Giantslayer: With GM Placeholder of Doom

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Maps&Stuff
Loot Sheet


5,551 to 5,600 of 5,607 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

"I don't have anything to make fire on me." Amira states, patting down her pockets and going through her backpack.


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar pulls out his flint and steel, then sparks it to light the oil.


Kitsune Game Master

I won't insist on playing it out, but I need to clarify that you can't set cold oil aflame without a wick of some kind.

Menrozzar finds a piece of cloth from a sack and lights it with his flint and steel. It burns slowly soaking up the oil and finally it sets a doused wooden casket aflame. The bigger the fire gets, the hotter the room becomes and the fire spreads more rapidly. the silo like building starts to fill with smoke and finally the whole room burns, creating a huge column of black smoke from the oxygen starved fire rising into the sky.

Again some giants come running to check what is happening, but it is too late to save the food or the building.

Fight or run?


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

I mean, I also have torches, so we can just say I left one sitting in the pile of oil to gradually light it up.

The fire lit, Menrozzar says, "Come on, let's get out of here now that we've caused more trouble."


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Eyeing the oncoming Giants, Daseem makes an uncharacteristic suggestion, "Shall we hit the n-next target while they're busy?"

Of course he had no idea what the next target was.


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

"I think we start to run out of good targets. Or do you want to burn their tents over their heads?" Amira replies jokingly. But then her look gets worried, as Daseem might take that suggestion literally to please Gorum.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem's eyes light up, "Can w-we?"


Kitsune Game Master

A collective shake of heads grounds Daseem from his violent day dreams. The group swiftly retreats into a nearby hiding spot up the mountain, watching the village.

After a few hours the two fires are dying and the buildings are completely destroyed. With nothing to eat and only melted snow left to drink, ever more giants wander off to get some food. And a good number of them doesn't return. After two days, half of the giants are gone. Watch duties are skipped, training stops, the whole camp is falling apart. Only a few frot giants whose home this might be remain at the end of the week.

You don't have to wait for a week, but there is no point in further sabotage.

On the way to the hiding point, the group notices something, they haven't paid much attention to yet. At the highest point of the village stands a temple with symbols of a fly with a skull like marking on the back (P). There are cave openings in the mountainside (Q).

To the west of the temple in the mountainsade is something much more elaborate than the crude camp (T). Northwest of the village, a wide set of carved stone steps ascends to massive stone double doors set into the mountain itself. Two platforms to either side of the doors hold statues depicting a fierce and proud frost giant woman. Runic writing decorates the carved stonework above the doors.

You also notice something about the colossal burning wickerman (S) that stands between the temple and the stone doors into the mountain. Even though standing there the whole time since your first visit to the village, it hasn't burnt down.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem considered who might have a temple with a weird fly thing with a skull like marking...
Kn: Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Kitsune Game Master

Daseem:
Urgathoa, goddess of disease, gluttony, and undeath


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar watches as the giants slowly disperse. After the first day, Menrozzar says, "I think it might be safe to start investigating some of these caves on the mountainside. Once we've done that, we can look at that temple down there."


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Bupkis asks, "Anyone knows what god temple is for? Looks ominous!

"I say we investigate caves."


Kitsune Game Master

Four large cave entrances gape here, set high upon a cliff ledge that overlooks the village. Their shadowed depths lead directly into the side of the mountain. The ledge outside the caves is approximately 20 feet wide and covered with ice.

Taking a peek inside you find that this is a slippery slope.

DC15 Reflex save, or falling on the ice. Anyway, the slope accelerates you into the cave.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

With distaste, Daseem spits the word out in answer to Bupkis's question, "U-Urgathoa!"

Daseem mislikes the slippery conditions, but managed to keep standing as he peers into the cave.
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Bupkis creeps forwards carefully, whispering, "Icy, watch your step! Maybe some use rope?"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


Kitsune Game Master

The caves lead to a series of chambers which are littered with bones and the refuse of multiple large predators. The northern ends of these chambers slope downward and are covered with rime.

Perception DC25 or being Ivan:
You notice, that there is a large patch where the cave wall is not stone, but only thick ice.

You find that there are some dragons living in those caves, and they are not amused about the intruders. One immediately spits a ball of water, that bursts into a cloud of freezing mist.

@All
Cold - Ref DC20 for half: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 4, 6, 1, 2) = 16

Knowledge(Arcana) DC22 to identify the creatures:
Frost drakes. Immune to cold. Vulnerable to fire

Init:
Init Ivan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Init Menrozzar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init Daseem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Init Bupkis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Init Amira: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Init Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Init Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Init Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Init Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Drake
Amira, Bupkis <--
Drake
Daseem, Menrozzar
Drake, Drake


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

Ref: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Amira starts singing to get warm again.
Inspire Courage +2 - 54/62HP


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar heeds Bupkis's advice and ties a rope at the cave mouth in order to help stabilize himself and the others as they descend.

Reflex for the slope: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

He still goes sliding down the slope. Unless the rope gives me some kind of lowered DC.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

From his place on his butt, he notes the section of the cave that is, in fact, thick ice.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 So close!

Reflex for the breath weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Being on his butt may have saved him, somewhat, from the creature's breath weapon, though, as he avoids the worst of it.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Reflex: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Bupkis avoids being completely frozen. He powers up and shoots at the hostile reptilian creature. However, he loses his concentration and shoots wide.

Empowered Kinetic Blast, PBS, inspire courage: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 19

Out of interest, how far away are the enemies, and how many are there?


Kitsune Game Master

The next drake spits a chilling ball of water.

Cold: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 3, 1) = 20

Drake
Amira, Bupkis
Drake
Daseem, Menrozzar <--
Drake, Drake
Ivan

Within sliding distance for one move action.
Rope doesn't help with the Reflex for not falling, but can hinder the sliding.


Fighter 8/Ranger 1/brawler 1 HP:105/105, 0NL | AC: 38(42 vs giant subtype) FF: 35 T:19 |DR3/adamantine|| CMD: 30 (34vs trip, 38 vs bullrush, 38 vs overun)(+4 vs giant subtype)|Fort: +16(+5) Ref: +12(+5) Will:+8(+5)| Init: +2 Perception: +15

apologies all, Was sick with the flu past week, and working long hours at work due to seasonal stuff doesn't help much.

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

reflex2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

reflex3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Ivan manages to catch his footing, only to get a blast of frozen mist to the face. However, he is ready for the next one and catches most of it on his shield.

-26


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Reflex DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Daseem was startled by the sudden attack, but he recovered quickly, grinning "Gorum wills it!"

With a snarl he powered towards the closest Drake, blade flashing out!

Swift action: Use 1 fervor to cast Strand of the tangled knot the next attack against Daseem is at -10 to hit and can't crit.
Charge, power attack, furious focus, vital strike, inspire: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
Reroll: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34Damage: 4d6 + 22 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) + 22 = 31
Crit?: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36Crit Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (3, 6) + 22 = 31

I realize I should have done this before now, GM would you mind retconning Daseem healing himself? He would have done that after the previous combat had finished, because you know it hurts.
Potential Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 5) + 10 = 23


Kitsune Game Master

The drakes spit more cold balls of water at the group, after one of them takes a very painful cut through the scales by _Daseem.

@All
Cold: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 4, 2, 3, 2) = 26
Cold: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 4, 5) = 25

Drake
Amira, Bupkis
Drake
Daseem
Drake, Drake
Ivan, Menrozzar <--


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

Ref: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Ref: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

16/62 HP


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

The two blasts of cold water leave Daseem shivering violently!
Reflex DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Reflex DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 pass
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 fail
39 damage total: 27 after Force Ward

Bupkis could tell that his allies were suffering from the cold. Amira seemed to be in the worst shape, so he moved over to her and healed her, to keep her going.

Kinetic Healer (Amira): 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 4, 6) + 10 = 30

Bupkis will accept the burn, adding 10 back to his Force Ward.

Bupkis can heal Daseem next round (accepting his last point of burn. I figured Amira was likely to drop son without immediate healing.


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Reflex 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Menrozzar got walloped by the breath weapons. It was almost more than he could stand. He quickly cast a spell to shield himself from the cold before getting to his feet.

At 26/92 HP. Casting Resist Energy (cold) to gain resist 20 cold damage, then standing up.


Kitsune Game Master

Ivan uses his martial flexibility to cast a fireball.

Fire DC?: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 2, 3, 2, 6, 6, 6, 4) = 42

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

The drake Daseem wounded dies in the fire. The others are burned to different degrees.

Drake(RIP)
Amira, Bupkis <--
Drake(61)
Daseem
Drake(61), Drake(31)
Ivan, Menrozzar


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

Amira keeps singing to keep up the morale in this chilling environment. The song about the heroics of the group that she composes as she goes gets a line added about the gracious healings of the heroic goblin Bupkis.

Another line includes the verbals to HASTEn the party.

46/62 HP


Kitsune Game Master

The drake attacks Ivan.

Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 152d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + (2) = 12
Tail Slap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Drake(RIP)
Amira, Bupkis
Drake(61)
Daseem <--
Drake(61), Drake(31)
Ivan, Menrozzar


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Feeling like an icicle, Daseem shivers and growled "GORRRUM!" His hand flashed blue momentarily as he healed himself.

Using 1 fervor (5/8 used) to cast CMW as a swift action.
Cure Medium wounds: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1) + 10 = 17

Then he laid into Menrozzar's target, hacking furiously, empowered by Amira's magic!
Haste: Power attack, furious focus, vital strike, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 23 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 23 + 1 = 28Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (1, 6) + 22 = 29

Primary: Power attack, furious focus, vital strike, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 23 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 23 + 1 = 40Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (4, 6) + 22 = 32

Iterative: Power attack, furious focus, vital strike, inspire, haste: 1d20 + 23 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 23 + 1 - 5 = 36Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (3, 2) + 22 = 27
Crit?: 1d20 + 23 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 23 + 1 - 5 = 29Crit Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (6, 6) + 22 = 34

If his target dies before the iterative, he'll take a 5' step closer to the other drake.


Kitsune Game Master

Daseem cuts the remaining two drakes down with powerful swings of his two handed blade.

Combat over.

There is a tiny dragon hoard in the cave.

loot:
escape ladder (Ultimate Equipment 296), two potions of lesser restoration, 22 pp, 714 gp, and three garnets worth 65 gp each.


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Menrozzar shakes his head. "Well done to the rest of you. I spent most of that fight on my butt and freezing."


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem shivered violently and with chattering teeth he muttered "Should mebbe h-h-heal up before we do anything else."

Bupkis up to you if you want to heal Daseem or if he uses the (probably rapidly depleting) wand. Daseem does have a couple of small self heals memorised too.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Bupkis heals Daseem, since he seems to be in rough shape.

Kinetic Healer(Daseem): 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 4, 2) + 10 = 27

"We should rest soon — Bupkis feeling tired."

Bupkis will accept the burn to heal Dasseem, puting him at his maximum daily burn of 7. He has 70 NL damage, so he can fall unconscious fairly easily


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

Between clattering teeth Amira suggests "We should make a fire."


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Can Bupkis hit Menrozzar with a heal? I'll take the burn on that one. How is Bupkis already at max Burn? We should have rested before doing this.

"Good idea. Let's set about it."


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem knew that while a fire would be very welcome, it's smoke or flames would attract unwanted attention. So he looked around to see if there was any suitable place for them to construct a fire without being seen, and also for firewood.

Perception?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Survival?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Kitsune Game Master

There are two smoldering buildings that still send smoke into the sky. In the cave is nothing to burn, but in the village that is in the process of being abandoned there is easily some wood found. Even though most of the former inhabitants didn't care about the cold, they still liked cooked food. Also the woods beyond the village offer dead wood to collect. But the question remains, where to make it. To be on the safe side, the group retreats into the woods, somewhere, where the trees are dense and giants would have a hard time moving through.

And so the group gets to enjoy an afternoon off from fighting around a nice campfire.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem liked a campfire, but he wondered what they wanted to do next. To Menrozzar he asked, "S-seen enough caves?"


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

"Well, no. I guess there are more 'caves' behind that large doors at the mountain. Whatever is hiding in there."

"And I wonder what this huge burning man statue is doing in front of it."


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem shrugged at the colossal wicker man but then he wondered if it might have some religious significance.

Kn: Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Kitsune Game Master

This humanoid-shaped colossus is a towering fury of burning wicker and wood. Actually of colossal size (30ft space).

Wickerman Knowledge(arcana) DC23:
The wickerman is a construct of the fire type.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

"Eh! Strange burning t.t.thing, why's it not burnt out?" muttered Daseem darkly. He wasn't afraid of much, but he thought it unnatural and that he didn't like.

Guess there's a possibility Menrozzar might be able to identify it, if the dice gods are kind.


Male Human Bloodrager 6/Dragon Disciple 4 | AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22 Uncanny Dodge | HP 92 (132/132 Bloodrage) | Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +8; Resist fire 10 | Perception +14 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 30 rounds/day | Active Effects: none

Happy Holidays, all. Visiting family + a stomach bug prevented me from getting to this until now.

Menrozzar studies the burning wicker man.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

"I don't know what it is, but we should probably be careful about it. Maybe we try and avoid it?"


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

"Being cautious is never a bad thing. But I don't think it is possible to avoid it, if we want to get a look behind that large doors in the mountainside."

Amira ponders the situation some more.

"Unless... we use magic to get behind the doors directly. There is some risk, as we don't know what is behind the doors. But I could bring us behind the door from roughly 800 feet away."


Human Arsenal Chaplain 10 | HP 39 / 83 (4 burn) AC 23 T12 FF23 | CMB +13 CMD 26 | F +11 R +6 W +12 init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +8 Perception +17 Sense Motive +16 Survival +11 Craft:Blacksmith +13 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +16

Daseem muttered distrustfully, "Hoodoo... Ain't gonna h-help if we have to come back the other way. 'Sides it's just some big b-burnin' thing. Not like is gonna c-chase us!" He seemed really certain of that!


Kitsune Game Master

After some back and forth, the decision is made to take a closer look, before making a decision. It looks like a burning man statue from afar and even when coming closer that impression doesn't change. It is just curious that it doesn't burn down.

Until the group decides to go for the doors. Then the colossal figure starts moving.

Init:
Init Ivan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Init Menrozzar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Init Daseem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Init Bupkis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Init Amira: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Init Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Party <--
Wickerman (30x30x30 ft large, with 30ft reach)
You start at 50ft away and still would have to pass it to reach the doors.


Female Halfling Songhealer(10) - Ini+6, HP62 AC 20/16/15, F+5/R+13/W+9, Perc+0, SpC+21

"Want me to get us all out of here?"


Goblin Aether Kineticist 10 HP: 106/133 (70 NL) Force Ward: 20/20 | AC:26 T:17 FF:20 | Saves F:12 R:15 W:5 | Init: 7 | Per:17| CMB:4 CMD:21 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 7/7 | Internal Buffer: 1

Bupkis powers up and tries to blast the statue.

Empowered Kinetic Blast, PBS: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 = 29
For Damage Calculation: 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 4, 1) + 10 = 28 | 28 x 1.5 = 42
Piercing Damage, PBS, inspire courage: 42 + 1 = 43

"Might be an idea!", Bupkis replies to Amira.

Is the statue actually on fire?

5,551 to 5,600 of 5,607 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Giantslayer: GM Placeholder of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.