GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 3: Escape from Old Korvosa

Online Maps | Party Loot Tracker | Party Assets


2,751 to 2,800 of 2,914 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

Pilts was rolling UMD. I'll keep at it but do some reading.

GM Rolls:

Rod: 1d100 ⇒ 67
Reroll because I already got that one: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Fortitude: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

As you guys continue beating on the darksphinx, Donnell starts waggling the rod wildly again. Suddenly deep and primal seems to erupt from within it and the darksphinx starts to slow. Her voice echoes down the hallway and she lets out a horrid scream before lunging out at Sevenspawn's neck.

But she freezes, in place. She has been turned into stone.

End of Combat

The odds of rolling a 100 on percentile followed by a 1 on a saving throw. Christ.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six-a looks from the ugly statuette to Donnel and says: "Please never use that thing on the rest of us. Ever."


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Catching his breath, the priest gives thanks to his goddess and her ally before he gathers everyone injured for some mass healing.

Channel Energy: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 3, 5) = 18
Channel Energy: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 1, 6) = 21

That outta do it, but a HP check would be helpful, gang. Let me know.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Nice!" the mutant Raven Six says, as she rolls her shoulders. "Yer getting real good at that, brother. So. Where next? All around the merry-go-round, or do we check out the door?"


.

Thod jerks out his halberd from what is now a gorgeous statue of a spooky lion lady. Unfortunately, any valuable equipment on her has also been turned to stone. You can see on her two wands dangling from belts at her side, and the two kukris in her hand could be recoverable if you wanted to damage this perfectly lovely statue.

From here you can continue northwards, or return back to the spin-o-matic to check out its last rotation.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

Donnell is a bit wide-eyed as he looks from the statue to the rod: "I am suddenly very happy that Pilts did not have a chance to use this too often on us!"

Inspecting the darksphinx, Donnell manages to look slightly sheepish as he taps at her gear. If any of it is recoverable, Donnell will take it, though he'll likely have to enlist Thod's help in breaking the statue.

"Assuming we still plan to find Vencarlo and Neolandus first, I suggest we spin one more time."

This is assuming you don't want to just clear the entire dungeon systematically, which is what Donnell would prefer.

@GM: I assume Donnell's earlier Perception check didn't reveal tracks or other evidence from the men we seek, so I'll roll that again, but was he able to disarm the trap before the darksphinx attacked?

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 + (6) = 29

By the way, how do I get rid of this Sickened condition?!


.

The illness from the darksphinx's spell leaves of its own accord quickly enough - and after some careful examination Donnell realizes the spell is triggered and gone for now.

Together and with Thod's muscle, you destroy the hands of the statue and unearth two stone kukris and two stone wands. You'll need some way of returning them to normalcy to make use of them.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Uhh, rotate it, I guess. Quickly check out each room, and then figure out where to go from there. Least that's what I'm thinking."


.

You hop back in the spinaroonie and give the lever a tug. The room spins around and you face... a wall. Apparently nothing connects up to this specific lever from here.

The next rotation resets you to when you first came into this room and saw the lever, which links to the exit. So you have an option of progressing to the first area you linked with, or the second one where you fought the darksphinx. Or just leaving lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

"Well," Donnell comments, dryily, "that was fun. Ready to leave? No?"

Donnell pulls the lever twice more, taking us back to the first room, with a sarcastic: "Wheee!"


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

looks like we've already checked the door in the first room for traps, so I suggest we just open it and begin exploring that space. Looks like, unless we get really lucky, we might have to clear the dungeon before we find the prisoners.


.

At this point you have now realized there are four dungeon layouts. For ease of understanding, you are now on layout 2. Layout 1 is what you entered in on. Layout 3 is where you fought the darksphinx. Layout 4 you know nothing about yet.

You pull the lever twice more to return the dungeon to a now-familiar arrangement. As the two rooms swing in place to click together, a man comes into bearing.

Vencarlo.

The dashing swordsman is bedraggled and filthy and leaning heavily against a wall. "Oh thank the Gods! You're here. Please, Glorio Arkona is not what he seems - he has sent you here to die! The deeper you go the worse this gets. He is true enemy!"


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

Donnell frowns slightly - here is his childhood hero calling him an idiot - but his expression quickly returns to a wry grin: "We assumed as much, but it seemed worth the risk. Not to mention," looking appraisingly around the room, "we could probably use another hideout."

"You will have to excuse us, but in tracking you down, we acquired some gear from your home, and consequently, uncovered a secret." Flipping open his pack, Donnell pulls out a mask and some daggers with a 'B' engraved on the pommel.

(I'm not sure what equipment Raven Six is using from Blackjack's - I assume anything she doesn't have is in the Handy Haversack or Bag of Holding. As mentioned previously, Donnell will suggest returning all of Blackjack's items to Vencarlo - the things we found in that closet are listed as "Blackjack" on the party loot page.)

"Where is the seneschal? The city needs you both desperately!"

Is he injured? Require healing of some kind?


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

The armour, boots, gloves, rapier and amulet.

"Heya, 'Carlo," Raven Six-a says, jovially. "Figured Arkona ain't on the up-and-up, but uh... what is he, then?"


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn remains quiet, moving to check the swordsman's state of health. He offers up some water and the Sustaining Spoon and bowl from his pack as he does so.

Heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


.

Vencarlo is undernourished and has no recent injuries. He gratefully accepts the nourishing mush of the Gods, clasping it in both of his shaking hands. His only weapons right now are a few javelins.

"So you know," he says. "I'm glad but for now - hang onto them. Use them if you must. I'm in no shape to fight. We will discuss all of this in time. For now, Glorio is our concern. He is manipulating everyone for you see, he is no man. He is a rakshasa and his true name is Bahor. Everything he does is a lie, his philanthropy is a cover for buying loyalty for his cruel enterprises. He tricked us into taking refuge here and instead just imprisoned us with this creature his people summoned called Sivit, some sort of sphinx. Beware her! She defeated us both and imprisoned us. I have just escaped. I am so happy to see you."

He takes another spoonful of root marm. "Neolandus is in the labyrinth and is safe yet imprisoned. Save your strength. Bahor is the real culprit, cut the head off of the snake and we can extract Neolandus without issue."

Donnell's Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (3) = 22

Rakshasas hail originally from Vudra, and are powerful creatures who live among humans, obsessed with decadence, selfishness, and power. They are like fiends, but are not fiends. Legendary shape changers, they live full lives appearing as humans while they manipulate others to their byzantine political ends.

Rakshasas are noted for their animal heads, most commonly those of great cats, and their backwards-bending hands.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

As he's explaining what rakshasa are to the others, he fingers flick: Does this make sense to any of you? I don't think we can trust Glorio, but it also seems odd we just stumbled on Vencarlo here.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 9 + (2) = 22
Just checking! Maybe Vencarlo also isn't who he says he is...

"The darksphinx? Yeah, we've already dealt with her. Is Glorio/Bahor here in the Labyrinth? If not, let's get you and Neolandus out first, then we'll deal with him up above."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Sign language:
"Dunno. But it is Blackjack we're talking about. Pity I already tried to read Arkona's aura; can't do it again until tomorrow."

"Yeah, sphinxie is taking a dirt... heh... a stone-nap. Let's nab the politician before one of those others critters we heard at the front door figures it out and takes him in hand."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Yeah, we were pretty sure numb nuts upstairs was deliberately leading us into a trap. But hell, nothing else in this city has been able to take us down yet. Crime lords, dark priests, insane gang leaders. And we had to find you, so acceptable risk."

Thod doesn't directly communicate with sign language, though he does try to cover for the rest of the group. He walks up, eagerly handing over some of his rations. And some ale. "Sure look like you need a drink more than I do."


.

Back! Sevenspawn has not posted but I've also rolled a sense motive for him because he'd do that sort of thing.

Vencarlo greedily sets into the rations, washing it down with some ale while Donnell tries to see if Vencarlo is not what he seems. For what its worth, he appears to be telling the truth.

"He's not in the labyrinth but the powers of the labyrinth are directly informed by him. Sivit was a mighty opponent and you should be commended but don't get cocky - Neolandus has survived thus far. Removing Bahor is your best chance for success."

It's Sevenspawn who finally notices something wrong. The group's insistence that you keep on in the labyrinth seems to have irritated him and he appears to be ad-libbing his responses.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

(Assuming Sevenspawn lets us know what he's deduced)

Donnell draws back the string of his crossbow and sets a bolt in place: "Right! So, how's about you tell us what's going on and who you really are?"

Donnell's not really feeling inclined to give this creature the benefit of the doubt, so anything short of capitulation is going to result in a crossbow bolt to the face.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Huh? What? Oh, we're doing that now?"

Thod levels his halberd toward 'Vencarlo' though not entirely angrily. More confused, like a person missing his cue, and hastily hurrying to get back in sync.


.

Vencarlo sighs and bridges himself up along the wall to get to his feet.

"A pity, I worked very hard on this, but perhaps the accent slipped through. No matter," he looks at you keenly. "Let us say that I am not Vencarlo. Let us also say that although your defeat of Sivit was most impressive, it is in your best interests to speak with me. You know Bahor is the true villain here, you know he trapped your friends, and sent you hear to die. Your friends are in no danger - slay Bahor and I will lead you to them."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Vudrani:
"Perhaps a little more information about Bahor would be a good idea,"
Raven Six says out loud.


.

Small delay - I'm going to nudge Sevenspawn as his participation in this scene is important.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

"I've enough of deception," the priest finally pipes in quietly, "to last a thousand lifetimes, and no desire to bargain. Reveal yourself and speak plainly, or be cut down here where you stand."


.

Vencarlo suddenly snarls at you, but stops himself. Donnell feels an odd twitching at his belt.

"Deception is your life Phaedren. You have been deceived for oh so, so long. I am astonished you noticed it finally. I had hoped to slip one more by you, you'll forgive me for trying considering how far I've gotten to date."

As it does, Vencarlo begins to change form in front of you. His features turn orange and elongate, and his hands flip around to begin facing backwards. The voice abruptly changes, becoming feminine and with a distinct Vudran accent.

"You captured a man, Verik Vancaskerkin and in the jail he revealed a secret - he had been a paramour of Vimanda Arkona who had been manipulating him into fomenting rebellion. A failed ploy of mine, but a great success came of it. You took a dagger from him. You tried so hard to find out what it did, Donnell. Praytell, have you heard of a Raktavarna?"

"Vencarlo" completes her transformation, and before you is a woman with a fox's head. The rakshasa continues. "My servant. My eyes. I saw everything. When you sold the tidbit about my game with Verik to Devargo. He tried to blackmail me, and instead I had the Grey Maidens destroy his throne - a display of loyalty to our dear Queen. But there is so much more. Devargo wanted vengeance..."

She starts to hover above the ground. "So I told him where you were keeping Trinia. And you - you..." she bursts into laughter. "You went mad trying to find the culprit! Your Broken Crown, near-dead of the plague. Ready to repent his sins. He was in debt to my brother, and embezzled to pay off that debt, but he never betrayed your secrets. He was no traitor. You killed him without asking what he was confessing to!" She bursts into hysterical laughter before she stares at all of you.

"You have to die now. The game is over. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

As the horror of what has happened sinks in, Donnell feels a wild twist at his belt. The silver dagger suddenly elongates, and changes into a hideous, red-eyed serpent!

Raven Six feels a sudden surge of power and the vision of her harrow card floats before her eyes for a moment. She is empowered, and she knows she will need it. This is a mighty foe.

Initiative:

Raven: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Thod: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Sevenspawn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Vimanda: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Donnell: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Raktavarna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round One:

Thod
Sevenspawn
Raven Six
Donnell
---
Vimanda
Raktavarna

Everyone is up! Raven Six your harrow card is active. You gain a +2 to intelligence-based checks and +1 caster level for intelligence-based spells (I'm including alchemy for this).


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (2) = 17

Donnell's eyes blaze at the thought of this betrayal, and at his own naivete for not working it out: "Time for you to die, shapeshifter."

Drawing his rapier, he prepares to attack the raktavarna in front of him:

Attack1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Well, that was a lousy first round...


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Sevenspawn," Raven Six-a says, "brother. This may all be true or it may all be lies. Whichever it is, Milani hss not forsaken you. Your strength with her has only grown for as long as I have known you! Do not take this critter's words to heart until you can ask your goddess for the truth."

The mutated Alchemist chugs a vial -- and spits out a swarm of enraged wasps, which attacks the enemy!

"This mutt is over-eager to deprive Sevenspawn of his silver blade -- bet that's its weakness," she says as she draws her rapier.

Vomit swarm for 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 wasp damage. Fort. DC13 or 1 Dex. damage. Distraction. Game on!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

If this fiend was hoping for a look of betrayal, she would be disappointed, for Thod's look is that of confusion, unable to follow much of what she's saying. And Thod's look of confusion is not a rare resource.

"You caught who...? Who told some guy...? Something...? Traitor...?"

Quote:
"You have to die now. The game is over. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

"Ahh, now THAT I understand! GO TO HELL, FURFACE!"

Thod steps forward, ready to deliver pain.

5-foot step, enter rage, full round power attack.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 Damage 1: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Damage 2: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Rage Remaining: 17/25
Spiderbeard, I take it she has damage reduction. Is it only absorbing a bit of my blows, or is she clearly not taking a lot of damage? (To metagame, is her DR something like 5, or 10+) Or, better yet, is a magical Halberd able to pierce her DR?


.

Was gonna GMPC Sevenspawn but I just hit a conference so he has a bit more to post. Hang in there kids!


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn is shaken. His mind reels: is it true? Did he murder his Crown wrongly?. He is lost in it until Raven Six-a speaks.

Raven Six-a wrote:
"... brother. This may all be true or it may all be lies. Whichever it is, Milani has not forsaken you. Your strength with her has only grown for as long as I have known you! Do not take this critter's words to heart until you can ask your goddess for the truth."

The priest finds himself nodding, and his hand squeezing her shoulder in thanks. He nods a final, definitive time, looking at his friend a mere second before pulling away. He begins to chant and moves his hands as he calls upon The Everbloom's power.

***

I'm gonna start with Blessing of Fervor. It should cover everyone. That said, if she is floating out of reach already, I'll change to Air Walk (Communal) and try and touch at least two, with Thod one of those.

Blessing of Fervor

With this blessing, you call your allies to move forth and empower them to conquer and become victorious. Each round for the duration of this spell, each of your allies can choose one of the following bonuses for that round at the beginning of its turn (their choice).

Increase its speed by 30 feet.
Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.
These effects are not cumulative with similar effects, such as those provided by haste or a speed weapon, nor do they actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round. Blessing of fervor does not stack with haste.


.

Back!

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 351d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Thod'S fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Thod's AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 1 = 34 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Snek: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Sevenspawn quickly chants a spell that hastens and empowers the party as "Vimanda" spins a couple of kukris into her hand. Thod rushes in as well, and his first shot connects despite what seems like supernatural speed on her part.

Also Raven Six barfs a bunch of wasps. Vimanda's eyes go wide as the flying insects swarm over her and begin stinging her madly. She ignores the worst of it though and suddenly snaps out a palm, thumping Thod squarely in the forehead. Although the attack seems an attempt to stun him, the dwarf has a very, very hard head. Vimanda then leaps into the air, flying away from the group further into the room and out of the swarm!

The raktavrna rears up and suddenly lunges out at Donnell, striking him. However the halfling resists the poison.

Round Two:

Thod (-6)
Sevenspawn
Raven Six
Donnell (-1)
---
Vimanda (-53)
Raktavarna

Thod takes 6 damage after DR. Everyone is up!


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

Any knowledge about the raktavarna gleaned from that 17?

Donnell grins savagely at the shapeshifting snake: "I'm gonna slice you open and use your poison glands to coat my weapons!"

Blessing of Fervour = Extra Attack

Rapier1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rapier2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
CritDamage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rapier3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"After her!" Raven Six-a shouts at the wasps, which actually obey, swarming Vimarna to sting and bite her for all they're worth!

The Alchemist herself moves to put the vile creature back in her sights...

Please move R6-a to a square above and to the right of Thod, wheee she has line of sight on Vimarna.

Wasps engulf Vimarna and auto-hit for 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 damage. Poison Fort. DC13 or 1 Dex. damage. Distraction.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"WHAT WAS THAT? A LOVE TAP?" Thod is annoyed, and prepares to advance, until the wasp swarm fills the room the strange being moved to.

"DAMN IT, RAVEN! YOUR DAMN BUGS ARE IN THE WAY!" Annoyed, Thod instead draws one of his rarely used spears from his spear quiver.

Move ahead, quickdraw my shortspear, and throw it at the woman. It's not magical, but it is Silvered For this round, I'll pick the +2 attack, AC, and Reflex bonus to AC.

Thrown Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Damage: 1d6 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) - 1 + 6 = 10 *Silvered Weapon*

Current AC: 21
Rage remaining: 16/25


.

This is a proper boss fight so imma let Sevenspawn post before updating.


.

Okay, GMPCing him.

GM Roll:

Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 311d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Lightning: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 5d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (3, 1, 6, 4, 3) = 28
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Suggestion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Donnell skewers the raktavarna twice. As he does so, he recalls a bit about them. They're a reincarnation of a failed rakshasa, noted for a poison that causes the victim to forget the last minute's interaction with the snake.

Raven Six repositions herself as her swarm mercillessly stings away at Vimanda, and Thod flings a shortspear that she bats out of the air with amazing reflexes. Sevenspawn then thrusts his hammer into the air, calling out to his goddess to enchant him as he moves in.

Vimanda eyeballs Thod before producing a javelin and flinging it at the dwarf. There's a loud thundercrack as the javelin turns into a lightning bolt, streaking right through the dwarf! Raven Six manages to hit the ground and entirely avoid it, however.

The raktvarna suddenly goes still, waving at Donnell. He suddenly feels a strong compulsion to pull the lever... but he resists!

Thod takes 28 damage from a lightning bolt!

Sevenspawn has divine power active. +3 to hit and damage, 10 extra hit points, and an extra attack. So he can use his blessing of fervor bonus in another way. Everyone is up!

Round Two:

(blessing of fervor)
Thod (-32)
Sevenspawn (divine power)
Raven Six
Donnell (-1)
---
Vimanda (-53)
Raktavarna


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

Clamping his lips together, Donnell focuses on the snake - partly worried that this enemy is more dangerous than he'd first thought, but more concerned that this distraction is keeping him from helping his friends.

Blessing of Fervour = Extra Attack

Rapier1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
CritDamage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rapier2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rapier3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Still loving this rapier, but I wish it did more damage!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Using the +2 bonus to attack and AC.
AC = 20.

Hissing her anger, Raven Six-a whips up her crossbow and discharges a bolt towards the rakshasa, while her wasps continue to sting and gnaw!

Wasps auto-hit for 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 damage. Distraction. Poison Fort. DC13 or 1 Dex. damage.

Crossbow attack 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 32 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 silver damage.
CRIT THREAT. Confirmation roll 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 27 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 bonus damage.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sorry, all. Adulting has been difficult. Divine Power! Yay!

Sevenspawn pulls his war hammer, charging forward with a loud snarl.

I believe I need to use an action to bring it out, so I'll get two attacks instead of three - one for Divine Power, one for Blessing of Fervor.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 3 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (1, 2) + 3 = 21

Warhammer: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 3 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (1, 4) + 3 = 18

I believe that's correct, with the extra 2d6 DAM being against evil targets, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Lousy added damage rolls!


.

Was gonna GMPC Thod but need to confirm Raven's swarm. This is wasps or spiders? Vomit swarm specifies spiders.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

It's wasps. Starting at a certain caster level, I think 6, the spell gets an upgrade.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Thod grunts a bit by the lightning bolt, but is undeterred. He isn't about to be shown up by Sevenspawn, and charges into the swarm as well to deal with the annoying adversary.

Move into the room, Tumbling to avoid an Attack of Opportunity from Vimmy. Then Power Attack. Keeping the +2 Attack, AC, and Reflex. But gotta roll for the swarm, too.
Swarm Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 => Reduced to 3 by DR.
Swarm Distraction: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Swarm Posion: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31
Unimpeded by the Swarm, and not distracted.

Despite the biting, stinging insects, Thod attempts some surprisingly acrobatic maneuvers to get in around Sevenspawn.
Trying to Tumble through Sevenspawn to avoid an AOO by Vimmy.
Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 3 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 3 = 31 Damage: 1d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Current AC: 21
Rage remaining: 15/25


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

@Raven: Yeah, you can do wasps at 7th and army ants at 13th. Use of the words 'can' makes it sound like it's your choice, though.
Vomit Swarm


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Well, I definitely chose to use wasps. ^_^ Yay, upgrades!


.

GM Rolls:

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Sevenspawn (poison, distraction): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Swarm: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Saves: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (3) = 13
Threat: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 Crit: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Sevenspawn and Thod bravely charge into the swarm, taking their own damage as they get in close with the woman who has tormented the group so badly. Thod tries to do a neat little shoulder roll and she snaps out a kick at him but he manages to just avoid the attack.

Donnell stabs out repeatedly at the raktavarna, wounding it badly. It snaps back at him to little avail.

Vimanda flips two kukris into her hands which blaze with electricity before lashing out at Thod with her attack.

Round Two:

(blessing of fervor)
Thod (-55)
Sevenspawn (divine power)
Raven Six
Donnell (-1)
---
Vimanda (-101) (-1 dex)
Raktavarna (-13)

Thod takes 23 damage from a crit. Sevenspawn takes 8 damage from the wasps. Everyone is up!


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Did my crossbow crit not hit? o_o


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 40/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge); CatGrace (+4 DEX); Prot fr Evil (+2 AC and save

I'm not sure what the AC is on the Raktavarna, but I don't think the damage adds up correctly. Should be:
If AC=15-17, Damage=25
If AC=18-20, Damage=22
If AC=21-26, Damage=17
If AC=27-29, Damage=12

If the raktavarna is still standing, Donnell will continue to stab at it; let me know if it's already dead, as Donnell will attack the Rakshasa with his crossbow instead.

Blessing of Fervour = Extra Attack

Rapier1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rapier2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rapier3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


.

It did! Sorry Raven!

2,751 to 2,800 of 2,914 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne (closed group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.