Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


751 to 800 of 5,004 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I've heard of mages throwing around fire and lightning, but I don't know precisely. I've been a little too wrapped up into what I can do to figure out much about what everyone else can," she blushed. Qari was happy that Aleris had taken an interest in her powers. She doesn't seem jealous, either! I don't think she wants anything, either. That's different!.


Inactive

"No, no, that makes sense...I was just curious because it's a sort of magic that I've not heard of before. Then again, I'm not really a scholar like Kito is, so I'm sure there's all sorts of magics out there that I've not heard of before."

Aleris blushes slightly. "Come to think of it, I'm not really sure that Harmose, Turel or myself really explained much about what we can do during all the interviews. I'll let them speak for themselves, but for me," she holds up her right arm, where a colorful tattoo of a songbird can be seen on her outer wrist, "I follow Lady Shelyn, the Eternal Rose. But I'm not a priestess or a holy warrior...well, not really." She hesitates, clearly trying to find the right words to express herself. "I've had some combat training, but if I can, I'd prefer to avoid fighting where possible. Even though I came here of my own accord and for my own reasons, I have a duty to protect what the Lady holds most sacred - love and beauty. That duty stands no matter what else I may do in life."

This isn't a private conversation by the way; everyone except Ra-Khefer I'm assuming is hearing this. So anyone else who wants to jump in with something, please feel free!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel watched the impressive display of magic from Qari with a studious look on his face, though his eyes betrayed his confusion.

I confess I do not understand the various flavors of magic that people wield. It is like physical weapons...though they all look and feel different they are intended to do the same thing...maim and slay your foe. How is magic any different?

He watched the interaction between Aleris and Qari intently, and a small smile slides across his face before he turns away, slightly embarrassed.

She is a wonderful being...

He clears his throat and adds, "I fear I do not understand the difference between your magic and that wielded by sorcerers and wizards. Still, that does not matter to me." He smiles reassuringly at the tiefling. "Your skills are impressive, as is your aim. I can see you also know the value of NOT wielding your weapon, which can be the most important, and difficult, lesson to learn."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri claps after the spell is cast, she has a look of awe on her face. [/b]Quri that was amazing![/b] She wonder over to the destroyed chair to poke at it and feel the refreshing cold.

While Turel is busy complementing Qari skills Deseri walks over to Aleris looking a little confused, You worship a flower? Bring on the crazy rant on who your deity is! Bring it!


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Your group has returned safely from the explorations so far. To me, that means whatever your skills are, that I am fine with following you and observing them in use! I've heard these old places can be really dangerous..."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito has a puzzled expression on her face. I think she just manipulated raw elemental energy. She didn't use any of the normal arcane incantations, regents or gestures I would have expected but still it is magic. I'll have to talk with Thera about this.

"It is certainly different than the arcane methods I'm familiar with. You are still manipulating magic, but using a style unlike those I've seen before."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I've met a couple of people with could use magic, but they could do so much more than that couple of things I can pull off. Of course, I can fire that little ray pretty much all day without exhausting myself. Maybe, it's some sort of great big cosmic tradeoff?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"I would phrase it as more specialized. Can you do that with substances other than water?"


Inactive

Aleris grins at Qari. "You'll take our word for it then? I guess that works just as well!"

As Qari and Kito become engrossed in discussing the more technical aspects of the tiefling's abilities, Aleris turns her attention to Deseri's question. "No, though flowers are certainly beautiful," she smiles. "The Eternal Rose is another name for Shelyn. She's also known as the Eternal Maiden and the Incorruptible. I've even heard that they know her name in far-off Tian Xia, where she's the Lady of Chrysanthemums."

"She revels in beauty and artistic expression, from the finest opera singers in Cheliax and Taldor to the scribbled painting of a child and everything in between. She smiles on anything that makes this realm a more beautiful place - love, most of all. And not necessarily...physical...love, although that also has its place," she continues, flushing slightly. "But any love that's good and true. Love for a child, love between friends, and romantic love - regardless of the genders or races involved."

Crazy rant? I think you want Rovagug. "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds!" and such.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

You can be a rational that fine too :)

Oh. She sounds rather similar to Hathor.


Inactive

Aleris gives Deseri a questioning look. "Hathor? I'm...not familiar with her. What's she like?"

Before Deseri can answer, the sylph peers around. "Actually...unless Qari or anyone else wants to demonstrate a skill or talent for us, maybe we'd better all go back inside where it's cool if we're going to chat more. Or if anyone has any errands they need to run, like Harmose suggested?"

If you want 'crazy' or at least 'highly enthusiastic' I think Aleris' friend Nella would fit the bill a little better...still a Shelynite though :)


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Having watched the whole explosion quietly, Harmose finally speaks up. "That was amazing, Qari! Next time we should charge admission!" He grins to show that he's joking. "At the very least, it would help us with repaying Farhaan for his chairs!"

Unless anyone else has any more errands, I'm voting to fast forward to morning, traveling through the eerie Necropolis, or just outside our own tomb sweet tomb of Akhentepi.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"You had said there were rooms here for us? I need to go pick up my equipment. I will be back before dark."

Fast Forward works for me.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri would need to run to see the people that she is staying with which is off scene unless Samy tells me otherwise but beyond that fast forward is good.

Deseri happily relocates inside to talk to Aleris. Once seated again, Hathor is the Goddess of dance, joy, love, fertility, and beauty. She is called the Mistress of Jubilation by many, though I have always preferred the actual name.She, what was the word you used?

She pauses for a moment and then smiles broadlyRight revels, she almost purrs the word, this a good word for this. She does revel in many of the things your Shelyn does. Though Hathor does not shy away from sex. She is heavily tied to childbirth and the sensuality of dance and... One of this deities actual monikers is the Hand of the Vulva!

She stand up rather abruptly with wide eyes, I need, I should.. I will be back. I should let them know I will be gone. I will be back shortly! As quickly as she can she limps out of the building.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Fast forward works for me as well. Also I know we purchased a CLW wand earlier too, but I did not see it on the treasure list. Samy, can you add it on there please?

As Deseri rises to depart Turel does the same, "Wait! Will you require an escort..." but the woman moving much faster than he has anticipated has already already disappeared out of view. He shakes his head slowly.

There is much to her that lies beneath the surface...and there is a part of me that wishes to explore further...


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Fast forwarding is good by me. Qari will tell her friend Farhaan that she owes him a new chair, give him a hug and gather her possessions.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I don't feel there are any necessary NPC interactions. If you have anything important to tell them, you can just include that in your post that you went to wherever and told them whatever.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Either way is good for me.


Inactive

Once back inside the Tooth and Hookah, Aleris listens intently as Deseri describes the goddess Hathor. "You're right...they sound very similar, for the most part," she finally nods. "Um...I think I gave the wrong impression a few minutes ago, though." As she speaks, she fidgets slightly as though uncomfortable. "Shelyn doesn't shy away from sex, but views it as...as one important part of many that makes a deeper relationship, rather than just the satisfying of, ah...carnal desires. That's more Calistria's domain..."

When Deseri suddenly jumps up and speaks of needing to leave a notice with someone, Aleris looks faintly relieved to have an end to the conversation. "Oh, uh okay. Be careful, we'll see you back here later!" she calls as the young woman hurries out the door.

She moves faster than I'd expected given her leg!

I'm good to fast-forward as well!


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Mostly overly excited behavior. Jumping on her hosts for enthusiastic hugs, excitable babbling about finding people to work with so she can repay their kindness, and franticly gathering her things.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

The next morning, Harmose is woken up before dawn by a rabbit, thumping over him. "Oof! Wenet!" The rabbit sits on his chest, and looks at him solemnly for a few minutes before jumping back into her tattoo.

Harmose sighs, strides across the room naked, pleased by the feel of the desert cool of the pre-dawn Wati. If only it could always be like this.

Combing his long hair and pulling it back, he pulls his desert robes from where they were hanging on the hook, and gets dressed. If he's lucky, Farhaan will have some of his excellent coffee brewing, and he can greet the team. It's important for them to see someone with a friendly face when they come down the stairs. Harmose can provide that, and does.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel, always the early riser, takes his time in meditation making sure his mind and body were centered on the task at hand. Though this had proven harder as images of sky bue eyes mixed with golden orbs threaten to disrupt his balance.

Such a challenging time for me...still though the breezes blow, the rock remains unmoving...

Gathering up his equipment he exits his room and heads downstairs where he finds Harmose waiting for him. Taking a cup of hot water from the table, he prepares his tea extra strong anticipating the long day ahead.

"Breeting Harmose, my brother. It looks like the others are resting still. How do you feel our team will function together?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Never one to sleep in, Kito rises in time to enjoy the sunrise through the window of her room. Looking towards the still sleeping thrush, she quietly prepares for the day ahead -- brushing and braiding her hair, dressing, and double checking her equipment pack.

Sighing, she finally decides it is time to wake Thera. She has some of Thera's treats ready before disturbing her. "Why must you always rise so late?" she muses in Osiriani at the sleepy bird. Peeking one eye out from under a wing, the bird replies "Why must you always retire so early?" The exchange has become a part of their morning routine.

While the bird is still only half-awake, Kito enters her trance in order to prepare her spells for the day. I probably should have tried to coordinate these somewhat with the others...maybe next time. It seems I'm not the only one here unused to working in a group.

Finally ready for the day ahead, she picks up her pack and makes her way down to the common room, Thera perched on her shoulder. Smiling, she joins Harmose and Turel at their table.

"Good morn! I hope you both rested well."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose smiles at Turel. "They'll be fine, Turel. We're not much more experienced than they are!"

On seeing Kito and Thera, Harmose smiles. "Good Morn! I did sleep well, thank you!"

"سلام، پرنده ی کوچک! امروز حال شما چطور است؟ آماده کمک به ما؟" Harmose grins at the little thrush.

Osirioni:
"Greetings, Miss Thera! How are you today? Ready to assist us?"


Female Thrush

With a slight ruffle of feathers, Thera announces "أنا لست الطيور في وقت مبكر! من فضلك، لا تشجع عشيقة لها في العادة من الحصول على ما يصل قبل الديكة!"

Osirioni:
I am not an early bird! Please, do not encourage Mistress in her habit of getting up before the roosters!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"ثيرا! كن المدنية!" Kito admonishes the bird.

Osirioni:
Thera! Be civil!

With an apologetic smile, she tells Harmose and Turel "I fear that contrary to any tales, Thera does not like to rise with the sun."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

At the crack of dawn, as the sun's edge crawled above the far horizon, Ra genuflected before the symbol of the living sun god Ra.
Then he swung his ridiculously large pack onto his shoulders to meet his new companions at (the place he was told to meet them at.)


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari was only slightly late to the gathering. She was so nervous that she checked and rechecked her pack two different occasions. She made sure to pull on her ever present elbow length gloves. She grabbed two pieces of fruit, eating one and stuffing the other in one of her front pockets. She eagerly greeted the others at the bottom of the stairs in the common room.

"Are we ready? This will be my first time in those tombs. Any advice in particular?"


Inactive

That Night

From the privacy of her small room, Aleris frowned as she stared at the blank piece of parchment in front of her. She'd never been the best at writing letters and such, but Nella had insisted she do so before they'd parted ways.

"You never know when you'll want to relive parts of your trip, you know? Maybe you'll remember all the big details, but the small ones get away from you after awhile - or at least they do for humans. I'm not sure how it is for you, Aleris. And you'll probably want to share it one day too, whether it's with me or with your husband or even a grandchild. Trust me, write everything down. You won't regret it."

"You forget that you always had more patience for putting ink to parchment, Nella," the sylph speaks aloud even though there is no one to hear her. "How, I don't know...you always had enough energy to make two or three of me," she chuckles quietly. "But I'll write, like I promised."

After what seems only a short time but was in actuality nearly an hour, she finally puts down the inkpen. "It's not much, but it'll have to do for now. You'd better send me good news in return!"

I'll see about sending this off in the morning, she muses as she crawls into bed and quickly slips off into dreamland.

Morning

After making sure to rise early, Aleris readies herself for the day to come. As she slips downstairs, she's surprised to find not only Harmose and Turel already awake and waiting, but Kito (with Thera in tow), Ra-Khefer, and Qari as well.

"Oh! Good morning everyone," she smiles as she makes her way over to their table. "I wasn't expecting so many of us to be up this early, but I suppose that's a good thing!" she adds as she pulls up a chair. In addition to her regular gear, she carries what looks to be a sealed letter in her hand; the especially observant or curious might note that it seems to be addressed for Magnimar. "Did everyone sleep well last night?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"We have everyone but Polux and Deseri." Harmose gets a mischievous grin, and turns to Thera the thrush with a little bow. "یک کمی، من می دانم شما را دوست ندارند تا اوایل خواب بیدار می شود. اما چگونه می توانم شما در مورد انجام بیداری احساس می کنید؟ می تواند شما را می خوانم بسیار با صدای بلند در خارج از پنجره ها از دو فرشته ما؟"

Osirioni:
"Little one, I know you don't like to be woken early. But how do you feel about doing the waking? Can you go sing very loudly outside the windows of our two sleepy heads?"

He turns back to Kito. "Does she know the song of the drunken sailor? Or anything else with an relentless beat and obnoxiously upbeat lyrics?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito laughs when Harmose talks to Thera.

"I'm sure she will come up with something with lots of high notes."

Looking to Thera, she says "يمكنك إيقاظهم، ولكن ليس محاولة للحصول على أي منهم غاضبة جدا. سيكون لدينا للعمل مع هؤلاء الناس.".

Osirioni:
You can wake them, but try not to get any of them too angry. We will have to work with these people.


Female Thrush

Thera gives a cheerful chirp when Harmose talks to her and immediately looks to Kito.

After Kito speaks to her the tiny thrush flies off her shoulder and up the stairs. Even from down where you are, you can hear the high-pitched chirps.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking at Harmose, Kito says "You really shouldn't encourage her that way."

Looking to the rest, Kito explains "Harmose thought it would be a good idea for Thera to wake the remainder of our party. I do so hope there is no one else up there trying to sleep."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"You’ll find I'm a very encouraging fellow." Harmose says with a straight face. He grins, and messages the little thrush.



"من یک ایده برای یک آهنگ داشته باشد. آیا می خواهید به آن را بشنود؟"

از خواب بیدار سر خواب آلودگی
ما به شهر از مرده
آیا می ترسم - فقط شانه بالا
خوردن انواع توت ها و اشکا
با من....

این زمان برای شما برای بیدار است
(آیا شما هر کیک دارند؟)
همه ما می توانیم به مقبره رفتن
که در آن شما ممکن است عذاب خود را پیدا کنید
اما من نه...

هی! آیا شما نمی رول بر!
زمان برای ما به کشف
اسرار مرد مرده
(آیا این آهنگ سرحال نیست؟)
مانند من!

Osirioni:
”I have an idea for a song, Thera. Want to hear it?”

Wake up sleepy head
We’re off to the town of the dead
Don’t be scared -- just shrug
Eat a berry and a bug
With me....

It’s time for you to wake
(Do you have any cake?)
We can all go to the tomb
Where you may find your doom
But not me...

Hey! Don’t you roll over!
Time for us to discover
The secrets of Akhentepi
(Isn’t this song peppy?)
Like me!

Message sent, he turns back to Kito. "I'll likely have to pay for this little joke later, but right now? So worth it!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Comfortably wrapped up in her temporary bed Deseri sleeps well past the rising of the sun, in a cocoon she doesn't even notice it. But something starts chirping, rather loudly...and its not stopping! Why am I not getting to sleep. By the Gods are they singing now?...Wait!

It is at this point Deseri notices the sun has crawled higher in he sky. She scrabbles out of bed fighting with the sheets she crashes to the floor with a loud bang and a yelp that most can hear. There is the sound of frantic footsteps as Deseri dresses and gathers her things.

After a few minuets of frantic activity Deseri comes down the stares looking a nowhere near as put together as the rest of the group. Her hair is a tangled mess creating a fiery chaos look and she has no shoes on. She quickly bows, I am so sorry I overslept. It will not happen again. She stands back up straight with a broad smile on her face.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Sense Motive DC 23:
That statement seems very rehearsed and she is lying.

Early bird! Bah! I liked the song.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Although she only understands bits of the conversation between Harmose, Kito, and Thera, Aleris just smiles, although she does laugh once he and Kito let the rest of the group in on the prank. "Don't worry Kito; if there are you can just direct them to Harmose and he'll sort them out," she says with a mischievous grin of her own.

I'll have to see if Kito will teach me their language if she ends up being a good fit for the group. I know Harmose or Turel would probably be happy to do it, but I'd like it to be a surprise if we can manage it.

Admittedly, she also somewhat doubted Harmose's ability to stay on task if it were just the two of them.

I have enough trouble paying attention at times; no need to make it even more difficult! Sorry Harmose.

Her private thoughts are interrupted as the sound of a distant thump and a feminine shriek drift down the stairs. "Well, sounds like someone is awake!"

As Deseri soon stumbles down the stairs, Aleris tries not to stare but has a hard time ignoring the other woman's lack of shoes.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"No harm done! We're still waiting on Polux, but considering how fast you got down here I doubt we'll be waiting on him much longer." She pauses for a moment. "Come sit with us, you can finish tidying yourself up while we wait and get breakfast."

Don't forget that Polux is on vacation all this week!


Female Thrush
Aleris Somciel wrote:
Don't forget that Polux is on vacation all this week!

Does that mean I get to peck his eyes out? Do they taste like bugs or grubs?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Botting Polux...

Handing Polux a coffee, Harmose grins. "Morning, sleepy head."

He then bows to the group (and GM Samy) and waves grandly to the front door of the Tooth and Hookah. "The Necropolis awaits!"

____________________________
Samy, ready to fast-forward us to the Tomb of Akhentepi?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Certainly.

You travel through the Necropolis in the morning light. The sun is still low, the shadows long, leaving a lot of nooks and crannies where you think you saw some movement, but if you investigate, you find nothing. You have heard a lot of rumors about all sorts of undead horrors roaming the Necropolis at the night before the dawn forces them into hiding. How much truth there is to those rumors is largely unknown to you. But some may wonder if that shadow over there, or that one, or that one, might be concealing some creature powerful enough to destroy even your large group without breaking a sweat. No, surely Pharasmin patrols would have found and eliminated any such dangers, yes? But then, you never know...

You reach the Tomb of Akhentepi, the aboveground part being a small two-room building, with a shaft within leading underground. You may look at the map in the player folder if you wish. Unless you state otherwise, I will assume that you re-check that rooms A1-A10 are empty. They are, and appear to have been undisturbed since the group's previous foray to the tomb x days ago (how many has it been again?). The blanket that the group used to cover the object in A9 remains untouched as well, still covering the object. The only way that is immediately obvious to proceed is the doorway from A9 to A11.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Only 2-3 days gametime, Samy!

Throughout their return through the tomb, Harmose has played the affable tour guide, talking about each room in the tomb and explaining exactly what the group found or encountered in each one. He gives the scholars time to look at the statues of the gods, read the hieroglyphic inscriptions, and take notes if that is what they wish.

As the group passes the enchanted mirror, Harmose blushes. "We covered it without finding out what it does." He points out its magical aura, and its placement facing the doorway. "We were concerned that it was meant as a trap, another guardian to prevent the unworthy from uncovering the secrets of the tomb. At some point, I'd like to find out what it does... But I didn't want to risk our team to experiment with it."

He pulls out the map. "Shall we proceed to A11, then? Since we're going into unexplored territory, we should get serious about a marching order. Who do we want in front?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito follows the group, listening closely to all that Harmose has to say.

When it comes time to climb down into the tomb, she instead purposely steps off the ledge. The first part of her fall is quite rapid, but she suddenly shifts to slowly floating down shortly before the bottom to land as light as a cat on her feet. Meanwhile, Thera flies down the shaft at a much more sedate pace, alighting once again on Kito's shoulder.

Flight hex gives Feather Fall at will, only for her.

Hearing the explanation of why the mirror is covered, she nods in agreement. Then she turns her head to look at Thera and quietly translates what was said, probably adding a bit of admonishment judging from the tone.

Osiriani:
You will not be experimenting with that mirror either, Thera! We will wait until the group is ready.

At the question of who should be in front, Kito takes a step back to make room for others.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

On the way to the Tomb of Akhentepi Turel is all business, taking the responsibility of guarding against ambush seriously. He does not let his guard down even as the party travels past the areas that were already explored.

When the group reaches the doorway, Turel nods to Harmose. "I believe Ra-Khefer and I should lead the way here. His senses should compensate for my lack of eyesight." He readies his spear and proceeds cautiously.

Here is my suggestion for a marching order:
Ra-Khefer/Turel
Polux/Qari
Harmose/Kito
Aleris/Deseri
.
Harmose can be in charge of the light source.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

That seems fine to me Turel. My darkvision and horrible perception will cover the rear. To be mentioned I have lost power in my home and can only spend so long at other peoples houses. If it is out for days, and Oklahoma is known for that, I don't know what my posting rate will be. Bot me if necessary.

Deseri after a panicked run back to her room to find shoes happily follows the others. She is silent once the tomb has been entered. She looks around but doesn't touch anything.


Inactive

Proposed marching order sounds good to me! Deseri and I both have Darkvision so we can still watch out behind us.

From her position at the rear of the group, Aleris watches for signs of trouble as they make their way back through the Necropolis and back through the tomb of Akhentepi.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

She starts with surprise as Kito simply steps out into the void of the shaft, but surprise quickly turns to a mixture of delight and puzzlement as she watches the scholar to serenely float down to the bottom. Although she's tempted to do the same, she catches herself and remembers that her grasp of the same magic is much more limited in scope.

"I've not seen anyone else do that before," she whispers once everyone is safely at the bottom. "Was it a spell? No, that's not right...I didn't hear you cast anything?"

Once they finally return to the tomb with the mirror, she nods as Harmose explains why the mirror is covered. "Yes, we were worried enough that we even put out the lights while we covered it. Regina and I could both see in the dark, so it worked out in the end."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I've heard of magical mirrors, both for good and bad in the past, that piece might be worth nice coin to a collector, but keeping it hidden sounds smart to me. We can keep it covered when we lit it out of here," Qari notes as she traces the frame with one of her gloved fingers.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"We'll need a stone cutting tools to get it out." Harmose sighs at Qari's suggestion. "See how it's built into the wall? Would anyone here happen to be a stone carver by chance? Or know a trust worthy one that we can hire?" He steps out of the way so that Turel and Ra-Khefer can march in front, and pulls out a sunrod to cover the light as Turel requested.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Aleris Somciel wrote:
"I've not seen anyone else do that before," she whispers once everyone is safely at the bottom. "Was it a spell? No, that's not right...I didn't hear you cast anything?"

Pausing a moment to think, Kito softly replies "You are correct, it is not a spell. It is more like the electrical discharge of a shocker lizard -- a magical power that I can activate on myself at will with the merest thought."

---

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"We'll need a stone cutting tools to get it out." Harmose sighs at Qari's suggestion. "See how it's built into the wall? Would anyone here happen to be a stone carver by chance? Or know a trust worthy one that we can hire?"

"I expect the problem would be more of finding a craftsman willing to take the risk. It would probably be a good idea to identify the magic first."


Inactive
Kito the Scholar wrote:
Pausing a moment to think, Kito softly replies "You are correct, it is not a spell. It is more like the electrical discharge of a shocker lizard -- a magical power that I can activate on myself at will with the merest thought."

"That...that sounds like what I can do," Aleris whispers in reply. "I guess it might be due to my blood, but I'm not really sure," she frowns. "I've not met anyone else quite like me so I've not been able to ask."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra-Kepher bowed his head deeply and said a silent prayer before entering the tomb resolutely.

At the suggested marching order, he nodded in agreement.
"Yes, that is wise." He commented as he took his place up front, shield forward.

Harmose wrote:
"...Would anyone here happen to be a stone carver by chance? Or know a trust worthy one that we can hire?"

"I do some excellent dwarven craftsmen. However, they reside in the Brazen Mountains, and if I sent word, I could be a week or more before receiving a response." He said, thinking hard.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

Harmose grins up at the friendly and tall Polux as they all step outside to enjoy the show. Polux's joyous mood is infectious. And he's easy on the eyes, too. Not that I should be noticing...

"It's mid afternoon, so I suggest that we leave at dawn tomorrow. This will give you all a chance to get settled in rooms here at the Tooth and Hookah, make last minute purchases of equipment and get to know each other. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect" - Polux interjects in a good mood.

-----------------

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

Botting Polux...

Handing Polux a coffee, Harmose grins. "Morning, sleepy head."

"Thanks" - he answers with a sidelong glance at Thera - "That was some loud singing for such a small bird" - Polux adds, shaking his head.

-----------------

Kito the Scholar wrote:
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"We'll need a stone cutting tools to get it out." Harmose sighs at Qari's suggestion. "See how it's built into the wall? Would anyone here happen to be a stone carver by chance? Or know a trust worthy one that we can hire?"
"I expect the problem would be more of finding a craftsman willing to take the risk. It would probably be a good idea to identify the magic first."

Polux is immediately drawn to the covered mirror, wanting to just expose and observe it thoroughly, but he does listen intently to the other's comments about their finds before doing anything - "I agree with Kito here - has anyone ascertained the nature of the magic therein yet?" - he inquires - "If deemed manageable, I'm sure I can ask around, and find someone that would take care of the 'carving' for the right compensation" - and smiles.

751 to 800 of 5,004 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.