Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


601 to 650 of 5,004 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

I think shaking hands is quite appropriate here :)

Polux wrote:
"I am an explorer of sorts, stuff picked up here and there - lived around Wati for years. Though I can't say I am a local, I know my way around, and can lead others where they may need to go - whether through a crowded street, or a dark tunnel" - he winks - "As for going into the Necropolis... A long time ago I was told my blood held some of the ancient pharaohs' in it" - he smiles widely - "The Necropolis seems like a good place to start poking around for some truth in all of that as much as any other, wouldn't you say?"

Turel keeps his face steady but the words coming from this golden-orbed man nearly shook him to the core.

The ancient pharaohs? Could it be we are related but not just by our heritage? I would learn more of this enigma...

He nods slowly. "Well, as you may have guessed, the Necropolis is our goal as well. We also seek truth" Here he hesitates slightly before adding, "but we also know great risk lies in disturbing that which may be best left undisturbed. What are your thoughts on this?"

As the tiefling sits down waiting for her turn to be interviewed, Turel glances at her.

An odd character to be sure...yet no odder than I, or Harmose or Aleris...I look forward to her tale.


Inactive

"Well...some of us seek truth," Aleris smiles, looking first to Harmose and then Turel. "Then there's me, who came to Osirion largely on a lark. But who knows? Maybe I'll find my own truth here in the sands by helping other people find theirs." As she waits to hear Polux's answer to Turel's question, she too glances over at the waiting table where the young woman has seated herself. Her eyes widen slightly as she suddenly realizes that this woman has horns!

Why are you surprised? You've already seen all sorts of people that came here for the lottery and she's not even the strangest of the bunch! Remember the fox-man and that fellow made of metal? Not to mention you're pretty easy to pick out in a crowd yourself.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

About a half-hour after the tiefling gets settled at the other table, a young woman wearing scholar's robes comes in and speaks to Farhoon. You can see him pointing to the board and then towards your two tables as he speaks to her.

The woman is most likely Gurundi, judging from her skin tone, facial features and the black hair. She has a small bird riding on her shoulder. The only weaponry you see -- if you can even consider it such -- is a dagger at her belt.

She walks over to the board where your bill is posted. After spending a few moments reading the various postings, she pats the pockets of her robe. With a somewhat embarrassed expression, she walks back over to Farhoon. Evidently she neglected to bring a writing implement with her.

Spell-check changed Farhoon's name on me about a half-dozen times. I vote we change the name to Fashion!


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

A few minuets later a thin dark skinned woman in tattered clothing limps into the building leaning heavily on a spear. After asking the nearest person a quiet question is directed to Farhoon. Once exchanging words and coin for a glass she limps over to the board and begins to read. She marks her name in chalk and slowly moves over to the table with the two other women.

Once seated it is clear the young woman has had a long road to get here. Her lips are so dry they have split open in various places. Her cheeks are burnt. Her auburn hair is tied in a loose knot to pull it out her face and she has bright golden eyes.

After taking a sip of her water with a joyful expression she looks at her two table companions, My name is Deseri.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

"Here you go, young lady" the tavern's proprietor FarhAAn hands a pen -- a very fancy pen with excellent craftsmanship and all sorts of trims and trinkets on it that clearly say it's a unique item, and might have a story behind it. But then, what in the millennia-old Half-Dead City does not? (Perhaps it looks something like this.)

You can get an idea of the size and layout of the modest Tooth & Hookah inn with this link. A spicy tobacco haze emanates from the hookahs that some patrons are using (each table is equipped with one), and from the northeastern corner, the musty smell of a well that the inn's water is drawn from.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Smiling brightly, she quickly replies "Thank you so much! I'll bring it right back!"

She then scurries back to the board, signing the post put up by DISCOVERIES UNLIMITED and one other. She spends a moment double checking another bill, but doesn't sign it. As she moves back across the room towards Farhoon, she examines the pen.

What a curious implement! Is this writing on the pen or merely decoration?

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

A short, dwarfish looking man almost as wide as he was tall entered the common room and slumped down at a table. He signaled for a flask of the local beer. Those on the wrong side of the law (and there were quite a few) present took care to avoid that corner, as he was dressed in the padded cloth armor of the local watch. He carelessly leaned his hooked staff against the wall and made room to set down his greathammer, which he seemed to carry with no particular strain.
There is no question about it, he thought to himself. My sergeant is trying to kill me. None of my people, even my Adopted people, are comfortable around large bodies of water. Because we sink like stones. And he assigned me to patrol the most noxious armpit of the entire province, the Bargetown precinct!

Bargetown; Houseboats, barges, boats, ships, all tied together and only narrow rickety decaying planks to walk over the unguessed depths of the river. He was only one broken plank or mistimed jump from disappearing in a cloud of bubbles.
There had to be an alternative. But what other job could he do? It's not like he could show his real resume to a prospective employer.

Then he saw the posters.
Hurrying from his seat, he eagerly looked through the details, and slowly his face fell.
Of course. The one thing I had given oath never to do. He thought.
It must be fate. Only the gods could be so cruelly amusing.
He slowly wrote his name on the board marked DISCOVERIES UNLIMITED.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

After having returned Farhoon's pen to him, Kito walks over to the table where the two women are waiting. "Pardon me, my name is Kito. Is this seat taken?" she asks, gesturing to the seat closer to Qari.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose cocks his head at Polux. "So... You've got a good knowledge of Wati, and an interest in the truth. Those are good starting places. Do you have any knowledge of history? An ability to appraise?" Harmose pulls up his sleeve, showing the hieroglyphs tattooed on his skin. "The ability to read Ancient Osiriani?"

Then he pauses, and continues to study Polux with his warm brown eyes. "We're going to be spending a lot of time together in the Necropolis if you are selected, so I'm going to ask you some personal questions, alright? And feel free to ask them of me in return, because it's only fair that I be willing to answer the questions I ask."

Steepling his fingers together, Harmose smiles encouragingly to the strange man before him. "What makes for a good team? What are you looking for, in any team you join?"

"What scares you? What keeps you going, despite your fear? Finally, can you tell us a story about one problem you faced, and how you overcame it?"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari nodded at the others. "As far as I know, the seat's open. Grab one. I think this is the line for the interviews," she adds with a grin. "I'm Qari. It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I assume, like me, you are here for the selection process? They must have been doing well....line's pretty long already!"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Smiling, she seats herself. "Yes, I would like to have a chance to explore the Necropolis. Since there are only a limited number of authorized groups, I suspect there are many who could not get in from the original selection."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Turel Garaldo wrote:
He nods slowly. "Well, as you may have guessed, the Necropolis is our goal as well. We also seek truth" Here he hesitates slightly before adding, "but we also know great risk lies in disturbing that which may be best left undisturbed. What are your thoughts on this?"

"I'm all for disturbing what should not be disturbed" - Polux smiles again - "It's hard to keep from poking"

Aleris Somciel wrote:
"Well...some of us seek truth," Aleris smiles, looking first to Harmose and then Turel. "Then there's me, who came to Osirion largely on a lark. But who knows? Maybe I'll find my own truth here in the sands by helping other people find theirs."

"Who am I to say one reason is better than another?" - the man ponders, taking another drink from the sweet wine - "I'm no judge in that matters - if others leave me be, I let them be"

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
Harmose cocks his head at Polux. "So... You've got a good knowledge of Wati, and an interest in the truth. Those are good starting places. Do you have any knowledge of history? An ability to appraise?" Harmose pulls up his sleeve, showing the hieroglyphs tattooed on his skin. "The ability to read Ancient Osiriani?"

He seemed distracted at all the people all of a sudden writing their name on the poster, but he focuses again as the short man addresses him - "Some, and some yes - not my area of expertise, I admit. But I am a quick learner, and like I said before, I've picked up quite a lot, here and there" - he nods, raising his glass, then moves closer to inspect the tattoos - "Yes, I know Ancient Osiriani... But I can't say I've ever seen any like those - they are known to me, yet, different. Why?"

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

Then he pauses, and continues to study Polux with his warm brown eyes. "We're going to be spending a lot of time together in the Necropolis if you are selected, so I'm going to ask you some personal questions, alright? And feel free to ask them of me in return, because it's only fair that I be willing to answer the questions I ask."

Steepling his fingers together, Harmose smiles encouragingly to the strange man before him. "What makes for a good team? What are you looking for, in any team you join?"

With a raised eyebrow, Polux begins raising his fingers one at a time - "Alright. Ok, I've already asked one though. I know my way in a scuffle, getting around one, and some other surprises" - then stops short for a moment - "What I am looking for..? That is a good question, and I'm not completely sure. I like leaving things open ended - if a team has got my back, and don't leave me out to dry, it is good enough for me I guess"

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"What scares you? What keeps you going, despite your fear? Finally, can you tell us a story about one problem you faced, and how you overcame it?"

"That my dear Harmose - is for me to know, and for you to find out" - the smile seems to find its way to the man's face again - "Just take me on board, and you'll eventually get to know all of that"

Scratching his raw beard, he adds - "And what about you? What do you have to offer to those that join you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris sits quietly, listening to the interview with great interest. With all the excitement of the past day or two as well as her date with Harmose the previous evening, she had nearly forgotten how business-like he could be when the situation called for it.

I guess that's part and parcel of being noble-born, you learn how to manage. But I suspect Harmose is much better at it than most.

Though she doesn't interrupt as Polux answers the questions posed to him, she can't help but smile as she listens to the answers.

He seems honest enough, just like Harmose and Turel. I like him already.

Her eyes stray once again over to the waiting table, delighted that it seems to be filling up rapidly.

Wow, there's so many people interested in joining our group! If they're all as interesting as Polux is, I don't see how we're going to choose between them all.

Unable to contain herself, she cheerfully waves at the group of men and women patiently awaiting their turns to be interviewed.

I think Aleris' flighty and easily-distracted sylph nature is kicking in a bit here, hehe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

The tiefling nods as their table was being hailed by the sylph. Never met one of her kind before, I don't think.. She purposely didn't try to eavesdrop on the questioning. If she and the group were to get along, she wanted it to be honest and genuine.

She nodded at the newcomer's words. "The stupid lottery didn't work out so well for me, either. I'm hoping the interview process is more my cup of tea. I'm a bit worried that this group seems to have lost a few of their crew. I wonder if they all made it out alive?". Or did the group turn on each other?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

Oh, look! A sylph! I bet I can get some food from her!

Suddenly the bird flies off Kito's shoulder and over to the waving Sylph. Landing on the table in front of her, the bird asks "هل لديك أي البق والتوت بالنسبة لي، سيدة جميلة"

Osiriani:
Do you have any bugs and berries for me, pretty lady?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Qari Falexia wrote:
"The stupid lottery didn't work out so well for me, either. I'm hoping the interview process is more my cup of tea. I'm a bit worried that this group seems to have lost a few of their crew. I wonder if they all made it out alive?". Or did the group turn on each other?

Kito replies "It is difficult to be sure, but I don't think any from this group were called to Phara..." Suddenly the bird flies off her shoulder and over to the interview table.

"Thera!" she yelps as the bird lands in front of the Sylph.

Did someone say flighty?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Just as she attempts to pull her attention back to the interview, Aleris offers a startled, "Oh!" as the small thrush flutters over from the waiting table to land in front of her. She smiles, but looks rather puzzled as it speaks to her.

She must be to that woman over there like Wenet is to Harmose. But what is she saying?

As she opens her mouth to address the little creature she finds herself surprised to be addressing the bird not in Common, but in the language that has been a part of her very being since birth.

"එහි හෙලෝ, අනේ! අහ්හ්, මම ඔබ තේරුම් ගන්න එපා කියලා මට බයයි...ඒත් මම මෙන් ඔබ ගුවන් සහ සුළං ක ජීවියෙක් ඉන්නේ. ඔබට මාව තේරුම්ගන්න පුලුවන්ද?" she responds in a breathy, airy-sounding tongue.

Auran:

"Oh, hello there! Um, I'm afraid I don't understand you...but you're a creature of the air and wind like I am. Can you understand me?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?
Polux wrote:
"I'm all for disturbing what should not be disturbed" - Polux smiles again - "It's hard to keep from poking"

Harmose raises an eyebrow.

So Polux is impetuous. Interesting. Horus help us if he's as reckless as Camus. Then he catches himself. No. Don't judge. We need a mix of types, and Turel, Aleris tend heavily to caution.

He smiles encouragingly to the man to keep him talking.

Polux wrote:
"Who am I to say one reason is better than another?" - the man ponders, taking another drink from the sweet wine - "I'm no judge in that matters - if others leave me be, I let them be"

So... Easy going and tolerant. That bodes well. Harmose nods, encouragingly.

Polux wrote:
He seemed distracted at all the people all of a sudden writing their name on the poster, but he focuses again as the short man addresses him - "Some, and some yes - not my area of expertise, I admit. But I am a quick learner, and like I said before, I've picked up quite a lot, here and there" - he nods, raising his glass, then moves closer to inspect the tattoos - "Yes, I know Ancient Osiriani... But I can't say I've ever seen any like those - they are known to me, yet, different. Why?"

"They're spells," Harmose says softly. "They're an external manifestation of my magic. I got my first one at age 9." Shortly after I died, and came back. He takes a deep breath, not sure what to tell this stranger who is suddenly sitting so close, and who's asked such an intimate question without knowing how intimate it really is. He looks into Polux's golden eyes. "We're all here in Wati, seeking something. In my case, I'm trying to find answers to my past. You could say that I am here due to a... ghost story. I can't read myself, and I think I'm going to need to if I can ever put my demons to rest."

Polux wrote:
With a raised eyebrow, Polux begins raising his fingers one at a time - "Alright. Ok, I've already asked one though. I know my way in a scuffle, getting around one, and some other surprises" - then stops short for a moment - "What I am looking for..? That is a good question, and I'm not completely sure. I like leaving things open ended - if a team has got my back, and don't leave me out to dry, it is good enough for me I guess."

Harmose grins. "No matter what happens, if we pick you, we'll have your back. In fact, if you join our team, you won't be able to get rid of us."

Polux wrote:
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"What scares you? What keeps you going, despite your fear? Finally, can you tell us a story about one problem you faced, and how you overcame it?"
"That my dear Harmose - is for me to know, and for you to find out" - the smile seems to find its way to the man's face again - "Just take me on board, and you'll eventually get to know all of that."

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

For a moment, Harmose is taken aback, both by the outright evasion and by the implied tease and innuendo. Is Polux hitting on me? Harmose realizes suddenly that Polux is sitting very close. How long has it been since he's exchanged an honest flirtation with an attractive, intelligent man like this? Take him on board, indeed...

Harmose is tempted to reject this candidate, not wanting to take any chance of messing up what he has with Aleris. On the other hand... He got over his crush on Camus eventually. Surely, he's mature enough to work with this Polux fellow in a cool, collected and professional manner.

Hey, there has to be some consequences of a failed sense motive, right?

Polux wrote:
Scratching his raw beard, he adds - "And what about you? What do you have to offer to those that join you?"

"Trust and friendship." The moment the words are out of Harmose's mouth, he knows they're true. "I have a small magical talent, some charm, and I'm good with people. I don't know much, but I'm bright, work hard and am willing to learn from others with better skills than mine."

Harmose would have said more, but he's distracted by the little bird that lands right in front of Aleris. That's Shelyn's sacred bird... No wonder Aleris is entranced.

Amused, Harmose translates for Aleris. "She just asked you for bugs and berries. And she says, quite correctly I might add, that you're pretty."

To Harmose's surprise, Wenet leaps out of her tattoo and hops across the table to sniff at the little thrush. "You too, Wenet?" Huh. It may not matter what the bird's mistress is like, if the bird has charmed both Wenet and Aleris...

Harmose laughs. "این دوست خاص من، خرگوش است. اسم شما "چیست؟

Osiriani:
"This is my special friend, Wenet. And judging by what the lady over there said, is your name, Thera, little bird?"

Then he turns back to Polux and shakes the man's hand. "Sorry for the interruption. Do you have any more questions for us? If not, I'd like to move on to the next candidate."


Female Thrush

Thera hops a little closer to Aleris and tilts her head to the side as Aleris speaks.

When the rabbit suddenly hops over to her, she turns and gently touches her beak to Wenet's nose in greeting. Looking up at Harmose, she states "يسرنا أن ألتقي بكم يا سيدي، نعم، اسمي ثيرا. ماذا فعلت سيدة الغناء بالنسبة لي؟"

Osiriani:
Pleased to meet you sir. Yes, my name is Thera. What did the lady sing to me?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito pales slightly as she watches Thera hopping around and talking at the other table.

After a moment, she looks nervously back to Qari and Deseri, saying "I'm sorry. I best go collect my friend..."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]
Polux wrote:
"I'm all for disturbing what should not be disturbed" - Polux smiles again - "It's hard to keep from poking"

Turel says nothing but the tightening of his jaw and the pursing of his lips shows his disapproval of the glib answer provided to him.

It is precisely that thinking which brings untold suffering to those who have to deal with the evils unleashed by such foolishness. While it does not disqualify him in my eyes, I will definitely need to watch him closely.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose turns to Aleris with a smile. "Thera wants to know what the 'pretty lady' sang to her. What should I tell her? I don't think she speak common or Auran."


Inactive

"Her name is Thera? Yes, that's the name her friend over there called," she smiles as she gives the worried-looking woman a reassuring look, completely unaware of the worry that Polux was generating in her two friends. "I was asking if she could understand me, but I guess not. Bugs and berries? Well, I don't make a habit of carrying bugs with me and I already ate the last of my dried fruit on my trip here, but..." she begins digging in her pocket, "I might have...ah-ha!"

With a look of triumph, the sylph pulls out a small wrapped package that contains what looks to be two or three sugar cookies. "I thought I still had one or two left," she grins as she carefully breaks one in half and then crumbles one of the halves into her palm. She holds her hand out towards the thrush. "Maybe this will be an acceptable substitute?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

As Kito is rising from her seat, she sees Aleris smiling at her. She hesitates a moment, then seeing the sylph bring out a cookie decides to sit back down. She does adjust the position of her seat slightly, so that she can see the other table.

With a sigh, she says "It seems Thera has found another person to beg food from."

Looking back to Qari, she adds "I'm sorry. As I was saying, I haven't heard of any from their group coming before Pharasma's judgement."


Female Thrush

With a few short hops, the thrush lands in Aleris's hand and starts pecking at the pieces of cookie.

After a few bites, it looks over at Harmose and says "من فضلك قل لها شكرا لكم بالنسبة لي."

Osiriani:
Please tell her thank you for me.

The bird seems quite content to sit in the palm of Aleris's hand as she eats the cookie crumbs.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Wenet looks at the other cookie half and then puts two paws on Aleris, twitching her nose hopefully while staring at Aleris with big, brown eyes.

Harmose laughs so hard he can barely stay in his seat. "What a pair of unrepentant mooches!" Wenet stares at Harmose, reproachfully. "Sorry my friend, but begging is not ladylike and you know it." He scoops the rabbit firmly into his arms while speaking to Thera.

"من پیام خود را پرنده کوچک عبور کند،."

Osiriani:
"I'll pass on your message, little one."

"Thera says thank you. It seems you and your cookies have made new friends, Aleris."

He then turns back to Polux, waiting to hear the man's answer on whether he had any final questions.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri watches the interaction with an amused look on her face. So these people delve into the Necropolis? That does sound exciting!


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

If anyone wants to jump Qari in line, please go ahead. I'm a bit out out with Paizo's crappy website right now, lol, so it's be better if I hold off for a bit. I'll get back in tomorrow with my interviewing! I've got to get caught up right now.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Very well then - I guess your offer is solid" - Polux retorts - "And I have no more questions if you do not. Those tattoos are interesting though" - he stares at the swirling writing on Harmose's arms once again, then stands up - "Perhaps another time. I'll be mulling the information you provided there in the corner, over some dessert and something to wash the whole meal down" - he adds, picking up his weapon, and moving away, making room for other candidates.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose steps to the table filled with waiting candidates. "Who would like to be next?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

I'm going to be busy all afternoon and night, so others might want to go now.


Inactive

"Oh! I'm sorry Wenet," Aleris laughs as Harmose scoops her up. "I'll make it up to you later, I promise." She smiles down at Thera as the little bird continues to eat the cookie crumbs. "And you're very welcome!"

As Polux rises and moves to make room for the next person she calls, "Thank you for speaking with us!" before eagerly turning to see who is next in line.

Nella, I wish you were here - you'd be having a grand time with this interviewing stuff. I promise I'll write and tell you all about it when I get the chance.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

From his stool at the corner of the counter, Polux continues observing all those lining up for the interview and smiles, raising his glass of wine back at the table, saluting the interviewers as he finishes his drink.

His attention is now focused on the serving person at the bar - "Umm Ali for dessert" - is the man's next order.

Umm Ali:

Made of Phyllo Pastry, milk, double-cream, nuts.

This


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I have work but my phone should let me post while on break.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Seeing no one step forward, Qari volunteers yourself. "I'll be back in a bit."

Qari plops down at the table. "Greetings. I'm Qari Falexia. I'm here looking to get. A chance at exploring these mysterious old places. Seems pretty interesting. Have you had any luck so far? I'm not talking about gold and stuff like that...I'm wondering about any interesting knowledge or discoveries. That interests me much more than simple wealth."

She smiles, hoping she didn't come off as too needy in her initial introduction.


Inactive

Polux, that picture looks delicious!

Aleris smiles as the tiefling woman heads over to the table and introduces herself. "Hello!" she responds in greeting, offering the hand that isn't holding a thrush out for a shake. "I'm Aleris Somciel and my friends are Harmose and Turel. There's a little more to both of them than just that, but I'll let them handle the more formal introductions," she chuckles. "As far as interesting discoveries go, well..." she glances at her two companions. "I'd say yes, but maybe I'd better let my friends here explain it."

Probably best to let Harmose or Turel decide how much to tell people about what we've found so far.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"And so you know, I'm not trying to be awkwardly forward in asking. See, I've developed some ...interesting things I can do over the years, and I've tried to find out more about them. Watch," Qari smiles as she takes an empty goblet, concentrates as fills it with water created from out of the blue. "I've seen clerics that could do that before, no big deal, right? But look at this," she says as she concentrates again and the water starts circling the cup of its own volition.

"I can do stronger things, but I'd prefer not to show off in front of a crowd. Honestly, I'd like to find out more about these things I can do. Maybe there are answers in the old temples?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel watches the golden-eyed man return to his table with a stoic look on his face.

An interesting man, without a doubt. I do not trust him. His motives are suspect and his ideals are troubling. Still, I would prefer to have him close to me. Better to watch him than not.

He gives Harmose an almost imperceptible nod, signaling his acceptance of the interview.

As the tiefling Qari speaks with Aleris he is silent though his facial expression is much more approving.

She certainly knows what to say here, and does indeed have some magical talents which may prove useful in our exploration. I think the other woman whose pet seems to show an affinity for both Harmose and Aleris has the look of a scholar about her. Considering...what did she call it...'Thera'? Yes of course...considering it charmed them both rather easily I suspect she would be accepted in short order.

"It seems to me we share a common goal, Qari." He speaks up slowly. "I also seek answers from the old temples. Though I know little of magic, I would assist you on your journey as well."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Polux wrote:

From his stool at the corner of the counter, Polux continues observing all those lining up for the interview and smiles, raising his glass of wine back at the table, saluting the interviewers as he finishes his drink.

His attention is now focused on the serving person at the bar - "Umm Ali for dessert" - is the man's next order.

Kito waves for the golden-eyed man to join them at their table.

She moves over to the seat that Qari recently vacated, giving her a better view of Thera -- who is still mooching food. Calm yourself. Thera is enjoying herself, don't make more of a scene than she already has.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux nods, and moves toward the table where Kito is sitting, bringing the dessert with him - "Well met" - he smiles - "I am Polux, and it would seem we are all here for the same interview" - then sets down the tray in the middle of the table - "If you haven't tasted it before, you cannot miss the chance" - he adds.

"Is that your bird?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Smiling, Kito says "Pleased to meet you. My name is Kito, and my mischievous little companion over there is Thera."

Accepting some of the offered pastries, she asks "Have you had interviews with any of the other groups?" and then takes a bite.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Buying favor and affection with sweets! You wise person!

Deseri smiles at Polux You are a very kind man. Thank you! My name is Deseri.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Kito the Scholar wrote:

Smiling, Kito says "Pleased to meet you. My name is Kito, and my mischievous little companion over there is Thera."

Accepting some of the offered pastries, she asks "Have you had interviews with any of the other groups?" and then takes a bite.

"Not really" - Polux replies, taking a seat - "I did spy one or two but... They didn't suit my fancy, so to speak" - he adds, looking at the table where the interviews are being conducted - "This one has a distinct feel to it, I must admit - as eclectic as I have ever seen" - he laughs quietly.

Deseri wrote:

Buying favor and affection with sweets! You wise person!

Deseri smiles at Polux You are a very kind man. Thank you! My name is Deseri.

When everyone is on a sugar rush, there's no way I won't get recruited :D

"Thank you for the compliment Miss" - the aasimar nods - "Truly it is no extravagance, but a simple, though delicious, dessert" - and takes another bite - "What brings you all to Wati, if I may ask?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Between bites, Kito answers "I walked here. I grew up and still live on the outskirts of Wati."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

She takes a small bit of the rather delicious food. A want for something different. I left my tribe. I want my life to be more then what it would have been.I like this city already. Though I should eat something more nourishing. Oh well!


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose's eyes widen as he notes both Qari's horns and her prehensile tail.

Sense Motive DC 14:

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Harmose is valiantly trying to cover how scared he really is.

A wave of fear washes over him, and Harmose fights the desire to run and go hide in his room. Holding his rabbit close, he attempts to draw comfort from Wenet's warm furry body. He remains uncharacteristically silent for a few minutes, letting the others talk.

He's nine, and helpless, as the demons that the necromancer summoned tear at his small body again and again, never letting him quite die. There's no escape, no one to help him, no...

Wenet touches her nose to his, and Harmose takes a deep breath, firmly taking hold of himself.

You're no longer that scared child. This girl before you is NOT a demon, though she may carry their blood in her veins. She's not the enemy, Harmose.

Deliberately turning back to the girl, he meets Qari's gaze head on. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Qari." Harmose offers his hand to the girl, hoping that it doesn't tremble and betray him. "It's good to meet a fellow seeker. Like you, I'm on a voyage of self-discovery, trying to find answers about my gifts. Your talent with the water is like nothing I've ever seen. There's an old Osiriani saying**, 'The man who can call water to the desert has a wealth that kings will envy.'"

Sense Motive 6:

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Yeah, he invented that particular saying himself to put Qari at ease. Maybe it'll catch on!

"Can you tell us a bit more about where you came from and any other skills that you might bring to our team?"

______________________________________________
*Although identifying someone's race is normally a trained DC 15 Knowledge Local check, I think that under these circumstances, Harmose might still recognize that Qari's a tiefling?

**You can have an endless supply of apt folk sayings if you make them up on the spot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Turel glances at Harmose, a brief look of concern in his eyes.

What troubles him so? Have they met before? Could it be something related to his...childhood?

He remains silent as Harmose wrestles with his demons and exhales a small sigh of relief.

Good. If the appearance of this demon-girl unnerved him so, then how will he react when we run into the horrors of the Necropolis?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Did he just pull that out of the air? Yes...yes he did...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 12
Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 14

Qari realizes that this human is talking a. It out of his head with his sayings. "Ive heard that. And the one that "both gold and water are heavy, but only one is good to help with a hangover," or something like that."

"But, your desert analogy is apt. I'm Quadiran by nature. Realized in the heart of the desert. Water was scarce at home, so people appreciated me being able to conjure it, even if it isnt much." Qari didn't want to demonstrate her cold day in the bar in front of everyone, but she figured they deserved to know everything if she was to win a spot with the group.

"I also can fire a ray of pure cold energy that can damage items and creatures up to about 10-15 paces. When everyone is done in here, we can go outside and I can demonstrate. An archer would be jealous of its effectiveness."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"I'm Osiriani, but of Keleshite ancestry. My great grandfather was part of the Qadiran invasion of Osirion, long ago." Harmose raises an eyebrow. "It sounds like you'd be good in a fight. I'd love to see a demonstration outisde later. As for discoveries of interest, we've found much about the daily life and history of Akhentepi, the man who's tomb we're exploring."

"If you're looking for weirder than that..." he looks at Aleris and Turel. "Should we tell her about the pit at Crossroads 26? The one with all the smacking mouths?" He turns back to Qari. "We're not sure if it's supposed to catch unwary tomb raiders, or if it was an ancient garbage disposal chute. You might find it interesting, but I wouldn't advise investigating it too closely."

601 to 650 of 5,004 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.