Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


51 to 100 of 69,160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Celestial Wolf N/A
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

A shriek comes from above. "WOLF!"

However, the kobold's expression quickly goes from shock to embarrassment as he recognizes the wolf. "Anybody asks," he mutters to Rune, "That was the lion."

Rune nods as he leaps around to corral the lion a bit before it tries to eat anybody.


F Sylph

"Uh-huh!" 'Sima nods at the kobold who asked about the cat and points up the stairs with her right hand. As she does so, she makes a pulling gesture with her left hand and a strong breeze blows her books back up into her arms. They're completely askew and papers are sticking out everywhere at weird angles, but at least she's got 'em again.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe quickly slams a hold monster shell into her Caster and takes aim at the lion.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Yeah, that's more than sufficient to hit a summoned lion. :)

"That should hold it until the casting time runs out," she called.


Hand resting on his broom, the janitor watches the lion, kobold, and wolf race by. Having his priorities straight, he checks to see if any or all of them have tracked dirt across the floor. He is surprised and delighted to note that neither boot nor claw nor paw have marred the stone.

Still, I should see what kind of mess is being made upstairs. He looks down and addresses the battered and wheeled pail. "Come along. There might be work for us."

The pail gives no response save to trundle slowly after Mr. Sinh who is mounting the stairs briskly.

:: squeee-squeee-squeeeeee ::


F Sylph

So, I'm completely ignorant of what a gunmage is or where the term comes from or how such a being does what they do, can you describe for me what their weapon sounds like? I mean, is it just like a normal gun, with gunpowder and muzzle lift and flash and big BOOM and etc. etc.?


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:
"On edge? What happened?"

"Right. You weren't here yet. Umm...well, Kamenwati, usually known as Kam or as the lead singer for Fly Free which was a popular student band and is now a slightly less popular student band, decided that he was tired of living with secrets. And at an assembly let the whole student body know that he was really a cambion demon. He's a good guy, and I consider him a friend. He's not evil. And if I can say that...let's just say I've had some bad run-ins with demons in the past. But Kam is different."

She holstered her weapon as if nothing had happened and noticed how freaked out Nasima looked.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look like you're feeling a little light-headed."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
So, I'm completely ignorant of what a gunmage is or where the term comes from or how such a being does what they do, can you describe for me what their weapon sounds like? I mean, is it just like a normal gun, with gunpowder and muzzle lift and flash and big BOOM and etc. etc.?

Yes, it's just like a normal gun. The only way you can tell the difference is that instead of a bullet there's a spell effect that was contained in a special bullet casing that I've always presumed sort of dissolves on impact. At least Ephebe's bullet casings do. Wouldn't do to put shrapnel in someone while healing them.


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
Yes, it's just like a normal gun. The only way you can tell the difference is that instead of a bullet there's a spell effect that was contained in a special bullet casing that I've always presumed sort of dissolves on impact. At least Ephebe's bullet casings do. Wouldn't do to put shrapnel in someone while healing them.

Hahahaa, I gotcha. Cool, thanks. Where did this class originate? It's a pretty nifty way to incorporate firearms, mechanically, and fluff-wise allows for some pretty colorful builds, I'd reckon. Cool stuff.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
So, I'm completely ignorant of what a gunmage is or where the term comes from or how such a being does what they do, can you describe for me what their weapon sounds like? I mean, is it just like a normal gun, with gunpowder and muzzle lift and flash and big BOOM and etc. etc.?

Mine looks a bit like Gene Starwind's from Outlaw Star.

"A cambian haven't met one of them before, but Amada is definitely not evil. She is the only reason I'm alive. Though some would probably call me evil because of my lineage so I definitely understand stereotypes."


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe quickly slams a hold monster shell into her Caster and takes aim at the lion.

"EEEK!" As Ephebe's gun goes off, Nasima shrieks in fright and covers her ears, causing her books to once again tumble to the floor in a great heap.


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

There is a pause after Ephebe fires her gun.

"Thanks," Vakkler calls. He sounds a little reluctant.


F Sylph
Asch Redgrave wrote:
Mine looks a bit like Gene Starwind's from Outlaw Star.

I have no idea what this is, I'll have to look it up when I get home. Searches at work are pretty heavily restricted and monitored. :-/


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:


"A cambian haven't met one of them before, but Amada is definitely not evil. She is the only reason I'm alive. Though some would probably call me evil because of my lineage so I definitely understand stereotypes."

"Yeah, well, join the club. You'd think at a school full of people that don't fit in anywhere else there'd be more leeway, but apparently not. Which means there are a lot of people here with secrets. I'm not sure Kam didn't have the right idea, but it's not always practical."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

There is a pause after Ephebe fires her gun.

"Thanks," Vakkler calls. He sounds a little reluctant.

"You're welcome!" she yelled back.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe quickly slams a hold monster shell into her Caster and takes aim at the lion.
"EEEK!" As Ephebe's gun goes off, Nasima shrieks in fright and covers her ears, causing her books to once again tumble to the floor in a great heap.

She bends down and starts picking up books. "We really need to get you a bookbag. If you're going to drop these every time something startles you you're gonna spend all your time picking them up."


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

DRA, I'm disappointed in you don't know what Outlaw Star is.

Asch pulls out his own caster and loads a boneshatter shell into it. "Just in case."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:

DRA, I'm disappointed in you don't know what Outlaw Star is.

Asch pulls out his own caster and loads a. Boneshatter shell into it. "Just in case."

"It pays to be prepared. Also, watch out in the bathrooms for the next day or two. My brother, Jimmy, checked out a book on plumbing this morning and this can only lead to tears. Of laughter on his part. His pranks can get a little out of hand sometimes."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

*Shakes head at Lynora's poor grasp of present/past tenses*
*Realization*
Darr.
:P


F Sylph
Asch Redgrave wrote:
DRA, I'm disappointed in you don't know what Outlaw Star is.

Haha, well you'll get used to it. People are always bringing up references I don't know. Look at it as your opportunity to make sure I get started off on the right foot with stuff. :-)


F Sylph
Ephebe wrote:
She bends down and starts picking up books. "We really need to get you a bookbag. If you're going to drop these every time something startles you you're gonna spend all your time picking them up."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't think they'd let us, but I suppose if everyone has...guns and lions and things, why wouldn't they? I guess. Oh I don't know what I was thinking." Looking into the cafeteria, Nasima points towards a back corner where there is no paper, and no one is sitting. "Is that the spot?"


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Asch Redgrave wrote:
DRA, I'm disappointed in you don't know what Outlaw Star is.
Haha, well you'll get used to it. People are always bringing up references I don't know. Look at it as your opportunity to make sure I get started off on the right foot with stuff. :-)

You need to watch it then.


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Krays and H'Tor watch the exchange...afte the gun goes off, starts to head back up the stairs...then hesitates, looking disappointed and mumbling about summoned creatures not leaving corpses...


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

<looks excited at first, then looks at Krays, and his shoulders roll forward in an airless sigh as he looks crestfallen>


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Krays looks to H'Tor and pats his arm

Draconic:
"I'm sorry H'TOr. Don't worry buddy, I'll make you a mount out of a large cat someday."


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

Looks at Krays then nods.
"...."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
She bends down and starts picking up books. "We really need to get you a bookbag. If you're going to drop these every time something startles you you're gonna spend all your time picking them up."
"You're right. I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't think they'd let us, but I suppose if everyone has...guns and lions and things, why wouldn't they? I guess. Oh I don't know what I was thinking." Looking into the cafeteria, Nasima points towards a back corner where there is no paper, and no one is sitting. "Is that the spot?"

"Yeah, right there. It kinda makes a wind tunnel. Which is probably nice for you. I'm sorry for startling you with the gunshot. I just didn't want the lion to hurt someone. I mean, Rune had it pretty well in hand, but it pays to be careful with wild animals in a school, you know?"


Sinh eyes the petrified lion with a frown, silently debating. Decision made, he pulls out a trash bag and slides it beneath the rear end of the beast with his foot, saying to no one in particular, "Just in case." and inadvertantly spurring an ontological discussion on whether summoned creatures poop.


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
Yes, it's just like a normal gun. The only way you can tell the difference is that instead of a bullet there's a spell effect that was contained in a special bullet casing that I've always presumed sort of dissolves on impact. At least Ephebe's bullet casings do. Wouldn't do to put shrapnel in someone while healing them.
Hahahaa, I gotcha. Cool, thanks. Where did this class originate? It's a pretty nifty way to incorporate firearms, mechanically, and fluff-wise allows for some pretty colorful builds, I'd reckon. Cool stuff.

I wrote up game stats for the Arcane Gunslinger prestige class for a Dragonstar campaign I played in years ago. As has been stated elsewhere, my inspiration for the class was the main character in the anime series Outlaw Star.

And Lynora has the somatics correct for the Caster - the shells do dissolve/disintegrate on impact, and cannot be reused. It actually makes less noise than a normal gun when fired, but the spell effect (especially if it's an offensive spell) usually makes up for that :)


Male Elven (reincarnated - originally Human) Fighter 5 / Wizard 10 / Arcane Gunslinger 10 / Arcane Gunmaster 5
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
So, I'm completely ignorant of what a gunmage is or where the term comes from or how such a being does what they do, can you describe for me what their weapon sounds like? I mean, is it just like a normal gun, with gunpowder and muzzle lift and flash and big BOOM and etc. etc.?

Taking Ephebe's shot as an example, Nasima would have heard a muffled shot (not as quiet as a pistol with a silencer on it, but somewhat close), seen no muzzle flash, and heard no sound upon 'impact' (it was just a hold monster spell, after all). When an Arcane (or Divine) Gunslinger truly goes on the offensive, everybody will know it - trust me ;P

Asch Redgrave wrote:
Mine looks a bit like Gene Starwind's from Outlaw Star.

Of course it does. Apprentices always craft their first Caster with aspects of their master's incorporated into it. It's very similar to the way Jedi craft their first lightsabers (and the Order of the Arcane Gunslingers has a strong Jedi 'vibe' to it - just without the emotional detachment).

Here Endeth the Lesson - now game on. (^.^)


Male Half-Celestial Wolf N/A
Ephebe wrote:
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Ephebe wrote:
She bends down and starts picking up books. "We really need to get you a bookbag. If you're going to drop these every time something startles you you're gonna spend all your time picking them up."
"You're right. I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't think they'd let us, but I suppose if everyone has...guns and lions and things, why wouldn't they? I guess. Oh I don't know what I was thinking." Looking into the cafeteria, Nasima points towards a back corner where there is no paper, and no one is sitting. "Is that the spot?"
"Yeah, right there. It kinda makes a wind tunnel. Which is probably nice for you. I'm sorry for startling you with the gunshot. I just didn't want the lion to hurt someone. I mean, Rune had it pretty well in hand, but it pays to be careful with wild animals in a school, you know?"

"Woof".


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

With a sharp snap of Asch's wrist his caster opens up and his shell pops into the air where he catches it and slides it back inside his coat. "Well that certainly was entertaining. I was almost not bored."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6
Asch Redgrave wrote:
With a sharp snap of Asch's wrist his caster opens up and his shell pops into the air where he catches it and slides it back inside his coat. "Well that certainly was entertaining. I was almost not bored."

She looked at him sharply. "Not another one! We just got Taron to stop being bored with everything!" she said wryly. "And if you feel the urge to burn anything...don't!" ;P

No reason for you to know this, but there's a family joke here. Taron made a pyre for her barbies when they were kids because he was bored.:)


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife16/oracle10/divine gunslinger6

Ephebe shivered as a feeling of intense cold washed over her. She glanced over her shoulder. In the far corner of the cafeteria a boy with impossibly dark eyes was watching her intensely. She yelped and ducked under a table, shaking with fear.


Male Dhampir Champion of Darkness, Order of the Gunslinger initiate

"I'm not bored wit....huh?" He starts to say then stops when he sees her duck underneath a table. "What the hell are you doing?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Krays observes the exchange...but decides he's too hungry and goes into the cafeteria to get food.


F Sylph

Nasima is sitting in the spot Ephebe pointed out, and as the wind roars over her, she relaxes. Even here her hair twists and spins and stretches and reaches like a thing alive; one moment it is a solid mass, the next it is slim tendrils with surprising reach, the next it is long, lightly brushed cirrostratus clouds, all fluffy ripples and fading edges. As she concentrates, she listens to the wind speak to her. It is not a natural wind, so its conversation is very limited, but it sings in an ordered litany of sights and passages and textures not unlike certain zephyrs she has encountered high in her mother's castle:

'paper|metal|bolt|rivet|rivet|paper|gum|hair|dust|dust|dust|SINH|bucket|FIRE |paper|student|dust|dust|dust'

'Sima giggles at the silly little song the self-serious machine-produced gust sings, but it is not a laugh of derision or mockery so much as it is one of relief at hearing a familiar sound, even if filtered through an alien lens. At least for a moment, Nasima feels calm and relaxed.

"Ephebe you were right!" exclaims the young sylph, who by now is in a full seated lotus position and hovering four feet off the floor. "This is basically perf-- uh, 'Phebe? Wh...what are you d-?' She looks at Asch in confusion. 'What is she doing down there?'


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

As Krays enters the cafeteria, he scans the room ,to see who and what's about, and more importantly to see where the food line starts

Perception:
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler is walking by, carrying a fanged toad, when he notices Krays looking around. The kobold enters the cafeteria.

Draconic:
"Did one of them take your wallet?"


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

Vakkler is walking by, carrying a fanged toad, when he notices Krays looking around. The kobold enters the cafeteria.

** spoiler omitted **

krays starts a bit then turns and bows slightly

Draconic:
"Ahh..Mr. Relkav. No, I have not been burgled. I'm looking to see where to get the food from, and honestly if there's anyone in here who's company I may wish to avoid. Umm...does theft happen here often?"


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Krays wrote:
Vakkler Relkav wrote:

Vakkler is walking by, carrying a fanged toad, when he notices Krays looking around. The kobold enters the cafeteria.

** spoiler omitted **

krays starts a bit then turns and bows slightly

** spoiler omitted **

Draconic:
"That would depend on who you're with. Those lot over there, for instance."

The kobold points to Ephebe's table.
Spoiler:
"Most of them have powerful friends. Teachers, elementals. I'd say they're dangerous, but everyone here is dangerous. As such, they might be the best protection you could get."

He pauses.
Spoiler:
"What in the Underdark is that girl doing? Bah, excuse me a moment."

Vakkler walks to the table, looking annoying. "Hey!" he snaps at Ephebe. "Does this look like a playground to you? You eat above the table."


F Sylph

Nasima, who is still floating some four or five feet up, raises an eyebrow inquisitively at Asch, as if to say "Huh? Who's this guy?" then she looks timidly at Vakkler. "But...sir, um, we're not eating."


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3
Nasima Shearskye wrote:
Nasima, who is still floating some four or five feet up, raises an eyebrow inquisitively at Asch, as if to say "Huh? Who's this guy?" then she looks timidly at Vakkler. "But...sir, um, we're not eating."

"Then why are you in the cafeteria?"


LOL! Just want to say, Vakkler, a lot of your lines are cracking me up!


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Looks under the table at Ephebe
"Umm...she...looks ...terrified."
Looks up at Vakkler
"Is that the right word?"
He then looks up at Nasima, and his eyes go wide
"Oooh you can fly! That's neat!"
Krays then gets quiet with a concerned look on his face
"You're not gonna blow up the cafeteria, are you? Is that why she's under the table?"


Male Half-Celestial Wolf N/A
Ephebe wrote:
Ephebe shivered as a feeling of intense cold washed over her. She glanced over her shoulder. In the far corner of the cafeteria a boy with impossibly dark eyes was watching her intensely. She yelped and ducked under a table, shaking with fear.

Rune's ears come to attention from the stairs as he is coming back down. He flies into the cafeteria and lights next to the table Ephebe is under. His hackles are up, and a menacing growl comes from the normally mild-mannered wolf as he locks his senses on the threat in the far corner of the cafeteria.

Through the link he shared, he lets his master know that Ephebe could be in danger...


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

moves out of the way of the large wolf, then looks at his body language
Sense Motive:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Senses some sort of danger is about and calls out quietly

Draconic:
"H'Tor, to me."

Dark energy seems to rise from the hems of his robe...flitting off to a point next to him, and coalecses into H'Tor


The quiet janitor enters the room to avert a tater-tot crisis. Several of the delicious golden-brown beauties have slipped free from a student's plate and are escaping across the floor in the general vicinity of the growling wolf.

Sinh's broom works to corral the escapees as he covertly watches the goings-on.

Stealth (being inconspicuous): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Sense Motive 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Bluff (to seem disinterested) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Kobold Expert 6/Rogue 4/Fighter 3

Vakkler stares at Ephebe. "Ah. I'm, erm, sorry, student. I'm not very good at human emotions." He turns to the others. "And what is going on?"
He misses Krays's display of magic.
Thanks, Stormraven.
*Swelled head crashes through the roof*
Ow. Why does that keep happening?


Was male... Formerly, kobold Bonded advanced skeletal companion

Draws an ornately crafted greatsword out of the folds of his robe, a pale green energy wafts off of runes carved along it's blade. H'Tor begins scanning the room while standing in a relaxed, but ready position, as if waiting for a command or a target to appear


Male Kobold (Young Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle 16 Necromancer; Champion of Death

Looks around for an obvious threat, then looks at the wolf
"What is it?"

51 to 100 of 69,160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.