Feral's PFS Eyes of the Ten (Inactive)

Game Master Feral

Inits:
[dice=Adaxis]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Butyl]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zandu]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Zarzuket]1d20+13[/dice]

Handouts

Combat Map


1,251 to 1,280 of 1,280 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

ok so here is my attempt at the puzzle we go around hitting levers that correspond with the red swirly thing I think it is going counter clockwise now. The flaw is assuming that 5 rooms or levers exist and having no ideal what the trap does or if we are able to disable it. other input would be welcome.

edit: also I never liked the ideal of puzzles in pbp


To be fair, when I played this in person we didn't figure out the puzzle either.

Which lever did you pull? There's the one adjacent the door you entered through and then the lever on the door north and a lever on the door west.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Cleric (Separatist) 13 | HP 97/97, 1 Dex dam | DR 5/Blud (15/50) | AC 25/T 13/FF 23 | CMD 23 | Saves +14/+10/+20 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | SM +15 | DefBone, LifeBubble, ResistElec30

Can Adaxis disable the trap first?

-Posted with Wayfinder

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

I'm actually waiting to see who else is ready to voluntarily blow themselves with me (or have a way to get past it)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard lv 13, HP 107/107, Init +13, F +9, R +10, W +11, AC 17, CMD 19, Perc +18

perhaps some resist fire, electric, etc might be in order if we have any?

Grand Lodge

Buffs:
Haste 10/10r, Resist Electricity 30min, Bristle 24 min, Produce Flame 24 min, Burrow 24 min, Barksin 2hr, Resinous Skin 2hr, Stoneskin 2hr, Greater Magic Fang x2 12h, Mass Fly 2 hr
Adaxis:
HP 160/160 20% blur DR 5/p AC 21 T 11 FF 20 CMD 26 Fort+16 Ref+7* Will+17 (+4 enchant) Init+1 Perc+42
Mousebane:
HP 83/83 DR 10/a AC 38 T 20 F 38 CMD 27 Fort+12 Ref+14 Will+8 (+4 vs enchant) Perc+17 Fly 80'

Found a trap, best step back 'n case I trigger it.

Disable Device, t10: 10 + 24 = 34
Disable Device retry if not triggered: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Disable Device retry if not triggered: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Disable Device retry if not triggered: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36


Adaxis scratches out the hidden rooms trapping the chamber without setting them off.

Which lever are you pulling?

Grand Lodge

Buffs:
Haste 10/10r, Resist Electricity 30min, Bristle 24 min, Produce Flame 24 min, Burrow 24 min, Barksin 2hr, Resinous Skin 2hr, Stoneskin 2hr, Greater Magic Fang x2 12h, Mass Fly 2 hr
Adaxis:
HP 160/160 20% blur DR 5/p AC 21 T 11 FF 20 CMD 26 Fort+16 Ref+7* Will+17 (+4 enchant) Init+1 Perc+42
Mousebane:
HP 83/83 DR 10/a AC 38 T 20 F 38 CMD 27 Fort+12 Ref+14 Will+8 (+4 vs enchant) Perc+17 Fly 80'

Resist Electicity DR 30 is on the group. Anyone willing to pull levers? My reflex save is bad, but I've got decent HP. So if you direct, I'll pull.

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

Zandu pushes down on the northern one.


The entrance door closes, there's the sense of motion as if the room itself was moving, and then the northern door opens revealing a similar layout but without an exit door.

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

Zandu will sigh turn around and activate the left door in the red room.

hopefully the door will be green


There's a sense of motion again and then the western door opens revealing a mirror opposite of the blue room.

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

out of curiosity the blue door shut?


Yes.

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

Zandu will let the party observe the room and detect magic at the mirror if nothing odd shows up (because random mirrors are never good) Zandu will resist the urge to admire himself and will then activate the top yellow one.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard lv 13, HP 107/107, Init +13, F +9, R +10, W +11, AC 17, CMD 19, Perc +18

Shade will cast clairvoyance and start looking beyond the walls until he can see the way to the other side as the room rotates and will prepare to cast dimension door if he finds it and explains what he is doing to the group

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Cleric (Separatist) 13 | HP 97/97, 1 Dex dam | DR 5/Blud (15/50) | AC 25/T 13/FF 23 | CMD 23 | Saves +14/+10/+20 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | SM +15 | DefBone, LifeBubble, ResistElec30

Any checks we can make to get hints on the puzzle?


This was your clue. Unfortunately disabling the trap hurts you for purposes of this puzzle.

After a few minutes Zarzuket divines the other side of the complex puzzle-chamber. He sees a rising set of curved stair carved of slick, gray basalt. He weaves a second spell and whisks the party onto the stairs.

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

" I hate stairs how many floors can this damnable place have? Zandu exclaims as he readies himself for the next floor.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard lv 13, HP 107/107, Init +13, F +9, R +10, W +11, AC 17, CMD 19, Perc +18

Shade will float to the back of the group six feet in the air unless the ceiling height allows more.


The party moves up the stairs and is quickly enveloped in a gray haze that limits their vision to no more than an a few inches. After several minutes of climbing, they emerge into an enormous open chamber.

Atop the stairs, the unnatural shadow disperses, emptying like a river of gray swirling fog into a tremendous, circular atrium. The fog collects along the perimeter of the room, hovering no more than a foot above the ground. The remainder of the floor is exposed. Its surface appears slick and glasslike. Light from below penetrates the translucent surface, giving off a faint, eerie glow. The walls too appear made of the same, glassy substance. They climb almost twenty feet, then curve inward into a shadowy metal dome. Pinholes of light twinkle on the surface of the dome ceiling, giving it the appearances of the night sky. A shifting array of scenes twist and dance across the surface of the murky windows, depicting scores of people and places in dozens of realms throughout Golarion.

A lone feminine figure dressed in a gown of peacock feathers, porcupine quills and shimmering plates of scintillating opalescent abalone stands in the center of the floor staring into the walls. Her face is covered with an ivory mask, featureless except for pale, pupil-less white orbs lined with jade where her eyes should be. Its surface is inlaid with complex patterns of runes and upon its left cheek rest three, blood-red, crystalline tears. Dozens of silver rings pierce the perimeter of the mask, and it is hooded with a bristling mane of more peacock feathers.

She looks up briefly in the party's direction but not at the party themselves.

“Well Adril, you have found me at last. I see you have once again manipulated the members of the Society into performing your dirty work. I congratulate you on your ingenuity. Well played. Now that you’re here, you may as well reveal yourself to your pawns."

At the same time the eraminho stones circling the party's heads fade to a dull gray color and clatter to the floor. Ether spills from the dead stones and within moments, materializes in the form of Adril Hestram. Four of him.

They grin toothy grins at the party before turning to face the masked woman. “And so it begins, Shemis… Endgame”, they say in unison.

For this encounter I won't be posting any modifiers for the enemy rolls so its important that you keep your AC and HP up to date in your header or in your posts.

Adaxis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Butyl: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Zandu: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Zarzuket: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
3d20 ⇒ (20, 7, 16) = 43

Zarzuket is up.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard lv 13, HP 107/107, Init +13, F +9, R +10, W +11, AC 17, CMD 19, Perc +18

Shade will fly to shemis invisible cast summon monster V and have Moonlight from the haversack give the potion of gaseous form to Shemis and feed it to her whispering what it is and telling her to flee


Feeding someone a potion is a full round action so it can't possibly finish until next turn.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

One of the Adrils closes on Shemis. He rears back with his massive hammer and lays into her side. There's a wet crunch as the robed woman is hit but miraculously she manages to stay on her feet.

Zandu and Butyl are up.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Cleric (Separatist) 13 | HP 97/97, 1 Dex dam | DR 5/Blud (15/50) | AC 25/T 13/FF 23 | CMD 23 | Saves +14/+10/+20 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | SM +15 | DefBone, LifeBubble, ResistElec30

Butyl rushes the clones, but rather than striking them, draws a rod and breathes cloying smoke over them instead.

Persistent Hallucinogenic Smoke. Auto-succeed at casting defensively. Should catch all the Adrils, and no allies. DC 24 Fort save (roll twice and take the lowest), or be nauseated for 13 rounds. Anyone who makes the save is sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds.


8d20 ⇒ (2, 19, 3, 13, 19, 10, 10, 17) = 93

All four Adrils are overwhelmed by the toxic smoke. With the Adrils incapable of defending themselves, the party makes quick work of them.

I'm going to call the fight.

A few minutes later, dozens of venture-captains, seekers, and other high-ranking members of the Society pile into the observatory only to see that Adril has already been defeated and that Shemis is alive (if a bit battered). From beneath her mask, Shemis personally thanks each member of the party before she's quickly escorted away and Skyreach is secured. Eventually it's verified that there's no other signs of Adril, his agents, or his shadowy handlers.

With so many of the Decemvirate dead or missing, there's certain to be turmoil in the days to come but with at least one of the Ten alive, and confirmed to not be part of the mysterious shadow lodge, and one of the Society’s most pernicious adversaries defeated (for good this time) the Society's chances for a full recovery are much stronger. Days later, Eliza Petulengro contacts each member of the party individually to thank them for going above and beyond in their service. She goes on to apologize for the scrutiny placed on them during these trying times. Further, she asks a few to return to Skyreach to receive a special reward from the Ten themselves.

That's it folks. I'll get the game reported and chronicles out shortly.

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Cleric (Separatist) 13 | HP 97/97, 1 Dex dam | DR 5/Blud (15/50) | AC 25/T 13/FF 23 | CMD 23 | Saves +14/+10/+20 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | SM +15 | DefBone, LifeBubble, ResistElec30

Well, that was... fast. Whoops! I thought for sure they were decoys, and we were going to have a knock-down, drag-out fight with the real Adril after this!

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Cleric (Separatist) 13 | HP 97/97, 1 Dex dam | DR 5/Blud (15/50) | AC 25/T 13/FF 23 | CMD 23 | Saves +14/+10/+20 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | SM +15 | DefBone, LifeBubble, ResistElec30

Just to be clear, that's a poison effect. He doesn't have any extra protection against that? I'd hate to cheat everybody else out of a dramatic boss fight.


Nope, you one-shot the finale encounter. I hope it was fun!

The Exchange

human HP 134/134, ac 33 FF:23/ touch:22 /fort:15,ref:20, wil:11 INT+9 per+16 swashbuckler 13 PAN2/5 Charmed life 3/5

oh it must be my birthday because I get to kill you multiple times Zandu says somewhat happy to end this. Then a cloud breezes before him incapacitating the entire Adril clone army. well I guess we may as well kill them we do not need to have any clone wars I guess he says as the fight is ended.

Grand Lodge

Buffs:
Haste 10/10r, Resist Electricity 30min, Bristle 24 min, Produce Flame 24 min, Burrow 24 min, Barksin 2hr, Resinous Skin 2hr, Stoneskin 2hr, Greater Magic Fang x2 12h, Mass Fly 2 hr
Adaxis:
HP 160/160 20% blur DR 5/p AC 21 T 11 FF 20 CMD 26 Fort+16 Ref+7* Will+17 (+4 enchant) Init+1 Perc+42
Mousebane:
HP 83/83 DR 10/a AC 38 T 20 F 38 CMD 27 Fort+12 Ref+14 Will+8 (+4 vs enchant) Perc+17 Fly 80'

Many died today. May their souls find peace in the next world even the cruel and misguided Adril.

Adaxis takes a hot bath and cleans his bloodied body from the aches and pains of a 13 year adventuring careeer. While smoking fat a cigar, he contemplates outloud to himself over 40 arduous jobs he completed for The Society.

Wit me fame, fortune, good works and looks, what else is dare fer me to do? Maybe find a misses and start a small clan o' Copperclaws. Yeap, time fer me to retire and return to a simpler life.

I don't mind one bit the last fight was a one shot.

1,251 to 1,280 of 1,280 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Feral's Eyes of the Ten Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.