[PFS][Private] GM Ilmakis Blood under Absalom CORE level 8-9 (Inactive)

Game Master Ilmakis

MAP


1 to 50 of 437 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

You have been summoned to the Grand Lodge in Absalom.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Hope they cleaned up all the bodies from when I was here last time.
Ragnar is a homely human wearing earth tone clothes. He wears mithral chain armor and has a fancy bow and 2 fancy quivers. He seems to be in his element here.
Hugsy is probably in some stable nearby but he is a large constrictor snake with a large fancy green hat strapped on his head. The cute name and cute hat makes Hugsy no less deadly but hope springs eternal that they will make people more comfortable around him.

Silver Crusade

| Speed 30ft | Smite Evil: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7 |2nd: 5/6 | 3rd: 4/4 | Lay on Hands (2/4) | Claws 6/6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | HP: 78/78 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +13, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2, SM: -2

Dot

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Dotting!

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin is a red-haired, older looking gnome. Though quite old (About 90), he still is jubilant and fresh as he has ever been. He has a cloak, headband, and necklace. You also see a spell pouch by his side.

"I'm Alvin, and I deal with the power of illusion." He waves his hands around making a display of casting motions, but doesn't actually cast anything. "Ooooo. I also like fireballs and lightning bolts too, just cause they're fun."

"And here's my favorite dragon ever..."

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

You see a colorful faerie dragon flying around Alvin, creating a flourish of fleeting movements as he floats around. He has a tiny necklace strung around his neck.

In a high pitched, squeaky voice he says, "I'm Riddywipple, and it's nice ta meet cha all! Isn't adventuring just so much fun?"

Riddywipple normally holds on to all my wands except the Wand of Magic Missile (CL 1). He keeps them in the Handy Haversack.

Riddywipple recognizes a few individuals here.

"Oh Ragnar! And Hugsy! Nice to see you two again! If you two are on a mission with us, it must be important!"

"Oh, and Uncle Godfrey!" Riddywipple perches on Godfrey's shoulder, and starts licking a lollipop after landing.

Riddywipple also takes a discreet wave to the ground next to Godfrey and smiles.

"Woo! We're gonna have a blast with this crew!"

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin crosses his arms and shakes his head at the dragon's shenanigans. He worries about Riddywipple's blood sugar levels, reflecting on the fact that Riddywipple has only eaten candy the whole day. He brushes it off for now, planning on coming back to it later, and greets the rest of the party.

"Good to see you again Ragnar and Godfrey." He nods to each of them, then turns to the others. "And whom do I have the pleasure of meeting for the first time?"

Silver Crusade

| Speed 30ft | Smite Evil: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7 |2nd: 5/6 | 3rd: 4/4 | Lay on Hands (2/4) | Claws 6/6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | HP: 78/78 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +13, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2, SM: -2

A tall Mwangi woman strides towards the others, coming from the direction of the stone heads of Baphory's Walk. Dressed in white robes embroidered with golden sunbursts and dragons, she walks with a clattering noise, as various weapons, potions, and gear jostle each other when she moves. A holy symbol of Sarenrae hangs around her neck.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all." before continuing, she turns to Riddywipple, switching languages,

Draconic:
"Especially you, esteemed cousin."

Before continuing, " I am Amina Tuncay, servant of Sarenrae and the Society. I'm afraid I haven't met any of you yet. The Society has sent me to a wide range of places, especially in Garund and Varisia, so it makes sense that we haven't crossed paths yet."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

For those who have met Sir Godfrey before, and for those who haven't, he's quite unmistakable. This man is the epitome of the stereotypical paladin; Tall, long blonde hair that shines in the sun, teeth that sparkle, a full set of armor shined to mirror perfection, and he walks with square jaw and broad chest permanently stuck out.

Even when he speaks you hear that annoying, confident self-righteous goodness in every inflection. Bizarrely enough he reaches the group with far less of a ruckus than Amina despite his collection of armor, massive sword and hammer, and various other bits of standard pathfinder gear.

There is a blatantly obvious symbol of Sarenrae etched into the front of his armor and a small holy symbol of her tied to the waist of his armor.

He stops at the group and sets both hands proudly on his hips. "-Greetings- old friends and new. Are we all ready to fight the good fight against evil, and slam our just boots into its soiled backside?" He gives Riddywipple a grand smile and points to the lollipop. "Brush your teeth after that or they may fall out."

Finally, he turns to Amina and gives her enough of a bow to be polite but not knock the fairy dragon from his shoulder. "And special greetings to you, my fellow Sarenite."


***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT

Overseer thread

Decemvirate Speaker

”The Decemvirate are truly grateful that so many of you have answered this summons to the Grand Lodge, for they, above all, know the trying lives that field agents endure. Indeed, you have only to look about this courtyard and gaze upon your colleagues to know they have come from all ends of Golarion to be among us. Look not grim, but rather determined, for this summons is not one brought of dire threat or terrible consequence. No! The Decemvirate has instead summoned you to taste the opportunity to enter the greatest contest of martial arts the world has ever known—the Ruby Phoenix Tournament”

”The legacy of Tian Xia’s legendary mystic arcanist, the nearly immortal Grandmaster Hao Jin, the Ruby Phoenix Tournament is held only once every ten years. The Tournament is run by Sifu Xho Nuo, Emissary of the Ruby Phoenix and sole heir to Hao Jin’s secrets. The prize for victory: an artifact pulled from Hao Jin’s fabled collection of the greatest wonders Golarion has ever known”

”Though Xho Nuo has made no formal announcement, we have learned the sifu has chosen to hold the qualifying round for this decade’s tournament here in Absalom. The Pathfinder Society has long sought to send one of its members to compete in this tournament. If our information is true, this means that for the first time, the Society has the opportunity to qualify a good number of its field agents. While the chance to glean an artifact from Hao Jin’s collection is enticing, that is hardly the entirety of our goal. However, I shall speak more on this subject at a later time”

”At present, we have learned that Xho Nuo plans to host a covert meeting to address all would-be contestants. Don’t get too excited though; it’s supposedly being held at a decrepit tavern in the Docks called the Devil’s Dregs. Go there and see what details you can pick up about the competition and the other entrants, but watch your backs. There’s little law to protect you down on the wharves, and it’d take a riot to raise any attention. Oh, and I wouldn’t expect an appearance from Xho Nuo either, as his social status prevents him from contact with such filthy and common places. My guess is that he’ll send one of his agents to rile up as many lowlifes as possible to serve as fodder for the first round of the contest”

”Lastly, though its likely Xho Nuo is aware of our interest in the competition, we need all our agents to maintain as much secrecy as possible. For all we know, he has deliberately chosen Absalom to bait our interests, so it’s imperative that he identify as few of our agents as possible. From here out, to keep our affiliations covert, we request all of you make arrangements for your stay outside the Grand Lodge. Try to pick a place that’s low key to avoid attention. Don’t worry about the cost though. The Decemvirate will pick up the tab. Good luck.”

Welcome to the Multi-Table special – Blood under Absalom, we are now underway!

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar smiles.
"I've never been one for punches and kicks but of it gets us an artifact it's worth a shot. I think I can find us a dive to stay in. The locals will recognize some of us but hide your wayfinders anyway. This Xho Nuo will have spies about."

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin contemplates the mission and decides against taking flight immediately. He feels that would ruin the covert nature of the mission.

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

Riddywipple pipes up. "Ohhh! A covert mission! Tiny dragon, at your service!"

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin facepalms.

A dragon isn't exactly covert.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

After the speach of the Decemvirate Speaker, you decides to go to the "Devil's Dreng" the tavern where the covert meeting for entering the tournament will be host.

After walking (or flying) from the Grand Lodge toward the dock, you spot in a quiet, rundown section of the Docks, a weathered wooden sign hanging above a wide alcove that reads “Devil’s Dregs.” A pair of thick double doors within the alcove lead into the tavern.

Liberty's Edge

M HP: 62/66 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD:17 | F:+6+2, R:+9+2, W:+7+2 (+2v Fear, +4 v bard,sonic,language-dep)| Init: +2+2 | Perc: +2 SM: +10+2 | Speed 20 +20 | Bardic Perf: 20/27 | Spells: 1st 4/6 |2nd: 1/4 | 3rd: -/2 | Active Conditions: Heroism,

Lem whips out his flute and plays a jaunty tune that sounds so familiar to so many pathfinders. At the sight of the sign, he pauses.

"My kind of mission, though be sure to limit me to no more than a dozen ha'pints, eh?" He smiles innocently.

"So how should we play it when we go in?"

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar looks at the small flying dragon and large snake.

"Hmm. We stick out. Let's accept that fact and draw attention from more covert members. We want to enter the contest but we don't have to mention our affiliations."

"Hugsy will remain outside. It should be safe unless someone does something stupid. In that case the screams will alert us."

Sovereign Court

Female (Channels 1/7 6d6) { airwalk, oill of daylight, Shield of Faith+3} Human AC(22)/T13/F21/ CMD14 | |HP56 |Fort:+7;Ref:+3;Will+10 | Percept.+4|Init.+0|Female Human (SoF+3

Should we enter separately in smaller groups to look less conspicuous?

Lasaraleen follows the rest of the group, having arrived late to the briefing.

Silver Crusade

| Speed 30ft | Smite Evil: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7 |2nd: 5/6 | 3rd: 4/4 | Lay on Hands (2/4) | Claws 6/6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | HP: 78/78 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +13, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2, SM: -2

"That sounds reasonable, newcomer. Perhaps Godfrey, yourself, and I should act as a group. The truth is often simplest, and we are a team of Sarenites interested in the competition, after all. I'm not sure how to disguise the others."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

"Excellent! I am always one for fair and noble martial competition! I shall thrust forward in the name of the church and duty!" Sir Godfrey clearly doesn't do subtle on a regular basis, as he clomps through the streets like a shiny mess.

Oddly enough, his ostentatious movements are far more silent than his behavior and size would dictate. "We should absolutely represent the church! None shall think anything else of it, and it's not a lie! We can still stay close to our fellows, and even stay at a local temple for rest. They love me there."

Sovereign Court

Female (Channels 1/7 6d6) { airwalk, oill of daylight, Shield of Faith+3} Human AC(22)/T13/F21/ CMD14 | |HP56 |Fort:+7;Ref:+3;Will+10 | Percept.+4|Init.+0|Female Human (SoF+3

Very good. And if that does not work, the theological discussions will have been worth the while nonetheless. Oh, and I am Lasaraleen. She bows to her new associates.

It is my pleasure to travel with you fine folks

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

Riddywipple, small as he is, decides to try to hide in Godfrey's backpack for now. "I'm gonna hide in your backpack. Protect me Uncle Godfrey!" Riddywipple tries to say this in the cutest way possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Alvin facepalms as all the naiveté being displayed by the goody-two-shoes here. However, he is outnumbered. He lets the pious ones do the talking.


***OVERSEER ANNOUCEMENT***

Overseer thread

Kiang Zhen

Without warning, a flash of smoke flares up from the center of the tavern floor. As it clears, a towering, golden-skinned humanoid of hideous and terrifying countenance steps forth, ebon teeth gleaming fiendishly. Standing before the crowd, she greets them with a slow and gracious bow, yet her eyes never look away.

The creature gestures to call the crowd’s attention, and one by one they fall silent.

“Good evening and allow me to introduce myself, I am called Kiang Zhen. My sifu, Xho Nuo, the Emissary of the Ruby Phoenix, wishes for me to tell all of you that he is most pleased to see so many of you eager to attend the tournament. It is his desire that everyone please find a table and make yourselves comfortable at his expense.”

The room becomes increasingly packed as contestants file in, and barely a minute later arriving contestants quickly fill all remaining tables leaving the tavern with standing room only – yet more and more continue to fill the place out – it is tightly packed and it is a struggle to both keep a hold of your own food and drink as well as dodging the spilled food and drink of others.

A short time later…

”Again, your attention please. I regret to inform all of you that Sifu Xho Nuo will not be present this evening, though he has appointed me to speak on his behalf.”

”To speak with candor, there are many who wish the Sifu dead and wish to steal from him the ancient secrets he was appointed to guard. This comes as no surprise to the Emissary, for he has been charged with the protection of a great and terrible power. Even now, in this very room, some of these same individuals sit amongst us. To them I say, Sifu knows who you are and fears you not. He even entreats you to join the Ruby Phoenix Tournament, for he shall not compromise the primary intention of the contest – to find the world’s greatest martial artist. Rest assured, this tournament shall test the mettle of its contestants, regardless of their intentions. Competition shall be fierce and violent without regard for contestants lives. That is your concern – not mine, not the Emissary’s. Those who fail might be lucky enough to walk away with their lives. For this reason, there are few places where our tournament is truly welcome. Thus, given the nature of the tournament and other circumstances, the Emissary has expressed to me the need to retain secrecy. However, I assure you he shall make an appearance before the end of the qualifying round.”

”Lastly, I have noticed many of you have come as teams. This is good, for initially, you may need help from allies you trust.” The beast pauses for a moment, letting his dark, pupil-less gaze hover upon the crowd. From his belt he unfastens a leather satchel and holds it aloft before the crowd. “I have here 100 rubies. On the morrow, fifty of these rubies will begin to glow, and those individuals or groups in possession of one such gem shall be contacted by one of our agents, who will give them the details of where the first event of the qualifier will take place.” then with a wide and wild grin he says “And so it begins!”

On his final words, he tosses the bag into the air, sending the rubies scattering everywhere. The next moment, he vanishes, leaving behind only a vaporous wisp.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

The Pathfinders decides to enter the tavern in two groups. One waiting a few minutes before entering after the other.

Once you enter the tavern, you see that despite its sizable taproom, the Devil’s Dregs seems filled to capacity. The smells of cheap ale, unwashed bodies, and thick pipe smoke mix in the crowded room, as tightly squeezed contestants push and shove their way about the tavern.
As one might expect in the Docks district, the tavern extends over the harbor, and beneath the door lies the silty, brackish water of Absalom’s wide bay. The dim light of the tavern’s few lanterns exposes few specifics about the patrons or the surroundings.

Aside from the front doors from the shore, a set of double doors leads out of the tavern onto rickety piers in the center of both the east and west walls, and a number of windows look out over the harbor to the south.

As you look around you, you are able to note several other obvious rivals, as well as some foreigners never before seen. Among the foreigners stands a unshaven swordsman in ornate lamellar armor and a full helm bearing the visage of a snarling demon.

Your entrance don't seems out of place in this crowded place even if several visages tries to scan each one of you when you enter inside.

DC24 Know. (local) / Perception / Sense Motive could give you more hint about the people inside:
Your recognize among the people here, several agents known to be affiliated with the Aspis Consortium or the Red Mantis

=== After Kiang Zhen speech ===

As the rubies scatter, contestants leap from everywhere to grab them. Those few individuals lucky or quick enough to catch a gem before it gets lost in the sea of bodies lling the tavern are immediately assaulted by the nearest empty-handed opponent.

For those with Uncanny Dodge or Attack Reflex:
Make a DC22 reflex to be able to catch a ruby before anyone else

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

In a whisper he moves about and informs his allies: "Some Aspis in here, And Red Mantis. This could get ugly"

I presume by Attack Reflex you mean Combat Reflexes. Sir Godfrey has Uncanny Dodge. I don't think the rest of us have either of those.

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

I don't like the look of this.

As the rubies scattered, Alvin shouts, "Get them!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
GM Reroll +3: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 3 = 25

Using my Reroll, because why not, it's fun.

Despite armor, size, and the crowd... Sir Godfrey is a man always ready to act, both with the reflexes in combat to strike any nearby foe and the uncanny talent to always be on the razor's edge.

Thus the moment the bag starts to be tossed he's already shoving people aside, putting one large plated boot on a table and launching off it in one massive stride to grab a gem in mid-air before it has time to be in reach of the crowd.

He hits the ground lightly and with the gem caught tight in a metal gauntlet which he puts over his shoulder towards where Riddywipple is hiding in his cloak. "Hold this, little fellow, but don't eat it and get down."

Then he pulls his large sword off his back and sets it at the ready across his body. "Have at thee! I promise not to completely break any of you who try to steal from me."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Sir Godfrey quickness makes him catch a ruby as they flies from the hand of the emissary ! He becomes an immediate targets of two red mantis associate you seems to have seen him cath it.

Among the scuffle of the hopefuls scrambling for as many rubies as they can grab you can tries to notice the faint shimmer of a ruby from among the mass of legs and muddy boots With a DC20, though getting and holding onto it proves an entirely different challenge, as anyone who manages to get hold of a ruby becomes an immediate target.

The crush of people in the tavern makes movement difficult, and while the tavern does not count as difficult terrain for purposes of movement or skill checks, the sheer number of combatants prevents any creature from moving more than its speed in a single round.
Trying to find a ruby is a move action, to pick it up is also a move action (another character can do it)

Round 1 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
Amina
Lem

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

Riddywipple stays in Godfrey's backpack, guarding his rubies for him. "Just hand them to me! I'll keep them safe!"

Effectively Total Defense with Godfrey's rubies.

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

"We must move quickly if we are to get these rubies!"

Standard Action
Alvin casts Haste on the whole party.

Move Action
He looks around for a ruby, pointing it out if he sees one.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Non-Action
He steps back out of the line of fire.

HASTE IS UP!

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Going to want to know the race of baddies by my turn, If necessary kn Local DC 10 vs Humans: 1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) - 2 + 4 = 17

Sovereign Court

Female (Channels 1/7 6d6) { airwalk, oill of daylight, Shield of Faith+3} Human AC(22)/T13/F21/ CMD14 | |HP56 |Fort:+7;Ref:+3;Will+10 | Percept.+4|Init.+0|Female Human (SoF+3

Wow, I cannot believe I forgot all about this opening chaos from the first time. I am glad I am playing the pregen and not playing up with my level 5 now :-

Oh this is dreadfully confusing. Just grab the rubies? Is that all? Lasaraleen calls out, not comfortable with the crowds pushing around.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

The two Red Mantis now aware of Sir Godfrey hability to act quickly decides to attacks his companion, hoping to get him give them the ruby.

Both shoot with a dart before moving and drawing their weapons and engage the sarenite.

Dart vs Kira: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
damages: 1d4 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5, 4, 4, 3, 6) = 27
Dart vs Amina: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
damages: 1d4 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (2, 2, 3, 6, 1) = 20
Confirm vs Amina: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damages: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

They are human


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Only one dart hit Amina.

Round 1 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
Amina
(-25HP + Fortitude DC24 vs Poison or lose 2d3 Str)
Lem

Round 2 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
Amina
Lem

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Hands off the holy types."

5ft step SE
Free action pull bow from Efficient Quiver
Full round attack, primary target the one on the right switching to the other one if he goes down.

Including: Point Blank Shot +1 to hit/dmg, Deadly Aim -3 to hit/+6 to dmg, Haste +1 to hit 1 extra attack, Favored Enemy Human +4 to hit/dmg, Precise and Improved Precice Shot no penalties for firing, Rapid Shot and Manyshot

Manyshot: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 4 = 24 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 = 23 and dmg: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17
Haste: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 4 = 20 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 4 = 18
Shot #1: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 4 = 20 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16
Shot #2: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 = 15 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 4 = 23

Wow! Off to a bad start.

Hugsy will remain outside.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Unless Ragnar has quick draw, it's a move action to retrieve your bow from the efficient quiver.

Ragnar aims at one of the assaillant Red 23 damages and hit him in the shoulder.

I'm not yet able to move the ennemy in contact on the map. One is in front of Sir Godfrey, the other one in front of Amina.

Silver Crusade

| Speed 30ft | Smite Evil: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7 |2nd: 5/6 | 3rd: 4/4 | Lay on Hands (2/4) | Claws 6/6 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor | HP: 78/78 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 26 | F: +13, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +6 | Perc: +2, SM: -2

Amina Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Star Reroll: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 4 = 28 Let's not get poisoned in round one of a special.

We can hold them off! Get the gems!

Resisting the poison, Amina quickly readies her falchion Quick Draw and begins hacking at the cowards who used poison against her.

Haste, Power Attack
Primary: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 17 Probably doesn't hit, but just in case
Damage: 2d4 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 + 6 = 22
Iterative: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 12
Haste: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 - 2 = 14

Still caught off guard, she prays to Sarenrae, both for healing and to guide her strikes better.
Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 1

*Shakes fist at dice gods*

Sovereign Court

Female (Channels 1/7 6d6) { airwalk, oill of daylight, Shield of Faith+3} Human AC(22)/T13/F21/ CMD14 | |HP56 |Fort:+7;Ref:+3;Will+10 | Percept.+4|Init.+0|Female Human (SoF+3

Lasaraleen takes a quick look at Amina and thinks she survived the slash for now.

assuming 5' step is possible without provoking...she steps back, casts 'hold person' on the uninjured Red Mantis (DC16 Will) and then draws her scimitar.

By Sarenrae, cease this attack on us or face the consequences!


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The Red Mantis stops moving.

Liberty's Edge

M HP: 62/66 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD:17 | F:+6+2, R:+9+2, W:+7+2 (+2v Fear, +4 v bard,sonic,language-dep)| Init: +2+2 | Perc: +2 SM: +10+2 | Speed 20 +20 | Bardic Perf: 20/27 | Spells: 1st 4/6 |2nd: 1/4 | 3rd: -/2 | Active Conditions: Heroism,

Lem looks about frantically, trying to find any gems.
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Ragnar, Alvin, help me find these gems! I can't see anything from down here, but I'm in a good position to grab one! Point them out if you see any!"

Lem gets ready to pounce on a gem if one of his compatriots points one out ready an action. Lem will also keep an eye out for whether he spots anyone else grabbing a gem/has a gem i.e. someone looking to have Suggestion cast on them....

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Sir Godfrey's eyes flicker over the room as he's preparing for his standoff with the dart shooter. Something red glitters nearby as he glances over his shoulder. He calls out to the halfling. "Lem! Check by your feet, 2 o'clock!"

Then he sets his stance and takes a tight strike at his opponent, being careful to avoid harming any bystanders. He has standards after all. "Face me and my shadow, you cowardly fiend!

Move to search for a ruby, standard to attack the still moving Red Mantis

+3 Adamantine Greatsword(Power Attack, Haste): 1d20 + 18 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 18 - 3 + 1 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (2, 3) + 21 = 26

Scarab Sages

Incorporeal Undead | HP 48/48 | AC 15 | T 15 | FF 12 | CMD 22 | Fort +8 | Ref +6 | Will +7 | Incorporeal, +2 vs Channel, +4 vs positive energy | Init: +2 | Perception +8 (Darkvision) | Atk +11 (1d6 str)
Active Spells:
Prayer, Haste

On cue from Sir Godfrey's words his shadow separates from him and slides into the floor, rising up a moment later in a flanking position behind the red Mantis Godfrey was attacking.

It reaches out with one dark hand to strike at the Mantis.

Move action to reposition, standard to touch attack

Creepy Shadow Touch Attack(Flank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Cree[y Shadow Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Sir Godgrey hit hard the still - but for how long? - Red mantis while his shadow weakens her.

Round 2 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
Amina
Lem

Dark Archive

Gnome Illusionist (CORE) 11 | HP 127/112 | AC 16* | T 12 | FF 15* | CMD 14 | F +10 | R +7 | W +10 | +2 vs. illusion, +2 vs. death effects, +1 vs. curse effects | Init +7 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +0 | Blinding Ray 10/11 | Invisibility Field 10/11 | Reroll 1/1 | Active Spells: False Life (15 hp), Mage Armor(*), Overland Flight

Standard Action
Alvin thinks the party will have this well in hand soon. He casts Overland Flight on himself.

Move Action
He moves to the ceiling to both get away from conflict and get a better view of rubies.

Remember: Haste

Dark Archive

Faerie Dragon Familiar | HP 66/51 | AC 27* | T 16 (20 incorporeal)* | FF 23* | CMD 15 | F +7 | R +9 | W +12 | improved evasion | Init +3 | Perc +16 | Sense Motive +2 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Spells: Level 1: 6/6 | Active Spells: False Life (15 temps), Mage Armor (*)

Move Action
Riddywipple peeks his head out to search quickly for a ruby.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
"Over there, over there!" He points one out.

Standard Action
He protects himself. Total Defense.

Remember: Haste


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Roll (will): 1d20 ⇒ 11

The held Red Mantis recover his senses while her comrade tries to hit Sir Godfrey.

Short sword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damages: 1d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 2 = 7
Short sword 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damages: 1d6 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5

But she miss him completely !


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Round 2 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
Amina
(-20HP)
Lem (got a ruby)

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"Let's stop people from killing us then worry about the gems."
"Although... Hugsy! Get in here!"

Hugsy will double move.

I will full attack starting with the enemy on the right.

Including: Point Blank Shot +1 to hit/dmg, Deadly Aim -3 to hit/+6 to dmg, Haste +1 to hit 1 extra attack, Favored Enemy Human +4 to hit/dmg, Precise and Improved Precice Shot no penalties for firing, Rapid Shot and Manyshot

Manyshot: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 4 = 35 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16 and dmg: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 4 = 16
Haste: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 4 = 38 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 4 = 21
Shot #1: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 4 = 28 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17
Shot #2: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 4 = 33 for dmg if hit: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

With a first shoot, the first one falls while the last shoot put into uncounsciousness the second ennemy.

We are still on rounds

GM only:

Round: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Round 2 (bold may act)
Alvin
Bad boys
Ragnar
Lasaraleen
Sir Godfrey
(got a ruby)
Amina (-20HP)
Lem (got a ruby)

1 to 50 of 437 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS][Private] GM Ilmakis Blood under Absalom CORE level 8-9 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.