DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


2,251 to 2,300 of 4,059 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Since they don't have a lot of time to waste exploring, and don't want to find trouble they can avoid, Ro takes a look around the room to see if she can find any signs of repeated travel pointing them in the right direction. She looks for footprints in any dust on the floor, a door or doors that show signs of greater use than the others, and so forth.

Pereption: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

This place is not dusty, it's filthy, the dirt here makes regular dirt seem clean by comparison.

To the southern doors Ro sees much greater foot traffic of little feet, bare little feet and even smaller bare little feet.

To the north, much larger booted feet though some of the footprints are of the smaller shod variety.

Survival DC 14:
Pretty sure the smaller feet belong to Goblin children.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Karmid points to the prints with his hammer's massive head.

"Ro? Got some goblin grub prints there. Young ones from the looks of it."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Not that way then. Any other tracks? We agreed to leave the littles alone."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim shakes his head, “Its never good to go after the young.“ Matrim starts to head the other way.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

"The real question, Karmid, is whether a deal with goblins will be upheld. They're not the best at remembering. If we should get out of this and not be backstabbed, it will be a pleasant surprise." Edgar smiles at the thought, but again it was not his great concern at the time. Leave worries of escape until that time, first you have to go kill the evil thing terrorizing the town.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Oh...look at the tiny feet. Like cute demonic babies. I wonder if I will ever have babies.", Lia muses, placing one hand on her belly as she is following others to the northern door, "What do you think, Ro?"


"Goblins respect strenght, if not deals. Technically, by slaying their current leadership, you could formally claim the title of chieftain in many of the tribes. Chances are they will be glad for us to be gone, rather than rally against us - as insidious creatures as they are, it took an outside force to cause the raid on Sandpoint - they are happily minding their own business, most of the time - whatever happy means to them...", Flutter gives his opinion, referencing the weird sounds of the distraction.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid breaks into a troubled sweat thinking about hurting goblin children...then nods.

"We need to stick to the deal I think. If nothing else, the goblin's plan helps HIM increase his influence here. You can always count on a goblin's greediness and cowardice I say. Doing this mission with the goblin's help, gives him a lot more here for very little effort on his part. That's a win-win in goblin speak if we take our Nualia and her cronies."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"The larger prints with boots all go to the north door, so that's our direction" Ro says as she looks at the floor.

"Don't forget our little agreement covers all goblins. There' a problem there since the deal isn't known to any of them except Gugmurt, and he isn't spreading the word. Best we avoid goblins entirely if we can. Our deal's a mouthful to explain to the heat of the moment. Don't seeing it working out."

Ro answers Lia distractedly. "Most women do I suppose. It's up to you. How about we save that question until back in town?"

She does file the question mentally, wondering if it's time to have a talk with Lia. Ro has learned to never count on Lia knowing or not knowing anything in particular. It's entirely possible for her to know of in detail all 64 of Calistria's sacred positions and not have any correct ideas about where babies come from.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar is happy to stick with the deal. He won't be the first to break it. And he isn't into killing children, even goblin ones.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili glances at Lia as she asks her question of Ro. "Are you sweet on anyone Lia?"

She is very careful not to look anywhere near Kharmid as she speaks with Lia.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"We leave the little ones alone as part of the deal made. If any of attempt to harm them, I'll stand against you even though I'll be happy to kill any and all goblins. We have much much bigger worries to handle like this supposedly dead friend of yours..." Drasven is keen to leave now.

"A doppelganger, a force of goblins, a bugbear and some other hired help she has. This Nualia sure is something...."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Haha...I mostly asked Rojava as an inside joke since you run the game in this worlds future so would have, theoretically, insight knowledge - but I find the idea amusing enough to roll with it - chances are nobody ever felt quite comfortable with the idea to have 'the talk' with her.
Lia meant to respond to Rojava, then gets distracted by Jili. Standing still, she raises a finger up to her lip, looking at the ceiling in concentrated thought as if trying to remember something:"I think Aldern may be sweet on me? I'm not sure if I am sweet on someone. I'll ask Kira when we get back!"


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

As Matrim opens the northern door, the hallway is in no way illuminated. The torches show 20' of stone floor, this side is not filthy, perhaps the Goblins are not allowed to go this way any longer with the arrival of Nualia?

Marching Order?

Darkvision:
The hallway runs 40' to the north and appears to open up at that point but into what is not clear.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar casts dancing lights for those without darkvision, himself included. "I can move them about if those who can see in the dark wish to scout ahead." In the light he notes the oddly clean floors compared to the rest of this place.

since he's a ranged character, he can stick near the back in the marching order


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

I'm a ranged something too. :P


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Me thinks something ate my post from yesterday!

Karmid moves to be the first going into anywhere. his senses on keen alert for ambushes or other dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim will be somewhere near the front. Not in the front though.

I wish I could see in the dark, but i'll have to leave the scouting to other people this time...


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

With the dancing lights illuminating the way ahead, the Godtouched proceed forward.

Marching Order: Karmid, Ro, Edgar, Matrim, Uldar, Lia, Drasven, Jiliana.

With the lights giving the group a good look at the dungeon, it is clear there are three choices, the first a pair of double doors to the west, the second continue up the north hallway which ends in a door 20' away, and the third, check the east hall which continues past the light the spell currently reveals to Karmid and Ro's perspective.

Perception DC 15 - West:
You see faint light from under the door and a few hushed voices in debate.

Perception DC 15 - North:
You hear and see nothing coming from this direction.

Perception DC 15 - East:
You feel a breeze coming from this direction and the sound of gently lapping waves.

---

DMD ONLY:
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Perception West: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception North: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Perception East: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

She points to the west. "People talking. Debating. Do goblins debate?"


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Take 10 for perception, total 17.

Martin hears the people talking and tries to listen harder to what they are saying.

active perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He isn’t able to make out more than the mumbles.

”I don’t know what they are talking about, there are waves that way. he points to the east.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

"Heading to the waves probably is the tunnel to the sea. Might make for a handy escape tunnel if things go sour. What were the directions from the gobbo shaman?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid racks his brain...

Intelligence(memory): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

"He said: 'You waits here, I makes distraction. Then you goes to door with stairs down though door. It uh, it uh...Next to double door?'"


Shadow's Status

The Druid asked you not to slay the Goblins you found on this level but did not provide directions per se. He did mention that Nualia was located below this level so you probably want to seek the stairs heading down.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava whispers as she explains her thinking at the moment.

"If the east branch takes us to an opening, it's good to know. But we're very high up above the water still. It would have to be very desperate to try getting out that way. A jump from way up, and a swim without any beach we know of. Just cliffs."

"We didn't get any directions past the staircase down from the goblin. He said they weren't allowed down here much. He did mention Nualia as being farther down, a sub-level below this one. If that's true, we should keep away from anyone here and look for more stairs down. That means our way is north, until we know better at least."

Perception (West): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Perception (North): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Perception (East): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Perception - West 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception - North 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Perception - East 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Edited: Sweatdrops.......

"I can't hear a blasted thing, must be really getting old. Since we're made a deal. Could one of you locked the door or jammed it so that they won't interfere and get killed?" Drasven asks as he lightly slaps his head.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Why not? At least lock a couple of them." JIli suggests. "Let's look for the stairs down."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim moves to the door and tries to disable them from opening.

DD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
"The sea, hu? We should take a look. Maybe there's a way outside that goes downstairs?"
Lia is simply curious to see what it looks like and the sea. But rationally, there may be a way down, or a small climb to another exit/entrance lower. The chance of Gobbos being out in the Sun is also lower than that we run into them inside, and there likely won't be guards since it's inside the keep. Taking a look won't hurt, right? ;)


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

With the doors wedged closed, whoever's in there will know something's up even if we're well gone by the time they do. On the other hand, they can't leave and bump into us at a bad time. On the other hand, they won't stay trapped in there forever and we'll be giving up any chance they won't be alert for someone when we come back this way later... Screw it.

Ro tries to reason through what to do, but can't see any clear best course of action. She nods affirmatively at Karmid's idea and tries to help Matrim jam the doors.

Disable Device (Aid Another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

The Godtouched jam the double doors, or at least Matrim is fairly confident they won't be easily opened and the group heads north reasoning that outside, as curious as Lia is about it, is probably not where Nualia is dwelling.

This area seems to be considered a sanctum as the doors are not locked nor trapped. As Karmid opens the door he is surprised at what he finds within, the lower four feet of the walls in this empty room are covered with crude drawings in mud, blood, and paint.

Most of the drawings show goblins engaged in some sort of violence against humans, horses, or dogs. One picture on the north wall is at least three times the size and complexity of the other scrawlings. This image shows Thistletop from the side, the goblin stockade perched atop it like a crown. A cave has been drawn into the center of the image, and looming inside is what appears to be an immense, muscular goblin with snakelike eyes and a dogslicer in each taloned hand. If the scale compared to the rest of the drawing is to be believed, this goblin must be at least thirty feet tall.

Forging ahead through an alcove is yet another room with a large table surrounded by chairs giving little room to stand around. A slate board to the north is covered with scribblings in chalk, but the map of Sandpoint that has been carefully inscribed on it leaves no doubt as to the purpose of this room—this is doubtless where the recent raid was planned.

More importantly though is the set of stairs to the east that leads down through an open door, a faint smell of incense wafts up from this area. The door to the west though is locked.

Marching Order: Karmid, Ro, Edgar, Matrim, Uldar, Lia, Jiliana, Drasven.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid points to the locked door and whispers.

"Matrim, can you check that door?"

He then points at the scribbles on the wall.

"Bugbears are bigger than goblins...there is supposed to be one down here too, right? Think that's supposed to be him? That's a really big bugbear if it is."

He then moves to look down the open stairs carefully, his hammer at the ready.

"Incense. That sounds...smells...like Nualia. Right Ro?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim mutters to himself. “Im a rogue, not a thief..“ he moves to the door and tries to unlock it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Hmm, can giants breed with goblins? My, that would be an interesting, short-lived, and likely bloody, tryst.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Eternally glad that he can not read Uldar's mind, Edgar marches along in near-silence, aside from the clanging of metal armor.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia approaches the slate board, subtle changing some details about the map inscribed on it.
Such as removing a wall leading to a dead end, making an area seem passable that is not - or, if there is chalk available, adding new ones. Generally, mess up the strategic value of the map by altering a few details without being obvious about it.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven takes note of the drawings and the weapons the wielded. A brief study would tell him teh best place to let a loose a bolt. If it ends such a creature faster, the better.
He was sure that Bug bears don't grow that big though...perhaps because the goblins were smaller and thus looked up with a larger then usual scale?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava pauses for a moment to look at the drawings. "Isn't Nualia here to release something? Hopefully goblins have big imaginations."

At the stairs she nods to Karmid. "Looks like what we're searching for. Down we go" she says with apprehension.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Nodding without looking at her, Karmid begins sneaking downward slowly.

Stealth w/Armor: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili follows along as quietly as she can. She points to the East.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar clanks along as stealthily as he can manage, which isn't particularly stealthy.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

CLANG BONG THUD Edgar looks somewhat sheepish at his attempts as they are trying to be quiet.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim shrugs, ”If you can’t be sneaky, come in style.” he looks around for a bard. ”Lets song a song” he suggests.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Um, no, let's not do that right now." Ro says quickly. "We don't know for sure we've been heard. Lady Luck's been keeping things smooth for us so far. No reason to doubt her bounty just yet. Don't want to give the creeps down here a freebie."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

As much as he enjoys singing and playing, Ulric shakes his head. He whispers, "It's one thing to push your luck. It's another to be suicidal."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sighing audibly, Karmid turns back to the others.

"Can we TRY and be quiet? I know I'm not always the sneakiest one around here, but...basics people? You know...Dungeon? Unknown bad guys or monsters nearby? Danger?"

He then turns and proceeds again.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

As Karmid and Edgar begin to head down the stairs, Matrim unlocks the far door.

A large wooden worktable sits in the middle of this room, its surface cluttered with scrolls, books, stone tablets covered with dense, spiky runes, and fragments of carvings that appear to have been chipped off of statues or bas-reliefs. To the north, a floor-to-ceiling set of wooden shelves sags with picks, shovels, brushes, lanterns, and other equipment one might expect to see at an archaeological site.

DMD ONLY:

Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Lia Tani 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Matrim of Shadows 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"What's inside Matrim?"

Ro does want to keep moving quickly, but since Matrim has the door open it seems silly to ignore the room. She takes a quick look around inside it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim cracks the door open, just an inch to look inside.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

“As far as I can tell, its a room.`


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili too pokes her head into the room. "Looks like a bunch of junk, but there might be something interesting in there."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

2,251 to 2,300 of 4,059 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.