Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Beast & the Harlot: Dragoncat's Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Dragoncat

Current Date: Oathday, 30th of Pharast, 4711 AR

Current Chapter: Escape from Old Korvosa

One would think that having ended the Urgathoan threat to the city, our heroes would be granted more time to rest. But alas, that is not the case. For Queen Ileosa herself has condemned Old Korvosa to a slow death, and is forcing the Korvosan Guard and Sable Company out in favour of a military force loyal to her alone--her Grey Maidens.

She must be removed from the throne, and the man who has the authority to unite the Peerage in doing so is trapped somewhere in Old Korvosa.

Map of Korvosa

Vencarlo's Home

The Artist's Lair

The Emperor's Palace


4,951 to 5,000 of 5,180 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>

Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Ortik is too preoccupied with the leader to notice anything before Nalun charges towards the house. "You made your choice," he says, with some sadness in his voice. "If you're against us, you're against the city." He gives a small prayer, and the Old Dame lends her aid.

Casting bless, if I can. Also, HAPPY 100TH PAGE EVERYONE!!!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Demitri nods in agreement to Nalun. "Take them down." He states drawing his sword.


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

"Yes!" Karri shouts in a voice not entirely her own. She begins chanting and the process of reaching in.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

The thugs (rather shakily) draw their axes, and the battle is joined!

Initiative (Karri w/Familiar): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Initiative (Demitri): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Initiative (Lyla): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative (Ortik): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Initiative (Nalun): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Initiative (Thugs): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Initiative (Caster?): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

If you wish to keep the actions you've already declared, go ahead. Otherwise, Round 1: Demitri, Lyla & Nalun are up!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

War Domain Reroll for Karri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Go Karri!

Demitri moves and lets out a tirade for all those foes near him. "We gave you a chance to stand down and to live. You forfeited that chance!" His words are so hot that they threaten to light the thugs on fire.

Blistering Invective on all of them! DC 14 Reflex save or catch on fire.

Intimidate Check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
They take: 1d10 ⇒ 6


Halfling Alchemist 6/Swashbuckler 1 / HP 50 of 50 / F+6 R+13 W+2 / AC 21.17.15 (-1 AC vs. same size or smaller)/ Init. +5 / Perc +12

Lyla circles the thugs towards the house and sends a bomb flying right at the center of the gang. "Let us know when you're ready to surrender, chums!"

Ranged touch Atk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) + 6 = 12
Splash damage = 5 (Reflex DC 18 halves)
7 bombs left


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Nalun is still going for the door.


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Karri tries not to scream through clenched teeth as she begins to pull the Hounds from her flesh.

keeping the action ;)


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

GM Rolls:
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 2 = 17
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20

Two of the men's clothes spontaneously catch fire from Demitri's words...

GM Rolls vs. Bomb:
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 2 = 12
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 = 4

...and only one of the thugs manages to avoid the splash damage from Lyla's bomb. Burned, shaken and furious, the thugs try to rally and fight back!

Nalun kicks the door open with ease... and reveals a curious sight. An elven woman, with long, flowing hair that matches the colour of her black chainmail... body-stocking? Whatever her garment is, it's riddled with spikes. In one of her hands is a spiked chain, dripping with what looks like fresh blood. In her other hand is a silvery token on a leather lanyard--a token depicting a skull with a chain threading through its eye-sockets. Her pitch-black eyes look up at you in surprise, and she pauses in her prayer. Her mouth breaks into a sunny grin.

"Hi there! Hey, uh, mind if I join in?" She says as her spell continues.

The thugs charge the party and attack! Two of them (one of whom is on fire) start running at Karri, but the rough terrain in front of the house hinders their movement, two go for Demitri...

Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10

...with one of them managing to land a good hit.

Two go for Nalun...

Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
CRIT!: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5, 7) + 9 = 23

...with one of them managing to land a nasty chop to his collar, narrowly missing his neck! The other one, the other burning man, overextends and his axe hits the doorway.

And two going for Lyla.

Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8
Attack (Shaken): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

One stumbles and nearly falls while the other manages to hit her throwing arm.

Ortik is up, then the new caster!


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Ow. 26/49HP


Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

Ortik finishes casting his spell, and the city awakens, guiding the blades of his friends.

Finish casting bless.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

The elven woman finishes her spell, and her body briefly glows a bloody red. She steps forward, casually twirling her spiked chain. "Need some help, there?" She asks Nalun, her grin widening.

Round 2: Karri, Demitri, Lyla & Nalun are up!


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Shes a bad guy...right? I'm confused and I'm sure Nalun is as well.

Move Action:Study Target (Favored Target 1/2)
Attack Action: Stabzilla

Nalun returns the favor of the man who cut him!

Stabitty: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (5, 2) = 23

26/49HP


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Lightning Elementals!: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Karri ends her incantation a pulls forth a trio of thuder clouds. With almost preternatural speed they slam into her enemies. The first smashes into the man closest to Karri, driving tge man to the ground in a shower of sparks.

Trip, Spark Leap: 1d20 + 3 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 10 = 31

Her second fiend comes into reality on tge other side of the broken front window. Its tendrils of lightning stroke the black clad elf's chain, arcing electricity into her hands causing them to spasm and blister.

Disarm, Spark Mastery: 1d20 + 3 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 10 = 23

The final elemental turns the man in the middle into a dancing chicken. The lightning rides the man ever closer to tge building.

Bullrush, Spark Mastery: 1d20 + 3 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 10 = 25

The first ele should knock the axeman down, while keeping itself interposed between Karri and the victim. The seond ele should be in the building, adjcent to the (another) crazy elf, hopefully disarming her. The last ele is trying to drive the one unengaged axeman to the building.

Eles are AC14, HP15, DR3/Good


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Karri bides her time, glaring at the elf caster, Show me something new, fleshling! Legion clamors for release but Karri holds them in check.

Ready Action to interrupt any casting from the Elf. Magic Missle on tap.

Magic Maybe Missle: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 3 = 12

and what spell did she cast?
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Karri: You don't know.

Nalun: Well, she has a golden opportunity to beat you down, and it doesn't look like she's taking it...

Nalun drives the breath out of the man who stabbed him, and the lightning elementals begin swarming the field.

The lightning elemental on the elf throws a shock of electricity at her chain, but she manages to hold onto it. She recoils in surprise. "Whoa, whoa, WHOA! I'm trying to help you guys here, I swear!"

Lyla & Demitri are up!


Halfling Alchemist 6/Swashbuckler 1 / HP 50 of 50 / F+6 R+13 W+2 / AC 21.17.15 (-1 AC vs. same size or smaller)/ Init. +5 / Perc +12

Lyla clenches her teeth feeling the gash on her throwing arm, and activates her healing ability to close that wound and preserve the limb's utility. She tumbles away from the two men and retreats, landing close to Karri and Ortik. Catching her breath, the halfling girl quickly prepares a bomb and throws it at her opponents.

Immediate action - spontaneous healing 5 (5 points left)
Move action - Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Ranged Atk - bomb vs. target right in front of her: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) + 6 = 17
Splash damage = 5 (Reflex DC 18 halves)
6 bombs left


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Demitri Lashes out at the thug north of him.

Power Attack: 1d10 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 2 = 12
1d8 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 4 = 9


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

I have returned.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Lyla easily evades the ax blades of the thugs and her bomb immolates the one in the lead, causing him to scream in fright and agony. The second one manages to avoid the explosion entirely.

At this point, the two men turn tail and start running for their lives.

Fire Damage (Burning Men): 1d6 ⇒ 5

The fires from Demitri's words continue to burn.

Demitri doesn't have much luck in striking the thug to the north of him.

The remaining thugs start fighting back, now more out of desperation than anything else.

The two on Demitri start swinging...

Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Well.

...and all he has to do to dodge them is step back. Their axes clash in the middle with a loud, bone-jarring *CLANG!* It's almost as if Demitri is a seasoned warrior and these men are little more than glorified cutthroats.

CMB to avoid disarming themselves?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
CMB to avoid disarming themselves?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Somehow, they both manage to avoid dropping their axes from the force of the accidental parry.

The prone leader swings at the lightning cloud over his head...

Chop: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...and all his efforts amount to are wild flailing.

Nalun's two opponents press the attack...

Chop: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Chop: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

...and only one of them manages to land a blow this time. This one rakes across his breastplate and catches on his shoulder.

The last one swings at the elemental ramming into him...

Chop: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...and manages to land a blow. The lightning cloud seems to scoff at the blow--the fiendish resistances woven into its very being blunt the force of the strike.

Ortik is up!


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

19/49HP I sure hope that evil looking elf isn't really evil...


Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

"Mind if I borrow a bit of your elementals, Karri?", Ortik asks with a toothy smirk, and offers a prayer to the Old Dame. Soon, the air begins to smell of ozone, and a bolt of lightning slams down into the ground before Nalun.

Casting call lightning, and zapping the baddy to Nalun's left. He takes 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) = 10 points of electrical damage, Reflex DC 17 for half.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The bolt of lightning strikes the man square. His burning hair stands on end and he yells in more pain.

Noticing how battered Nalun's getting, the elf starts channeling another spell, trying to avoid the elemental next to her...

Concentration *Defensive Casting*: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 vs. DC 23

...only for Karri's waiting missiles to strike her as she casts.

Concentration *Injured*: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 vs. DC 31

DC 19 Spellcraft:
The spell Karri just interrupted was cure critical wounds.

The elf yelps as the missiles of force strike her. "OW! OW! OW!"

And the magic fades. She gives the party outside a look that's equal parts annoyed and... ecstatic? "Seriously! I'm trying to help!"

Round 3: Karri, Lyla, Demitri & Nalun are up!


Halfling Alchemist 6/Swashbuckler 1 / HP 50 of 50 / F+6 R+13 W+2 / AC 21.17.15 (-1 AC vs. same size or smaller)/ Init. +5 / Perc +12

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"Are you", Lyla retorts. "What are you doing with these guys, then?", she asks while tumbling and moving through the battlefield, still focused on the thugs, her bombs flying towards them.

Immediate action - spontaneous healing 5 (0 points left)
Ranged Atk - bomb vs. target south of Nalun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Oops, sorry Nalun.
Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 6 = 16
Splash area includes the other thwo thugs, excludes Nalun and the woman from the splash area. Damage = 5 (Reflex DC 18 halves)
5 bombs left


Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Ortik witnesses her casting, and while it's clear she's praying for intercession by some divine source, he has no idea what her prayer is - nor who she's calling out to.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Lyla's Bomb: Where'd It Go?: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Lyla's bomb ricochets off of one of the cutthroats' shields and explodes harmlessly away from the battle.

"I didn't know they were there! I was praying!" The elven cleric calls back.

Karri, Demitri & Nalun are up!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Demitri continues his fight against his two foes.
Activating Judgement of Justice

Bless, Power Attack, Justice: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 12
1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Demitri whiffs again. He has slightly better luck than the two chumps fighting him.

Karri & Nalun are up!


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Legion laughs in a echoing chorus emanating from Karri's throat. She crawls forward and asserts herself, though her voice is a mere squeak, "She's trying to heal Nalun!" Legion rushes back up and gets more bloody work. She closes in on Demitri, her hand out stretched. She grabs his sleeve and transfers some Legion's essence into to former guardsman. She hisses, Blessed are the servants!

Bull's Strength for Demitri. Casting while ankle deep in the water ;)

The elementals swarm about, punishing the thugs. Two mass around the man on the stairs, zapping and popping from both sides.

Proney McPronerson: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 5 + 3 = 15 for Damage, Electric: 1d4 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3) = 9

Flankedy Stairsman: 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 5 + 3 = 15
Damage, Electric: 1d4 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3) = 7

Flankedy Stairsman: 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 5 + 3 = 29
Damage, Electric: 1d4 + 2 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1) = 4


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Nalun takes a step backwards and drops into a defensive crouch, what the blademasters at the Citadel call the "Turtle"

Defensive Fighting: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (2, 2) = 20

Defensive Fighting2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 5


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Karri, only one of your lightning elementals can attack the one on the boardwalk. One is zapping the prone thug, one is engaged with a standing one (which I assume you're trying to flank), and the last one is in the house with the elf caster.


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Then it will fly out and set up a flank with it's partner. AoO as appropriate.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Nalun, having had enough of these cutthroats' shenanigans, drops into a defensive stance and guts the thug in front of him. He falls to the boardwalk with a gurgle, blood pooling around him.

The elf behind Nalun looks on in awe. "Ooh! Throw a coin in THAT fountain!" She titters.

The lightning clouds continue to shock and zap, but the relatively unharmed thug manages to avoid the first cloud's strikes...

AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

...and swings his axe blindly as the other cloud takes its leave of the caster and flies out the nearby window towards him. It responds to his wild flailing by zapping him.

Reflex Save *Burning Man*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Burn Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The smell of burning flesh fills the air as the burning man stands back on his feet...

AoO Zap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

...and the lightning cloud misses him as it goes for another zap. He looks around, notices Lyla next to him, and swings at her...

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

...and manages to hit her in the back.

Demitri's two opponents seem to come to a realization. One of them steps forward to swing at Karri...

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...and manages to land a vicious swipe at her legs.

The other one takes advantage of the distraction and leaps at Demitri!

Sneak Attack!: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14

Even when he's been handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter, his own ineptitude keeps him from making the most of it.

The last two focus their efforts on Nalun, both of them ignoring the lightning clouds in order to do so.

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Only the northernmost thug manages to get past Nalun's guard and slice off a chunk of his shoulder with his axe.

Ortik is up!


Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

Too many of them!, Ortik thinks, trying to decide where his next bolt of lightning should strike, finally deciding to continue aiding Nalun, as he's far more overextended than the rest of the group. A bolt of lightning blasts down again into the same ruffian as before.

Second lightning bolt to the same guy as before. He takes 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) = 8 points of electricity damage, save DC 17 for half.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

This time, the man nimbly hops aside of the lightning strike.

The elven cleric channels another spell, and touches Nalun on the back...

CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19

...and he feels surprisingly healthier. "Get 'em! You'll be fine!"

Round 4: Karri, Demitri, Lyla & Nalun are up!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Empowered by Karri's spell, Demitri slashes at his target again.

Bull, Justice, Power Attack, Bless: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Demitri lands a solid blow on the goon that attacked Karri!

Karri, Lyla & Nalun are up!


Halfling Alchemist 6/Swashbuckler 1 / HP 50 of 50 / F+6 R+13 W+2 / AC 21.17.15 (-1 AC vs. same size or smaller)/ Init. +5 / Perc +12

Lyla backs away from the burning thug and runs up to the house. She quickly mixes another bomb and throws it at the men threatening Nalun.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Ranged touch Atk - bomb vs. target southwest of Nalun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) + 6 = 19
Excluding Nalun from the splash area. Damage = 5 (Reflex DC 18 halves)
4 bombs left


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Nalun continues fighting defensively as he studies his next target's movement. Favored Target

Defensive Fighting with a flank!: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 16
Damage!: 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (4, 1) + (5, 4) = 24

HP 30/49 still upright!

Edit: Thanks GM, and I noticed I was flanking one of them...


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Nalun, you were just healed for 19.

Nalun's defensive stance, while effective at keeping blows away from him, proves to be less effective when going on the offensive. His rapier is narrowly deflected away by the cutthroat's shield, even with a lightning storm at his back.

AoO vs. Lyla: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Crit...?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Nope.
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As Lyla attempts to leap away, she stumbles on an errant bit of rock, and the cutthroat that attacked her seizes the chance to hit her in the back with his axe!

Reflex Save *Thug*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Reflex Save *Thundercloud*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The lightning elemental gets scorched by Lyla's bomb, while the other thug in the blast radius proves to be light enough on his feet to dodge lightning and fire.

Karri & Demitri are up!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Demitri takes another swing at his foe.

All the Buffs!: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Confirming: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Crit!?: 2d8 + 20 ⇒ (1, 6) + 20 = 27


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Demitri's final blow drives right into the man's ribs, skewering him and dropping him to the dirt.

Karri's up!


Female Human Sorceror (Tattooed) 6 / Black Fire Adept 1 | HP 44 | AC 14 FF 12 T14 | Saves +6/+6/+8 | Init +6 (+10) | Percep +2

Karri smirks at the man facing Demitri. Her echoing voice, "Last chance to flee Legion before you are dragged to the Pit!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 Hoping to give a -2 to his d20s for a bit ;)

The lightning elentals continue to discharge electricity into the thugs.

Proney: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 5 + 3 = 29 for Damage: 1d4 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3

Flanky1: 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 5 + 3 = 15 for Damage: 1d4 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4

Flanky2: 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 5 + 3 = 18 for Damage: 1d4 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + (2) = 3


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Karri's words prove quite intimidating to the outclassed rough.

The thunderclouds continue to shock and zap!

Reflex Save *Extinguish Fire*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The burning man finally manages to extinguish himself before turning his axe on the thundercloud...

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 3 = 6

...and hewing away a chunk of its bestial form.

Demitri's target nervously swings his axe...

Chop: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

...and this time, his aim is true. Perhaps it was the sight of his companion's death that inspired him to hit, for once.

The remaining two baddies on Nalun swing and slice at him!

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Chop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

They're still fighting on out of sheer desperation!

Ortik's up!


Dwarven Druid (Urban) 7 - HP: 57/57 - AC 17/T:11/FF:16 Fort: +7, Reflex: +3, Will: +9; Perception: +9

Ortik slams his fist into his palm again, sending another blast of lightning into the same man for a third time. "Fall or flee, fool!", he shouts over the din of battle.

Another lightning bolt from my call lightning spell, same DC as last round. Damage this time is 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18 electricity.


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Ortik's lightning finally strikes the thug on the top of his head. His body spasms, and the smell of burnt hair and flesh fills the air for a moment before he drops.

The elven caster looks a bit disappointed at not being able to join in. "Well, looks like things are more or less wrapped up now. Here, have another one." She pokes Nalun in the back again.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

He feels better, once again.

Round 5: Karri, Lyla, Demitri & Nalun are up!


Chelish Inquisitor 7 - HP: 59/59 - AC 26/24, T:13, FF:21 Fort: +9, Reflex: + 5, Will: +9 Perception: +11 (Effects:Judgement of Protection, Divine Favor)

Demitri turns his attention to the foe who had just hit him and swings.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Halfling Alchemist 6/Swashbuckler 1 / HP 50 of 50 / F+6 R+13 W+2 / AC 21.17.15 (-1 AC vs. same size or smaller)/ Init. +5 / Perc +12

Lyla focuses on the thug close to Ortik—the same one that caused the painful gash on her back. "You know, I hate when people are too stupid to just walk away, and then we are forced to do this", she complains while throwing another explosive mixture on her target.

5-foot step
Ranged touch Atk - bomb: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 7 = 17
Excluding the elemental from the splash area. Splash damage = 6
3 bombs left
(I just realized I wasn't applying the bonus damage from bless)


Male Slayer 7| AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | HP 57 | F +7 R +9 W +5 | Init +3 | Perc +10

Nalun stabs the man twice

Favored Target and Flank 1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 30
Damage!: 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 9 + (1, 3) + (3, 1) = 21

Favored Target and Flank 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 18
Damage!: 1d6 + 9 + 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 9 + (5, 4) + (2, 6) = 32


GM Who Must Be Feared & Obeyed (Or At Least Bribed With Cookies)

While Demitri misses his target, Lyla's bomb explodes and kills the last of Nalun's opponents. He then races forward and stabs the leader in the back, killing him with ease.

The last one realizes just how screwed he is, and bolts for his life.

Combat over?

4,951 to 5,000 of 5,180 << first < prev | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Beast & the Harlot: Dragoncat's Curse of the Crimson Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.