Reign of Winter with GM Deadly Secret - Table 2 - The Snows of Summer (Inactive)

Game Master Deadly secret

The date is 4713 AR on Fireday, 21st Earstus at 12:00 pm - current moon cycle: first quarter
The Location - Trail to Portal???

Reign of Winter Slides


951 to 976 of 976 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Pretty much, you know that usually satisfying something can get rid of the haunt but it's not generally clear on what that something is. Haunts are kinda like a program playing out.


"Then she's not going anywhere. We can come back for her. And with any luck, her problem is the snow, too."


The only route to the hut is through the ice blocks, do you proceed towards the hut?


AC 17/12/15 hp 16/20 F +4 (+5 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), R+2, Will +0 Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5 Rage: +2 att/dam/will save; -2 AC; + 2thp; PA -1 att/+2 dmg

As Mordred runs towards the ice blocks, Satu sets out to follow.
Wait, don't go alone! It's most certainly dangerous! We should all go!


HP 16/17 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMD:16 FF:14 | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Extract slots remaining: 2/3 | Extracts Prepared: None | Mutagen (STR) 1/1 | Active Conditions: endure elements (all day)

"It seems that this girl is trying to lead us somewhere. It might be safe, but it just as easily could be a trap. Let's head to the hut and see if we can figure out what is going on."
Kishai starts to walk towards the hut and pauses, waiting for the others before going too far.


M Gnoll Magus (Nature bonded) 2: HP 16/21| AC16 (20) tch10 FF16 (20) | CMD14/FF14 | F6 R0 W3

Garrasay followed, eyeing the ice pillars suspiciously as he went. "RrrrRrGgGg. These ice structures, are they normal? What is this place?. rrRggGrr


Your party continues forward through the maze of ice blocks. You come around a corner and once again you see the incorporeal girl staring at one of the ice blocks. She shouts at it, "I don't want your stupid doll! I want to go home! Take me back!"

What do you do?

If you ask a question:
Roll a diplomacy with it!


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 1

Cnut carefully studies the girl and the ice, looking for some sort of pattern that he might recognize. What is going on here?

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Cnut:
This doesn't seem magical. Perhaps supernatural and you're not really able to conclude anything. You don't see anything on the ice block either.


HP 16/17 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMD:16 FF:14 | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Extract slots remaining: 2/3 | Extracts Prepared: None | Mutagen (STR) 1/1 | Active Conditions: endure elements (all day)

Not letting the apparition distract her but wishing to learn more, Kishai speaks to the girl without stopping her movement towards the hut. "Whose doll are you speaking of, little one...and where is your home?
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


The little girl looks over at you then runs off behind a boulder and out of sight. You're gettting closer to the hut. As you proceed forward you see the girl again staring at a boulder. "I have to get away! And you should, too, before they see you." She looks over at you and for the first time it seems she recognizes you as someone other than her tormentors and she says, "Run!"

If you ask a question:
Roll a diplomacy with it!


Male Shabti (looks almost human) 2nd lvl Cavalier (Green Knight)| AC 16 FF 15 Touch 11 | HP 4/21 | Fort +6, Ref +1, will +1 | Perception +1

Mordred Carefully looks around the ice blocks, Looking for any kind of threat, walking back carefully he rejoins the group. taking his axe he strike the Ice blocks seeing what they are of.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Attacking the Block: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Mordred strikes the ice and is confident it's just ice. The block is too large and does not break to the strike but you do put a dent in it.


Male CN Undine Cleric 2 | HP 13/13 | AC: 15 Touch: 12 FF: 13 | CMB: 2 CMD: 14 CMD-FF: 12| Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +6 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60ft Perc: +3 Sense Motive: +3 | Speed 40ft, Swim 30ft | Channel (1d6): 5/5; Current Flow: 6/6; Agile Feet 5/6; Hydraulic Push: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active Buffs: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"Who will see us?" Dhakor asks, following the others.


The girl fades away.

Unfortunately your diplomacy rolls didn't get you much info through this encounter.

Your party proceeds forward to the mound with the hut on it. Just as your exiting the ice blocks...

Perception
Garrasay 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dhakor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Mordred 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Kishai 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cnut 1d20 ⇒ 20
Satu 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Durra 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 (+1 in cold terrain)

Will
Dhakor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Mordred 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kishai 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Garrasay 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Satu 1d20 ⇒ 6
Dura 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Cnut 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Cnut & Durra ntoice a chill wind stirring up ahead and some flickering in the ice blocks. You turn to look and point it out to the party. On the ice block you see a scene, kind of like a movie. You see a little girl with a woman, it looks like her mom as she is holding her hand and smiling. Another scene shows the girl crying as someone is taking away her doll. You see a scene that displays a blonde woman yelling at girl and shaking her finger.

Moments later Mordred & Satu are frightened for a few rounds.
no combat so it will wear off.

Anything you'd like to do before you proceed up the mound trail to the hut.


Male Ifrit Sorcerer 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Cnut looks around nervously. If he sees anything, he'll point it out. If he doesn't, he'll proceed.


HP 16/17 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMD:16 FF:14 | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Extract slots remaining: 2/3 | Extracts Prepared: None | Mutagen (STR) 1/1 | Active Conditions: endure elements (all day)

Kishai sees the visions of the girl and takes mental notes in case the scenes become pertinent, but does not let them distract her from the goal of reaching the hut.


AC 17/12/15 hp 16/20 F +4 (+5 circumstance bonus vs. cold weather), R+2, Will +0 Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5 Rage: +2 att/dam/will save; -2 AC; + 2thp; PA -1 att/+2 dmg

That was quite scary. Can't say i really understand what's going on, but i don't have a good feeling.


M Gnoll Magus (Nature bonded) 2: HP 16/21| AC16 (20) tch10 FF16 (20) | CMD14/FF14 | F6 R0 W3

When Mordred becomes frightened, Garrasay covers him as he retreats. The only threat the gnoll knows of is the ghostly girl, so he glances back and forth, flail at the read and magic words on his lips should the phantasm materialize to give chase. "RrrrRRRrrrggg. This place is cursed. Something evil has happened here." He watches the scene unfold with a low growl. "The hut at the center of this malevolence may hold the clue. RrrrRRrrr"


HP 16/17 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMD:16 FF:14 | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Extract slots remaining: 2/3 | Extracts Prepared: None | Mutagen (STR) 1/1 | Active Conditions: endure elements (all day)

Kishai looks over to Garrasay and nods at his perceptive statement. "I agree. This girl seems to be either a past victim or a potential threat, and perhaps both. More importantly, it seems to me that the hut is the focal point of whatever is here so we should ignore her for now."


Male Shabti (looks almost human) 2nd lvl Cavalier (Green Knight)| AC 16 FF 15 Touch 11 | HP 4/21 | Fort +6, Ref +1, will +1 | Perception +1

Shaking his head back and forth Morde finally takes control of himself. For a brief moments the blocks and snow suddenly reminded him of the great boneyard.

"This place is cursed. I can feel it."

hefting his axe Morde follows the others, knowing that it would be safer to stay in the group.


Your party makes your way to a path that is going up the hillside. You follow it to get to the hut.

A small hut stands here on four legs, each one a single tree trunk whose gnarled roots resemble the toes of a giant chicken. The hut is constructed of heavy logs with a patchwork roof of shaved bark shingles. Inside the hut's open doorway, a small figure sits on a carved wooden chair, staring across the clearing at the trail on the other side.

You find yourselves just outside of the hut looking in.


HP 16/17 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMD:16 FF:14 | F+4 R+5 W+2 | Extract slots remaining: 2/3 | Extracts Prepared: None | Mutagen (STR) 1/1 | Active Conditions: endure elements (all day)

Kishai approaches carefully. "I wonder if this figure has anything to do with the spirit we've been seeing"

Perception to see if there is a resemblance, or to discover anything interesting about the hut: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Knowledge Nature to see if there is anything related to fey or similar critters: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Working on update, but was there anything else anyone was going to do? or just watch Kishai move in?


M Gnoll Magus (Nature bonded) 2: HP 16/21| AC16 (20) tch10 FF16 (20) | CMD14/FF14 | F6 R0 W3

Garrasay grips his flail and inches closer. He peers warily at the small figure sitting at the hut's doorway expecting more sprites. "Grrrrrggr. Careful Kishai, there have been no friendly fey since the winter fell across the forest. RrrrRrRrr."

He follows Kishai closely while Petal keeps alert for an ambush.


Male Shabti (looks almost human) 2nd lvl Cavalier (Green Knight)| AC 16 FF 15 Touch 11 | HP 4/21 | Fort +6, Ref +1, will +1 | Perception +1

Mordred stays close to Garrsay, preferring others to talk for now. His axe resting safely in his hands.

951 to 976 of 976 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Reign of Winter with GM Deadly Secret - Table 2 - The Snows of Summer: An Early Frost All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.