Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


651 to 700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"Wow, that's amazing!" Aleris gasps as Qari performs her little water trick. "You think the Necropolis might have more answers on where your abilities come or how to control them? It certainly seems possible..." her voice trails off as she catches a view of Harmose out of the corner of her eye.

Sense Motive #1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Scared...he's scared of her! This is just like before, in the tomb...no, that was different. Tombs can be scary sometimes. Maybe he's never seen a tiefling before?

Unsure of how to help without drawing undue attention Aleris attempts to keep her original train of thought, and the conversation, going. "Right! Definitely possible," she smiles. "I've heard tales of ancient magics that were forgotten through the passage of time, only to be rediscovered. Maybe there's a similar story behind your powers."

As Harmose finally seems to regain control of his nerves and begins speaking, she gives him an encouraging smile.

See Harmose? Tieflings aren't scary...or at least, this one doesn't seem to be. Wait...did he just make that saying up?

With a +8 to Sense Motive, Aleris auto-succeeds on the second check :3

"The mouth-tube-pit is probably the strangest thing I've seen yet," Aleris agrees, her expression quite serious. "And given the turnout for the lottery and having lived in Magnimar for a time, that's saying a lot."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"If we get a chance, I'd love to see that pit. It sounds terribly interesting." Qari smiled as the questions trailed off. Ive done well...I think!

Realizing there were other applicants and not wanting to hog all the time, Qari inquired as to any other questions. "Anything else anyone can think of?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Yes. Since we're going to be spending time in the Necropolis together, Qari, I'm going to ask you some personal questions that you are free to ask me in return. What do you fear? Can you tell me about one obstacle you faced, and how you overcame it?"

Harmose leans forward, steepling his fingers as he studies the girl, listening intently.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Spiders. Always, spiders. Don't like them. All creepy crawlie and nasty skittering all around. Not for me, thanks.". She pulls her gloves even tighter as she is clearly repulsed at the current topic of discussion.

"Obstacles? Thankfully I can't think of very many so far. Maybe just me leaving home. The town really became used to me keeping our water stores full. Some people didn't want me to leave. Some others did want me to go. Jealous of this strange power maybe. But I had to go. For me. It'd have been easy to stay home and help everyone else. But I needed to find out more about me for me. It took me a while to get the courage to head out. But I've not looked back."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose puts his rabbit down on the table, and watches, cautiously, as she hops over to Qari and sniffs her. He visibly relaxes, then drops his voice, pitching it so only those at the table can hear. "You shared, so I'll return the favor." He considers speaking in Kelish, which a Qadiran girl like Qari would surely know, but settles for common. The inquisitive little thrush did not speak it, and he has no need for secrets from Turel and Aleris. "My mother was involved in politics, and someone high up called upon demons to assassinate her. They made an error. They got my nanny and... me. I was..."

He breaks off, hands shaking. He glances at Aleris and Turel. "That was how I died. Qari, demons still scare the crap out of me." He looks over at the girl. "I'll not hold your family against you if you don't hold mine against me. But you should know where I'm coming from. Knowing this, do you still want to work with me?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

Thera notices the rabbit is back on the table. Looking down, there is still one modest sized crumb left. Sweet, but no nuts or berries. I should share...

The small thrush grabs the remaining cookie fragment in her beak and flys with it across the table to the rabbit. She drops it on the table beside Wenet and then flies back to Kito's shoulder.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I've always thought that one shouldn't be judged by their past. Everyone has a skeleton whether the size of a gnome or an auroch hidden in their closet. If you think we can make it work, Harmose, I'm game."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose shakes Qari's hand. "Thank you." Turning to Aleris and Turel, he says, "Can one of you call the next candidate over? I just need a moment to... compose myself and drink some of Farhaan's great coffee."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari excuses herself, taking her leave. She'd long learned the importance of not overstaying her welcome in situations like this.

She did look over her shoulder as she left, at the handsome Keleshite who had shared a pretty private experience with her. He seemed nice. And isn't bad to look at!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel who had been watching the tiefling closely nods in response to her tale of her strange powers.

The ability to create water out of nothing is a priceless one...no wonder she chose to escape her past and start anew...I think I like her.

As Harmose speaks of his own dark past, Turel cannot help but lose his mask of composure completely. His jaw drops and his eyes widen, showing off his large eyes as the sky blue hue becomes apparent.

I knew Harmose had died...but he was slaughtered by a demon?? That...is astounding! I know little of such things but one must choose to return from the Boneyard. Again why would Harmose make such a decision?

He turns face Harmose wanting to say a comforting word but stops on seeing the look on the other man's face.

Very well. The rest of his story can wait.

He spies the female Garundi lady with the thrush on her shoulder. Now would be a good time to see what talents she may offer to us. He nods to Kito and waves her over to have a seat at the table.

"Greetings, I am Turel and this is Aleris..." indicating the sylph lady, "and Harmose. You are...Kito, I believe? What are your talents and what can you offer to us?"

As the woman approaches the table, he spots the earth-touched human watching the interviews closely. We must not forget about him. he looks to be a well seasoned warrior, one which our team sorely lacks.

Just wanted to add I have not forgotten about you Ra-Khefer :)


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Turel Garaldo wrote:
"Greetings, I am Turel and this is Aleris..." indicating the sylph lady, "and Harmose. You are...Kito, I believe? What are your talents and what can you offer to us?"

She nods in turn as each is introduced. "Pleased to meet all of you. I would like to apologize for Thera's earlier interruption." she says as she indicates the thrush on her shoulder.

"My skills are in languages, the scholarly study of the past, and as an" at which points she switches languages "بدء من حكا"

Osiriani:
initiate of heka

With a nervous laugh, she adds "Although I am skilled in this language, I fear that I have yet to find a phrase that properly describes my area of arcane studies. Heka is our word for certain methods of magic. Someone who studies magic is the most straightforward translation, but that really doesn't carry the context."

Kito looks uncertain for a moment, trying to figure out what to say next. I hope I'm not losing them. Best not to get into the details of how different methods of magic work.

"Languages! I can read and write Taldan, Dwarven, Kelish, Vudrani, Polyglot, Auran and the ancient form of my own language. I've worked as an interpreter several times in the past and enjoy learning new languages."

Still uncertain, she asks "Is that what you wanted to know when you asked about talents?"


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Kito the Scholar wrote:
Between bites, Kito answers "I walked here. I grew up and still live on the outskirts of Wati."

"I would have been surprised if you had 'flown' here" - Polux smiles - "Although looking at all the amazing people around me in this room... Maybe not"

Deseri wrote:
She takes a small bit of the rather delicious food. A want for something different. I left my tribe. I want my life to be more then what it would have been.I like this city already. Though I should eat something more nourishing. Oh well!

'A want for something different'? I can relate to that" - he nods approvingly - "What would your life have been, that you want changed?" - the follow up question comes up without hesitation.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra-Khefer glanced over at the table where interviews were happening. Interviews still going on. Good. He continued to drink.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri opens her mouth and then closes it. She looks a little uncomfortable as she starts untie her hair to be able to fiddle with it. I was to be married off to man I did not desire. So I fled my tribe. I want adventure,

Bluff DC19:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
She is reluctant to discuss this and is hiding something


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Ouch!" - Polux interjects - "Well... I don't really know the 'why' and 'how come' but... Good for you!" - and raises his glass to Deseri - "The way I see it, the life is yours - you should decide what to do with it"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Her cracked lips transform into a broad smile. Thank you. Where you ever caught spying on those other group? She drops her hands back to her lap with a sigh. My hair is a mess.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Well... I wasn't actually spying" - Polux clears his throat - "I just happened to be in the vicinity taking a drink, and happened upon them" - he shrugs - "Coincidence is all. Such things happen, don't you think?" - he is smiling again.


Inactive
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"My mother was involved in politics, and someone high up called upon demons to assassinate her. They made an error. They got my nanny and... me. I was..."

As Harmose speaks, the smile instantly fades from Aleris' face and her countenance grows even paler than usual.

Murdered...he was murdered! I...

Completely at a loss, she glances worriedly at Turel who looks as shocked as she feels.

No wonder Qari scared him so...

Though her composure returns somewhat at the tiefling's own words of reassurance, she can't help but feel a great surge of sadness as Qari heads back to the other table and Harmose works to compose himself from within the depths of a coffee cup. As Turel waves the woman named Kito over, she gently nudges Harmose' foot with her own and gives him a small, worried smile.

We're here for you, Harmose.

"It's good to meet you too and I promise, she was no trouble," Aleris chuckles as she once again forces her attention back to matters at hand and turns to address Kito. "And as far as talents go, I think that's pretty much what Turel meant, yes. Languages, history, magic...that's a great deal like one of our former companions, though I think her magic had a great deal of alchemy involved with it."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Aleris Somciel wrote:


"It's good to meet you too and I promise, she was no trouble," Aleris chuckles as she once again forces her attention back to matters at hand and turns to address Kito.

Kito smiles and relaxes a little bit at Aleris's statement.

Aleris wrote:
"And as far as talents go, I think that's pretty much what Turel meant, yes. Languages, history, magic...that's a great deal like one of our former companions, though I think her magic had a great deal of alchemy involved with it."

Nodding, Kito says "Alchemy is about studying and activating the properties inherent in a substance. A different path than I took, but quite respectable."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose drank moodily from his cup until both Wenet and Aleris nudged him, and he looked up to see the concerned gazes of Turel, Aleris and even his rabbit. Fortunately, Kito at least seemed oblivious to his mental state.

Great job, Harmose. You've freaked everyone out with your little horror story. And what if you told them the full truth of the monster that you were? What then?

Harmose wrestled his insecurities down, kicking them back into the dark corners of his mind to deal with at another time. The interview. Pull yourself together. Start with something easy.

Harmose offers a finger for Thera to perch upon. The little bird was certainly cheerful and entertaining, and Harmose needed all the cheer he could get. "پرنده زیبا، آیا شما را انتخاب معشوقه خود را، و یا آیا او شما را انتخاب کنید؟"

Osiriani:
"Beautiful bird, did you choose your mistress or did she choose you?"

Then he smiles at Kito. "I must admit, I've always been curious about other people's relationships with their familiars."

Meanwhile, Wenet hops over to sniff at Kito. "This is my special friend, Wenet. She's been with me so long, I feel like she's a part of me." Harmose looks at Kito curiously. "You talk of magical studies. I've never studied the magic that I cast... it always has seemed a part of me, but I'm deeply curious about those who belong to more 'disciplined' disciplines." He smiles, self-deprecatingly. "What sort of spells do you do? Do you have a specialty?"


Female Thrush

Thera flutters her wings and flys over to perch on Hermosa's offered finger.

"لماذا وجدت لها! هذا هو السبيل لحكا."

Osiriani:
Why I found her! Such is the way of heka (magic).


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito chuckles at Thera's response. Always so modest, aren't you little one?

Wrinkling her brow in puzzlement, she asks "Doesn't Wenet teach you any magic?"

Pausing a moment, she then answers "I am not a specialist, at least not the way that many use the term. That said, almost all of my spells either grant a boon to an ally or in some way interfere with an opponent's abilities."

Smiling broadly, she adds "I would gladly spend the day comparing magics with you, if you don't mind my asking some questions of my own."

Thanks for asking about my spells. It caused me to double-check my spells, which caused me to realize I hadn't provided my spell list in my profile. I've now fixed that.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose blinks and talks to the bird. "خرگوش من یافت. نشان داد به عنوان همبازی من وقتی که من نه بود. معشوقه خود را نیز یک کودک، یا مسن تر بود؟"

Osiriani:
"Fascinating. Wenet showed up as my playmate when I was nine. Since Wenet can't tell me how she found me, how did you find her?"

He raises an eyebrow at Kito. "Or is that question too personal?" He nods to her explanation of the magic she uses, and pulls down his sleeve, showing the spells on his arm. "I would love to compare magics. Ask any question you like."


Female Thrush

"كانت من قطف التوت لذيذ." The bird then chirps happily.

Osiriani:
She was out picking delicious berries.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"توت!"

Osirani:
]"Berries!"

Unable to help himself, Harmose laughs. Pausing to translates Thera's words for the others, he then turns to Kito. "I like your bird."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

When asked, Kito says "No, it doesn't bother me if your group knows that Thera and I met while I was out picking Ziziphus leaves and berries. She only wanted the berries."

Looking to Aleris and Turel, Kito asks "Do all of you know Osiriani? I fear that it is the only language that Thera can speak."

When Harmose pulls back his sleeve, Kito first glances and then peers with much greater interest at the tattoos. "Why do you have the glyph for dazzling rainbow on your arm?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose's eyes light up. "So you can read them? Excellent!" He claps. "I'm a sorcerer. I don't study magic... I am magic, and this is how my spells manifest when they come to me. Can you teach me to read them?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Um....sure?" Kito answers, caught slightly off-balance by the inquiry.

After a moment, in a hushed tone she adds "You do know that there is magic everywhere, right? The concentration may vary, but it permeates everything. That is how some abjurations work, by making the magic so faint as to be undetectable or so bright that the normal methods give a misleading result."


Inactive

As Kito and Harmose chat about magic, Aleris seems content to simply sit and listen, at least for now.

At least this is taking his mind off our interview with Qari. It's always good to meet people that you share common ground or interests with.

"No...I'm not from around here and so I'm afraid I don't understand your language," she sighs when the question of speaking Osiriani comes up. "එහෙත්, ඔබ මගේ තේරුම් නැහැ," she adds as she gets a slightly mischievous look on her face.

Auran:

"But you do understand mine."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With a nod of acknowledgement, Kito replies to Aleris. "ඔව්, මම ගමන් වෙළඳ සිට එය ඉගෙනගත්තා. මම ඔවුන් Qadira සිට වූහ විශ්වාස කරනවා."

Auran:
Yes, I learned it from a passing merchant. I believe they were from Qadira.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel had been silently observing the interactions between Harmose and Kito, but when the talk turned to various forms of magic he quickly lost interest.

In response to Kito's query, he nods slowly. "Yes I do speak the language of my tribe. Your bird Thera shows a remarkable grasp of my tongue."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Thank you, Turel. She does have problems with certain concepts, such as humans not considering insects tasty, but I find her good company."


Inactive

"Qadira...I've never been there, but I've heard that it's quite a fantastic place in its own right," Aleris sighs, a dreamy look briefly flitting across her face. "Maybe I'll go there someday. But for now, this land is the one I want to explore."

The dreamy expression fades as she returns to the here-and-now. "Thera only speaks one language and yet you speak several. Have you tried to teach her other languages?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Chuckling, Kito admits "Sadly, Thera does not share my fascination with other languages. I have made the offer, but she shows no interest."

That plus I don't know of a way within the rules of getting her more languages. :)


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose looks to Aleris and Turel. "I don't have any more questions for either Miss Kito or Thera." He turns to Kito. "Unless you have any questions of us?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Have you found any scrolls, tapestries, tablets or other objects with writings in the ancient tongue?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose grins. "Yes indeed. We found a chest full of the private papers of Akhentepi. Old love letters, records, plans for building a tomb for his Mistress..." He raises his eyebrows and looks sidelong at Kito. "Would that be the sort of thing that might interest you?"


Inactive

"Heh, I've always been told that animals are just like people, each with their own personality. What I've seen and learned of Wenet and Thera proves it as far as I'm concerned," Aleris chuckles as well. "And like Harmose said, we've already found several things of interest in our assigned tomb - and according to the map we managed to find of the place, there are still a few rooms we've not made it to yet. Should be plenty more to see and find, if we're lucky."

She glances at her companions. "Can't speak for Turel, but I don't think I've got any other questions for now."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel shakes his head in response. "I have nothing else to add here. Thank you for answering our questions Kito...and humoring us too." He smiles briefly.

Once the scholarly lady has departed, he turns to face Harmose and Aleris. "Who should we talk with next? I believe that man over there..." glancing at Ra-Khefer, "is also interested. He has the looks of a warrior which we do sorely need."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito's eyes go wide at the mention of the treasure trove of letters. Oh! That sounds wonderful. Much better than serving as translator to another boring business deal. Thera turns her head, looking at Kito.

"Yes, that would most certainly qualify as interesting."

Smiling, she thanks them each for their time. Giving a short whistle, Kito turns and heads back to the other table. Thera takes flight and lands on Kito's shoulder before she makes it there.

---

Smiling, Kito sits back down at the table. "Well, that went better than I had feared. Much more friendly than another group I tried to join." Looking around, she asks "So, what is the current topic of discussion?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods and then gets up to go to table of those waiting. He turns to Ra-Khefer. "Would you like to be next?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:
Polux wrote:
"Well... I wasn't actually spying" - Polux clears his throat - "I just happened to be in the vicinity taking a drink, and happened upon them" - he shrugs - "Coincidence is all. Such things happen, don't you think?" - he is smiling again.

Deseri cocks her head to the side at his question, Luck does happen. She is quiet for a monument while she drinks. You made it sound like you were sneaky. Is that what city people do? Over embellish?

Turel doesn't love the bosom! What am I to do! Sorry a reply took so long Polux. I didn't see it.

When Kito sits back down Deseri returns her smile, We were discussing ourselves. I am glade your talk when well.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Don't worry, Deseri, all of us enjoy looking at your bosom...

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Mind wandering, Ra looked up with a start as Harmose spoke.
"Yes! Yes of course." He said, putting aside his beer. He effortlessly picked up his ridiculous greathammer as he left his table and followed Harmose back to the interview table.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Oh, don't forget your beer on our account!"

Mage Hand

Harmose can't help himself. Showing off is in his nature. He points to the next table, and floats the beer back to Ra-Khefer.

Then he smiles, and holds out his hand. "I'm Harmose, and these are my colleagues Aleris and Turel. Can you tell us about yourself and why you want to explore the Necropolis?"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Surprised at Harmose's delivery of his beer, he juggled hammer and beer before setting down both, he bowed formally, then assumed Parade Rest.
"I am Ra-Khefer, city watchman. I am honored that you would consider me as a candidate for a position on your team." He said seriously.

You see a short, dwarven looking being, nearly as broad as he is tall and thickly muscled. His skin seems almost sandy in color and texture, which is not really unusual in the dwarven clans that make their home here in Ossirion; but his crystalline hair and beard is unheard of.
He wears the cheap padded armor and cap of the city watch.

Perception DC15:
You see that under the padded armor you just see the edges of a different set of armor, an ornate parade-type armor usually only used in formal military parades, or funerals.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Harmose pauses, and raises an eyebrow at the second set of armor beneath the first. "As someone with a strong appreciation for sartorial matters, may I take a closer look at your parade armor?" He looks up at Ra-Khefer with interest. "Before you served with the City Watch, what exactly did you do?"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
Then he smiles, and holds out his hand. "I'm Harmose, and these are my colleagues Aleris and Turel. Can you tell us about yourself and why you want to explore the Necropolis?"

He nodded.

"Of course.
"My people are Dwarves of the Pahmet clans. Every decade we send a regiment to the pharaoh to serve as guardians of the Royal Necropolis.
"I had the honor of serving several tours, so I am familiar with funerary rites, tomb engineering and trap defusing. I am also a skilled and experienced soldier."
He explained.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
"As someone with a strong appreciation for sartorial matters, may I take a closer look at your parade armor?"

Ra hesitated, then nodded.

Glancing at the rest of the common room, he slowly took the padded armor off to reveal the ornate officer's parade armor of the Pahmet regiment. Suitable for parade ground marching or funerals.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"That's very fine work." Harmose nods to the armor. "I have the utmost respect for dwarves. My best friend, Meehr Zet, is dwarvish. If you haven't met, I'd love to introduce you." Then Harmose pauses, curiously. "If you're part of a special regiment designated to protect the Necropolis, what do you need our team for?"

651 to 700 of 5,004 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.