DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


2,101 to 2,150 of 3,936 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"I think if we manage to get across without being spotted, you and Matrim should pretend that we didn't fix the bridge. Make it look like it's still rigged to fall." Lia looks down the cliff, then continues: "I think I would prefer if the bridge was not cut behind us."
-1 on Climb. She simply lacks the strenght to hold her weight. Suggesting Disable Device to make it seem rigged.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"That is a good plan. Ms Rojavo. Short and simple though if we can deal a crippling blow to these goblins, it'll be good." Drasven muses as he considers the bridge.

Profession (Enginner)/(Carpenter)/(Bridge Builder) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
"Over my years of travel, I have picked up a few trade skills and maybe I could help with our bridge problem."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

don't forget the butterfly's roll, too


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim watches Drasven try and fix the bridge. ”do you think that fixed it? Guess I’ll take a look at it and see what I can do.”

d.d.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - A Long Way Down

Flutter can see that the bridge is rigged at the far side, a few knots to untie and poof, half the bridge is dangling. The good news, Drasven can probably fix it. The bad news, you all have to get there first. The worst news, even if he fixes it, Ro is right, it's a rope bridge, access can be cut off with ease.

Ro and Karmid, give me stealth checks with a -10 to your checks, after all, you are crossing an open bridge with zero cover.

I live!

DMD ONLY:
Goblin Sentry Perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

With a nod to Karmid, Ro starts across the bridge. She can only stay low and minimize extra movements while concentrating on being silent. Hopefully that way they won't catch her at a glance or hear her.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 10 = 17


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Stealth w/armor: 1d20 + 8 - 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 10 - 2 = -3

ON this important roll...spending my new 3rd level Hero point here for a re-roll...

Stealth w/armor: 1d20 + 8 - 10 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 10 - 2 = 1

Knowing that Jiliana is watching, Karmid rubs his chin and tries to 'look' like he's being stealthy...and catches his foot on a warped board once he's out in the open, nearly falling on his face...


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar would remind his friend Jiliana that he can understand her at times of great stress as well, though if she prefers to not speak during such times it's just as well for her sanity. He sees the ranger on the bridge, who is still doing a sight better than Edgar could, and hopes they don't have anyone watching.


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop - A Long Way Down

Godtouched indeed, despite Karmid's disastrous crossing he and Ro manage not to catch the eye of the Goblin sentry, standing upon the roof overlooking the two double doors as he never turns around!

Safely against the wall of the Keep, Ro and Karmid have crossed.

The rest of their companions watch astounded that Karmid's blunder did not cost the group.

Almost as astounded as the DM is.

Who's next or will Ro and Karmid attempt to take care of that Sentry (there may be more you cannot see up there) first.

DMD ONLY:
Perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven whispers a few words of encouragment to the next one to try.
"Worry not youngling, you can easily go on across the bridge. It'll hold."

Hope this helps the next person.

Inspiring Word (minor):

At 1st level, you can speak a few words to a creature within 30 feet that fill them with inspiration. You can grant that creature a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, or saving throws (your choice). This effect lasts for 1 minute.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar almost unleashed an arrow at a goblin sentry when Karmid stumbled... but he never turned toward them. Hmm, perhaps he's asleep. Lucky us!


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar only trusts his ability to give them away. "I can't cross that without alerting them, I'm not quiet at all."


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Windsight grins at Uldar, "That'd be a hell of a shot. Makes sense Edgar, me and Gwydd will wait here until all of you cross but then we're gonna have to get a move on, the two of us carrying a prisoner would make for a bad fight especially when only one of us will draw weapons.

Maybe Lia and Uldar next followed by Jiliana and Matrim? Then the six of you neutralize the Goblins on the roof so Edgar and Drasven can cross without hassle. If you are not quite in that fight then we can all rush over but if you can get access to the roof then me and Gwydd will head out".

Lia and Uldar roll stealth! Once those actions are resolved, the Juliana and Matrim. Unles of course Ro and Karmid want to try to climb and take the fight to that lone Goblin sentry...


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim cringes as the Ranger makes “sneaky sneaky” sounds as he crosses the bridge. In a low voice, matrim says to those around him. ”Who taught him how to sneak?”


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili thanks Edgar for the reminder, and then she winces as Karmid makes a lot of noise crossing the bridge.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Maybe switch out Ulder for Edgar and still have Matrim come across next? I'd like to have his backstabbiness on hand if we have a chance of taking out the guards and crossing undetected. I came up with the original crossing schedule just assuming we'd be quickly found out, and there would be a fight for control of the bridge. But if we can avoid that we certainly should!


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 10 = 6
Lia moves over the bridge swiftly, trusting the Goblin Guard to still be distracted.


How far away is the sentry? Flutter would like to move close, and ready an action to distract him if it looks like he's about to spot someone on the bridge...(but due to Figment, Flutter can only move 100 feet away from Lia...)
Also, Flutter is tiny(size bonus to stealth), can fly below the bridge(for cover) and take 10 - his result will default to something significantly better than Lia, but he should make it over the bridge, too.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

"Let me go next." Matrim says as he watches Lia cross the bridge.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 - 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 10 + 2 = 9

I have to agree. Have me where the damage would be needed.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid is up for anything here. Just let me know when and what you want him to do. I actually have a decent climb skill. How high is the climb?


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

As soon as his turn comes, Uldar prepares himself. Ooo, I best call for a little extra luck, he thinks as he uses a blessing on himself. using bit of luck, roll twice and choice of best d20 rolls for 1 round
stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 10 = -3
stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 10 = 0
and it didn't freaking help...wow
Small though he is, Uldar is used to drawing attention to himself, not this sneaking around thing. Still when duty calls...
Alas, the smell of the goblin enclosure was more than his sensitive nose was expecting, and he sneezed halfway across. Well, gobshites, he thinks, raising his bow.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro remains close up against the fort wall as she watches her friends' crossings begin. She winces a couple of times, and begins to realize their luck is going to run out before everyone is across. Unless we do something to change our luck.

She leans in close to Karmid and whispers. "We know where the closest lookout up there is at now. Think you can get up there and take him down? I'll see if I can get an angle to take a shot without exposing myself too much."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Ermm If it helps, Drasven will use Inspiring words on each of you crossing..It'll grant you a +2......It'll last a minute


Shadow's Status

The Path to Thistletop

Lia is about as quiet as Karmid was crossing the bridge though Matrim glides rather smoothly across. It's as if the damn Goblin is asleep, he still does not turn around!

Uldar and Juliana pause as the next set of two reach the front gates unseen. Windsight's eyes are bulging he can't believe the luck has held out for so long while Gwydd mouths silent prayers to Shelyn for Luck.[/ooc]

---

Karmid and Ro ONLY - Perception DC 15:
The Goblins are up there chatting among themselves, sounds as if there are at least four maybe more.

Successful Perception check AND you Speak Goblin K and R ONLY:
The Goblins are playing dice!

---

Karmid, these walls are 20' high and mostly sheer with some handholds as time and the ocean has weathered this Keep with little upkeep - Climb DC 21. The area to the left or the right the trees are fairly thick and they could be used to assist in scaling the wall but doing so will shake the tree and may alert the Goblins to activity. Climb DC 15 BUT Goblin gets a Perception check.

---

The squares represent 5' so as Lia crosses, Figment could distract the Goblin although that might also make him curious so for now I will assume that action wa snot taken.

Uldar and Juliana crossing will be on pause as the four across now may do something before the two of you decide to cross. All rolls already made will hold though.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop Map Updated.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Hey, Karmid was at a 1 with his re-roll, I was at a 6 with mine, much closer to Matrims 9...with my thin female frame I couldn't make as much ruckus as Karmid if I tried! Just saying.
@Flutter: He would just ready an action. e.g. silently observe the guard, and if he stops doing whatever is distracting him from his duty, and about to take a look at the bridge, would do something to draw his attention elsewhere - I figure it's better he knows nothing and is on alert over having seen us and raising an alarm.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

I copied Uldar Unstown and my avatar for the map. Don't know who to remove.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

I don't know Goblin...but I do have a point in the Linguistics skill!

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Not that it matter much here...

Whispering as best he can, Karmid quickly divests himself of anything heavy, including his pack, armor, and major weapons leaving only a dagger in his hand and his rope wrapped and tied around his torso.

"I think there is more than one...at least...maybe three goblins talking. Cover me as best you can while I climb, and I'll drop my rope once its safe..."

Karmid then places the dagger in his mouth and turns to the wall.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

NICE! Glad I divested the armor! What's next? Can I get a glimpse of the goblins and what they are doing?


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili starts across getting more nervous as she goes. She's not at all stealthy as she heads over. She winces as she trips over things. That goblin must be deaf to not notice us.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven checks to see who else is left....
Once it's clear it's his turn to attempt the crossing, he mutters a prayer and then slowly makes his way over the bridge.
Stealth, guidance 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Each step he takes, he wonders if the goblin has noticed but he stays calm and manages to make each step as precise as he can.....


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

When Ro sees what Karmid has in mind, she gives him an affirmative nod. But with multiple goblins up there, the chances of him silencing all of them quickly enough aren't good.

"Matrim, I'm going up with Karmid. Once we're in place, come up by way of that tree as fast as you can. If they've noticed us by then, they'll be looking our way and you can get the drop on them from behind."

Climb: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 = 24


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Karmid and Ro climb at the same moment that Jiliana and Uldar attempt to cross the bridge.

DMD ONLY:
Perception 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 Sentry.
Gamers to Notice Ro and Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The Sentry on the roof, miraculously, yet again fails to turn at the clumsy approach the next two party members.

As Karmid and Ro peer up over teh roof, they see three other Goblins all seated playing dice, one looks over to pick up the dice and sees Karmid and Ro, "Yummy in my tummy lunch!"

Ro and Karmid - You are both peering over the edge of the roof which is flat and in surprisingly good shape in this part of the Keep. It will be a full round action to Climb over onto the roof OR you can make an Acrobatics check DC 20 to flip over with a move action, if you fail that by more than 5, you'll slip and fall taking some damage.

Initiative:

Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Edgar Gidolb 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Jiliana Dalca 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Uldar 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Matrim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Goblins 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Round 1 -
Goblins!
The GodTouched.

The three seated Goblins stand up and throw daggers at Ro and Karmid while the Sentry draws his dogslicer and charges at Karmid.

DMD ONLY:

Sentry vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 4
Goblin 1 vs. Karmid 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 - Daggers 1d4 ⇒ 2
Goblin 2 vs. Ro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 - Daggers 1d4 ⇒ 1
Goblin 3 vs. Ro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 - Daggers 1d4 ⇒ 4

Karmid's hand is sliced by the Sentry and his ear gets nicked by a thrown dagger. 6 damage for Karmid

Ro's foes are not as accurate in their throws and despite her precarious position, is not struck by the Goblins' opening salvo.

PCs are up!
1. Matrim and Lia will need to Climb, that will be a full round action.
2. Jiliana and Uldar need to finish crossing the bridge.
3. Edgar and Drasven will need to delay until Jiliana and Uldar are across unless they want to risk crossing the bridge which has held up thus far.
4. All squares are 5'.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven delays.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro flips up into the guard tower, grabs the dagger from her mouth, and takes a swipe at the closest goblin.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

Swift action to activate Archaeologist's Luck, Move action to enter tower, Standard action to attack.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim starts to climb. "This wasn't in the job description"

climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Is that guidance from the stealth still active? if so +2


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar also delays, not wanting to place his extreme weight on a flimsy bridge.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid climbs more carefully onto the roof then expands to his ogre size as he grabs his dagger from his mouth!

"Goblin slicing and squashing time."

Note: My reach is now 10 feet for AoOs!


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Matrim reaches the roof unseen as the Goblins are busy with Ro and Karmid.

Lia 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 barely manages to climb the tree but she is on the roof next to Matrim just the same.

Ro's acrobatic jump is followed up by a less than stellar poke with her dagger as she misses the Goblin. Karmid climbs and rises to his full height grinning.

The Goblins' eyes go wide, "Food for days!" they exclaim excitedly.

Jiliana and Uldar meanwhile are able to cross the bridge with no further impediments as Edgar and Drasven hold.

Round 2 -
Goblins!
The GodTouched.

Despite their role as sentries, the Goblins are too excited by battle ardor to head to the stairs and alert the rest of the Keep, they want these tasty humans all to themselves!

DMD ONLY:

Sentry vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 2
Goblin 1 vs. Karmid - Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 6
Goblin 2 vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 2
Goblin 3 vs. Ro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Sentry cannot get past Karmid's defenses while the second rolls into Karmid to avoid his heavy attacks. He fails - you get an AoO before I resolve his Attack Karmid.

As Ro has seen before, the Goblins attempt to flank her with the first the feint and the second the true attacker, true to form, the second one does strike! Ro takes 6 damage!

The PC's are up!
Drasven and Edgar can now safely cross as full round actions.
Jiliana and Uldar should probably climb the tree to gain access to the roof - Climb DC 15 and can do so without be threatened as the Goblins are distracted.
Matrim and Lia will catch the Goblins flat-footed.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Large Dagger (AoO W/ +2 Trait bonus for one AoO/day: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Damage(Large Dagger): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Possible Crit?
Large Dagger (AoO W/ +2 Trait bonus for one AoO/day: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
Damage(Large Dagger): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

climb: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15
Although not the strongest climber, Uldar is a fairly athletic sort, like many halflings. It's all about knowing where to put your hands and feet... he hopes.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim draws his daggers while he moves up on the closest goblin. I don`t see the map... which one is it? and quickly stabs him with one of the two blades.

attack and damage:

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
sneak attack: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 6) = 14


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven beckons Edgar to cross first as his legs are shorter and will likely take longer.

He holds his ground.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro shifts her dagger to her other hand and draws her sword while trying to sidestep the goblins to get out from between them. She takes a swing at one when there's an opportunity.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 13

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 11

Also I forgot to squeeze that CLW spell out of Gwydd. Rolled below.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar does begin crossing, though with his armor he's not any faster than Drasven.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili tries to climb the tree to get to the battle. She doesn't make it and will try again when given the chance.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

The Goblin rolls right into Karmid's weapon and ceases moving it's intended attack aimed at Karmid's inner thigh never lands.

Uldar is able to negotiate the climb through the trees though Jil is stymied when a tree branch snaps and she slides back down, luckily on her feet.

Edgar and Drasven are nearly across despite their hampered speed.

The Goblin flanking Ro is brought low by the sneak attack of Matrim.

It is only then that the Goblins realize they've been tricked! Those miserable humans!

Ro's stab misses as the Goblin evades. It begins screaming, "Intruders! Intruders!" So shaken by the turn of events that it fails to grasp the horn on its belt and blow, the signal that alerts his fellows to trouble after all this poor bastard has been yelling Intruders all day whenever he lost a game so it's unlikely anyone will come running now...

Round 3 -
Goblins!
The GodTouched.

Despite overwhelming odds the little bastards fight to the bitter end.

DMD:
Sentry vs. Karmid 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 1
Goblin 2 vs. Ro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 - Dogslicer 1d6 ⇒ 2

Neither of their wild strikes land on Karmid or Ro...

PCs UP!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Gritting his teeth so he doesn't yell out in anger, Karmid remains big. Using his last round of Enlarge as a swift action, he quickly swings at the yelling goblin with his improved reach.

LARGE Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crit?
LARGE Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

AoO if it comes up!:
LARGE Dagger(2-Handed): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit?
LARGE Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Since we're trying to be sneaky here, Uldar holds in his performance abilities. It's just not like him not to show-off, just a little. But with practiced ease and speed, he whips out his bow and takes a shot at the remaining goblin.
bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
The arrow pierces the poor little goblin just below his right collar-bone. "Well, it's not quite as effective as the goblin shish kebob that Karmid just made, but 'twill have to do," he says with a smile.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili tries to climb again. She makes it up this time, and looks around to see if anyone else needs killing.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim takes a 5-foot step to be flanking a goblin before attacking with double daggers.

2 Daggers: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
2 Daggers: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

Realizing that he's not hitting what he should be hitting, Matrim wipes off the sweat from his eyes. "Oh, there you are."

2,101 to 2,150 of 3,936 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.