Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Trolloc Wars Anthology

Game Master DEWN MOU'TAIN

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel will, and sometimes, the Wheel weaves out those that arise to greatness


151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu was initiative 20, but not on the list.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

initiative list
davor 26
warrick 24
Niketsu 20
tandem 19
maddy 17
spawn soldiers 11
miere 10
meridian 9
natalya 8


Upon hearing Maddy's words toward Niketsu, Warrick wastes no time, but charges the gleeman, his expression blazing with cold fury as the sword whistles through the air.

Rnd 1 action, charge and power attack Maddy.

Attack 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 31
Damage 1d10 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 6 = 24
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Extra crit damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

total damage if crit, 41. I wasn't sure and do not have my book on me, so I did not double the power attack bonus for the crit.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu will need to know if Maddy is still up and alive before declaring her action.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

IIRC anything that is a raw number added to damage is multiplied with a crit. dice added are not multiplied.


That being the case, Maddy (presumably) takes 47 damage.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

warrick just proved how vulnerable a channeler can be.

Without a single word uttered, warrick charges up Maddy and delivers a single overhead blow to Maddy, his blade driving down through flesh, stopping only when the blade lodges itself into the mans pelvis.


Davor takes out a dagger while moving to W-10 and throws it at the soldier nearest to him (the one on Y6)

Dagger throw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage(if hit) 1d4 ⇒ 3

Yeah, i think that's a miss


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

a little bit, yes

still need Niketsu, tandem, meridian, and natalya to go


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Sorry, was waiting on the spawn soldiers to go.

Meridian remains standing between the shadowspawn and Natalya, poised and ready to attack the first thing that comes near.

Readied Action to attack.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu steps forwards towards the entrapped darkfriend, "What is going to happen, darkfriend? What have you and your accomplice done? Is there an attack coming? Have you sold out this fort to your dark masters?"

She feels her sister Natalya channeling in the next room and instinctively places a hand on the hilt of her sword.

Niketsu left the room before the trollocs revealed themselves, and is unaware of the overall state of things. This is the end of her action.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

the battle

shadowspawn action

Howling like beasts, these 4 creatures leap to their feet, and charge, 2 attacking Meridian, 2 attacking Davor.

the two attacking davor use a full movement to close upon Davor

one is able to charge and attack meridian. the second can only move

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

meridian, you can roll for your readied attack.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Meire, only her head free in the hardened air, grunts in panic and effort.
they are coming. I meant to get more of the men out of here, to limit their deaths. I needed more time. Some of the men had to stay back, so they were taken into the fold. Some, but not all. But the plan was for next month. There were supposed to attack next month! Not now! You must Flee! for they come! If they come across an Aes Sedai, then you are dead, but not before you become their... her face grows pale, a look of horror over comes her face, as if she is recalling a most horrific sight
... their plaything


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian swiftly meets the rush of the attacking shadowspawn with Moon on the Water, striking the one charging in to the attack.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26.
Attack #2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20.

Damage #1: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15.
Damage #2: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Can call lightning be used indoors?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

no


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Natalya will grab a knife off the table and keep behind Meridian then.

Note to self, learn more offensive weaves that work indoors.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

round 1 summary

Warrick, sensing an opening, charges forward and cuts Maddy down in a single strike.

Davor, hearing an odd noise behind him, turns and is startled to see what were once human now some sort of hybrid shadowspawn rising from a table and moving to attack. Drawing a dagger, he hurls it at an aggressor, only to have the dagger fly wide of the intended target, and sinking itself into a wooden beam.

Natalya, feeling a sense of uselessness as she ponders what to do, instead snatches up a butter knife to ward off professional soldiers with short swords.

Meridian, with his ward safely behind him, steps forward and meets the charge of one creature. Shifting his foot slightly, he flows into the form Moon on the Water, and deftly cuts a bloody X into the creatures chest, causing it to fall to the ground.

Niketsu begins to question Meire, who wasnt able to evade Niketsu's air trap. Sagging in resignation, Miere warns of an impending doom upon the fortress, one that should still be days away.

The rest of the shadowspawn swarm, 1 upon meridian, and 2 upon Davor.

please feel free to post your 2nd round actions


Question: I assume Warrick is now aware of the shadowspawn in the hall after the charge. Is he able to move in, or is the harden air around Miere blocking the doorway?


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

no. Davor hasnt said anything about the spawn, nor has the others. You are still unaware


Gotcha. In that case...

With a growl, Warrick wrenches the blade free of the darkfriend's corpse before turning on his heel to glare down at Miere. How many attack? How do they intend to gain entrance to the fortress? Answer quick woman, or I promise, it is you who will end as the plaything. I doubt the shadow is forgiving towards those who fail it.

Perception to hear or see the fight beyond Miere.1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

Miere looks longingly at warrick, before simply looking up.


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

"Warrick! Natalya is channelling! Something may be happening already!

Keeping herself wary, and filled to bursting with the power, Niketsu moves to where she can see back into the common room. (Q10)


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Meridian presses his attack against the shadowspawn, hoping to dispatch this one quickly so he can help Davor.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18.
[ooc]Attack #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16.

[ooc]Damage #1: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.
Damage #2: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

niketsu...a stretch...but viable


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

tandem, davor, need actions


Davor does a five-foot step back to S11 drawing his rapier while he does so. Then yelling SHADOWSPAWN at the top of his lungs, he attempts to stab the shadowspawn standing on U10.

Attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage1d6 ⇒ 4


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4
RIZZENMAGNUS wrote:
niketsu...a stretch...but viable

Which part is the stretch? Too far to move, or knowing Natalya was channeling?


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Assuming Tandem is aware of the fight in the other room by now. If not, just tell me and I can revise things cause I'll be able to post more frequently now.

Tandem, momentarily stunned by the ease with which Warrick dispatched another channeler, comes to his senses and realizes he is needed elsewhere. He sidesteps next to Davor and draws his scimitar, arcing through the nearest trolloc with a powerful two-handed blow.

Scimitar with Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

natalya's action

Natalya, remembering a difficult weave she learned a while ago, weaves threads of air and water into a tight ball. Snapping her forearm out, the ball hurls itself into the shadowspawn form infront of her warder.

level 2 weave used

dmg dice4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 2) = 14

reflex save for half1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

With a thud, the creature falls upon its back, staring up at Meridian.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

shadowspawn action
Y10 & Y11 dead

Easily dodging Tandem's wild swing, the shadowspawn creature steps back, dropping its sword. (S8)
Before your eyes, it begins to change, facial features that were once human melt and remold into something else. Hands that had a thumb now mutate into claws with sharp talons that are as large as the short sword it once held. Feet, once held within leather boots, have split the leather, and talons poke out where toes should be. Skin, once a tan color, now ripples and changes, from skin to scale, from tan to white with blue spots. Looking back up at its face, instead of seeing a human face, instead you see reptilian features. golden eyes, fangs, slits for nostril; it chills you to your core that you stand before something so horrendous.

A slight mewling catches your ear. You turn and your gaze falls upon another of the same. (U9)

Natalya, Davor, tandem, Meridian, make will saves, DC 18, or be shaken for 4 rounds


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24.

Round 3

With a determined look on his face, Meridian turns to the remaining abominations, their horrid forms barely fazing him. Boar Rushes Downhill brings him swiftly into range to strike the closest one, and with a focused shout he strikes at the creature with a powerful blow.

Meridian charges to V10 using the Boar Rushes Downhill sword form. His AC is 19 for this round.

Charge attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19.
Damage: If his blade strikes, Meridian will use the Blademaster's Parting the Silk ability to deal Maximum damage. 1d10+12 = 22 damage.


Looking at the disgusting thing morph into an even worse abomination, Davor feels the first feelers of dread creep up his spine.

Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The dread nestles itself firmly into his mind. Davor, surprised, notices that his hands are shaking, and when he hastily wipes his forehead, his hand comes of wet with fear induced sweat.
This thing is so horrible. How will we ever defeat it now?
His frenzied mind tells him.


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Tandem steps forward with a roar in an attempt to shake off the effects of the shadowspawn's horrible visage. He continues to press his attack, this time striking at the shadowspawn at S8.

Scimitar with Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Also, I need to know if these are trollocs, because that could affect my damage (changes the threat range). So...

Knowledge (blight): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

will save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Natalya's past and her Aes Sedai training allow her to maintain her resolve.

Natalya lets loose with the weave again, this time using her angreal to augment AMD hurling the ball into the largest group.

damage: 10d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3) = 21

or if I can't use my angreal to go past 2nd level
damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 1) = 8


HP 9/9| AC 14 (T 14, FF 10) F +4 | R +3 | W +7 | Init +1 | Spot +4 | Listen +4

Niketsu ties off the weave holding the darkfriend, leaving her frozen in place. She turns to the mess hall, and knitting a tight weave, throws a brilliant ball of fire into the room at the two surviving creatures.

Targeting T7 with a level 3 weave to get S8+U9 in the blast radius (10ft), but come short of harming her allies. She'll 5ft step to R10 is she needs to in order to have line of sight

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9: DC 18 Reflex save for half.

"Natalya, Tandem, Davor, Meridian! This way! We must get out of this fortress before we are cut off!"


Rnd 3:

Warrick, with the entrance to the hall blocked by a trapped Mierre and three of the companions, keeps alert for other enemies approaching.

Action: Ready action to attack anything that might threaten Niketsu.
Perception to notice any 'additional' threats
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

warrick:
you begin to hear the dull thuds of alarm gongs going off.

the creatures are not trollocs, but a form of shadowspawn

niketsu, the path is blocked by the frozen form of Miere

ref save vs fireball dc 181d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

ref save vs "thunder" ball dc 181d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

tandem, you get a free AoO against Ss1

meridian, your blade fails to strike

Howling in fury, the creatures attack those that stand infront of them

ss1 on tandem attack 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
ss1 on tandem attack 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

ss on meridian attack 1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
ss on meridian attack 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

yeah, i dont think any of the attacks hit


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

round 3 summary

with the creatures mutated into something horrendeous, Davor can only stand for a moment, his fear overcoming his self preservation.

Niketsu, feeling Natalya's channeling, directs her gaze out through the door into the hall. Seeing a flash of movement in a threatening gesture, she snaps out a fireball, and is rewarded with the sounds that must be hisses of pain.

Tandem steps up, after seeing the fireball streak past his nose, and cuts into the creature, causing a large gash in its abdominal area.

Meridian charges up onto another creature, and slashes at it. The sword connects, only to slide of its scaly hide.

Natalya brings the thunder. Literally. Water and air stitch together and then explode between the two creatures, knocking them to their backs, but leaving tandem and meridian un-fazed.

Warrick, protecting niketsu, listens for other signs of intruders.


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Round 4

Taking advantage of the creature's terrible choice to lay down in the middle of a fight, Meridian directs two powerful swings at it.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 4 = 17.
Attack #2: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25.

Damage #1: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18.
Damage #2: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9.


Round 4
Davor, his hands shaking, runs and stands in front of Natalya, gripping his blade firmly with sweaty hands, ready to attack any creature approaching her. He gives her a sidelong look, with an uneasy smile.
Just in case one of them do gets through. I am no warrior, but you do need to be kept safe. You be more powerful then the rest of us, Niketsu Sedai excluded.
I do hope that she no realize i be to afraid to go near one of those...things

In summary, Davor makes a move action to W11 and readies an action to attack anyone hostile entering his threatened space.


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Tandem sees an opening and takes a swing at the creature with another powerful blow.

AoO, still power attacking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

As another attack goes wide Tandem takes a moment to steady himself and swings again, completely silent this time as he aims his attack.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Crit damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Also, I realized my attack modifier should have been +5 with power attack, not +3 as it says in earlier posts. Doesn't change anything from earlier though.


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

"Thank you Davor but we all much stay safe if our mission is to succeed. Meridian we need to rejoin Niketsu and get to our horses." She will then carefully make her way closer to Niketsu and her warder keeping Favor and Meridian close so she can protect them.
Full defense


Niketsu! The gongs are sounding. These are but the opening gambit. We need to finish them quickly and move!


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

just need niketsu before posting my actions


Male Borderlander Woodsman 2/Wilder 4

Edit: If Tandem has dropped this shadowspawn he will move to T10 to block the remaining shadowspawn. If Ss1 is still standing after that last crit Tandem will remain in place to hold it off.


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

update shortly


20 years gaming, 15 yrs DM

summary round 4
adlibing for niketsu

Nodding simply to Warrick, Niketsu turns and motions to Warrick to follow her into the main hall. Instead of forcing her way past the held darkfriend, she instead turns and goes around the corner into another hallway. Stopping by a door, she shoves it open and steps inside, taking up a spot next to natalya.

Tandem, seeing his opponent dead, turns and sidesteps up to threaten the last creature.

Davor, fear clutching his heart, steps up to natalya, providing her with security, but feeling comforted himself with being close to an Aes Sedai.

The final creature vaults to its feet and attacks.

tandem, warrick, meridian, all have a free AoO


Female Human (Jaramide) Wilder 2 / Initiate 3 / Aes Sedai 1

Assuming the last creature dies from at least one of those AoOs

"We must find the carrier birds coupe. We must warn the general that this fort has already fallen. They'll need time to adjust their plans."


Male Tiefling Gunslinger (Musket Master) 6 [ HP 54/54 | AC 20/16/13, Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 | Init +8; Perception +10 ]

Without a sound, Meridian slashes at the shadow creature when it lets its defenses slip.

AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25.
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.

151 to 200 of 317 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Trolloc Wars Anthology All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.