GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 3: Escape from Old Korvosa

Online Maps | Party Loot Tracker | Party Assets


2,701 to 2,750 of 2,769 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

I was waiting for the other two to chime in - Donnell would prefer to deal with it now, but not so strongly that he'll argue with anyone about it. If we don't hear from them by this evening, let's just push on to the secret door.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

I'm with Fox.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Thod will sign that he agrees that heading through the secret doors is a better idea.


.

You leave the big fancy doors and make your way over to the secret door, the outline of which is easy enough to notice now that you're down here.

You strike out into a winding tunnel, led by Sevenspawn's light spell as you go deeper into the grounds beneath the Arkona estates. Finally, you come to some doors.

The tunnel curves sharply to the north here, ending at a set of large bronze doors, each carved with images of tigers chasing other tigers in four adjacent circles. At the center of each circle of tigers, a snarling tiger head looks out.

Map is updated. You're in the bottom right.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"How tropical," Raven Six says. "We should definitely check for both magical and mundane traps from here on in."

And on that note: Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 plus another 1 if trapfinding applies.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Inspecting the door, Donnell rubs his chin with interest: "Hmm, four circles here; four chambers to the Labyrinth. The chambers are supposed to rotate, somehow...?"

Donnell will look for traps, but will also inspect the door for mechanisms along the lines of what Glorio mentioned

Perception: 1d20 + 19 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 5 + (5) = 42

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 11 + (1) = 22


.

At this point, the door is just a door. It is unlocked and untrapped.

You head northwards to the entrance of the labyrinth.

Two statues, each depicting a tiger-headed man, stand in alcoves to either side of the doors. Their arms are wide, as if to usher visitors forward into the room beyond.

Up ahead the room ends with no way forward, however, there is an ominous lever sticking out.

Two alcoves open on either side of this otherwise empty room. In one alcove, a long lever with an ebony handle protrudes from the wall.

Donnell notices a gap in the floor, ceiling, and walls between the lever room and the entrance. Understanding the chambers are supposed to rotate, and there's a lever here - this must be one of the rotating chambers.

I'm going to re-use that knowledge engineering check since you were specifically told about levers.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Does the lever just pull straight down, or does it look like it moves in other directions?

Pointing out the lever and the gaps in the walls and floor: "Well, looks like we are in it now - is everyone ready to see what the Labyrinth will bring us?"

Donnell will pull the lever if there are no objections - assuming he can reach it...


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Probably not, but let us begin," Raven Six says, rapier in hand.

Perception on the lever to check for traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 +1 if teapfinding applies.


.

This is an on/off lever.

GM Note - rotating dungeon is fun.

GM Rolls:

G: 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
S: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
V: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Raven Six examines the area, and there are no traps. You gird your loins and pull the lever. With a -click- it locks in place and does not budge.

RUUUMMMBLLLLEEE

You feel the enormous gears start to work as the room you are in begins to turn. Slowly, you feel the room turn counterclockwise and after a little bit, the southern doorway now lines up with a new room.

This is a fairly plain room, which contains a second lever in it. In addition to this second lever is a door.

Lever or door, lemme know. My fun spin spin map is updated.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

I hate it already

Donnell examines the door for traps, then motions for Thod to open it:

Perception (Traps): 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 24 + (4) = 48


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn shakes his head almost imperceptibly as the room turns, wondering to himself what manner of madman creates a massive dungeon that spins.

He ushers away the follow-up question of what manner of people would agree to enter it willingly, and looks upwards to his invisible goddess with an apologetic shrug before readying himself.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4
Donnell "The Fox" wrote:
I hate it already

You and me both.

"Should we not perhaps make a full revolution first, and perhaps find some tracks our targets left behind?" Raven Six suggests.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

"Yes," Sevenspawn agrees, pointing at Raven Six. "That. We can also see how many revolutions there are in total."


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)
GM SpiderBeard wrote:
With a -click- it locks in place and does not budge.

I assumed this meant we couldn't pull the same lever again. But sure, if we can rotate the first room again, let's go for it; if not let's go through the door - I suspect we'll be exploring most of this place anyway.


.

GM Rolls:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Donnell checks the north door, which is not trapped but lets it be for now.

The room quickly turns, lining you up with a hallway. The light of Sevenspawn's spell suddenly lands on a strange symbol on the ground and as you gaze at it, there is a white explosion in your minds as your thoughts are overwhelmed...

But you all resist the spell! You quickly shake your heads and regain your senses.

Donnell's Arcana: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 8 + (3) = 30

Donnell recognizes the trap as a Symbol of Stunning trap, set to go off the moment it is even looked at.

I think you guys are setting a world record for successful fort saves in a row. Map is updated with your new digs. You can also note that the spinny sections seem to connect directly into one another, and they rotate in an alternating fashion.

So the SW one (you are in) rotates counterclockwise, while the SE ones rotates clockwise. You have just entered a new spinny area.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

"I'm just going to take a moment to disable this trap before we look around for traces of the two men."

Disarm Traps: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 24 + (6) = 37

Perception: 1d20 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 19 + (3) = 41

Between the Heroism and Heightened Awareness extracts, Donnell's head is buzzing, similar to the effect of having too much caffeine - little escapes his notice, and he feels a bit like he can see through walls.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Nothing to add for now. Honestly rather confused as to the layout, but thankfully it's easy to assume Thod is similarly confused. I'll follow the group's lead, and open any doors/walk down any halls they'd like me to.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Beware!" Raven Six hisses. "Logic dictates the proximity of troops to such a trap! An alarm may well have gone off as the spell did!"


.

Initiative:

Raven: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Thod: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Sevenspawn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Donnell: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Sivit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Raven Six's words are very, very appropriate. As Donnell sets to work scraping away the symbol trap and Sevenspawn and Thod try to figure out where the hell they are, the north door flies open. Donnell is also ready, his supernaturally-enhanced hearing picking up the padding of what sounds like giant paws before the door flies open.

The creature that charges has the body of a lion, the wings of a falcon, and the head and torso of a woman crowned with curling horns. She bears two kukris and shouts out something in a language you think is Vudrani before moving in to attack!

Knowledge Planes DC 25:

This creature is a darksphinx. These are dangerous outsiders that hail from the lower circle of Hell, and noted as guardians of secrets and forbidden knowledge. They are resistant to some types of elemental damage and magic and competent spellcasters.

Round One:

Donnell
Thod
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx
---
Raven Six

Donnell, Thod, and Sevenspawn are up! The baddie is squeezing - so she's in a hallway too small for her size.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (6) = 26

"... the hell?! How did they get a darksphinx in here? I mean... it's literally from Hell - s%@%! Resistant to magic and elemental damage - and effective spellcasters in their own right."

At least, I assume that's what you meant

Hucking a tanglefoot bag at the creature:

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Entangled
-2 attacks, -4 DEX, 1/2 speed
Spells: Concentration DC 15 + spell level
Duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 rounds

Reflex DC 15 or glued to the floor, speed = 0

"Ok, took care of that for now - let's get out of here!"

I mean, I'm sure we can take it if you want, but it sounds like the plan is to find the prisoners, rather than clear out the dungeon.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Vudrani:
"Temper, temper, madam!"
Raven Six says to the darksphynx as she quickly unslings her crossbow and slots in a silver bolt.

We might want to deal with this thing now, before it reports to the other guardians or hits us with a big spell. Readying light crossbow!


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn starts off his magical support with a simple Bless spell, lending The Everbloom's blessings to his companions as he touches his holy symbol.

**

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Bless counters and dispels bane. The +1 morale bonus applies on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and all saving throws. Once during the spell’s duration, an affected creature can roll an attack roll or saving throw twice and take the higher result. The target must decide to use this ability before the first roll is attempted.

**

How are we all for HP?


.

For the sheer purposes of starting a big dungeon I'm willing to just hand-wave healing and say you're at full because those logistics would have been handled.

GM Rolls:

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Concentration: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Unholy Blight: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 2, 4) = 17

The darksphinx starts a little as Raven Six calls out her language. She snarls back in common. "Don't sully the tongue of my masters, worms! You shall all die!"

Donnell's throw with the tanglefoot bag is not his best, but she is a very easy target who is also squeezing into a too-small hall. It splashes right onto her. However, she wiggles free easily and moves closer - albeit a little slowly. She starts chanting very unpleasant-sounding words, and suddenly a grease, horrid miasma of darkness spreads among the group!

It feels wrong - like your very moral fibre has been attacked. Sevenspawn and Thod both double over with nausea while Donnell manages to resist the worst of it. Raven Six is a little less affected than the rest of you.

Round Two:

Donnell
Thod
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (entangled)
---
Raven Six

Everyone but Raven Six must make a DC 19 will save! Failure means 17 damage and you are sickened (and thus cannot do anything but move). Success means 8 damage. Raven Six takes 8 damage if she fails, 4 if she passes. No sickness.

Everyone is up!


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

That's Nauseated that prevents the target from moving. If we're sickened, it only means -2 to pretty much any D20 roll. Looking at Unholy Blight, it inflicts Sickened, unless this demoness can cast some sort of improved version.

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Ouch. Buuuuut...

"Uuuughh.... SCREW YOU, UGLY STUPID LION THING!"

Thod was about to double over from the spell, but apparently enraged by being hit by the spell, he seems to disregard his disgust and flings himself at the foe.

Technically Sickened by the spell, but when raging, I'm immune to the Sickened and Nauseated conditions. So I enter a rage and ignore the effects. Power attack, of course.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 Damage 1: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Damage 2: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Vudrani:
"Sounds like someone needs a time out,"
Raven Six says, as she seems to shrug off most of the spell's effects. Dropping the crossbow, the Alchemist instead draws a blue vial from her belt and sends it hurtling end over end towards the vile creature!

One cold bomb, using precise bombs discovery to exclude any of my allies in the area from splash damage. Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28 for 4d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 6) + 5 + 1 = 24 cold damage. Fortitude save DC19 or be staggered!


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Will: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19

The strength Milani provides through her blessing quite literally pulls Sevenspawn through the awful effects of the spell. He returns her mystic efforts with a matching spell of his own, releasing a simple Doom incantation upon the terrifying creature.

**

This spell fills a single subject with a feeling of horrible dread that causes it to become shaken.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

well, that effectively negates my Heroism, assuming Thod has the right of it

Donnell’s fantastic high fades and he feels slightly weak and drained as a result: ”Ugh! Damn, that’s lousy. Oh! Y’all are serious about fighting this thing, eh? Alright...”

Donnell once again undergoes the painful (and gross) process of swallowing insect eggs, then regurgitating a wasp swarm.

Swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Poison: Fort DC 13 or 1 DEX damage
Distraction: Fort DC 13 or nauseated

I’ll write out stats when I get back to a computer


.

GM Rolls:

Sevenspawn's Caster Level Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Fort vs Swarm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Will Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fort vs bomb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Tanglefoot duration: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Attacks: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 4 = 231d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 161d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 51d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

You launch your attack as a swarm of wasps appears just as the bomb lands, damaging her. She proves resistant to both the cold and Thod's attacks, but both hurt her. Finally Sevenspawn produces his holy symbol, pronouncing her doom in the name of the Everbloom - that does work and she shirks back.

Notably, the swarm seems to not be doing much against her damage resistance. She snarls and starts slashing out repeatedly, but the effects of the tanglefoot bag and Sevenspawn's spell slow her and she only hits twice with her kukris.

Round One:

Donnell
Thod (-19)
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (-29) (entangled 4) (shaken)
---
Raven Six

Thod takes 19 damage. Everyone is up!


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Thod roars again and continues stabbing away, though takes a moment to check his footing.

"STOP NOT BLEEDING!"
Standard action to attack, Power attack. Move action to assume a Defensive Stance, adding +2 dodge to my AC.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Current AC: 21
Rage Remaining: 20/25


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Stooping to rerieve her crossbow, Raven Six fires a silver arrow at the extraplanar beast, curious to see how silver will affect it.

Ranged 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11 for 1d8 ⇒ 6 silver damage.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

The priest produces a wand from his belt, pointing it at Thod.

Wand of CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) + 5 = 20


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Oh - didn't think of DR. Oh well, maybe we'll get lucky and the swarm will be distracting enough to slow some attacks.

Wasp Swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Poison: Fort DC 13 or 1 DEX damage
Distraction: Fort DC 13 or nauseated
Duration: 9 rounds

Donnell grits his teeth in frustration as the swarm seems mostly ineffective against the darksphinx. Seeing the flash of silver on Raven Six's bolts gives him an idea, however:

Silver Pellet Grenade: Reflex DC 15 for half
(Note: Gave myself a -4 for range to get it far enough to not affect Thod, about 25')

Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 = 25

Bludgeoning: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Total: 1 + 3 + 2 = 6

Unfortunately, the Wasp Swarm will be affected by the Fire damage (though not, I think, by the rest).

Reflex Wasp Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Swarm takes 2 * 1.5 = 3 fire damage

Wasp Swarm:

AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 14; (+1 Dex, +4 size)
HP: 7d8 - 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 7, 5, 7, 3) - 3 = 26
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3
Defensive Abilities swarm traits; Immune weapon damage
Weakness swarm traits

OFFENSE

Speed 5 ft., fly 40 ft. (good)
Melee swarm (2d6 plus poison)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks distraction (DC 13), poison

STATISTICS

Str 1, Dex 13, Con 10, Int —, Wis 12, Cha 9
Base Atk +5; CMB —; CMD —
Skills Fly +11, Perception +9; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception
SQ swarm traits, vermin traits

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Poison (Ex)
Swarm—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; effect 1 Dexterity damage; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Note that there's not a lot I can do here, gang - everything I have does 1d6 damage at a shot, which is not likely to get past DR. My strength in combat relies on iterative damage...


.

GM Rolls:

Distraction: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 4 = 241d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 141d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The darksphinx is completely unharmed by the pellet grenade while Thod and Raven Six both miss their attacks badly. She rears up, continuing to attack Thod. Her slowed attacks mean her constant barrage mostly misses the dwarf, who just gets slashed once.

Round Two:

Donnell
Thod (-12)
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (-29) (entangled 3) (shaken)
---
Raven Six

Thod takes 12 damage. Everyone is up!


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Troubled by how dangerous this creature appears and how well it holds up against the onslaught of his companions, Sevenspawn summons forth a Spiritual Ally to help champion Milani's cause. With a brief flash of reddish light that emerges at the end of the incantation, an almost ethereal form appears, wielding a morningstar of the same colour as itself in it's grasp. It flies forth, attacking the darksphinx from above.

**

An ally made of pure force appears in a single 5-foot square within range. The ally takes the form of a servant of your god.

The spiritual ally occupies its space, though you and your allies can move through it, since it is your ally. The spiritual ally carries a single weapon, one favored by your deity (as for spiritual weapon), which has the same threat range and critical modifiers as a real weapon of its form. Each round on your turn, starting with the turn that you cast this spell, your spiritual ally can make an attack against a foe within its reach that you designate. The spiritual ally threatens adjacent squares and can flank and make attacks of opportunity as if it were a normal creature. The spiritual ally uses your base attack bonus (gaining extra attacks if your base attack bonus is high enough) plus your Wisdom bonus when it makes a melee attack. When the spiritual ally hits, it deals 1d10 points of force damage + 1 point of damage per 3 caster levels (maximum +5 at 15th level). It strikes as a spell, not a weapon, so it bypasses DR and can affect incorporeal creatures.

Each round after the first, you can move the spiritual ally as a swift action. It has a speed of 30 feet, and a fly speed of 30 feet (perfect maneuverability). Being a construct of force, the spiritual ally cannot be harmed by any physical attacks, but dispel magic, disintegrate, a sphere of annihilation, or a rod of cancellation affects it. A spiritual ally‘s AC against touch attacks is 10.

If an attacked creature has spell resistance, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against that spell resistance the first time the spiritual ally strikes it. If the ally is successfully resisted, the spell is dispelled. If not, the weapon has its normal full effect on that creature for the duration of the spell.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Doing a mental inventory of what he has available, and comparing that list to what seems effective against the darksphinx, Donnell growls in annoyance.

Pulling a wand from his pack, he attempts to activate it:

UMD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Wand of Slow
12 charges remaining

Will DC ? (16?) to negate (I'm not sure how DC works for wands...)
Staggered: Single move or standard action each turn, but not both
-1 to attacks, AC, and Reflex saves
Moves at half its normal speed


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

In meetings alllllll day. Will post the SA attack when I get home unless SB beats me to it.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Arg - forgot the swarm attack.

Wasp Swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Poison: Fort DC 13 or 1 DEX damage
Distraction: Fort DC 13 or nauseated
Duration: 8 rounds

Also:
Entangled
-2 attacks, -4 DEX, 1/2 speed
Spells: Concentration DC 15 + spell level
Duration: 3 rounds


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six pulls a black vial from her belt and drinks! The mutagen immediately sets to work, the Alchemist's hair growing wild and red even as her body grows inches taller and stronger.

Is drinking a mutagen a standard or a move action? If the latter, R6 also chugs an extract of Shield.


.

Mutagens are the equivalent to casting a spell on yourself - so yes, standard.

And yep I'm tracking the entangle!

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The darksphinx ignores the swarm, but suddenly Donnell's wand seems to take holder of her and she... slows... down. As she slows, a ghostly figure appears in the image of the Everbloom herself, wielding a rose and a morningstar. She strikes down, wounding the darksphinx.

Round Three:

Donnell
Thod (-12)
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (-37) (entangled 3) (shaken) (slow 5)
---
Raven Six

Thod is up! I'll GMPC him tomorrow afternoon if he can't post by then.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Continue the attack, still power attacking.
Standard action to attack, Power attack. Move action to assume a Defensive Stance, adding +2 dodge to my AC.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Damage 1: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Damage 2: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Current AC: 21
Rage Remaining: 19/25


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 16 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 5 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The combination of the varying spells and effects on her slows down the darksphinx incredible, now having her move in slow motion. However, he blows are still deadly accurate as Thod takes another hit.

Round Three:

Donnell
Thod (-23)
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (-44) (entangled 2) (shaken) (slowed 4)
---
Raven Six

Thod takes 11 damage. Everyone is up!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Mutated: Str. 14, AC 18, Int. 18.

Raven Six moves up next to Thod and stabs at the infernal creature with Blackjack's rapier!

Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 magic mithral damage.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Wasp Swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Poison: Fort DC 13 or 1 DEX damage
Distraction: Fort DC 13 or nauseated
Duration: 7 rounds

Donnell grins in satisfaction when the wand has the desired effect, and slides Pilts's scepter from his belt: "Now - let's see what this can do..."

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


.

Raven moves in and stabs out, but her attack misses.

Donnell pulls out the rod of wonder, channels his brain-energy into it and....

the darksphinx suddenly shrinks! Drastically - within seconds the enormous figure is reduced to the size of a halfling. She lets out a shout of rage in what is now a curiously high-pitched voice.

Round Three con't:

Donnell
Thod (-23)
Sevenspawn
---
Darksphinx (-44) (entangled 2) (shaken) (slowed 4) (reduced)
---
Raven Six


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 25/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Thod weathers the blows, and prepares his counterattack, until the thing shrinks in size. This stops his assault momentarily. But only for a bit, before he continues swinging.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 Damage 1: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Damage 2: 1d10 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

Current AC: 21
Rage Remaining: 18/25


.

Note to Sevenspawn, the knowledge check revealed that good-aligned weapons damage the darksphinx best - which means your holy warhammer ist he best weapon in the group to fight this thing.

GM Rolls:

AoO: 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 18 - 5 = 25 Damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack+Bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 33 Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (6, 4) = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 5 = 16 Damage: 1d3 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Thod moves in for more attacks, but with the darksphinx now quite shrunken, he's unable to land a blow!

Sevenspawn risks an attack by moving into melee with the thing, bringing his spiritual ally closer so everyone can get in on the fight. The ally sets up a good flank with Thod while Sevenspawn trades blows with the darksphinx.

The darksphinx is now badly outnumbered although she is still a formidable foe. Magically slowed by Donnell, she swings out at Thod, who blocks the attack.

Round Three con't:

Donnell
Thod (-23)
Sevenspawn (-8)
---
Darksphinx (-64) (entangled 1) (shaken) (slowed 3)
---
Raven Six

Sevenspawn takes 8 damage from an attack of opportunity but did 20 in return so good trade lol. Everyone is up!


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); Sickened (-2 all rolls)

Seeing the effect of the rod on the darksphinx, Donnell mutters a quick: "Heh - noice!"

But watching the reduced creature nimbly dance away from Thod's attack causes the slight frown to flutter back across his brow. Gripping the rod tightly, he tries again:

UMD: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + (4) = 21

@GM: I went looking for general information about rods (bc I wasn't sure about whether they needed to recharge), and saw a couple of suggestions from people that a UMD wasn't needed as they can be used by anyone. I'm not sure how you feel about that (I'm not sure it Pilts rolled them or not). Anyway, let me know, and if I do need to roll UMD, let me know if I know anything about the DC I have to meet, because I'm using an Inspiration point on this particular roll to get above 20. Thanks!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +16; AC 16 (+2 Dex., +4 armour); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Now flanking the unholy creature with Sevenspawn, Raven Six jabs at what she judges to be its vulnerable bits!

Flanking full magical rapier attack! Stab #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 for 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + (5) + 4 = 14 mithral damage. Stab #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 for 1d6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 4 = 11 mithral damage.

AC currently 18.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 72/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn swings for the fences, as does his ally.

Attack+Bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (2, 3) = 18

Ally Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

2,701 to 2,750 of 2,769 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne (closed group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.