GM Wolfspirit's SFS Skittershot! (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit

10 Facts About Skittermanders:

1. THOUGH SKITTERMANDER FUR COMES IN A VARIETY OF COLORS, AN INDIVIDUAL SKITTERMANDER’S FUR COLOR BEARS NO OBVIOUS CORRELATION TO HER PARENTS’ FUR COLORS OR THE ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH SHE WAS BORN.

2. SKITTERMANDERS USE THEIR SIX ARMS TO GESTURE A GREAT DEAL WHILE SPEAKING; THE POSITIONING OF THEIR ARMS OFTEN CHANGES THE IMPLICATIONS OF THEIR WORDS, FROM GREAT EMPHASIS TO WITHERING SARCASM.

3. A SKITTERMANDER’S NAME GROWS AS THE SKITTERMANDER AGES AND PASSES CERTAIN MILESTONES. A NAME BEGINS VERY SHORT, USUALLY NO MORE THAN ONE SYLLABLE. NEW SYLLABLES ARE ADDED WITH THE PASSING OF TIME OR WHENEVER THE SKITTERMANDER FEELS LIKE IT. ADDED SYLLABLES ARE OFTEN REPETITIVE, AND MANY SKITTERMANDERS ADOPT PARTS OF OTHER ALIEN NAMES (PARTICULARLY VESK NAMES) INTO THEIR OWN.

4. SKITTERMANDERS HAVE A FLUID OUTLOOK TOWARD LEADERSHIP, DEFERRING TO WHOMEVER HAS THE MOST EXPERTISE TO TACKLE THE TASK AT HAND; THE CONCEPT OF PERMANENT GOVERNANCE SEEMS STRANGE TO THEM.

5. MOST SKITTERMANDERS BECOME FASCINATED WITH A PARTICULAR SPECIFIC TOPIC, WHETHER IT BE THE RELIGIOUS RITES OF A SMALL SECT OF WORSHIPERS, THE INTERPLAY OF FUNDAMENTAL PARTICLES AT A QUANTUM LEVEL, OR THE NATIVE CUISINE OF A TINY ICE COVERED MOON. SKITTERMANDERS LEARN EVERYTHING THEY CAN ABOUT THEIR CHOSEN TOPICS, EVEN IF THE INFORMATION SEEMS USELESS TO OTHERS.

6. AN ADULT SKITTERMANDER RETAINS A WHELP’S ABILITY TO EAT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING, AND MANY GET THE URGE TO BINGE ON A SPECIFIC TYPE OF CUISINE OR A CERTAIN FLAVOR OF FOOD FOR SEVERAL DAYS. THIS TYPICALLY OCCURS IMMEDIATELY AFTER GETTING A TASTE OF A NEW TYPE OF FOOD OR FLAVOR.

7. THOUGH SKITTERMANDERS CAN TALK EXCITEDLY AND AT LENGTH ABOUT A TOPIC (ESPECIALLY ONES THEY ARE INTERESTED IN), SEEMINGLY WITHOUT NEEDING TO TAKE A BREATH, THEY ALSO FALL INTO LONG BOUTS OF SILENCE WHEN UNDERTAKING PARTICULARLY CHALLENGING TASKS.

8. SKITTERMANDERS DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY OTHER SPECIES INDULGE IN DIVERSIONS AND PASTIMES THAT GIVE A FALSE SENSE OF FEAR. SKITTERMANDERS DON’T GO ON THRILL RIDES (SUCH AS ROLLERCOASTERS) OR CONSUME ENTERTAINMENT IN THE HORROR GENRE (SUCH AS SCARY VIDS).

9. EARLY SKITTERMANDERS DEVELOPED A SERIES OF MYTHS AND LEGENDS CENTERED AROUND THE CONSTELLATIONS OF THE NIGHT SKY. MANY SKITTERMANDERS STILL HOLD THESE PARTIALLY SECULAR, PARTIALLY SPIRITUAL BELIEFS; SOME RELIGIOUS SCHOLARS THINK THIS IS A FORM OF THE FAITH OF IBRA THE INSCRUTABLE.

10. SKITTERMANDERS BELIEVE IN THE EQUALITY OF ALL BEINGS, NO MATTER THEIR RACE, CREED, GENDER, OR ORIENTATION.


1 to 50 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Absalom Initiation

Please Dot and Delete


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz rolls on in and deflates immediately when he sees he's alone. Rather than waste time, he pulls out his hand mirror and adjusts the styling of his furry green beard while he waits for the rest to arrive.

What he sees in the mirror is this!


Absalom Initiation

It began as a dull day aboard the Clutch, Nakonechkin Salvage’s only ship and your home for the past year or so. Your boss, the vesk Nakonechkin, brought the ship out of Pact Words space and into some of the void beyond, looking for derelict space stations or the remains of forgotten starship battles to pick through.

Suddenly, with a buzzing chime, the ship’s computers registered a starship drifting in the region. Nakonechkin rushed to the captain’s console and initiated a scan. An image of the target ship appeared on screen: a large, ornate green starship with brass accents. It looked abandoned and ill-suited to be so far from the Pact Worlds.

Nakonechkin quickly pulled on his space suit and grabbed a set of all-purpose tools. “This looks like an easy enough job. You lot stay here and keep an eye on the Clutch. Try not to ‘repair’ anything while I’m away. I should be back in a couple of nanoseconds.” He nodded curtly and cycled the airlock to float over to the derelict ship.

Two hours have passed since Nakonechkin departed, and he isn’t responding to your communications. Something must have gone terribly wrong—and Nakonechkin might need help!

You can use a Computers check to scan the ship. You can read the DC you meet and everything lower than that DC

DC 10+:
The vessel’s transponder identifies it as the Emerald Empyrean, a pleasure barge owned by a Vercite company called Trendsetter Excursions. The only ways to enter the ship are through two airlock doors, one on the port side near the aft and one on the starboard side near the fore. The forward airlock is completely sealed shut, but the aft airlock could be
forced open.

DC 15+:
The Emerald Empyrean is a modified heavy freighter with a forward-facing heavy weapon and a small turret weapon, but plenty of room for passengers and recreational activities. Though its thrusters are active, they are currently idle, and the ship has enough power to provide artificial gravity, interior lighting, and life support.

DC 20+:
Further scans reveal over a dozen life signs aboard the ship, which Nakonechkin missed on his initial scans. Most of these life signs are concentrated in an area in the ship’s aft, on the starboard side. Nakonechkin’s life signs are visible, but the vesk is currently in a semi-conscious state and his location cannot be pinpointed. An additional anomalous energy signature is detected in the ship’s center.

DC 25+:
It appears that most of the Emerald Empyrean’s functions are controlled by a single onboard artificial intelligence core, which is very unusual for a ship this size. However, the AI doesn’t respond to any attempts to communicate with it.


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Quonx always believing it's better to ask forgiveness than permission gets to work on the computer.

Computer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

This thing has always hated me, maybe I should just fix it. I know I will let someone else try and they will say it's broken then I can fix it.

Should we go after the Captain? The computer is not giving me much, it could be broken should I just try and fix it?


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 13/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakoyo stares out the viewport waiting for the Captain to return...

"We have been floating here more than a nanosecond. Our connection to him and each other implores us to check in!" he says quietly still looking towards the ship.


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz looks up from his mirror in alarm "Oh no, the captain! Already two hours and he's not back. What do we do? What can we do?" He peeks over Quonx's shoulder "Big Nako said we shouldn't try to fix it again, and I think he's right. Don't you remember last time Quonx? The Clutch almost dropped us into a star when we tried to Drift!"

"Our only choice is to go finding Big Nako! This is a task for Gazigaz to help!" He strikes a pose for just a moment before turning to the other skittermanders. "Let's go to that ship and rescue him!"

Ouch on that Computers check, anyone else have it? Do we have Quonx #2? :>


Pregenerated character (retired)

Nako looks out the viewport for a moment, one hand idly tapping the mvindee fingerdrums strapped to her arm.

"Dakoyo is right. Gazigaz is right! We're not doing Nakonechkin any good sittin' here and twiddling our thumbs! Quonx, what is the computer telling you? How do we get into that ship?"

I don't want to leave the Clutch until everyone's jumped in and had a chance to attempt that Computers check.


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

It looks like the aft airlock could be opened if forced, Then I can fix it.

Holding up is fix it tool


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Not sure if we're still waiting on more people to join us, but if we aren't, I guess that's as good as we're getting on the Computers check. Maybe we should forge ahead?

Gazigaz scurries around the bridge of the Clutch, wondering out loud. "Where IS everyone? We have a crisis of mega proportions here and the crew's sleeping in! Big Nako would be disappointed in us!"


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

The door to the bridge whooshes open, and Dakoyo II strolls onto the bridge in time to hear Gazigaz' complaint. "Here me be! Had to take care of some VERY important business! Me won't bore you with the details." The skittermander chuckles as he takes a look around and then asks. "Me must have been gone for longer than me thought. Where be Big Lizard Boss?"


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Big Nako out there!" Gazigaz points three thumbs at the derelict shown on the Clutch's viewscreens. "You able to scan it for us Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo? Would be a biiiig help!"

Is this the end of the great PbP drought of 2018???


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

The eyes of Dakoyo II become wide as he waves his six hands in negation. "Ohhh noooo! You remember when me try to download Star Sugar Heartlove to playlist last month? Big Nako got sooooo mad when me accidentally erase notes from first AND second expedition! No. Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo will not be touching computers again." The skittermander folds his three pairs of hairy arms across his chest, as though to make certain that those little hands don't dare touch anything electronic.

Hooray! And folks, I'm gonna try hard not to slip into a bad Jar Jar Binks impersonation. For some reason though I can't help but feel that's almost exactly how these guys would talk, though... :)


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

I was thinking more of an Ewok type of critter

"Please try Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo, The computer is not working for me and Big Nako ordered me not to fix."


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

"No no no... me no want Big Nako use my head to clean toilet again..." The skittermander backs away from the computer, wringing his hands.

No Computer skill for Dakoyo according to my character sheet, and it's a Trained Only skill check, I believe.


Absalom Initiation

Nekonechkin isn't going to find himself, so clearly a visit to the nearby ship is in order.

Your armor affords you protection from the dangers of vacuum, so moving between the Clutch’s airlock and the Emerald Empyrean’s should be a simple matter. Once outside of the Clutch, you can hook themselves to that ship with tethers (for safety) and then push off toward the Emerald Empyrean.

The two vessels are a few hundred feet apart, but it takes no more than a few minutes to float between them. The cruise ship’s outer airlock door is marked with a large Trendsetter Excursions logo (a golden rocket blasting out of a glass of sparkling wine) and can easily be opened using an adjacent access panel.

DC 15 Computers or Engineering:
You determine that someone else, likely Nakonechkin, has already hacked the panel.

Unfortunately, just as you begin their space walk, the two vessels are engulfed in a passing micrometeoroid storm. The tiny particles don’t damage the starships, but everyone must take cover to avoid the sudden storm!

If you fail a DC 13 Reflex:
Take 3d6 bludgeoning damage.

Luckily, the storm is over as quickly as it begins, and you can continue on your mission!


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakoyo II makes certain his environmental protection is up and running before heading out into the vacuum of space, enjoying the view of the shiny stars in the distance, picking out constellations he recognizes while leaving the computer and engineering to Quonx.

When the micrometeoroid storm begins, the skittermander yelps in surprise and tries to find cover quickly, hoping that the others gain access to the the Trendsetter ship soon! And though the storm finishes quickly, the mystic is battered quite badly.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 vs DC 13 = Failure!
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz does flips and loops in the vacuum all the way until he's suddenly caught in the storm of micro-meteors.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

As they swarm around the group, he bounces from meteor to meteor, punching and kicking stray small ones. "Ahah! I am going to have to take new job as big panzer kunst pro after this!" He giggles in glee across the comms circuit.

Upon reaching the door, he does a cool landing, and then stands awkwardly, waving at the others as they arrive. "Uh, everyone, anyone able to open hatch?"


Pregenerated character (retired)

Nako ensures the others cross behind her. "If big space whales attack, I wanna be out front!" She puts on her serious face, letting the others know that she is in charge.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Watch out for the space rocks! They could sting if you aren't fast enough! Like me!"


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

As a rock is about to hit Quonx too, he flips sideways and uses is arms and hands like little feet to run across the rock. Having the rock pass by safely.
Getting to the computer panel and using his quantum reality spanner that he thinks that can fix anything.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

"This panel has been hacked already. I think Captain Nakonechkin went this way."


Pregenerated character (retired)

"Excellent! Onwards!"

Nako strives to be the first into the airlock. Once inside, she unholsters her ember flame doshko and her tactical semi-auto pistol, fearing someone (or something) may have waylaid Nakonechkin.


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo defers to Nako, waiting until the soldier enters through the airlock before following after. The skittermander knows that if something indeed happened to Big Nako, he might require the services of the mystic quickly.


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Quonx too waits until everyone gets through the air lock before closing it up.


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz rolls on into the airlock as soon as it opens, pulling out his hand mirror (hey, it never hurts to check if your spacewalk messed up your FINE AS HECK beard) and arc pistol.

"Gazigaz will keep you all safe, don't worry everyone!"


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 13/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Just let them pass by you on their way to wherever they are going! The rocks...not each other." Dakoyo says while the asteroids graze by him...a nervous look covers his face when one almost takes him out.


Absalom Initiation

You are able to clear the airlock without further incident.

This square chamber arrive in has little in the way of furnishings, and the walls and ceiling are a clean white, while the floor is a silvery metal. Four cages are stacked in the two forward corners of the room. A heavy door leads into the airlock to the port, while a flickering holographic sign reading “Welcome Guests” floats over the door to the starboard.

Additionally, three observer-class security robots float about here, buzzing and humming to themselves. When you step in from the airlock, however, these robots quickly scan the newcomers and one declares the following, in a deep robotic voice.
“Error! Pets must be placed in approved carriers before boarding the Emerald Empyrean. Initiating containment protocols.”

Map

Initiative:

Dakoyo 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Dakoyo 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Gazigaz : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Nako: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Quonx 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Quonx 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
White: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Next up: Gazigaz!


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Site was a pain yesterday, sorry for the delay/

"Wha wha what? Gazigaz is NOT a pet! Don't go and put me in a carrier you dumb robots!" Gazigaz puts two pairs of paws on his hips.

Of his two remaining paws, he points one at the nearest robot (red) and calls out "Get it! Don't let it stuff you in a cage skitter-friends!" Get em for +1 to hit. He raises the arc pistol in his last paw and fires at the robot he pointed at.

Arc Pistol: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Arc Pistol damage (E): 1d6 ⇒ 5


Absalom Initiation

Gaz hits the nearest robot before it can fully even react, electricity scoring over its previously pristine shell, but not incapacitating it.

To make life easier on everyone and because it's one initiative number, I'm going to just combine the robots into a single initiative. I doubt a single Quonx goes first before a single robot would change things significantly

The robots all move towards the skittermanders, two ganging up on the unfortunate Dakoyo, one targeting Nako.

Attack Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Attack White @ Dakoko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Attack Blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 NonLethal

Curiously, the robots seem to be more interested in subduing the "pets" than damaging them. One closes to Dakoyo tries to pull them towards a cage (unsuccessfully) whereas the others shoot nonlethal blasts of stunning energy.

Next up: Everyone!


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dakayo's eyes grow large at the pronouncement of the robot, and despite his injuries the skittermander peers around excitedly. "Pets? Where the pets? Dakayo-but-not-Dakayo no see... ohhh..." The mystic seems a bit crestfallen as he quickly determines that these robots will likely be immune to several of his spells, and so he focuses on one of the cages, hurling at one of the robots firing on him and his friends!

Telekinetic Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 vs KAC
Telekinetic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 bludgeoning (to both robot and cage)

I'm like a furry Yoda! Also hoping those cages are less than 5 pounds in weight? If not, will use needler gun for a ranged attack instead. Those map tokens are cute as hell, but I don't know who I am! :) Can you put labels up on that first slide?


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 13/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Also Dakoyo are we caging the cagers? Ah the way the tides turn. Let me help!" Dakoyo adds to his counterparts volley of cages or anything around that makes a suitable projectile.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Pregenerated character (retired)

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH NAKONECHKIN?!?"

Nako runs at the nearest security bot (red), ignites the burners on her flame doshko, and brings the weapon down in a fiery arc.

Attack vs. Red Security Bot w/ Flame Doshko (+ Get 'Em): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Flame Doshko Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Well, that's a solid start!


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Taking aim with his laser rifle, he takes a shot at a security bot (gray).
Attack laser rifle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage Flame: 1d8 ⇒ 1

"I can fix it, after I break it."

Yes GM, please tell us which one of the tokens we are.


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Ooh, hang in there Dakoyo! I will send some good vibes to you!" Gazigaz makes a rubbing motion with his paws and Dakoyo feels his shoulders get massaged. Inspiring boost healing his SP back to full after that attack.

He then points at the white robot. "OK Skitterteam! Next one!" Get em vs. White/gray


Absalom Initiation

Red goes down in a shower of sparks, its voice modulator sounding off, "It was for your own... good..."

With the site isssues will give Quonx1 a bit longer to post, then will move along.


Absalom Initiation

With the site downages we may have lost a player. I'll try to find out when I have more time.
Attack White @ Dakoyo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Nonlethal damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack Blue @Nako: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Nonlethal damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The robots seem unaffected by the loss of one of their number, continuing to fire shots at you in an attempt to subdue you... Both Dakoyo and Nako get singed fur from the stunning attacks.

Next up: everyone


Pregenerated character (retired)

"Ow! That stung, you bucket of bolts!" Nako rushes forward and swings her flaming doshko at the security bot that attacked her (blue).

Attack vs. Blue Security Bot (EAC) w/ Flame Doshko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Flame Doshko Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz once more wiggles his paws, towards Nako this time."Friend Nako, you can do it! Don't let those nasty robots put us in cages!" Inspiring boost restores all of Nako's SP.

"And Everyone! Don't let that robot get us!" He points his mirror at the white robot. Get em for +1 to hit. If the white robot is down by the time Gazigaz would be up, he points instead at the laxt remaining one.


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

"You got it Gaz!" Dakoyo II shouts to the envoy as he picks up the cage once again with his mind and hurls it at the robot! "Awww..." The skittermander whines as the cage smacks solidly into the wall, a few feet above his target. Maybe his brush with the meteroids outside of the ship had done something to his telekentic abilities? Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo certainly hopes that's not the case!

Telekinetic Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs KAC (White Robot)
Telekinetic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 bludgeoning (to both robot and cage)


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 13/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"More cages and more lasers! What an odd turn for the day."


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Quonx too moves into the room and aims with his laser rifle, he takes a shot at a security bot (White).

Attack laser rifle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
1d8 ⇒ 6


Absalom Initiation

Both Qounx and Dakoyo hit, though not enough to fell their targets.

Nako advances, and both of the robots appear to change tactics, opting to try and grab the red furred skittermander instead!

Reposition: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Reposition: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

They are unable to latch on to the slippery fur, though.

Next up: Everyone!


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Taking aim with his laser rifle, he takes a shot at a security bot (white).

Attack laser rifle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

"I can use their parts to fix the ship."


Pregenerated character (retired)

"You think you can touch this? You CAN'T TOUCH THIS!" With an energetic duck'n'weave, Nako avoids the bots' and lashes out with her flame doshko at the bot directly in front of her (blue).

Attack vs. Blue Security Bot (EAC) w/ Flame Doshko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Critical Hit!!

Flame Doshko Damage (+ Critical Damage) (F): 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (1) + 4 = 16


"Gazigaz" Male CG skittermander xenoseeker envoy 2 | HP 14/14 SP 11/12 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | charge cloak 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Gazigaz hangs behind Nako, bopping paws in the air as she ducks and weaves and generally acting as her hype-man for the moment. "Ooh ooh ooh Nako you're on fire! Go and give it to 'em!"

He points towards the sole remaining security bot and calls out "Go go Skitterfriends! We're almost through!" Get 'em granting +1 to hit vs. the last robot.


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

Never one to quit in the face of adversity, Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo lifts the battered cage again and hurls it at one of the robots trying to get its metal hands on Nako. "Hey! You stop try to hurt Nako!" The mystic shouts angrily.

Telekinetic Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 vs KAC (White Robot)
Includes +1 for 'Get 'em' bonus

Telekinetic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 bludgeoning (to both robot and cage)

Ugh... the dice dislike my skittermander in this game...


Absalom Initiation

Technically combat probably would have gone another round... but with all the site issues I figure it would be good to move on. It's not like you would use more resources anyway...

Nako apparently took the hair singeing VERY seriously, as she brought her doshko down on one of the robots, obliterating it. Small arms fire brought the other down, sadly chirping out a "Enjoy your staaaaaaaay."

Moments later, a synthesized feminine voice comes over the loudspeakers: "Attention passengers, this is M2, your ship’s artificial intelligence. Scans indicate that a handful of pets have escaped their cages and are running loose. If you spot one of these errant animals, please contact the nearest porter robot. Thank you.”

There isn't much more of note in the room (other than a couple cages that the robots were trying to put you in.)

Outside of the current room a long hallway stretches in the direction towards what you imagine to be the bridge. There are doors on the port, starboard, and forward sides of the hall.


Pregenerated character (retired)

Dismissing the fiery blades of her flame doshko, Nako steps out of the room and into the hallway, scanning the area for more porter robots.

"Nakonechkin could be anywhere! We should comb the ship with a fine-toothed... doshko."

Nako steps up the the closest doorway (starboard side) and opens it.

"Nakonechkin! Are you in here?!"


Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo | NG Skittermander Mystic 2 | HP 13/14; SP 10/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch Used: 0/1 | Spells Used: 1st 0/3 | Active conditions: None.

The mystic starts to get excited again about pets running loose, until he realizes that 'they' are the pets. Crestfallen, he follows Nako and peers through the door that the tough skittermander opened. Dakoyo-but-not-Dakoyo is glad for the presence of the soldier in this place. This strange ship and its cold, metallic robots trying to cage them along with the disembodied announcements spoken in an emotionless tone is somewhat creepy.


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 14/14 SP 13/14 | RP 4/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Pets can often be a term of endearment but I won't stand by and be caged. Let us move forward unto our mission. What do you see in the hallway?" says Dakoyo peaking over Dakoyo.


Absalom Initiation

The Starboard door is locked shut, but either engineering or elbow grease is able to open it.

Smooth wooden flooring and paneled walls give this chamber an air of elegance that is immediately countered by the obvious mess and rank smell of body odor and other foulness. In the aft part of the room is a bar made from real mahogany. In front of the bar are several stools and behind it is the nonfunctioning husk of a bartender robot and an unmarked door. Half a dozen tables and accompanying chairs are pushed against the forward wall to make room for makeshift cots.

There are also approximately a dozen humanoids of various races, who seem to be in quite sorry shape and at least one is unconscious on a cot. At your arrival a couple of the passengers grab a few weapons (mostly knives, though a Lashunta Voryna has a azimuth laser pistol) though no one fires.

Sense Motive DC10:
They are on edge and appear to be fearing an attack, though they certainly did not expect a quartet of furry creatures to enter their midst.


M Barbarian 1 | HP 15 / 15 |AC:18 , (Touch: 11, Flat:17)| Fort +4 Reflex +1 Will +2 | Speed 30' |Rage Rounds 12 / 12

Quonx too takes a quick look in the cages to see if the captain is in any of them.

He then fixes the door so they can go through
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Seeing all the humanoids a worried looks comes across his face
"This ship is a plague ship, I can't fix this I don't think"

In common "Don't be alarmed, were here to help"

1 to 50 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Wolfspirit's Skitter-Shot Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.