PbP Gameday VII: Dungeon Master S's "Rose Street Revenge" [Playtest] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | HANDOUTS


1 to 50 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Place your playtest mark here


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Nearly a year ago, Absalom fought off an invasion of demonflesh constructs and undead marines remembered as the Fiendflesh Siege, during which the city’s siege lord offered every slave freedom in exchange for their assistance in defending Absalom. Practically overnight, one of the city’s cruelest industries came to an end, and many hundreds of the liberated have since become Absalom’s newest citizens.

Although most have welcomed their manumitted neighbors with open arms, an unidentified serial murderer known only as the Rose Street Killer has systematically slain at least a dozen of these freed people. So far, the city’s guards have questioned scores of witnesses and suspects with no luck. The Rose Street Killer remains at large, and one of their most recent targets was Nelfurhin Zor, a former scriptorium slave who had joined the Pathfinder Society shortly after the siege. The Society doesn’t normally investigate crimes in Absalom, but Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin is furious that a Pathfinder’s gone missing thanks to this criminal. He’s assembled a team of agents to help solve the case. Don’t let him down—lives are on the line....


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

While going about the less glamorous aspects of Pathfinder life a paige drops off a note from Valsin:

Strictly speaking, these quests come at the same time with people discussing the order in which to tackle them. On PbP that could take a fair bit of time (with parties typically deciding to go in order.) To keep the focus on the playtest, let's just do that.

You unfold the note and give it a read.

After arriving at the Grand Lodge, Valsin jumps right to business.

Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin flicks an invisible speck of dust from his impeccably pressed cuff before speaking. [b]“Thank you for arriving together; I don’t like to repeat myself. I trust you received my note, and I hope you have your wits about you. It’s all well and good for everyone in the city to concoct their own thrilling hypotheses about some serial murderer, but Pathfinders need to be a bit more…” Ambrus thinks for a moment before continuing, “…evidence based."

“To that end, I’d like you to find some low-ranking members of the Bloody Barbers and press them for information. I suspect their straight razors are ultimately to blame for the disappearances.” Almost as an afterthought, Ambrus adds, “I shouldn’t need to tell you to be careful in dealing with Absalom’s largest thieves’ guild, but do try to avoid the old crimson shave.” He draws his thumb across his neck for emphasis...

"Any questions?"

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

I've got the character down on paper, but haven't uploaded it on site, should be able to do so in the next 24 hours.

A man that can be described as neatly organized studies a few notes in hand as the Captain speaks. "Fret not Captain, you've called the right guy for this job! For I, Jack Jerome, Magic Investigator will assist this merry band of able bodies into uncovering the truth behind the matter!" Jack speaks with a little confidence, and is has an impressive arrangement of magical materials along his belt pouches, organized and arranged very meticulously.

"What evidence do you have in hand to suggest this be the doing of this Band of the Palm? What do we know about them and their motives?" He begins to ask.


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

"Listen, I hope you didn't bring me in here to accuse me of..." A half-elf with golden hair trails off as Ambrus discusses talking to members of the Bloody Barbers. He nods quickly. "Ah, yes, them. As I was about to say, I may have had my run ins with the law, but never over murder."

Alric glances at the others. "Perhaps, though, I can use some connections to find out where a group of the Bloody Barbers are and we can ask some questions."

What else do I know about the Bloody Barbers
Underworld Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Valsin turns to Jack and tries, unsuccessfully, not to raise his eyebrow as he points out that several of the last dozen mysterious murder sprees in Absalom were, "eventually linked back to the guild, whose corrupt roots touch nearly every aspect of Absalom life."

Alric already knows a bit about your quarry. True to their appellation, Bloody Barbers often work as barbers, using barbershops as bases of operation and meeting places. he Band of the Palm, the cover organization for the Bloody Barbers, meets regularly in the Coins. Searching in or near that district is likely a good starting point. Blood Barbers are notorious loan sharks and often run illegal narcotic dens, so a neighborhood with a high concentration of such activity is likely to house at least a few chapters of the Barbers.

We don't technically start until tomorrow, so I won't progress past this scene, but others can also roll Diplomacy (Gather Information), Society (Recall Knowledge), or Underworld Lore (Recall Knowledge). I'll take any other creative use with a solid justification.

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

"Interesting...Interesting.." Jack continues to take notes, pocketing his thoughts on the matter.

Diplomacy (T) (Gather Information): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4


Female NG Elf (Mwangi) Ranger 1 | HP 5/17 RP 2/2 Hero 1/3 | AC 15 TAC 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +3| Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Seveen is a simply but well-groomed female elf with currently no hint of humour in her countenance. She is equipped with a longbow and quiver, plus a shortsword and dagger.

"When I hunt I liked to be as prepared as possible.
Are you able to share any more details on these incidents?
Do we have any contacts in the Palm or the Barbers in general?"

I know we have already determined the order, will we be treating each one separately or should we ask all questions now? If the latter...

"Is Dragonspeaker Engashez expecting us? Are there specific meeting arrangements?
What more can share with us regarding the Sewer Dragons?"

and later

"I am personally unfamiliar with the Puddles district, knowing only that it is wet and in a sorry state, are there specific dangers that we would be wise to be aware of?
Do we have any specific contacts in the Muckrakers?"

As we begin to learn more of the versatility of this new system, I am going to list several potential roles and rolls for our esteemed GM to select what is most appropriate.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Standard gather information check
Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Possibly applicable to recalling information about potential hazards
Society: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Recall information about any of the involved organizations
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Possibly applicable to recalling information about potential hazards
Warfare Lore: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 If any of these are considered military organizations then perhaps this may be applicable?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Valsin holds his hand up, "Calm down Seveen. One mission at a time. We don't have a specific contact. Finding them is your job. Pathfinders often have to rely on one another for help. I would start by comparing notes; you should be able to piece together a likely location for one of their meeting places.”

Solid rolls, and I 100% get posting it all now. Keep the rolls, and reference them when Valsin is ready for more.

No one has anything to add to Alric's recollection, so the party hits the streets. Seveen's approach with the locals works well, and grabs some new information. Though the Bloody Barbers are the larger guild, the Smoke Knights thieves’ guild is much more secretive—so much so that it’s never been proven to exist. However, the Barbers at least attempt to maintain a veneer of secrecy and are unlikely to gather anywhere that a high-profile crime has recently taken place, lest they draw attention. This eliminates a number of neighborhoods from their likely location.

Given this information, the party settles on checking out a shop called, The Smiling Cut

-------------------------------
Will give people a bit of time to catch up, check in, and sound off as ready.


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

A tattooed Varisian has listened intently to the Venture-Captain speak, but has displayed no reaction beyond a few simple nods.

Outside, she appears quite someone else entirely, chatting amiably about the weather and some tidbits of gossip while digging up information about the Bloody Barbers and, perhaps, something of their whereabouts.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Society (Recall Knowledge): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

"Well, the smiling cut! What would you know, a little oblivious don't you think?" Jack muses as he looks around the immediate vicinity for anything out of the ordinary or downright suspicious.

Perception (T): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 0 = 13

Ready to go!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Seoni also recalls that the little-known head of the Bloody Barbers, Anken the Cutter, is notoriously paranoid, and he is likely to forbid meetings of lesser members anywhere near his favored parts of the Coins. This leaves the party ever more confident that they're on the right track.

This small barbershop has four worn barber chairs and a wooden waiting bench. The astringent odors of various hair tonics combine with that of talcum powder to produce a potent aroma. A large, tarnished mirror runs the full length of one wall, with a low shelf below it that holds an assortment of combs, razors, scissors, and jars holding murky liquids. The shop is almost empty, and it’s quiet enough to hear the snip of its lone barber’s scissors as she works on a large man’s wild mane, while a freckled shop sweep stoops over hair clippings that he’s meticulously swept into a neat pile. "Ha! Get in line. I'll get to you in a bit!"

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

"Should we perhaps ask them if they know anything? Do you think that's a good idea friends?" Jack whispers to his fellow Pathfinders before deciding to do something he may possibly regret.


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

Seoni nudges Alric to the fore. Greetings and salutations! she says brightly. As you can see by his unkempt mane, my friend Alric is badly in need of a Barber. Please do take care, though — he's a delicate sort and we do not want to see him Bloody.

Diplomacy (make an impression): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female NG Elf (Mwangi) Ranger 1 | HP 5/17 RP 2/2 Hero 1/3 | AC 15 TAC 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +3| Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Seveen smirks very slightly as she witnesses Seoni take the lead, leaving Alric little choice. She tries to blend into the background to remain mostly unnoticed while visually searching for any clues, any tracks or marks that may indicate a concealed exit/entry to the room or evidence that the shop is a front for other activities.

stealth to be non-obvious: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
perception to seek evedince: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

It looks like she's picking up what Seoni's putting down. "Yeah yeah, I know what you're sayin, but I don't know nuthin about them.
Especially here and what they "do."

Perception DC 10:

Based on her body language, you think she means what she says.
The way she says it keys you into the idea that you are, in fact, in the right place.

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

Perception (T): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 0 = 12

Cutting straight to the chase, Jack asks them. "Sorry for the troubles, but perhaps you know where we may find the bloody barbers then? This matter is important to us."

Diplomacy S (T): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 + 0 = 20


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Alric is stunned at first when Seoni pushes him forward. He gives an awkward smile and is visibly relieved when the man claims not to know anything. "Well, hmm. Do you happen to know anyone who could help us with this?"

Diplomacy (E): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

"Nope. No one." Winking at her customer in the mirror, Valette the barber snips off a lock of hair and drops it on the floor near her feet. She turns to the shop sweep and shouts, “Oi, Snips, you missed a spot,” gesturing to the hair with her scissors. He starts and mumbles an apology as he rushes over with his broom, but as he bends to sweep, the barber gives him a swift kick, sending him tumbling into his carefully swept pile.

The barber laughs uproariously and claps her customer on the back, ripping off his barber cloth and telling him to pay her in ale and a pie at the shop across the street. As she strong-arms the reluctant man out the door, she yells over her shoulder at Snips to clean up and close up the shop. “And don’t forget the mirror—I want to see myself in it!” she cackles, doubling over at her own “joke” and slapping the increasingly uncomfortable customer again.

As soon as the door closes, the boy, named Snips speaks up, "I... I can help." He shakes it off and stands up.


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

"You? Really? Are you a Barber too?" Alric tries to help the boy up. As he does so, he tries to assess whether the boy is as young and helpless as Valette made him seem.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Interesting that there's no separate Sense Motive skill anymore. I like that. But how do you get better at Perception?

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

skill increase at appropriate level? Ability increase into wisdom?

Jack uses the Social Tactic Conversing!

Jack politely approaches the boy, "And how would you be of assistance to us? I am curious indeed. But please, tell us everything you know." He says as he flips out his notebook.

Diplomacy S (T): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 + 0 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Skill feats and Wisdom bumps, as mentioned. The tricky part is to not mentally picture the DC progression of PF1. A level 10 DC isn't going to be nearly as high in PF2

"I.... I.... I'm not a barber sir. I do know that they hang out close by. I can take you sir."

Snips gestures towards the back door, suggesting the route. "Comin in the front door like you lot did scares them."

Perception DC 14:

You think there's more to his motives than simple help, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

Perception (T): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 0 = 16

Jack raises his eyebrows momentarily, looks and nods at the lot of you, then turns back to the boy. "Let's say we trust you for now. What's in this for you?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

"I.... I...." the boy seems lost for words as he makes a strange and pitiful sound.

You can try to coerce him for information or try to make a more gentle impression.


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Alric waves at Jack dismissively. "Don't mind him. If you can help us, we're grateful. Snips, was it? So you clean up after them? Just here or in other instances too? You said it scares them when we come in through the front door. How are they likely to react if we find one of their meeting places?"


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

aid another Diplomacy (make an impression) DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
The truth will set you free, my lad. You can trust us.

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

Seoni's post has made me curious about the aid another mechanic. Curiously, the aid reaction is very clear, but the rules on page 142 under Aiding skill checks seem to imply (to me anyway) that the Aid Reaction is not always necessary depending on context. But in that case, it's not clear what the DC or bonus to aid would be if not using the specifically using Aid Reaction.

Aiding Skill Checks:
In some situations, you can simply perform one or more of a skill’s uses to grant a circumstance bonus to another character’s check for the task they’re attempting. Other times, aiding an ally’s skill check requires more exact timing, necessitating the Aid reaction.

Jack attempts to tone down in order for the kid to open up. "Yes, we mean no harm. We're just trying to help."

Aid Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Aid is a bit stranger now.

The boy's eyes water, "I'm sorry. I just wanted to get into the gang. It's a trap. I was going to lead you right into them. There are 6 of them hanging around out back. It's nothing personal. I promise."


Female NG Elf (Mwangi) Ranger 1 | HP 5/17 RP 2/2 Hero 1/3 | AC 15 TAC 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +3| Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Seveen quietly speaks from behind Snips, "Well lad, we do want to meet them, but more to talk with them. I think we'd rather avoid a scuffle if we can."

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

"Riggghttt." Jack considers the situation for a brief moment, "Perhaps it's in our best interest to walk in, we still want to meet these bloody barbers."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

"Ummm.... good luck with that. You might have to use violence to convince them to talk. Just saying."

The map is now up to date. Describe your plan, and if applicable use the Exploration Tactics on p.316


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

"Can you show us around the backside of where they might be waiting? Catching them by surprise should give them some pause. Maybe they'll be willing to talk if we impress them. Maybe they won't, but then we're in a better position to deal with them."

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

If there's no other way around it, Jack will enter with the searching strategy, but will also cast guidance on everyone now that we are aware there is danger. But even if we don't walk right in, it seems the searching exploration tactic would still fit the bill.

"I like your thinking Alric! Pray tell boy, is there a way around it?"

Perception,Guidance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7


Inside his heavy armor, Kardakan whispers in grim voice.
"Violence is the last solution...but for some, this is a language."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

So there really isn't such a thing as a surprise round anymore. Getting the drop on a fie doesn't seem to do much. The area is murky, so I'm open to intepretations and ideas.

Snips gives you a rough idea about the 6 people behind the shop.

It's super late, will post tomorrow, but pick an Exploration Tactic and a way out.


Map and handout aid Token.

I suggest that we just enter.


Female NG Elf (Mwangi) Ranger 1 | HP 5/17 RP 2/2 Hero 1/3 | AC 15 TAC 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +3| Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Seveen prepares to use stealth to approach, thinking to come around the side of the building rather than through the back door though willing to go with her companions if they choose a different route. She will have her short sword and dagger drawn.

Stealth +4


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

Seoni will detect magic.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Exploration Mode! Map is updated. If you're going around, place yourselves. If you're going out the back door into the trap, stay in the building.

Seoni: Detecting Magic Which door, around the side, or out the back?
Seveen: Stealth around the side.
Damien: TBD
Kargakan: TBD
Alric: TBD


Karbad | Dwarf Paladin 5 | HP 80/80 | AC: 22 | TAC: 20 | Fort +10, Ref +7 Will +7 | Perc(T) +6 | Spell Points 4/4 | Hero Points 1 | Res 7

Alric follows Seveen, trying to stay quiet. For all his criminal connects, however, he is decidedly less capable of sneaking. He draws his longsword but holds it down.

Perception is better for Alric, but this seems like a sneak time. Stealth +1

Grand Lodge

Human Scholar Cleric 1 (HP 18/18) | AC:13 | TAC:12 | Fort(E) +3 Ref(T) +1 Will(E) +5 | Perc(T) +4

Damien or Jack, will stay in the building but follows out as the last person in marching order. and will search tactic.

Perception,Guidance: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 18


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

Around the side, after the Stealthers go.


Kargakan Will look out for danger. perception +3


Female NG Elf (Mwangi) Ranger 1 | HP 5/17 RP 2/2 Hero 1/3 | AC 15 TAC 14 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +3| Perc: +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none.

Thank you for placing me. Looks good.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

This is a part of the game that I think needs some work, so I'm open to immediate feedback, suggestions, or highlighting rules I might not be applying correctly.

Wise to the plan, the party heads out ready to tussle with the Barbers, hoping they have some information on what's been going on.

Coming around to the back, you see a quintet of unsavory looking thugs. They're a bit slow to realize what's happening, but it won't take them long to figure it out...

Seoni: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Seveen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damien: Pre-rolled: 18
Kargakan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Alric: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Thugs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The thugs don't quite get that you mean trouble, but they sense something is off....

The interaction between stealth, one side not knowing what's going on, etc and the lack of a "surprise round" is something I'm still working on.

Round 1:
Barbers: What's going on?
Damien: Go
Seveen: Go
Seoni: Go
Kargakan: Go
Alric: Go


His long spear on hands, Kardakan laughs on the danger that surround Him.

"Ah ha!You fall under our trap!"

attack vs black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

attack vs black: 1d20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 5 = 5
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

attack vs black: 1d20 + 3 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 10 = 7
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

But his farmer's hands are not suited for combat.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

What kind of weapon do you have Kargakan (and might you have a character to post?)

The danger doesn't seem to phase the Pathfinder, but nor does he connect with a barber.

Round 1:
Barbers: What's going on?
Damien: Go
Seveen: Go
Seoni: Go

Kargakan: Miss
Alric: Go


Spell points: 4/4 | Resonance: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/1 | Lv 1: 1/3 Sorcerer 1 (HP: 15/15) | AC: 13, TAC: 13 | Perception +2 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 |

Oh, are we going the violent route? Seoni asks with a smirk, as she moves toward the corner behind Seveen and Alric, electricity crackling at her fingertips. I'm surprisingly okay with that.

Stride, then use her two remaining actions to cast electric arc at Black and Green. DC 15 Refl for half: 1d6 ⇒ 3


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

The first barber takes the full shock, but the other twists away a bit.

Round 1:
Barbers: What's going on?
Damien: Go
Seveen: Go

Seoni: Zip Zap!
Kargakan: Miss
Alric: Go

DM:

Black: 3
Green: 1

1 to 50 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VII: Dungeon Master S's "Rose Street Revenge" [Playtest] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.