Giantslayer: With GM Placeholder of Doom

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Combat Map
Trunau

Clues
NPC Images
Loot Sheet
Old Loot Sheet


1 to 50 of 2,979 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Giantslayer Map : Senate

Almost all of Trunau’s seven hundred odd citizens have gathered in the Commons, the large amphitheater in the centre of town. The merriment is already under way with several long wooden tables heavily loaded with food and drink - being genially guarded by four off duty guardsmen.

Jubilation fills the evening air in contrast to Trunau's normally staid atmosphere, for it is the twelfth birthday of the Chief Defender’s youngest daughter, Ruby, and the townsfolk have been preparing all day for the ceremony and festivities to follow. The throng of cheerfully noisome spectators quiets as the weathered town leader, Halgra of the Blackened Blades, takes the stage and begins to speak.

“Thank you all for joining us this night. I take immense pride in my responsibility as Chief Defender, especially when it comes to the honor of the hopeknife ceremony. It is always a great privilege to bequeath Trunauan youths their hopeknives as they come of age.” Halgra stops speaking long enough to open an ornamental case and retrieve a slender, ornately decorated dagger hanging from a silver chain.

“But tonight is a special occasion, for the recipient of this hopeknife is none other than my youngest daughter.” Once again, Halgra pauses, but this time she turns to talk to the child beside her.

“Ruby, by the traditions of our town, you have come of age. This hopeknife represents your responsibilities as an adult and defender of Trunau. You must be willing to use it on yourself, your fellow Trunauans, and your family — even me, should it come to that. It will be a far quicker death than that which the orcs will offer, and providing it is your duty. Do you swear to guard Trunau from all comers, and to use your hopeknife only for its intended purpose?” Ruby — dusky skinned, black haired, and painfully shy — nods her head in response to her mother’s question.

“If the orcs come, and there is no other option, this is where you cut — here, here, and here.” Halgra demonstrates which arteries to sever while Ruby watches. When she is finished, Halgra sheathes the hopeknife and places the necklace around Ruby’s neck before turning back to address the crowd.

“Tonight, Ruby becomes a full member of our community! Let us welcome her, and celebrate her passage into adulthood! Trunau forever!” The crowd echoes Halgra’s last words in unison, signalling the end of the ceremony. Once Halgra finishes her speech, the townsfolk waste no time transitioning to the ceremony’s more light-hearted festivities

Rodrik and Kurst Grath, accompanied by four guards drag a thick rope up onto the stage and Rodrik steps forward pointing an accusing finger at Ruby and bellowing melodramatically, "Not so fast! If you want to prove yourself to be a worthy citizen of Trunau you will need to prove yourself to us the dashingly handsome townsguard in a tug-o-war!"

Up on the stage the guardsmen are mugging for all they are worth making muscleman poses and blowing kisses, with the exception of Kurst who is covering his face with a hand and shaking his head. The crowd boo and hiss them in a good natured fashion, and it is clearly a familiar and much loved tradition.

Rodrik bellows, "You may choose five people to help in your inevitable defeat!" Despite his theatrics, and dark tone Rodrik clearly cannot keep the grin from his face, and the nervous Ruby smiles back at him before turning to search the crowd,

"Errr, I call upon...."


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Please provide an introductory post for your character designed to let others know what they look like, give a rough idea of their day to day life, and a glimpse of their personality. Remember virtually the whole of Trunau is in attendance so you are likely with your friends or loved ones. You need to be in, or at least near the crowd, able to hear Ruby's call, and you do need to respond to it, however reluctantly.


Giantslayer Map : Senate

"Wait!" A burly, but also emphatically portly guard comes running over, "make it six I need to earn my ale!"

Rodrik quirks an eyebrow and shakes his head, but gestures for the rotund guard to join them on stage, "My pardon Ruby, you may choose six people to help in your," he glances over as the large man pulls himself up onto the stage with some difficulty, "slightly less inevitable defeat..."

Knowledge local or Involvement with the Militia:
This man is known as Fuller, which while his actual surname is mostly used as an adjective. He is a notorious gambler over anything and everything, and his last minute inclusion probably has something to do with soem fool bet.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis had never seen so many people in one place in his life. There was a lot of people gathered near the Barterstones on market days, but nothing like this! At first he hung back, but at Rodrik's urging he moved to the front of the crowd, as the popular patrol leader asked people to make way for the little goblin. A few people gave Bupkis funny looks, but no one was about to argue with Rodrik Grath.

Rodrik had his own duties to attend to, so Bupkis was left alone in a sea of humans. He had spent half his life scavenging on the edge of human settlements, trying to avoid being seen. He felt exposed, and had to fight the urge to scramble away and hide. He couldn't do that, though; Rodrik was his friend, and had specifically invited him. He looked around to see if he could spot Alicia, but she wasn't visible from where he was standing. No doubt she was with her family, perhaps perched on her father's shoulders. Bupkis was just a touch over 3 ft tall, about average for a goblin, so almost everyone towered over him.

He listened intently during the ceremony, and watched Ruby, who was three years older than Alicia. He winced as Ruby's mother instructed her daughter where to cut with the Hopeknife. Bupkis must make sure Alicia doesn't has to do that! When the crowd joined in with the last words of the ceremony, he called out, "Forever!", but everyone else had already finished, and he felt embarrassed as people turned to look at him.

He wondered what a 'tug-of-war' was. He was familiar with goblin games like 'rabbit conkers', 'spider-rat-knife' and 'ride the pig', but he got the impression that those weren't played here. When the rope was produced, he understood. To his chagrin, he realized he didn't have a piece of rotten fruit to throw as the contestants, as was traditional in his former tribe.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

That morning started like any other, Daseem aroke in the false light before real dawn, the refrain of a marching song from his dream was fading as sleep fell away from him. He went to kiss the still sleeping from of Tessa, she was very beautiful with long plaited brown hair, fine skin, a diminutive nose and piercing blue eyes... She was still deeply asleep and looked so peaceful he he didn’t want to wake her. Besides it would only hasten the inevitable argument, he was due to go out on patrol soon. ”Two whole weeks!” Tessa had exclaimed when she’d heard, to say she was unhappy was an understatement. It was strange Daseem was ready for any fight except this one, so cursing his lack of moral fiber he stole out of bed like a thief and padded downstairs. Judging from the snores coming from the landing room Tessa’s Aunt Lessie was still asleep as well. Daseem made his way to the basin, poured some water in and washed his face. Aunt Lessie was a wealthy lady, and even after six months Daseem couldn’t quite believe her wash room rated a full length mirror.

In the half light he shaved and studied his figure, slightly over six foot, muscular, without an ounce of fat. He had dusky skin crisscrossed with a latticework of scars, the benefit of a martial education, his trainers hadn’t believed in using dull practice blades. His curly hair was short in the military style. As he made himself presentable, Daseem thought sourly, ’Tall dark and handsome, too bad I can’t ever say the right thing. If only they could glimpse into my mind, I’d stun them all with my eloquence... Bah who am I kidding, the only way I’m going to stun anyone is with my damn gauntlet!’

Dawn still hadn’t fully broken by the time he’d made it to the Clamor, naturally Sara Morninghawk was already up. ”Morning Daseem.” she called brightly, ”Are you going to the Commons later for the Ceremony? Everyone will be there.” Daseem hated that kind of thing, he’d lost an argument about it with Tessa yesterday and he could see that Sara was apparently in league with her. He grunted something like, ”Nnng Yeah’suppose.” Without waiting to be told, her fetched her several bags of coal and helped her stoke the forges, it was going to be a long day…

Later on, Daseem was being frog marched by the ladies towards the amphitheater everyone called the Commons. There was no escaping this, it was inevitable. He’d just have to grin and bear it and hope nobody tried to talk to him. If that happened no doubt he’d put his foot in it in front of Tessa and that would just be unbearable. While Daseem was there in body, his spirit was far away - dreaming of glorious battle in the name of The Lord in Iron. Daseem’s revery was broken by an elbow in the ribs, what had he done now to annoy Tessa?!

Rodrik wrote:
"Not so fast! If you want to prove yourself to be a worthy citizen of Trunau you will need to prove yourself to us the dashingly handsome townsguard in a tug-o-war!"

Tessa elbowed him again, confused Daseem looked at her quizzically, ”Huh?”

Rodrik wrote:
Rodrik bellows, "You may choose five people to help in your inevitable defeat!"

Looking cross, Tessa nudged once more, ”We spoke about this, but clearly you weren't listening!” There was an unspoken 'again', Daseem’s heart sank, sometimes when Tessa worked herself up into a fury he zoned out and indulged in daydreams of glorious battle, riding dragon back and hunting other fantastical creatures. Another elbow, harder than the last. With a start he realized he was doing it again! In an angry whisper Tessa told him, ”You promised you’d try and get more involved with the townsfolk. Get over there, and help her!”

Looking more than a little abashed, Daseem made his way to the front. His eyes narrowed as he noticed Fuller, was this some kind of drunken lark? The man was half cut most of the time, including when he was supposed to be on duty. Daseem pointedly ignored him and walked closer. He glanced back and noticed Tessa's eyes boring into his, and also the regard of hundreds of people. Daseem felt himself blushing and dejectedly made his way over to Ruby’s side. He muttered something that might have been, ”Er yeah. Name’s Daseem, I’m uhh, here to uh help.”


HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

Scrabbler was juggling. Five multicolored balls spun through the air in ever changing patterns. A jester's hat lay upside down in the dirt, a smattering of coins inside it. Every once in a while one of the balls was replaced by a random, strange object pulled from nearby. A hat snatched off a child's head, then just as quickly put back. A startled duckling that squawked and flapped while it's mother angrily chased Scrabbler around until he put it down. A shoe that the goblin jester had somehow stolen, then tossed back to it's surprised owner.

The crowd laughed. The goblin grinned.

Ruby called his name. One after another all the balls hit the ground.

"Me's?"


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

It was hard to miss Ivan, for even on the rare occasion that he wasn't wearing his black steel armor, he always was seen carrying around his tower shield, the height of which almost perfectly matched the muscled dwarf's height. At his side hung an ornate Dwarven warhammer, and a just as ornate dwarven war-axe, both fashioned from the same black steel as his armor and shield, and inlayed with the same silver and gold type etchings. He had a large, well groomed, jet black beard, but kept the top of his head completely bald. "Fer a betta' fit" was his response when asked. He had spent most of the day today sparring and helping some of the other militia members better grasp the intricacies of using a tower-shield, and how to make better use of them when fighting as a unit. As such, he still wore his armor and had just recently dried from the days labors.

Ivan toasted to ruby as she was accepted as an adult, this was only his second viewing of the ceremony. His large tankard sloshing a small amount of its contents onto a nearby dwarf by name of Mulgur, one of the few friends Ivan had made in his first week in the town. He merely shook his head, long used to Ivan's more boisterous antics, and followed suit not able to help but smile. Aye! To the wee lass! An' Ne'er may she need ta use tha ornate letter opener' Ivan then drains the entire content of the mug before having it filled again.
Oy, I be thinkin' this hopeknife business a grim and cheap way out'a it, ironic even by me standards, but, if'n it make the folk content, then so be it.

As the guards enter onto the stage, Ivan's voice is heard above most others as it bellows. Bah! She'd take all of ye lot on alone N' not break nary' a sweat for 'er troubles! But, So ye lot can save yer pride, Old Ivan 'ere will aid the lassie! Ivan would slap his mug onto a self-made attachment to his shield, seemingly designed purely for the purpose of holding his mug. He would then make his way towards the stage. Setting his tower shield firmly into the ground beside him.

Once next to Ruby, he would give a wink before saying. Ye ready te' make this lot look like the durned rockheads they are lassie?

He'd turn to the others, If'n ye don't know me yet, the names Ivan Ironbrow, or, maybe ye 'ave heard O' the name some O' the guard 'ave given te me? The Mountain! He bellows out, half towards the crowd, half towards Kurst and the others.
He speaks to Ruby again.
See? They already shakin' in there boots Bwahaha! As he laughed, his hand moved the shield, causing some of the drink to splash onto the stage.
Hehe, this'll be fer that cheap shot last week Kurst.


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17

It had long and rough for day for Edgar and, by extension Edwin. After Shina was less than thrilled when they showed up at the countinghouse unanounced but had agreed to meet them today after her shift ended. As far as their youngest brother, Edrik, they had not gotten a chance to see him yet; Shina mentioned something about ranging with the guard but she seemed evasive about and it was troubling to Edgar. After spending last night at the Ramblehouse he was wondering what he would do about the state of affairs his family was in, and how long his meager purse would allow him to stay at the aforementioned inn. how much did last night cost me? He spent most of the day seeking information on the official state of the old farm land and looking for employment. When the appointed hour of his meeting with Shina arrived he was relieved to get to speak to his sister in length.

Shina listened to his story about what had happened around the fire and how he had seen the all and wanted to return. All was going well, at least Edgar thought it was, until he mentioned that the human shaped figure behind them was their brother Edwin.

By this point Shina had heard enough,”haha...Wow, just wow Edgar. You expect me to believe that after you smoked something from a strangers pipe, you saw of vision of me and Edrik? And our dead brother and our dead mother and our dead father?” she said clearing fuming,”and they told you to come back, after 9 years? B%+@~&+$.” she swore as she started to stand up and leave.

Edgar’s usual grin vanished as his worse fear, previously unrealized, was happening. ”Shina no... how can you say that, this IS Edwin, only as an azata. That’s why he looks so...so....different...” he said somewhat defeated, why can I never put my finger on it? He is Edwin, just different. Why can’t she see that?

Shina rolled her eyes at him,”look I don’t know what that is” she says pointing to Edrik, “or what your trying to pull, but stay away from Edrik and me. As far as I’m concerned he’s the only family I have left.” she finished as she stormed away.

——————————————————————————————————————

Edgar wondered for a few hours in silence with Edwin. sometimes I wish he would talk to me Edgar thought. Edwin had no problem communicating through the mental tie but he never spoke or used language of any kind.

As they walked along the streets they came upon the start of the ceremony. Edgar made for the other way but Edwin gave him a stern look, that quickly changed to longing. ”Fine, have it your way brother.” he said as they headed towards the crowd he could hear a voice esposing about the meaning and tradition of the knife. I haven’t heard these words since that night, he thought looking over to Edwin whose peculiar features seemed to be drawing a few eyes away from the stage. He looked back to the stage as he heard the voice going over which arteries and veins to cut. ”lets go get closer, I can’t see anything here” he says nudging Edwin. As they moved through the crowd he sees Halgra and Ruby right as the crowd chants the last words. Edgar does not, causing Edwin to frown. ”don’t look at me like that. You heard Shina anyways, I don’t count as part of family or town” yet. he thought to himself.

When the guard issued his challenge Edgar looks to Edwin,”I don’t remember them doing that when we were that age, course I don’t remember them holding the ceremony when we were this young eitheeerrr ahhhahhaha.... hello, Ruby was it? he says with a sheepish smile as Edwin shoves him to the front to help. Edgar looks back and sees a smirk across his brothers face. Edgar dusts himself off and says, ”well looks I’ve been, almost literally, pressed into helping you here, but don’t worry, I’ll do my best!” he says with a smile, adding,” Names Edgar by the way.” reaching to shake hands with Ruby and the others in turn.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar stretched his shoulders out as he stood in the crowd. One of the tallest people in town, he had no trouble seeing over those in front of him. Well-muscled and clad in his scale mail, with his lucerne hammer, he was an easy sight to see. The lucerne hammer was considered an odd choice, but keeping orcs back was just as effective as getting close to them. Safer, too, since they were less likely to bury an axe in you. Standing with his mother and father, his brown eyes looked over everyone who was there, seeing Ivan, the Dwarf who trained with them. He was a bit gruff, but smart, and listening to him would make them better fighter - it would be easier to drive the orcs off that way. He saw Daseem, wedged between Tessa and Sara Morninghawk - he was a good fighter when he trained with them, but he was very reluctant to get involved with the town wholeheartedly. Towards the front he saw Captain Rodrik Grath leading that goblin he'd taken a liking to to the front - it was a curious friendship, but the goblin didn't cause trouble, so no one would likely care.

Menrozzar had enjoyed the day - after a good morning of training, he'd been able to take the afternoon off and spend it with his parents in preparation for the festival. He listened as Halgra gave her speech, and asked Ruby swore to use the hopeknife, and she showed here which arteries to cut. He remembered the day his father had shown him the same. He called out with the rest, "Trunau Forever!"

When Captains Rodrik and Kurst Grath came up for the tug of war, Menrozzar grinned. He'd spoken with them this morning, asking to be one of the four guards chosen for tug of war, but they had said they'd already picked out the four, and maybe he could do it next time. Jokingly, he'd told them they would be sorry - and now they would be. He moved through the crowd towards the front as Ruby decided those who would help her.

He snorted as Fuller ran up, looking to join them, and shook his head. Though the gambler wouldn't add much force, he certainly added a bit of weight. Still, since it looked like he would be the last up there, it meant he could be part of it. Stepping out of the crowd, he said with a smile and a hint of a laugh in his voice, "Captains Grath, I told you that you would be sorry for not choosing me - now I shall make good on those words!" Setting his lucerne hammer down, he says to Ruby, "I am Menrozzar Vyrlock, member of the guardsman - but today, I shall be your champion in this contest of strength." This also allowed him to introduce himself to the others who had come to help - although he hoped the goblins were stronger than they looked.


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Current position 0. Pull towards players will be positive, pull towards guards negative, in feet, you need 20 to win, or -20 to loose.

Ruby smiles tentatively at the group coming to her aide, mouthing a silent, "thank you".

Both teams heft their side of the rope, separated by some 30 feet with a chalk line drawn at the center point. With the crowd cheering and jeering, they ready themselves for the tug-o-war.

"Ready, set, pull!" Halgra shouts, and both sides begin to strain.

With Bupkis and Scrabbler's quick reactions Team Ruby seize the initiative, as Kurst bellows, "One, two, three puuuuullll!"

The first person to post may roll a Str check for Team Ruby, please check to see if you have been ninja'd after you post since the outcome may change. Your total Strength modifier is +6, which includes -1 for Ruby. I would ask you all to make a post describing your efforts, reflecting the result of the roll, and possibly observations each round.

Tug-o-War Rules:

As a full-round action each round, each team attempts a Strength check opposed by the other team’s Strength check. The winning team pulls the rope (and the opposing team) 5 feet toward
its side. For every 5 points by which the winning team exceeds the opposing team’s check, the winning team pulls the rope an additional 5 feet. The opposed checks continue each round, with a new initiative check each round, until the first member of a team is pulled across the center line, at which point that member’s team loses the match. To be honest the init seems a bit pointless, but might help for descriptive purposes.

Feel free to try any tricks, such as intimidating, distracting, etc., you can think of. But you must be able to either do them as a move action or not exert your strength on the rope pull. Going mean or damaging is not really appropriate.

Init Team Ruby: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Init Guards: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Guards Str: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Team Ruby Strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Menrozzar takes the anchor role, bracing his legs to pull with all his might. He gives a mighty heave as the tug of war begins, laughingly shouting to his team, "Come on, lads! Let's show them how powerful Ruby is!" The combined strength Team Ruby moves the center 10 feet in their direction, getting them halfway to the needed distance.

Menrozzar shoots Ruby a smile at their success and says, "That's it! Show them just how strong you are! They'll regret challenging you to this contest!" He turns his smile to the guards on the other side of the rope, making it obvious that he is only kidding around with them - after all, they were his friends and coworkers, and it was important the unit maintain cohesion and camaraderie when working together in the field.


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan snaps his fingers. Aha! I'm thinkin' I got me an Idea. Before the match starts, Ivan ties the end of the rope to his tower shield, and when the go is given, pushes with all his might into the shield, holding it steady with his arm like he would in a battle.

Alright lassie! jus' one more heave ta' go! Give it all ya got!
Ivan gives a wink, though it was somewhat difficult to see. He chuckles and waggles his fingers for a moment when he catches Kurst's look.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

When Ruby pointed towards him, Bupkis looked around to see who she was pointing at, until the realization dawned on him that he was her pick. He moved to the rope and grabbed hold, and looked around at the crowd, ready to dodge flying spoiled fruit or vegetables.

When the pulling started, he did his best to heave his 35 lb bulk into the effort.

Strength, aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Should I be making a strength check at all? Would it help our efforts if Bupkis didn't pull, given his strength penalty? :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

Scrabbler knew he wasn't going to be much help pulling on the rope, but he was very good with ropes, so....

Take 10 on Acrobatics for 23 to balance on the rope.

He climbed right up on the taught rope and started walking on it, his arms out for balance, making a show of getting close to the center line but never crossing it.

He started antagonizing the opposing team, making faces, inserting random, badly timed numbers into their pull count, making fun of their appearance, waggling his butt at them, and farting loudly and wafting it toward them.

Perform: Clowning: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Scrabbler is playing to the crowd, but he's also trying to make the other team laugh so they have a harder time pulling and staying coordinated.


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17

Never being one for brute strength, Edgar puts on the best show he can of trying to look like he is actually helping. 3 warriors, 2 goblins and myself playing tug of war on the night of a hopeknife ceremony, sounds like the beginning to a bad joke... he things to himself as he pulls.

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Despite his lack of strength, he appears to be doing quite well, and it elevates his spirit as he decides to join on the boasting, ”Come now little Ruby, no need to beat them so solidly so soon, we should at least give a good show before we trounce them and feast upon our victory!” he says with a wide grin.


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Not being used to being in front of large crowds, Daseem was nervous and his palms sweaty. Still he felt better when Menrozzar took the anchor, a solid reliable man, Daseem approved. Not wanting to let the side down he gave a mighty tug but the rope slipped through his, burning them.

Strength, aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

In truth it did hurt, but the major injury was to his pride. 'This is ridiculous! Making a fool of myself in front of capering goblins and all these people. Just so infuriating!' But then a thought occurred, 'But so was the hazing line back at the academy... The Sarge was right, best way to handle that and perchance this is not to react.' So with great effort he picked himself up, set his jaw and made ready to pull again.


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Current position +15. Pull towards players will be positive, pull towards guards negative, in feet, you need 20 to win, or -20 to loose.

"I just don't want to split my dress like Elise Whipple did," Ruby whispers anxiously in reply to Edgar, the horror of such a potential experience reflected in her wide eyes.

The guards seem quite bemused by Team Ruby's unconventional tactics, a pock marked young man amongst their number forgetting himself and actually clapping Scrabbler's antics before receiving a kick in the shins from one of his fellows and snatching the rope again. This enables you to gain a full fifteen feet, and leaves the guards looking embarrassed and determined. At the fore Rodrik wears a wry smile, while Kurst looks sweaty and mildly irked.

The crowd loves it cheering loudly, laughing, and rattling their hopeknoves in their scabbards in approval.

The guards may be determined to salvage their pride, but distracted as they are they fail to react before the nimbler Team Ruby and loose the initiative again.

Init Guards: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Init Team Ruby: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Guards Str: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The first person to post may roll a Str check for Team Ruby, please check to see if you have been ninja'd after you post since the outcome may change. Your total Strength modifier is +6, which includes -1 for Ruby. I would ask you all to make a post describing your efforts, reflecting the result of the roll, and possibly observations each round.


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17
GM Placeholder of Doom! wrote:

"I just don't want to split my dress like Elise Whipple did," Ruby whispers anxiously in reply to Edgar, the horror of such a potential experience reflected in her wide eyes.

team strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

”I wouldn’t worry about it too much Ruby, that’s the way!! Keep the crowd entertained for a few more seconds before we finish them!” Edgar says as the team maintains a strong lead and slowly pulls the first man of the opposition over the line. trust me Ruby, it can’t go as bad as mine did

”TO RUBY!!” Edgar starts to chant, hoping the crowd will join in, “and you three,” he booms, pointing at Daseem, Ivan, and Menrozzar, “hoist the nights champion high for all to see,” motioning towards the rest of the crowd, “ chant her name so loud, the flames of the fallen will hear her name and know another avenger is added to the towns rank!” He finishes triumphantly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

"I chant too!," Bupkis replied to Edgar. "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby! Goblins good at chanting!" He forgot about pulling for a moment and reached into his pocket for a snack. He pulled out a piece of moldy cheese, and was about to eat it, when he had a better idea. Concentrating, he floated it over to Rodrik, where it stopped in front of his nose; maybe the prospect of some nice cheese would distract him!

Using Basic Telekinesis to move the cheese.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

One of the other rope pullers, the one who called himself Edgar was chanting Ruby's name. Daseem was about to shout her her name too when he felt the rope grow taught, and by instinct he threw his weight into it. The ground underneath started to give way and he clung on shouting a wordless, "NUUUuuhhh!" as he put his back into it.

As he did Daseem caught sight of the enemy, 'No not the enemy, just the opposition.' he reminded himself, 'Oh look they're staring at those silly goblins rather than the rope. Well! Whatever they're doing is working, maybe this won't be so bad...' Or so he hoped. Feeling a little buoyed he even managed a "Ruby!" through clenched teeth.


HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Scrabbler ran down the rope chasing the floating cheese, but stopped himself just before crossing the line. He backpedaled a bit, then made a show out of trying to coax the cheese back over to him, bugging and pleading with it, opening his wide mouth and gesturing.

I'm glad we have actual strong people pulling on the rope, because Team Goblin is basically useless here.


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan Literally put his back into it, slamming it against the shield. His figure half disappearing into the huge shield. He can be heard however, when he bellows out in between shoves.

Atta' lassie, give'em HRG anotha' MRGH strong pull. An don't ye ARGH worry bout' that dress, HRNGH, ye'll be fine!


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar gives yet another heave, digging into the rope with Ivan and Daseem, his legs straining as he helps pull. The man at the front - was that Edgar Bronson? Hadn't he left a decade or so ago after some kind of fire? Either way, he was trying to get the crowd into it, so Menrozzar joined him in chanting, "Ruby ERGH Ruby GRNT Ruby!" To Ivan he says, "Good man! Show them that Dwarven strenght! Keep digging your feet in, Daseem!"

Menrozzar grinned at the other guardsmen across the rope, too. Especially Captain Rodrik, with the cheese floating in front of his face.


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Obviously amused by the floating cheese Rodrik feigns exaggerated outrage to the crowds amusement, while behind him his brother Kurst rolls his eyes. Ruby is clearly relieved that her teams antics are drawing the attention away from her and even manages to summon up a wavering smile as she tugs with all her might.

It does not take long for Team Ruby to haul the guards over the line and in a blatantly choreographed scene Trunau's "finest" collapse in a groaning heap.

The crowd goes wild and Ruby beams at her helpers, "Oh, that was great, thanks so much! I know they normally just play at this, but I am sure we won for real! You were all great especially you Edgar..."

Sense Motive DC 12:
Preteen crush activated.

Off to the side Rodrik shakes his fist at the crowd, doing his best pantomime villain impression, [b]"Next time we'll crush whoever tries to earn their hopeknife! Bwhahahaha! You'll see, you'll all see!" The crowd boo and hiss enthusiastically. Kurst sighs heavily, rolls a guardsmen off his legs and collapses back on the stage, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis sent the cheese towards Scrabbler, since he seemed to really want it. "Bupkis make sure you not have to use Hopeknife for real!", he said to Ruby.

He went over to talk to Rodrik. "Thanks you for letting Bupkis come! You good friend!"


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar shouts in triumph as they succeed, then calls out, "Celebrate the mighty champion! Truly she is a great and powerful warrior!" He will then kneel down and say to Ruby, "If you wish, we can lift you above the crowd for all to see. If not, we won't do it."

If yes...
"Daseem, help me lift Ruby up so all can see her!" He will work with Daseem to lift Ruby up into the air above all their heads, leading the crowd in a chant of, "Ru-by, Ru-by, Ru-by!"

If no...
"That's quite alright. It can be rather scary to have all eyes upon you." Menrozzar stands back up to join the exultation and cheering of Ruby, moving over to the guards and helping them up as well, congratulating them on a well-fought contest. Stopping next to Captain Rodrik, he says, "You seem to enjoy this quite a bit, Captain."


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan topples over backward when the guards on the other end of the rope suddenly stop pulling. The shield falls flat and does a full flip, landing on top of the slightly inebriated dwarf. With a sudden jump he kicks the shield into the air and catches it on his shield arm before untying the rope from the shield strap.

durned goblins weren't a blasted good. bouncin' n' trouncin' on around like some wee woodland sprites. Least'n the rest O' us were convincin' enough. Ivan dusts himself off and starts looking around while scratching his head. Not sure where to go or what to do next.

he stops a moment and gives a slight grin and a shake of the head at Rodrik's "performance" before bellowing.

Bah! Ye get outa here ya hear now? The lassie whipped ye fair n' square! Off with ye! An bring me a drink! Ivan makes a shooing motion at the guards and Rodrik before setting his hand on his hip. A small grin breaking the stony features of his face.


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17

Edgar’s sense motove: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Edwin’s sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12

ooof course, I don’t see it but my brother does

Edgar is oblivious to the young girls attraction as he continues to lead the crowd in shouts of, ”RUBY! RUBY! RUBY!’ when Ruby praises him above the others he just smiles and says, “Think not of it, my girl, for tonight is about you! Come, my comrades, we shall form an honor guard for our champion this night,” he continues, overly boisterous and clearly enjoying the eyes of the crowd.

He looks to his brother in the crowd and sees a look that questions his actions, in a quizzical way. He simply shrugs at his brother with a smile, if putting on a show can get me a roof over my head for the next few nights I see no reason not to play along he thinks to himself as he leans in to Ruby and says, quieter, but still loud enough for the crowd to hear, “We should offer them a drink to smooth over sore feelings they have about being bested by such a strong young warrior,” he says looking to the crowd and winking as he slings his lute to his front and begins playing a song, making it up on the spot,

” oh the night that Ruby bested the guards is a night i’ll Never forget,
Some of the guards got so dusty they ain’t been clean yet,
Ruby and her mother stood upon the stage,
Ruby’s knowledge for to gage,
She passed the test and we all did know,
She’d join us like all the rest’

That how we showed our respect for Ruby Blackenhand,
That’s how we showed our honor and our pride,
They said it was the shame for the guards as we winked at one another,
And every hand was raised in the air the night Ruby bested the guards!

When suddenly the ole Rodrik stood to say,
‘I’ll have ye challenge my best!’
Ruby looked to the crowd knowing she’d have em beat,
She picked a crew a crew with 2 goblins shy 3 feet!

That how we showed our respect for Ruby Blackenhand,
That’s how we showed our honor and our pride,
They said it was the shame for the guards as we winked at one another,
And every hand was raised in the air the night Ruby bested the guards!

When the rope was set and the line was drawn Ruby and her crew,
Tugged and tugged and tugged until the guards tasted evening dew!”

he finished the song somewhere near the wherever ale was being served hoping to liven the crowd to soaring spirits.

perform strings: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

at least the lute playing was decent haha, thanks to Reel Big Fish and this song for inspiration


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Ruby smiles, "Thanks Mister Bupkis, Alicia says you are very reliable."

Rodrik winks at the goblin, "Ha, welcome, I like to think the skin you are in matters less than the heart it holds Bupkis, and you seem to have a good heart to me. Trunau is not the least judgmental town in Golarion by a long shot, but give them time and most of them will see what I do."

Meanwhile Ruby's mortified expression instantly answers Menrozzar's question, "No way! Errr, no thank you... The boys will look up my dress!"

Rodrik chuckles at Menrozzar's question, "What is not to enjoy? This is what we are fighting to protect, a little slice of happiness carved out against all odds. If we were always the dour folk we are sometimes portrayed as would it all be worth it?'


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar smiles back. "It certainly would not. We must embrace life and all its happiness when we have the opportunity - if only to provide such a stark contrast to the dark times. Life is meant to be lived and celebrated. Therefore, let us do so tonight - unless someone's on duty or has the night watch, in which case they don't get any ale. Shall we toast the newest member of our community, Captain?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Daseem was oblivious to Ruby's reaction. Normally he was a perceptive man, but with the action over he folded in upon himself, unsure of what to do. Everyone else seemed to be cheering so he joined in but his eyes where darting about searching for an escape route.

Daseem shuffled about uncomfortably although Edgar's song brought a genuine smile to his lips, although this faded when he thought sourly, 'I can't do that. Would get my words all tangled up like ribbons in a brier and make a mighty fool of myself.' He took a sidelong glance at everyone else, 'Apparently that's what everyone's doing... Should I? Could I? No. No no no. I couldn't...'

Rodrik wrote:
"What is not to enjoy? This is what we are fighting to protect, a little slice of happiness carved out against all odds. If we were always the dour folk we are sometimes portrayed as would it all be worth it?"

In an abstract sense, Daseem knew exactly what Rodrik meant. He thought, 'He's right this is worth saving, although the imagery of the Hopeknife is something most folk back home would regard as frightful... It's remarkable how they've transformed it into something meaningful, something that's genuinely about hope. I will remember this day.'


HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

Scrabbler ate the cheese gleefully and continued mocking the guards in the dirt, then ran away and hid behind the big dwarf when the guards started getting up. He peeked his head out as the crowd began to cheer, then he ran around helping hype them up.

When Ruby turned down the offer of being lifted up, Scrabbler's eyes went wide. The idea of climbing a longshanks had never occurred to him before.

Without any kind of preamble, Scrabbler grabbed onto the tallest longshank and threw himself upwards until he was standing on the man's shoulder, with one hand holding onto his head for balance.

Limb-Climber vs CMD 16: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Menrozzar adds one Goblin to his inventory.


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis joined in the song. He didn't know the words, so he did what goblins normally did, which was to make things up and, and not worry about singing in key. When he got stuck on what to sing, he levitated a rock, and hit himself with it, falling down in a very exaggerated way.

Perform Comedy: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

"Arrgh, what -" Menrozzar says as suddenly something is grabbing him and apparently climbing up him. When the goblin finally reaches his shoulder and stands there, with one hand resting on his head, he blinked a couple of times, then said, "Pardon, but as I am neither a tree nor a jungle gym, would mind hopping down and not climbing on me? It is rather rude, and since you just helped win the tug of war, I'd prefer not to throw you across the stage. What's your name, anyway?"


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Please feel free to continue interactions from before this, etc.

Rodrik chuckles at the groups antics his smile easy and genuine, judging by the laughter lines it flows into, his brother Kurst stands to his right a few paces behind him, literally in his older brother's shadow. The younger Grath is more reserved venturing only a half smile and remaining quiet and watchful.

The crowd drink, eat, and drink again, merry and boisterous, and soon voices are raised in song. The song is Trunau's official anthem, The Battle of the Blood march, which tells the tale of Trunau holding off the Legbreaker orc tribe for six days a little over a decade ago. It is a rousing and surprisingly cheerful tune, full of valour and heroism, and those of the group who do not know it was written by Rodrik Grath soon figure it out from the crowds praises and riblad commentary.

Rodrik's Writings Trunau Native or DC 10 K Local:
Rodrik is a fairly prolific writer and poet. His most famous works are The Battle of the Blood march; a four act play called Hommel and Brekka, about the unlikely love between a Shoanti warrior and a Chelish Conqueror; and the controversial The Other Side of Contempt, a six stanza poem about a young half orc whose orc mother died when human raiders overran the settlement in which he grew up.

"You know you all make a good team, I hope those of you who are not already will consider getting involved with the Militia. Trunau can always use more stout hearted defenders, and I have faith that all of you would do us proud," Rodrik says between slow sweigs from a stein of honeyed mead. Kurst rolls his eyes behind his brothers back.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar joins in The Battle of the Blood March, hoisting his own stein of honeyed mead. He remembered the event fairly well, since it had occurred shortly before his own Hopeknife ceremony. He'd been drafted to help run food, water, and arrows to the defenders, helping to keep them supplied while they fought off the orc raiders.

It had been his first distant taste of battle - the roar of the orcs, the cries of men and women fighting, the clash of steel on steel. He remembered the fear he felt that the orcs could overrun the walls and kill them all - but he'd also felt exhiliration. Getting as close as he had to the fighting, he'd felt like his senses were more alive. His blood had pounded in his veins, calling him to pick up a weapon and join the fray. He hadn't, since it wasn't his job to do so, but that battle had been what made him decide to join the militia. He'd fought orcs on a few patrols and experienced real battle since then, but that hadn't dulled the sensation. It had only awakened it more. He knew he wouldn't be running from the orcs anytime soon.

To those who weren't native, he said, "Captain Grath here fancies himself a poet and writer. Where he finds the time for it between working us militiamen to exhaustion and patrolling, I haven't a clue, but he's got a few works written."


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis listened to the song before joining in. What goblins knew of history was almost always learned though songs (in fact, a lot of goblin teaching about everyday matters came through song as well). The Battle of the Blood March seemed inspiring. This town had come to represent safety for Bupkis, not to mention friends. Defending it seemed a good thing to do.

Bupkis frowned when Menrozzar mentioned Rodrik being a writer; that sounded dangerous. Everyone knew that reading could steal the thoughts out of your head! But his friend seemed to know a lot; maybe writing things down could put them back in?


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem watched the goblins's antics for a long moment, not quite sure what to make of them, 'They play the fool, yet there is a cunning to them. Underestimate them at your peril.'

The crowd where getting louder and increasingly drunk, so it was little surprise when they started singing. Everyone except Daseem seemed to know the words, he glanced and even Tessa was singing along. That didn't seem fair, how the blazes did she know the words? Anyway this Rodrik fellow suggested that those who helped Ruby made a good team. 'Strange praise all things considered." he mused, 'The opposition, if we can even call them, that didn't seem to have their heart in it. Come to think if it, I bet this happens every year including Rodrik's little pep talk if that other fellow's reaction is anything to go by.'

Menrozzar wrote:
"Captain Grath here fancies himself a poet and writer. Where he finds the time for it between working us militiamen to exhaustion and patrolling, I haven't a clue, but he's got a few works written."

Daseem had never been any good at small talk so he simply nodded although he appreciated the information.


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17

Edgar didn’t know this song, and from the looks of it he was one of the only ones. As he looked around it appeared only the two goblins, and the one called Daseem were also unaware of the tune must have been written after I ran, the town seems to love it though. And the goblins don’t seem to care about not knowing the words he looks around at the whole town enjoying themselves, hoisting tankards and rattling their hopeknifes in tune to the song. a life no longer possible. Let me turn myself to more pleasurable, and immediate concerns he muses as he fills his tankard with mead and begins playing his lute to the tune of The Battle of the Blood march..

Perform strings: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

"Me's Scrabbler." the goblin answered the longshank man. "It's tall up here."

"Whatsa junkle jim?"

The goblin stopped climbing and instead sat down on his shoulders like a child. Technically he'd did what he was told.


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan drinks several other militiamen under the table before stumbling his way back to the group. The song bringing up memories of his home, those many years ago. Save, the outcome was not nearly as happy as for this town.

Bah! Ye lot were lucky wit' it', when orcs attacked my hold 5 years past, 'twere naught we could do. The orcs too many, and the giants too powerful... He stops for a moment, blinking several times before shaking his head.
Come now Ivan, that be not these folk's burden to bear, nor be it the time for such dour speak.

BAH, nevermind that, an' Aye, ye'll not find stouter than a dwarf laddie! My shield is bedrock, an me skin be iron! Bwahahaha!
As he speaks Ivan smacks his shield with his right hand.

Rodrik, I hear ye think yeself quite a poet? Or was that a falsity? If'n not, let us hear something!?


Goblin Aether Kineticist 6 HP: 63/63 (24 NL) Force Ward: 14.4/15 | AC:21 T:17 FF:16 | Saves F:9 R:12 W:2 | Init: 6 | Per:9 | CMB:-1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Burn: 4/6 | Internal Buffer: 0

Bupkis listened to Ivan's words, and struggled to understand his meaning. "Did dwarves has Hopeknifeses? Hopeknifeses used?"


Image for Ivan Fighter 5/Ranger 1 HP: 65/65 | AC: 30(34 vs giant subtype) FF: 27 T:13 | CMD: 24 (29vs trip/bullrush) |Fort: +10(+4) Ref: +7(+4) Will:+4(+4)| Init: +2 Perception: +11

Ivan shooed bupkis away. Years of stories about goblin and orc kind making acceptance of the two here difficult.

Bah, what do ye kno' about these 'opeknives eh? After a few seconds Ivan looks back over his shoulder at the goblin before letting out a sigh.

If'n ye must know, no. Had no hopeknives, none were ta' be used. We stood our ground an' didn't bend till we broke. We didn't believe in quitin' long as ye still drew breathe, and I'm still of a like mind 'bout it all.

He looks at the goblin, trying to see if it understood, though, he didn't hold high hopes.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar gave the goblin a side-eyed glance - all he could really do, given it's current position. "A jungle gym is a structure designed for children to climb, Scrabbler, and it is quite tall up here. However, it is also somewhat uncomfortable for me to have you on me. Please jump down from my shoulders." It was important he be patient with the goblin - it obviously didn't understand personal space or people, and all throwing it would do was make him look mean. Still, he did not appreciate having the goblin on him.

As Ivan called on Rodrik to say a poem, he smiled and said, "What do you say, Captain? Care to give us a recitation? The Other Side of Contempt, perhaps? Or maybe something new?"


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Rodrik's face darkens slightly, "Alas though I personally regard it as my Masterpiece Trunau is not ready for The Other Side of Contempt, and this is a happy occasion which is not about me, so I have no wish to stir controversy and disagreement. That and I am no bard, I will happily show you a copy some other time, but be aware many have found it tough to swallow."

The party continues into the night, but not long into it for Trunau's folk are as a rule early risers. As things begin to die down a sleepy eyed Ruby approaches the group,

"Thank you all again for your help, Grandma talked to Cham and any of you without lodging are welcome to a room at the Ramblehouse if you want it."

Looking to the nearby Kurst who sits brooding upon a hay bale twinning a few strands of straw together into a circlet Ruby adds, "The stupid boys have gone to the Plague House again you know."

Kurst sighs rising and throwing aside his straw circlet, "How many times... At least they are never brave enough to actually go into that deathtrap. I bid you all a good night,"

Rodrik chuckles, "On that note I think I shall head back to the Ramblehouse myself. Good night all, do not drink too much, I do not want to be dragging any if you back to your beds tomorrow!"


CG Male Human Summoner (unchained) 2 | HP 15/15 NL 13/15 | AC: 14, T:11, F:13 | CMD: 11 Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4 | perception +0 | Init +1 | speed 30 ft
Edwin:
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural) hp 17 (2d10+2) Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist electricity 5; CMB +6; CMD 17
GM Placeholder of Doom! wrote:


The party continues into the night, but not long into it for Trunau's folk are as a rule early risers. As things begin to die down a sleepy eyed Ruby approaches the group,

"Thank you all again for your help, Grandma talked to Cham and any of you without lodging are welcome to a room at the Ramblehouse if you want it."

Edgar will give a flourishing bow to Ruby as he says, “Your grandma has my thanks young defender, I will gladly accept the offer.”

GM Placeholder of Doom! wrote:

Rodrik chuckles, "On that note I think I shall head back to the Ramblehouse myself. Good night all, do not drink too much, I do not want to be dragging any if you back to your beds tomorrow!"

Edwin falls to Edgar’s side at the mention of a bed, meeting his eyes and motioning towards Rodrik. Edgar nods in understanding. Rodrik may know of work I can find around town.

”Rodrik, I would join you on the way, that is if you’ll have me.”


Human Arsenal Chaplain 6 | HP 35 / 51 AC 19 T11 FF19 | CMB +10 CMD 18 | F +7 R +3 W +8| init +1 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Heal +3 Kn:Religion +5 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12 Survival +10 Craft:Blacksmith +9 (with tools) Prof:Soilder +12

Daseem ended up dancing with Tessa, it was her idea she was drunk. For a glorious moment it looked like the revel would last long into the night, but one by one folks started to leave, 'Typical! Just as I'm beginning to get into the swing of it, the party's over... Oh dear I'm going to have to carry Tessa and she's going to have a sore head tomorrow, her tongue will be extra sharp.'

Kurst wrote:
"The stupid boys have gone to the Plague House again you know."

Of course Daseem could understand such youthful larks, on several occasions he'd climbed the temple spire. He'd only be caught once for it, mind. The view had been breathtaking, it was almost worth the punishment.

Glancing around to see if anyone was sober, Daseem muttered "Should we check?" Suddenly he felt Tessa leaning drunkenly into him, "Eh? Where are you going?"
Daseem suppressed a sigh, 'Oh just brilliant, she wants to come too.' thought Daseem, 'She's had a skinful and is more than likely to fall and hurt herself. Naturally that will be my fault! Perhaps I can carry her home and run back...'


Giantslayer Map : Senate

Rodrik nods and gestures for Edgar to follow, but he seems to be in a quiet reflective mood and does not speak. Ruby watches Edgar go with a faintly dreamy expression on her face.

The crowds thin further and far in the distance thunder rumbles and a roiling mass of dark cloud begins to advance from the horizon a storm front promising to engulf the last embers of the festivities.


Male Human Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 1 | AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 Uncanny Dodge | HP 59/59 | Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4 | Perception +10 | Init +2 | Bloodrage 27 rounds/day

Menrozzar smiled at Daseem. "Not at the moment. Go home, rest. Captain Kurst should be able to handle it. Most of the time boys go down to the Plague House and dare each other to go into it. Most of the time they don't." Menrozzar recalls the time he'd made it as far as opening the door before his friends had all run away - and, he had to admit, he'd been quick to follow.

Standing, he says, "Captain Rodrik, Edgar, I'll walk back to the Ramblehouse with you. It is time for bed and a good night's sleep. I believe I have the morning shift on the gates, anyway."


HP 30/34, 1 Con damage, AC 18, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +4, Perc. +7, Init +5, Panache 0/1

"Okays." Scrabbler said, falling backwards, turning in the air and landing on his feet. He looked at the tall longshank's knee, then up to his head.

The goblin had tasted the high life. He wanted more.

Suddenly the party was over and the people were mostly gone. Scrabbler's ears sagged. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. He started to actually pay attention to what was being said. He didn't really understand the conversation, but it sounded important.

He wandered over to the other goblin.

"What they saying?"

1 to 50 of 2,979 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Giantslayer: GM Placeholder of Doom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.