GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 3: Escape from Old Korvosa

Online Maps | Party Loot Tracker | Party Assets


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

.

Minimum level you can be to cast the spell, so CMW is 2d8+3. If you wanna drop a big heal you can burn one of your memorized spells. So a level three spell would be 3d8+10 for example.

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Another frost bomb goes off with a shattering crash while Donnell fires off several bolts, only landing with one as it thumps into the most injured guardian.

Round Two:

Donnell
Thod
----
Guardians:
Blue (-31) (staggered)
Yellow (-13)
Green (-57)
Red (-19)
----
Sevenspawn
Raven

Thod is up! Sevenspawn I'll roll your heal automatically if you decide to do the potion rather than burn a spell.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"DON'T CALL ME PRETTY!"
Full round attack. Power attack. Raging.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
RAGE: 24/25


.

GM ROlls:

Attackulate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Attackulate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Fort Saves: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 261d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Thod completely flies into a rage but his attacks fail against the tough bones of the skeletons. Sevenspawn takes a moment to heal himself as he finds and chugs a potion.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10

This is to only partial avail as he and Thod are both slashed by the guardians continuing to attack them. The spore clouds continue to seep in around the party, but you all show amazing resilience and are still not harmed by them!

Round Three:

Donnell
Thod (-11)
----
Guardians:
Blue (-31) (staggered)
Yellow (-13)
Green (-57)
Red (-19)
----
Sevenspawn (-36)
Raven

Sevenspawn takes 9 damage but heals 10 so just 1 damage. Thod takes 11 damage. Everyone is up!


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell grumbles: "This is getting really annoying, really fast."

But, without a lot of other options on hand, his hands continue to fly from crossbow quiver:

Targeting Green then Blue
Ranged Study: last round

LXB1: 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 5 - 2 = 28
Dam1: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 5 = 8

LXB2 (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 5 - 2 = 18
Dam2: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 5 = 11

LXB3: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 5 - 2 = 31
Dam3: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 5 = 11
LXB3 - Crit!: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 5 - 2 = 28
Dam3 - Crit!: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 5 = 8

Finally rolled well on my attacks but then rolled 1s for damage...


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Like Thod, Raven Six launches into a full attack on the ghoulish creature in front of her!

"You did not object to such appellations when they were made by the Elf," she notes.

Full attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5; 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4. CRIT THREAT. Confirmation roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage.


.

Map should show Sevenspawn in melee range rather than Raven (as he's a standard frontliner), and the fight has gone with that assumption so far. Not sure what happened but Raven Six is in the back and if you wanna get into melee range you'll need to get past the guardians somehow.

Donnell finally kills one of these miserably tough bastards as two quarrels take it through the head. The guardian collapses.

Raven can re-take her attack, and Thod/Sevenspawn are also up!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Sevenspawn swapped places with me to grab a potion and recover.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

What she said. I swapped us out, as per my post. I'll hold my action until we figure out who got hit...


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A
Raven Six wrote:
"You did not object to such appellations when they were made by the Elf,"

"BECAUSE SHE WAS WEIRD AND CREEPY! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO BE MORE LIKE HER!?"

Continue raging. Continue power attacking.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 Damage 1: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Damage 2: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Rage Remaining: 23/25


.

AHHH nevermind.

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 341d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 301d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 361d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Attack: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Crit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 351d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Raven manages to score a hit while Thod's halbert cleaves out brutally, just smashing into the guardian in front of him and killing it! One guardian renews the spore cloud while the second hacks away at Thod, scoring two hard hits. The scimitar cleaves into the tough dwarf's flesh viciously.

Round Four:

Donnell
Thod (-37)
----
Guardians:
Blue (-31)
Red (-19)
----
Sevenspawn (-36)
Raven

Thod takes 37 damage. This group is basically immune to poison, lol. Everyone is up Two bastards left.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Although admiring of his friends' handiwork, Donnell nevertheless finds himself grumbling under his breath. This cloud of poison spores has him feeling nervous, and he concentrates his fire on the one producing it

Blue, then Red
Move = Ranged Study

LXB1: 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 5 - 2 = 22
Dam1: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 5 = 10

LXB2 (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 5 - 2 = 30
Dam2: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 5 = 11


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4
Thjodrorir "Thod" Six-Picks wrote:
"BECAUSE SHE WAS WEIRD AND CREEPY! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO BE MORE LIKE HER!?"

"Indeed not," Raven Six replies while slashing at the skeleton in front of Thod. "Pity. I shall have to find an entirely new and different way to tease you."

Full attack on red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage; 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

I can't tell if my held action was taken last round or not, but I don't think so. I'll Channel twice, once for last round and once for this, so everyone can get the healing.

Channel: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 5, 4) = 21
Channel: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 6, 1) = 17


.

@sevenspawn you healed yourself for 10. Also, you WILL heal the bad guys if you use channel energy - they are not undead.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Oh, right. That's a stupid rule. Anyway, stand by - I have a meeting... I'll be back.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Reminder that on my statline, anything that has #/# means that the first number is my standard bonus, and the latter number is my bonus in a rage. So right now my Fort save is +16

Also, clarification, how did I take 37 points of damage? Looking at the not-so-secret GM rolls, it looks like the crit did 11+7, and the other did 8.

Thod coughs a bit, both at the spores, and the rather nasty attack, though he continues swinging his halberd.
If one drops from the first attack, I five-foot step up to the second one.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33 Damage 1: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage 2: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Rage Remaining: 22/25


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

I think he meant 37 damage total - 26 from this round, 11 from Round Three.

Also, not that it's mattered, but Donnell's Fort save vs poison is +15 (7 base, +6 poison resistance, +2 heroism)


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Test... can't seem to post...


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Well, that one worked, at least...


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 261d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 7, 7) + 5 = 22

Sevenspawn works on healing Thod, producing and jabbing him with a wand. The group gangs up on another guardian, and this one falls as well as the incredibly tough weird mushroom-skeleton things collapse before you. Only one remains. It walks up, thwacking Thod and undoing some of Sevenspawn's hard work healing the big dwarf.

Round Five:

Donnell
Thod (-35)
----
Guardians:
Blue (-31)
----
Sevenspawn (-36)
Raven

Thod is healed for 2 after counting new damage. Everyone is up!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six takes a step forward in pursuit of the ... thing ... and stabs at it again! (No sense in spending a bomb on a single target, right)

Magical mithral rapier: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage.
CRIT THREAT. Confirmation roll 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 for an additional 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Probably it would have been useful if I'd remembered that extra +2 to hit from the Heroism extract...

LXB1: 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 5 - 2 + 2 = 33
Dam1: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 5 = 9

LXB2 (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 13 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 5 - 2 + 2 = 20
Dam2: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 5 = 10

LXB3: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 5 - 2 + 2 = 18
Dam3: 1d6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 5 = 12


.

Under a final barrage of attacks the last pain-in-the-ass guardian collapses. You quickly get out of the spore clouds and suck in some clean air.

End of Combat


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Oh, yeah, safest place in the whole damn city! I'm SURE they're alive down here!" Thod says mockingly as the last fungal skeleton collapses to the ground.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"At least it was a novel experience. Undead get so repetitive," Raven Six says while cleaning her blade.

"Hmm. Braiding your beard in your sleep, perhaps. Witb pink ribbons."


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell looks grim: "Wouldn't it be nice to have allies you could trust?"

"Supposedly, the Arkonas also use the Vivified Labyrinth for testing their own operatives, so I suppose it comes down to how well prepared our gentlemen were - Vencarlo, you will recall, is not without skill. Though I'm sure he would appreciate having Blackjack's gear instead of whatever he has now."

Gesturing forward with his crossbow: "Across the rope bridges to the lower level; secret entrance to the Labyrinth in the south wall. Assuming Carnochan was being honest..."

Donnell will take the lead and scout a little bit (30'?) ahead.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 15 + (3) + 4 = 33
Add an additional +5 for traps


.

Donnell heads further into the cavern to look over the rope bridges below.

This protrusion rises from a rocky beach overlooking the sloshing waters of a sea cave. Three rope bridges descend deeper into the cave, connecting three progressively lower ledges on the wall until finally reaching a stony protrusion at ground level.

The ledge surrounding the water is at a steep decline. From where Donnell stands the water is a good 100' drop below, but from the north side only a 50' drop. The best way to descend is the rope bridges starting on the west.

The rope bridges lead down to a landing below. There, you see a door before the bridges lead out of sight to the lower level. Donnell does not see anything untoward and the bridges look stable.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell waves the others forward: "It seems clear up ahead, though it looks like we'll have to go single-file across these bridges (unless someone thinks rappelling down the side is a better plan...). Thod, if you don't mind taking the lead, I will follow behind you."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Nothing lurking in the water, I hope..."


.

Easy tos tall out in dungeons so I'm pushing a little more strenuously here.

You make your way to the rope bridge which is very well-built and ... fine. It doesn't break, and nothing eats you. You make your way down to the next landing which gives you a better view of the entire cave.

Looking through the area and knowing there's a secret door, you manage to spot it in the southeast where promised. However, there is also door beside you on the rocky protrusion, and large double doors to the south. The sea water fills the air with its gentle lapping, and thankfully it does not look like anything menacing is hanging out in it.

Map is updated


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell's curiosity, and suspicions, are raised: "I just... I don't like leaving unopened doors behind us - so, I'm just gonna check..."

Donnell will check the door next the group for traps and, finding none (assuming nobody stops him), he will open it.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 1d6 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 15 + (3) + 4 + 5 = 43


.

You open the door to reveal... a bedroom.

This simple chamber contains a bed and a number of shelves carved into the stone walls. All manner of animal figurines, some crude and carved of wood, others exquisite and sculpted from stone or even metal, decorate these shelves. A heap of raw materials for crafting more of the animals lies against the western wall.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six … blinks. Once.

"This seems unusual," she says. "Friend Sevenspawn, would you please cast detect magic to make sure this chamber is not cursed, somehow, or infested with doll golems?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A
Raven Six wrote:
"Hmm. Braiding your beard in your sleep, perhaps. With pink ribbons."

"Aren't you supposed to be all cold and smart and aloof? It feels like you're trying to pretend to have a personality by repeating what other people do."

Thod looks at the bedroom, somewhat confused.
"Well, secluded spot, at least."
Does the bed look clean? Recently used? Or is it unmade with sheets strewn around it?


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Well, you yourself vetoed calling you 'cute'," Raven Six says with an eloquent shrug. "I must find some way of annoying you."

She blinks at the remark about a personality, a puzzled expression flitting across her features. "Curious. You are not incorrect. There may be some bleed-over from my other personalities. This bears looking into."


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Exactly. Why do you have to annoy me? You do a good enough job just being the you I (think I) know. All big words and looking down your nose, never mind that little nude weirdo you made somehow. Seriously, get that thing some clothes. But beyond that, you haven't been like this before, and it doesn't feel right when you are being it. Like you don't actually know how to."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six turns and looks at Thod, her dark eyes abstracted, thoughtful… and then they turn bright blue for a moment, and a grin appears on her lips. "It's fun," she says.

She blinks, and her eyes are dark again, puzzled. "Why do I need to clothe Specimen R6-a/H-001? It is not susceptible to the elements, nor hampered by cultural notions of impropriety, and cloth wrappings might impede its maneuvrability when in flight. As for displaying new qualities … it may be an inevitable side-effect of prolonged existence. I am acquiring more information, more knowledge of interaction. Also, I have used my mutagen more frequently in the past year than all the years preceding. I may already have changed permanently."


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Once again, you lost me after the first sentence. And you still haven't given that thing a better name than R6-whatever? Why clothe it? Because she looks freaky otherwise. Why do you wear clothes?"

"That wasn't an invitation to stop wearing them, by the way."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"I wear clothes because I have been instructed in notions of social propriety," Raven Six replies, "and because clothes have pockets. Pockets are highly convenient to those who carry many things around. They also prevent armour from chafing against the skin. Specimen R6-a/H-001 is not 'freaky'; her physical parameters are such that she falls within the qualifier of 'aesthetic', with the possible exception of her wings and tail."


.

I ship Raventhod. Also Imma keep pushing until you come to a decision that everyone won't immediately agree with.

Sevenspawn casts a detect magic spell and nothing shows up. However, Donnell's more mercenary eye catches that the better of the sculptures are quite valuable and could probably net over a thousand gold.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn listens distantly to the talk as he casts the spell, indicating to the team that none is present. He looks to Donnell as the other two bicker playfully, nodding his head at Raven Six and Thod.

"They are the oddest pair together since... well, you and I." The priest scratches his head. "Regardless. Do you think that both Vencarlo and the Sensechal are alive?"


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

How big are those sculptures? Small enough to fit into a pack or Handy Haversack? (I don't remember if anyone has a Bag of Holding...)

Donnell largely ignores the bickering - he's too preoccupied by the contents of the room: Perception: 1d20 + 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (7) + (2) + 19 = 28

Muttering to himself about the sculptures and how to smuggle them out, he looks over at Sevenspawn and smiles warmly: "Perhaps they too will find they've more in common than not. And yes - I think they are both resourceful in their own ways and have managed to survive thus far. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be here."


.

The biggest one is a foot long.

You don't find anything else of value or interest in the room. The statues are of a blue-coral gecko, a firepelt cougar carved from redwood, and a spectacular gold flame drake with tiny pearls for eyes.

Short of going for a swim, your options are the secret door, or the large double doors to the south.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell will collect the statues and move over to inspect the double doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 1d6 + 19 + 5 ⇒ (4) + (2) + 19 + 5 = 30

Disarming any traps he might find (Disable Traps: 1d20 + 1d6 + 24 ⇒ (19) + (1) + 24 = 44), he will ask Thod to open the doors as he stands just behind, crossbow at the ready.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Query," Raven Six says while standing well clear of the double doors and drawing her rapier. "Would the secret passage not be more discrete?"


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 81/115 {11/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Of course not, don't be silly. Might be sneakier, though."


.

Donnell investigates the doors, listening with his incredibly super-perceptive mega ears. He hears... hissing? Also a throaty, growling voice speaking in a kind of seductive purr in a language none of you understand.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell translates what he's heard to the others via hand signals: Better to fight them now? Or wait until after we've recovered the prisoners?


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour, +2 natural); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Sign language:
"Better to circumvene and attack from behind, if at all. There could be an army down here for all we know."


.

I read that as skip these doors and go to the secret doors. Good on that?

2,651 to 2,700 of 2,814 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne (closed group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.