Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Big Joe

Ustalav Map
Lepidstadt

Loot Tracker

Clover's Crossing former Church of Pharasma

Initiative Rolls
[dice=Delixia]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Kisasi]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mihaela]1d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Smaranda]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Thistle]1d20+4[/dice]


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,798 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Kisasi talks as he packs his gear.

"The distance from Ravengro to Lepidstadt is about 100 miles. No journey in Ustalav is without risk, but the old Mountain Road is generally regarded as the best route. This road follows the southeastern foothills of the Tusk Mountains, passing through the towns of Tamrivena and Courtaud before following the Lesser Moutray River up to Lepidstadt. We should hire a horse and cart to make things easier."

After doing so, and bidding Kendra farewell, Kisasi loads up the cart that he paid 2 months in advance. (6 gp, if I have it correct?). He also purchases a few tents and blankets, tindertwigs, and some rations.

As they approach the ruins, he continues his lecture, inadvertently imitating the professor's delivery.

"It began with a shudder the whole village felt, an unprecedented but soon forgotten tremor. A week later, a sinkhole swallowed the church house during ceremonies, killing the town’s priest and most devout residents. Soon after, screams filled the night, and the paths of dragged bodies led to the churchyard, where every grave bore either the mark of morbid subsidence, or yawned open, transformed into gateways into a chthonic nightmare. None can say when the ghouls came or how many lurk beneath Clover’s Crossing, but what was once a peaceful refuge of the living is now a den of the dead."

As they pull over, he helps setup camp. Using the Stone of Alarm, he puts it on the latch of the chest. "Can't imagine anyone out here wants these, but just in case? Command word is snickerdoodle."

"I don't know that I believe the stories completely, but I have seen enough undead in my existence to at least be wary. I'll take the first watch, if you like."

As the others settle down for sleep, he does cast a few detect undead spells around the perimeter of the camp, just to put himself a little more at ease.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Now that they were on the road, she felt in her element, and she had been looking forward to sharing a campfire with her companions, perhaps a few stories as well. She gives a little smile as she remembers the firelit evenings with the caravan, filled with song and laughter and tales and... well, other things that the travellers did amongst them.

But after hearing Kisasi's tale of ghouls and holes in the earth, Smaranda's mood darkens. The girl volunteers for the second watch, and her sleep until her turn comes is restless.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

While traveling on the road, Delixia prefers to keep her spoken words to a minimum. She lets Kisasi and Thistle handle all of the talking and is thankful for the moments of rare silence held in between. It's tough to keep your guard up while traveling all day, but she does her best to stay vigilant throughout the trip. One never knows of the trouble waiting around the next bend.

When nightfall comes, she let's Kisasi and Smaranda take the first two shifts and volunteers for the third.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle volunteers for the last watch, since he needed to pray and prepare spells at dawn anyways. That let him get uninterrupted sleep, which the gnarf preferred over interrupted sleep any day of the week.

For dinner, he prepared a nice fryup of eggs, sausages, tomatoes, and a small pot of the sweet beans that he had purchased at the market. It was nice to have fresh rations, but he knew it wouldn't last. A few days and they'd be eating dried bread and hard sausages...or something like that.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela awakes to the smell of Thistle's breakfeast. Yawning, "Oh, that smells absolutely delicious!" As she makes her way to the cooking dwarf. {b]"Thisty, I didn't realize you could also cook! Do you need any help with anything?"[/b] She smiles to the rest of the group as they follow their noses to Thistle's breakfeast.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

During the first few hours of the night Kisai takes note of a local farmer from Ravengro parked off the road just a few hundred yards ahead of where you stopped for the night. He is asleep under his cart and its draft horse is staked off in a small clearing. The cart is loaded with what appear to be burlap bags of seed or possibly fruits or vegetables.

As Thistle cooks breakfast the next morning the farmer rides past and gives you a friendly wave as he carries on down the road towards Ravengro.

GM:

Random Encounter Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 64

The morning of your second day is spent on the road once more. You skirt around the remains of Clover's Crossing in the early hours of the day and take note of where the road used to go when it passed through the former village. Now all that remains is little more than an overgrown cart path with a hand painted warning sign near the main road. The sign reads "Turn back! Only death awaits."

Do you want to investigate Clover's Crossing or continue on along the road?


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

I'm all for investigating unless anyone would rather stick to the road?


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda looks conflicted as she gazes at the sign. If there were indeed undead in Clover's Crossing, she would like nothing better than to stomp them into fine dust. On the other hand, they did have a task to complete and no good reason for a detour. In the end, she would follow the others in whatever course they decide upon, not being in her character to make suggestions.


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Seeing Smaranda gaze at the sign, "It seems like we should go take a look." Mihaela notes. She begins to turn towards Clover's Crossing, alert.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"I think Mihaela is quite correct. Any time adventurers find a sign saying 'keep away', they are morally obligated to look. It's in all the books. Even this one."

Thistle rooted around in his pack and came out with a rather badly mauled book of only a few dozen pages. As he held it up, you could clearly read the title.

The Bedwetter Chronicles: Book 1 - Of How The Author Went Adventuring And Learned Things Before Yet Thought To Be Legend Were Actually True

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

You turn and go around the warning sign. As you make your way along the overgrown road the passage becomes tight with plant life as nature seeks to reclaim what man had once sought to control. You pass former farms that uses to ring the village and can see the remains of what were once homes scattered about in the former farm fields.

As you approach the village proper you can take note that the village appears utterly abandoned. No sign of animal or human life is seen during your approach.

The homes you first encounter stand open and abandoned. Roofs are partially collapsed. The first shops you see show no sign looting but have obviously been picked over for gear and supplies needed to travel out of town. Looking further down the street into the town square you can seen a gaping hole in the ground yawing wider than any building you have yet seen here in town.

Sunlight filters down through the leaves that cover the various trees that grow here in the midst of the village. The weather is cool and dry.

Everyone can make a perception check.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

The lack of sound from birds was unsettling, and Smaranda looks around with unease, skirting the hole at a safe distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Perception Checks
Delixia: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Kisasi: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Mihaela: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Thistle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

You are able to spot flickers of movement within the darkened interiors of the buildings near the remains of the town square. You also are overcome with a foreboding feeling of something watching you from within that same darkness. If the rumors and tales of this place are to be believed it may possibly be one ghoul or per chance even dozens of them.

DC 11 Knowledge (religion):
Ghouls are a medium undead. Thess humanoid creatures have long, sharp teeth, and pallid flesh stretched tightly over their starved frames. It is said that the very touch of a ghoul is capable of paralyzing its prey but who knows as so few that have encountered one live to tell the tale.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Know religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"Take care, but I think we were right to come and cleanse this place."

Loading his crossbow, he looks for a more isolated, edge building to begin the hunt. He casts detect undead to confirm suspicions.

"Let's try not to get surrounded, right?"

Then he casts Protection from Evil on Smaranda. "Try not to let them touch you..."


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela slides her dagger out. "Something doesn't feel right... I can't put my finger on it." she releases a detect magic to feel for any magical auras in the area. "What was that?" she points at a building. "I swear I saw movement..."


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Nodding Delixia pulls out her new +1 silver morningstar to the ready. [b]"Careful with ghouls everyone. Their touch can be paralyzing."/b] Looking to Thistle, Delixia ponders whether she can harvest ghoul poison to paralyze Thistle's vocal cords.

Worth looking into.

Putting that aside for now, Delixia takes the lead and pushes ahead and leads the party towards the flicker of movement.

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda's weapons are her fists and feet (and elbows, and knees, and sometimes other parts of her body), so her way of getting ready for trouble is pulling her hands out of her pockets. She balls them into fists and watches the spots where she had seen movement.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

k. religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Oh, ghouls! Nasty creatures. If they claw you, there is a significant chance that you may be paralyzed. In fact, that is the major premise behind the play O Bother, Where Art Thou, as a man stands stock still for the entire two hours of the play, while remembrances of his life are acted about him. Quite the interesting phenomena, I should say. Apparently, the lead takes a special paralysis potion before the show, leaving only his head able to function."

Thistle will cast Bless on the party if he thinks combat is imminent


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

"Ghouls!?" she exclaims, "I hate ghouls... I was once staying in a village that got overrun by ghouls, I barely escaped with a few of the women and children. Bless their hearts, I hope they managed to find a new home."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

She tries to keep a close watch to not get surprised.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

The party slips through the darkened doorway of a partially collapsed home from the sun bespeckled tree canopy shaded street. A gentle breeze stirs the leaves on weeds that have grown through various cracks between floorboards and in the small piles of dirt that have gathered on what remains of furniture. Bundles of old thatch lay scattered about.

Kisasi:
Your Detect Undead spell gives you just enough warning to pull Delixia back away from the doorway she is about to step through into a dark interior room of the former home.

The party pushes through the two front rooms of the form home and begins to make there way towards the rear of the home. Just as Delixia is about to lead the way through Kisasi grabs her by the collar and drags her back by force. You hear a hiss as if someone or something was suddenly deprived of its prize and a quick scramble of limbs thumping across the floor.

For those with Darkvision:
Before you, you can see the black and white silhouette of what appears to be an emaciated human drop down from the above the doorway and scamper through another doorway to the West side of the home as Delixia is pulled back from what could of been a horrifying fate.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Smaranda points to where the creature had disappeared to and raises one finger.

Knowledge religion, what was that?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Something is in there...or was at any rate. hold on for just a moment."

Thistle grabbed a stone, cast a Light cantrip on it, and tossed it into the room.

"Proceed. Also, you may want to know that whatever it was was hiding among the rafters, and scampered out through that door over there."


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia grunts softly ask she is yanked back by Kisasi. She opens her mouth to speak when she hears the hiss and scurry on the floor. She studies the creature the best she can, trying to get a good luck at it. [smaller]"What was that?" she whispers.

K: Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Weapon at the ready she searches for signs of whatever that was and grinds her teeth. [b]"Most certainly. We are not along, be at your ready!"[b/] she says pressing forward.

Delixia studies the area for interesting items and traps Taking 20+9=29 and finding nothing of interest casts shield of faith on herself, leading the way forward. AC now 22 for 4 minutes.

Delixia Stat Stuff:

AC: 22 (Shield of faith, 4 minutes)
HP: 35
L2: 2/2
L1: 3/4


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Mihaela bumps her head on a protruding beam. "Ow...." she mutters softly, as she sees the lit stone from Thistle fly in front. She quickly pulls out her dagger and also casts Light on it and holds it in front as a torch.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"It was undead, to be sure."

Kisasi prepares his crossbow and is ready. "I don't know if we can draw it out."

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Sweeping forth into the now lit room you find it empty. Devoid of furniture or any other knick knacks the room seems both hallow and lifeless. You can see where the the creature had clutched onto an exposed timber above the doorway into the room as it prepared to surprise the unwary Delixia. The timber is scratched and slightly splintered.

DC 20 Perception:
You locate a discreetly placed loose floor board in the northwest corner of the floor. Moving the floor bloard you find an empty space that looked as if was once a possible safe space for family valuables.

DC 15 Perception:
Listening you catch a several distinct faint thumps and scratches that sound as if they may possibly be more than a single creature hiding in the dark beyond the light of both the dagger and stone.

As you check the room and prepare yourselves to enter the dark of the room beyond this one the entire building shudders and suddenly lurches into the ground.

What will you do?


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Smaranda nudges a loose floorboard with her foot, uncovering a hiding place that once might have held valuables. Her head comes up sharply as she seems to listen intently, then she points into the darkness, her expression tense.

As the building shudders and shifts, the girl looks very alarmed and ready to bolt outside.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

perception DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

perception DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Thistle was in the process of pointing out the hidden pocket under the floorboard when Smaranda went and kicked it open. Ah well, maybe there was another around here somewhere. The gnarf continued to look around, but didn't find any more. He was so caught up in his investigation that he missed the initial trembling of the building. It wasn't until the whole thing lurched into the ground that he noticed anything amiss. He grabbed onto the nearest person, Mihaela, and held on tight.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Kisasi moves quickly out the front. "I don't know what that was, but I am not staying in here to find out!"


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Delixia misses the hidden floorboard, but luckily Thistle and Smaranda caught sight of it. When the room begins to shudder she grabs a hold of the wall and turns around to face everyone. "What's that?!" she yells as she tries to identify the source. "Is the building coming down? Should we get out?"

Do you mean to say the building we are in is falling apart/shaking or the room in front of us sank into the ground?

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

It was the building itself that seemed to luarch towards the ground as if it was swallowed up by it. So yes in a sense it is falling apart/shaking.

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering):
Looking at the tilt of the room you are in now and judging by the violence of the building shift you get the distinct impression that this building is being pulled into the earth below it. If this continues the home is most likely to collapse and severely injure anyone caught in the collapsing debris.

Everyone sees Kisasi bolt out of the room and can hear his footfalls becoming fainter as he moves away from you all. Meanwhile Thistle has firmly attached himself to Mihaela like a ships anchor causing both of their movements to be slowed.

Mihaela and Thistle: So long as Thistle maintains his grasp on Mihaela you both lose 10 feet of movement speed.

Delixia and Smaranda look frightened at the sudden turn of events but remain rooted to their spots in the room.

A second violent shudder rushes through the former home this time followed by a sharp crack. Everyone but Kisasi can clearly see the large crack now running through the ceiling and several of the timbers that help keep the ceiling in place bowing. The floor beneath your feet now has a noticeable tilt as if you were on the deck of a wave tossed ship.

Kisasi:
From just outside the former home you can see that the whole of the building is being pulled into a widening sinkhole.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

For once speaking in a normal tone of voice, Smaranda gasps "Run!" before following her own advice and rushing outside after Kisasi.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Finally realizing what is happening, Delixia turns towards the exit and moves as quickly as she can out of the room with the others. She shouts "GO!

Any checks we need to make? My movement is 20'/round.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

[ooc]Nope. The home is not overly big. You can make it out with a double move.[/b]


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle did what no one, least of all him, ever expected....he listened to DAY-LIX-EE-AH. Releasing his death grip on Mihaela, the gnarf bolted for the safety of the doorway, determined to get outside before the building collapsed on him.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Just after Thistle clears the front door of the former residence the home gives way with a crash. The ground swallows up the fallen dwelling and settles with a dust plume billowing in the air. The world becomes still once more. For a few brief moments you stare with a bit of disbelief at the new pile of debris resting in the hole while glancing back and forth at one another.

The lonely call of a Whippoorwill echos through the former village of Clover's Crossing. A stark reminder of Pharasma's presence in the world and of life and death itself.

The village square contains the remains of a half dozen buildings. A prominent home, a former tavern, a general store, a bank of Abadar, an inn, and the remains of the town's former church and cemetery. Sprawled out from the town square are various homes, businesses, and shops.

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"Does it seem an odd coincidence to anyone else that this building was destroyed moments after we entered?"

Kisasi starts casting detect undead repeatedly, trying to discover where the shadowy creature went.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Kisasi:
Casting detect undead off in various cardinal directions picks up no sign of active undead activity within the area of the spell. You do get a faint aura of undead activity with every casting through as if the town itself has seen enough activity that traces of it just linger in the vary air here.

What is the plan folks? Do you want to investigate further or get back on the road to you next destination?


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia nods several times before responding. "I agree. Let me search for magical auras."

Delixia studies her surroundings and uses detect magic as she moves around trying to pinpoint anything peculiar or out of the ordinary. If there is no sign of anything, she suggests they check out the other buildings starting with the general store.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia:
You detect a strong magical aura coming from within the remains of the Church of Pharasma.

Delixia moves carefully around to the front of each of the buildings that still front the square in the abandoned former town of Clover's Crossing. As she reaches the front of the former Church of Pharasma she comes to stops and waves you all over to take position behind her.

Looking towards church you see a stone building of gothic style. A lone spire dominates its facade. Stain glass windows set into the spire depict the three visages of Pharasma She is depicted as a midwife, a mad prophet, and a reaper of the dead. Her visage usually has gray skin, white eyes, and white hair. As the midwife, she is efficient and severe, hair pulled back and arms bare from hands to the elbows. Pregnant women often carry tokens of this image on long necklaces to protect their unborn children and grant them good lives. As the prophet, Pharasma is wild-eyed and tangle-haired, and her words echo like thunder. As the reaper, she is tall and gaunt, with a hooded black gown and an hourglass with fast-flowing red sand, and is often shown seated on her throne and passing judgment on mortal souls. The double doors stand open and lead into the dark interior of the church.

A few creaks and pops are heard echoing off the still standing buildings and are emanating from the settling remains of the home you had been in just moments before.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

Thistle moved up behind DAY-LIX-EE-AH and prepared to cast a spell. Any spell. Well, maybe not any spell. After all, would create water even be useful here? He started to ask the nearest person about the efficacy of water in combat, but then realized the nearest person was DAY-LIX-EE-AH. He decided to look into that on his own later.


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

We could have really really clean zombies...?

Smaranda is hesitant to enter any building after their recent experience, so she just peers inside very intensely, trying to discern how unsafe it would be to step foot inside.

Perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

"What's got you bothered? I get a general sense of undead here, but am detecting no specific presence."

Crossbow ready, Kisasi suggests "Shall we have a look inside?" But he waits for another to lead the way.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia holds a hand up to pause before entering. "I'm detecting a strong magical aura coming inside the church, let me see if I can pinpoint it."

Delixia will hold the spell for another two rounds to identify the source of the magic.

Silver Crusade

Male Human Expert 5

Delixia:
The magical aura is strong and there is only one item being detected as magical. The aura is located just to the left of the entryway behind the wooden door of the church.

Standing just twenty or so feet back from the entrance into the church of Pharasma you note that the double doors of the church are open and that they open into the church rather than out away from the entrance. The doors themselves are iron bound wood and each bear the Spiral of Pharasma.

Darkvision:
Looking into the dark interior of the church you can see wooden benches, torch sconces on the columns that support the roof, and a slightly raised dias towards the front of the church.

DC 15 Perception or Sense Motive:
You get the distinct impression that something or perhaps several somethings await your entrance into the church.


Female Human Inquisitor 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 20 | T: 12 | FF: 18 | CMD: 16 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +6 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9

Delixia inform the part that the magical aura is strong and there is only one item being detected as magical. The aura is located just to the left of the entryway behind the wooden door of the church.

"We're going in, everyone ready?" Prebuff if you like, but Delixia intends to enter.

When everyone is ready, she will lead the group in, weapon in hand. If she is warned of trouble by a companion, she will cast protection from evil on herself before going in.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female Human Witch 4 | HP: 21/25 | AC:14/FF:11/T:13 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+5 | Init: +12 | Perc: +6 | Sanity 38/40

Peering over Smaranda's shoulder, she tries to look in. "It's too dark..." she mutters. She again lights up her dagger to use as a torch.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Uh, I think I saw something!" she hisses.

She quickly begins casting Resistance.

She will cycle a Resistance spell on everyone (Duration 60 seconds)


Dhampir Monk (Spirit Master) 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 16 T:16 FF:13 | F +5, R +6, W +3 (+2 vs. necromancy, disease and mind-affecting effects) | Init +4, Per +10 (darkvision) | CMD 26

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"They are waiting. Inside."

Seeing Delixia ready herself, Smaranda shrugs and rolls her shoulders a few times, to prepare for the upcoming confrontation.


CG Dwarven Cleric of Desna 4 | max HP: 31 | Sanity: 40/40 (2/20) | AC 19/12/17 | F:+5 R:+3 W:+6 | Init: +4 Per:+6

"Hello in there! My name is Thistle Winton, follower of Desna and scholar of the most interesting things. We don't wish to harm anyone we don't have to, but it seems like you might be scared of us. Don't be. We are all nice people..."

Thistle broke off and glanced at DAY-LIX-EE-AH before continuing.

"Well, most of us are at any rate. Why don't you come out to talk with us. If this is a holy site you'd rather us not enter, then we would be happy to abide by your wishes. We only saw the condition of this hamlet and thought to look into it and offer aid where we can."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Dark Archive

M CN Dhampir Kinslayer (Inquisitor) 4 | HP: 23/23 | Sanity: 44/44 (3/22) | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | F:+3 R:+4 W:+6 | Init: +5 Per:+11 SM: +9 | Active: none

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Kisasi will again detect for undead, and in either case, will cast Divine favor on himself just before entering.

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,798 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Big Joe's Carrion Crown Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.