Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

cynarion's Carrion Crown PbP

Game Master cynarion

Professor Lorrimor, the renowned investigator and arcanist, has died. You came to his home in the town of Ravengro to pay your respects, but quickly discovered there was more to the wily old man's death than met the eye...


151 to 200 of 2,685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Karrik, your Knowledge (local) roll doesn't reveal anything new. Raj's, on the other hand...

Raj:
The five most notorious prisoners in Harrowstone at the time of the great fire were Father Charlatan, the Lopper, the Mosswater Marauder, the Piper of Illlmarsh, and the Splatter Man.

You now have the information you need to research each one separately--and you'll need to do research to find anything more.

Everyone gains 50 XP.

Now I really should update the Campaign Info tab...


As Raj and Theron head out the door, Raj remarks, "Don't know if this'll help any in your search but the five most infamous gaol-birds I ever heard of were... Father Charlatan, a set of butchers called the Mosswater Marauder, the Lopper, and the Splatter Man... and a creepy bastard dubbed the Piper of Illlmarsh."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

GM's random chance roll:
1d100 ⇒ 6

Theron and Rajuna make their way slowly up toward the Restlands, nodding politely to passersby and generally trying to look and listen as much as possible while maintaining a low profile. By the time they head out past the northern edge of town, there are far fewer locals about and they can converse freely.

Essentially, you can have any conversation you like between the town and the Restlands without worrying about being overheard. The Restlands itself, though, usually has a fair few people going about their business--townsfolk visiting graves, folks on duty etc..

After a five-minute walk, the two companions reach the Restlands, where a sign--obscured by the rain this morning--marks the main path into the cemetery as 'The Eversleep'. Presumably one of the other paths is called 'The Black Path'.

Gravestones and monuments slide by on either side as Rajuna and Theron head deeper into the Restlands, jutting from the ground like broken teeth. Around them, a handful of townsfolk, quiet in their own grief, pay their respects. A caretaker trimming the grass around some of the graves nods curtly as they go past.

A large marble crypt looms on their right--at an intersection, it's true, but another sign marks the side path as 'The Dreamwake'. This is not the crypt they are looking for.

They continue on, and before long they reach the Professor's grave, where they stood only a few hours ago bidding farewell to a great man. Now, they know he was murdered by the nefarious adherents of the Whispering Way.

As they stand for a few moments contemplating the Professor's demise, Theron (with the better Perception) spots a sign just a little further down the Eversleep that marks another side path as 'The Black Path'. Next to the intersection is a squat grey granite mausoleum, all hard planes and angles, replete with leering gargoyles at the top. This must be what the Professor was referring to.

Here you are--the crypt mentioned in the Professor's note stands around sixty feet away. There are probably a dozen people in the Restlands itself moving around. Your intuition tells you they are already suspicious about having outsiders wandering around 'their' cemetery. Feel free to modify my description of your actions in any way you see fit--I just wanted to move you on to the point where you were able to make a decision about what to do next. Once you deal with your recon of the crypt, we'll go through your return journey. You have seen no sign of Gibs or his residence yet.


OK. I think Theron wants to have a little conversation on the way here, so to not throw things out of sync, I'm going to wait on that. Since we don't want to arouse more suspicion, I think we'll end the trip here at Doc's grave which should seem believable to the locals. While we 'mourn' Raj will be casting surreptitious glances around. He's looking for anything obvious about the crypt - is there a door or gate? Wood or stone? A lock? Is there a caretaker's hut or other building in sight that we will need to be careful of? Is there a way up here that isn't along the main road? Stuff like that.

Theron - do you want to set the scene and kick the chat off or shall I?


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Rose's voice is a muffled (Charlie Brown-esque) 'wha-wha-WHAA-wha-whawha-whaa' from his work down in the basement. He's far too engrossed in the Professor's projects to head up and understand what Rose is saying, and most of his gear lies neatly piled and completely forgotten on a stool in the corner.

Hope this is okay, Cyn… just having a little fun here. Let me know if you feel it's not within the right tone of your game. :)

-- cue montage of Karrik's work in the basement --

Camera cuts to a super-tight, sliding shot of a complex series of inter-connected glass vials and rubber hoses with turnkey-adjustable joints, all expertly rigged up on a complicated set of metal-and-wood lab stands. Karrik -- hands and forearms exposed by rolled-up sleeves -- stoops in to peer closely with goggled eyes at the complex set-up. He looks down, jots a note about the thick liquid, and goes back to study as the camera continues sliding, carrying him off-screen. Cuts to a second slow-rotating shot of… Karrik holds up a different beaker with thick-rubber lab gloves. This liquid is syrup-thick but mostly clear. He raises a liquid-dropper filled with a thinner amber liquid. Two drops of the amber fall from dropper to beaker. He waits, obviously expecting a reaction. When nothing happens, he pulls it in, sniffs, shakes his head in disappointment, and finishes with a few more notes. Cut to over-the-shoulder shot of… Karrik holds a sandwich to his lilps as he taps thoughtfully on the side of one of the beakers with his pen. On the third tap, he stops, a thought hitting him, and his sandwich goes back to the plate untouched as rifles through his piles of notes. Cut to same slow-rotating shot of… Karrik holds up the same thick liquid in the same rubber-gloved hand. The dropper -- now containing a thin emerald liquid -- is lowered to the beaker, two drops rolling out. Karrik waits as the emerald drops slow-motion slide into the sludge. Disappointment begins to register when… Cut to tight shot of the thick liquid. The emerald drops suddenly crystalize, then expand. The whole beaker begins to vibrate, then fizz, then a great gout of greenish-clear gunk explodes out the top, just missing the half-orc's face. He forgoes sniffing it as he smiles, nods, and jots down a final note. For good measure, he drips a drop of the volatile liquid on his still-undevoured sandwich… which quickly dissolves into a nasty sludge. Cut to over-head shot from the P.O.V. from the over-the-table candles. The array of beakers and bottles have been organized into three distinct projects along the table, each with its own set of tools, gloves, and pages of notes (not to mention one dissolved sandwich-remains). The half-orc carries over three large wooden crates full of varying size travel-beakers, rubber stoppers already in place. He puts on a pair of gloves, picks up one prepared vial, and begins carefully pouring one of the finished products as the screen fades to black.

-- end montage --

Karrik -- clean hands a surprising contrast to his dust-and-sweat-covered clothes and head -- climbs back through the basement door, closing it behind him. He smiles with a so-far-unseen eagerness, speaking to whomever is still around (or has already returned). "So the Professor left a few fun surprises, and I think I've made them serviceable. Give these Whisperers a few surprises of our own if we run into them."


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

A few minutes after Rajuna and Theron leave, Lem, Dragomir and (presumably?) Walter make their way to the Temple of Pharasma. The building is an imposing one, built of hard grey granite, and easily the largest building in the town. The eastern façade boasts a large circular stained-glass mural above the entrance depicting Pharasma judging a nobleman whose countenance seems aggrieved.

Knowledge (local) DC 15 or (history) DC 10:
The mural depicts Count Andachi, a former ruler of Canterwall responsible for one of the more unpleasant episodes in Ustalav's long history.

Inside, the temple somehow seems even larger. Massive columns along the length of the building support groin-vaulted ceilings a good sixty feet above your heads. Above the columns, large leadlight clerestory windows admit plenty of light, even on a dreary day like today. In front of you, a small lectern holds a large tome with gilt-edged pages. A breeze comes through the open doorway behind you and flips the pages over; the page now visible provides guidance on using a Harrow deck for divination, with the facing page depicting Pharasma--her hair and eyes wild in her aspect as goddess of prophecy--proffering the Uprising card.

A half-dozen grey-robed acolytes of Pharasma move calmly about the building, tending to mundane tasks. Father Grimburrow himself is not to be seen. You manage catch an acolyte's eye--a severe-looking woman makes her way over to you.

Yes? She is brusque in tone and manner, her steel-grey hair drawn back into a tight bun. Can I help you?


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Karrik wrote:

Hope this is okay, Cyn… just having a little fun here. Let me know if you feel it's not within the right tone of your game. :)

-- cue montage of Karrik's work in the basement --

Very CSI. Nice work, I like it. And as for tone, you guys set that just as much as I do. : )


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Rose Springdawn wrote:

Having seen to Kendra laying down, Rose returns to the main room to wait for Theron and Rajuna to return. She begins a simple look at some of the tomes and scrolls laying about. Speaking aloud, "There's much information here still, which may contain additional clues as to the Professor's research. We may want to start cataloguing the books and scrolls here, if for nothing else to help us find anything that may be of use. Perhaps while at The Unfurling Scroll we can pick up a few things to start, give Kendra a hand orgainzing everything as well." Rose continues looking at titles, looking for anything unusual or out of place, or anything related to the topics at hand.

** spoiler omitted **

As Rose sifts through the books and scrolls littering the Professor's residence, she quickly comes to see a pattern in the materials--they almost all relate to matters arcane, although there are more than a few works on thaumaturgy and the undead and the means for defeating them.

Any research done at the Professor's house grants a +2 bonus to Knowledge (arcana) checks.

One book catches Rose's eye as she sorts--it's written in Celestial, but from the Professor's notes in the margins it appears to be a compendium cataloguing varieties of vampires and their spawn. On one page, the Professor has written (and underlined several times):

The Professor's Note wrote:
Seek assistance from Arkminos?

The facing page has an illustration of a horrific, wrinkled vampire with pasty grey skin, yellowed teeth and oversized, pointed ears.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
Theron - do you want to set the scene and kick the chat off or shall I?

Hmm, I think having Theron start it off would fit best since he's the curious one. I'll try and edit it into this post. Might take a bit since I'm at work though XD


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2

Before heading out, Theron made sure to put his studded leather armor back on and then cover it with a cloak so that he could be less conspicuous. He starts this conversation when they are in between the town and the restlands.

Seeing that they were relatively alone, Theron decided that it was finally time to find out a bit more about Rajuna. Hints and educated guesses could only go so far after all, and it was nice to know who you were working with.

First, I'll need to make sure that he really was trying to send me a message. Especially since I was half way drunk.

"As a kid I always thought that Iomedeans were all knights in shining armor or hunters covered in weapons and holy symbols," Theron began. "Of course, when I was coming close to becoming an inquisitor myself, I realized that there was far more too it. There had to be less conspicuous people out there scouting and gathering information for the rest of us, or we wouldn't find a target half the time."

"I've been wondering what these people were like," Theron said, glancing at Rajuna as he spoke with a half smile.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose calls upon her Samsaran heritage, focusing on the words, understanding their meaning. As the words begin to form into words she can understand, she continues to read more of the book to find it's meaning.

Rose use Comprehend Language spell-like ability. I can only get 10minutes worth, so I'll focus on the page you specified as well as the surrounding others.


F Half orc Sorcerer 1

Not sure Flori can be any help.


Rajuna gives the Inquisitor an amused sideways glance. His scarf blocks the sight of his mouth but from the mirthful crow's feet crinkling the sides of his eyes, Theron is sure the scarred man is smiling. He switches faultlessly into Celestial.

"And lo, upon the shattered field of Encarthan they lay - mortal men, heaved up with great fear, and were almost unto death themselves. She called to them and they stood defiant before the benighted horde. Their only cry, 'Til dawn cometh!' "

Theron recognizes it is a direct quote from the Fourth Act of the Acts of Iomedae.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Know (Local) for the mural 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
"And lo, upon the shattered field of Encarthan they lay - mortal men, heaved up with great fear, and were almost unto death themselves. She called to them and they stood defiant before the benighted horde. Their only cry, 'Til dawn cometh!' "

"Act Four, Chapter Two of The Acts," Theron replied in celestial as well while trying hard not to laugh. "Well met brother. Did you enjoy my half drunken confusion when you gave me your hint earlier? I tell you, I'm never going to recover from those strict 'no alcohol' rules that they placed us under during our training..."

Theron would ask this next assuming he has a chance to ;) . He will keep speaking in celestial if you do the same, even though he thinks you're just having fun.

"So, I can't help but ask you, how did you come to work for Iomedae? From what I heard in your story, I'm guessing it has to do with the people the professor vouched for you to?"


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Rose Springdawn wrote:

Rose calls upon her Samsaran heritage, focusing on the words, understanding their meaning. As the words begin to form into words she can understand, she continues to read more of the book to find it's meaning.

Rose use Comprehend Language spell-like ability. I can only get 10minutes worth, so I'll focus on the page you specified as well as the surrounding others.

A flip across to the cover and frontispiece reveals the title of the book is On Vampires, their Spawn, and means of eradicating the same from the face of Golarion, written by Ahmad ibn Fadlan. A quick skip through the foreword reveals ibn Fadlan was a Sarenraean paladin from Qadira who spent a lot of time travelling through the Inner Sea region, in the end spending many of his later years in the Land of the Linnorm Kings. The book was written around three hundred and fifty years ago, and details ibn Fadlan's considerable experiences with vampires throughout his lifetime.

While parsing the book's meaning is tough due to ibn Fadlan's predilection for very flowery language, it's easy enough to discern the book's structure: each chapter details a different type of vampire, with the chapter you are looking at dealing with a variety called 'nosferatu'. It seems that this particular type of vampire does not have the immunity to aging that a normal vampire does. They are immortal, but become decrepit in fairly short order.

Toward the end of each chapter, ibn Fadlan lists a few of the more well-known examples of each type of vampire; this page deals with a nosferatu named Ramoska Arkminos, an aged nosferatu wizard who--the text claims--has been seeking a cure for vampirism for decades. If he is alive today, he'd be centuries old now. The illustration is allegedly a portrait.

I hope you don't mind the following--happy to pretend it never happened if you like.

As Rose looks closely at the illustration, tracing the outline of the horrific creature depicted there, a yawning chasm opens in her mind and a memory comes pouring out; Professor Lorrimor--a much younger man--appears before her, pacing back and forth, his arms gesticulating wildly as he becomes more agitated. He is talking quickly, but in Rose's memory there is no sound.

The shackles chafe at Rose's ankles and wrists--and as Petros continues to pace, Rose has to fight the urge to strain at her bonds and devour his lifeblood. She is in a laboratory basement, somewhere beneath the University of Lepidstadt. The walls and floor are tiled, the windows at ground level blacked out with a hurried covering of paint. The only illumination comes from a handful of torches that lend the entire scene an eerie orange glow.

The Professor walks over to a cluttered workbench full of books, apparatus and notes, and leans on it momentarily, his head bowed. Rose can see from the set of his shoulders that he is frustrated.

Abruptly, he picks up a book lying on the table and hurls it against a wall. It tumbles to the floor, falling open--at the very page Rose is looking at in the present.

Rose comes back to reality with a snap and closes the book. Now, she can see the dents on the corners where it hit the wall, the scuff marks on the cover where it slid across the floor.

This book is from another time, another place--another life. It seems the Professor thought there was some value to treating with Ramoska Arkminos to save Rose's life--although who knows what the price of such a bargain might have been, for either of them.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Flori the Fabulous wrote:
Not sure Flori can be any help.

Flori could always head up to The Unfurling Scroll and start talking to the proprietor about access to his library--which would allow Knowledge checks untrained. : )

Grand Lodge

She can help Rose, she can explore the house, she can go to the Scroll, she can make a list of in character points she wants to work with travelling sisterhood on


Male Human Oracle 2

Walter peruses upon the mural for a moment, nodding. Peace comes easy to him here, and he makes sure to not track wet shoeprints into the church of the Lady. Contemplative glances back and forth across the church lead him to the mural of Pharasma's judgment, and it takes him a moment to process the iconography and the symbolism behind the image.

The stain-glass mural - Knowledge (history)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Walter is surprised to see Dragomir remove his hat and speak a prayer to the lady, marking a spiral across the breast of his armor, and does so as well. As they do, the wind rushed through the building just as Lem shut the door, blowing open what Walter assumed to be their ancient copy of The Bones Land in a Spiral to the section on the Harrow, and prophecy-- and has only a split second to notice and contemplate the sheer luck of it before he's interrupted by the approaching sister.

Carrion Crown GM wrote:
Yes? She is brusque in tone and manner, her steel-grey hair drawn back into a tight bun. Can I help you?

Walter smiled to greet her. "Good afternoon, sister. I'm sorry if we're intruding, but we've come to donate goods to the Church and to speak to Father Grimburrow, if he isn't busy with his duties at this time of day. I, um... I also couldn't help but notice, but does that mural depict the Judgment of Count Andachi of Tamrivena?" Walter gestures to the stain-glass window, his train of thought derailed "How old is this church, would you know? To have a mural of the infamous Andachi and harbinger of Scarwall isn't common and very intriguing, and if... um... I'm sorry if that's too forward of me, sister." He bowed his head in apology, the dam of his mind straining at keeping back the flood of information he knew about ancient Ustalavic lore.

Diplomacy1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Can I make a knowledge roll to determine the significance of the Uprising? For Walter, a non-devout follower of Pharasma, he would probably know that Pharasma is all about prophecy but also that prophecy is broken and shattered in the Age of Lost Omens. It depends on if you think it might ring significant enough for him to investigate after speaking to the sister. : )

Grand Lodge

Can Walter get a +1 or 2 circumstance bonus to his Diplomacy? He just ripped out a really impressive awareness of the History of the Area/church. Well done Walter.


Raj debates briefly whether to continue in Celestial or Common. Celestial is more private but, out here, anyone who is spying or more likely scrying on us probably knows it. Sadly, it's not the rare language it once was. He switches to Common with a shrug.

"My training was less formal - no rules about drinkin'."

Theron wrote:
""So, I can't help but ask you, how did you come to work for Iomedae? From what I heard in your story, I'm guessing it has to do with the people the professor vouched for you to?"

"That's the long and short of it. He passed me along to our folks in Ardis. Ever been? The old capital, it's an evil and unforgiving place. Our congregation is small and quiet, and my people are quieter still. Surrounded by enemies, it's a good place to train caution and secrecy. Anyhow, we made a fair swap - they gave me an education and I gave'em my skills and loyalty."

He continues walking in silence for a moment before adding, "You said somethin' like 'I been wonderin' what those people are like'. That quote from The Acts? I didn't pick it off the top of my head. The warriors on that field? That's who we are. And what they said? That's our creed - 'Til dawn cometh."

He gives another scarf-hidden smile, "Glad you're not a Paladin... they are stiffer than a board."


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir kept his head low as he worked through The Litany... Old words, thought forgotten flowing through his lips.

...
Oh Lady guide me to my rest... But not this Year. Guardian of Graves, keep me safe, that in Thy arms I slumber undisturbed... But not this Year... When it is time , send you Angels to beckon me and lead me past the Feasters In The Darkness, and through The Boneyard...
, his finger automatically tracing a spiral over his heart and the stained padded armour he wore over his clothes. It came naturally and freely... along with the guilty realisation that apart from the time with Lorrimor, he let the Faith of his childhood lapse. He could almost, almost hear his mothers voice, echos of her prayers, still recollected.

Normally I'd not be in armour but Walter added it to his piece so I'll run with it and say its just the padded armour normally worn under my banded mail... It also makes for a cunning message which I'll spell out during the Benjan meeting. I will now throw the ball back to Walter and Lem


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

When Karrik realizes there is no one to be amazed by his productivity downstairs, he goes in search of anyone still in the house. On the way, he finds a towel closet, snatching up a hand-towel and tossing a Prestidigitation spell on it. In quick order, the muck and sweat that had adorned his clothes and skin now cover the rag.

Finally he stumbles across Rose engrossed in a book. He clears his throat noisily so as not to catch her unawares. "Miss Rose," he tries to decipher what she is reading from over her shoulder, "that looks interesting. What is it?"


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:


"That's the long and short of it. He passed me along to our folks in Ardis. Ever been? The old capital, it's an evil and unforgiving place. Our congregation is small and quiet, and my people are quieter still. Surrounded by enemies, it's a good place to train caution and secrecy. Anyhow, we made a fair swap - they gave me an education and I gave'em my skills and loyalty."

"Ardis? I actually haven't been there. Much of my training was done in Grayce in the county of Caliphas. Not quite as quiet, but Caliphas has plenty of its own horrors that make excellent practice hunts."

Couldn't find a link for it, but Grayce is basically the gateway to Lastwall.

Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:

"You said somethin' like 'I been wonderin' what those people are like'. That quote from The Acts? I didn't pick it off the top of my head. The warriors on that field? That's who we are. And what they said? That's our creed - 'Til dawn cometh."

He gives another scarf-hidden smile, "Glad you're not a Paladin... they are stiffer than a board."

Theron nodds in understanding at Rajuna's explanation of the quote. In a way he was surprised... he hadn't expected Rajuna to be so devout.

"Hah, you're lucky that it wasn't the paladins that came to my little town's rescue, because I might have joined up with them instead. Then again, I doubt that I would have been able to stand their training. Paladins... we need them, but I wish that more of them understood that you can't fight these monsters if you limit yourself too much. I'm not talking about little things like drinking, most of them seem to think that sneaking into a sniping position and picking off a cultist before he notices you is dishonorable." Theron said the word like it was from an alien language.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

No problem from me, excellent memory I think Cynarion!

Fear begins to swell inside Rose, a tightening in her chest. "Oh my god, what could the Professor have done!" As her spell ends and the words once again becomes undecipherable, she still stares at the page, unsure how to feel.

Karrik wrote:
Finally he stumbles across Rose engrossed in a book. He clears his throat noisily so as not to catch her unawares. "Miss Rose," he tries to decipher what she is reading from over her shoulder, "that looks interesting. What is it?"

Despit Karrik's best efforts, Rose still starts for a moment at Karrik's words, almost dropping the book. "Sorry about that, Karrik. It's a, um, a book about, um, well, about vampires." Rose obviously struggles as she speaks, selecting her words carefully. She closes the book and sets it on her lap, both hands on top of it.

"So what did you find in the basement?" Her attempt to change the subject is obvious.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem gazes around the temple, seemingly impressed by the structure.

This is quite a temple you have here, a true tribute to Pharasma. I am Lem Longbarrow, humble servant of Desna, and I too seek a moment of Father Grimburrow's time. I don't wish to trouble you any further, so if you wouldn't mind pointing me in his direction I will leave you to your duties. Thank you kindly, sister.


Theron wrote:
"Much of my training was done in Grayce..."

Raj grunts. "Been through Caliphas but I never worked it. We shy away from Lastwall. You boys seem to have most problems locked down there and ya can't swing a dead Goblin without hittin' a Cavalier and three Paladins. Sir Lance Upstanding cramps my play."

Theron wrote:
"Hah, you're lucky that it wasn't the paladins that came to my little town's rescue, because I might have joined up with them instead."

The scarred Varisian only nods, lost in thought for a brief moment, remembering blood-drenched fangs in the mist. Maybe a few Paladins could have saved my village. Sure as hell couldn't have hurt. He jolts back to the present catching the last half of the Inquisitor's comments...

Theron wrote:
"...most of them seem to think that sneaking into a sniping position and picking off a cultist before he notices you is dishonorable."

Raj's smile (what little can be seen) is grim. "Maybe it is dishonorable, I can't say. But I'll take winning a fight over dying with honor every time. Iomedae may not smile on me and mine for our methods. Maybe She'll even bar the Gates of Heaven when my time comes... That's a'right." He holds up a lockpick, "I'll find my own way in."

You good, Theron, or do you wanna fire off a little more dialogue?


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Random fact: Ustalavic folks trace the Lady's spiral over their hearts with a closed fist rather than a finger. There you go. : )

Walter Vheist wrote:
"Good afternoon, sister. I'm sorry if we're intruding, but we've come to donate goods to the Church and to speak to Father Grimburrow, if he isn't busy with his duties at this time of day. I, um... I also couldn't help but notice, but does that mural depict the Judgment of Count Andachi of Tamrivena?" Walter gestures to the stain-glass window, his train of thought derailed "How old is this church, would you know? To have a mural of the infamous Andachi and harbinger of Scarwall isn't common and very intriguing, and if... um... I'm sorry if that's too forward of me, sister." He bowed his head in apology, the dam of his mind straining at keeping back the flood of information he knew about ancient Ustalavic lore.

The acolyte looks at Walter with surprise, as if she hadn't expected him to start talking.

Yes, she says, that is indeed Count Andachi, judged by the Lady after a lifetime of weak-willed stupidity. I commend you for your astuteness. The temple itself was built when the town was founded, in 4594. It is not so old--this copy of The Bones Land in a Spiral is in fact older, and has a more meaningful history. But that is not why you are here.

Lem Longbarrow wrote:

Lem gazes around the temple, seemingly impressed by the structure.

This is quite a temple you have here, a true tribute to Pharasma. I am Lem Longbarrow, humble servant of Desna, and I too seek a moment of Father Grimburrow's time. I don't wish to trouble you any further, so if you wouldn't mind pointing me in his direction I will leave you to your duties. Thank you kindly, sister.

The acolyte turns to Lem, looking him up and down. Yes, I can see your devotion to Desna quite clearly. Of course, Count Andachi was a devotee of hers as well. Didn't get him very far in the end, did it?

As for your business with Father Grimburrow, I'm afraid he is busy at present and is not to be disturbed. The pressing-together of her lips and the tilt of her head leaves no doubt as to her disdain. To be honest, I'm not sure what business a group of strangers--the word comes out like an epithet--could have in our temple. What is it you wish of Father Grimburrow? Perhaps I can assist you, and then you can be on your way.

In the interests of full disclosure and since Dragomir/Helaman drew attention to it, Walter did indeed get a bonus to his Diplomacy roll, but it wasn't enough to bring the acolyte down from her initial attitude of Unfriendly. It did mean Walter didn't miss the DC by more than five, at least. Which is not to say that the acolyte may not change her mind if you keep talking to her--it's just that, like many real people, she's pretty self-absorbed. You will need to work out what makes her tick.

I don't normally like spelling out mechanics in this fashion but since I am, head over to the discussion thread for a bit more.

a few GM rolls:

Don't mind me...
1d100 ⇒ 99
1d100 ⇒ 16
1d100 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS
Rose Springdawn wrote:
"So what did you find in the basement?" Her attempt to change the subject is obvious.

Karrik's black-eyed gaze shifts from Rose to the book and back. Clearly he's curious, but lets it drop. He grins a big tusky grin as he rubs his hands together excitedly. "Some good finds down there. The Professor left us some serviceable items. Not sure what his intentions for them were, but I believe he'd have an appreciation for the use we'll find for them. With a little effort, I was able to bottle a case of acid, a case of alchemist's fire, and three vials that I believe will allow the wielder to -- with some physical contact -- command simple undead creatures. I do not know what to anticipate encountering in Harrowstone, but we're a little more prepared now." He's obviously proud of the work, but his eyes can't help but return to the mysterious book in her lap. "Is there anything here I can assist you with?"

Added the basement experiment products to my Gear section under "Backpack". We can divvy them up as we see fit when we go adventuring'. :)


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Edited the post above to add in an exchange with Lem as well as Walter.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2
Karrik wrote:
Karrik's black-eyed gaze shifts from Rose to the book and back. Clearly he's curious, but lets it drop. He grins a big tusky grin as he rubs his hands together excitedly. "Some good finds down there. The Professor left us some serviceable items. Not sure what his intentions for them were, but I believe he'd have an appreciation for the use we'll find for them. With a little effort, I was able to bottle a case of acid, a case of alchemist's fire, and three vials that I believe will allow the wielder to -- with some physical contact -- command simple undead creatures. I do not know what to anticipate encountering in Harrowstone, but we're a little more prepared now."

She listens to Karrik's work in the basement. "Excellent work down there. Though I must admit some concern over commanding the undead. I suppose I could see it as a temporary solution in some situations, but the implications of even having it in such a case..." It's obvious the thought of undead makes Rose nervous.

KARRIK wrote:
He's obviously proud of the work, but his eyes can't help but return to the mysterious book in her lap. "Is there anything here I can assist you with?"

"No, no, just doing a little reading, waiting for Rajuna and Theron to return. I thought it would be wise to go through some of the Professor's books, see what else he may have been researching. It's mostly what one would expect, books over arcane matters and such. There's a few over the, um, undead as well. And how to combat them." She hugs the book in her lap tighter as she says it. "I was going to see how Kendra wanted to proceed first, but it may help to try to organize the books, make up a list of what's available." Rose looks around the room. "Though that might take a month in itself."


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik smiles as he raises both hands in front of himself, "Then simple math would dictate that four hands are definitely better than two. Where would you prefer I start?" It's obviously killing him not to ask about what she was reading. But for once he's able to contain his curiosity.


{HP9/19 | AC16 T12 FF14 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/2/3} Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 2

Rose looks around the room, searching for paper and ink. "Well then, why don't you start with that stack there, and I'll start here. We should list the title, auther, and a brief overview of subject matter." She glances at the book in her lap, which she places on top of the stack she motioned to for herself. "Might be best to list what language it's in as well. I don't suppose you happen to be well versed in the lingual arts by chance?" She glances over at Flori. "If you would like to help as well, 6 hands would go even faster."

Pretty sure Flori is still here, if I recall. If not, please rescind last part.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Perception checks for Rajuna and Theron at the crypt:
Theron: 1d20 + 7 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 6 = 4 (modified for distance)
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 6 = 9 (modified for distance)

Untrained Knowledge (engineering) checks
Theron: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Rajuna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Carrion Crown GM wrote:
Next to the intersection is a squat grey granite mausoleum, all hard planes and angles, replete with leering gargoyles at the top. This must be what the Professor was referring to.

It might be a trick of the mind, but the gargoyles seem to squint ominously at the two servants of Iomedae. The building itself--although interesting architecturally--reveals nothing out of the ordinary. It is around fifteen feet high and perhaps seventy feet long, and in the shape of a 'T'. The only visible entrance is through a massive stone door, which is presently held shut by a large rusty padlock. Arched alcoves supported by simple columns all around the outside of the building hold statues of figures presumably sacred to the goddess' religion. A sculpted frieze runs around near the top of the walls, showing vignettes of Pharasma in her various aspects as the goddess of birth, death and prophecy; above the door, she is sculpted from the waist up in a manner reminiscent of a ship's figurehead, a crooked finger beckoning passersby into her embrace.

Raj:
As you make glances at the mausoleum, your mind begins to connect the dots. The building seems made from the same stone as the temple, and indeed replicates the style and even, to some extent, the shape of the temple. This is very obviously a building originally constructed by the Church of Pharasma.

You may find a pictorial aid to your imagination here, if you like. (link) The stone would be darker, and you'll have to imagine the gargoyles and the frieze, but otherwise this isn't too far off base.


DAPPER HALF-ORC MAGUS

Karrik nods, "I know a few languages, nothing fancy, though. Taldan, Varisian, Orcish, and Draconic. Though i've learned a few choice words in Celestial... nothing like cursing in the tongues of the angels, am i right? I'll go get my pen and ink, then. I have some down in the basement."


Since Rose is waiting, I'm going to assume Theron is good with pressing onward to the graveyard. We can always chat more on the way back, if need be.

As they come in sight of other locals, Raj quiets. He trudges along companionably with the silence; they seem fast friends. From within his soaked hood, he considers what they know (a little) and what they don't (a lot), weighing the variables. Sooner or later, we're going to cross the Way. Questioning one of them should be a priority. He pats the sap tucked in his pocket reassuringly.

The suspicious mourners in the graveyard are a nuisance - but not unexpected. Unfortunately, Theron and Raj can't just traipse casually around them so their reconnaissance is more circumspect though no less thorough.

Doc's grave is, first and foremost, convenient window-dressing - just another part of the masquerade. But after reconning the area, Raj finds himself paying attention to the freshly turned earth and the man resting, hopefully peacefully, below it. He considers the Professor's mission, his life, and (by turns) the last thing that remains of the old fellow - his daughter.

She blushed, blushed, and said "I'll look forward to it"... What did she mean by that? He'd heard ladies speak that way before - not to him of course - and it usually indicated some level of 'interest'. He didn't have a mirror but he was pretty sure his ugly mug hadn't changed... and good-looking, well-heeled, women didn't just fall for slashed-up thugs. That was a rule somewhere, Raj felt sure.

But then she swore like a longshoreman after we popped the box. Not exactly what your typical gentlewoman does, now is it? Still, probably don't mean nothin'... probably. She's just grateful for a little kindness during a hard time. Finding that idea more believable and less bewildering, he latches on to it and holds tight.

Raj refocuses on the grave. "See you around Doc... hopefully not too soon." His glance lands on Theron, "Let's go. Think we've seen enough here and the natives are gettin' restless." He makes the sign of Pharasma for the benefit of any watchers and heads back down the path. Yeah, that blush didn't mean nothin'.


Male Human (Varisian) Inquisitor 2
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
You good, Theron, or do you wanna fire off a little more dialogue?

Hmmm, I think we're good. We should probably start to move this 'walk' forward so that we can get back to the house

Theron quiets down as they begin to reach the cemetery. There were a few too many people around for his liking.

As they reach the professor's grave he can't help but grimace. The townsfolk thought he was run over by a carriage... those bastard cultists probably crushed his jaw to keep him from giving away information after death. Don't worry, I'll get them back for you old man.

After thinking about the professor for a moment, Theron looked further down the road and saw a sign for "The Black Path" and the mausoleum near it. "That must be it over there," Theron says quietly to Raj while momentarily tilting his head in the mausoleum's direction. However, he turns and leaves with Raj, not wanting to have any problems with the townsfolk.

Edit: Gah, didn't see you post that while I was writing this XD. Don't have the time for a full edit, let's say Theron added that right when you said it was time to go.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

After completing the Litany Dragomir lumbers over, cap in hand, and genuflects to the Acolyte respectfully as he listens to the exchange back and forth and tries to size her up... thinking about whats could soften her attitude some.

sense motive
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Incidently Kudo's - I never anticipated working through the local bureaucracy. Its an interesting spin.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem swallows the thinly-veiled insults with a genuine smile and a pleasant tone.

As to Count Andachi's devotions--well, I confess I'm not too knowledgeable about the man, but I will of course defer to your expertise. Still, I know that when you have one rotten apple it wouldn't do to burn down the whole orchard, now would it?

The halfling's countenance becomes more serious as he continues:

While we are not from Ravengro, are not strangers merely friends one hasn't met? My companions are devout worshipers of Pharasma, seeking to worship and lend aid. While I am unknown to you personally, the hard-working folk of Ustalav know my face far and wide, even those who cannot remember my name. Surely longevity of devotion to a good cause earns one some measure of trust in a suspicious world? I have traveled these lands for 30 years. Look at the lines on my face and the calluses on my hands. They tell the story of my life of service. Our causes are one and the same. Desna guides men and women in life as they journey towards their judgement with your lady.

Lem looks long and hard into the woman's eyes, then his smile returns.

And now that you see how I can lecture on and on, you know me to be a true Priest. All I want is to lend aid to the good people of Ravengro. A moment of the father's time is all I require. If there are any tasks with which I can assist you while we wait for his availability, I would be honored to help. Though I am ill-suited to tasks of strength and speed, I can handle anything you have that requires an old man's patience.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Walter Vheist wrote:
Can I make a knowledge roll to determine the significance of the Uprising? For Walter, a non-devout follower of Pharasma, he would probably know that Pharasma is all about prophecy but also that prophecy is broken and shattered in the Age of Lost Omens. It depends on if you think it might ring significant enough for him to investigate after speaking to the sister. : )

Based on the Harrower prestige class requiring either Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (religion) as prerequisites, you could use either of those.

Alternatively, if you think Walter would have been familiar with Harrow decks growing up or since his...accident, then I'm happy for you to just say so and give you the interpretation for free. : )


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

At the Temple of Pharasma
Whilst it would normally take a bit more time for Dragomir to get a hunch about the acolyte, in the interests of moving things on a bit I'll reveal the following:

Dragomir:
Untrained Knowledge (religion) roll for Dragomir: 1d20 ⇒ 18 with no cap at 10 as Dragomir is familiar with Pharasmin religious customs & trappings

The woman is in her fifties. She wears the robes of an acolyte, and bears the standard skane (dagger) at her waist but no other insignia or signs of office are visible. This suggests she's an initiate--someone who has not yet risen to any meaningful rank within the temple hierarchy--but her manner and bearing indicate she is a long-time member of the priesthood. The fact that she's only an initiate runs counter to the traditional approach that a Pharasmin priest's seniority is usually determined by his or her length of service.

Something must be preventing her from gaining any official standing in the church, and that likely means she has a big chip on her shoulder. No wonder she doesn't particularly like dealing with people with obscure goals who are preventing her from doing whatever-it-is that she does.

Lem Longbarrow wrote:
If there are any tasks with which I can assist you while we wait for his availability, I would be honored to help. Though I am ill-suited to tasks of strength and speed, I can handle anything you have that requires an old man's patience.

While the woman's voice gives nothing away, her eyes do crease minutely at the corners as though she finds Lem's comment amusing. Take a look around, she says. Does it seem that we have a dearth of old men?

Indeed, the other robed Pharasmins are in their middle years--Besmer this morning was in his late twenties, but you don't see him here.

In my experience, she continues, those that fancy themselves worshippers of The Great Dreamer are typically young, brash and full of idealistic notions that greatness is the provenance of a random turn of events. Being 'in the right place at the right time', I hear them say.

When you get to my age, you begin to understand that the only means to achieve something truly meaningful is through long, hard, gruelling work. She seems lost in her own thoughts for a moment.

I'm afraid there's no work for you here, she says, her eyes focusing on you again, unless you are keen to help us clean and tidy. The church doesn't clean itself, and many hands make light work, as they say.

Dragomir:
She clearly wants to get back to whatever it is she was doing before you arrived. Allowing her to do so is likely to make her somewhat better disposed toward you.

As to your original request, Father Grimburrow is not to be disturbed today, but perhaps you might have more luck tomorrow, if I cannot assist you. And if you wish to make a donation of goods, I'll be happy to handle that when you're finished. Shall I fetch you the brooms?


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

On the way back from the Restlands
Theron and Rajuna make an unhurried trip back through the other side of the small town. They pass The Unfurling Scroll just south of the river, with the young students at the magical academy/curio shop visible through the windows. They don't look to be having much fun.

At the town square, the two men take a few moments to look more closely at the buildings--they spot a general store, a moneylender, a forge and an apothecary. Now marked on the Ravengro map for you.

They take a few minutes to survey the square more closely.

I've left you in the square in case you want to do something while you're in the hub of town; if not, feel free to narrate your way back to Kendra's residence. No sign of Gibs anywhere yet.


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

Back at Kendra's
Karrik and Rose and possibly Flori continue to search through and catalogue the Professor's collection of books, scrolls, codices, folios... It's hard work, and as the afternoon wears on they find themselves opening some of the books and scanning the occasional passage.

Reward: you've been working so hard and diligently--take a +2 bonus to a single upcoming Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (religion) check. You choose when to use the bonus and you may apply it after a roll.


Carrion Crown GM wrote:
Theron and Rajuna make an unhurried trip back through the other side of the small town. They pass The Unfurling Scroll just south of the river, with the young students at the magical academy/curio shop visible through the windows. They don't look to be having much fun.

Raj nudges Theron and tilts his head in the direction of the Scroll. "I'm gonna go book shopping. See why those kids are sucking lemons."

Raj slips into the bookseller's unobtrusively - just looking like he's browsing and fascinated with the collection.

Stealth (being inconspicuous) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Perception (eavesdropping) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Well there is a study in contrasts. :)


mysterious male human purveyor of plot
Rajuna Two-Fangs wrote:
Carrion Crown GM wrote:
Theron and Rajuna make an unhurried trip back through the other side of the small town. They pass The Unfurling Scroll just south of the river, with the young students at the magical academy/curio shop visible through the windows. They don't look to be having much fun.

Raj nudges Theron and tilts his head in the direction of the Scroll. "I'm gonna go book shopping. See why those kids are sucking lemons."

Raj slips into the bookseller's unobtrusively - just looking like he's browsing and fascinated with the collection.

Stealth (being inconspicuous) 1d20+8
Perception (eavesdropping) 1d20+4 Well there is a study in contrasts. :)

Heh! Fortunately, the DC for hearing the details of a non-whispered conversation is 0...and even the intervening distance won't make enough of a difference. ; )

The Unfurling Scroll is something of an oddity. Not precisely a bookshop, or a curio store, or a school, or a museum, or a private residence--it is a bewildering mix of all of those. Raj treads quietly across the polished floorboards, perusing items ostensibly for sale on the shelves. There are a goodly number of books, magical scrolls (not that Raj can read the writing on them), even a couple of wands locked in a glass case. Alongside these relatively mundane magical items are strange statues and antique items of uncertain provenance. Raj is fairly sure, though, that on balance, the shard of battered and slightly singed timber displayed behind glass in an alcove is not, in fact, likely to be a piece of the Shield of Aroden as the plaque claims.

Through an open door to the left, an older man is standing in front of a classroom of around a dozen farm children. Raj gets snatches of the man's lecture:

Consequently, the burgeoning middle classes in the Palatinates brought about a changing of the guard...

...notions of propriety and the mobility of the common man have undergone significant change over the last...

...why studying and seeking to better yourselves is always so important. Now, class dismissed. I will see you again next week.

There is a clatter of hurried footsteps as the youngsters--all of whom look to be in their early teens--seem to rush to be the first out the door.

Clearly, they were bored senseless by the teacher's lecturing.

Alendru will speak up in a few more hours...home time for me. I will be back in 5-6 hours most likely, after the kiddies have gone to bed.


Male Halfling Cleric (Evangelist)/ 2

Lem nods in assent.

I would be honored to serve. And yes, I have some humble rations to offer you to distribute as you see fit. And I am glad that I can change your perception of the many followers of Lady Luck. Just remember, if we are not shaped by Fate, of what use is Prophecy?

With that he bows, and will begin assisting in whatever menial task he can, presumably while the goods are unloaded.


HPs 16/(26)28...AC18/Touch11/Flatfoot17/CMD 18||HP 26/[28]| Fort:+5 ;Ref:+2 ;Wil+0|Percept +1/Sense Motive +5 Male Human Ustalav Varisian Fighter/2 *12 Con /Fort:+4

Dragomir bows his head and says Beautiful place you have here... reminds me of some of the smaller Churches in Kavapesta where I was raised. He makes a spiral again over his heart.

I know I'm just a humble worshiper Sister but I'll vouch for these two and their intent to help, he bows again, I'll leave you to your important labours and start helping bring the food in and then I'll find the woodpile and chop some more wood for you.

In closing he makes another spiral over his heart and says to Lem and Walter.

I'd be glad to help you with the unloading of your donation Padre Lem, lets head out to the wagon.

Unloading the wagon is a matter of fact, basic and practical task that does involve some banging about... more so than usual as Dragomir shares his insights with the others.

She's gonna nowhere in this town, I mean climbing the ladder and all... in a bigger place than here? Maybe you'd have a Master of Prophecy and a Master of Birth, you know... somewhere to go.

He gave exaggerated grunts as he worked.

So I'd say she or the others are waiting for Grimburrow to shuffle on... and in the meantime, she's too 'important' to be bothered with us... and if its too important for her? She thinks it more so for the good Father.

Dragomir thumped down some grain sacks.

She's a bit long in the tooth for an acolyte. My gut feel is she is a pain in the arse and probably is fond of trying to take on whatever authority she can get - probably says 'No' on reflex... and no one wants her elsewhere.We aren't gonna get to Father Grimburrow directly, not without her making us stroke her real pretty... but a letter asking for a meeting may work or having Kendra inviting him over for a meal maybe? That may help some... and we can liquor him up then for additional goodwill, away from these crows here... anyways, I'll help carry this lot in, then go make friends with an axe for a bit while you sort it for them and do a bit of sweeping and we can go find this Sheriff... See if they can tell you where he is?

Kavapesta is a holy city for Pharasmins - link in the post. Dragomir wants to try to work out how to hit harder and wants to practice on some of the bigger logs so I figure 15-30 mins of chopping/sweeping etc and we can be off... and the part is? We're headed to the pub to get those drinks, may as well sink one or two as well


mysterious male human purveyor of plot

You are most likely to find the sheriff at the Ravengro jail, unless he's out and about for some reason. Kendra would have mentioned that.


Male Human Oracle 2
Quote:

Based on the Harrower prestige class requiring either Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (religion) as prerequisites, you could use either of those.

Alternatively, if you think Walter would have been familiar with Harrow decks growing up or since his...accident, then I'm happy for you to just say so and give you the interpretation for free. : )

I figure Walter was much more classically educated. He's probably seen a few and heard about it at one point, but I don't think he'd have that much exposure to just be able to do a reading off the top of his head.

Carrion Crown GM wrote:


The acolyte looks at Walter with surprise, as if she hadn't expected him to start talking.

Yes, she says, that is indeed Count Andachi, judged by the Lady after a lifetime of weak-willed stupidity. I commend you for your astuteness. The temple itself was built when the town was founded, in 4594. It is not so old--this copy of The Bones Land in a Spiral is in fact older, and has a more meaningful history. But that is not why you are here.

Walter nodded, smiled and let his gaze linger on the ancient tome sitting on the lecturn. The Lady of Graves was offering up a card, and Walter let Lem and Dragomir speak to the acolyte-- who, honestly, reminded him greatly of one of the more shrewish nurses at the Asylum-- to look over the book from a respectable distance. The dialogue faded into the background of his mind as he worked over what the card was, what it might have meant, and if he had just witnessed a sign of some sort.

The Uprising - Knowledge (arcana)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

He caught snippets-- snippets that Walter found highly hypocritical of an acolyte of Pharasma. Judging instead of letting the Lady judge and a disagreement of fate's hand in the role one's life takes were both strange opinions for a worshipper of the Lady to speak. Lem and Dragomir easily counter-offered-- in a way Walter felt he might not have been able to recreate-- and, when Lem offered their services, rolled up his coat sleeves.

"Let me know where I can lend a hand," he said. "Or find a broom."

Walter will lend a hand sweeping and cleaning wherever someone tells him to, and when Lem and Dragomir tell him to get ready to go, he'll hop to it. Until then, I figure he'll just socialize with the acolytes, asking questions about the history of the church and secretly hoping to find someone knowledgeable to speak to so he can show off. I figure that's diplomacy, so...

Gathering Information from the Pharasmin Acolytes - Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


middle-aged male human wizard/expert

After the children have left the store, the lecturer himself comes out of the other room, closing the door quietly behind him before coming to stand, beaming, before Rajina.

Alendru Ghoroven at your service, he says, accompanied by an elaborate flourish. I confess to not knowing your name...if you would be so kind?

Alendru and Rajuna spend a few moments exchanging pleasantries, and now with the introductions over, Alendru gets down to business.

So, how may I help a fine upstanding gentleman such as yourself? Are you in need of potions? Scrolls? Other more esoteric services?

It's quite clear Alendru is full of his own self-importance...but perhaps that's something Rajuna can use as leverage.

151 to 200 of 2,685 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / cynarion's Carrion Crown: Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.