Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


701 to 750 of 5,004 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Deseri wrote:
Deseri cocks her head to the side at his question, Luck does happen. She is quiet for a monument while she drinks. You made it sound like you were sneaky. Is that what city people do? Over embellish?

"I thought I was sounding exactly the opposite of sneaky" - Polux laughs again - "I went there to have a look I admit, but no sneakiness was needed"

At the 'city people' reference he shrugs - "I know my way around, though I'm not sure I am a 'city person' - had never really thought that much about it. Maybe you are right - and you would call yourself... A country person?"

Deseri wrote:
Turel doesn't love the bosom! What am I to do! Sorry a reply took so long Polux. I didn't see it.

I will refrain from offering my opinion on bosoms. For the time being...

Kito the Scholar wrote:
Smiling, Kito sits back down at the table. "Well, that went better than I had feared. Much more friendly than another group I tried to join." Looking around, she asks "So, what is the current topic of discussion?"

"Well, I guess we were talking about ourselves - I seem to be a city person" - he winks at Deseri - "And Deseri here was about to tell me what type of person she is"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Everyone has an a opinion on bosums! And you said you spied on people.

Deseri smiles widely at Polox. I am a desert person.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

It is a manner of speaking... Or not :P

"How so?" - Polux presses on.


Inactive

Aleris offers her hand to Ra-Khefer when introduced by Harmose and listens curiously as the two converse.

He's...a dwarf, but not like any that I've ever seen. Same for the armor, too. Sounds like he'd be good to have along in case we run into more trouble...

"Um...not to be rude, but you mentioned you were from the Pahmet clans? Is Pahmet a name or some other kind of designation or...?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

He plays so coy ;)

I was born into the desert, I am even named for it. Though I suppose I am no longer a desert person since I have abandoned my namesake for the city. She pauses for a moment looking a little sad but she cocks her head to the side with a small smiles. [/b]I suppose I no longer know who I am. Should we both join this group we will find out who I am now.[/b]


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Ra-Khefer must be busy with real life issues. In the interest of moving us forward to actual gameplay, let's do both his interview and Deseri's simultaneously in different time streams. 'Cause we can do that in PbP!

RA-KHEFER'S INTERVIEW

"I'm curious about the Pahmet clans as well, if you're willing to tell us about them."

DESERI'S INTERVIEW

Harmose clears his throat, interrupting the conversation between the clearly flirting Polux and Deseri. As the oracle turns, Harmose is momentarily distracted by the girl's stunning bosom. Then he recovers, and looks up, belatedly meeting her gaze.

Smooth, Harmose. Very smooth.

"Did you wish to interview as well, Miss--?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Yes add to the confusion by doubling up Hamy. And thank you for making me smile, I needed that.

She glares at the man who interrupts her conversation and then seems to drift off. Deseri. And you name?

You jealous darling?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

DESERI INTERVIEW

"Please call me, Harmose." He offers her his dazzling trademark smile and offers her a hand up from the table. "These are my companions, Aleris and Turel. Did I hear you say that you were from the desert? Turel is from one of the desert tribes too."

After she is seated, he asks her, "May I ask you what your interest in both our team and the Necropolis is?"
_________________________

Deseri wrote:
Yes add to the confusion by doubling up Hamy. And thank you for making me smile, I needed that.

Happy to oblige!

Deseri wrote:
You jealous darling?

Not the jealous type. Harmose is fully happy to watch others in romantic entanglements. It amuses him.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

DESERI AKA THE BOSOM INTERVIEW

Deseri takes the offered hand and leans into it to take the weight off of her leg. Once seated she pauses to decide how best to answer. Well you are looking for people to travel with and I have decided I do not like traveling alone. I have been told that little clans like yours tend to form families and I..I miss having that

She pauses for a moment and then shakes her head lightly. As to the Necropolise, well, it sounds interesting. I love old things and those tombs are ancient.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

DESERI'S INTERVIEW (BOSOM COMPANIONS?)

Harmose lets her lean upon him, but blinks at the family comment. She sees us as a clan? Huh. So does Turel.

"It's true that people who work closely enough become a family." Harmose says, carefully restricting his gaze to her face. I'm going to get a crick in my neck at this rate.

"Do you have any special skills you want to tell us about?" Other than distracting me?


Inactive

As Deseri joins them at the table, Aleris smiles and offers her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

Wow, she's really pretty! She's got the same hair color as Nella...wait, her eyes look like Polux's? Is that a regional thing?

"You don't like traveling alone? That's a good a reason as any to seek companionship. And to be honest, it's kinda nice to meet someone else that's here for reasons other than to dig in the Necropolis...though I'm certainly happy to help those of us who are here for that reason!" she adds quickly.

She seems a little lonely, too.

"And you're right, traveling groups do tend to become like family to each other. I had that once before...and even though I left of my own free will, I missed it too. I understand where you're coming from."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Hmm...I am fairly skilled at opening things that are locked without a key. That should be helpful, though I do not having my thing for it anymore. But I will get some new ones once I have the chance. I pick up languages quickly and I do not need light to see. Oh and I can heal minor injures. She ends speaking with a smile on her cracked lips.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri smiles at the hand shake from the pretty Sylph. Pleased to meet you as well. To be fair I wasn't completely alone. A horse while a wonderful traveling companion is a poor conversationalist.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Deseri wrote:
I was born into the desert, I am even named for it. Though I suppose I am no longer a desert person since I have abandoned my namesake for the city. She pauses for a moment looking a little sad but she cocks her head to the side with a small smiles. I suppose I no longer know who I am. Should we both join this group we will find out who I am now.

"Self discovery is definitely an higher purpose I guess" - Polux interjects - "Though from what you have told me, I wouldn't say you abandoned anything - perhaps moved out of a less than comfortable situation someone was trying to push you into?" - and he is smiling again - "To return when you wish to deal with it on your own terms?"

As Harmose steps in, throat clearing and all, he decides to return his focus to the drink - "I guess you are up Deseri"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:
Polux wrote:
Deseri wrote:
I was born into the desert, I am even named for it. Though I suppose I am no longer a desert person since I have abandoned my namesake for the city. She pauses for a moment looking a little sad but she cocks her head to the side with a small smiles. I suppose I no longer know who I am. Should we both join this group we will find out who I am now.

"Self discovery is definitely an higher purpose I guess" - Polux interjects - "Though from what you have told me, I wouldn't say you abandoned anything - perhaps moved out of a less than comfortable situation someone was trying to push you into?" - and he is smiling again - "To return when you wish to deal with it on your own terms?

At the question Deseri falls silent. Lost in thought until the interruption.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

DESERI INTERVIEW

Harmose laughs at her line about horses being poor conversationalists, but then says, "Maybe it depends on how hard one listens." He strokes his little brown rabbit, who he's once again holding in his arms. Wenet looks up at him curiously, pushing her nose under his hand to get him to pet her again. "I often feel like Wenet is telling me all sorts of important things, if only I had the ability to hear them properly." He smiles encouragingly. "All of your abilities seem like useful talents to me. Turel, what do you think? Do you have any questions for Deseri?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel had been only partially paying attention to the conversation as when he first laid eyes on the female Garundi his gaze was drawn to her like a fly drawn to honey.

She is...beautiful...as Aleris is of the summer breeze she is of the desert sirocco. Flowing...caressing...What?

He looks up startled with a brief flash of guilt on his face before he manages to hide the look behind his custom stoic mask. He manages a smile on his face and replies, "Deseri, your presence here does me honor. You have the look of one far from home." He eyes her twisted leg closely. "What led you to this long unswept path?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
"If you're part of a special regiment designated to protect the Necropolis, what do you need our team for?"

Ra paused, clearly reluctant to speak.

"I... am no longer a soldier of the Regiment." He rasped out.
"My... previous career has provided me with a good deal of experience in dealing with the foul plague of undeath that seems to be attracted to the dead. I can be of considerable help there. I am also familiar with many of the standard traps used in tombs"
He shook his head sadly.
"In truth, my feelings are mixed at this expedition. It is nothing short of robbery against the sacred dead, and the whole thing rubs me the wrong way. But... the Ruby Prince is as a god upon the earth, and his word is law. I trust that there is some good that will come of it. I have to."
He plucked at the sleeve of his padded armor. The uniform of the town watch; roughly the same job and respect held by a modern mall cop.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Aleris wrote:
"Um...not to be rude, but you mentioned you were from the Pahmet clans? Is Pahmet a name or some other kind of designation or...?"
Harmose wrote:
"I'm curious about the Pahmet clans as well, if you're willing to tell us about them."

Ra drew himself up proudly.

"WE are the Pahmet. Our dwarven clans who reside in the Brazen peaks of southern Osirion. Our regiment holds the greatest trust of the Pharaoh, as we guard the great Necropolis of Sothis."
He snorted derisively.
"SOME call us 'Sand Dwarves'. Those people are fools."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

In an alternate timeline

Deseri smiles at Harmoses's comment, I have tried but she is a stubborn and silent creature. Nearly a month I tried. She listens very well though. I do not intend to sell her after she carried me here, I hope that isn't a deterrent in keeping me.

She fidgets once she notices Turel's gaze moves below the table. I was to be wed to a man I did not want. So I took a horse and fled.

Sense Motive DC15:

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 She is very uncomfortable with the subject and isn't telling everything.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

INTERVIEW WITH RA-KHEFER

Robbery against the sacred dead? Harmose thinks a moment. "You have a point. I'm hoping to do our excavations with respect, bringing past treasures to life, and preserving the information for future generations." He pauses. "However, we also need to sell some items to cover our expenses. Will this be a problem?"

INTERVIEW WITH DESERI

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Harmose raises an eyebrow. "Is there anything else you'd like to tell us, Deseri?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Ra-Khefer Interview

"Thank you for sharing," Aleris replies solemnly. "Unlike most of the folks here in the inn right now I'm not from around here and so there's a lot that I don't know about the local people and customs."

She smiles. "Your people have a great honor then, to guard the dead. And now I know what to call them, which means one less chance for me to make a fool of myself while I'm here. Always a good thing."

And one less chance for me to potentially lose some teeth, which is also a good thing, she silently adds.

Deseri Interview

"I don't see why it would - we already have Harmose's Wenet and potentially Ms. Kito's Thera too, so what's one more animal for the menagerie? Though I think your horse might prefer spending some time in a shaded stable instead of a dusty tomb," she chuckles. "Does she have a name?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Aleris' eyes follow Turel's gaze, noting the young woman's twisted and mangled leg, before settling on her face once more. "I'm sorry. I know that's the way of some peoples, but I can't imagine...well, I can't blame you for fleeing." She pauses. "Your leg, does it pain you very much?" she asks, her tone softer. "If you were to come with us, there would certainly be some climbing and walking involved. I think we can work around it if need be, but it would help us to know how much you're able to move it."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Interview with Ra-Khefer.

Turel eyes widen again on hearing the dwarf tale. Ahh, another piece of the puzzle reveals itself... He offers what he hopes is a reassuring smile. "Your concerns are not unusual...for I also share them. I too question the wisdom of the Ruby Prince's decree here. After seeing many of the other rival treasure hunter groups in action, my fears have not been relieved. Rest assured, we will respect the The Three Rules of the Necropolis."

Interview with Deseri.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Turel nods briefly before averting his gaze once again. She has secrets as yet unrevealed...as do we all. No need to pry further.

"I understand. We respect your decision here. I too know of the difficulty of taking a different path than one laid out for you to travel. I will not hold that against you." He nods in reply to Aleris' words. "Your leg however is another matter. Do you require assistance in traveling or will you be able to manage on your own?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri Interview

Under different scrutiny than she is used to Deseri blushed deeply and fidgets. No the horse has no name and I will keep her in the stables for a while so she can rest. And...I walk a little slower than most people but I can manage.

Her gaze drops to the table, In my flight from my clan the horses were spooked by the fire and one kicked my leg. I had to let it heal on its own since I could not return.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Kito the Scholar wrote:
Smiling, Kito sits back down at the table. "Well, that went better than I had feared. Much more friendly than another group I tried to join." Looking around, she asks "So, what is the current topic of discussion?"

Apparently still up for further conversation, Polux turns to Kito - "You had tried it before with other group? How did it go?" - he questions, pouring her a glass of wine.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With a small wince, she admits "All they wanted to know is if I could destroy things in big ball of fire."

Pausing a moment, she looks at Polux and adds "That isn't my sort of magic. Even if I were much more skilled, still that wouldn't be something I could do."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"There is some charm in 'destroying things with big balls of flame" - Polux laughs - "No finesse, but some raw charm"

Leaning forward, he follows up - "Is it intruding if I ask what is your sort of magic? Not destructive I assume then?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"I think this concludes our interviews." Harmose thanks all the candidates and pulls Aleris and Turel aside. "Who should we take? I must admit, I like all of them."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Chuckling, she says "I had not expected another interview quite so soon."

Switching languages, she answers you "أنا بدء من حكا."

Osiriani:
I am an initiate of heka. That term is usually used by witches or some shaman.

"Most of my magic concentrates on either giving aid to allies or putting enemies at a disadvantage. There are a few elemental damage spells I could learn, but most of them are outside the field I study."

"What of yourself? What are your skills?" As she asks this, she reaches for another of the delicious treats at the table.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"ا حديث - أنا لا توظيف" - Polux chuckles back.

Accented Osiriani:

"Not an interview - I'm not hiring"

"Just curiosity" - he adds - "Gotcha though. Heka, aiding allies, and hampering foes - sounds solid as can be, and not nearly as selfish as most casters I have met"

Kito the Scholar wrote:
"What of yourself? What are your skills?" As she asks this, she reaches for another of the delicious treats at the table.

"My skills? It is a good question - I never really managed to settle down for one single thing though... Let's just say I am an infiltrator and information gatherer of sorts? Would that suffice?" - Polux plays around with the wine in his glass, and seems to actually be pondering the issue himself - "Ah, and I... Dabble in Alchemy. Still mostly learning about it as I go really"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Between bites, she nods and says "Gathering information allows for better choices. Sounds like a quite useful set of skills."

She feeds a little bit of the pastry to the bird perched on her shoulder.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

"I think this concludes our interviews." Harmose thanks all the candidates and pulls Aleris and Turel aside. "Who should we take? I must admit, I like all of them."

Turel nods slowly. "I must say they all bring different talents with them, along with weaknesses...As do we all. We could bring all of them along on a trial basis...give each of them a chance top prove themselves to us."

While I share Harmose's enthusiasm with these candidates, there are aspects which trouble me as well...


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri limps back over to the table and sits. I have no idea how well that went. So what is the topic now?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
However, we also need to sell some items to cover our expenses. Will this be a problem?"

Ra hesitated.

"I..." He sighed. "No, no I understand. The Company must find a way to survive. With proper respect."

Aleris wrote:
"Your people have a great honor then, to guard the dead. And now I know what to call them, which means one less chance for me to make a fool of myself while I'm here. Always a good thing."

Ra bowed.

"I pledge I will aid you in this however I can. My oath on it." He said formally.

Turel wrote:
"Your concerns are not unusual...for I also share them. I too question the wisdom of the Ruby Prince's decree here. After seeing many of the other rival treasure hunter groups in action, my fears have not been relieved. Rest assured, we will respect the The Three Rules of the Necropolis."

Ra nodded his agreement, relieved.

Harmose wrote:
"I think this concludes our interviews."

"Of course. Thank you for your consideration." He said as he bow/saluted. He withdrew back to his seat at the side table, taking his tankard and greathammer with him.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Deseri wrote:
Deseri limps back over to the table and sits. I have no idea how well that went. So what is the topic now?

"Other interviews?" Kito says. She hesitates a little, making you wonder if that was more a statement or a question.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari continued to sit at the table, equal parts nursing her beverage, and making the water move as demonstrated earlier. She has not paid any attention to the other interviews, not wanting to delve into other people's business. She expected to be asked to demonstrate cold blast ability after everyone else was interviewed.


Inactive

"I do too, to be honest," Aleris agrees. "And all of them have skills and talents that'd be useful. Turel could certainly use a friend up in the thick of things and with Tuneya gone we're stumbling in the dark when it comes to being able to decipher what we find and understand the history of it."

She glances back over at the bustling table of interviewees and then back to her friends. "All five? That seems like a lot...some of those rooms and hallways were awfully narrow. And I'm still a little concerned about how Deseri would fare, especially trying to climb up and down that rope for starters. But..." she gives the other table another look "they all seem to be getting along pretty well with each other, too. Maybe Turel has the right idea with giving them all a chance to show us what they've got. And to see for themselves if they're up for tomb-delving."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods and moves back to the main table, regarding everyone with a smile. "Everyone, we want to give you all a chance to work with us and see if Discoveries Unlimited is for you. We're inviting you to try us out on a trial basis as we go through the tomb of Akhentepi. Of course, you'll get your full share of any rewards we'll find. But you'll also get to evaluate us."

He unrolls the map, showing it to the table. "We've explored from A1 to A10. By my estimates, doing the rest of the tomb should take under a day. Do you want to join us for it, see if dungeon-delving and our team is for you? If so, welcome to Discoveries Unlimited!"

Harmose orders a round of drinks. "Oh, Qari! You're in anyway, but just for fun... Can I see your water blast?" Harmose is grinning like a little boy as he hands the tiefling her drink.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito looks at the map with great interest. I wonder where the letters were found...

Although keenly interested, she is distracted by Harmose's ending comment.

"Water blast?" she utters in surprise as she gives Qari an inquiring look.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"There is a water blast?" - Polux joins in a good mood - "Wait! Let me get my drink before it topples over or something" - he adds.

"After all, I believe we have a reason to celebrate?" - and raises his glass first to Harmose close by, then to the others at the table a few paces away, and finally to those around him - "I believe I am going to enjoy this immensely"

After taking a long drink, he unceremoniously pulls the map towards him, studying it intently - "Oh, I am definitely in" - he nods at Harmose - "When are you planning to leave?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose grins up at the friendly and tall Polux as they all step outside to enjoy the show. Polux's joyous mood is infectious. And he's easy on the eyes, too. Not that I should be noticing...

"It's mid afternoon, so I suggest that we leave at dawn tomorrow. This will give you all a chance to get settled in rooms here at the Tooth and Hookah, make last minute purchases of equipment and get to know each other. Sound good?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri smiles broadly at the new and then shifts to stare at Qari when the water blast is mentioned. She follows the others quietly.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel smiles politely at Qari. "Yes, let us see you demonstrate this power to us. I think it would prove useful out in the desert, among other places."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito follows quietly behind, her thrush chirping as it clutches her garment to stay in place. Her thoughts seem to be elsewhere as she moves through the crowds. This should be interesting. I wonder what Qari is going to do. I hope this will not take too long, as I want to head home and pick up my equipment. I really would rather not have to make that trip in the morning, especially if we really are to leave at dawn. I hope Thera isn't too grumpy about getting up early tomorrow. I wonder what spells I should prepare. Would it be wrong to ask about the letters tonight? No, better to wait until they are shown to me.

When they finally reach the spot for the demonstration, Kito looks around to orient herself. Standing off to the side, she casts a quick spell and then watches Qari closely.

Casting Detect Magic and concentrating on Qari. It sounds like different magic, want to be able to see as much of what is going on as possible. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"It's good to have everyone aboard," Aleris smiles, clearly enjoying the cheerful attitudes of some of the others as they all file outside for Qari's demonstration. "And if you've got any other questions about what we've already explored, what we'll be exploring, or anything else that you can think of, just ask one of us and we'll do our best to answer."

"Listen to you Aleris, you sound like a teacher herding a bunch of children."

Harhar Nel. You'd be doing and saying the same thing if you were here and you know it!

"Nah, I'd be grabbing a front row seat for the show!"

Yes...I suppose you would, she thinks, chuckling to herself. I'll write a letter for you tonight before I go to bed. Promise.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra smiled with relief.
"Thank you my lords and ladies. I vow to serve with honor." He said, bowing formally.
"Now," He said, snatching up his watchman's staff. "I have to return this to my watch commander. Politely, despite his attempts to drown me by making me patrol the Raft." He said as he departed.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari followed the others out. "Okay, here's the weird part. It's not really a water blast...it's more of just cold energy blasting. It might be easier just to watch, rather than I try to explain it. Give me something....how about one of these chairs? I know Farhaan will make it pay for it with my first share of treasure, but that's fine.".

She grabs a chair and scoots it outside. She props it up against the nearest back wall, out of the sight of the regular passersby. "I don't actually announce this often, so let's keep it between us," she says as she takes about 8 paces from the chair. "Everyone watch out now...be careful," she calls out as she extends a gloved hand, and an icy blue ray seems to erupt from it, heading toward the chair.

Ranged Touch Attack w/PBS 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 17

Damage w/PBS 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

The Ray hit the chair dead on, and it exploded with an icy sheen remaining on the pieces of the chair strewn all over the back alley. "That's basically it," she smiles, actually quite impressed her display went as well as it did.

FYI, tomorrow will be work crazy just like today, so I might not get a post in until evening again. Friday should be better.


Inactive

Aleris gasps with amazement as Qari completely shatters the chair with an icy blast. "That's...that was incredible! Can you just do that whenever you feel like it?"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Pretty much. I'm not the greatest aim with it, though, so I have to be careful. I don't want to freeze anyone. Hat doesn't deserve it, I mean."


Inactive

"No, I imagine not...but it seems like it would be very useful here, where people and creatures are used to the heat and not the cold!" Aleris nods, her expression serious. Glancing around to make sure that no one is around to hear except for the group, she lowers her voice and adds, "This may be a dumb question or one that you don't have an answer for, but do you know of any others who can do things like this? Or if it extends to other elements?"

701 to 750 of 5,004 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.