Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


851 to 900 of 5,004 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel eyes the hauntingly beautiful woman out of the corner of his eye.

Sense Motive (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

His eyes widen at the falsehood. It seems to me she has not elected to open herself to us completely. While I find this troubling, I will not pass judgement on her...yet. Everyone needs a chance to prove themselves here.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Nothing in the room detects as magical.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra rose again.
Nodding at the tapestry he said; "This tapestry portrays the river of souls as it approaches the halls of Pharasma."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking again at the tapestry, Kito mentions "It looks different than the ones at the temple. Is that because of a difference in artists, or has our understanding of the faith shifted?"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari was disappointed that one of her first rooms of exploration didn't have much more interesting than a tapestry. No dusty tomes, no magic, I hope this whole idea wasn't a waste.

"Do we want to check the next room now," she asks, trying to hide her impatience. "We can come back and collect the tapestry later."


Inactive

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Aleris grins as the realizes what Deseri was up to, but decides to keep it to herself and not risk embarrassing the young woman by mentioning it or making a joke.

Once Ra-Khefer finishes his prayers, Aleris feels secure in proceeding into the room with the others. Carefully, she approaches the tapestry to give it a closer look.

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"It could be both," she responds to Kito. "Enough time has passed between the making of this tapestry and the present day that a shift in worship practices or understanding is possible, I'd think. I wonder, would the temple like to have this back? Or should we leave it?"

With a slight chuckle at Qari's words, she adds, "We don't have to decide right now, though. We can talk it over while we keep looking around. Northern doors next or the western ones over there?"

At least Deseri and myself aren't the only ones feeling a bit antsy.

Neither Aleris nor myself have any preference for which doors to check next.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Aleris Somciel wrote:
With a slight chuckle at Qari's words, she adds, "We don't have to decide right now, though. We can talk it over while we keep looking around. Northern doors next or the western ones over there?"

"West?" Kito suggests. "I've heard you when there isn't an obvious correct answer, you should follow the left hand wall while exploring dungeons."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

There have been so many distractions. Harmose enjoys watching Deseri's little dance, Polux's backside, and even the interesting twitches of Qari's tail. Getting to know her a bit better, he was slowly seeing the human girl and not the demon.

However, Harmose also knew how to focus. Looking at the map, he points. "There's something here that troubles me. Tuneya got this map from the filed plans in the Public Records office in Wati." He gets up and paces. "Imagine for a moment that you're Akhentepi. You're planning a tomb, adding traps to deter tomb raiders. So... Do you file complete tomb plans with office of Public Records? Or do you leave some things out?"

"Look." Harmose holds up the map. "We have an A12, an A13 and an A15. Where's A14? Maybe it's the hallway between A12 and A15, but since the only other labeled hallway on this entire map is A11, I don't buy it. I think we're missing a room. Also, A15 looks like it could be the main room of the tomb, right? But what kind of an Ancient Osirioni has a hall leading out the back of his main room? Where does it go?"

Harmose looks around the quiet A12, distrusting it. "My ancestors were canny bastards when it came to their tombs. They loved traps, false direction and false tombs. This map is likely accurate for the things it shows, but I'm guessing that there are things intentionally left out."

He takes a deep breath and then grins. "Of course there is only one way to find out if my theory is true. Let's check out A13 next. Polux, want to check the door for traps?"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Harmose wrote:
"My ancestors were canny bastards when it came to their tombs. They loved traps, false direction and false tombs."

Ra nodded at this.

"It is so." He rumbled. "Especially for those rich enough to provide artistic embellishments. Such as this inlaid floor." He said pointing.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking down, Kito asks "So the floor, especially the spiral, might provide a clue?"

She moves to the outside end of the inlaid spiral symbol on the floor and asks "Spiral inwards towards the center, or out from the center? I fear that I can never remember..."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

As everyone is distracted with considerations about the room they are in, Polux nods and moves to check the door, as suggested by Harmose.

Taking that 20 here then, for a total of 26.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux gives the west door a thorough examination, and feels convinced that it is untrapped, but it does remain locked.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

While Polux checks the west door, and Ra-Khefer and Kito check the floor, Harmose peeks behind the tapestry if it looks like he can do it without sending the whole thing crashing to the ground.

Taking 20 searching the room while Polux is, for a 26.

"Maybe I'm overthinking this. We'll just keep our eyes open from now on. Polux, do you think you can unlock the door to A13?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Searching the room does not reveal anything new.


Inactive

"That seems like the wisest choice. Let's search what the map shows us - or what seems readily apparent anyway - and then continue from there if it seems like we're missing something."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari smiled at Harmose's clever map reading abilities. "I have to admit, I've never spent any time around burial chambers before. I wouldn't have thought of class tom s and trap doors. Very clever."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I agree.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

The ladies' compliments make the sorcerer smile, but then he returns to the business at hand, whatever nastiness Akhentepi planned for them next. "Ready?"

After Polux unlocks the door, we'll open it, and then proceed with standard marching order through A13.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux is all business right now, and after carefully checking the door for traps, gets to work on unlocking it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Second roll just in case.

NOTE: Unlocking the door, but not opening it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux's first try fails, but the second try succeeds, the lock clicking open. The door to A13 is now both unlocked and untrapped.

---A13---
This short hallway narrows sharply to the west, descending to set of stairs that abruptly ends at a rough rock wall.
---A13---

There's a 10' wide landing which then narrows to 5' wide stairs downward, which then run into a dead end of rough, natural stone. The stairs can only be traveled one character wide. If someone goes down the stairs, please state so explicitly, otherwise I will just describe what you see from the landing.


Inactive

Aleris frowns as they proceed just inside the door and then suddenly come to a halt again. Standing on tiptoe to peer over the shoulders of the others, she blinks as she sees the dead end corridor. "That's odd. They never finished this section of the tomb?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Looking in from the doorway, Kito says "That or this leads to the hidden parts. Some people might not search an area that looks unfinished."

Looking at the ceiling, she asks "Can anyone tell if it is safe? I would hate for the ceiling to fall in on us."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Using mage hand, Harmose flies the sunrod down the hallway so that everyone can get a better look. "If you want, I can do this with a rock that I bonk against the walls."

Once again, a new room is the scariest thing in PbP...

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Kito wrote:
"Can anyone tell if it is safe? I would hate for the ceiling to fall in on us."

"I will check." Ra rumbled. "It is not unusual for a tomb to be not entirely finished. Cost overruns, architecture changes, and so forth. But in this case, they could have been interrupted. recall the great plague of that era."

Ra approached the truncated section and inspected it for safety, tapping gently against the stonework and listening.
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Harmose wrote:
"If you want, I can do this with a rock that I bonk against the walls."

"Please don't." He requested shortly.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

New things are scary!

Deseri moves so that she is behind Ra-Khefer as he examines the area. Trying to see what he sees while trying to stay out of the way.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

As the others move to examine the staircase and the rough wall blocking the passage, Turel takes the rear guard realizing he would only get in the way at this point. He is also concerned about the sand creature returning to continue its assault.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer enters the stairs. As soon as he does so, two large cat-sized beetles emerge from the cracks in the stonework with aggressive demeanor. Because of size and stair width issues, melee can only be joined by Ra-Khefer and one beetle, while the other beetle and the rest of the party are blocked from melee contact.

Beetle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Beetle Attack vs Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Beetle Dmg vs Ra-Khefer (if hits): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Everyone may roll initiative and post actions.


Inactive

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

From her position up on the landing, Aleris can just barely see the two beetles that scuttle out of the stonework to attack their dwarven companion. Remembering that fire had seemed effective enough against the bugs they'd fought the last time they were here, she focuses her attention on the bug threatening Ra-Khefer and calls upon a blast of holy fire.

Fire of Belief (Ranged Touch; Into Melee): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Unfortunately, she can't see very well with being at the back of group and misses the mark by a wide margin, scorching and blackening part of the nearby wall instead.

Fire of Belief (5/6) for the day.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Qari peers around the corner trying to figure out if she can even make out the enemies down there. As big as the beetle was, she could make out at least a portion of it, so he fired her cold Ray, trying to support the rocky team member.

RTA 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

If the battle is within 30', add +1 to hit and to damage.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Turel sees the dwarf Ra-Khefer sorely pressed by the beetle, and quickly switches to his only ranged weapon: his sling. He twirls it at a rapid pace

Move: Load sling.
Attack Beetle #1: Sling (w/bullet), Melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13; damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Polux is slow, but decisive in his reaction, moving behind Ra-Khefer, and thrusting forward with his longspear, doing his best to strike the beetle beyond the sturdy dwarf.

Longspear Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Aleris and Qari act before the beetles. Turel and Polux's actions take place after beetle initiative.

Aleris, Turel and Polux all miss. Qari hits, and one-shot kills one beetle. It lets out a squeal as the force of the blast hurls it against the sandstone wall. (I don't know if beetles squeal in real life but these are speshul giant beetles.) The other beetle remains.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Seeing Qari kill a beetle with a single shot, Kito moves next to her and casts a spell on her. "I have invested a small fraction of my power to aid you once." she explains.

Guidance, gives +1 on a single attack, save or skill check within the next minute. Must choose before the roll.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Ra received the beetles charge on his shield with a grunt, but stood his ground anyway. His hammer already out to sound out the stone, he made a sharp upswing into the creatures underarmor.
greathammer attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 crush damage.
"'Ware! Beetles! Big ones!" He shouted in warning.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer's greathammer blow strikes the beetle with a very satisfying CRUNCH, but -- OH NO -- it's still moving!!


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Acid Splash, RTA: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Harmose attempts to hit the remaining beetle, but all the bodies in the way make it difficult.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Deseri who was shadowing Ra-Khefer out of curiousity will move back so he may move if he wants to. Once out of the way she will lift her spear to strike when a beetle comes forward.
five foot back and readying an action to attack.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Unfortunately, the beetle is just quick enough to dodge Harmose's acid splash, just like it was just barely sturdy enough to withstand Ra-Khefer's greathammer blow. It is just barely on its last legs, as it were, but despite the many attempts to the contrary, it does manage to valiantly reach its initiative count and make the attack against Ra-Khefer as detailed above. However I believe Ra-Khefer's armor is sufficient to protect against the beetle's attack, and thus he takes no damage.

Aleris, Qari, Kito, Ra-Khefer and Harmose may post their second actions. They go before the beetle's second attack.


Inactive

The little beetle that could!

Although she's fairly certain that one more good hammer blow from Ra-Khefer would finish the remaining bug, Aleris decides that it's better to be safe than sorry and attempts another blast of holy fire.

Fire of Belief (Ranged Touch; Into Melee): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

But somehow she manages to miss even more badly than the first time, very nearly singeing Ra-Khefer instead. "Sorry, sorry!" she cringes.

Maybe I should just stick to my bow...

Fire of Belief 4/6 for the day.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Acid Splash, RTA: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 = 3
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Once again, the beetle dodges back and forth. "Qari, I can't hit the stupid thing! Can you?''

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

"Watch where you're shooting!" Called out Ra as he ducked fire and acid and spears as well as the beetles fearsome mandibles.
He overswung his hammer at the beetle, then took a five foot step back towards the large hallway.
greathammer attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for a possible 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 crush damage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The beetle defiantly clangs Ra-Khefer's greathammer off its carapace, still putting up a fight, the little devil! Now it's just up to Kito and Qari to decide if the tenacious beetle gets a second attack against Ra-Khefer.

If anyone has trained Knowledge (nature), it may yield some extra information here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 I know things!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Deseri knows that beetles are often hunted and eaten by solifugids. The group's previous expedition encountered the latter in A9, of which Deseri might have heard about, or if the group didn't bother disposing of the carcasses, she might have seen them while peeking into A9. These beetles seemed skittish and agitated to her, and she theorizes that they attacked out of fear for their lives. (Is that enough to make you feel sorry for them? :D)


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

You have guidance from Kito, Qari! Use the force!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito makes her way up behind Polux and casts the same blessing she had given Qari.

Cast Guidance on Polux


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari again focuses her nerve and uses her cold powers, shooting at that blasted beetle! She felt even more accurate with the bit of magic she had been gifted.

Guidance RTA 1d20 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 4 + 1 = 15

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

If the battle is within 30', add +1 to hit and to damage.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Qari's cold blast freezes the beetle and it stops moving. Battle is over.

Going back to Ra-Khefer's interrupted investigation down the stairs, he examines the stonework where it runs into the rough, unfinished stone, and while he finds several cracks that the beetles might have been traveling through (and which are too small for humanoids), he feels confident that down the stairs is just an unbuilt dead end. Construction has been started, but has been left unfinished for whatever reason.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Great work, everyone!' Harmose nods to Ra-Khefer. "Another dead end? Pity. But at least no one got hurt. Is everyone ready to proceed to A15? If so, let's be off! Polux, would you do us the honor of checking for traps?"

Harmose gestures towards the doors leading to A15.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito leaves the unfinished section and moves over to the northern door.

As Polux gets ready to check the door, Kito uses her spell again to help him. She then stands behind him, watching exactly what he does with keen interest. Excellent! This gives me a chance to see how someone with experience does this.

Cast Guidance on Polux while searching, and again as required while disarming.

851 to 900 of 5,004 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.