GM Dak - Mummy's Mask

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 2: Empty Graves
Part 1: And Lo, The Dead Shall Rise

PANIC LEVEL: 13

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Oathday, 26th of Pharast, 4714
Current Day: Oathday, 2nd of Gozren, 4714


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,916 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Aliva moves her shield to block the one that bite her, swining at the injured flying creature.

Morning Star: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 141d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Irakelesh, help out!"

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

From the corner of his eye, G'nock can see the rest of the party in trouble. Unable to move, he panics ... the others are competent enough fighters, what if they're ovewhelmed? These loathsome beasts could eat him at their leasure. He could die here, far away from his people. Never has his body betrayed him so. He stuggles break these unseen bindings.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha will move to help Aliva. Flanking, if possible

"I don't think he's in condition to help us right now!"

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5+2 if flanking
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

She swings wide, missing the flying creature.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fitliss sets his stance and strikes out at one of the heads that had attacked Aliva.

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Aliva, Ai'sha and Fitliss continue to press their attack, but the nimble vargouilles manage to dodge most of their efforts. Fitliss finally catches one with a thrust, impaling the monster through the eye. With a shudder, the vargouille goes limp and slides off the end of the spear.

The remaining creature continues attacking Aliva, but it cannot get close enough to cause any trouble while being attacked from all sides.

Your side is up - Irakelesh and Gnock are free to act. There is only one creature left, completely uninjured.

DM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Suddenly the paralysis holding Irakelesh fades. He stumbles forward half a step and then recovers his balance. "Finally! I can move!" He steps towards the one remaining creature and swings his morningstar at it.

morningstar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

"Glad to see you back fighting Irakelesh" Aliva says as she swings at the flying creature again.

Morning Star: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"So you were just slacking off, eh?", Ai'sha strikes again.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Wait, Irakelesh, G’nock, why weren’t you fighting? I thought these creatures had done something to you, but now Ai’sha is saying you were slacking?” The poor gnome appears to have a headache from trying to sort it out.

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 121d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Well, believe it or not, I thought you guys would be able to handle this situation without me. So I decided to just stand still, without moving, not even my eyes, and watch. But then when I saw you were having such trouble, I realized I'd have to save the day. Again." Irakelesh grins, hops from foot to foot, then twirls his morningstar in a loop over his head with a flourish.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

I love this party


As the paralysis holding Irakelesh and G'nock fades, the combined party is more than enough to handle the lone remaining vargouille. Now that combat is finished, you have time to look around.

Dust blankets this room. The walls, once brightly painted to depict life in ancient Wati, are now faded. A smaller room or alcove takes up the northeast section of the room; it was once closed off by a wooden door that since has rotted away, leaving only its hinges in the doorframe. A strong, cloying odor of decay pervades the room.

A search of the room turns up a small darkwood chest. The chest is locked, but it is surprisingly heavy. It is roughly a foot high and deep, and two feet long.

-----

The next room, continuing around from the left...

Most of the contents of this room have fallen apart or otherwise been reduced to dust from the dry desert air. A foul, cloying smell fills the room.

A quick search of the room finds an ancient lacquered board and a bag of colored stones beneath the debris of what was apparently a set of shelves. This discovery appears to be some kind of game, but none of you are familiar with it, though somebody in town might recognize it.

-----

You are obviously fine if you want to heal up, check inventory,
etc. Let me know if you want to do anything different. After these two rooms, you have three more to go.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

After the flying, ugly creature is destroyed Irakelesh helps search the room. On finding the heavy chest he takes a few moments to examine it for traps.

Perception,trapfinding: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

"Well, I can't really tell if this chest is trapped or not. But if I was to guess, I'd say it's not. So I'm going to try and open it." He sets it down then finds his tools in his bag.

Disable device: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Unfortunately he is unable to do much more than scratch the dark surface of the chest around the keyhole. "Well I can't get this. Maybe someone else can. G'nock? You wanna try?"

Skipping to the next room.

Irakelesh is drawn to the game. "This looks interesting. We should take it back into town to see if anyone knows about it."

Any knowledge test I can use to maybe identify it?


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fitliss eyes the chest after Irakelesh fails to open it. "If it didn't look like it might be worth something itself, I would ask for an axe," but shrugs, and moves on to inspect the game. "I don't have any idea how to play this either," he states. "Who wants to play it with me?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Aliva stays back a bit to watch the doors and for anything that may come for the group will they are finding items.

"If it is an ancient game it may be worth something if not we can get someone to teach us the rules." The chest she just smiles as Irakelesh fiddles with his tools and the chest.

you can take a 20 I am pretty sure

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock walks slowly to the chest, aware of his legs flexing, the feeling of his feet adapting to the floor as he walks, his head movements as he glances left and right. All gifts ... his panic subsides quickly, and he marvels at Irakelesh's apparent nonchalance.

He grunts; the chest seems less than complex. Removing his tools, he sets to work.

disable device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"We can probably try to play later, thats assuming we found all the pieces we would need.", Ai'sha says, pointing to the game. "Where should we go next?


The chest pops open with a soft click. Inside you find the following items:

A white Osirian wedding robe
Several pieces of inexpensive jewelry
A strand of freshwater pearls
A small sealed tube that appears to be some kind of cosmetic*
A long scroll tube holds a rolled-up papyrus painting of a young woman

Perception DC 12 or Knowledge (history) DC 15 (or similar):
The robe is very fragile, and may disintegrate if handled. A spell like mending or make whole would restore it enough to be handled.

OOC: The cosmetic radiates magic

OOC: Irakelesh, unfortunately, it's just not something that lends itself to identification. That said, the person who purchases it probably won't know anything about it either, they will likely want it as a collectible or novelty rather than for its entertainment value.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"That robe looks very well maintained," Fitliss declares after the briefest of glances, moving on quickly. "I wonder if any of it is magical?" The gnome casts his spell of detection, and soon focuses in on the cosmetic. "Hey! This is magical!" he declares triumphantly. A beat of silence, and then: "I have no clue what it does."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Just to be clear, you mean makeup, or something along those lines, right?


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
spell craft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"It might be a bit to big for you Fitliss, we could have it taken in." Aliva's stern face softens a bit.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Woohoo! Look at this stuff." Irakelesh examines each of the items remarking about how interesting everything is.

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Is that enough?

As he starts to pick up the robe he quickly stops. "Wait! No one touch this! It is very fragile. Just touching it will cause it to fall apart. Does anyone have a spell for mending or fixing things? That would probably stabilize it."


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"You're right. I don't know any spells for that, unfortunately."

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock puts away his tools, and does a brief routine inspection of his bowstring for any signs of wear. Seeing none, he waits at ready for any further trouble while his party inspects their (rather spare, it seems to him) gains thus far.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"If no one has a way of preserving this robe then we should leave it here. Maybe we can buy a scroll in town to fix this up and come back for it."

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

"Is the robe magical, Irakelesh, or just another distraction?


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"No, not magical. But very fragile. The threads themselves seem about to disintegrate. I just think it will be valuable to the right person."

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock shrugs; later is for later; they should move on. He looks around the room, and notices the rest of the party all soundlessly gazing at the robe, glassy-eyed, unmoving. Have they succumbed to the same powerlessness that effected him earlier?
Is everyone all right?


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

"As good as ever. I believe we have three rooms to go."

I'm a bit lost about what we've already explored or not, so I leave it to someone else to pick the next room.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Are you sure there are just three?” Fitliss asks. ”There might be secret doors!” he declares. ”Take this pillar for example! What is inside? You can’t tell, can you! Secret door builders are tricksy I tell you!” Upon finishing, he begins carefully examining a nearby pillar.

Won’t bother rolling, he’d never find it even if it did exist.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Irakelesh points to Fitliss. "See? That's doing some thinking. Secret doors are one of my favorites. Back at home, the palace had lots of secret doors and hidden passages. More than once I found expeditious use of them." He smiles a mischievous grin.

"But for now, let's move onto the next room that we do know about."

I think we've been in B25 and B21 so I'd say off to B22.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

Irakelesh looks around the room at his companions who seem to be stuck in some sort of inactive fugue. "Hey guys!" he shouts at them, inwardly hoping to see some of them jump, especially Ai'sha. "Hey. Are we going to move on to the other rooms here?"


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Aliva follows after Irakelesh not wanting anyone to go alone.

"Lets look a head"


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Ai'sha lets out a high pitched scream as she is scared away from her daydreaming.

"You...Idiot!", she follows Aliva and Irakelesh.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”We are coming back to find that secret doors, right?” Fitliss asks, hurrying at a somewhat comical run to catch up as the others begin to leave him behind.

Grand Lodge

| Longbow +9 (bow), 1d8+3 | Mace +6, 1d8+2 Male Lizardfolk Fighter 4 | HP 38/38 | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | FS +7, RS +4, WS +1 (+2 vs. charm/compulson) | Init +3 | Perc +2 | Trap Finder

G'nock trails reluctantly behind, checking behind and around for threats as they go. His seagoing uncle had spoken of ships becalmed. Better forward into an uncertain future than pondering the nuances of decaying robes.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

The group moves back out into the hall near the balcony, and continues to the next room, opening the door to an office.

A large lacquered desk, now in poor condition, sits in the center of this room. Bookcases stand along the eastern and southwestern walls, sagging as if ready to collapse at any moment. Their shelves have fallen out, and the piles of dust at their bases are all that remains of books and scrolls that failed to survive the long years. The lacquered wooden frames of what might once have been divans stretch along the north and south walls, but their upholstery has disintegrated. A single door in the western wall is the room's only exit.

Perception checks:
Irakelesh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
A'isha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Aliva Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fitliss Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
G'nock Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Aliva locates a brass key in one of the desk drawers. With nothing else of interest in this office, the group continues to what seems be a guest room.

The walls of this room are decorated with a scenic vista of a river valley running through a desert, resplendent with verdant life and greenery near the shores. Only a few pieces of lacquered furniture remain in the chamber. A faint, musty odor of decomposed wood and fabric lingers in the air. A set of doors stands in the western wall.

The body of a human man lies on its back in the small alcove to the east. Unlike most of the remains in the house, the body is only a year old, and its flesh is in a state of advanced decomposition. The head is missing.

Heal Checks:

Ai’sha Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Aliva Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Fitliss Heal: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
G’nock Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Irakelesh Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Aliva and G'nock look carefully at the body and notice that the head was pulled off rather than having been cleanly decapitated.

Perception checks:
Irakelesh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
A'isha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Aliva Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Fitliss Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
G'nock Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Irakelesh and Aliva also point out clumps of hair on the floor beneath the body's headless shoulders.

Aliva Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Aliva realizes that this man was the victim of a vargouille, and likely turned into one of the ones you fought.

The body carries no valuables except for a simple gold wedding ring worth 50 gp. An inscription in Osiriani inside the band of the ring reads, "To Akar from Panhet, Love Eternal."

With nothing else to find in the guest room, the group proceeds to the final room upstairs, seemingly the master bedroom.

This spacious room has entrances in the southern and eastern walls. The aged remains of dressers, a large bed, and a divan lie in ruins. The husk of large hornet's nest, gray, papery, and devoid of life, occupies one corner of the ceiling. The spaces in the northeast and northwest corners appear to be closets. Their wooden doors have all but fallen off their hinges, and heaps of disintegrated fabric mingle on the floor. Between the closets stands a single lacquered dresser covered in dust.

Perception checks:
Irakelesh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
A'isha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Aliva Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Fitliss Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Selassie Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
G'nock Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

After looking around a bit, Irakelesh notices that the dresser is false. It's a secret door, of sorts! The dresser has no actual drawers, only handles on the front face, which is carved to look like drawers. The entire fixture is more akin to a box with an open back. When placed against the wall, the dresser conceals a bronze chest, which is revealed when the dresser is pulled away from the wall. The chest is tarnished, but otherwise in perfect working order.

Aliva notices that there is a piece of cloth hanging out from the hornet's nest in the corner.

Lastly, the entire party feels as if they are being watched.


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Hey guys. Check this out." Irakelesh pulls away the false dresser and reveals a bronze chest. Irakelesh bends close to the chest and examines it for traps.

Perception,trapfinding: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Irakelesh doesn't see any traps on the chest, but he does think that the bronze key that Aliva found would probably fit it.


Specials:
Blessings 3/4 day, Fervor (1d6,0/3 day),
HP 29 AC 19, T 10, FF 19 /CMD 13/F+5/Ref+1/Will+6/Ini+4/Perc+6

Perception to see if someone is here with us: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Feels like someone is watching over my shoulder, be careful there Irakelesh it could be behind there. Whatever it is" Aniva readies her Morning Star


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Aliva doesn't see anything, but the uneasy feeling remains.


Female Human Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 4 | hp 34/34 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | F +3, R +8, W +6 | Init +3 | Per +4 | BPerformance: 7/12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/4; 2nd - 0/2

Perception also: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Nope, I think its just that we've been here for too long."


Male Human (Keleshite) Investigator / 4 | HP 28/28 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | FS +2 RS +6 WS +3 | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 for ancient osirian secret doors)

"Well, Ai'sha, you should stop just gabbing over there and come over and use that key." Irakelesh tosses a teasing smile at the redhead.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

So, what's next? Open the chest? Go back downstairs?


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

"I know I am not very aware of my surroundings, but even I feel like we are being watched," Fitliss says cheerfully, seemingly more excited than worried by the prospect. "Ooh... maybe they are watching us magically! That could explain how we can all feel it, magic can have strange effects even when cast properly! Like that time I tried to heal a girl with a horrible wasting illness and it seemed to speed it up. That was weird." With that, Fitliss casts around the room a second time, his hand straying to the symbol of Iomedae around his neck.

Detect Magic Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Fitliss waves his arms and says the appropriate incantation, and begins to scan the room for magic. He immediately detects the presence of a magical aura, and after about 20 seconds he can pinpoint that there are two separate auras: the weaker is faint enchantment and abjuration coming from the hornet's nest in the northeast corner of the room, while a slightly stronger aura of faint illusion is coming from the northwest corner of the room.

Because neither object or creature emanating the auras can be seen by Fitliss, he cannot pinpoint the exact spell or effect.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Fitliss hobbles over to the northwest corner, explaining his findings to his companions even as he pokes his spear around in the general area of the illusion.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

As Fitliss makes his way over to the corner of the room, he hears a voice in his head, a deep voice with a strange accent:

"You shouldn't go poking around where you don't belong. Anyway, you should just go down and investigate the mausoleum, that's where you'll surely find what you're looking for."

Fitliss, make a Will save.


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fitliss blinks, cutting off midway through his explanation. ”Hey guys, there’s this voice in my head saying that we should go look around in the mausoleum and there’s nothing up here. I think it’s got the right idea.” he says, turning towards the door and beginning to hobble out.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Stealth:
1d20 + 17 - 20 ⇒ (2) + 17 - 20 = -1

Perception checks:

Irakelesh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
A'isha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Aliva Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fitliss Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
G'nock Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Fitliss is overcome with an overwhelming urge to take the disembodied voice up on it's suggestion.

But just as he turns to potentially head off downstairs, something appears in the corner that the gnome had been going to investigate.

A disembodied and bestial head covered in lashing hair and curling horns lurks in the corner, a look of devious glee on its face.

Knowledge check:
Aliva Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

No one has any clue as to what this creature might be.

Initiative:

Irakelesh Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
A'isha Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Aliva Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Fitliss Initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10
G'nock Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Monster Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

The monster vanishes.

Stealth:
1d20 + 19 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 19 + 20 = 54

Perception checks:

Irakelesh Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
A'isha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Aliva Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Fitliss Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
G'nock Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

No one is sure where the creature has gone.

G'nock, Ai'sha, Aliva, Fitliss, and Irakelesh can take turns, but they don't really know where the creature is. Fitliss will remain under a compulsion to go down to the mausoleum for the next 6 hours; the spell suggestion was cast on him, seemingly telepathically.

Map


Male Gnome Oracle 3 | hp 12/22 | AC 17 | Fort+3 | Ref+1 | Will+1 | +2 vs illusion, +4 vs death effect | Perception -2 | Active Links: Aliva, Ai'sha, Irakelesh
Spent Resources:
1st: 3/6; Channel 0/4

”Huh, that’s odd,” Fitliss says, glancing over his shoulder for a second glimpse even as his shuffling feet take him out the door.

Full move 30 feet. By my count he should be at the top of the stairs

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,916 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pendrak's Half-Dead City Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.