Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shrina Xul (Inactive)

Game Master OmniChaos

The drow begin to move, they march to reclaim the lost city. Their agents sent forth to impose their will and shape the lands abandoned long ago.


101 to 150 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

They no longer see the cycle because they have abandoned the place, considering it ill luck. They will never know if it is stopped.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7
Brang'el Ransin wrote:
They no longer see the cycle because they have abandoned the place, considering it ill luck. They will never know if it is stopped.

"In that case I am will follow your plan."

Yasaen then looks to the rest of the party.

"Do you wish that to be number 1 on our list?"


"I'm fine with that. Even if we pretend to be forlorn, we should still gather some information about the current situation outside." Elbennon says "Having a another base of operations would be good."


M Drow Noble Magus 7

I know little about ghosts. Rumors are that they are hard to control without a powerful necromancer and are impacted little by magic. I believe we will end up fighting whatever is in there, but if that is where you wish to start I have no objections.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

I think the idea for me to fly around the area invisible and scpoe it out and get a good layout of the building.

I will be back in a few minutes with a report.
He casts invisibility after changing to appear like a normal Elf, then casts Fly and heads over to that building. He will do a fly over and around at a height of about 50' for about a minute before heading back to the party.


Elrivor quickly gets confronted upon landing by angry bat rider's.

"Stay out of the skies or next time we wont stop our bats from eating you. Their is enough stuff flying around this bright surface world without you among them."

Feel free to roll a Sense Motive or Knowledge (local) if you can.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

sense motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Be careful batrider, we are tasked with helping to take this city, not just patrol it.
I will use what powers I have at my disposal, you just worry about your patrols and keep the stinking Elves from sneaking up on us!

Do the batriders have som ability to see invisible or is it just the bats sensed something? Or am I unsure at this point?
What information did I learn about the location?
Did I see any creatures landmarks of note on the way there, at the location or on the way back?


Sense Motive:

You get the sense that the bat rider fears something above the city. Something very dangerous, that they would rather avoid.

The bat rider snorts at your answer.

"You know nothing so you understand nothing."

He mounts up taking to the skies with the rest, not making a sound. They are gone as quickly as they appeared.

Report:

You could not find the exact building due to the forest tree's blocking most of your view from the air. You did notice that only half way towards the area that their was almost no activity. The rumor of it being cursed keeping nearly everything away. The area you passed with activity was mostly elven patrols and lone or groups of monsters.

I assume you took a direct line towards the building so you only passed over tree's and building's mostly with only a few bits of road. If your going to scout with detail you need to make perception checks, and survival or knowledge (local) checks for specific locations. But once you have been to a place you do not have to make the survival or knowledge checks in the future if your in the general area. As for the bats they sensed you, they dont rely on their eyes alone. While they cant snatch you out of the sky like a bird, a group like the bat riders could use them to swarm you dispite not knowing your precise location while invisible. Glad I gave you the insignia's early ;)


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Then tell me what I don't know instead of chiding me like a child, soldier! he says back to the drow as they fly off.

They should learn respect for their betters! he says to the others.

I couldn't find the building for some reason, it might be magically hidden. I did see patrols of elves and some monsters though.

Any details on the monsters? Unless they were using stealth I believe the perception DC for standing in the open is a DC 5 for 50' distance which I can tap with a +7 perception skill. Thanks.


I misread your post a little, but not going to retcon. Anyways you would have to roll Knowledge (arcana/nature/planes/religion) to ID what kind of monsters, the information dependent on the roll. I will be taking into account your unfamiliarity with the surface but also your familiarity with things drow would know of. Elves is a given sense your drow. ;)


M Drow Noble Magus 7

My skills: Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Knowledge Dungeoneering 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Knowledge Planes 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Knowledge:

From your knowledge of monsters you are able to remember a number of them. Those that come to mind are the Gibbering Mouther and Black Pudding. As well as Barghest, Babau, Vrock, Dretch, Bebilith, and Belker. You are aware of all common demon traits and the well known abilities of Dretch demons. You recall Babau demons specialize in assassination, their surprise attacks being deadly. Also coming to mind is the Belker, not demonic in nature but rather an elemental from the plane of air, common elemental and air traits well known to you. It is also known that the Belker fights with a number of natural attacks, among them its smokey form can enter a victim to attack from with in.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Looks like the way there is going to be dangerous. We should proceed with caution.

He then proceeds to describe what he saw in his fly-over. Please read the spoiler.

Whoever has the best ability to be in front and stay hidden should lead the way.

With that he is ready to go.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"Elrivor did all these monsters appear to be working together or do they just happen to be in the same area? If they are working together we need to know why. If they are not working together then we need to find out why they are not attacking each other and focusing on the elves. There might be something inside the city that our employer wants, and not exactly the city itself."


M Drow Noble Magus 7

They seemed to just be wadnering the area correct GM Irthos?

I believe them to be fairly random in nature.


As far as you know yes.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"Some of these creatures are intelligent. Harassing an elven city for no reason does not make sense. What we do know is that us and monsters both seem to want the city. I might be wrong, but I think it is a good assumption. Hopefully we can find out why, but I think we should deal with the spirit first, or at least find out why we should leave it alone."


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Agreed, just expect to have to fight your way there.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

My only concern is that as the Spider, I am rather recognizable. When I am not, my usefulness is decreased.


"Well, we knew to expect a fight no matter what. Hopefully it can be avoided for now, but we'll see." Elbennon says. He takes out the shuriken and begins to apply poison to them. Will apply all the poison I took, and save them for later.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"If we are still going to visit the spirit then we need a route that would help us avoid the monsters. Were you able to find such a route?" Yasaen says to Elrivor


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Not really, I was focused on trying to find the building. Also I am not sure they were really staying in one place like an obvious lair. We should proceed as quiet as we can wit our best scout in the lead...that would not be me.

If we get to a area I recognize if you can just let us know and I will share the information with the group.


"I'm sneaky and decently observant. I can go invisible many times per day, but that didn't help any under ground. I'm also in a weakened state from the drake's poison." Elbennon chimes in.

+16 stealth, +10 perception


M Drow Noble Magus 7

We have rested at least 1 day, you should gain some of your ability damage back.
Maybe you could find out if they have any potions of lesser restore they can sell you out of the armory if you are still down in a significant manner?


Elbennon will go find the leader of the other drow and ask him, "Do you have any restoration potions I could have or buy?"

Currently down 3 con.


I think you meant quartermaster.

The drow who had brought forth the items to the commander was found in his own room which held a number of items behind a large desk directly in front of the entrance. He looks you over a moment.

"We have some potions of lesser restoration, they cost 300 gp each"


"I'll take two." Elbennon says, handing over 600 GP.

Drink one 1d4 ⇒ 1 damn...

Alright, we can leave now. I'm to scout ahead?


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

I am ready.


Elbennon will activate his insignia to look like an elf before they leave.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Ready. As soon as we lose sight of the Drow area Elrivor will draw out his Wand of Mage Armor.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

I will activate my insignia also before heading above ground.


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Ready. I cast mage armor on myself.


Confirm road or off road travel.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Off road please!


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

Off Road. Activating my insignia and summoning the spider.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Offroad and I did bring Monty(the Mantis).


You choose to avoid the roads and take a direct route to your location. The thick patches of forest, wild plants, and ruins make this tough time consuming going.

Make a Survival check along with any other skill you think is needed. You can also make a knowledge (geography) check to gain a bonus to a survival check or aid another for the person making the check.


Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Elbennon will creep quietly along with some shuriken in his hands. He will stick to cover wherever possible, keeping his eyes peeled for any threats.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Suggest we just take 10's...I don't have either skill but can study any Drow maps of the area and take a rank in Geography next level.


Taking 10s

Survival 11

Perception 18

Stealth 12


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Taking 10's
Stealth 9--Sorry fellas. Hopefully we can stay far enough away that the distance helps us out.
Survival 17
Perception 31

Taking 10
Monty's stealth 11


The group moves thru the patches of forest and ruin without losing their way, none the less it is slow going. At one patch of forest Yasaen just catches sight of something. A spider the size of an elephant is about to attack. Two barbed and razor edged front claws raised.

Yasaen can take an action, everyone else did not notice it. Elbennon your hidden due to stealth roll, so it is not aware of you yet.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

Crap, I know what that is. :(
Drow sign language without looking at the monster. I learned my lesson with the deep drakes about pointing.

"There is a creature <indicates direction in sign language without pointing>. We need to go now."

Standard action assuming the drow sign language left me enough time-->Cast Wrath: +2 morale bonus to attack and damage, and to overcome SR--just in case retreating is not an option.


M Drow Noble Magus 7

Elbennon is slightly ahead of us and in stealth mode so he probably wouldn't notice your sign, although it helps the rest of us.
Sign back, If it sees us stop and retreat it will probably attack, we act now!

Wait for confirmation, but my immediate action hopefully before it can act is to cast Mirror Image.

mirror images 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Elrivor you cant take a action yet even if made aware of it by Yasaen. Yasaen just has fast reflexes (higher init). ;)

The spider creature rears up firing web at Brang'el. The web wraps up the drow entangling him.

Web:

RTA (DC 23, 12 hp)
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Brang'el is entangled. Combat has started. Round 1, PCs turn. The spider creature is 45 feet away.


Round 1

Elbennon will fling his shuriken at the spider's weak points.

Use a Ki point to activate Flurry of Stars, then attack with Rapid Shot. 5' step if it will put me within 30' of the monster.

Attack 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (+1 more within 30')
Damage 1d2 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3, 2, 3) = 12

Attack 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 (+1 more within 30')
Damage 1d2 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (2, 2, 4) = 12

Attack 3 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (+1 more within 30')
Damage 1d2 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1, 2, 3) = 10

Attack 4 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 (+1 more within 30')
Damage 1d2 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3, 6, 5) = 18


M Drow Noble Synthasist Summoner 7

The Spider disdains the web he has been caught in and brings his strength to bare but fails to burst it. Strength check 1d20 + 7 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 3 = 18 He when that fails, he still advances on the enemy. move toward the big spider 15ft.


Can't move when entangled, that's most of the point.


Retract last statement. I was completely wrong. Sorry.


male Drow Noble Inquisitor 7

"Hey how do we handle this thing?" <--cue for anyone with knowledge planes.

Move action: put away melee weapon
Standard action: draw shortbow
swift action: bane shortbow.
current attack vs monster +12 with shortbow
damage will be 1d6+8 when I get to attack.

101 to 150 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shrina Xul All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.