DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet

Game Master Almonihah


1 to 50 of 3,016 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

OOC – Lurkers and Players please read:
Lurkers – Please do not post, even "dot" posts in this thread. Use the discussion thread for any questions, comments, etc.
Players – Please try and only use only your characters alias in this thread. I will probably be the first one to forget and use my primary rather than my DM alias, but I'll try.

You arrived in Kaer Maga yesterday evening and after spending the last of your money for a night at an inn, this morning you decided to walk around this strange town before looking for work. Passing by the Temple in the Downmarket area, you see a crowd of people gathering near the front, and you push your way forward into the crowd. What a sight, a troll, dressed in bloody clothes that looks like they have been slit open across the stomach multiple times is holding on to her entrails and screaming aloud. This must be one of the Augurs, a group of troll prophets you have heard about. As you move forward near the front of the crowd, she stares at several of you in turn, a maddened look on her face, and yells, ”Death from Beyond! Holver's Ferry is where the apocalyptic ruin of the world will begin. Strange beings! Sickness, disease, madness. Holver's Ferry will doom us all!” With her prophetic utterance finished she sits down, the strange look on her face passing as she stuffs her entrails back into her body and the wounds start to heal. She ignores the stares and questions from all, as she heads into the Temple. When she leaves and the crowd disperses, you see four others, besides yourself, still standing there looking around.

And so it begins. Introduce yourselves, and I will move the game forward Monday.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit figured Kaer Maga was as good a place as any to supply up. Who knows he might even find a job as a guide to put a little coin in his pocket. He is curious when he sees a large crowd in front of what looks like a temple. Pushing through the crowd, Kit is surprised when he sees a bloody troll. Even more surprising is nobody is making a move to heal the creature. He then remembers hearing a tale long ago about the Kaer Maga Augurs. Kit is standing there wondering what the prophesy will be when she indicates him and several others while delivering a dire warning. As the augur heals and heads into the temple, Kit turns to the others she indicated and says, I thought prophesies were supposed to be about finding a fortune or a good woman-not about the end of the world!


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

Dilwyn's look of perplexed worry gives way to a hearty chuckle at the other man's comment.

"In my own history with prophecy, it's usually doom." He mimics a woman's voice, badly. "If you don't finish your chores, you won't get any dinner. You'll catch cold if you stand out in the rain all day. That boy will always have his head in the clouds." He pauses, mirth fading for a moment as he leans on his walking stick. "Most of them came true, though I wouldn't say any of them were on this large of a scale." He chuckles again, though only lightly this time, and partly forced.


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zaladrel rises and gives thanks to Desna before heading out to the streets. It was the last coin but he was supplied and ready, coming to the place where his intuition and dreams had guided him, an omen from his Goddess to be sure...

Standing as the crowd leaves Zaladrel purses his lips. Prophecy. Supposedly broken in this age. How accurate a thing could it be...but still...the dreams...

Zaladrel notes there are people speaking, that the crowd is all but gone save a handful. Holver's Ferry?

Kno Geo, Where is Holver's Ferry?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Kno Geo, Where is Holver's Ferry?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Not sure that 11 gets me there...if it does its probably only vaguely...

Zaladrel cannot recall specifically. He looks to the others who are speaking, Where is Holver's Ferry?


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Sounds like you and I had the same soothsayer! I meant the 'professional' ones. They usually don't get paid unless the customer's happy. Can't say I'm happy right now! Probably won't put in any coin in the coffers of this temple! Kit says with a laugh. If the world's gonna end, I can think of more fleeting pursuits to spend my money on!

In response to the elf's question, Kit scratches his beard with a thoughtful look. Holver's Ferry...Holver's Ferry He repeats to himself.

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Maybe?


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

A young Varisian man, most remarkable for his being unremarkable, turns away from the spectacle of the Augur. "Quite an unsettling site. One must wonder if this is the sort of depravity one accepts from seers and holy men, that perhaps Aroden's disappearance was but a harbinger for worse things to be visited upon a world deserving of righteous annihilation."

He turns towards the speakers, "be ye doomseekers to wonder at the location of Holver's Ferry? Knowing that some apocalypse from beyond shall be visited upon the world at that location would cause all but the mentally unstable to flee as far as possible from the prophesied location. Yet, you several have the look of those who would seek out the epicenter of the world's destruction, simply so you can have first witness and know you saw it all." He pauses a moment considering his thoughts before continuing, "I don't suppose you would mind if I came along?"


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Holver's Ferry is about a days journey south on the Yondabakari River that empties into Lake Shimmermere


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

"The world is a resilient thing. I'm reluctant to believe in its destruction, prophecy or not. That something terrible is about to happen in Holver's Ferry, though, that I can believe. Perhaps it's crazy to head straight for trouble, but it's definitely crazy to turn down those who could also help. I can't speak for anyone else, but you're welcomed by me." He takes a hand off his walking stick and extends it toward the newest arrival. "I'm Dilwyn. It's a pleasure to meet you all, regardless of the circumstances."


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender gives the proffered hand a skeptical look, and does not take it. "No offense is meant, but if the doom of the world is writ in your fate, I'd rather not touch you and partake for my own part. With that said, if a world shaking event is to occur, either one that immolates all it touches, or one that simply changes the fabric of all time and space, someone should be there to witness it with an unjaundiced eye. I will accompany you, to be that impartial observer, but please do keep your karma stained hands away from my person, lest your ill destined soul mar my perfect neutrality on the subject." He considers if giving his name is likely to change the fate of the world and decides it won't. "Iskender."


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zaladrel consider the exchange and offers, I am Zaladrel.

Looing over the Varisian for a moment more the hedgewitch offers more, It would seem to me that having any reason, observer or agent of assistance, would be a writ of fate. I doubt you are as impartial a player as you hope... The elf offers a tight smile, Sorry about that.

As for me I am here because I believe I was asked to be, in my Lady's subtle way. This is where I am and this is what I have heard so...I suppose it makes sense to go to the next place. Shcoking for sure, a Desnan flitting on the wind as circumstance asks... Zaladrel offers a casual look down the road as though to give some act to the very though of travel. He then simply shrugs.


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender shakes his head, "oh please, like you're the final arbiter on fate? You Desnans are equally split between everything being fate or luck"


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zal winks and offers a "who is to say" type shrug.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

Dilwyn shrugs, returning his outstretched hand to his walking stick with a smile as Zaladriel and Iskender discuss the nature of fate.

Ah, people, he thinks to himself, content to watch without joining in. There just isn't this sort of variety of opinion when you're by yourself.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Hmmm...If it is to be the end of the world, it would be interesting to see how it began. He then gives an exaggerated wink. Just think! It would be a tale to tell to your grand-kids! He then laughs deeply.

By the way, my name is Kit 'Skylark' Bridger. You can call me Kit, you can call me Skylark, but don't call my into an angry dragon's den! Kit then offers his hand to each member of 'the group' shaking hands firmly and vigorously.

So? When do we leave on this shindig? I seem to recall that Hover's Ferry is about a day's travel from here. At least they made the end of the world convenient. Can't say I would travel far to see it. He then pauses for a moment, Ah! Who am I kidding? Of course I would!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender avoids physical contact with Kit as well. "You do know that you won't have grand children should the world end, right?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 44/68 | AC 13 T 9 FF 12 CMD 20 | F +8 R +2 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +8 Scent | Status: Raging, -1 CON

The tall Ulfen girl sees the men talking, keeping her distance.
If these are the companions Gorum sent for her to fight with, she will accept it.
But she doesn't have to like it.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

When Iskender doesn't shake Kit's hand, Kit slaps him on the back with a loud guffaw. He smiles at the man's question, Maybe Erastil will turn me into a cockroach at the last minute and then I can bounce six grand-kids on each knee. I heard cockroaches will survive the end of the world. Whether being turned into a cockroach would be fate or luck, I really can't say!


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

Dilwyn lets Kit shake his hand vigorously before returning it back to his walking stick. It takes a bit of an adjustment to be comfortable around such strong personalities: one so exuberant, one so reserved, and another seemingly similar to himself. But that's not all there is...

He focuses on the rather muscular woman who also remains after the general crowd dispersed. "Are you also interested in seeking out the truth of this prophecy?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 44/68 | AC 13 T 9 FF 12 CMD 20 | F +8 R +2 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +8 Scent | Status: Raging, -1 CON

Hilde nods.


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender wilts under Kit's assault on his back, "gahhh, you have shared your ill fate with me! How now can I be the impartial observer of apocalyptic events?"


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit smiles broadly at Iskender, Just think! Maybe now Erastil will turn you into a cockroach too! We can all be cockroaches together scurrying around what little remains of the world!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"I take no comfort in the thought of that prospect, and yet, I find your playful attitude in the face of annihilation to be refreshing. Will you still be so ebullient if these rumors of the end of the world prove to be true?"


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 44/68 | AC 13 T 9 FF 12 CMD 20 | F +8 R +2 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +8 Scent | Status: Raging, -1 CON

Hilda shakes her head at the nonsense her new companions talk about.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 191d4 ⇒ 4

Coming together, albeit perhaps somewhat reluctantly, as a group, you set off for Holver's Ferry. The first part of the journey takes you thru the Halflight Path. This path leaves from the city of Kaer Maga and travels thru dark tunnels ending up at the base of the cliff, where a river runs south. Looking up you barely see the walls of the city as it backs to the edge of the cliff.

Heading south for a almost a full day travel, and perhaps an hour before the sun sets, you come out of the woods next to a small shack, which squats at the edge of a wide, slow moving river. A dead mule lies in the dirt, its body gashed with multiple wounds and covered in flies. Nearby, a flat-bottomed skiff rests along the north riverbank, grounded beneath a thick rope which spans the water. Across the river, a sign declares the small, lakeside village in the distance to be Holver’s Ferry. Much seems amiss, however, as the settlement appears deserted, and several of its buildings bear signs of having recently burned to the ground with plumes of white smoke still drifting lazily into the sky.

Next?
Overland Map Updated


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 44/68 | AC 13 T 9 FF 12 CMD 20 | F +8 R +2 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +8 Scent | Status: Raging, -1 CON

Hilde frowns at the burnt village. She looks around to see if there is danger, and checks the skiff to make sure it works to cross the river.
Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender surveys the area. "Frankly, I am disappointed. I have heard of far more destruction in villages near the Worldwound. The lack of fire, brimstone, or dragons makes me wonder just what form the ultimate doom shall take. After all, the low level of destruction we can see could easily have been caused by a couple troops of adolescent goblins."

Is there any way we can tell what killed the mule? Blade or beast?


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zaladrel bites his lip thoughtfully at the sight as he listens to Iskender, Disease and hysteria can cause much more mundane damage yet wrack a nation with far more effect...

Zal considers the mule, Maybe I can tell... The elf kneels closer to the mule to see if anything comes to mind...

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Certainly true, but we're not talking about simply wracking a nation. The Augur spoke about the 'apocalyptic ruin of the world' and that it would 'doom us all.' This hardly qualifies."

And yes, Iskender uses "finger quotes" where appropriate in that sentence.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)
Iskender wrote:
"I take no comfort in the thought of that prospect, and yet, I find your playful attitude in the face of annihilation to be refreshing. Will you still be so ebullient if these rumors of the end of the world prove to be true?"

Kit ponders Iskender's question for a few moments. His smile disappears as he says, I spent mush of my youth looking for vengeance until I woke up one morning a realized that I was letting those that wronged me control my life. I determined right then and there that I would control my own life and I will have as much enjoyment out of each day that I can. I could find my end at Holver's Ferry or I can step out into the street right now and be run over by an oxcart, but I guarantee you, either way I go out, it will be with a smile on my face!

At the ferry

Kit surveys the ground by the slain mule looking for tracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

If he finds any, he will do a survival check to see what he can learn.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Any one knows if those augers like to exaggerate?


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

As Zaladrel looks over the mule he can't help but cock his head towards Kit, Since the fall of Aroden, prophecy had been broken at best if not completely torn asunder. For those who try it is said the messages are fractured...unclear. Who knows what their gift entails. Visions? Empathic impressions? Divine whispers? I doubt it anything that we could judge well. When you touch the powers of the cosmos is anything you try to describe not...exaggerated? Zal nods to himself as thoug h that simply "makes sense" and returns to looking over the mule...


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Zaladrel is it? It is most unfortunate that you missed the opportunity for the obvious pun right there. You should have said, 'who knows what their gift entrails' given who, and what, the Augurs are. If we are to go into this end of the world scenario with smiles on our faces as Mr. Bridger suggests, it would be easier if obvious opportunities for silly puns were not passed up so easily. Luckily for Mr. Bridger some mulecart has lost its mule, so that is one hazard he has cleverly avoided for today."


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zal smiles slightly not turning from his work, I'll keep that in mind...


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

Dilwyn surveys the scene before him with quiet unease. He had hoped that if the prophecies weren't outright wrong that there might instead be some chance to intervene. It seems, however, that whatever the troll had been warning about has already started. Hopefully there's something left that can be done.

Not wanting to get drawn into the bickering between the others, and seeing Kit already checking out the area around the dead animal, he instead heads over to the grounded boat after the muscular woman. While she looks over the vessel itself, he looks at the ground around it checking for signs that survivors from the town across the water might have fled this way, or anything else the ground around the boat might show.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)
Zaladrel wrote:
When you touch the powers of the cosmos

I don't think it was the cosmos that troll was touching! Kit chuckles as he leans closer to the ground.

Iskender wrote:
Luckily for Mr. Bridger some mulecart has lost its mule, so that is one hazard he has cleverly avoided for today.

And I'm glad for that, would hate for it to be said that it was a jackass that did me in!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)
Kit 'Skylark' Bridger wrote:
Iskender wrote:
Luckily for Mr. Bridger some mulecart has lost its mule, so that is one hazard he has cleverly avoided for today.
And I'm glad for that, would hate for it to be said that it was a jackass that did me in!

"Your preference is noted."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Initiative:

Dilwyn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Hilde: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Iskender: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Zaladrel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Foe(s): 1d20 ⇒ 17
DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 191d4 ⇒ 2

Having come upon the shack, mule and skiff(A1 on map), you go to check out what happened.

Hilde looks at the skiff. She notices a thick length of rope spans the river, secured to an identical post on either bank. The rope currently lays partially buried under debris on the skiff The skiff itself is wide enough to carry two wagons side by side. Dilwyn determines that tracks in the soft bank near the skiff are perhaps twelve days old, and show about dozen humans left the boat and took off up the path you came down.

Zaladrel, responding to Iskender, determines that the mule was hacked to death by what looks like farm implements, and not swords.

Kit looks at the mule, and finds tracks, and determines that men coming from the path that you followed to this point killed the mule, then headed into the shack. This was about a day or so ago.

As Kit approaches the shack, and makes his observations the door is flung open and six, wild-eyed men emerge from the shack, brandishing blood-stained farm implements and attack.

Kit UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Kit 21 (13/13, 15)
Hilde 20 (15/15, 14)
Zaladrel 18 (9/9, 16
Foe(s) 17
Dilwyn 6 (13/13, 16)
Iskender 5 (8/8, 15)

Kit can attack directly as the men come right out of the shack in front of him. Everyone else has to at least spend a move action to get close enough for melee. Kit, Hilde, Zaladrel go, then I will do the Foe(s), then reshuffle the initiative order so it will then be Dilwyn, Iskender, then the top three again.


Female Human (Ulfen) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 | HP 44/68 | AC 13 T 9 FF 12 CMD 20 | F +8 R +2 W +4 | Init +3 | Perc +8 Scent | Status: Raging, -1 CON

Hilde smiles savagely while she silently charges the madmen, drawing her Greatsword and letting her battle rage fill her up.
Charging, rage round 1/6, -2 AC +2 temp HP
Attack Roll (+2 rage +2 charge): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage Roll (+2 rage): 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 2 = 15


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

What the... Kit says as the mad assailants burst through the door of the shack. Drawing his greataxe, Kit will strike at the one in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Zaladrel frowns standing and presenting his holy symbol the elf causes a field of consecrated energy to affect the area around him...

+1 Luck on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks and saving throws affecting everyone within 20'. Zal will move as much as he can/needs to to affect those in melee.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

Maddened Farmer;+0;+0: 4d20 ⇒ (20, 1, 10, 15) = 464d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3) = 11 - 2 vs Kit AC 15 & 2 vs Hilde AC 12
Maddened Farmer;+0;+0: 1d20 ⇒ 161d6 ⇒ 4 - Threat roll confirmed vs Kit AC 15

Hilde charges the group of men, and obliterates one, while Kit simply uses his greataxe to destroy the man in front of him. Zaladrel moves up closer to Kit and presents his holy symbol as he provides some luck to his new friends.

The four remaining farmers swing their sickles at Kit and Hilde and one connects critically with Kit and one wounds Hilde.

Next?

Dilwyn UP
Init (HP Cur/Max, AC)

Dilwyn 6 (13/13, 16)
Iskender 5 (8/8, 15)
Kit 21 (6/13, 15)
Hilde 20 (12/15, 14)
Zaladrel 18 (9/9, 16
Foe(s) 17

Notice that I finished the Foe(s) actions. Now Dilwyn and Iskender get Round 1 actions and the other three get Round 2 actions, then Foes(s). Remember Dilwyn & Iskender, at least a move action to get into melee range. Also, I took off the damage to Kit and Hilde total HP. You are free to look at the DM Rolls spoilers. Sometimes I don't see to well and screw up a roll, so let me know. Last time I will be so detailed, but this is my "standard" way of doing combat.

Zaladrel, till I get used to SoP could you please add an OOC along the lines of: Sphere / Power / Spell Points Used. In this case it would be: Fate / Serendipity / 0 SP


Male Human Druid 5/MR 1 (HP: 63(9 NL)/63 | AC 15 , T 14, F 13 | F +6, R +4, W +7 | CMB +4; CMD 17 | Init +2 | L.A. 6/6; M.S. 6/7 | Perception +11/ Sense Motive +3 / Survival +10 | Active: call lightning (4/5))

Round 1

Dilwyn, absorbed in the task of following tracks, didn't even notice the attack until the muscular woman started charging. With two of his companions felling some of them with easy strokes he decides this probably isn't worth enchanting his walking stick for this. Taking a few steps closer, he concentrates on his empty hand, building up a small ball of electrical energy before releasing it at the closest one to him and then holding his staff in a readied stance.

move halfway to melee, then shoot a lightning arc

+2 dex, +1 luck, -4 for shooting into melee
lightning arc, touch: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 12
lightning arc damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Round 2

Kit looks at the blood pouring from the huge slash across his chest. You will pay for ruining my shirt! he bellows as he swings his axe at the one that had wounded him so grievously.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unfortunately with his wound, his swing is off and the blade flies over the farmer with a loud Whoosh.


HP 27 AC:19 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+3 R:+4 W:+5 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perception +5 Spell Pool: 3L/1F/1D/1T Climb +1, Diplomacy +7, Heal + 6, K. Arcana, Planes, Local, History, Religion, Planes +7, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +10*, Stealth +10, Swim +1, UMD +10

Absolutely will do DM, SOP is new to me too so I am sure that will be helpful to both of us, lol

Round 2

Zal continues to keep his focus on granting everyone a bit of positive fate and moves to affect the most of his new companions as he can....Easy focus =Move action to maintain, then move action to maneuver. Everyone don't forget you are getting the bonuses (for instance Kit should get +1 to Hit) This continues to be SOP-FATE-SERENDIPITY- 0 SP


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Kit - with the +1 luck, you hit the farmer. They are just wearing clothes and have no dex


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender charges forward, but stops 15' away from the farmers and lashes out to disarm one of the uninjured ones.

Whip To Disarm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 12

"Might I suggest a prisoner or two, so they can tell us what has gone by here?"


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit thought he had missed the farmer, but a fresh wound on the farmer's forehead told him otherwise.

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I'm all for prisoners if they would stop scratching me! he shouts to Iskender.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

@Iskender - I do not understand how you arrived at your disarm numbers.
CMB = Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + special size modifier
CMB = 0 + 2 + 0 + 2 (whip) + 1 (luck) + 2 (improved disarm) = 7
or am I missing something?


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

+2 for charge?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Both Bull Rush & Overrun specifically mention that they can be part of a charge. The others do not say that they are part of a charge, so I will not allow it. Sorry.


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

No problem.

1 to 50 of 3,016 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.