Iron Gods Campaign

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Iron Gods campaign.

Treasure list

maps

images


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,993 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"AAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!" Poshment laughs, holding his stomach. When he sees Zimdoz and Alldur being serious, he wipes the tears from his face and tries to compose himself.

"But metal is heavy! Like seriously heavy. How are you going to lift that without magic, much less make it fly?!"
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Alldur and Zimdoz, you can see that there are two creatures hiding under the trestle.

Knowledge nature checks if you want.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Know: Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

'What have we here?'


Alldur you recognise the creatures as dark slayers, they have spell like abilities and suffer with light blindness.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'If you can produce bright light, they'll be at a disadvantage.' Alldur says, drawing a wand.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"If you think we need it, I can have some bright light lickity-split!" Poshment offers.
________
I can prep Daylight in an open slot if you think it would be prudent! Takes 15 minutes though.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Not sure we have time.

"Hmm, probably not. Maybe we should just blast em? Or ask if they're working for Hellion? Either works for me, but I don't remember if they're bad guys or not."

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32


Zimdoz, you recall that Redtooth told you these creatures worked for Hellion.


What do you want to do?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment claps his hands with excitement. "Blast them, blast them! Servants of Hellion will only oppose us!"


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

At Poshment's encouragement, a missiles of force streak out towards the cowering creatures.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 3 = 8


Alldur's bolts strike the creature.

Does anyone else want to take a readied action.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

If it’s just a surprise round, Zimdoz loads his weapon with pellets, tanglefoot ordnance/toxic.

Zimdoz loads a hot pile of shrapnel into the barrel of his dragon pistol, waiting for the first chance to use it.


Time to go to initiative

Zimdoz initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Alldur initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Poshment initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Vivianne initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Grezzag initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

dark slayer initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


So initiative order:

Block 1: Alldur, Zimdoz and Grezzag

Block 2: Dark Slayers

Block 3: Vivianne and Poshment

So Block 1 your actions.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur continues to launch missiles at the creatures.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 3 = 13


The first of the creatures falls under the power of Alldur's blows, the other is still there.

Zimdoz, your action


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz readies an action to fire at them whenever he can get both with his scattering shot.

Assuming it goes off.

Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, scattering: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 25
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance, toxic: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 = 16
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled. Also a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed and fatigued
Dragon pistol, ranged touch, pbs, scattering: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 13
Dragon pistol damage, pbs, ordnance, toxic: 1d4 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 = 17
If hit, requires a DC 17 reflex save or be stuck to the ground and entangled. Also a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed and fatigued.


Under the power of Zimdoz's shot the second creature falls.

Loot: 2 sets of veemod goggles with brown veemods.


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"We're so awesome! Let see what other silly things are in this place," Poshment says as he continues in their planned direction.
________
Those are cool!


Moving on to S10

The northern wall of this cave bears a crude but still unsettling cave painting of a strange, four armed red fiend rising up from a mass of what looks like dead bodies- whatever eerie pigment has been used for this painting glows faintly in the dark. A dozen real bodies of orcs and ratfolk and a few humans lie heaped against the base of the wall below the painting. The torso of each decaying carcass sis slit open, as if exploded from within.


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'Well, this all seems pleasant. The big red fella kind of reminds of the thing we fought beneath the Light.'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"A little, yeah! These wounds though... That's a pretty unique wound for them all to share... Anyone ever seen anything like it? I never have," Poshment admits. He does his best to look around the area for any obvious culprits.
________
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Poshment you can't make out anything from the bodies.

Anyone else want to try?


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Alldur joins Poshment in perusing the carnage.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz also looks, hoping to find something the others missed, as a scavenger he's usually good at finding things nobody else wanted. He calms his senses, and takes a moment to look around, as there are no obvious distractions.

Take 10 on Perception if possible, for 25


Alldur and Zimdoz, you realise that the bodies are the result of a xill egg/young bursting out of their victims' bodies.

Knowledge planes on xill


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

Wow, probably the first magic user I've ever played where I DIDN'T take Know Planes!

'If I had to guess I'd say something was incubated in and burst from their chests.'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"That's really sick... I wish I didn't know why their chests were mangled!" Poshment says closing his eyes tight and tensing all the muscles in his body.

A whole minute passes, his body shaking slightly, before he finally peeks out from under an eyelid. Seeing that the corpses are still there and he knows quite clearly why their chests are disassembled, he sighs and waits for the group to move on before trudging along behind them.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

"I have no idea what caused this. Whatever it was, disgusting." He looks nonplussed by finding all the bodies.


What next?


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

The march to S12 continues!


S11

This long narrow cavern has a twenty five foot high ceiling adorned with hundreds of stalactites. The cave floor slopes downward to the east. Patches of strange fungi and lichen cling to the walls and floor-between these patches on the cave walls, strange words have been scratched into the stone. On the south wall, portions of a buried metal structure protrude from the stone, particularly in the middle where a wide metal ledge rises fifteen feet off the ground to support a nest made of bones woven together by pale strips of supple leather and cords of braided hair. Two panels of glass, both smashed to fragments once hung from the lower walls of the metal balcony.

In the middle of the nest a flame-red humanoid who appears to be a strange mix of insect and reptile, with four arms and twitching, fanged mandibles.

Knowledge planes


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"I can't quuuuite put my finger on it, but something in here gives me the willies..." Poshment admits.
________
Nobody has planes, right?


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Nope!

Zimdoz holds out his hands in supplication, putting away his dragon pistol, ”we have no quarrel with you, creature. Please let us pass through.”


"I will let you pass if you can release me"


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'And how would we go about doing that?'


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

"Every creature deserves freedom! But, I can't help but to wonder, why were you locked up in the first place?! Who would subject you to such cruelty?!" Poshment asks.
________
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Sense Motive (Response): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


"I was cursed to remain on this plane and can't return to my native plane. If you can remove the curse i can return home."

Poshment, you think that she is telling the truth, however you think if you're unable or unwilling to help her she is likely to get violent.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

”Is it a magic curse or... something to do with these machines?” Zimdoz asks, nonthreateningly. ”I’d like to help you if I can - but I just don’t know that much about magic...”


"It is a magical curse, binding my body to this realm."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment crosses his arms and props his chin up on one hand for a moment. "Hrmm..."

"Milani and I might be able to do something about a curse! I'll need some time though!" he offers. Assuming the creature is willing to wait about fifteen minutes, the Gnome sits cross legged and prays.

Prayers complete, he jumps up and runs over to the creature. "Bippity bopity BOOP YOUR SNOOT!" he says as he pokes it in the closest thing that passes for a nose.
________
Remove Curse vs Xill: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Well it doesn't get any better than that! Hope it is good enough...


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Good job Poshment!!


Wizard(metal elementalist) 7
Spoiler:
| Init +12 | Perc +7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 CMB +3 CMD 15| HP 33/37 | F +3 R +4 W+5| Iron Skin 8/8

'While we wait, what can you tell us about what lies ahead? Anything we should be concerned about?' Alldur asks the creature, hoping to keep it's mind occupied so it doesn't lose it's patience.


[i]Poshment, you get the impression that the spell was a success and the curse has been lifted.

"Ah, I thank you. At last i can go home. As a reward I give you my laser torch. I will also help you take on Hellion if you wish. I know that the area around the excavator arm is trapped and there is an ettin around somewhere but I don't know much more."


Gnome Cleric of Milani 7 | HP: 64/70 | AC: 20 [23] T: 13 FF: 18 [21] CMD: 15 | F+8 R+4 W+8 +2 fear/despair/death, +4 disease/poision | Init +2 | Perception +3; Darkvision
Tracked Resources:
1Reroll 1/1; Reach 2/3; Restorative Touch 6/6; Liberation 7/7 ; Channel Positive 6/8; Spells: 1st 4+1/5+1 2nd 3+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 0+1/1+1

Poshment's eyes go wide as the creature offers up a laser torch. Reverently, he falls to both knees, drops his head, and raises his arms to accept it. "My very own laser torch..." he whispers.

"ZIMDOZ!" he shouts, leaping back up. "TEACH ME, TEACH ME, TEACH ME!" he continues, running in circles around the Ratfolk, arms waving the new item around.


NG | Male Ratfolk Alchemist (Gun Chemist/Toxicant) 6/ Gunslinger (Gulch Gunner) 1 | HP 50/50+4 Temporary | AC 22-15-18 | F+9, R+12, W+3 | Per +15, Sense M +1, Init +6

Zimdoz boggles a bit "what the..." He shakes his head, "okay, a laser torch - just like a sword, but you just have to touch the enemies, and they ignite. Like my ordnance except more focused." He waves it around "and it can cut through walls and such, too" He pauses before giving Poshment back the torch "don't waste charges cutting things up for no reason! The fuel to charge this is pretty limited."

He says to the Xill, gratefully, "thank you, thank you. We appreciate any help we can get."


Female Human Martyr Paladin 7

She blinks a bit and stares at the laser torch. "...Huh." She stops and looks at her sword for a moment, before looking at the laser torch. Then her sword. Then the laser torch. She eventually shakes her head. "No, I'd probably hurt myself."

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,993 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Iron gods All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.