Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


801 to 850 of 5,004 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"I think Harmose was able to figure out a little bit," Aleris pipes up. She looks at the sorcerer. "Something about illusion and transmutation wasn't it?" She then looks at Polux and shrugs. "Our previous resident scholar Tuneya wasn't able to figure anything else out and magical study isn't really my strong suit...but between all of us maybe we'll have better luck figuring out exactly what it does."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito nods her agreement. "Yes, I'm sure we can. Let us explore the new areas first though."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Before Ra-Khefer or Turel have a chance to open the door between A9 and A11, Polux steps forward.

"Has this door been checked for traps?" - he inquires, running his hands inches from the barrier.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Yes, do check carefully. I can only imagine some of the ancient traps that are still set in a place like this. I'm not nearly agile enough to go ducking and diving all over the place."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito nervously shuffles her feet a little bit at mention of traps. After a short pause and a light prodding from Thera, Kito says "If there are magical traps, I might be able to help. I've studied the theory of such things, but never actually worked with any."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

At the mention of traps, Ra ran a critical eye over the doorway.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Leaning forward and putting his ear to the walls next to the doorway, he tapped gently with his hammer, listening to the echos in the stonework.
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Noticing Ra-Khefer putting his ear to the door, Polux steps back - "That might be dangerous in case it is indeed trapped" - he pipes in with a nod.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Thorough checking by the group results in finding nothing alarming. You believe that the doors are not trapped, and are openable. Since there is nowhere else to go, I am going to make the daring assumption that you're going to open the doors. At that point, you see a flight of stairs down, as per the following description:

--- A11 ---
A flight of steps gradually descends to the west down this passage. Halfway down the stairs, small holes and burrowed tunnels riddle what remains of the passage’s southern wall. Earth and sand have spilled over the collapsed masonry, covering the stairs with dirt and rubble. Stone doors engraved with a golden scarab, its wings open beneath a golden sun, stand at either end of the stairs. One of the eastern doors is slightly ajar.
-----------

So, on your end, the doors are slightly ajar, perhaps inviting investigation, and the stairs go downward in the direction you're headed. The map that you have obtained shows the A11 room as a simple intact two-square wide passage -- the collapsed masonry and the culvert to the south of the passage that can be seen OOC on the Google Drive map, is not present in the actual IC map you have. Whatever caused that notch to the south, it presumably happened after the map was drawn.

I will be using the marching order posted by Turel as a default configuration whenever you don't say differently. As such, Ra-Khefer and Turel face the stairs down first. If they dare. They are some pretty gradual stairs, doing some...stair stuff. And you know how THEY are.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri waits and watches her new companions worry over a door with an amused look on her face. Once the door is declared safe and opened she smiles broadly. Speaking quietly,Shall we go?

Moments like this I wish I was a fighter so I could yell ONWARD!

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra clumped deliberately down the stairway, shield forward.
He paused before the section with the holes and peered at them suspiciously.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel stays away from the door for the moment, instead moving behind Ra-Khefer as the dwarf checked the cracks in the wall.

"I wonder what created these holes?" He says softly to himself as he peers closely at the wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Inactive

"These are the parts where some patience is in order," Aleris whispers in response to Deseri. "Believe me, I know it seems tedious. But we've already ran across at least one trap in this place when we came here the first time, not counting whatever that mirror does."

As Ra-Khefer and Turel begin to make their way through the doors and down what appears to be a set of stairs, she smiles. "There we go! According to the map we found in Wati, we shouldn't have very many more rooms to explore. We'll be done and back out in the fresh air before you know it!"

Title earned: Optimist!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing the holes in the walls, Kito asks "Did some sort of creatures make those? Just in case, I best try to protect myself." She then casts a spell on herself before following the others down the wrecked stairs.

Cast Mage Armor, duration 1 hour.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I should have traded the melee weapons for a crossbow. ah well.

Deseri offers her quiet reply as her cheeks darken upon realizing she was caught. I know patience is needed and that it matter but it still looks amusing to see a bunch of grown men worrying over a door, even if it is necessary.

With a smile she leans into Aleris's personal space to mumble, In no way am I complaining though. Sadly we didn't get the good view of Polux I was hopping for.

I see your title and raise you mine. Title earned: Pervert!.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari wordlessly takes in the mirth shown by the group. She wasn't comfortable enough to really play around with them that way yet, although she had to admit, there were some really good looking people in the temple with her right now!


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I'm not sure I like this" - Polux whispers from under his cowl, as Ra-Khefer and Turel wade down the steps - "Something made those holes. We may be walking right into an ambush"

Reaching over his shoulder, he grips the longspear in both hands, remaining close to the last lines of the group, making sure no attack reaches them before taking at least a bite from his weapon.

Doing the whole 'reach weapon/protection gambit' for those close to him.

Title earned: Grim!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The front guard of Ra-Khefer and Turel investigate the holes in the walls. Putting together Turel's careful observations and Ra-Khefer's dungeoneering knowledge, they come up with a hypothesis that the holes are likely tunnels by burrowing creatures of some sort, perhaps roughly dog-sized. However, they do not get an opportunity to relay their theory to the rest of the group, before a surprise attack occurs!

The sand covering the ancient stairs starts to swirl and rise into the air, shaping into a large, serpentine form that moves as if animated by a sentience of some sort. It receives a surprise round, and unleashes a blasting torrent of sand at one of you, like the fury of a lethal sandstorm.

Target chosen at random from those adjacent to it. Starting from Qari and going clockwise:
Target: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Polux!

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ouch, that's a mean start! Nothing says welcome to the group like being singled out by a monster.

Monster's initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Those of you who roll higher than this may act before it attacks again. Those who roll lower, please wait until after the monster's next turn. (You may post reactions that don't take up an action if you wish.)

If anyone has trained Knowledge (planes), you may attempt to identify the creature.

I am using this map for combat placement. Desktop browser recommended, as zooming in will be extremely useful.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Init. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Qari points at the sandstorm and her familiar line of cold energy fires out from her glove, streaking straight for the beast.

RTA with PBS 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23

Damage 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8

Possible crit (if possible) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 OK a tie goes to the player who has a higher DEX bonus, which is Turel thankfully.

Turel is nearly caught unawares as thoughts of Aleris (and Deseri) float into his mind unbidden.

Fool! Pay attention...you will get us all killed!

Fortuanately he is able to react after the creature slams into Polux. Switching his spear to a more martial style, he lashes out with it in a flurry of blows trying to scatter the serpentine form into its sandy components.

Full Attack: FOB
Attack #1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5; damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Attack #2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19; damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Aleris gasps with surprise and horror as the sand seems to take on a life of its own, slamming into Polux with bone-crunching force. Though she's not sure of what the creature is exactly, she knows that it can't be allowed to strike again.

As dangerous as it is, she raises her bow and calls out, "Duck!" before letting loose with an arrow.

Attack (Shortbow; PB Shot, Into Melee): 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 2 Booooo.
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 = 9


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Seeing the worm-like creature suddenly form from the sand, Kito moves back and around the corner so that Polux and Qari will have room to retreat. She stands poised there, dagger in hand.

Move, Ready an action to attack if the creature comes past the door. Moved my character on the map.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Acid Splash vs Worm Touch AC into Melee: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage with Acid Flask Focus: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"By the light of Horus... What is that thing?"

Harmose acid splashes the worm and then backs to the side behind Qari to give the wounded Polux room to retreat.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Apparently very exited. I really should have gotten a ranged weapon! I do not have a google account yet and I will do so after sleep so that I remember to note things like passwords.

Deseri's mouth drops open once the sand monster rises up. Her eyes slam shut while she mumbles to herself אנא שעזרת להם בעבר, לעשות את זה שוב

Celestial:
Please you have helped before do it again!

Spirit Sheild- +4 AC for one hour

Her eyes open to see wispy figures swirl around her. She then lifts her spear waiting to attack.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Polux's skin blisters and burns, even under the thick, heat protecting clothing - his eyes redden from the sand, and the hands gripping the longspear blister almost to the bone.

He stands fast, but the single step that he takes back betrays the violence of the assault.

Welcome to the desert I guess...

Completely taken by surprise, he is slow to react, but taking notice of the space vacant behind him, he does step back and thrust his weapon forward without a word.

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The creature's initial surprise attack may have been vicious, but it is met with a devastating defense. Qari and Harmose's energy-based attacks take full effect, causing the animated sand to recoil from the hits. Turel's longspear hits, but bashes clear through the sand without the creature seeming to even notice -- his attack was ineffective. Aleris' arrow and Polux's spear run into similar difficulties, finding it difficult to affect the sand, but they manage to damage it just a little bit, which turns out to be enough.

The sand suddenly lowers to the ground, and starts to split in multiple directions, flowing into the walls, between cracks in the stairs, being absorbed all around into the surroundings, until there is no more large mass of animated sand present.

Combat is over...for now.

Aleris' Knowledge (planes) roll was unfortunately not sufficient to tell what the creature was.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"One day it will be written that the first I ever achieved in my first incursion into the Necropolis was a mouth full of sand" - Polux shakes his head and chuckles, bending down on one knee to gather some of the sand, and storing it in a small pouch - "At least I'll take a memento, apart from the one I swallowed - who knows what this could be used for"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"You achieved more than that. You took a hit that would have downed many of us and are still standing."

Harmose pulls the cure light wounds wand hastily out of his pack. "This seems like a good first use of the wand. Unfortunately, I haven't studied it yet enough to figure out to activate this." Harmose blushes, looking acutely embarrassed. "Kito, will you do the honors?"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari looked around, the threat had gone before she truly realized what it was. The group had struck quickly and made the creature run, if not destroyed it completely. Her attack had proved deadly as well. Hopefully the others noticed.

"Good job, everyone. I've never even heard of a sand snake before! It looks like he hit hard, Polux. Are you alright?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking around the corner, still not sure if the sand creature is dead, she hesitates a moment before approaching.

"Do you happen to know..." she starts to say as she accepts the wand. "Nevermind! I see it written here."

With a flick of her wrist and an incantation of "Boo-Boo Be Gone!" she activates the wand and touches it to Polux.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The wound is healed!


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Oh, yeah." Harmose blushes again. "I wanted a command phrase that I could remember. Besides, I thought it would be hilarious to hear Aleris say that."

"Great job, everyone, on taking that thing out. Qari, that blast worked even better on that snake than it does on Farhaan's chairs."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking towards Aleris, Kito asks Then you should be carrying this?" as she delicately holds out the wand to her.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
"You achieved more than that. You took a hit that would have downed many of us and are still standing."

"I guess" - Polux agrees half-heartedly - "Yeah, let us portray it like that - 'bravely stepped in front of danger, taking a mighty blow in lieu of his companions' sounds much better" - he adds, still spitting sand.

Kito the Scholar wrote:

"Do you happen to know..." she starts to say as she accepts the wand. "Nevermind! I see it written here."

With a flick of her wrist and an incantation of "Boo-Boo Be Gone!" she activates the wand and touches it to Polux.

The wound is healed!

Maybe it was the rush of healing, but when he hears the activation words, he simply bursts into laughter - "Boo-Boo Be Gone" - he looks at the group around him - "Really?"

Still shaking his head, the Aasimar turns to Kito, with a short nod - "Thank you"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel does not relax his stance, even as the others take care of healing Polux. Keeping his spear ready he waves the others onward. "I shall guard the rear to make sure the creature does not catch us unawares."

Turel will take the rear guard and keep a sharp eye on the wall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Relieved that the sand creature has been taken care of, Aleris lowers her bow and breathes a sigh of relief. "That was a close one. But we made short work of...of...of whatever that was, so good job everyone!"

It could've turned out much worse if you hadn't been trying to sneak that good view of Polux like Deseri talked about. And after that display when Harmose and Tuneya were just talking business! Hypocrite much?

Feeling her face begin to turn red, she joins in the laughter of the others at the wand's ridiculous command words, trying to pass off her embarrassment for one thing as embarrassment for another. "I've got to agree with Polux - really?" she smiles at Harmose. "Now I know to be careful about accepting your wa...er taking magic items from you..."

Lady Pharasma just take me now and be done with it... she groans internally.

"We should get started again once everyone feels good to go! Time's wasting," she adds, hoping to change the subject.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari smiled at Harmose. "Indeed. That's an extra gold for Farhaan when we get back to town. Without him allowing me to practice, the shot might not have been true! He's earned that extra coin at the least.". Once the others were healed, the tiefling was ready to move on to the next challenge.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose raises an eyebrow as Polux spits sand. "Oh! Let me take care of that."

Casts prestidigitation

The sand in Polux's mouth disappears, replaced by a lingering taste of mint. "I used to do this all the time after Mehr's parties. We'd get so drunk we'd wake up with all sorts of things in our --" Harmose looks like he's going to say more, then breaks off as he glances at Aleris. Maybe it's best not to go into full detail about Mehr's parties yet. "The Zet's are dwarves, with the constitution of oxen. You wouldn't believe the amount of alcohol that went into their cocktails. Me, I'm a bit more of a light weight."

He grins as Aleris makes her slip up about accepting water. "Yes, best to be careful when accepting gifts from strange men, and I'll admit that I'm quirkier than most." He waggles his eyebrows. "Shall we move on and see what else we can find?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri starts to giggle at the magic incantation and the smile remains watching the antics of her companions. I have truly found a strange group to travel with.

Once Polux bends down to collect his momento she smirks. Ha! There is the angle I was looking for! Now what does it look like without all that fabric in the way? A ghostly figure moves infront of her view and she bats it away only to have it reform.

Deseri twirls around with her arms out running them through the ethereal figments around her. She laughs as they reform despite her hands dancing through them. She is clearly no longer paying attention to the group.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra whirled around, but was too late to attack the creature, whatever it was.
He nodded at Polux, the apparent victor.
"Well struck warrior." He said, saluting.

Once all battle damage is dealt with and everyone is ready to proceed, he points towards the holes.
"Beware. These holes are made by burrowing creatures of some kind; they may be aggressive."

Once ready, he will nod at Turel and proceed with him down the stairway to the doors there. (Defensive stance;AC18).

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The only exits are at the top of the stairs to the east (where you came from) and at the bottom of the stairs to the west. The western doors are unlocked. You pass through them, to enter one of the largest halls you've seen in this tomb so far, about 20' by 30'.

---A12---
A tapestry hangs from a frame against the south wall of this large chamber; it depicts an otherworldly vista where the souls of the dead, shepherded by strange beings, enter an ethereal river ambling through space toward a landscape dominated by an impossibly tall spire. Columns sculpted in the shape of Osirian warriors wielding khopeshes stand in all four corners of the room. The floor is tiled in a white spiral pattern on a black background, and this spiral pattern is repeated on the stone double doors to the north, east, and west.
---------

The doors leading north and west are both locked.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra turned to the tapestry and sank to his knees in an attitude of prayer.


Inactive

*cough* Actually, Aleris was about to say 'wand' and not 'water'...though I can see why Harmose would think otherwise. Hee.

As everyone collects themselves and Ra-Khefer and Turel move forward down the stairs to the other set of doors, Aleris catches Deseri's strange movements out of the corner of her eye. She gives the woman a bemused look as she spins and laughs, waving her arms and hands about almost as if she were trying to swim through the air...or dance.

Is she addled or is that some sort of cultural dance? I'll have to ask her about it...oh, we're moving again! Let's try and do a better job of paying attention this time, shall we?

Upon entering the room, she lets out a low whistle as her eyes take the in tapestry as well as the other decor. She opens her mouth to speak, but quickly shuts it again as Ra-Khefer kneels in apparent reverence.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Quari also notes the aasimar's strange dance going on beside them. She looks around and notices that Aleris had seen it as well. She shoots the sylph a bemused grin and shrugs her shoulders. Strange time to dance, but so long as she keeps her mind on the task when it matters, that's fine by me...


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel sees Deseri start to dance out of the corner of his eye and resolutely turns his back on the scene.

I will NOT lose focus here!

He elects to stay next to the east doors to make sure the sand creature did not return.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Watching Aleris walk past her without taking the wand, Kito shrugs and puts the wand with her own equipment. "It is just a command word. Whatever works."

She then follows the rest down the stairs, totally oblivious to Deseri's dance.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

It takes her a moment to realizes that her group is moving. Blushing deeply she moves after them while continuing to bat at the figments.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

Harmose raises an eyebrow as Polux spits sand. "Oh! Let me take care of that."

Casts prestidigitation

The sand in Polux's mouth disappears, replaced by a lingering taste of mint. "I used to do this all the time after Mehr's parties. We'd get so drunk we'd wake up with all sorts of things in our --" Harmose looks like he's going to say more, then breaks off as he glances at Aleris. Maybe it's best not to go into full detail about Mehr's parties yet. "The Zet's are dwarves, with the constitution of oxen. You wouldn't believe the amount of alcohol that went into their cocktails. Me, I'm a bit more of a light weight."

"Sounds like the best kind of party" - Polux agrees - "Thanks for that, it may be one of the best uses for magic I have ever found" - he jests, tongue feeling around his mouth and teeth, and finding no sand whatsoever.

Ra-Khefer wrote:

Ra whirled around, but was too late to attack the creature, whatever it was.

He nodded at Polux, the apparent victor.
"Well struck warrior." He said, saluting.

"I got lucky with the timing master Khefer..." - he offers a short bow to the dwarf, immediately distracted by Deseri's dance, staring at the woman for a few moments.

Deseri wrote:
It takes her a moment to realizes that her group is moving. Blushing deeply she moves after them while continuing to bat at the figments.

"Celebration?"

---

As they move into the room, Polux was getting ready to begin searching the premises, but as his dwarf companion seems to show such reverence for the place, he hesitates momentarily. Only Ra-Khefer is finished, does he begin - "Does anyone detect magical auras of any sort? This place feels special"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito was peering at the tapestry when she hears Polux's question. Moving into the center of the room, she casts a spell. She then starts slowly turning, so as to sweep the whole room. She then moves to check any areas that might have been blocked by pillars.

The spirals sound like they might be connected to Pharasma's, and the tapestry could also be. I don't have ranks in Knowledge: Religion, so I take 10 for a result of 10...

Knowledge: History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 In case it is relevant

Cast Detect Magic, rotate until she had turned 360 degrees or slightly after detects some magic. Might as well try to get more than one ping in a sweep!


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Our own NUCLEAR Kito


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:
Deseri wrote:
It takes her a moment to realizes that her group is moving. Blushing deeply she moves after them while continuing to bat at the figments.
"Celebration?"

She freezes with her hand in the air and stares at Polux with wide eyes. Sure?

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Sense Motive DC 21:
That was a lie. She was distracted by the figments and playing with them, like a kid.

Still a little red in the face she follows after the others with her head down.

prestidigitation has so many uses ;)


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Polux smiles and nods back to Deseri - "Why not? Right?"

801 to 850 of 5,004 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.