GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 4: A History of Ashes

Online Maps | Party Loot Tracker | Party Assets


2,851 to 2,900 of 2,976 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Thankfully, these people prefer gimmicks over effectiveness. If I built a trap, I'd make the whole room collapse. Or flood it with acid, in case it was load-bearing. So. Shall we go south?"


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

"Huh... I wonder if it would run out of ammunition if I keep stepping on... Well, a question for another day, perhaps. South, then?"

Inspecting the doors:

Preception/Traps: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 24 + (4) = 45

If we end up with this place as another party lair, Donnell is going to spend weeks down here, rolling Craft(Traps).


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Uhh, if you made a room collapse, you wouldn't be able to walk through it. Problem with traps is that you often need to use the area as well, right? What good is a trap that makes the room collapse? Now you don't have a room."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"That's why my fortress of doom or whatever would have secret passages in the walls."


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Speaking softly as he inspects the room: "We have a fortress like that already - it's under the graveyard. Problem with (hmmm... what's that?) secret passages, is that (ahh - aha!) your enemies can find them too..."


.

The doors are unlocked. You hear nothing, and there are no traps.

North or south?


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

I say go south - so far nobody has suggested an alternative.


.

realize I should be using some more auto-explore stuff so we don't spend a day staring at a door.

Checking both doors and realizing they have no nasties on either side, you open both.

To the south:

Eight alcoves line this long, narrow hallway. Inside each alcove stands a human-sized, upright iron casket, the image of a sobbing woman decorating its lid. The hallway’s floor gleams bright red, a mosaic of tiny red stones giving the appearance that the hall is awash in blood.

To the north:

A six-inch-tall bronze dais on the floor in the middle of this otherwise empty room supports a polished column of black marble. The black stone seems to be vibrating softly, filling the air with a faint hum.

The meditation chamber to the north appears to not lead anywhere while the hallway with the wailing maiden caskets heads southwards.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"... Yeah. This all just screams 'trap'," Raven Six-a notes.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Looking north, Donnell mutters in response: "It sure does..." As he turns to face you, you see he's grinning madly - you aren't sure you've ever seen the halfling look so happy: "Isn't it great!?"

Pointing back into the north room: "Better to check this place off the list so we don't have to come back to it later. Ummm... any ideas what that stone might be?"

Perception/Traps: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 24 + (5) = 39
DisableTraps: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 24 + (3) = 38

Re Auto-explore: To be fair, this would be really slow in person too, as everything either is a trap or it looks like one. And, since D's really the best at searching/disarming, it's a lot of "GM describes / D searches."


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn shakes his head at Donnell's question, but rubs his chin thoughtfully.

"If it is determined that the floor activates traps in either direction," he offers, "then I can channel the power the Everbloom provides us to walk us across the air above it."


.

Donnell finds the one area in the labyrinth that is not trapped. However, the black marble column in the middle of it is interesting.

The soft vibration of the column is extremely calming, which is like a salve over Sevenspawn's completely destroyed nerves after the devastating news of the rakshasa's spy.

The vibrating column is the only feature in the north room.

As you investigate the north room, Donnell checks out the south room.

Yep, this one is trapped. Pressure-activated stones between the maidens which then look like it would tip the floor into the maidens themselves which would open up and.. something bad would happen.

That said having a world-class expert on traps in the group is handy, and Donnell manages to find a hidden bypass switch which disabled the trap for a short while, allowing you to progress southwards.

Let me know if you want to do anything with the stone or push on.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Huh, that column is weird. Kind of feels like... I dunno, the opposite of having a drink, but still feeling as good as having a drink?"

"I say we mark this area and proceed. So we don't stumble in it on our way out."

"Another hideout? I'm still working on furnishing our current hideout!"


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell is intrigued: "Huh... it's sort of... calming, in a way. It's not a trap (I think) - is it just a place to relax? That seems strangely out of place down here... I wonder, if I just took a small piece... No, y'know what, let's push on. Maybe I can experiment with this place later."

Turning at Thod's statement, bemused and quizzical: "How could you have too many hideouts? I have them all over the city - you never know when you'll be in a rough spot and need a hidey-hole!"

I'm not sure if Sevenspawn wants to take a short, meditative rest in the room with the stone. If so, Donnell will putter about semi-anxiously, trying to figure out what's what. Ultimately, toward the end of however long SS wants to rest, he'll try to chip off a piece of the stone to study later. If nobody wants to rest, he'll just push on without attempting anything rash, but will plan to come back later.

(yes, I know that might get us all killed...)


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

"It seems unlikely we will be able to return here at will," Sevenspawn chimes in. "Even if Arkona himself dies today, this is still underneath the family's palace."

I think SS is inclined to press on, find the missing folks (if they are even here) and get the heck out.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

"Our first hideout is under a graveyard, and the way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if Raven 6a here is some long-lost heir to the Arkona fortune."

Mildly disappointed at leaving the room so soon, and with his curiosity raging within him, Donnell will tap the stone lightly with a finger on his way out of the meditation room.

Donnell will lead the group south, pointing out the trapped stones, even as he hits the bypass switch. As usual, he will keep an eye out for anything extraordinary:

Perception: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 24 + (1) = 39


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

Raven Six-a turns to Donnell - and there is more of the standard Raven Six in her clipped tone of voice and briefly darkened eyes: "My family tree might not be as pretty a thing as I'd wish, but there are no rakshasas or Chels lurking between the branches, matey."


.

Again, in hard-push mode unless there is a non-obvious player decision in front of me.

Donnell hits the hidden switch and you all hurry past the wailing maidens before the trap resets itself. At the end of the hall it bends before arriving at a circular room.

A ten-foot-wide, two-foot-tall well rises from the center of this circular room. Inky water fills the well nearly to its rim, obscuring its depths. A stone statue of a rearing snake rises from the center of the well. Along the length of the serpent’s body, dozens of carved arms cross over the creature’s belly—each arm grips a long curved blade. The statue’s serpentine head rises ten feet above the surface of the water, gazing down coolly to the northeast with amethyst eyes.

Donnell's exceptional trap sense rewards him once more as he looks at the room carefully, furthermore discovering that there's a hidden door across the room.

The really awesome trap, which you'll never get to experience for yourselves would have blades spring from the well's base to chop up anyone within the room.

Disable: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 24 + (2) = 42

Donnell manages to rush to the statue and disable the trap without issue.

You check the secret door, which opens up into a new room.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 24 + (3) = 41

Both walls of this twenty-foot-long corridor are decorated with row upon row of tiger heads. Each head appears to be that of an actual, once-living tiger. The heads are remarkably well preserved—their gaping mouths and glaring eyes even appear to be moist.

This room is also trapped - and notably... it doesn't seem to lead anywhere or contain anything of value. The tiger heads would come live to become biting someone. You realize that considering the series of adjoining trapped rooms this seems like some sort of gruesome obstacle course. Considering the purpose of this labyrinth for training, it begins to make sense.

You've explored all that you can in this area. Spin the wheel for next alignment? Map is updated. The only lever you have access to is the pink one.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Crazy place. Anyways, back to the circle and give 'er another spin, I guess."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Yup."


.

You pull the lever to rearrange the dungeon, and irritatingly, the current layout just leads you to the tiger room you just found. There's nowhere more to explore from your location.

One more pull, and the rooms return to their original alignment which produces a new room - unfortunately a dead end but still a new room.

A five-foot-diameter pool of crystal-clear water nearly fills this small, circular room.

Map is updated, the room with the green circle beside your tokens is the pool room.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Checking through his notes and rough map he's made, Donnell grunts: "Looks like we've checked most places in here - probably just another four rooms to the north of here (and the places we skipped on the way in)." Flipping his notebook closed and stowing it, he takes a look into the room with the pool (and into the pool itself):

Perception: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 24 + (4) = 44
Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 24 + (2) = 44


.

The pool just appears to be a pool and the water in it, just water.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

tbh, I've lost track of what each lever does :P
I think if we pull the pink lever, we'll be able to access the unknown room in the green area.

If nobody wants to try anything else, Donnell will pull the pink lever.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"I've lost track a long time ago, I'm just following you."


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn nods beside Thod, bending his thumb towards him in agreement.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Yeah, we're all on board the Donnell train. Good thing, too. This place annoys me; if I'd been in the lead, I'd probably've just tried to blast a passage with bombs."


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Wait, is that an option?"


.

Push push!

You yank the lever which lets you move west, and then once more and you can go north. Pushing northwards past where you first met Sivit, you finally come to a room.

A great green throne sits atop a dais in the northern end of the room. To either side stand statues of a tiger-headed man—each holds aloft a pair of chains from which manacles dangle. Dried blood spatters the walls, the floor, and even the throne and statues, filling the room with its stale reek.

Hanging from the manacles is one Vencarlo Orisini. He is bedraggled and looks malnourished and beaten. However as you move in, he looks up and his face lights up.

"Wh... oh Gods you're here. I prayed so much and never heard an answer. I suppose this is the response. I heard fighting but my voice is gone."

Map is updated.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

"Right, yes, of course - anything you can tell us about this room? Or yourself...?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 9 + (2) = 31

Murmuring quickly out of the side of his mouth: "We found one Vencarlo already - I'd like to be sure we've found the right one this time... Ideas?"

As with every room so far, Donnell peers about before entering, and then inspects the room itself if it appears safe initially.

Perception: 1d20 + 24 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 24 + (2) = 28


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

It is hard for Sevenspawn tp wait for the man behind the mask of his hero, but discretion is needed. He spends a moment preparing his medical kit.

"We will have you free in a moment, he offers the man. He looks over to Donnell, and back to Vencarlo. "We found your... belongings in a chest, hidden away. Can you tell us what was in it, exactly? We need to be sure it is you, sir."


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Thod hustles up to Vencarlo, but holds back hearing Donnell's words. He's a bit more trusting, but is willing to defer to Donnell's caution. He's been doing it all the rest of the way through the dungeon. He still begins going through his various flasks, looking for an easy-to-go-down drink to help Vencarlo recover.


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Where's the freak that's supposed to be keeping watch over him?" Raven Six-a asks, rapier already in hand.

Vudrani:
"The unclean slave-creature."


.

Vencarlo hears the whisper, and as Sevenspawn speaks up he looks at the man critically. "Belongings... in a chest. In my house?"

He grins wryly. "You've caught me. Well done. I am Blackjack. But before we have a lovely chat about this can we rescue Neolandus and get the hell out of Korvosa? There'll be plenty of time to talk about it once I'm out of this s#@#hole."

He wriggles his hands in the manacles. "I must say it's quite a delight to see you. I understand there may be some trepidation if you met a rakshasa that looks like me, but I'm afraid you'll have to trust me that I'm not secretly a cat with strange thumbs."

Donnell is pretty damn sure he's not lying. There appears to be nothing strange in the room - he does notice a glint and approaching the throne, he finds a key under the cushion.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

If that's a key for the manacles, he'll use it. Otherwise, he'll pocket it and pick the locks instead

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 19 + (3) = 38

Donnell moves to free the swordmaster: "This is our guy - let's get him out of here and find Neolandus (and finish stripping this place of anything useful)."


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

The priest checks him out, once freed, to determine the level of healing needed.

Medicine: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"Hope you don't mind, but I borrowed a change of clothes and your kit," Raven Six-a tells Orsini. "Everyone who was there will swear Blackjack helped take down Pilts."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

"Yeah, you may be down here, but now people think Blackjack is around. Raven really wanted to dress up. Uhh, hope that's okay. Talk of continuing the legacy or stuff like that."

Thod moves to help Vencarlo down, offering him a drink, and perhaps some jerky and dried fruits, to help him recover from his captivity.

"Any idea where this Neo guy is?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

Vencarlo is malnourished and beaten half to unconsciousness. It's clear Sivit didn't treat him particularly well.

In short he's close to 0 hit points but otherwise is okay.

He grins weakly at Raven. "That's my girl. Blackjack is an idea far more than a person. But come, let's move. We can talk more. As for Neolandus, there's a wall you can walk through near the entrance. They pulled me through it a few times before bringing me here."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"You might want one of these," Raven Six-a tells Vencarlo, offering him an extract and a ration.

Some food and an extract of CSW for 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) + 8 = 18 hp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

Donnell taps a page in his notebook in consternation, muttering: "Out? But there are three rooms left to ... Ah hell. Alright, let's go find Neolandus."

I'm guessing two pulls on the yellow lever gets us back out?


.

You take a moment to explore the last few rooms anyways because there aren't any traps there. The last room of note after you line everything up is a strange room full of portals which hover three feet off of the ground. Two levers protrude from the walls. Some experimentation shows that these portals teleport to various locations within the labyrinth. Considering the spy you were carrying, an indication of why you were found so easily by Vimanda.

And notably, once a lever is pulled, all of the spheres teleport you to the cells. Through the shimmering portals, you can see the interior of a jail. Vencarlo stops you.

"There is a... beast there. A six-armed woman. The torturer. I was brought here with Neolandus briefly before I was taken by Sivit. Prepare for a fight, friends."

The entire map has been revealed. You can either take the portal to get to the cells and Neolandus, or go through the illusionary door to the stairs.


Male CG Human Cleric 10 HP: 82/72 I AC: 22 (11 Tch, 21Fl) | CMB: 10, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 Speed 20ft | Channel 4/4 | Spells 6/6 6/6 5/5 4/4 4/4 3/3 |

Sevenspawn passes an identical vial to one Raven Six-a offered Vencralo earlier to the man.

"Take this," he adds. "You are exhausted and unarmoured, but I know that you are a master swordsman and we will need your aid, I fear, should things go poorly. Speaking of which," he finishes as he looks to his companions, "can we get this man a sword? I will beg Milani for Her grace and prepare some spells for us in the interim."


Female Android Alchemist 8/Rogue 2; Init +2; Darkvision 60 ft, Low-light vision, Perception +18; AC 21 (+2 Dex., +5 armour, +2 natural, +4 Shield); hp 70/70; Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +4

"I can get him his sword," Raven Six-a says, offering Vencarlo the blade of Blackjack. "Heck, I can give you the whole kit, if you give me a moment to change back into my old one."

The Alchemist rummages in her extracts and lines a couple up. "Alright. I got Bull's strength and Enlarge person. Thod? Ready to be a behemoth? Vencarlo, how's about a brew of Displacement and False life? I'm for opening up with my bombs and maybe closing in, after they're spent, so if you don't want 'em, hang back and I'll have 'em."


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

@Raven: I'm not sure what Blackjack equipment you are using, but if you are giving everything back to him, make sure to check the Party loot page for some other gear that might help.

"If y'll gimme a sec, I can do a quick and dirty mix of a few things, here - it's gonna taste real bad, but it'll do th' trick."

Can also provide Enlarge Person; Invisibility, Blur, or False Life; and Channel Vigor.

As a strategy, Donnell suggests that he drink an Invisibility extract, jump through the portal, zap the creature with Slow just as the others come through.
(@GM: Donnell is also going to drink Cat's Elixir before going through the portal).


.

Vencarlo downs a few potions of healing and although he is still injured, the man seems to be doing far better. As Raven Six passes him over his kit, the torture seems to fade away and soon blackjack stands before you.

"Can't say I've dressed in front of others before." He whips his rapier through the air.

Let me know any other pre-buffs before I push.


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

As the rest of the group passes restoratives and elixers to Vencarlo, Thod stands there dumbly holding out a flask of mead, and some dried fruits.

"Is there room for me to get bigger? Tends to get cramped in these small quarters, especially if I can't get around the rest of you."

Aside from dipping some Barbarian Chew, Thod has no specific preparations. Bull's Strength, Blur, and False Life sound the most useful for me, but Thod would probably let Vencarlo take them, since it seems he needs more help. On the other hand...

"Eeeeh, I say Vencarlo, you should hang back. Maybe shoot or throw a bit? You might be feeling better, but I still don't want to go throwing you into the front lines. That's my job. Esepcially if this thing is as dangerous as you say."


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

@SS: Probably we can heal Vencarlo up to full with a wand (D has one, if needed).

@Thod: I think we have potions of Bull's Strength, right? Just mark it off the Party Loot page if Thod drinks one. Unfortunately, I can only do one or the other of those two extracts - Blur will probably help the most (20% miss chance, versus d10+10 hp with False Life). Channel Vigor can be used as Haste - let me know if you want it.

@GM: Can we see the creature Vencarlo is talking about in the portal?

Here's how I see Donnell's preparations:

Prepare Blur extract for Thod (1 minute). (Or Vencarlo, if he wants to get into melee).

Round -1: Quaff Cat's Grace and Invisibility (both dur. 10 min)
Round 0: Quaff Adhesive Spittle, jump through portal, move to a corner of the room.
Round 1: Zap creature with Wand of Slow; rest of party through portal


NG Male Dwarven Barbarian 10 | HP 115/115 {145/145} | AC 21 (19 Rage, 12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed) | CMB +14/+16, CMD 25/27 | Fort. +13/16, Ref. +6, Will +10/12 | Init. +2 | Perc. +15 | Speed 30ft | Rage: 14/25 | DR 2/- | Active conditions: N/A

Channel Vigor acts as haste? Yes please! Haste is one of the best buff spells! Extra attack, more movement, and defensive buffs. Even if Sevenspawn casts Blessings of Fervour, I can just pick one of the alternate buffs.

So, Bull's Strength from a potion we found, and Channel Vigor from an extract. If nobody else wants one, I'd also take the Blur extract, if I'm reading you right, Donnell. I say Raven Six gives her extracts to Vencarlo, though Thod will still insist he waits in the back. Even if he's healed, I'm not sure he's at 100%.

Order would be Thod drinks the Bull's Strength and Blur, but saves the Channel Vigor for just before he engages in combat.


Male CG Halfling Investigator 10 | HP: 57/57 | AC: 19 (16 FF, 14 Tch) | CMB: 6, CMD: 19, FF: 16 | F: +7, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +7 (+9 urban)| Perc: +15 | Locate Traps +20 | Disarm Traps +20 | Speed 20ft | Inspiration 7/8 | Harrow Points: 3 | +6 vs Poison, +2 vs Fear, +3 vs Traps | Active effects: Heroism, Heightened Awareness (+2 attacks, saves, skills; further +2 Perception & Knowledge)

I took Channel Vigor instead of Haste because, like BoF, you can use it as haste or something else. It has a 1 round/level duration.

You focus the energy of your mind, body, and spirit into a specific part of your being, granting yourself an exceptional ability to perform certain tasks. When you cast the spell, choose one of the following portions of your self as your focus target. Thereafter, you may change the focus target as a move action. You can gain the benefit of only one channel vigor spell at a time.

Limbs: You gain the benefits of a haste spell.
Mind: You gain a +4 competence bonus on Knowledge and Perception skill checks and on ranged attack rolls.
Spirit: You gain a +6 competence bonus on Will saving throws and Bluff and Intimidate checks.
Torso: You gain a +6 competence bonus on Fortitude saving throws and concentration checks.

It's a great spell!

2,851 to 2,900 of 2,976 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Curse of the Crimson Throne (closed group) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.