DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2: SWORD OF VALOR

Game Master Camris

SECTION 3: THE SIEGE OF DREZEN
After arriving in Drezen, the heroes lead their army against the demons and cultists arrayed in the city, ultimately laying siege to Citadel Drezen.
->Kyra's Killer Loot Tracker<-
STRATEGIC MAP
RUINS OF DREZEN
RUINS OF DREZEN--ENEMY POSITIONS PHASE 2
Tactical combat map.


551 to 580 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

CURRENT FORCE POSITIONS MAP
Ok, that map is screwy.
Try this one.
BETTER FORCE POSITIONS MAP

Company A is heavily engaged with undead forces out of the cemetary.
Company C is blocking Schir demon forces as they try to cross the bridge, but have them blocked at the moment.
Company B is the only company not engaged at the moment.

Wherever the Mythic Companions are located, they can add their weight to the fight.
Make a single combat roll, or Spellcraft check to aid the unit they are with.


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

He wasnt a fighter like the paladins all around him. He did his best to remain focused on helping those would had minor wounds deal with their pain. When the deep rumbling horn signaled the advance of the demonic foe moving from the hill into their positions for a moment he froze almost paralyzed by fear. His mind fled back to the moment that minotaur had killed him, had split him practically in half on the steps back in Kenebras....

The clear and peircing sound of little Nurah's horn peirced the air... and it peirced the fog slowly filling his mind with cold dread. He was no paladin, but he recalled one of the first tenants those holy warriors once spoke in the temple he had been raised in.

I will protect my allies with my life. They are my light and my strength, as I am their light and their strength. We rise together.

The words hung in his mind as clear and peircing as the silver horn.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Brothers, sisters in arms Let us redeem these filth with our swords!"

He cried out as he joined the battle Holy Symbol aglow as he joined the thickest part of the press with spell and blade.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

”Company B to attack the schir!” Carilain suggests. ”Suddenly that hill matters.”

Carilain stands with company C, aiding them with his magic, and the power of Grimstar .

spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Stationed with Company A, Alorah shakes off the shock at seeing the sheer teeming mass of undead moving toward them, and takes to the air to battle the vile abominations.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Realizing the bridge is currently held and that he is prevented from riding his horse into the fray, Arthas turns his attention to the oncoming undead.

”Carilian! I will ride to the flank and reap the enemy there! Give me a hill to ride to!” he smiles to his companion.

And so he rode breaking the undead against his armored steed, trampling them beneath iron shot hoofs, and allowing the light to spring forth from the Holy Sword Radiance.

In the fray Arthas can use Eagles Spendor, and activated Medal of Valor and Knight’s Pennon along with his other abilities including smite and channeling to destroy undead to aid the crusaders in their fight.

”We shall smite these unnatural and unholy abominations! See how they shrink and wither in the face of our holy and righteous fury!”

Radience, mounted charge: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 32
damage Radiance vs Evil: 1d10 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (2, 1) = 11


Female Tengu Swordmaster Rogue 7 Trickster 1 |63/63 hp| AC (17), T (12), FF (15)** Uncanny Dodge|Fort +4, Ref +12, Wil +5| CMD 22

Kankai would turn her horse with company B

"Let's show the Schir what it is like to have a blade in their sides."

She called out and would raise her own blade. It wasn't anything special but they knew she stood with them.

Attack(Sneak attack if able): 1d2 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Female Tengu Swordmaster Rogue 7 Trickster 1 |63/63 hp| AC (17), T (12), FF (15)** Uncanny Dodge|Fort +4, Ref +12, Wil +5| CMD 22

Attack(Sneak attack if able): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


The battle of South Bank II...

Silver fire ran as Company A shattered the undead forces in front of them in a charge to the West.

A hundred yards behind them, Company B’s captain held up his hand to halt his command. He thought he had heard something.

Silver fire ran as Company C received the charge of the Schir demon mob crossing the bridge... and stopped them hard.

Continuing to charge, Company A shattered another mob of undead… and then another.

In their orderly ranks, the lances of Company C lashed out, impaling the squirming mob of schir demons, hemmed in on all sides by Paladins.

Then Company A ran into a much larger and more disciplined mob; this time with more powerful leaders, like vampires and skeletal knights. Their charge brought to a halt, their smites expended, Company A is surrounded!

Despite being hemmed in and being slaughtered over and over, fresh schir demons poured in from across the bridge... And suddenly the demons show a trait not seen before; the ability to leap fifteen, even twenty feet over the paladins heads! Suddenly Schir demons were jumping over the lines and onto the heads of the paladins in the back!

The captain of Company B, seeing Company A in trouble, sounded the charge! Sweeping around Company A, the charge shattered the army of the undead, sending the survivors scuttling. Company A split up and pursued them in squads.

Company C struggled, but did not break as the Schir demons fought before and behind them.

Across the bridge, a unit of Schir demons got impatient and separated from the main group. Travelling down the far embankment, they crossed the dry river and started up a trail on the near embankment to try to flank Company C. But they were met by individuals who blocked the only way up onto the South bank.

There on the South Bank, the battle seesawed back and forth a hairs breadth from disaster, until Company B charged in out of the West, finally returned to back up Company C.


I would like all the Player Characters to write of what they did during the battle.
Something like A line or two giving a snapshot, a moment of a dramatic moment during the battle.


In what seems to you to be the critical moment of the battle, runners come to you all with an urgent summons to the command tent.


Commander Irabeth looks particularly tense as you sweep in.
"I apologize for yanking you out of the battle, but this matter is critical and you are the only force of the right size and power to handle it."
She looked over at Aravashniel and nodded.


Aravashniel stood up from where he had been manipulating some kind of mystic Orrery device.
"From the first, both I and Lord Aaron had been concerned with the shadow hanging over the Drezen graveyard. Somehow, some way, the powers governing this place have effected an Eclipse of Groetus."
He paused, then shook his head.
"There's no time to explain the details.
"In about..."
He glanced at the Orrery. "Forty minutes, all of the undead slain by our forces today will be able to rise again. And at this point, all of our regular paladins will have run through their smite powers to face off against 3-4 thousand undead of all types.
"There is an anchor point somewhere in the tombs of the graveyard; something that focuses the Eclipse over the area. That thing must be dispelled or destroyed before they can rise again.
"No, I don't know what it looks like; I know that I would hide it inside a protected tomb."


Commander Irabeth nodded sharply.
"By the time you reach the graveyard you'll have thirty minutes. Take whatever horses you need. You need to go NOW." She barked.


Female Tengu Swordmaster Rogue 7 Trickster 1 |63/63 hp| AC (17), T (12), FF (15)** Uncanny Dodge|Fort +4, Ref +12, Wil +5| CMD 22

Kankai wasn't much for upfront battles the way Paladins were but her ability to help flank and slice into the vital points of any enemy served her well. Those at her side found someone who was willing to get into the thick of it and aid them often shrieking in celestial in a way that caught the demon's attentions leaving them vulnerable.

Upon returning to the command tent and hearing the news her feathers ruffled.

"So we smash and disrupt this thing quickly. I am in. Anyone got a mace in case a sword is not good enough?"


Lord Aaron Kir grabbed the mace from his belt and tossed it to Kankai.
"Here you go!"
Kankai holds in his hand a Mace, Heavy, Mithral, +1


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

He had been with the paladins holding the line and the bridge against the schirr demons on the hill. Though he had been first afraid the sound of the horn as ... calmed him. He was not as graceful as Kyra, he knew that but somehow it was if Saraenrae herself guided his blade. He had stayed behind the lines, using his affintity with healing magic to save any paladin about to fall when the first of the demons jumped the lines. For a moment as the first one landed panic started to hit, and Kelden almost stood there at a loss.. then the thing turned and saw him and screamed at him.

With a spin the scream stopped the head of the demon rolling to the ground.Another leapt and landed near him, He moved and struck at it before it could recover.

"KENEBRAS!

He yelled a blast of holy energy erupting from his holy symbol which he took in hand channelin gpure holy energy into the men about him.

at the tents.

He wasnt a horseman, and he was coverd in blood and gore from being hard pressed in the fray at the bridge.

"Anyone have some holy water?"

He echoed a request just following kankai. He was already moving for the closet horse eyeing a stallion clearly trained to bear a paladin and not a clumsy cleric.
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
any knowledge that would impart to make us better undead destroyers?


Aaron Kir unstrapped a bandoleer of six flasks of holy water (it had once held and has slots for ten) and tossed it to Kelden.


Kelden wrote:
any knowledge that would impart to make us better undead destroyers?

Kelden: You're drawing a blank. There's no time!


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Wading through the battlefield of the graveyard, surrounded by a tight circle of Paladins, Alorah kept up a steady barrage of bolts, magic and divine flame, targeting and picking off undead in support of her soldiers.

When their forces fall into the unanticipated trap, and they find themselves surrounded, she takes to the air, becoming a rally point for what, at the moment appeared to be a valiant last stand. With company B coming to the rescue, and the enemy force breaking and fleeing there was much relief and a moment of celebration.

When the meeting is convened, she listens intently nodding as the matter at hand is paid out. "Of course." she says quietly, pondering what it is they would be seeking.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Female Tengu Swordmaster Rogue 7 Trickster 1 |63/63 hp| AC (17), T (12), FF (15)** Uncanny Dodge|Fort +4, Ref +12, Wil +5| CMD 22

Know:Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Taking the mace she put it on her own belt and nodded her thanks. She would nod to everyone before going to find a horse and would mount up. She wasn't too keen on horses but then again these should be well trained.

"Alright, if someone will lead the way. Maybe when we get there something will trigger a thought from an overheard conversation from my captivity."


What order are you guys riding?


Riding down the South Bank road, you cross into the ancient graveyard and turn south towards the large multistory tombs.
Suddenly you come under a shadow that covers most of the necropolis. Looking up, you see a gigantic moon, mottled grey and white. You can see in sharp relief endless expanses of graveyards, tombs and necropolis covering much of the surface. But most disturbing of all, the mottled patter forms a titanic grinning skull.

While under the Eclipse of Groetus you are under a permanent Doom effect. Will Save dc 15 or Shaken condition (Fear based).

Abruptly, the stone pavers of the ancient road shift and turn. The horses all scream as they lose their balance and crash to the ground.
Characters will take 6d6 damage in the fall and will end up prone.
You may make a Ride check DC15 to jump free, reducing damage by 2d6.
You may make an Acrobatics check DC15 to roll when you hit the ground, reducing damage by 2d6.
You may make a Reflex save DC15 to remain on your feet, reducing damage by 1d6.

You see all around you dead white flesh as humanoid creatures with fanged maws and blood red eyes claw themselves out of the ground screaming and howling for the taste of flesh.

With your experience, you recognize them as Undead. Probably Ghouls.


Round 1____________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Roll20 map.

While under the Eclipse of Groetus you are under a permanent Doom effect. Will Save dc 15 or Shaken condition (Fear based).

The Ghouls are still only halfway out of the ground at this point, so currently have the Grappled condition.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

I think I am immune to the fear effect.

Arthas leads the ride into the boneyard with Radiance unsheathed, it’s holy light leading the way.

Seeing to moon of Groetus manifest above them the Paladin shouts out!

”Do not let fear take hold or the insanity will follow!”

Aura of Courage +4 (10 ft.) (Su) Allies in aura gain a morale bonus to saves vs. fear.

His mighty charger balks and then buckles under the shifting pave stones before going down.

Arthas desperately tried to pull the horses head to save its legs while also allowing him to dismount sparing his own.

While it wasn’t pretty, it worked. The Paladin struggled to stay afoot himself.

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

I am guessing he will still take 3d6 based on your above post

Seeing many of the horses and riders are going to be injured, Arthas calls out to the Heavens!

”Ragathiel! Catch us in your wings, heal the faithful and purge the unclean!”

A faint red aura collects around the armored holy warrior briefly before suddenly manifesting then abruptly disappearing in a vision of crimson outstretched angel wings! A 30’ radius burst of holy energy blasts out from him, wrapping the crusaders in a warm embrace while shredding the undead with extreme prejudice!

Revenge/Vengeance Variant Channeling 4d6+2 channel bonus (2/day, DC 17) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.

Ragathiel’s Wrathful Vengeance: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 5) + 2 = 18

All the living heal by 18 HP, the undead in a 30 ft radius take 18 HP unless they save DC 17 for half.


Female Tengu Swordmaster Rogue 7 Trickster 1 |63/63 hp| AC (17), T (12), FF (15)** Uncanny Dodge|Fort +4, Ref +12, Wil +5| CMD 22

Ride: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Doom Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Kankai was not much for horses so when it flailed below her she was caught completely by surprise. So much so she only had time at the last second to see the ground and get her feet under her the impact taking the air out of her.

Damage from thrown: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3, 1) = 12

That coupled with the moon above shook her to her core but she steeled her resolve and drew her sword striking at the ghouls to her right side.

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25
Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 = 17

Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit Dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sneak attack if you think it applies: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 4) = 22

Combat Modifiers:
HP:51/63 AC 17
A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

Ride dc 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Acrobatics dc 15: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6
reflex dc 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
falling damage: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 3, 5, 4) = 25
He cried out in surprise as the horse collapsed beneath him and he hit the ground hard rolling into the hard ground. His vision stared upwards as the sign of evil hung in the air... the dark sign of Groetus.

will save dc 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

There was no horror only disgust. Sarenrae would be with him. He rolled onto his feet and held his holy Symbol aloft. Time to make the undead pay. First make sure his friends were okay. There one near his love Kyra. He pointed and a searing ray of light burst forth from his Holy symbol.

ranged touch attack on the ghoul beside Kyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
searing light damage: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 6) = 25


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Doom Will save: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24

Ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Falling damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 2) = 12

Her mind steeled against the dark moon that is Groetus, Alorah is totally unprepared for the erupting ground, unable to leap free of her horse, but nimble enough to roll with the fall, reducing the degree of injury.


Round 1____________________

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel
immune to the fear effect
Aura of Courage +4 (10 ft.) (Su) Allies in aura gain a morale bonus to saves vs. fear.
His mighty charger balks and then buckles under the shifting pave stones before going down.
Arthas desperately tried to pull the horses head to save its legs while also allowing him to dismount sparing his own.
While it wasn’t pretty, it worked. The Paladin struggled to stay afoot himself.
Seeing many of the horses and riders are going to be injured, Arthas calls out to the Heavens!
A faint red aura collects around the armored holy warrior briefly before suddenly manifesting then abruptly disappearing in a vision of crimson outstretched angel wings! A 30’ radius burst of holy energy blasts out from him, wrapping the crusaders in a warm embrace while shredding the undead with extreme prejudice!

All the living heal by 18 HP, the undead in a 30 ft radius take 18 HP unless they save DC 17 for half.
Arthas, Kyra, Kelden and Carilain heal 18, while out to 30 ft, Ghouls scream as the energy that washed over them made them explode into ash, or hideously burn and melt them (as marked).

Kankai the White
Kankai was not much for horses so when it flailed below her she was caught completely by surprise. So much so she only had time at the last second to see the ground and get her feet under her the impact taking the air out of her.
That coupled with the moon above shook her to her core but she steeled her resolve and drew her sword striking at the ghouls to her right side.
Kankai’s blade smoothly beheaded Ghoul 38.

Kelden Sunblade
He cried out in surprise as the horse collapsed beneath him and he hit the ground hard rolling into the hard ground. His vision stared upwards as the sign of evil hung in the air... the dark sign of Groetus.
There was no horror only disgust. Sarenrae would be with him. He rolled onto his feet and held his holy Symbol aloft. Time to make the undead pay. First make sure his friends were okay. There one near his love Kyra. He pointed and a searing ray of light burst forth from his Holy symbol.
With that one already exploded by Arthas, he turned the ray of light to the next closest; and Ghoul 54 also exploded into dust.

Alorah
Her mind steeled against the dark moon that is Groetus, Alorah is totally unprepared for the erupting ground, unable to leap free of her horse, but nimble enough to roll with the fall, reducing the degree of injury.

(npc) Kyra and Carilain lay stunned for a moment, before struggling to their feet.
Kyra seems daunted by the appearance of Groetus, while Carilain gritted his teeth and ignored it.

The remaining ghouls spend their round crawling out of the ground and struggling to their feet
Ghoul 18 draws an AoO from Kankai.
Ghoul 08 draws an AoO from Alorah.
Ghoul 33 draws an AoO from Arthas.


Round 2____________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Roll20 map.

While under the Eclipse of Groetus you are under a permanent Doom effect. Will Save dc 15 or Shaken condition (Fear based).

The ghouls have freed themselves from the ground and no longer grappled.


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

will save dc 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Despite being very very worried about the situation he withdrew strength in his faith gripping his holy symbol and channeling a burst of positive energy after he move just a bit closer.

channeled energy: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8

551 to 580 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Chapter 2: THE SWORD OF VALOR (table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.