Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,798 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

The badge is beyond Delixia's understanding as well. "Yes, let's return to the ladder. Before we do however, do you think you could attend to the wounds Smaranda received from that last battle? I'd feel more comfortable should we be forced to engage again."


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"What? Poor Smaranda is wounded? How can you tell with all those holes in her? My dear, you should have said something. Here, let me just..."

Thistle pulls a wand from his pouch, brandishes it, frowns and puts it back in the pouch then smiles as he pulls out the negative energy wand. Tapping the dhampir twice with the wand he asked solicitously, "There, how does that feel my dear?"

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia glares at the gnarf. She crosss her arms on her chest and exudes restraint from smacking Thistle on the back of his head.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

"Thank you."

Smaranda makes an effort to smile at the gnarf, probably a rather unsettling sight at the moment, all things considered. Reinvigorated, she is ready to follow the others, although she would much rather be out of here now that their mission was completed.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Fear not, friends... yes, friends I think I shall call you, although I have had few in my life. We have done the town, even the world, a great service here. We should be proud. And we deserve a rest. But, didn't one of you want to go try that ladder door again? Why don't we take another look at it while we are here.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You all proceed back upstairs and to the cell block that contained the ladder with the trap door at its top. This ten foot wide by 10 foot long stone room has a stout iron and wood ladder leading to a trap door in the ceiling. As you remember the trap door did not budge when you previously attempted to move it.

(DC 22 Strength Check to open this trap door.)

If you succeed on the Strength check:
A cascade of rubble pours down on everyone in the room. Everyone in the room must make a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d6 ⇒ 6 points of damage. Any on the ladder cannot avoid this damage.

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela: -4 HP
Delixia: 2 Wis Damage, -7 HP
Thistle: 2 Wis Damage
Kisasi: -3 HP
Smaranda: Cursed, Filth Fever

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi tries climbing the ladder and opening the door.

"Won't budge..."

He climbs back down, and shrugs. "Anyone else want to give it a try?"

He casts guidance on anyone making the attempt.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"I doubt I'd be of mush use up there. You need someone with brawn, not intelligence, for that task. DAY-LIX-EE-AH?"


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Don't believe you can use guidance on ability checks, only attack, save and skill checks.

Delixia pushes her way up silently and throws her shoulder into it. With Kisasi's guidance she finally gets through and says "Got it." as she climbs through.

No sooner than she goes through than the rubble begins to collapse down on top of her. She shouts ""Look out!"" as she dives away and tries to avoid as much of the damage as she can.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Smaranda leaps out of the way of the torrent of rubble, nimbly avoiding the largest and most dangerous pieces. Once the dust settles a bit, she picks up a small rock, making a show of buffing it with her sleeve and slipping it in her pocket.

"We found treasure."

She grins wryly.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Thistle was far enough away that he only caught a little of the cascading rocks, throwing himself aside to avoid the crush. He picked himself up and dusted off, then proceeded to channel one of his last spells to heal the others. Smaranda and Kisasi would need the special stick, of course.

channel: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 1 = 9


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Not entirely paying attention, and thinking of the events that have transpired so far, Mihaela is quickly brained by a particularly large piece of rubble and falls to the ground with more dust and smaller pieces covering her. Sitting up, slightly dazed and coughing from the dust, she begins dusting herself off. "Ow..."she says simply as she stands up and continues dusting herself off. "Thanks Thistle, I needed that." she thanks the short cleric for the channel. "I wonder what's up there?" as she peers up the ladder.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia grumbles something about waiting all this time for that pain but shakes her head, Figures.

She climbs back up the ladder and looks around at what the trap was protecting. Take 20+9=29

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Kisasi takes the full effect of rocks falling on his head. "Guess I should know better than to stand under the ladder."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Despite all the debris that fells from above Thistle is able to easily patch everyone up. Looking over the area above the trap door you can see what little remains of a long collapsed guard post and an attached walkway through an open doorway. The walkway is still intact and runs along the room approximately twenty feet off of the ground. The wooden floor of this walkway seems intact, although here and there the moldy, sodden timbers sag ominously.

The walkway provides a good look out across the grounds of Harrowstone. You can tell it the walkway saw a fair amount of use in its day.

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela: -1 HP
Delixia: 2 Wis Damage, -4 HP
Thistle: 2 Wis Damage
Kisasi: -9 HP
Smaranda: Cursed, Filth Fever

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Well, that was less than useful. I think we are finished here. Shall we return to Kendra's and get some sleep?"

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi leads the our wounded and weary party out of Harrowstone's gate, down the hill, and back into town. The Lorrimor residence is a welcome site and the sights and sounds of a village preparing for their evening activities is of blessed relief.

Kendra greets you with a warm welcome until she catches full sight of you all. "My you do look like you've been put through the ringer today. Come, get yourself cleaned up and I will have supper ready for you all soon."

"It also appears that you have brought back many treasures and trinkets from within Harrowstone's walls. Feel free to put them in the sitting room and we can go over what you found and did this day after supper."

As you all separate to clean up and prepare yourself for supper Kendra draws Smaranda aside and whispers.

Whisper to Smaranda:
"You look much the worse for wear. Should I send for Father Grimburrow?"

If no has anything else they wish to do today then I will move us into the next day Sunday evening.

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela: -1 HP
Delixia: 2 Wis Damage, -4 HP
Thistle: 2 Wis Damage
Kisasi: -9 HP
Smaranda: Cursed, Filth Fever


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda looks at Kendra with huge, fearful eyes. "He... he would help, you think?"

She had hoped that Miss Kendra might help, but of course the situation calls for a priest. Whatever it takes to rid her of this affliction, she thinks.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia agrees with Kisasi and helps lead the group back to their temporary resting location with Kendra. She lays out all of the gear for discussion after supper and then heads off to clean herself up. Bloodied and bruised, finds a location to bathe and get some rest before supper and then rejoins the group when it's time to eat.

Throughout the meal her head pounds with a headache and she has a hard time focusing on the discussion, but tries to keep an open mind and pay attention as much as possible. After the meal they discuss their events and findings this day, though Delixia contributes only partially to the conversation and lets the talkative short one do most of the work.

When evening is finally upon them she retires early to get some rest.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kendra takes time to listen to each of you in turn before also taking time to look over what you brought back. She is able to help in identifying a few things that you had not already figured out. The only piece she has trouble with is the warden's badge for which she has to cast a spell (Identify).

Badge of Warden Hawkran:

The golden badge of former Harrowstone Warden, Lyran Hawkran. It glows with a soft, golden light when used.

Metamagic , Ectoplasmic
Aura strong (no school)
CL 17th
Price 3,000 gp (lesser)
Weight 0.5 lbs.

Description
The wielder can cast up to three spells per day (up to 3rd level) that have full effect against incorporeal creatures as though using the Ectoplasmic Spell feat.

An ectoplasmic spell has full effect against incorporeal or ethereal creatures.

"Well this is rather fascinating. Given the nature of this country you may very well want to keep this close." Kendra runs a hand over the warden's badge as she sets it back on the table.

Kendra assists you with gathering up and securing your trove. "I am sure some of the shops in town would be willing to take some of these items off your hands but before you go and sell it all I would like to copy the spell book and any scrolls you found. If you would be so kind that is?"

Kendra then wishes you all a good night and says she will turn in shortly.

* * *

After a nights rest you are feeling slightly better. Everyone heals 4 hip points and 1 point of ability damage.

Smaranda: You need to make a DC 11 Fortitude save.

If you fail:
You take 1d3 ⇒ 1 Dexterity damage and 1d3 ⇒ 3 Constitution damage.

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela:
Delixia: 1 Wis Damage
Thistle: 1 Wis Damage
Kisasi: -5 HP
Smaranda: Cursed, Filth Fever


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

What do you wish to do with your time left in Ravengro?

Currently you are tasked with doing the following per Professor Petros Lorrimor's Will.
1) Seeing to Kendra Lorrimor for approximately 3 weeks yet.
2) Deliver the following tomes to Montagnie Crowl, a professor of antiquities at Lepidstadt University: On Verified Madness, Serving Your Hunger, and The Umbral Leaves.
3) Deliver the fourth tome to Embreth Daramid. The note with this tome asks for this delivery in particular to be handled discreetly, and includes the address of Embreth’s home so that you can deliver it there.

Smaranda: Until you are cured of the Filth Fever (making two consecutive saving throws or having the disease magically cured) or are killed by it, you will need to make a DC 11 Fortitude saving throw at the start of each day.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi looks over the badge, and offers it to the group. [b]"This would be quite handy in my line of work, although really, my spells and skills are already honed to dealing with creatures of this type. But if any of you fell you can make use of it, I strongly suggest you wear it. Harrowstone is clear, but it should be equally clear that this is not a lone occurrence in the world.

Happy to rest and recuperate for a few days, he realizes that Smaranda is battling some illness, and he tries to help take care of her.

Each day, he will help try and promote her healing, casting Inflict Light Wounds to heal any continuing damage, and also cast guidance for the daily save, if that works.
Heal, take 10: 10 + 6 = 16


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

I think it makes the most sense just to continue down the list in order. We're already concurrently doing #1, so we'll move on to #2 next.

Delixia does what she can to help Smaranda as she works through her sickness. "I do no think we should set out again until she is fully healed. Let her have some bed rest to recover from her ordeal."

I'll also treat disease on Smaranda, either assisting Kisasi or providing her own. In addition, I'll cast guidance on her as well. That should give her +5 on the saves.

Treat Disease, Take 10: 10 + 9 = 19


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda is more than happy to rest for a while, as the incursions into Harrowstone had been very taxing on both the body and the mind. And being cared for by others is truly a novel experience, one that she is determined to savour for as long as it lasts. She's a bit restless to stay in bed beyond the sleep period, so she shuffles around the house wrapped in a huge comforter, coughing and sneezing occasionally. She doesn't have much appetite, but makes sure to drink considerable quantities of tea, nibbling on any accompanying biscuits or cookies.

Another Fort save, if needed: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
And another: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 !!!

The attentive care of Kisasi, Delixia and the others, as well as having a safe environment to recover from the horrors of the haunted prison allow Smaranda to shake off the illness in only a few days.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

That are some amazing rolls there my friend! Well done!


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

The next morning, Thistle used his channeled energy from Desna to put everyone's mental state aright, or at least back to a local normal. As soon as he noticed Smaranda having health issues, Thistle put into practice his healing knowledge, gained at a ruinous expense of his free time int he fields outside the abbey.

treat disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
treat disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia makes sure to repeatedly point out Thistle's shortcomings and less than efficient approach in treating their monk's disease.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi shakes his head and chuckles, which may be the most light-hearted thing you have ever seen him do.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

After several days of rest and the combined care delivered by several members of the party Smaranda is able to recover from the filth fever she had contracted during the fight with The Splatter Man.

On the fifth day after you helped clear the prison of its haunts Kendra escorts Smaranda to the local Temple of Pharasma where Father Grimburrow awaits her arrival. The old man greets Kendra and turns to Smaranda. "It would appear that you had some difficulties in your endeavors here in Ravengro. Would you be willing to tell me how you came to have those holes in your body? It would allow me to determine what I can potentially do to help you."

You also have time to sell what items you wish.

Ravengro Marketplace:

[b]Base Value
1,000 gp; Purchase Limit 5,000 gp; Spellcasting 4th
Minor Items masterwork full plate, +1 light steel shield, +1
silver morningstar, +1 rapier, incense of meditation, dusty rose
prism ioun stone, ring of feather falling, wand of cat’s grace
(13 charges), wand of cure moderate wounds (19 charges);
Medium Items flesh golem manual, scroll of restoration,
wand of slow (6 charges)

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela:
Delixia:
Thistle:
Kisasi:
Smaranda: Cursed


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Slowly and haltingly, Smaranda relates the events that took place in the bowels of the prison complex, resorting to gestures when words fail her. She feels more at ease with Father Grimburrow, who had helped her when she had first arrived in Ravengro. Eager to prove that his trust was not misplaced, she starts telling him of the haunts and the powerful spirits they had vanquished.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Joe - Your Marketplace spoiler doesn't work.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Nah, it did. There's just nothing in the Ravengro market :p

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Marketplace
Base Value 1,000 gp; Purchase Limit 5,000 gp; Spellcasting 4th
Minor Items masterwork full plate, +1 light steel shield, +1 silver morningstar, +1 rapier, incense of meditation, dusty rose prism ioun stone, ring of feather falling, wand of cat’s grace (13 charges), wand of cure moderate wounds (19 charges);
Medium Items flesh golem manual, scroll of restoration, wand of slow (6 charges)

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Father Grimburrow escorts Smaranda into a back room of the temple of Pharasma. "Young lady please remove your outer garments, get onto the the table, and lay the sheet you see there over yourself. I will return momentarily."

After several minutes Father Grimburrow returns bearing a scroll. He knocks a bit of dust off of the seal holding it closed and sets it on a small side table. He then checks to make sure the sheet is properly draped and Smaranda is decently covered. "Just lay still and hope that Pharasma allows her blessing on you."

Grimburrow turns and picks the scroll up off of the table. He breaks the seal unfurling the scroll in front of himself. "In dark times one turns to faith. Faith waits unyielding and ready to accept all who come to it. Today you have come to the house of the Lady of Graves seeking her divine intervention. Let us see if she will give it unto you this day."

Fath Grimburrow lays his hand on Smaranda's forehead as he speaks aloud from the scroll.

"In the name of Pharasma, I rebuke and banish from you all curses, hexes, spells and malefice. In the name of Pharasma, I rebuke and banish from you all voodoo practices, black magic and witchcraft. In the name of Pharasma, I rebuke and banish from you all devilish rituals, blood oaths and unholy soul ties. In the name of Pharasma, I rebuke and banish from you all diabolical incantations, infestations and oppressions. In the name of Pharasma, I rebuke and banish from you all evil wishes, and the evil eye. In the name of Pharasma, I take authority over all of them and I command that they go back where they came from and be replaced with your blessing."

DC 14 Remove Curse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda frowns as she is asked to remove her clothes, but follows instructions, not wishing to antagonize the priest. Magic was magic, no? Thistle and Delixia had used magic on her and never asked her to remove her clothes. But perhaps this ritual was different.

The incantation is long and full of words she doesn't know. And by the time it is over she doesn't feel any different.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Father Grimburrow looks flummoxed that his call for divine intervention didn't seem to be heard by Pharasma. He heaves a heavy sigh before saying "You can get dressed. I am sorry that Pharasma did not lend her divine aid to you. It may possibly be my fault as I am not looked to kindly upon these days by the church." With that he turns and leaves which leaves you alone to dress and depart the temple.

As you depart you are met by Kendra who gives you a friendly hug around your shoulders. "You don't look happy. How did it go?"

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela:
Delixia:
Thistle:
Kisasi:
Smaranda: Cursed


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda sighs as she returns Kendra's hug.

"Pharasma didn't give her blessing. I guess, I'm stuck like this."

But then gives the woman a small half-smile, as if to say "oh well".


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Father Turnbuckle tried, but he thinks it is his standing with the church that is interfering with his call for aid. Personally, I doubt that. From what I know about Pharasma, she has little liking for her worldly clergy, and their strict rules. But, I suppose she knows that every god must have an organized base of faith, or risk losing their status as a prime deity. Besides, there's always tomorrow. And at least the holes don't hurt, right Smaranda? I mean, sure, they are unsightly and look horrifying, but they don't actually hurt, and I think that is a very important point to focus on just now. But tomorrow, yes there is tomorrow."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

As the days pass you find time to sell items that you found within the prison and talk with the locals. You are able to learn what is available for sale throughout the village and how much the current owners are asking for each of those items (normal cost to buy).

Also Kendra is able talk Father Grimburrow into coming to her home to try again with Smaranda but it takes a week and half of daily prodding and conjuling to get him to agree to it.

DC 14 Remove Curse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Unfortunately the Pharasman priest's second attempt at removing the curse laid upon Smaranda fairs no better than the first time. Father Grimburrow leaves disappointed and morose.

***

As your time in Ravengro draws nigh you begin making preparations to leave this village behind. Now is your chance to buy or sell any thing that you may want before you head out on the road to continue this adventure.

The day before you are set to depart Ravengro a cabal of townsfolk present you with a reward for helping bring and end to the odd happenings and hauntings that have plagued Ravengro and Harrowstone for many years. The party is given a total of 360 gold pieces. That night a messenger arrives just as the sun is setting and delivers a letter to you all. The messenger navers speaks and is dressed in tailored black and silver livery. He leaves as quickly as he appeared.

The Letter:
To whom it may concern,

If you are reading this, then congratulations. The ghosts of Harrowstone have been banished, and you are in all likelihood the ones responsible. I am impressed by your victory; enough so to nearly eclipse the fact that I would much have preferred your quest to fail. Please don't be offended by this; I have nothing against you personally, but I was rather looking forward to observing the unleashing of Harrowstone's spirits, and the resulting effects on Ravengro.

I suppose I should explain a few things. Firstly, as you may have already surmised, the previous visitors to Harrowstone, the ones whose actions precipitated the threat to Ravengro, were there at my behest. That being said, however, the endangerment of the town was in no way my, or their, intention. The mission they were there on was not of your concern; suffice it to say they accomplished their goals and departed, unaware of the potential consequences to the prison's ghostly inhabitants. It was only while reviewing their actions that I realized the opportunity which they had accidentally unlocked-- the chance to witness firsthand the spectral multitudes being freed of their shackles and, more than likely, claiming Ravengro as a literal ghost town. I thought it unlikely that any of Ravengro's inhabitants possessed the intellect to discern what was going on, or the skill to prevent it; yet knew that outside interference might still prevent the release of the spirits, hence this letter.

I want you to know that, had this spectral emancipation been my primary intent, I would have been most angry with you, and felt obligated to destroy you for your interference. Fortunately for you, my lost opportunity was an unlooked-for one, and hence my only emotion at its loss is mild disappointment. Therefore, I bear you no ill will, and indeed hope that, should our paths cross again, that our interests might be more aligned to each other. Your triumph in Harrowstone marks you as a cut above the verminous rabble who largely populate this world, and I would much prefer to know those of such potential as allies rather than foes. Still who can say what the future holds?

Best wishes,

A.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

During the days of rest, Kisasi continues to heal wounds and read as much of Kendra's library as he can. Helping to sell off some of the items that should be of little use, he also purchases some silvered and cold iron based bolts for his crossbows. Given some of the information in his readings, he feels this may be helpful.

Kisasi growls as he reads the letter. "I haven't a clue what this person refers to, but anyone willing to unleash the undead is a danger and should be dealt with. Alas, with little to go on, and our mission to deliver these books, it will need to wait."

Packing up the volumnes and thanking Kendra profusely for all of her help, Kisasi is ready to make the journey.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda is just as morose as Father Grimburrow at the failure to lift her curse and the continuation of her condition. While it is true that her wounds do not cause her much pain, she does feel weak and sluggish.

She is surprised and grateful for the townsfolk's gift of coin; she had never expected payment for their efforts, but this practical appreciation of the results gives her some new thoughts. Perhaps this could be a way of life for her - helping resolve problems that others cannot, or will not, deal with. The feeling of having been helpful is certainly nice, and the coin doesn't hurt to have. Indeed, it is more money than she has ever seen, let alone possessed.

The letter she is not so sure what to make of. If she understands rightly, the author wanted the Harrowstone spirits to be free...? But why? What she does know is that she does not like this A. person, whoever they are. Maybe A for arrogant. Or ass.

However, she feels that they have overstayed their welcome in Ravengro. As nice and welcoming as Kendra has been, the town doesn't love them, she can feel that, despite their show of gratitude. And it was time they were on their way to fulfill the other one of the Professor's requests - delivering those tomes.

Smaranda doesn't claim anything else from the loot sheet, but we should keep the healing and restoration items.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia is furious (more so than normal) at the letter.

Holding the letter in her hands and reading it again for the fourth time, her face still turns red in anger. She holds the letter in her right hand high above her head, "UN-BE-LIEVABLE!"

She clenches her hand which crumbles the letter slightly and throws it to the ground. "Why, if I ever get my hands on this A-person. THIS THING. I'm going to knock the intellect right out of him! And to write a letter to us?! THE NERVE!"

The inquisitor slams the door and storms from the house to go on a walk and calm herself down. She returns an hour later, quiet and keeps to herself. She packs her belongings and prepares for the upcoming trip.

When it's time to depart she thanks Kendra and makes her promise to stay safe and keep a low profile.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You may be able to learn a little about your upcoming journey, and about the burghers of Lepidstadt, from local people in Ravengro.

DC 10 Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local):
The distance from Ravengro to Lepidstadt is about 100 miles. No journey in Ustalav is without risk, but the old Mountain Road is generally regarded as the best route. This road follows the southeastern foothills of the Tusk Mountains, passing through the towns of Tamrivena and Courtaud before following the Lesser Moutray River up to Lepidstadt.

DC 15 Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local):
The city of Lepidstadt is currently the scene of intense local excitement. The dreaded Beast of Lepidstadt—a terrifying abomination that has terrorized the people of Vieland for years—has been captured. Hundreds of people have flocked to the city hoping to catch a glimpse of the horror and watch it burn for its crimes.

***

Kendra helps you load the small oak and iron bound chest filled with the books you are tasked with returning to people in Lepidstadt (See the notes for each book in the Loot Tracker.). She wishes you safe travels and advises that you may yet see her again as she will be attending some classes at Lepidstadt University and visiting a few friends of her late father that reside in the city.

It is approximately a six and a half day walk from Ravengro to Lepidstadt. How do you wish to travel there? A map of Ustalav is available at the top of the page.

_____________________________________________
Character Status

Mihaela:
Delixia:
Thistle:
Kisasi:
Smaranda: Cursed


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Oh, Lepidstadt sounds like a lovely place. I haven't been there myself, but now Desna is blessing me with the opportunity to travel and seek out new sights and learn new things. Praise Desna! And, it's only a hundred miles away, up what the locals call the 'Old Mountain Road'. I should pack away a few books to read to you along the way. Oh, and we'd better be prepared for trouble. Some locals talked about a 'Beast of Lepidstadt' terrorizing the area. It was recently captured, so I doubt we'll have any problems with it."

thistle happily packed away the tomes that Kelendra gave him, then waved goodbye cheerily as they set out. Within a few strides he was already talking animatedly about a book he once read about traveling the roads as an adventuring party.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda is eager to move on; when she was with the Varisian caravan they rarely stayed long in one place, and she has itchy feet again. On the other hand, leaving the safe, welcoming space that was the Professor and Kendra's house is hard - it is one of the very few places where she had felt accepted.

Upon their departure, she hugs Kendra tightly, muttering something that can't be quite made out, then sets out alongside the others. A few dozen paces down the road she stops to retie her laces, surreptitiously running her elbow across her face. A small sniffling sound can be heard.

"I know the road, been on it. Is not a bad road."

According to Smaranda's backstory, she's been to the town of Tamrivena at least, so should be somewhat familiar with the region.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Seeing Delixia's outburst, she quickly reads the letter and frowns. "It is polite?" she offers helplessly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (lol)

Mihaela excuses herself to learn about Lepidstadt from the townsfolk, she returns disappointed, only learning that old man Will is suffering from a case of hemorrhoids, The tavern by the barn is closing up shop due to an infestation of rats, and gossip that Father Grimburrow has a bastard child with the local barmaid which from your sources, sounds extremely dubious at best.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia asks around about the trip to Lepidstadt on her walk and picks up a few pieces of information. Thistle apparently already knows that and more.

Shocker.

When confronted with the discussion around how they should get there, Delixia panics internally as she waits for the mention of using those dreadful horses. "We should get walking, it's a long trip."

I'm assuming if we have a heavy iron chest that we have wagon of some kind we're pulling behind a creature but the rest of us are walking? Do we have access to horses?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The only chest you officially have is the iron bound oak chest which contains the four tomes you are to return as directed by Professor Petros Lorrimor. The chest is small enough that it can be carried using both hands if you so desire.

Otherwise you can arrange for the loan of a farmers cart and a horse to pull the cart. Cost of the cart and horse is 1 cp per day per person. The cart would also allow you room for carrying camping supplies and rations for your trip.

Day 1 on the Road

The early part of your journey to Lepidstadt passes without event. You all see fewer and fewer people and more and more ruins, trees, and marshes as you go. Your travel is slow but steady as the cart travels at a brisk 2 miles per hour while being pulled by a docile draft horse.

Your first day of travel finds you just southwest of the ruins once known as Clover's Crossing.

DC 10 Knowledge (history):
It began with a shudder the whole village felt, an unprecedented but soon forgotten tremor. A week later, a sinkhole swallowed the church house during ceremonies, killing the town’s priest and most devout residents. Soon after, screams filled the night, and the paths of dragged bodies led to the churchyard, where every grave bore either the mark of morbid subsidence, or yawned open, transformed into gateways into a chthonic nightmare. None can say when the ghouls came or how many lurk beneath Clover’s Crossing, but what was once a peaceful refuge of the living is now a den of the dead.

I will leave to you all as to whether or not your wish to set up a watch while your spend you first night camped off the side of the road. Also feel free to flesh out your camp experience with stories, doing downtime tasks such as crafting, etcetera.

GM:

Random Encounter Chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Random Encounter in Canterwall: 1d100 ⇒ 10
# of Farmers: 1d6 ⇒ 1

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,798 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.