DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,940 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar will follow, holding up a small prism to his eye.
casting detect magic, at the stuff on the table


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"..."
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
"You think they have monsters here, Karmid?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid replies without looking at Lia.

"Undoubtedly Lia. This part of the fort...or whatever it is...was NOT built by goblins. That probably means something from ancient Thassilon, or similar. And that means monsters, traps, and...undead?...most likely. You guys check out that room carefully. I will watch down this way."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"That sounds exciting. But wouldn't the traps all have been set off by the goblins, meanwhile?", Lia keeps the conversation going.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Word has it" says Ro, referring to the goblin they struck the deal with, "that goblins weren't allowed to mess around down here much. So I'll guess we'll just have to see for ourselves."


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

Jiliana notices a secret door on the far side of the small room!

---

Dungeon Level 2

Karmid does not see or hear anything coming up the stairs towards him.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili points to the secret door.

Celestial:
"There is secret door. Might be worth checking it out."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

"Good eye, Jill," Uldar says with a wink.

@Shadow: did anything on the table detect as magic?


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim looks around to see if he can find any hidden departments in the walls and any traps in either room.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Perception 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

Nothing in the room detects as magical though the items may have value to historians.

Matrim finds no other hidden crannies besides the secret door that Jiliana noticed.

Who if any of you want to explore that door?

Karmid, do you remain on the stairs heading down?


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Though nothing on the table seems magical, that doesn't mean it isn't useful. He starts flipping through some of the material to try to get a feel for it. he only reads common and halfling, but there might be useful diagrams/drawings
"Make sure to check that door for traps. You never can tell with gobbos." Anything he doesn't have time to read/examine he'll try to sweep into his pack.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Yes. I will stay to watch down the stairs for now unless one of the others summons me away. I will stay near the corner while I watch to maintain some basic cover from anyone coming up the stairs. Want a perception check again? Or stealth?


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili waves for Edgar to check the door.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro helps herself to a few things in the room as well. Trying to choose things that look valuable and might be easy to sell in a shop back in town.

When Jili points out the secret door, Ro goes to give it a close look for traps and such before anyone tries to open it.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Oh, that's free to take?", Lia inquires in a whisper, picking up the most interesting and exotic item she can find on the table before Uldar can sweep it off.
Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Not for value, just to confirm whatever she picks is genuinely exotic and not some cheap (local) reproduction.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar opens the door, shield readied in case something beyond should prove hostile. Once Ro checks it for traps, of course.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim will keep watch and hope to find any traps or hidden doors.
''If its not nailed down, it's free to take.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1

Ro checks and confirms the secret door has no traps, she triggers the opening mechanism and Edgar pushes the door in. A set of stairs leads down into darkness...

OK, two sets of stairs. Take one set or does the gang split up?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'm usually up for anything, but splitting up IS NOT one I'm usually down for. Let's check the secret staircase first IMHO. Then we can come back here later...I'm just assuming we can/will of course.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro looks very carefully at the steps to see if there are any signs of recent use (footprints, disturbed dust, etc.)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Seeing Rojava look around for prints, Matrim tries to help.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

"Ooo, secret stairs. Looks quite promising," Uldar says.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili nods as people start heading toward the secret door.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Hum....maybe they decided to hide the stairs because they are dangerous...so nobody uses them by accident?", Lia wonders, concerned about the safety of the person first in line to head down.


Hovering in front of the entrance, Flutter adds: "Lia has a point - in that if there are active traps - new or old - in this complex, then this would be a prime spot for placement. Someone knowledgeable about these mechanisms and able to scan for magical auras should take point, rather than the sturdiest warrior...at least until we reach the end of this pathway."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid snickers.

"I won't complain right now: Someone more magical can take point for the 'secret stairs'."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro nods. "Sure."

She pronounces a quick cantrip, "näytäitsesi" and begins down the stairs. Sher looks carefully for signs of magic as well as for mechanical traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 1 to Level 2 via Secret Stairs

Matrim and Ro discover that these stairs are lightly trafficked and there is no trap to be seen.

The stairs lead down a dark stairwell to yet another door. From beneath this door can be seen some light with a slight flicker, perhaps torchlight?

This door is neither locked nor trapped. No sound can be heard from the other side. The air in here is dry but the temperature is still comfortable.

Explore the other stairs or open this door?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Open it.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Seconded.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili mimes opening the door.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro looks back from those behind her to the door.

We can't just keep skulking around forever. We should be all the way down now.

She sucks in a deep breath and tenses, as if preparing for a blow that is about to connect, then opens the door.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Martim draws his weapons, just encase something happens. Then walks through the open door somewhat stealthy.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Good point Matrim!"

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 = 13


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

The door is opened as quietly as it can be, the hinges are either well made or well maintained as the door opens slowly and without any noise at all.

Two pillars support the ceiling in here. In many places the stone walls, floor, and ceiling are caked with ancient grime and soot. Alcoves in the north and south walls (two in each wall) contain partially damaged statues of a man in robes clutching a book and a glaive. The entire room is canted toward the west, and whatever ancient upheaval caused the complex to tilt knocked the statues from their bases so that now they lean against the western walls of their alcoves. Room is 30' wide and 15' deep.

To the west is a closed door, perhaps the same door that leads to the other staircase up?

At the east end of the room is yet another closed door.

This room is lit by torches on the north and south walls. You still hear no sounds down here.

Will get a map of this level up soon.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Creepy. Uldar suppresses a shudder. "Someone's been here to light those torches," he whispers.
Well, unless they're magic. He casts a detect magic cantrip just to be sure, and to see if anything else is magic within the room.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia tiptoes over to one of the torches and stares at the flame.
It was burning. It needed air.
They were still breathing. So air needed to come in somewhere.
Even some flickering could hint towards the source - and the other door, then, was likely to lead deeper into the complex.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Basically trying to pinpoint a source of fresh air, then decide the other door is where we want to go.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili follows the others into the room. She studies the statues. Do they look familiar?

KNow?: 1d20 ⇒ 6 +5 History, +6 Local +4 Religion


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro tries to figure out the same thing as Lia, but in a different way. Thinking back to the directional orientation and sizes of the rooms on the level above and other staircase, she tries pacing off in the direction of the other staircase to see if it leads to one of the doors.

If she finds one matching her guesstimate, she will look it over for traps and open it to confirm. One less potential surprise would be welcome.

K Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Perception (traps): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23


Shadow's Status

Dungeon Level 2


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Uldar confirms that the torches are indeed real fire.

Lia can feel a breeze coming from under the eastern door.

Ro checks the western door and finds it unlocked as she opens it she confirms that this is indeed the other stairwell.

The statues are so broken that Jil simply cannot identify them.

Ro Perception DC 22:
"Well someone locked us in that room!" a male booming voice not quite Human. "The Goblins!" a male voice but not quite so gutteral.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Ah, map helps---

Lia wordlessly steps back and points at the door.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Moving to flank the indicated door, Karmid hefts his giant hammer to make ready.

Stealth w/Armor: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro closes the door and turns back around.

"Yeah, that goes to the stairs on the other side." She starts walking across to the remaining door to give it a look.


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar carefully points his bow toward the door, just in case anyone decides to suddenly pop out. Hey, ya never know.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim is cleaning his fingernails with a spare dagger.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

“So, whats the plan?“


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

Edgar looks at the door, and everyone preparing. He saunters up to it, and readies to open it with a look to the adjacent Karmid.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Okay I'm confused. Was that perception check meant for me and anyone who rolled 22, or me if I rolled 22?


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

@Ro: you were checking the door, you rolled a 23 with the +1 bonus for traps, but there was no trap, so the 22 was your perception

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,940 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.