Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Pact Stone Pyramid (Inactive)

Game Master Pact Stone GM

A Pathfinder Module, converted from 3.5 to the Pathfinder system, with a party of level 7.


3,151 to 3,200 of 6,763 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:

Well that's a relief. I wanted this to be a challenge anyway. I didn't want this guy to just die in one fell swoop. Where's the fun in that? :P

LOL! Welcome to the club.


Male Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4 / Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 3
Karek Kogan wrote:
Let's pack it up after another half-hour or hour of northeast travel. If they have no basis of where to look, and maybe optimistically hoping that the Sand Sage is misdirecting them, then we should be pretty safe. It would be a needle in a haystack to find us, and a shot in the dark to even find our tracks. Pass Without Trace might help us out, or perhaps somebody can be carried to make our tracks less likely to be found.

Sounds about right.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
"You really shouldn't mess with dwarves, stupid!" Breach tells the monk as he (suprisingly enough!) charges across the dune, his Waraxe raised high.

-----

At the last moment Vellaneer suddenly drops to the ground and the barrelling dwarf flies over him. In the same fluid motion the monk instantly regains his footing and spins to face his now off-balance attacker. All of this, while his skin and eyes still burn with golden flame. History never changes: overly-armored warriors in the desert have always been easy prey.

Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
AC 21

-----

I think you are kindly subtracting 2 from Breach’s AC in light of his charge. We’ll try to remember to add 2 back on, courtesy of Gandel’s insta-advice bonus. Should make it a wash for Breach. Next round he’ll hit AC 25 and be a major defensive tank.

Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
Well that's a relief. I wanted this to be a challenge anyway. I didn't want this guy to just die in one fell swoop. Where's the fun in that? :P

-----

Yeah, that’s unfortunate – even with all those sweet bonuses a 1 is still an auto-miss, of course. With the blindness condition Breach would have been able to apply his sneak attack damage as well. If it’s any consolation, rolling a one on your very first melee attack is a great way to establish your dice credibility with this GM.


Pact Stone GM wrote:

Oh yes, I almost forgot:

Skirmish Under the Desert Moon

Vellaneer vs. the Infiltration Team - Round 3

Initiative Tracker

Halstadt Morgrym - 18

Breach Shattershield – 15

Vellaneer - 14

Gandelplot Trapspringer – 11

The Mithral Scarab - 3

-----

I have a gift for placing the initative tracker at the bottom of a page. . .

Looks like Vellaneer is up - you know an NPC is doing awesome when the GM feels compelled to give him a name. At this rate I'll have to make him his own avatar.


A blinded, ki assisted, flurry of blows, all on Breach AC 23 (-2 for charge, +2 for naturalist) in which the first attack (only) will be an attempted stunning fist, without the fatigue substitution.

1st attack melee roll (w/ stunning fist): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (miss)

1st attack concealment miss chance – “low” equals a successful attack is still good whereas “high” equals the concealment applies and it fails: 1d100 ⇒ 25 (n/a)

2nd attack melee roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 (miss)

2nd attack concealment miss chance – “low” equals a successful attack is still good whereas “high” equals the concealment applies and it fails: 1d100 ⇒ 8 (n/a)

3rd attack melee roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (miss)

3rd attack concealment miss chance – “low” equals a successful attack is still good whereas “high” equals the concealment applies and it fails: 1d100 ⇒ 79 (n/a)

Breach’s muscles coil as he halts his momentum and prepares to spring back at his attacker. However, suddenly recognizing that his opponent is still blinded by Morgrym’s holy fire, he changes his tactics. Calling upon his inner rogue, he instead soft-steps to the side, leaving Vellaneer to guess his new location.

Vellaneer guesses wrong. . .

He dives at where the dwarf should be, instead of where he is, and this time it is the monk who is left flailing at the air. His powerful combination of kicks and throat rips seem impressive, but badly misplaced, they look more like he is practicing his art than actually engaged in combat.

Gandel is up next. Vellaneeer is 40 feet away from him.


Karek Kogan with the assent of Hurgah wrote:
Let's pack it up after another half-hour or hour of northeast travel. If they have no basis of where to look, and maybe optimistically hoping that the Sand Sage is misdirecting them, then we should be pretty safe. It would be a needle in a haystack to find us, and a shot in the dark to even find our tracks. Pass Without Trace might help us out, or perhaps somebody can be carried to make our tracks less likely to be found.

-----

OK - the trio will head northeast for 45 minutes and will then encamp.

If the potion of pass without trace is to be used during the travel, let me know the details.

And if there's a preference for dune hill or dune valley or other location, let me know.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8

Okay. Let's have Moonpate drink the potion of pass without trace - it only works for him anyway. Unable to suggest Hurgah carry him again, Karek will instead use his wilderness knowledge to help wipe away the tracks and hide our retreat. Let me know if you need a roll for that. Once we camp, likely with the help of the earth elemental, the next step is to hope for a sending from Donkor at midnight or one from Hal at dawn.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

Round Three:

Scorpion whip in-hand, Gandel advances toward the blinded Asmodean and lashes out with his weapon in an attempt to trip the monk. All the while, he continues to provide a dissertation on the fighting abilities of the monks of the Shrine of Horns.

Free action to maintain Bardic Performance (Naturalist), granting all allies within 30 ft a +2 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against execeptional, supernatural, and spell-like abilities of the monk. The +2 insight bonus also applies to CMB and CMD.

Move action 25 ft toward monk. Standard action to attempt to trip the blinded monk with the scorpion whip. If the trip attempt fails by 10 or more, Gandel will drop the whip to avoid being tripped instead (per Gandel's Serpent Lash trait).
Combat Maneuver - Trip vs. Blind Monk: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 - well, I doubt that hit...

Rounds of Bardic Performance used today: 2/18

Gandel's AC: 23; CMD 19
Gandel's HP: 52/52


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

So THAT'S what Naturalist is. Cool. I had no idea what you were talking about, Pact, but I sure as heck wasn't gonna argue. :)


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

If Hal elects to engage the MOnk in melee next round would he be considered to be flanking the opponent? I guess my question is, who is his primary opponent? Also his blindness would wear off on his turn next round, correct?


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Karek Kogan wrote:
Okay. Let's have Moonpate drink the potion of pass without trace - it only works for him anyway. Unable to suggest Hurgah carry him again, Karek will instead use his wilderness knowledge to help wipe away the tracks and hide our retreat. Let me know if you need a roll for that. Once we camp, likely with the help of the earth elemental, the next step is to hope for a sending from Donkor at midnight or one from Hal at dawn.

Sounds good to me.


Gandel wrote:


Scorpion whip in-hand, Gandel advances toward the blinded Asmodean and lashes out with his weapon in an attempt to trip the monk. All the while, he continues to provide a dissertation on the fighting abilities of the monks of the Shrine of Horns.

-----

OOC: It's a miss and, as Max anticipates, it missed by more than 10. He's elected to go for the auto-drop in his square rather than permit Vellaneer to send him crashing to the ground. I take it then, that Gandel is also waiting in the wings to use his swift action with his lightning lasher trait to then pick it right back up, cause if so that let's me do this:

Although still blinded by golden fire, Vellaneer knew that as long as the halfling continued to chatter away, he would soon be able to pinpoint his position and complete his kill. The halfling's moment of vulnerability comes swiftly. The archivist's long-bladed whip flies free, cracking like a pearl of thunder as it sails towards Vellaneer, but the monk is ready. Springing to life from his defensive stance, he catches the metallic tip of the whip in the palm of his hand. Although his hand bleeds as he closes his fist around it, Vellaneer cares not. He begins to perform a spin, wrapping the whip around his forearm as he goes, using his superior strength to draw the under-sized Gandel into his kill-zone.

Gandel, however, is ready for just this tactic, having read of analogous maneuvers in his studies. In a game of counter-bluff, he waits for the monk to complete his spin and plant his feet. Feigning as though he were tossed off-balance by his larger foe, Gandel plays along. As soon as the monk sets his footing and rips the whip towards him in a final powerful tug, Gandel ends his resistance and suddenly let's go. The handle flies towards the monk and cracks him square in the forehead ricocheting high into the air. Stunned by the unforeseen attack, the monk lets go of his end of the whip for a split-second as well. That's all Gandel needs to leap forward and snatch it from the air. A moment later he re-coils the whip and brings it snapping back to his side.

A stalemate, for now.


Male Human Wizard Level 8 - Conjurer
Pact Stone GM wrote:
The handle flies towards the monk and cracks him square in the forehead ricocheting high into the air. Stunned by the unforeseen attack, the monk lets go of his end of the whip for a split-second as well. That's all Gandel needs to leap forward and...

The Stooges would be proud!


Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
If Hal elects to engage the Monk in melee next round would he be considered to be flanking the opponent? I guess my question is, who is his primary opponent?

-----

If Hal expends a move action, he can sandwich the monk in-between himself and Breach, such that both Breach and Hal are flanking (and benefiting) from the flank.

I'm not sure I get quite what you mean by primary opponent. You do not know who he will attack next for certain, if that's what you mean. My guess is you are thinking of setting a flank for Breach and wondering if you can also take advantage of the benefits yourself. If so, the answer is, yes.

Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
Also his blindness would wear off on his turn next round, correct?

-----

Close, but not quite. The blindness will actually wear off at the start of Hal's turn, as in Halstadt will unfortunately not get to benefit from it further.


Thrown knife without Precise Shot against Vellaneer who is engaged in melee combat: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2 ("miss")

Potential damage for thrown knife with sneak attack: 1d3 - 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (5, 1) = 8 ("n/a")

Man! The dice were not with the Dune Squad this round.

Seeing that Halstadt is now free, the Scarab spins from her kneeling position and hurls her dagger end over end, hoping to bury into the monk before he can harm anyone else. No doubt the longer this skirmish goes on the greater the chance that they will be overheard. How long did they have before someone comes to investigate the golden flash from the dwarven priest's spell?

The knife flies end over end and strikes--

--the wrong target! The hilt bounces off of Breach's shoulder guard, flies into the air and buries itself into the side of a dune.

"Sorry!" she cries sheepishly.


Skirmish Under the Desert Moon

Vellaneer vs. the Infiltration Team - Round 4

Initiative Tracker

Halstadt Morgrym - 18

Breach Shattershield – 15

Vellaneer - 14

Gandelplot Trapspringer – 11

The Mithral Scarab - 3

Top of the round - we're back to Halstadt!


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

With the +2 from Gandel and the+2 from flanking Hal has a decent attack bonus, let's see if the dice roller fails him again.

Hal with grim determination draws his axe and steps forward to attack the monk.

Melee attack Greataxe 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Greataxe damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Edit: Hal would like to discharge his Home Person spell on the monk as the spell is stored within, the save DC is 16.


Vellaneer wipes the last of the holy flames from his eyes. Having survived the celestial spellfire, his vision now returns.

But the first thing he sees is that Halstadt has closed the distance and is suddenly in his face with his over-sized axe. The dwarf's magical boots, having completely masked his approach, Morgrym has suddenly pincered the monk inbetween himself and Breach. Clearly it is time for an axe-sandwich.

Vellaneer dives to the side. Hal's greataxe cuts into his side splashing blood. But the monk gives a silent smile - the axe has cut nothing but useless flesh and it is not particularly deep at that. The wound means nothing to him. This dwarf knows nothing of humanoid anatomy or the art of the kill.

That's when he sees the magical glint on the axe. The attack was not to kill but to discharge yet another spell!

Vellaneer attempts a save vs hold person DC 16 with a +2 bonus for his still mind ability: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20 ("saves")

Vellaneer is forced to call upon his inner rage and burn away the magic with the hatred that lurks within his soul. For a split-second, the pentagram hanging from his neck flares-up and flashes a hellfire red.

The dwarf almost had him - but only almost.

Breach is up next - he has a flank from Halstadt, if he wants it.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

I'll take that flank. And how many ones can we possibly continue to roll?

Seeing how Hal has the monk distracted, Breach takes advantage and swings his axe in a downward arc,
1st: +1 Cold Iron Waraxe: w/PA 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + (1) = 13

attempts to force Skullhammer into his chest,
OFFHAND: +1 Bashing Wooden shield: w/PA 1d2 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (5) = 14

and then brings his axe back in a diagonal arc, from left to right, in an attempt to remove the monk's head.
2nd: +1 Cold Iron Waraxe: w/PA 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 11 + (5) = 25

Well, looking at my rolls, apparently a lot more. :( Ugh! What terrible rolls.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
Seeing how Hal has the monk distracted, Breach takes advantage and swings his axe in a downward arc, attempts to force Skullhammer into his chest, and then brings his axe back in a diagonal arc, from left to right, in an attempt to remove the monk's head.

The above happens!

While Velaneer is warding off Halstadt's spell, the veteran Breach has simply closed in too close for his opponent to have any space left to maneuver. Far stronger, the cagey close-combat fighter tears into the monk turning him into desert carrion.


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Scowling at the dead monk, "I told ya not ta be messin' with dwarves! We don't like it. It makes us cranky." Looking to Hal, "How are ya, lad? And yourself as well, lass?" He asks the young girl.


Male Dwarf Barbarian (Breaker) 8
Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:


attempts to force Skullhammer into his chest,
OFFHAND: +1 Bashing Wooden shield: w/PA 1d2 + 8 + 2 + 2
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1d6

You rolled a d2. So, you did pretty well, considering.


Karek Kogan wrote:
You rolled a d2. So, you did pretty well, considering.

-----

Wouldn't a mattered anyways as it turns out. I think that typo is in your dice macro, Javell. No worries, I make a zillion errors a game, myself.


Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
. . . And yourself as well, lass?" He asks the young girl.

-----

The Scarab collapses, catching her breath from the shock of the monk's ambush, as she waits for her heart to slow down.

“That was close.”


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

Oh crap! I didn't even see that! Thanks for the heads up on that.

"Aye. That it was, lass. That it was. Now," he looks deep in the young girl's eyes and asks the question that's been burning in his mind since he first laid eyes on her, "what was your name again?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"Bah. Close nothing, it happened exactly as Angradd willed it, I knew my friends were here for me. Let's move before there are more of them to deal with!"


"Yes", she says slowly picking herself up. Once she finds her footing once more, you can see she is slightly taller than both Breach and Halstadt, and certainly taller than Gandel. "We need to be away from here quickly."

Turning to Breach to answer his question she adds, "They call me the Mithral Scarab. And you must be two more of Krenshar's men. How many are you in total?"

OOC: Where to Infiltration Team? Or is the Scarab picking your destination?


Karek Kogan wrote:
Okay. Let's have Moonpate drink the potion of pass without trace - it only works for him anyway. Unable to suggest Hurgah carry him again, Karek will instead use his wilderness knowledge to help wipe away the tracks and hide our retreat. Let me know if you need a roll for that.

-----

No, I can do the counter-tracking roll for us - good thought. Karek has a +6 Survival.

Moonpate finds the frothy potion in his stein to be the finest thing he has drunk ever since he started this gods-forsaken mission. Afterwards, wherever he steps, the desert sands swallow his tracks. Hurgah notices that the wizard's scent has vanished - he's now officially the least ripe of the three of you.

Karek Kogan wrote:
Once we camp, likely with the help of the earth elemental, the next step is to hope for a sending from Donkor at midnight or one from Hal at dawn.

-----

After 45 minutes of slow going, the Distraction Team finds a nice open stretch of atypically even sand which looks like it might be comfortable enough to encamp in. Besides, Karek, Moonpate and Hurgah are all exhausted. Let me know how the earth elemental works and whether encamping involves a fire or food. If there's a guard shift, I'd love details on that as well. The full moon is especially large tonight. If you were back in the northern lands of Avistan, you would say this was a night for lycanthropes.


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

"Gandelplot Trapspringer, at your service. But you can call me Gandel," the halfling scholar introduces himself to the Mithral Scarab with a bow. "Indeed, we are Venture Captain Krenshar's men. Our party counted nine members when we left Sothis, although one of our number - the druid Thalia - betrayed us during our audience with the Exemplar. We saw her in the Exemplar's entourage a few moments ago. Another of our companions, Jason Belleson, was slain by the hydra Deca-Jaws yesterday. Three of our remaining number - Moonpate the Potentate, Hurgah the Reaver, and Karek Kogan - engaged the Exemplar's soldiers earlier this afternoon to afford the rest of us a chance to infiltrate the camp. However, the fourth member of our infiltration team, Donkor Sooron, elected to hang back and join up with us this evening. We haven't seen any sign of him so far, though."


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

"Name's Breach. And Gandel here sums it up real nice. Now, as Hal and yourself put it so well, let's move." Turning to the younger dwarf, "Hal, did ya have a place in mind to hide ourselves and the young lass? Or am I misrememberin'?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 8

"We did wish to investigate that mound you identified earlier no? Then into the desert to regroup with our friends in the morning. Unless the Scarab has a safer place for us".


Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
stats:
Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

"That's right! The mound. I was misrememberin'. Is that alright with you, lass? Unless like Hal said, you've a safer place for us."


Gandel wrote:

"Gandelplot Trapspringer, at your service. But you can call me Gandel," the halfling scholar introduces himself to the Mithral Scarab with a bow. "Indeed, we are Venture Captain Krenshar's men. Our party counted nine members when we left Sothis, although one of our number - the druid Thalia - betrayed us during our audience with the Exemplar. We saw her in the Exemplar's entourage a few moments ago. Another of our companions, Jason Belleson, was slain by the hydra Deca-Jaws yesterday. Three of our remaining number - Moonpate the Potentate, Hurgah the Reaver, and Karek Kogan - engaged the Exemplar's soldiers earlier this afternoon to afford the rest of us a chance to infiltrate the camp. However, the fourth member of our infiltration team, Donkor Sooron, elected to hang back and join up with us this evening. We haven't seen any sign of him so far, though."

Once Gandel fills her in, he can tell from the Scarab's reaction she has lots to say on this - or perhaps many questions. However, the conversation quickly turns to the matter of where to next and, for now, she does not get the chance.


For ease, we'll assume either Breach or Hal points to the southeast towards area "G" so that the Scarab knows what the dwarves are referring to as the mound.

Breach Shattershield aka Javell wrote:
"That's right! The mound. I was misrememberin'. Is that alright with you, lass? Unless like Hal said, you've a safer place for us."

"I can't think a lot of places a lot safer," she says quickly, "And I can take you there."

"Down there is where they hide the bodies of the dead slaves - it's a mass graveyard. It's tended by a powerful priestess of Pharasama who guards over the fresh graves from necromancers. She won't likely take kindly to strangers skulking around. A misunderstanding could turn ugly. i try to avoid there."

"Then again," she says looking back at the headless monk, "That might be the exactly right place to hide him. Other than the priestess there are no guards."

Thinking more she adds:

"I have a place I use to hide where I am safe from the scrying of the Sand Sage. We could talk there. It won't be long before he starts to look for us - he has eyes everywhere."

OOC: So to the graveyard? Or to the Scarab's hideaway? Or another location altogether? And what of the body?


Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

How about the graveyard? We could tell the priestess that we're working with Donkor - maybe she could help us locate him.

Gandel will use Detect Magic to scan the monk's possessions and remove any items of interest. Then let's wrap the body in the horse blankets and take it to the graveyard.


Gandel's magical search of the body reveals the following items of interest:

  • An unholy symbol of Asmodeus made from some sort of unrecognizable metal. It has a feint magical aura. It was on a thin chain, hanging around his neck. It fell off after his decapitation.

  • Secreted in a belt pouch, he has a stoppered vial, the glass of which has been carefully blown into the shape of a helix. It looks like it contains water. It is non-magical.

  • A pouch of Osiriani currency totaling the equivalent of 35 gp. So much for the immaterial monastic lifestyle.

  • A bright yellow gourd half-filled with a sickly black ichor. It is non-magical.

  • A jet black feather, perhaps from a large raven. The feather radiates a minor magic.

  • He wears a black hurthren, a traditional Osirion skirt for males made of hide leather. And he has a pair of sandals.


  • Seeing Gandel immediately go to work on the body, she smiles. "Now this one I can believe is a Pathfinder!"

    "Gandel was it? Not the Gandelplot Trapspringer from Absalom is it?"


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "Good idea Gandel, we don't want to leave a headless body lying so close to the thoroughfare anyway. After that let's go to your safe house Scarab".


    "That's twice you've mentioned Donkor -- he's the one Lady Thalia and the Sand Sage keep arguing about."

    "I'm not so sure it is wise to make contact with the Prelate. From what I've gathered, the her sect dispatched her to support the Exemplar and she is steadfastly loyal. If she pegs you for adventurers, or worse, Pathfinders, she's likely to kill you on the spot. Pharasma rarely takes kindly to 'looters of the dead'. But if you have a plan. . .""


    Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
    stats:
    Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

    Storing his axe and shield, "Aye, I'm with Hal. Let's get rid o' the body and move to the safe house. We'll be avoidin' this Prelate person... for now. A plan? Yeah we have a plan, don't we Morgrym?" He smiles wryly. "He'll let you know what it is when we're at the safe house." He gives her a wink. "Finish up, Gandel, and let's move, lad!" Breach moves to grab the monk and haul him out when Gandel's done looting the body. "One o' you lads grab his head! I canno' do everythin'." He says crankily.


    Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2
    The Mithral Scarab wrote:
    "Gandel was it? Not the Gandelplot Trapspringer from Absalom is it?"

    "Why, yes!" Gandel exclaims, surprise evident in his tone as he pauses in his examination of the deceased monk's various items. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. Have you heard of me?"

    "I can examine these items more throroughly when we're in a safe place," Gandel adds, gathering up the monk's former possessions. "I'm with Breach - let's avoid the Prelate if she's likely to turn us in to the Exemplar. Where did you say your safe house was?"


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "Very well let's get to the safehouse, along the way we van bury the body".


    Gandel wrote:
    "Why, yes!" Gandel exclaims, surprise evident in his tone as he pauses in his examination of the deceased monk's various items. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. Have you heard of me?"

    -----

    “Of course, “ she nods. “It's part of my job to be familiar with the Pathfinders. While I can't say I know them all, I should know the major archivists who study my country. As for you not knowing of me,” she smiles, “that too is the way it is supposed to be.”

    Gandel wrote:
    "I can examine these items more thoroughly when we're in a safe place," Gandel adds, gathering up the monk's former possessions. "I'm with Breach - let's avoid the Prelate if she's likely to turn us in to the Exemplar. Where did you say your safe house was?"

    -----

    “Safe house is perhaps too kind a description. I’ve been living off and on in a slave tent hidden in plain sight deep amongst perhaps a hundred others.” She points southwest [to area “B]” - the Tent City. “I ward the tent with a kind of magic and it’s kept me alive so far, but I’ve never had to conceal a group before. I’ll see what I can rustle up for disguises in time for dawn.” She looks at the burly armoured Hal and Breach and adds, “I’m not sure those two will go unnoticed for more than a few minutes in the daylight.”


    Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
    "Very well let's get to the safehouse, along the way we can bury the body".

    -----

    "May I suggest we keep off the paths then until we do." She bends down and picks up Vellaneer's decapitated head and holds it gingerly in front of her.


    Pact Stone GM wrote:

    After 45 minutes of slow going, the Distraction Team finds a nice open stretch of atypically even sand which looks like it might be comfortable enough to encamp in. Besides, Karek, Moonpate and Hurgah are all exhausted. Let me know how the earth elemental works and whether encamping involves a fire or food. If there's a guard shift, I'd love details on that as well. The full moon is especially large tonight. If you were back in the northern lands of Avistan, you would say this was a night for lycanthropes.

    -----

    OK, if I have it right, Moon will now hit the sack in the hope of getting the required rest to re-prepare his spells. Hurgah will watch over him and Karek will circulate around the rim of the camp. No fire, no food, no elementals. It'll be a cold and uncomfortable night, but hopefully one undisturbed by patrols.


    As for the infiltration team, I could use a bit of clarification, just so I don't misinterpret what you now intend.

    Is the plan to:

    A) Head to the grave pits and bury the body, but avoid the Prelate, and then head to the Scarab's tent.

    B) Head directly to the Scarab's tent as soon as possible, burying the body in a dune off of the paths somewhere along the way.

    C) Something else entirely.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 8

    "Is it posible just to hide inside a tent all day to escape notice? I am thinking that our companions will be joining us only under the cover of darkness anyway. In the morning I will be able to contact them all to set up a rendezvous point where we can all meet up, including you my dear. I would like to know tonight though what you have discovered about this pyramid".

    Probably makes sense to have Scarab decide where to bury this body, she will have a better idea as to where it can remian undetected for the longest amount of time. Edit: I vote for B above.


    Male Halfling Bard (Archivist) 6 / Pathfinder Delver 2

    I vote for plan B as well.


    Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
    "Is it possible just to hide inside a tent all day to escape notice?"

    -----

    Probably not, but my tent should be, at least for a time. I have a spell where we can hide inside a pocket of magic. Anyone looking inside will see an empty tent.

    Halstadt Morgrym wrote:
    "I am thinking that our companions will be joining us only under the cover of darkness anyway. In the morning I will be able to contact them all to set up a rendezvous point where we can all meet up, including you my dear. I would like to know tonight though what you have discovered about this pyramid".

    -----

    "Excellent Halstadt, the sooner we can get everyone together the better, I think. I’m afraid there’s a lot more going on here than Krenshar knows about and we don’t have much time."

    The Scarab starts to strike out, heading southwest but she abruptly stops. “That fresh corpse is probably going to leave a blood trail. Unless we have the means of solving that, I think we may need to bury it here. With the flashes of magic that were set off, we probably shouldn’t tarry much longer.”


    Male Dwarf Fighter 5/Rogue(Trapsmith) 2
    stats:
    Hp's: 77; AC 23, T: 12, FF: 18; Perc. +12; Fort: +9; Ref: +8, Will: +7

    Breach, realizing he hadn't thought of that, "Aye, probably be best. Alright, let's get 'im buried but quick."

    I like B plan also.

    3,151 to 3,200 of 6,763 << first < prev | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pact Stone Pyramid All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.