GM Dak - Mummy's Mask

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Empty Graves
Part 1: And Lo, The Dead Shall Rise

PANIC LEVEL: 13

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Oathday, 26th of Pharast, 4714
Current Day: Oathday, 2nd of Gozren, 4714


951 to 1,000 of 2,907 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Why do we need to kill them anyways?” Fitliss asks, idly swiping his finally lit torch at the swarm. ”They’re kinda cute.”

Torch (improvised weapon?): 1d20 ⇒ 71d2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I have no clue if I did that right.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Irakelesh swings his torch at the swarm. "Cute? Fitliss, you need to get out a bit more if you think this is cute."

torch@swarm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
damage = 1 if it's a hit

Fitliss, for attacking with a torch I think it is 1d20 + BAB + STR and the damage is always 1 if you hit.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"Hm...", Ai'sha ponders, after seeing how inneffective her attack is. "Can I borrow a torch from someone?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

"There is one extra in my pack, take it." Aliva nods towards her pack as she is lighting her torch.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha will pick up a torch and cast Spark to light it.


Aliva and Ai'sha both retrieve torches and light them.

Irakelesh brings his torch down amidst the bug horde and destroys a number of them. Fitliss also attacks the swarm, but only a few of the insects are hit.

G'nock glances backwards, then shoulders his bow and runs back to the death dog. "Somebody come help!

The swarm sways around before heading toward Fitliss, nearly burying him with thousands of tiny biting scarabs! 6 points of damage, and please roll a Fort save

GM Screen:

1d4 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"Oww! Never mind, that doesn't tickle anymore and I definitely see why we need to kill them!" Assuming the failed save doesn't interfere with this, Fitliss hastily backs 5-foot step out of the swarm before laying a hand on himself and murmuring a quick prayer to Iomedae.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

I assume we're all up again.

Irakelesh winces as Fitliss is set upon by the beetles. He jumps to his side and swing his torch in a wide sweeping arc. "Get out of here!" he shouts at the mindless mass of bugs.

torch@swarm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Fitliss, you're good. Fort save is for later. :) And yes, Irakelesh, you're correct. You are up again, sorry for the confusion.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha aproaches the swarm and swings the torch at it.

"Burn!"

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

"Just burn them quickly before they mar Irakelesh's complexion more than that brand did."

Torch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock realizes now how the others are dealing with the swarm -- clever ... "Does anyone have another torch?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Irakelesh looks at G'nock in mock shock and dismay. "You don't have a torch? What kind of adventurer doesn't carry a torch?" He dances around the beetle swarm, trying to avoid them getting on him then continues. "How about if you wrap some cloth around your tail and light it on fire? That would act like a torch." Irakelesh hops from one foot to another, a broad grin on his face as if he is enjoying the encounter with the beetles.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"Well, you know, some people don't need to light torches like cavemen when they want light.", Ai'sha banters back.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"What's wrong with cavemen? In fact, I know I've seen you hanging out with a few cavemen back at home. Remember that one hairy guy who kept pinching at you? What was his name? Grunder? or Krunder? or something like that"

Irakelesh keeps moving and swinging his torch at the beetles trying to sweep them all away.

"Oh, Aliva, I'm not worried about my complexion. There's not much that can harm this pretty face." Irakelesh stops for a moment in a pose with his face turned up and a broad smile on it.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Pinching? That is rather strange. You two must have been good friends for him to be so comfortable around you Ai’sha,” Fitliss remarks, a little puzzled.


The group continues attacking the swarm of scarabs with torches, and the number of bugs is dwindling, but they still pose a threat!

Almost as if they sense G'nock lacks a way to harm them, the scarabs head in his direction dealing 1 point of damage, and a Fort save please..

The swarm looks like it has shrunk by around 30% - continue the way you're going and you will likely disperse it in ~3 rounds.

Your side is up.

GM Screen:
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha tries to burn the swarm once again.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Confirm?: 1d20 ⇒ 11

"I have no idea what he's talking about!", she says to Fitliss, embarrassed


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Torch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

are they AC 5 to hit?


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Irakelesh swings his torch at the bugs again.

torch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

G’nock, you are the other person Fitliss is linked to, so he will remove the damage you just took.

Fitliss continues merrily swinging his torch at the swarm. ”If you have no idea what he is talking about, why does Irakelesh know about it?”

Torch: 1d20 ⇒ 13


G'nock moves quickly away from the swarm. Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The rest of you gather around the scarabs and begin to bash away with your torches. Unfortunately, most of your attacks do not appear to have much effect on the swarm. As you watch, the swarm swerves one way, then another, then suddenly shoots forward into the courtyard. It covers the dead body of the death dog and begin devouring the carcass.

It's actually AC 18 to hit. And I was giving it a 20% chance of noticing the death dog corpse (high good for you), and I rolled a 15. The swarm does not appear to be concerned with you, and it's going to take a while (several hours, at least) for the swarm to finish with the death dog. The fight can be over if you choose to leave the swarm alone. What would you like to do?

GM Screen:

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d100 ⇒ 15
1d4 ⇒ 3


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

"I think we leave it alone for now, maybe once we find something to burn it more effectively?" ALiva backs more away from the dead dog.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"Sure, I don't want to deal with any more bugs...", Ai'sha looks away as the carcass is being devoured. "So...What do we explore next? I'm sure it'll be completely safe and have no dangers whatsoever."


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Were there anymore rooms that we haven't gone into? I think there were some staircases inside too."

GM, have we looked in all rooms on this main floor?


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Really?” Fitliss responds to Aliva’s claim of safety. ”Well that is too bad, now it is going to be boring. Anyways, I don’t remember this door, let’s go this way!” the gnome suggests enthusiastically, attempting a march towards the door they had exited barely a minute prior.


There are two buildings near you that you have not explored. Both are empty, save for a couple of cat skeletons.

There is another building on the opposite side of the estate with double doors. When opened, they lead to a 10' staircase leading down. The group notices various hieroglyphs that show this a some kind of family burial chamber.

After that, you still have the second story of the house to explore.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Do you mean animated cat skeletons or just normal cat skeletons that don't try to attack us? If they are animated, are we just hand-waving the encounters with them?

Other than the cat questions, I'm in favor of going upstairs before going downstairs. What about everyone else?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

"Shall we go up? See what else we can get to attack us up there?" Aliva says dryly while heading back to the house.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Up sounds good to me." Irakelesh, as always, responds eagerly.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Sounds good to me!” Fitliss adds exuberantly, following the others up the stairs.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"Hope we get a nice view of all the sand at least.", Ai'sha nods. "Lets go!"


You head up the stairs which split and turn back around the grand staircase to arrive in an open area on the second floor. There is a balcony wrapping around a twenty-foot-square opening in the floor, overlooking the inner courtyard below (where you fought the sand creature) and connecting the rooms of the second floor.

Above, a square skylight in the ceiling provides natural light to the ground floor and ventilation for the entire building.

Six different sets of doors lead off of this balcony.

Perception DC 20:
You see something moving behind one of the doors! Room B21 on the map

The cat skeletons were simply the remains of dead cats, not animated undead. But good question! :)

I have posted a map of the second floor in the shared folder.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Ok. So now what? Six doors to choose from. Any ideas?"

Irakelesh walks over to the balcony, his feet soundly lightly on the solid wooden floor. He peers over the banister at the area below then turns his head to look at the sky light. "You know, this looks like it would have been a nice place to live. A little small for what I'm used to. But nice."

He strides back to the group and waits for them to decide where to go next.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Go from the left and work our way around?" Aliva moves to the left most door


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"Agreed.", Ai'sha takes her place behind Aliva.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fitliss drifts over towards the others gathering by the far door, standing by Aliva, but paying more attention to the architecture and pretty much everything that obviously is of no danger to the party whatsoever.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Aliva nods at everyone and opens the door they are standing in front of, dropping her shield in a defensive stance.

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock g'nocks an arrow, and prepares for what might lie behind the door. Sorry for the long absence; work has been a bit intense.


A horrific screeching fills the air. Three blackened fiendish heads with wings where their ears should be and tentacles dangling from their chins fly around the room. Two of them turn toward the open door and head toward Aliva while the third opens it's fanged mouth and let's out an ear-piercing shriek.

Everyone please roll a Fort save DC 12. If you succeed, you may act as normal. The creatures are 10 feet from the door. Since this is tight, i'll get a map up tonight.

Fort save DC 12 Failure:
You are paralyzed for 3 rounds.

Knowledge (planes) DC 13


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Aliva shurgs off the creatures sonic attack, moving into the room to cover the others.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Irakelesh steps up behind Aliva as she opens the door. He is instantly assaulted with a shrill screech. He tries to cover his ears but is too slow. The wave of sonic energy freezes him in place.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Fitliss shuffles up behind Aliva, driving his spear deftly at one of the strange creatures. ”This is the weirdest house I’ve ever been in,” he declares conversationally. ”I mean, what’s with all the head monsters? I really want to know how all of these things got here.”

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Aliva, Ai'sha, and Fitliss seem unaffected by the screeching. Unfortunately, Irakelesh and G'nock are frozen stiff by the horrific sound.

Aliva moves into the room and draws two of the creatures toward her. Both attempt to bite her, but they are unable to land their attacks.

The remaining creature moves up to Fitliss and bites him, dealing 4 points of damage. I think you get an AoO? Also, please roll a Fort save.

PCs are up again - Aliva has two on her inside the room, and there is another one in melee with Fitliss (it's also injured). Irakelesh and G'nock are both unable to move for a couple more rounds!

DM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Fitliss grins, delivering a stab to the thing even as it bites him. ”Ow, I’m kinda beat up,” he declares, (assuming he can still do so after the failed save) shuffling out of the fray to lay a healing hand upon himself.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Aliva swings her morning star at the closest creature.

Morning Star: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

any knowledge checks?


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 8/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha steps closer to Fitliss and swings her scimitar at the creature who just bit him.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Aliva Kulthane wrote:

Aliva swings her morning star at the closest creature.

[dice=Morning Star]1d20+3;1d8+2

any knowledge checks?

Sorry, it was in the first post when the door was opened - Knowledge planes DC 13.

Giving one more day then I'll move forward.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Being that I'm frozen, is there anything I can do?


Aliva brings her morningstar around and bashes one of the monsters in the side of its head, sending it wobbling through the air. Ai'sha moves in to cover Fitliss and scores a deep wound with her scimitar. A gurgling cry leaks out of the vargouille as it slides off her blade and crashes to the ground dead!. Fitliss uses the brief respite to heal himself.

The vargouilles around Aliva swoop in to bite her, the one she hit is apparently still recovering and it misses her completely, but the other manages to sink it's fangs into her arm. 2 points of damage, anda Fort save please

Many apologies about the delay. Kids decided sleeping through the night wasn't that cool, so I've been exhausted for several days now and just crashing when I would usually be able to post updates.

Irakelesh, unfortunately, no. Only one more round of doing nothing. Everybody else can act. Aliva has 2 in melee with her, 1 is wounded.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d4 ⇒ 2

951 to 1,000 of 2,907 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pendrak's Half-Dead City Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.