DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2: SWORD OF VALOR

Game Master Camris

SECTION 3: THE SIEGE OF DREZEN
After arriving in Drezen, the heroes lead their army against the demons and cultists arrayed in the city, ultimately laying siege to Citadel Drezen.
->Kyra's Killer Loot Tracker<-
STRATEGIC MAP
RUINS OF DREZEN
RUINS OF DREZEN--ENEMY POSITIONS


351 to 400 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Thetin was the Human Paladin. Kankai was the female white feathered tengu


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas looks them over.

”I thought I caught a glimpse of what looked like an eagle and a crusader struggling with a couple of winged demonic figures high up in the air.”

He gestures to the sky above.

”As they rose up, they were caught by the howling winds. Then they were swept overhead and far away downwind out of sight.”

He indicates by tracing his sword tip from overhead then off towards the Maw. His eyes blink and he shakes his head to ward off the urge to yawn.

”If it was real and not a vision, they could be many miles away by now.”


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Kyra watches this new-comer with open suspicion. "A likely story. What have you actually done with them?" She keeps her blade out in front of her as she then speaks to her companions. "I feel this is a ruse of some sort."

With that Sense Motive, does Kyra get a better feel as to Arthas' truthfulness?


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

"I may not be able to see into a person's soul the way Thetin or Arabeth can, but I can test him. My soulfire heals those of good heart and burns evil." Alorah whispers.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas looks at the open handed cleric silently for a moment. His eyes go in and out of adjustment.

"You bear some of the Queen's Favors and awards.'

He gestures to several medals and purity seals attached to himself that match those given to the party by the queen a few weeks ago.

"I earned some myself some months past, before the Brother Captain and Lord Chaplan led us into this place."

He ruffles at Kyra's suggestion.

"I am not lying. My honor would not suffer it. If you doubt me, ask your angelic sorceress companion. I believe I saw her struggling with the same winds. She set down, but the others went higher until they were all swept away.

From the DM to Alorah wrote:
Also, the gusting winds up on the plateau threaten to carry you across the gorge and into the eastern mammoth-infested badlands if you spend more than a round or two aloft.

Then he nods his head in understanding.

"But I do not blame you for your disbelief. This place baits you, tries to trick you, few things are as they should be. I hear it gets worse the farther you go in."

The warrior tries to look behind the team assembled before him.

"Did you see any of my fellow Battle Brothers? There were still four of us left."

On your way here you pased by the bodies of three fallen paladins

His eyes grow suspicious and flick back across you as he whispers audibly to himself.

"Am I falling for a trick my Lord General?"

His dehydrated tongue rasps across his dried and chapped lips.

"I am Arthas, Sword of Ragathiel. We were sent here because of a vision. We were bade to remain here until---"

"Please Lord, don't let me betray you to the wicked."

"---Until . . . someone or something arrived from Kenabres."

"The Lord Chaplain knew why we were here. We were told to keep faith. When he died he tried to tell me what the vision was, but I could not get it all and he was so burned. . . ."


Perception DC20:
There is a gravelly voiced shout coming from inside the Chapel, it's power overcoming even the howl of the Abyssal winds, though you still cannot make out individual words.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

"None living, except some stonebound monsters, that we cut down." Carilain tells the armored man. He stands seemingly relaxed, with the black bladed sword in hand, but the tip is aimed at the ground.


The tip of Carilain's black blade twitched violently.

Carilain:
Through the grip Grimstar makes you aware that you are in the presence of Trancendent Evil.
At first you think it's coming from the Knight in front of you; but Grimstar hears clearly and transmits telepathically to you someone inside the Chapel shouting "...did you fools find this blade? That's #$%@#$% Radiance! That @#%@#$%% dwarf said he had taken care of..." In Abyssal.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

”The wind never stops. The gargoyles seem to do okay as long as they stay low. I don’t know if they are just regular gargoyles or if they are demonic. They carry people off . . . .”

Arthas looks them over some more.

”Where did you come from? Do you have any spare rations?”


Kyra:
The knight seems straightforward and truthful. Like unto a Paladin in fact.


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

As Kyra searches the man's words, she finds that they do indeed ring true and her aggressive stance relaxes even though something about this man put her ill at ease. She nods, but then suddenly stops as she cocks her head to one side in an attempt to blocking out a little of the cutting wind. She furrows her brow as she strains... "There is a voice coming from within! Is there any else with you, Sir Arthas?"


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Athas turns to face the door with his sword and shield up. His face clearly shows hope and bewilderment.

"I-I didn't hear anything . . . I hope that I still have a few companions left alive, b-but I don't know. I . . . I have been having a hard time keeping track of time here."

"You heard someone from within here?!"

He asks pointing towards the chapel door.


Male Keleshite Human HP (47/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (6)

He had sunk down to his knees at the man's proclamation about the creatures flying off with their friends. They wouldnt be seeing them again and it wasn't right. They both deserved to have fallen in battle as opposed to their fate.
perception dc 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"I suppose we should gath...

He paused as they whirled to face the door. Kelden swallowed rising somewhat wearily to his feet. He moved torwards the door drawing out the Dawnflower's Kiss. (His scimitar).

"Enough talking, we need to gather up radiance, the other treasure and finish searching these buildings... you hear noise, it may be a survivor, it may be more demons either way lets move."

He gripped his holy symbol and concetrating whispering a small prayer for the souls of his friends and cast bless on the party.


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Kyra nods to Arthas and then shares a look with Kelden. "I could not hear what was being said, but the nature of the voice does not give me hope that this was a survivor of Sir Arthas' group. My inclination is demonic. We should hurry then. We will shed our tears for Thetin and Kankai another time, brother." Even as Kyra says these words, Kelden can see the strange golden tears forming in her glowing green eyes.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

”. . . Hope begins in the dark . . . Hold fast, wait and watch. Be stubborn and survive, don’t give up and the dawn will come . . . “


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

"Grimstar agrees with you, Kyra. Transcendent evil, he says. We best be ready for a hell of a fight."
The elf pauses to cast his shield spell, those gargoyles had been scoring hits a little too often for Carilain's liking.


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Alorah nods, beginning a rising chant in celestial as they prepare to engage the enemy, calling for divine aid.

Full round action to summon Lantern Achon


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas mumbles trying to remember something said to him by the Chaplain.

" . . . raise up the arms of the fallen who brought you here . . ."

His eyes finally focus on the blade left discarded on the ground.

"That sword . . . I think I know it from somewhere, but that can't be right. It looks like cold iron, but cold iron isn't gold in color."

Unconsciously, his hand reaches out to pick it up.

"Look how it radiates---Like an artesian spring gushing up suddenly from the parched grounds of the driest desert!"

With that Arthas picks up the sword and holds it aloft. All at once several things happen in but the blink of an eye.

A wave of holy energy bursts and ripples outward from the Paladin heaing those around him. Vengeance channel(Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

The sword transforms into a Holy Flaming Bastard Sword and its golden steel radiates golden light under the red hellfire and bluish white angel-fire. Using his bonded weapon ability to grant it

Arthas himself is enveloped in red golden flames that lick over his form, but do not consume his skin and clothing. Light pours out of the Paladin's open mouth and eyes and his skeleton becomes visible under his skin.Finally, five spectral wings and one cauterized stump sprout from his back, spread wide, then sweep down to embrace the party before suddenly vanishing.

When the light fades it leaves Arthas standing tall and revitalized as she stares at the flaming bastard sword sill shining in his hand.

At a whisper he speaks, "By His wings . . . it looks like Ragathiel's own blade . . . "

Arthas licks his lips and reverently holds the blade across his hands as though he is reading something etched on the glowing blade.

"Let us not forget what the story of Paladin Yaniel has to teach us. Whose very sword bears witness to this moment. Her holy sword and relic of her contribution and reminder of her treatment at the hands of her fellow crusaders. It calls itself Radiance.""

He looks up at the party with understanding and surety.

""We may be few, and our enemies many. Yet so long as there remains one of us still fighting, one who still rages in the name of justice and truth, then by Heaven, the world shall yet know hope."

"If there are demons, they now know we are here. I would carry this sword, unless you know of a more worthy bearer in which case I gladly surrender it to you."

"Otherwise, Its time to kick in these doors and kick some ass, because I have been sitting here for weeks waiting for the right time to do just that!"

"Who's with me!?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

The strange golden tears flow more freely as she watches Arthas claiming Radiance for his own, the realization that Thetin was more than likely dead instead of just captive hitting her hard. She nods grimly. "We are all with you, Sir Arthas. I hope that you are as stalwart a companion as Thetin. We were all touched by the power of the Wardstone at its destruction. We are the heroes of Kenabres." She holds her head high as she gestures to her companions. "Whatever lies beyond cannot stand against our fury. And I do not look for the dawn," she locks eyes with Arthas and he can see the burning fury in her glowing green eyes. "I am the Dawn."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Lets go with Arthas did burst to heal you all and it should have been Burst: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) = 13 not what I had above. When he releases this holy energy you all had the above vision of him.

...When the vision overlay fades off, the party sees Arthas as he appeared before he had released his special variant channeling. He looks much more worn and bedraggled, but no less determined.

As he speaks you have an incredibly strong sense of deja vu.

”If there are demons, they now know we are here. Draw your weapons, unless you know of a better way to breech this building, Its time to kick in these doors and kick some ass, because I have been sitting here for weeks waiting for the right time to do just that!"

"Who's with me!?"

Kyra nods grimly. "We are all with you, Sir Arthas. I hope that you are as stalwart a companion as Thetin. We were all touched by the power of the Wardstone at its destruction. We are the heroes of Kenabres.” She holds her head high as she gestures to her companions. ”Whatever lies beyond cannot stand against our fury. And I do not look for the dawn.” she locks eyes with Arthas and he can see the burning fury in her glowing green eyes. "I am the Dawn."

The dervishes words strike Arthas like a hammer and his face pales.

”Kenabres? I-is destroyed?!” We were just there a few weeks ago. The dragon gave me one of his scales.” he holds up a sliver scale fastened at his neck.

Arthas tries to open the door and find something to vent his anguish upon.


The doors open easily under Arthas' hand.

The vaulted ceiling of this massive sanctuary reaches nearly thirty feet overhead.
Smashed stained-glass windows stretch in narrow bands above the doors.
Four angelic statues occupy each corner of the room, though their faces and wings are cracked and broken almost beyond recognition.
The walls are covered with disturbing shapes and runes that have been scratched into the stone.
An altar, befouled with grime and filth, sits against the southern wall.

A dozen feral undead figures cower before an angry red skinned black winged towering ten feet tall. He holds a large battle aspergillum in one hand and the crushed remains of a ghoul in the other.

Before them, on the ground in front of the defiled altar is an arcane pentagram on the floor, apparently made of blood and bodily excretions.

Trapped in the middle of the pentagram, floating head high is the unmistakable figure of Radiance, it's light clear and untarnished despite the defiled surroundings.


Detect Evil/Good:

The feeling is unmistakable, this chapel has been Desecrated.

Surprise round--------------

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

This is a Surprise round, only a single Standard action is allowed, and there are no straight paths that would allow a charge action.


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

As the door is pushed open, the lantern archon summoned by Alorah pulses with righteous anger, immediately teleporting deep into the room See little yellow dot in SE corner

Alorah herself behind to cast a spell, arcane sigils dancing along her crossbow.
Cast Gravity bow


Male Keleshite Human HP (47/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (6)

Entirely unsure of the situation, but ready none the less he moves forward to the other side of the door readying himself to drive the foul undead back into true death.
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Moving forward to the other side of the door.Anything those knowledge checks tell me about our foes?


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain casts a spell on his weapon as well, a dull, silvery sheen flickers along Grimstar's gleaming, midnight length.

Casts lead blades.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas strides into the room while casting Shield of Fortification.

”The sun rises in the east, a host has come and your time here is done demon. Flee now or be banished for 1,001 years or utterly destroyed as your minions are about to be!”


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Kyra immediately slips into her Battle Dance, her lithe body moving in tangent to a song only she can hear...

Move Action - Activate Battle Dance (-1 Bardic Performance).


Surprise round--------------

Alorah_____
As the door is pushed open, the lantern archon teleported deep into the room.
Alorah herself cast a spell, arcane sigils dancing along her crossbow. Cast Gravity bow

Kelden Sunblade_____
Kelden moved forward to the other side of the door.

Kelden:
The smaller figures are clearly Ghouls, whose touch risks paralysis and whose bite may turn you into one of them. The large one? A demon clearly. Of a Nabbasu type; no a Nabbasu crossbreed. Weaker than the actual demon father, still resistant to most energy effects and DR5/magic.

Carilain Riveroak_____
Carilain casts a spell on his weapon as well, a dull, silvery sheen flickers along Grimstar's gleaming, midnight length. Casts lead blades.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Arthas strides into the room while casting Shield of Fortification.Only a single standard act this round.

Kyra Greenstar_____
Kyra immediately slips into her Battle Dance, her lithe body moving in tangent to a song only she can hear...

The ghouls are taken completely unawares and do not move.
The large red one however, is not. His head snaps around to stare at the open door, flabbergasted for but a moment before he roars ”Fools! You left the door open! Go block it while I deal with this Crusader pest!”
He barked a syllable of power and his large battle aspergillum runs with unholy fire as he raised it in defiance.


Round 1--------------

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

Battle map.


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

As the summoned archon fires brilliant rays of light at the nearest if the foul creatures (yellow ghoul), Alorah steps in line with the doorway, firing a shot directly at the flying red demon.

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Light Crossbow (Arcane strike): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Magic/Gravity bow: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4


Male Keleshite Human HP (47/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (6)

"Ghouls! Beware their touch. They can paralyze you!"

He called out warning his companionsas he stepped into the room. He moved behind the pews and pulled out his holy symbol praying to his goddess and casting searing light at the ghouls close to the young paladin.

ranged touch orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 1, 3, 5) = 23
damage if the ghoul is vulnerable to bright light: 6d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 8, 2, 2, 6) = 27

Here's to hoping ghouls touch AC flatfooted is crap *lawls*


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Can I rush in braving two AoO and grab the sword?


Arthas: You can certainly try. You do perceive there is at least one aura defined by the bloody pentagram encircling Radiance, you're not sure what it is for.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain hurries into the chamber. Taking in the scene; he casts a spell, causing a mass of sticky web to fill the back corner of the room.
The elf is aware that the red demon's fiery weapon could well light his webs on fire, but figures that ghouls are not immune to flame. And even if so, it will be a good piece of knowledge to have.

Casts web as shown by circle.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas races in to rescue Radiance from what he assumes is a Circle of Desecration. Movement action

Arthas braces himself for the unkown as he barrels into the ichor smeared pentagram and reaches for the holy blade. Using quickdraw for the getting of the weapon for a free action

"Please let me be true enough to withstand this trial, strong enough to complete this quest."

He channels his patron's Holy Vengeance causing DC 15 to resist: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 2 = 17 hoping to catch several enemies within its 30 ft radius. Standard action

"Burning fervor guides me!"


Round 1 complete--------------

Alorah_____
Alorah’s floating archon fired a brilliant ray, missing the ghoul yellow wildly to score a shallow burn mark across Arthas’ armored chest. Its second brilliant ray has better luck, scoring medium damage on its upraised left arm.
Alorah steps in line with the doorway, firing a shot directly at the flying red demon. The bolt just barely deflected off of its tough demonic hide.

Kelden Sunblade_____
Kelden shouded a warning to his companions as he stepped into the room. He moved behind the pews and pulled out his holy symbol praying to his goddess and casting searing light at the ghouls close to the young paladin.
The beam struck ghoul orange full, and it just barely had time to shriek before it burned to nothing, just white ash drifting through the air.

Carilain Riveroak______
Carilain hurries into the chamber. Taking in the scene; he casts a spell, causing a mass of sticky web to fill the back corner of the room. Taken by surprise, all the enemies were grappled by the sticky strands.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Arthas races in to rescue. Arthas braces himself for the unkown as he barrels into the ichor smeared pentagram and reaches for the holy blade. But right as he got to the circle, he was stopped in his tracks by a strange rubbery force that hedged him out and kept Radiance in.

Arthas:
You think that if you focus your Willpower to press in, you might be able to defeat it. Especially if you had any good aligned bonuses.

He channels his patron's Holy Vengeance; silver and red flames erupted from him flooding a 30 ft radius. Ghoul yellow evaporated without a trace. Ghoul red and ghoul blue died without ever having a chance to act. Ghoul Cleric blue and Nulkineth just grimaced and took minor damage.

Kyra_____
Kyra double moved into the chapel, preparing to Dervish dance.

Nulkineth______
Nulkineth shrugged off the remnants of the Webbing. Suddenly noticing what Arthas was doing, he shouted ”No you don’t!”, declared a Smite Good on Arthas, charged up to Arthas and bullrushed him away from Radiance.
Arthas flew back and slammed into the wall hard. He took 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) + 6 = 15 damage, Acrobatics DC15 to take 1d6 less.

Ghoul Cleric Blue_____
Cast Dispel Magic and gets rid of the remnants of the Web.

Ghoul Cleric Green_____
Started casting a Summoning from a scroll.

Ghoul Green_____
Charge attacked Kelden.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 25 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 14 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.

Ghoul Blue_____
Charge attacked Kelden.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 12 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 19 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.

Ghoul Purple_____
Makes a double move to get into contact with Kyra.

Ghoul Pink_____
Charge attacked Kyra.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 14 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.
Claw 2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 18 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 plus Paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds Fort save DC13 negates, elves are immune.


Round 2___________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

This chapel is currently Desecrated.


Male Keleshite Human HP (47/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (6)

fort save dc 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
concentration dc 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Seeing the threat of the caster He stepped back away from the ghouls hoping the others would eventually come to his aid. Instead he gripped his holy symbol and concentrated making sure to not let the ghoul disrupt his spell He focused on the alter casting Silence on it. At least that would make it where the ghouls had to come closer to be able to use their vile magics.

status tracker:

Init+1 Perception+3
Ac20(+1Dex,+7armor,+2shield) Touch 11 Flat-Footed 19
Fort+7 Ref+3 Will+8
Hp: 41/61
Bolts: 10/10
Spells
Cleric spells used: Bless, Silence
Temporary Mods: Bless
Channels 3/6

silence


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Stepping directly into the doorway, Alorah targets the cleric reading from the scroll.

Light Crossbow (Arcane strike)/ Precise shot:: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Gravity bow/ Magic: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 1 = 8

The summoned archon presses the attack on the next nearest undead, firing another pair of rays at it.

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain charges his sword with energy from his arcane energy pool, then slashes at the ghoul that attacked Kelden.
Green
Grimstar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 5) + 8 = 15


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 4 - 2 = 25
Magic, Cold Iron Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 20
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Kyra dodges and ducks around the clumsy blows of the ghouls. Her eyes flare a bright green as a similar color glow seeps along the edge of Dancing Phoenix just as she cuts the blade deep into one of the ghouls! She then twirls away in a flurry of colorful silks as she seeks to keep the ghouls from trapping her into a flank. As she comes to a stop near Kelden she winks at him with a smile.

Swift Action - Arcane Strike (-1 MP to add Keen property to the weapon) for 1 minute. Free Action - Maintain Battle Dance (-1 BP). Standard Action - Attack 'Purple'. Move Action - Acrobatics with Move to avoid AoO.

Arcane Strike - 10/10


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

”Ooooohf!”

The Paladin slams into the wall.

He lays hands on himself 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10 and designates the demon for Smite Evil

”Two can play at that game!”


Round 2 complete___________________

Kelden Sunblade_____
Seeing the threat of the caster He stepped back.
He focused on the alter casting Silence on it.

Alorah_____
Stepping directly into the doorway, Alorah targets the cleric reading from the scroll.
She hit, dealing moderate damage to it. This plus the silence ruined the summoning spell, and the scroll went up like flash paper.
The summoned archon presses the attack on the ghoul pink, firing another pair of rays at it. It missed the first and grazed it with the second.

Carilain Riveroak_____
Carilain charges his sword with energy from his arcane energy pool, then slashes at the ghoul that attacked Kelden.
Grimstar swung badly off time but still managed to connect with ghoul green, and the power blew it apart.

Kyra Greenstar_____
Dodging the ghouls, Kyra’s spinning blades eviscerate ghoul purple and she danced back again.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
The Paladin slams into the wall, cracking the plaster all around him.
He lays hands on himself for 10 and designates the demon for Smite Evil.

Demon Nulkineth________________
”Yeah, yeah, always with the promises you crusaders can’t keep…” Nulkineth snarled as he stepped up to Arthas. ”Looks like I’m gonna need some new ghouls. Hope I can keep ya intact enough.”
His large battle aspergillum rose over his head radiating black fire as he brought it down on Sir Arthas.
+1 battle aspergillum smite attack: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 18 only to see it glance aside from the silver aura emanating from Sir Arthas in a shower of black and silver sparks.

Ghoul blue_____
Ghoul blue hopped over the pew to ravage Kelden.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8 slashing damage plus disease plus paralysis (fort save dc13 or 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds)
Claw1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5 slashing damage plus paralysis (fort save dc13 or 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds)
Claw2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8 slashing damage plus paralysis (fort save dc13 or 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 rounds)

Ghoul pink_____
Ghoul pink ran up to Kyra and slashed at her.
Claw1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7 slashing damage plus paralysis (fort save dc13 or 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds)
Claw2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 for a possible 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7 slashing damage plus paralysis (fort save dc13 or 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 rounds)

Ghoul cleric green_____
Ghoul cleric green, dropping the remains of the scroll, ran out of the silenced area to stand near his master. Quickly he cast and an ugly spiritual glaive appeared behind Alorah and attacked!
spiritual glaive vs Alorah: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 for a possible 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8 slashing and evil damage.

Ghoul cleric blue_____
Ghoul cleric blue ran out of the silenced area, pulled a scroll and began casting.

Spellcraft DC15:
It’s a greater Summoning spell.


Round 3___________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

This chapel is currently Desecrated.


Didn't I have eight ghouls just a few seconds ago?


Male Keleshite Human HP (47/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (6)

concentration check defensive casting dc 21: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 3 = 28
ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 2, 1, 5) = 17
damage if vulnerabl to bright light: 6d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 7, 4, 1, 1) = 20

"Its casting something Alorah!"

He called out implanting his shield into the ghoul beside him ignoring it as he he concentrated holding aloft his holy symbol once more a beam of terribly bright light lanced out of it torwards the far ghoul chanting and casting something in the corner. Saraenrae's light would be with him.

"They are trying to cut us off from Sir Arthas!"

He added though he was sure the others could see that as well.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"It's a summoning! Don't let him complete it!"

Carilain steps up to put the near ghoul between himself and Kelden, then takes a vertical, two-handed slash at the filthy undead.

Grimstar: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14


F Aasimar (Angelkin) Sorceress (Celestial Bloodline) 7/Mythic Tier 1: Archmage HP: 44/54 F+6 R+6 W+9. Init +2. Perception +4 AC: 13(17) Touch:13 FF: 11(15)

Heeding her companions' warning, Alora silently thanks her magical force armor as it deflects the blow of the summoned glaive. As the summoned archon moves to support Arthas, firing a pair of rays at the demon, she moves to where Carilan provides her cover as she shoots at the spell caster again."On it!"

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Light Ray (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Overcomes all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Light Crossbow (Arcane strike)/ PBS/Precise shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Gravity bow/ Magic/PBS: 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 1 + 1 = 12


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas is using his divine bond to grant his sword Demon Bane.

”Thanks for waddling yourself over here so I can make you my b%#+$!”

Arthas comes out swinging with his bastard sword using his Sudden Strike ability as a swift action to lead his full attack!

Roll twice and take the better of the two rolls. Damage bypasses all DR

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26
1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 = 29 This one!

Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 + (1, 6) = 21

He follows through with his normal attacks.

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 = 16
1d10 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 6 + (5, 6) = 30

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
1d10 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 + (3, 6) = 24

His AC is 25

351 to 400 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Chapter 2: THE SWORD OF VALOR (table 3) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.