target (but not for juicers or crazies, etc), so the damage rolls should be unchanged. I did forget the wild die though, so thanks for adding it on.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

From Burgurk, yes. 66 meters.. otherwise that's true, I did miss the Greater part and the C-12s sights. The results will stand then. I will update the map later. Going to give Jonis until tomorrow morning and then bot her.

As the soldiers hide behind cover, Shakti's mystic training compensates for their movement and the first group of soldiers goes down.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Sorry guys, yesterday was busier than I thought. Botting Jonis..

JonisBot Shooting: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aces: 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 1
Damage with Raise: 4d12 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 8, 9) + 6 + (5) = 33

Deciding that these soldiers were not going to give up, Jonis locks the Glitter Girl into position and lets loose with a blast from her Boom Gun. Shakti is just out of range of the sonic boom, but it is still enough to ring her ears. The resulting blast down range annihilates four of the men, but seems to summon a trio of power armor pilots coming from further away...

Round 2 Order
Auriel- Joker
Shakti- KC
Soldiers- JC
Power Armor- 6H
Burgurk- 4H
Jonis-2H

Auriel and Shakti and her ogres are up!


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Are those Power Armour suits visible, or just pinging on radar for Jonis? Airborne or ground suits?


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti's action will depend on whether on not she can see the approaching power armour suits. She is going to cast a spell and shoot somebody, but what spell and shoots who will depend on that.

Spellcasting: 1d12 + 3 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 3 + (7) = 221d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Burst of Laser Fire: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d12 + 1 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (10) = 231d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 ⇒ 5

Laser Damage: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 1 = 113d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 1 + (4) + (2) = 193d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) + 1 + (1) = 14

If she can see the Power Armor Suits:

Shakti weilds her magic and bestows herself with Exalted Farsight. (With all those raises it works out to 1pp expended). It eliminates all range penalties.
As soon as she is ready, she takes careful aim at the approaching suits, and targets her shots at the lead suit's head.

Called shot -4: 5 - 4 = 123 - 4 = 195 - 4 = 1
Damage AP 2: 11 + 4 = 1519 + 4 = 2314 + 4 = 18

Can't see Power Armor:
She'll run in order to catch up with Burgurk. 1d6 ⇒ 5. Once she catches him, she'll cast Quickness on him with a touch. Regular Quickness, not exalted, in order to conserve PPE. Burgurk will get two complete turns in a row, and on his next initiative redraw on anything less than an 8. Was looking at Burgurks sheet, and it looks like he can do plenty of awesomeness on his own; his only limitation is action economy. This should help.

Shots at local soldiers w/MAP for running: 5 - 2 = 323 - 2 = 215 - 2 = 3
Damage: 11 = 1119 = 1914 = 14

Regardless of what happens above, the ogres will keep charging forward, ignoring cover and screaming loudly.

Ogre 1 distance covered: 17 + 1d6 ⇒ 17 + (2) = 19
Ogre 2 distance covered: 16 + 1d6 ⇒ 16 + (1) = 17
Ogre 3 distance covered: 25 + 1d6 ⇒ 25 + (4) = 29
Ogre 4 distance covered: 17 + 1d6 ⇒ 17 + (3) = 20


Savage Rifts RotRwT

They are visible, if they are only visible on scanners, I will mention them only, not put them on the map, for future reference.


Forgoing his attempts to power up, Auriel instead just focuses on rushing forward.

Runnin': 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Shatki - thanks for thinking of the Quickness, but since the power suits are visible to all, I'm assuming that didn't happen.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti's ogres push ahead, along with Auriel, one crashing through some trees to bolt ahead of the pack, a strange hunger in his eyes. Shakti sends a few more bolts of laser fire down range, hitting the lead armor pilot in the face, causing him to wheel about, but he recovers quickly and corrects his flight. The other soldiers retreat, firing along the way at the ogre that had taken the lead as the powered armor sends minimissiles flying at the Glitter Girl.

Red Pilot Spirit v. Shaken: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Soldiers v. Ogre: 1d8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) - 1 - 2 = 51d8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 1 - 2 = 21d8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 1 - 2 = -11d8 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 1 - 2 = 0
Ace: 1d8 ⇒ 3Hit with Raise
Damage: 3d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + (6) = 15

The ogre goes down without so much as a whimper, fading away into nothingness.

Blue and Green Pilot Missiles: 1d8 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 3

The minimissiles explode all around the Glitter Girl, but the shrapnel bounces harmlessly off the shining armor...

Burgurk and Jonis are up...


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk moves forward, and hurls a mental bolt at one of the regular soldiers :

Psionics & Wild - Range: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 31d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Spending a Bennie to re-roll...

Psionics & Wild - Range: 1d10 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 6) = 26
Damage ACES!: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Damage ACE ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 = 40

2 Bennies, 62 ISP


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10
Burgurk wrote:
Shatki - thanks for thinking of the Quickness, but since the power suits are visible to all, I'm assuming that didn't happen.

No problem. No plans to steal all the glory, and a lot of my powers can buff others as well as myself. Maybe I'll get you next time.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Burgurk's power shatters one of the soldiers' armor and then the soldier himself cracks under the pressure, collapsing in a heap.

Botting Jonis again, hoping we haven't lost her.

Shooting v. Blue Pilot: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 4d12 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3, 8, 11) + 6 = 34

The Glitter Girl's Boom Gun barks again, 200 flechette rounds tearing through the flying armor and sending it burning and smoking to the ground.

Round 3
Jonis-AD
Shakti- KD
Auriel- JS
Burgurk- JH
Soldiers- 10H
Power Armor- 3S

Whole Party is Up!!, note I won't be on a computer for a week, so I can't update the map, but we should be done with this fight soon..


Auriel continues moving towards the enemy.

Running: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Waiting for Shakti to act, and DM SBM to bot Jonis, before taking my action...


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti waves her staff, reaching out to Burgurk with some magic.
Magic: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Boost Psionics: 2 dice = d10 to d12+1

The ogres/cannon fodder continue running forward.
Ogre 1 Running: 26 + 1d6 ⇒ 26 + (5) = 31
Ogre 2 Running: 23 + 1d6 ⇒ 23 + (3) = 26
Ogre 3 Running: 27 + 1d6 ⇒ 27 + (2) = 29
The spell is going to run out before they even get to these guys...

Shakti fires her laser rifle again, this time opting for a concentrated burst at the head of one of the Power Armour suits, hoping to do more than distract him this time.
3RB Laser: 1d12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Damage: 3d6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 1 + 2 + 4 + (1) = 22
Damage with Raise: 22 + 1d6 ⇒ 22 + (2) = 24

Last, she draws a bead on one of the remaining ground soldiers and takes a shot at him with her pistol.
TK Revolver: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d6 ⇒ 3
Damage: 2d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 + (3) = 14
Damage with Raise: 14 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ 14 + (6) + (1) = 21


Savage Rifts RotRwT

JonisBot Shooting: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 ⇒ 3

The Boom Gun fires again, but this time the power armor pilot is quick and adjusts his flight to move out of the way of the burst.

As Auriel and the ogres surge forward, Shakti hits the power armor pilot that dodged in the face with her burst, sending him out of control and crashing into the ground. Her pistol fires and puts a hole in the armor of another soldier and he drops as well.

Burgurk, you are up.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk runs forward to shorten the distance between him and his prey...er, targets :

Running: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Map updated

And fires off a mental bolt at one of the regular soldiers :

Psionics & Wild - MAP - Range: 1d12 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 - 2 = 41d6 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 2 - 2 = 3
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 8

Doing

Damage: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 1) + (6) = 24
Damage ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Damage ACE! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Damage ACE! ACE! ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 = 38

2 Bennies, 58 ISP


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier that Burgurk targets lifts up into the air and his armor collapses around him, crushing him to death. The other two soldiers turn and begin to run into the forest. The last power armor pilot also turns around and begins to fly away...

Unless you want to pursue them. The soldiers are retreating. Jonis would not condone hunting them down, but I'll leave it up to you.


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Shakti opens her senses again, scanning the area to make certain this was not a diversion for a greater threat.
Exalted Detect Arcane: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

As the last remaining power armour pilot turns to retreat she takes aim at his suit's engines, hoping to force him into an ungraceful (and potentially fatal) landing.
Making a called shot with the same -4 as a headshot, adjust as you feel appropriate. Shakti will also spend 1 ppe to keep her boosted Shooting skill active for one more round, but she'll allow the ogres to expire.
3rb: 1d12 + 1 + 2 - 4 + 1d12 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 - 4 + (10) = 211d6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3
Damn. Think I hit...

Damage(AP2): 3d6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) + 1 + 2 + 4 + (1) + (5) = 23
Raise and Ace included.

"We should check for survivors. If we could interrogate one there is a lot we could learn about what we are headed into. By the same measure, it would be nice to capture or eliminate those last two foot soldiers, if possible. It would be best if they not report back with specific knowledge of our capabilities."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Shakti's burst tears into the engines on the back of the flying power armor, causing a massive explosion. The wreckage careens into the ground leaving a long scorch mark. The two soldiers disappear into the forest. Shakti's senses tell her that nothing else is in the area.


Auriel completes his surge forward, not dismissing his weapons until he investigates the bodies to see if any of them are healing or moving. He will also take a look at their gear to see if he can determine anything about them.

Notice | Wild Die: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Aces!: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 3 Looks like 13.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

If any of the men are still enough in one piece to heal, Burgurk will do so :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 4

That's enough to heal the 1 Wound that Incapacitated them...

2 Bennies, 55 ISP


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The armor of the soldiers that lay dead all around the forest seems to be modified Huntsman armor, painted in a dull gray and green color of camouflage. The unit insignia on the shoulder patch has a red 'NO' sign over it, marking them as former members. As Auriel looks closer, he can see that these men were former Legionnaires. Each of them was carrying an L20 laser rifle and a Wilks 320 pistol. All of them seem to be in good condition. The suits of Flying Titan armor are all but ruined however. As you are looking, you hear a moan coming from one of the soldiers. Though the massive scorched hole in his chestplate would tell you otherwise, it must have struck him at an angle, as he is only singed and was knocked unconscious by the blast. Burgurk's power restores him to coherence.

"Wh.. why did you save me?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"Not out of any kindness, I'll tell you that up front. We want to know everything about your team - were you working solo or as part of a larger group, and if so where are they located, that kind of stuff. You'd better come clean, because she (pointing at Shakti) and I have no qualms about putting you *back* into the dirt."

Anyone have Intimidation, and care to throw in your two coppers' worth?


Is he a vampire?

Notice | Wild Die: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"I assumed putting him down afterwards was a foregone conclusion. I suppose letting him keep his life might be an acceptable bargaining chip, so long as his cooperation was enthusiastic enough."

She moves around and about the downed soldiers, helping herself to weapons and equipment. Any other equipment besides the rifles and pistols? Grenades, rations, binoculars, TW stuff, etc. Key-Cards, credit chips, and electronic devices might also prove useful if present.

Intimidation: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 21d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Ace: 2 + 1d4 ⇒ 2 + (2) = 4

She points her chin towards the soldier for a moment, "You should have listened to me, mortal. A dozen fieldmice attacking an entire pride of lions." She shakes her head and goes back to searching the slain.

Edit: Auriel, we scanned them at the start of the fight, and they all came up vanilla mortal.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Shakti, you double-dipped the -2 on your Ace, so your total is a 7.
And sorry, I haven't used Intimidation that much, so I thought it had some effect outside of combat (like Persuasion). Now that I've read the rules, I don't know what good it will do us here.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier stares up at you through his helmet. "Grayspear... she has everyone on a short leash. A couple of recent recruits turned out to be spies for the Legion. Anyone coming back from a losing fight alive had better have a damn good reason or she will kill them on the spot. She has a deal with the coven of vampires here that keeps them protected during the day... You can go ahead and kill me. She will do worse."

Searching the rest of the bodies shows you that most of their equipment was attached to their armor, which is mostly damaged from the fight. After an hour of searching, you find the following still working items:


  • 11 Wilks 320 laser pistols
  • 9 L20 laser rifles
  • 3 backpack radios
  • 7 food packets (mre)
  • 11 flashlights
  • 258 credits in various forms


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"If you wish a merciful end, such may be arranged. Of course, driving you back towards her, bereft of your weapons, might also prove both amusing and useful."

"What sort of stronghold does she have? Is a building, a bunker, or a cave, for instance? How many soldiers does she have? How many suits of powered armour? Any heavy weaponry or mines that have been placed for defense? How many vampires is she guarding, and what is the nature of their pact? Has she been made one of them?"

"Make yourself useful, and a swift end will be granted."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier shakes his head, the fear in him coming through the speaker on his helmet. "I don't know the exact numbers, each of us has our own unit we report to and are given little about the rest. Grayspear keeps most of her elite near the underground bunker entrance. The area around it is patrolled by our flying scouts and some of us on foot. I don't know anything else, I swear."


Auriel looks at Shakti and says "We're not killing prisoners." It's clear from his tone that he's this is not something he's willing to discuss.

Turning back to the prisoner, Auriel says "What would you do if we let you go?"


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

"Burgurk pulled him back from the veil, I would say his life therefore belongs to him to decide his fate. I do not care if he lives or dies, so long as it is assured he is no threat to us. It was I that sent him to his fate the first time, so if necessary, I have no reservations doing so again."

"Do we intend to press on towards Grayspear today, or do we intend to camp? There are bodies to be addressed here. These rations are limited, and I would not mind supplementing them with fresh meat, if we have the time."

She punctuates the last by eyeing the last soldier, and running her tongue absent-mindedly along her pointed teeth.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier cringes at Shakti's display. "I.. I would get as far from here as possible. Grayspear does not tolerate deserters, but you have spared my life. It is all I can do to repay you."


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk uses his Empathy (see my character page for notes) to determine if the soldier is telling the truth about running away :

Notice & Wild: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Is he?


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier is scared for his life and appears to be telling you what he believes is the truth.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"He is telling the truth - he will not go back to Grayspear. Under that condition, I say we spare his miserable life."

Altho those two words, "appears" and "believes" have the player a little concerned... ;)


"Very well." Auriel removes the soldier's bonds and then says "You should try your luck in a different part of the world. You have lost your privileges to this one."

Taking one of the Wilk's Pistols and a single power pack of ammunition, he flings both in the direction the group came from and says "You should start walking now. Should we find you not walking away from here, I'll let her do what she wanted to you." As Auriel says the last sentence, he jerks his thumb at Shakti.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

The soldier nods as he scrambles to his feet, grabs the pistol and takes off at full tilt as far away from you as he can get. For the moment, your team is completely alone on the path, surrounded by dead bodies. It is about that time that Shakti and Burgurk both start to sense something is amiss. A strange feeling in the energies around you send shivers down the back of your neck. Auriel is beginning to feel it as well. That's when you notice one of the armored bodies twitch..


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk says "Auriel - did you see that? That body there, I'd swear it moved! Quick, cut off its head with your sword!"


Notice | Wild Die: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 5 Looking to see if it's a vampire.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Not a vampire, but definitely undead of some kind, at least now they are..

More of the bodies start to move and push themselves from the ground..


Auriel again summons his blade and attacks one of the ones that haven't stood yet. "Does anyone see a magic user making them rise?" he asked aloud.

Fighting | Wild Die: 1d12 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 41d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 3d10 ⇒ (1) + (5, 4, 6) = 16 MD


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Auriel easily cuts down one of the undead soldiers, but the rest are coming, shambling towards you. You are too close for the Glitter Girl to fire safely, so Jonis watches your back in case more come.

Notice Success:
You spot a piece of metal flying off the now decapitated zombie that crashes somewhere in the trees.

Notice Raise:
As Success, plus you see where it landed and can go and retrieve it.


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Notice & Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 2

Burgurk growls "I hate undead - their flesh is too tainted to eat..." and attacks one of them :

Psionics & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 6
Wild ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 5 = 11, a Raise

Doing

Damage: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 5) + (4) = 20


D-Bee Mystic: Size: 0, Parry 8, Pace 6, Toughness 14 (7), Charisma -2, Bennies: 5, PPE: 10/20, Staff PPE: 0/10, ISP: 10/10

Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 41d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (1) = 7
"What was that?"

She marks the direction of the silvery object in her mind, with the intention of investigating later. For now, however, she turns her attention back to the creatures shambling towards her.

"It seems even cousin Yama does not want these dregs. What you say is true, Burgurk. Once the the Vetala have been at them, they never taste quite right. Perhaps after this we can find someone worth eating."

Spellcasting: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Casts Mega Boost Fighting upon herself (1 PPE).

She draws her twin swords, which buzz to life as she strikes at the animated corpses.

Sword 1: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (4) + (3, 1) = 8
W/Raise: 8 + 1d6 ⇒ 8 + (3) = 11

Sword 2: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d6 + 2d8 ⇒ (4) + (2, 6) = 12
W/Raise: 12 + 1d6 ⇒ 12 + (2) = 14

Megadamage

(26 PPE / 5 Staff PPE / 10 ISP)


Notice | Wild Die: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Auriel also tracks the disk that Shakti points out, but likewise decides to remain focused on the task at hand.

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,097 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.