GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master Andrew Trexler

The Marchlands | Tactical Map | Strategic Map | Handouts | Quests | People Places Things | Campaign Tracking


7,301 to 7,350 of 7,500 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Bard Level 8 HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/4, 3rd: 1/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

"This is not exactly what I would call walking. I mean, this ground is not even solid. To use the portable boat or not? That is the question. The terrain really can't seem to make up its mind. Maybe we should push on to Tatzylford to make sure we get there in time? Plus, we could get a hot bath and then dry off and eat a fine meal."


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Per Slack, Taranis urges a return to Tatzylford; Borzaki's solicitation will have to wait. I made a note of the hex on the map for when/if you want to come back.

Several days of trudging through the Slough are followed by a couple of more pleasant ones on drier ground in the Narlmarches, and finally your own road into Tatzylford.

You find the town on high alert. You are met with a soldier's challenge at the town gate and, soon recognizing who you are, are hurried to the fortified town hall. Captain Lowry, Mayor Rezbin, and Priestess Evanore look up from a map with obvious expressions of relief. Lowry speaks first.

"M'lords! Erastil's blessing that you have come. There is panic about. It seems that Drelev's men crossed the Sellen, struck our watchtower by night, and slaughtered the garrison to a man. They set fire to the watchtower and all the homesteads for several miles along the road, and we've had refugees coming in for days. I've sent scouts north with Akiros but they haven't come back. Yet," he adds nervously.

Drelev's army has destroyed your watchtower in Hex 126. The resulting panic has increased Unrest by 1d2 ⇒ 2.


Bard Level 8 HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/4, 3rd: 1/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

Bytor immediately gets to work trying to put the people at ease and reduce any panic.

"Have no fear my friends, Taranis will see that all is put right. You are a strong people and he will make sure that all of your needs are met."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25


M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

Unrak audibly growls, and his knuckles crack under the force of his clenched fists.

I'm getting very tired of that man. I think the time is fast approaching where we make him a head shorter.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

Bytor's words are soothing to those in the room, but rumor and fear spread on much faster wings than his silver tongue can follow. This is a Kingdom-level effect; a successful Stability and/or Loyalty check on the next Kingdom phase (which I will post soon) can reduce Unrest, as can constructing certain buildings.

It is only a few minutes later that hoofbeats are heard outside. A moment further Akiros strides in, flanked by two weary scouts---though none of the three sport injuries. "They've retreated back across the bridge, at least for now. They seem to have eyes over here too though." Noticing the Huntsmen, Akiros bows. "M'lords. I presume you have been briefed?"


Bard Level 8 HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/4, 3rd: 1/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

"Well met, scouts. I am pleased to see that you are not hurt. We have heard that the watchtower has been destroyed. What else can add to that report?"


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

"Torched, yes," Akiros nods, "and the stones pulled down. The garrison is dead, too, from what we can tell. And a dozen homesteads are burnt for a couple of miles east. Some of 'em fled here, others to Brevoy most likely, though some might have been taken or killed. There's no sign of Drelev's men on this side of the Sellen, but the bridge is held in force. They shot a few arrows our way when they saw us, but didn't have the range. We left soon after."


Bard Level 8 HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/4, 3rd: 1/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13

"Can you verify that they were definitely Drelev's men? Do you have some of their arrows or a crest of arms or something to assure us who did this?"


M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

Unrak growls again.

We might have to strike sooner rather than later. Letting this maggot kill our people...I won't have it.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking
Bytor Sniegsun wrote:
"Can you verify that they were definitely Drelev's men? Do you have some of their arrows or a crest of arms or something to assure us who did this?"

Akiros seems a little taken aback by the question. "They're flying the black castle on yellow, which seems proof enough. Who else would you suspect?"

"Especially after the attack on Tatzylford four months back," Rezbin growls.


Character Sheet | Human Fighter 8 | Init: +6 | AC: +23, T: +15, FF: +19 | Percep: +8 | Fort: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will +4 | Max HP: 60 |

John asks for a roster of the slain. He hopes to perhaps memorialize them, or at the least offer some succor to their surviving loved ones.


Bard Level 8 HP 75/75| BP: 29/29 | Spells: 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 3/4, 3rd: 1/3 | AC 20, Flat: 18, Touch: 12 | F+5 R+8 W+6 | Init +2, Perc +11, Diplomacy +19, Stealth +13
Akiros wrote:
"They're flying the black castle on yellow, which seems proof enough. Who else would you suspect?"

"Quite right. I do not doubt you, but I am thinking about what I could use on a diplomatic level. However, maybe we are beyond the diplomatic solution. Drelev is certainly pushing for war."


M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2
Bytor Sniegsun wrote:
Akiros wrote:
"They're flying the black castle on yellow, which seems proof enough. Who else would you suspect?"
"Quite right. I do not doubt you, but I am thinking about what I could use on a diplomatic level. However, maybe we are beyond the diplomatic solution. Drelev is certainly pushing for war."

Open war is upon us. The only diplomacy we need is that everyone knows he struck first. AND SECOND. It's our turn.


(HP: 82/82), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +19**, F: +10*, R: +6*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message: 1/1 Path to Refuge 1/1 Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Duke Redleaf thinks long and hard about his mental image of a future to come.

O war! thou son of hell,
Whom angry heavens do make their minister,
Throw in the frozen bosoms of our part
Hot coals of vengeance! Let no soldier fly.
He that is truly dedicate to war
Hath no self-love, nor he that loves himself,
Hath not essentially but by circumstance
The name of valour.

I agree it's time. War. The only problem is, this game comes with no tutorial. I have no idea if we're going to get slaughtered because we have so few troops, or if we're over doing it.


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

While you debate how to respond to Drelev, the morning draws your attention to yet other affairs of state, both routine and extraordinary.

Month of Desnus, 4722 AR

Upkeep Phase

Step 0 - Ruler: Declare the Duke's modifiers (Economy, Loyalty, or Stability).
Step 1 - Stability: Roll Stability Check. If successful, reduce Unrest by 1 (to a minimum of 0).
Step 2 - Consumption: Consumption has been deducted from the treasury. See "Ledger" tab.
Step 3 - Magic Items: 1d4d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4.
Solasgaard: 1d5 ⇒ 3 Exotic Artisan 1d3 ⇒ 3 Minor Wondrous 1d100 ⇒ 7 Body 1d100 ⇒ 83 Greater Minor 1d100 ⇒ 71 Eidolon Anchoring Harness
Varnhold: 1d5 ⇒ 2 Temple 1d3 ⇒ 1 Potion 1d100 ⇒ 53 L1, CL1 1d100 ⇒ 57 Common 1d100 ⇒ 75 Potion of Protection from Law
Step 4 - Modify Unrest: Roll Loyalty Check to reduce Unrest, if desired (cannot be reduced below 0). Failure incurs permanent -1 penalty to Loyalty.

Edict Phase

Step 0 - Spymaster: Declare Spymaster's modifier (Economy, Loyalty, or Stability).
Step 1 - Assign Leadership: Assign new leadership or fill vacancies, if desired.
Step 2 - Claim Hex: Claim up to 4 new hexes of territory, if desired. All hexes must be fully explored to be claimed.
Step 3 - Abandon Hex: Abandon any number of hexes of existing territory, if desired.
Step 4 - Build Terrain: Pay for up to 7 terrain improvements in existing territory, if desired.
Step 5 - Settlements: Found up to 2 new settlements in existing territory. A site must first be prepared for settlement. Additionally, pay for construction of up to 10 new buildings in your existing settlements. The construction of a single house, tenement, noble villa, or mansion does not count against this limit, but must still be paid for.
Step 6 - Army: Raise up to 2 new military units (less any new settlements founded this month), or upgrade or repair existing ones, as desired. Pay any recruitment costs.
Step 7 - Edicts: Issue any new edicts as desired.


M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2
Taranis Redleaf wrote:
I agree it's time. War. The only problem is, this game comes with no tutorial. I have no idea if we're going to get slaughtered because we have so few troops, or if we're over doing it.

if we're overdoing it, I'm 100% ok with that

Unrak travels quickly, personally back to Solasgaard to gather the Shields. Hoping to let this count for the month's training? With a harsh demeanor bent on dreadful purpose, he leads drills and inspections, and orders his quartermasters to prepare mobilization supplies.

A few short but brutal days later, he addresses the troops directly.

You all know what has happened, at Tatzylford and the Wyvernstone Bridge. Not one man among us wants war--but not one man among us will stand while our countrymen are slaughtered by invaders. THAT is why we are here, now. THAT is why we march, TODAY, to show those who would harm us WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY TRY. THEY are the ones who have demanded war. We don't want it...BUT WE WILL GIVE THEM MORE THAN THEY CAN TAKE!!!

He gives them a moment, hoping for the cheer he was shooting for.

COMPANY!! ForWARD HARCH!!!!


Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

The Shields give a determined cheer of assent, and Castle Redleaf quickly empties, save for a few guards and stewards left as caretakers.

Unrak and the Shields reach Tatzylford as the Duke wraps up the month's courtly business. The Shields take up their quarters in the town's Garrison, alongside the Terrors.

Yes, this counts as spending time with the army. Note that the Shields have now been moved out of quarters this month and are drawing active pay, at least for this month (regular consumption costs rather than Reserve status).


Male Inquisitor 9 (HP 95/95), Init: +9, AC 25 (T 13, FF 23), Perception +19, Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +11, CMB+12 / CMD+25

Augrym walks up to Unrak.

"Rousing speech, good brother rage filled friend Unrak. But you finished with saying "HARCH." I know that orcish is my first language, but I believe the word is march..."

And he slaps him on the shoulder, winks and walks away.

"HE MEANS MARCH EVERYONE. MARCH!"

I know what you were going for. :)


M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
Raging FA:
[dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2
Augrym Ko’Charr wrote:

Augrym walks up to Unrak.

"Rousing speech, good brother rage filled friend Unrak. But you finished with saying "HARCH." I know that orcish is my first language, but I believe the word is march..."

And he slaps him on the shoulder, winks and walks away.

"HE MEANS MARCH EVERYONE. MARCH!"

*blink* *blink* ...shaking head...

Quote:
I know what you were going for. :)

;-)


(HP: 82/82), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +19**, F: +10*, R: +6*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message: 1/1 Path to Refuge 1/1 Redleaf Grove, Kinging

Upkeep Phase Summary

  • Step 0 - Ruler: Duke Redleaf decides to focus on the Economy first, and Stability second this month
  • Step 1 - Stability: Akiros, Warden of the Marchlands guides the realm: Stability: 1d20 + 82 ⇒ (14) + 82 = 96
  • Step 2 - Consumption: GM subtracted our Consumption value. See "Ledger" tab.
  • Step 3 - Magic Items: Rolled by the GM
  • Step 4 - Modify Unrest: Augrym, Justicar of the Marchlands, decided to leave things alone, trusting other means of quelling unrest.

    Edict Phase Summary

  • Step 0 - Spymaster: Humble John Fletcher, Recon master of the Realm decides to train locals in mutualistic hunting and scouting practices to improve the economy
  • Step 1 - Assign Leadership: No change
  • Step 2 - Claim Hex: Duke Redleaf recommends the Official Annexation of 119, 125
  • Step 3 - Abandon Hex: none
  • Step 4 - Build Terrain: In Hex 119 the Duke builds Roads and a Lumber Mill. In Hex 125 he builds roads and a farm
  • Step 5 - Settlements: Commissions a jail to be built in Tatzylford.... we may soon have prisoners
  • Step 6 - Army: Handled in thread
  • Step 7a - Festival (Holiday) Edicts: Jhod Kavken High Priest of the Marchlands, declares a medium number
  • Step 7b - Promotion Edicts: Duke Redleaf declares no change
  • Step 7c - Taxation Edicts: Oleg Leveston, Treasurer of the Realm leaves the Taxation to its typical rate.


  • (HP: 82/82), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +19**, F: +10*, R: +6*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message: 1/1 Path to Refuge 1/1 Redleaf Grove, Kinging

    Taranis also calls for the annexation of the hex with Oleg.


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Before proceeding...

    Edict Phase

    Step 2 - Claim Hex: Need clarification on which additional hexes you wish to claim (besides 119 and 125), if any.

    Step 4 - Build Terrain: Akiros, Kesten, and Jubilost all beg Duke Redleaf to reconsider attempting to build a road and a farm so close to Drelev's forces at this delicate hour. Homesteaders from that area are still fleeing to Tatzylford, and they cannot guarantee the safety of any workers the Duke sends north to fulfill these pronouncements. No one is willing to build in that area until you secure the crossing.

    Step 5 - Settlements: Please specify which lot in Tatzylford you wish to build the jail in.


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Month of Desnus, 4722 AR

    Edict Phase

    Step 2 - Claim Hex: Per Slack, Hexes 2, 119, 125.
    Step 4 - Build Terrain: Per Slack, Sawmills in Hexes 2 and 119, Road in Hex 119.
    Step 5 - Settlements: Per Slack, NW sector.

    Income Phase

    Step 1 - Withdraw from Treasury: Withdraw resources from the treasury for personal use, if desired.
    Step 2 - Deposit to Treasury: Deposit personal resources into the duchy's treasury, if desired.
    Step 3 - Sell Items: Sell up to 2 personal magical items to benefit the treasury.
    Step 4 - Roll an Economy check for tax collection.


    (HP: 82/82), Init: +2, AC: 20 T: 13, FF: 17, Perception +19**, F: +10*, R: +6*, W: +11*, CMB: +5, CMD: 18, Concentration +12 |Wildshape: 2/2 Zephyr Message: 1/1 Path to Refuge 1/1 Redleaf Grove, Kinging

    Income Phase Summary

  • Step 1 - Withdrawal: None
  • Step 2 - Deposits: None
  • Step 3 - Sell Items:
  • Step 4 - Collect Taxes: Oleg Leveston, Treasurer of the Realm Economy: 1d20 + 96 ⇒ (15) + 96 = 111.
  • The Marchlands earned [color=Green]54 Bp[/color] this month.
  • 37 Bp in Taxes
  • 17 Bp in Basic Income


  • Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    A council of war is called soon after Unrak returns from Solasgaard on [color=teal]7th Desnus[/color] at the head of the Marchland Shields.

    Setting off for Wyvernstone Bridge directly? Taking one army, or both?


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    The Shields will move to the Bridge, and the Terrors should stay at Tatzylford in case defense is needed. Anything else we need to discuss?


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    The Marchland Shields march north, with the Huntsmen at their head. The journey is brief, and you encamp by the destroyed watchtower on [color=teal]10th Desnus[/color] and prepare for battle in the morning.


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Battle of Wyvernstone Bridge, 11 Desnus 4722 AR
    The Marchlands (Attacker) v. Drelev Demesne (Defender)
    Wyvernstone Bridge over East Sellen River, Hex 127

    Battlefield Conditions
    Advantageous Terrain (Drelev, defending bridge, +2 DV)
    Fortifications (Drelev, watchtower, +2 DV)

    Tactics
    Marchland Shields: Standard
    Trask's Raiders: Taunt

    Attacking Forces
    Marchland Shields
    Commander: Unrak Redleaf
    Strength: 100 fighters
    HP: 11
    OM: 4
    DV: 12
    Morale: 0
    Ranged Supply: 2
    Special: Siege Engine

    Defending Forces
    Trask's Raiders
    Commander: Ameon Trask
    Strength: 50 fighters
    HP: 5
    OM: 4
    DV: 17*
    Morale: 0
    Ranged Supply: 4


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Ranged Phase

    As the Shields approach the bridge and enter bowshot range, the Raiders hurl insults and unkind insinuations about the size of the Shields' members. Arrows soon fly from both sides.

    Taunt:
    Shields: Make a Morale check for the Shields (d20 + 3 Unrak Cha + 1 Bravery + 2 Loyalty), DC 12. If failed, reduce OM and DV by 2 each for this phase.

    Ranged Offense:
    Shields: Make an Offense check (d20 + OM) for the Shields.
    Raiders: Ranged Offense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage TBD


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Unrak bellows out the order to ATTACK!! FOR OUR HOMES!!

    Morale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 <--are you effing joking right now???

    offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Ranged Phase

    The Shields take the bait, and busy themselves more with firing comebacks than arrows. The rain of darts from the enemy batters the advancing soldiers. Damage = 12 - 10 = 2.

    Marchland Shields
    HP: 9/11
    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    HP: 5/5
    Ranged Supply: 3

    Decide whether to advance to a Melee Phase or remain at range for another Ranged Phase. Alternatively, switch tactics to Withdraw from the battle; if so, make a Morale check to maintain order.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Our two big advantages are numbers, and siege weapons. MOVE IN!! (standard tactics)

    offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7

    siege engine: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    the attack is not great...but the catapult makes a direct hit!


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase I

    Unrak gives the order to charge, and the Shields swarm across the bridge with a battle cry of "FOR TATZYLFORD!!!"

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide on a Strategy: Defensive (+4 DV, -4 OM, -6 Damage); Cautious (+2 DV, -2 OM, -3 Damage); Standard (no modifiers); Aggressive (-2 DV, +2 OM, +3 Damage); Reckless (-4 DV, +4 OM, +6 Damage). This does not affect Siege Engine damage.
    Trask's Raiders: Cautious

    Taunt
    Shields: Make a Morale check for the Shields (d20 + 3 Unrak Cha + 1 Bravery + 2 Loyalty), DC 12. If failed, reduce OM and DV by 2 each for this phase.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Strategy: standard (+0/+0)

    morale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase I

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Standard
    Trask's Raiders: Cautious

    The Shields harden themselves and ignore the diminutive invectives lobbed by Trask's men, eager to take the fight to the enemy.

    Offense:
    Shields: Make an Offense check and roll Siege Engine damage.
    Raiders: Melee Offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15 SUCCESS Damage: 15 - 12 - 3 = 0

    Fighting cautiously with the advantage of their defense, the Raiders inflict few casualties on the charging Shields.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Offense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

    siege: 1d4 ⇒ 3


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase I

    The Shields fling themselves against the defenses, breaking like a wave upon the cliffs. While the Raiders put up a stiff fight and hold their ground, the Shields' heavy siege equipment quickly reduces the watchtower to rubble. The watchtower is destroyed and Trask's Raiders no longer gain its +2 DV bonus.

    Marchland Shields
    Tactics: Standard
    Strategy: Standard
    HP: 9/11
    OM: +4
    DV: 12

    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    Tactics: Taunt
    Strategy: Cautious
    HP: 5/5
    OM: +4
    DV: 17
    Ranged Supply: 3


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase II

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide whether to change your Strategy (Standard, no modifiers). If moving 2 or more steps, attempt a Morale check. Alternatively, attempt to Withdraw and roll a Morale check.
    Trask's Raiders: Cautious

    Taunt
    Shields: Make a Morale check for the Shields (d20 + 3 Unrak Cha + 1 Bravery + 2 Loyalty), DC 12. If failed, reduce OM and DV by 2 each for this phase.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    morale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

    While the catapult did its job, the men are a touch shaken with how difficult the nut still is to crack. Unrak opts for standard tactics to continue.

    offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase II

    Offense
    Shields: Offense = 5, Damage = 0
    Raiders: Offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 = 8, Damage = 0

    The melee at the western edge of the bridge resolves into a strained stalemate, with shield shoved against shield in an anguished press. But at any moment, the tide could break---in one direction or the other.

    Marchland Shields
    Tactics: Standard
    Strategy: Standard
    HP: 9/11
    OM: +4
    DV: 12

    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    Tactics: Taunt
    Strategy: Cautious
    HP: 5/5
    OM: +4
    DV: 17
    Ranged Supply: 3


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase III

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide whether to change your Strategy (Standard, no modifiers). If moving 2 or more steps, attempt a Morale check. Alternatively, attempt to Withdraw and roll a Morale check.
    Trask's Raiders: Cautious

    Taunt
    Shields: Make a Morale check for the Shields (d20 + 3 Unrak Cha + 1 Bravery + 2 Loyalty), DC 12. If failed, reduce OM and DV by 2 each for this phase.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Keep strategy standard.

    morale: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

    Offense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase III

    Offense
    Shields: Offense = 11, Damage = 0
    Raiders: Offense: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15, Damage = 15 - 12 - 3 = 0

    And still the battle rages indecisively! Yet the Shields have grown accustomed to the Raiders' insults, and are no longer moved by them. Two successes means you are no longer susceptible to Taunts, and do not need to make those Morale checks any more.

    Marchland Shields
    Tactics: Standard
    Strategy: Standard
    HP: 9/11
    OM: +4
    DV: 12

    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    Tactics: Taunt
    Strategy: Cautious
    HP: 5/5
    OM: +4
    DV: 17
    Ranged Supply: 3


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase IV

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide whether to change your Strategy (Standard, no modifiers). If moving 2 or more steps, attempt a Morale check. Alternatively, attempt to Withdraw and roll a Morale check.
    Trask's Raiders: Defensive

    The Raiders form a shield wall, aiming to hold the bridge at any cost and hoping to wear down the Shields with sheer patience.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    Unrak makes the order to attack with gusto, trying to break through these buggers.

    I don't ahve the book infront of me, so 1 step up from "standard" +2 OM -2 DV Also, I take it the catapult won't help any further...

    attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase IV

    Offense
    Shields: Offense = 17, Damage = 0
    Raiders: Offense: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6, Damage = 0

    The narrow space at the end of the bridge is tight with struggling men, yet the press gives neither side much room to swing their blades.

    Marchland Shields
    Tactics: Standard
    Strategy: Aggressive
    HP: 9/11
    OM: +4+2
    DV: 12-2

    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    Tactics: Taunt
    Strategy: Defensive
    HP: 5/5
    OM: +4-4
    DV: 15+4
    Ranged Supply: 3

    Siege Engine is already built into your stats (+2 to OM). So it is definitely still helping.


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase V

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide whether to change your Strategy (currently Aggressive, +2 OM / -2 DV / +3 Dmg). If moving 2 or more steps, attempt a Morale check. Alternatively, attempt to Withdraw and roll a Morale check.
    Trask's Raiders: Defensive

    The Raiders ranks hold firm at the bridge's end.


    M Human Bloodrager 9 HP 49/110(75/136) AC 25(23) Rage 21/21 F 10 R 7 W 6 Init +7
    Raging FA:
    [dice=Attack]d20+15[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice][dice=Attack]d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d6+19[/dice]
    Spells L1:3/3 L2:2/2

    The Shields keep up the aggressive attack

    OV: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase V

    Offense
    Shields: Offense = 9, Damage = 0
    Raiders: Offense: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4, Damage = 0

    Exhaustion sets in on both sides, with no progress in either direction.

    Marchland Shields
    Tactics: Standard
    Strategy: Aggressive
    HP: 9/11
    OM: +4+2
    DV: 12-2
    Ranged Supply: 1

    Trask's Raiders
    Tactics: Taunt
    Strategy: Defensive
    HP: 5/5
    OM: +4-4
    DV: 15+4
    Ranged Supply: 3


    Kingmaker Tactical | Strategic | The Marchlands | Campaign Tracking

    Melee Phase VI

    Strategy
    Marchland Shields: Decide whether to change your Strategy (currently Aggressive, +2 OM / -2 DV / +3 Dmg). If moving 2 or more steps, attempt a Morale check. Alternatively, attempt to Withdraw and roll a Morale check.
    Trask's Raiders: Cautious

    The shield wall loosens as the the Raiders' commander barks at his men to push your men back along the bridge.

    7,301 to 7,350 of 7,500 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTrex's Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.