Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) (Inactive)

Game Master stormraven

High-Power Pathfinder Homespun Game


5,451 to 5,500 of 7,012 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>

The cyclops eyes the buried door with a practiced single eye...

"Hmmmm... clearing rock not hard but slope maybe keep coming down, like sand in pit - fill in as you clear it. Could be an hour or two... IF I wanted to do it." Not entirely stupid, he looks at Ushari. "You want stone moved. I want her give me healths. Fair trade?"

Know: Rocky Mountain High... 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31


Ushari stares at Rumblestone for a moment, then glances down at her ill-suited attire. Lovely...HE was the one who started this, and he wants ME to undo the consequences of his OWN actions! I don't trust him here...

"Rumblestone, just how much healing are you asking for here? I may not have enough divine energy to restore you to full health." ...Nor would I want to either.

She glances towards the other party members, silently waiting for their thoughts on this proposed trade.


DM

Bluff, please?


Bluff 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 = 26 prayer


I think we are pushing the back-end time limit of your Prayer spell.

Popeye smells something slippery in Ushari's answer but can't pin it down. He hrrumphs. "Wanna feel good enough to hunt and not get hunted." Call it 50% HP.

He shrugs, "You dig door out, if you want."

Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25 circumstance


Ohhh, OK. We can say that +1 is from her Charming trait then ;)...also keep in mind her dress and heels...:P


DM

I gave you the Prayer bonus and you aren't Rumblestone's type... too many eyes, too much hair, and too small. But he would like to try on your heels...


WHAT?? I mean he is what 9' tall and a thousand pounds? What's a few more inches? I don't think they make heels that BIG anyway, he he.


I don't get in the habit of healing my enemies, especially ones who attacked unprovoked, and tried to cut me in half or drop a mountain on me. You're only alive because we honored our word--don't forget that.[b]

The teacher adjusts the straps on his cestus as he turns his head to Jofram, not knowing who else speaks Elven.

Elvish:
[b]I don't trust him. If we want to get back through the door, we should have him move the rocks BEFORE we heal him, maybe tell him we'll heal him if he goes through the door with us. If he starts any trouble in the Crossroads he'll be sorry. If we want to go to the town instead, best to leave him now while we have the upper hand. I assume this one's patience runs short.


Rumblestone glares. "You on MY mountain first. Don't want help? OK. You dig door out. I rest here."


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Orin - I can't see that spoiler

Jofram waves off Orin, not wanting to stir the cyclops to violence once again. < "Apologies, Rumblestone. He is just on edge, because of the great fierceness you've shown this night. You guard your mountain well and proudly." >

Laying his gauntleted hand on Rumblestone, Jofram whispers words of power and sends healing energy into the cyclops, knitting flesh and excising arrows that he himself inflicted upon it.

Cure Moderate Wounds (Prayer): 2d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 + 1 = 14


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse is surprised by Jofram's actions, but covers them by giving the cyclops a smile. "See? We're not half-bad for small-two-eyes. So what say you help us open this door up?"

Mentioning the door again seems to trigger something in Jayse, and he looks at the door with a look of curiosity. "Speaking of which, Rumblestone... has this door always been here?"


Ushari gives Jofram a surprised look as he heals Rumblestone. Once finished, she walks over to the cyclops and examines his wounds. Heal check, take 10, total 25. She then bathes the area with her deities power.

basically 'Shari wants to bring Rumblestone to 50% HP. Here are her Channel rolls:
#1: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1) = 8 use 4/6
#2: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 6) = 20 use 5/6 (if necessary)
BTW, she will also heal Jofram.

After the healing has been taken care of, she glances at Jayse, a look of approval in her eyes. Good question there.


Straehan Prestidigitates the grime from everyone.


Rumblestone seemed more sullen than angry at Orin's comment but his feathers are considerably less ruffled after Jofram's compliments and the healing he receives.

I'll have to update his HP when I get to my other computer but I suspect you'll need the equivalent of at least another two channels to get him in the vicinity of 50%

The cyclops considers what little you can still see of the door. "No, never seen magical door before. Never heard of one from others."

He gets up slowly and moves to the door, beginning to dig it out. The cyclops wasn't wrong about the task. The loose shale buries the door almost as quickly as he uncovers it. After 30 minutes of digging it out like a dog - two-handing massive scoops of earth between his legs and flinging them down the mountainside - the flow of new rock into the depression before the door slows to a trickle. Rumblestone then uses his body as a dam to block more material from sliding in and 'sidestrokes' the rock blocking the door. In a bit over an hour, the dusty door is revealed.

INT Check 1d20 ⇒ 12

Duration 1d2 ⇒ 2


STONE-FACED KILLA

At the beginning of Rumblestone's work, Jayse tries to help, but quickly realizes he's just in the way. Resigning, he steps away, talking while the big guy moves what seems like an entire mountain's worth of rubble, "I had wondered that. We didn't intend to be on your turf, Rumblestone. That door -- odd as it may seem -- was in another place an hour ago." He shrugs, "I don't fully understand it myself. But the bottom line is that we didn't intend to encroach on your land here. We didn't know where we were."


"Hunters hunt; fighters fight. It is what we do. I still live, so are you. Good things." The cyclops seems to be trying to say, 'no hard feelings'.

With the door cleared, you have about 2.5 hours to transition.


DM

Additional Channels... all characters are fully healed and Rumblestone is at 50%+

4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 2) = 20
4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 6, 6) = 20


SR: Ushari had only one additional channel left, not two (although I will take yer rolls instead of mine, he he.)


DM

No worries. The team is still healed up.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse nods to the cyclops, still regarding the door. "So, the door will stay here for another two-and-a-half hours, after which -- if I understand things correctly -- Crossroads will move on and probably not return to Miir until the connection to the Mainland in a couple of days and then Orfallen a few after that. So we can head back through the doors and kill some time in there or we can stay on this side of the doors... heading out of Rumblestone's territory and down to one of the towns."

He looks up, catching everyone's eye, "So, now we vote." His eyes stop on Orin and Straehan -- who has been silent up til this point. "All of us vote. Crossroads or stay here? My vote is to go back into Crossroads. We have enough on our plate without having to find a way to get back to Orfallen on foot or boat."


DM

Vote Tabula-tron

  • Crossroads - 1
  • Towns - 0


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

"Agreed. I thought the door was destroyed for sure; I think we're better off heading back there."

With a sharp whistle, he calls Vaelos back from the sky.


Ushari looks down the mountainside slope through the darkened sky towards where the town Flyn lays. She seems to mark the location in her mind and a small oath is uttered from her lips.

She sighs and then returns to where the door to Crossroads beckons. "It would be for the best then. We can return here later when we are better...equipped."

As I said before, I am NOT walking back to Orfallen in these heels!


I agree, let's head back. Perhaps the management would like to know the precise location of this door, if they don't already know.


Vote Tabula-tron

  • Crossroads - 4
  • Towns - 1

Straehan surveys the dark valley, pulls at his goatee a bit, and shrugs. "I doubt we'll ever mount a venture this way again. It's a long way to hike just to track down a stray hair like L.C.... but that's fine. We don't really have a dog in this fight, do we?"

So head back into Crossroads and fast forward until the door is back in Orfallen?


Sure thing. In the down time I'll want to use the cause fear scroll from my robe to teach it to Filch, an I'll want to memorize different spells now that I'm traveling in a group.


Straehan wrote:
Straehan surveys the dark valley, pulls at his goatee a bit, and shrugs. "I doubt we'll ever mount a venture this way again. It's a long way to hike just to track down a stray hair like L.C.... but that's fine. We don't really have a dog in this fight, do we?"

Ushari counters, "I don't know Strae...we know next to nothing about this L.C. individual. I am not saying she is a threat to us...but there is a small chance she IS. I DON'T want to get caught off guard like we were when we faced Dinwat." She tugs at the sleeve of her dress and glances at her heels. "However, I would MUCH rather be fully equipped before heading to Flyn."


Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari counters, "I don't know Strae...we know next to nothing about this L.C. individual. I am not saying she is a threat to us...but there is a small chance she IS. I DON'T want to get caught off guard like we were when we faced Dinwat." She tugs at the sleeve of her dress and glances at her heels. "However, I would MUCH rather be fully equipped before heading to Flyn."

Straehan shakes his head. "You're missing my point. I doubt we're going to spend weeks traveling here on the off chance of tracking down L.C. without a better reason than the connection to that damn Necromancer." He looks over at the monk. "I'm pretty sure Jayse doesn't have much interest in L.C.... and I can't imagine he'll want to check Flyn out when it'll be a long trek to get here. I'm not complaining - just calling it like I see it."


DM

DM Stuff:
Locations:
Door #1: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Door #2: 1d100 ⇒ 47
Door #3: 1d100 ⇒ 32
Door #4: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Door #2 Re-roll: 1d100 ⇒ 37
Door #2 Re-roll: 1d100 ⇒ 78


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse nods at Strae's assessment of his own motives, "True, but if there's a compelling reason to stay, I'm happy to hear it." He grins, "I've said it before and I'll say it again… I don't plan on going and picking fights with every mage of questionable morality on the Isles. Just seems like a quick way to end up worm-food."


Ushari sighs, "I know exactly what you mean Jayse, but try telling that to Dinwat. Sometimes we don't always get to stay out of those fights." She shrugs, "I just wanted to learn more about her anyway, to see if she is indeed a threat to everyone on the Isles." She shivers in the over-sized jacket Jayse had loaned her. "Let's get out of here."


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse barks a laugh, "And yet you still want to go rooting around in the mage's business. Now, if you want to go poking around for mages to kill… we ever hear anything about ole Boo? That's a guy who deserves some… uh… friendly visits." Each of the two last words are annunciated with the flat WHAP of fist on palm. He gives Orin an off-hand smile, "You'd love our friend Boo… if ever there was a man who needed some martial schooling…"

He waits for Ushari to head through the door first, wanting make sure the cyclops doesn't get any funny ideas as they leave. That in mind, he turns back to Rumblestone, "Hey, if we're ever in the area, should we stop by for a chat? Maybe bring you something special from the big city?" His smile is genuine despite his caution.


Rumblestone seems intrigued by the idea of a friendly visit from small two-eyes. "You can stop by. You are not dumb-weak two-eyes. I like meat. You bring cow or something... would be nice."

As you make your way through the doorway, Rumblestone makes no offensive action - far more curious about how you vanish through a black doorway and don't step through the back of it.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

With Vaelos alighted on his gauntlet, Jofram bids farewell to Rumblestone in his native tongue.

< "Rumblestone fought well this night, and proved this mountain as his. All will hear the tale of his might, and fear to tread his ground!" >


<"Ha! Good fighting, Bow Master. You nearly took my eye!">


DM

You step through the doorway and emerge into Crossroads. It seems unchanged. The drinks still flow, improbable folk rub elbows, and all manner of diversions are available. Circling the upper level at a dead run, is the kobold you saw near the bar before riding upon the back of a snow-white giant weasel. He appears quite a skilled rider.

The remaining hour to transition passes in a blur and the transition itself would have gone unnoticed but for the rush of last minute departees, the tolling of the grandfather clock, and the odd flickering of each door as they link to new locations. Then the light seen through the stained glass windows changes - dimly reflecting new and alien sunsets, sunrises, and night skies.


STONE-FACED KILLA

Kung fu bump!


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead

Baby bump!


DM

DM Stuff:
Locations:
Door #1: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Door #2: 1d100 ⇒ 15
Door #3: 1d100 ⇒ 81
Door #4: 1d100 ⇒ 70

Locations:
Door #1: 1d100 ⇒ 54
Door #2: 1d100 ⇒ 89
Door #3: 1d100 ⇒ 65
Door #4: 1d100 ⇒ 54
ALT 1d100 ⇒ 1

Locations:
Door #1: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Door #2: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Door #3: 1d100 ⇒ 61
Door #4: 1d100 ⇒ 62
ALT 1d100 ⇒ 78

Encounter/Anomaly?: 1d100 ⇒ 71 <- <05 Encounter; >95 Anomaly
Encounter/Anomaly?: 1d100 ⇒ 20 <- <05 Encounter; >95 Anomaly
Encounter/Anomaly?: 1d100 ⇒ 51 <- <05 Encounter; >95 Anomaly

Weather: 1d100 + 10 ⇒ (91) + 10 = 101 Spring
Duration: 1d7 ⇒ 7
Wind Dir: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wind Spd: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Time: 1d24 ⇒ 13


The strange blob continues painting the mood...

Ramblin' on My Mind


DM

The week passes pleasantly in Crossroads. Fortunately, the food is as good as the drinks though the bedding accommodations are a bit spartan. As the days roll by, the four doorways run through a gamut of interesting planes and worlds providing you all with interesting distractions as you speculate on which creatures will step into or leave the Tavern. By the time you leave, you've seen the doors open unto a couple of alternate Prime dimensions, a few spots on Miir and other worlds, the Astral, the elemental planes of Fires and Air, and a long list of outer planes including Limbo, Heaven, Nirvana, Hell, the Abyss, Utopia, and Abaddon. Drawing a buzz from many customers, one door goes pitch black for a time - establishing a link with the Negative Material Plane. No one dares step foot in that nightmare dimension, though a few of the 'High Rollers' discuss the possibility of a brief jaunt. It is a sobering statement on their level of skill that they aren't kidding.

Despite the company and the surroundings, being trapped in Crossroads begins to grate. You are delighted when the grandfather clock finally chimes indicating transition back to Miir-Orfallen. You quickly gather your gear and head to the door along with several other customers.

After a week of association, and currently 'between' worlds, it comes as no surprise when Orin decides to accompany the group and explore Miir. You step into the grey curtain of nothingness... and step out into the familiar narrow, crooked, plaza in Old Towne. You blink in the bright midday sun as an unseasonable spring heatwave beats down on you.

OK, you've had a week with Bitiborium more or less - he traveled through a few doors. If there were any questions you wanted to ask him, feel free to drop them in a quick flashback and I'll answer them, or not, as the case may be. :)

Also - what now?


Ushari squints her eyes from the blinding glare. She was indeed glad to be out of that Crossroads tavern now, as she really wanted to get out of this dress....not to mention her heels. Seriously how women could wear these of an extended length of time was beyond her understanding. At least her dress was in reasonably good shape, thanks to judicious application of Straehan's magic. At least the dress was made for a warm climate.

She turns to the others, "I think we need to check on the Mako first, then head back to the Fish. Hopefully we can still recover our gear. I don't look forward to traipsing across Miir in these heels!"


The gnome chuckles, "I thought women were supposed to enjoy suffering to look beautiful."

I'll give the other guys a chance to post before I push forward with the Mako check, etc.


HP: 51/79 | | Anatomist (+1 to confirm Crits) | | Fav. Enemy +4 = Humans, Half-Humans, Undead
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"Hopefully we can still recover our gear."[/b]

I make it a point not to go anywhere without my weapons, if I can avoid it. But then, I haven't need or occasion to adorn myself as you so frequently do.

With a thoughtful glance, the Half-elf adds, "Then again, maybe that outfit is a weapon of it's own kind... Not much good versus a cyclops, but perhaps when leveraged against other opponents?"


Ushari laughs, "Most women do enjoy looking beautiful, but I try not to fall into that trap, else you tend not to be taken seriously. But thanks for the compliment Strae!" She then turns to face Jofram, her eyes sparkling with humor. "OOOH? You like this outfit I am wearing? I will be sure to let Kat know that, the next time we meet!"


STONE-FACED KILLA

Jayse raises a hand in defense of the piercing natural light, blinking as he re-orients himself to Orfallen. He logically knows that it's only been a week in the time-and-space-limbo of Crossroads, but it feels like it's been months.

He chuckles at the team's playful banter, nodding at the emerging plan to retrieve their gear and check on the ship. Returning to a "normal" location seems to have some rejuvenating effects, it seems. He looks over at Orin (and Bitiborium, if he's present - the description is a little vague on the point), "So if time in Crossroads flows differently, do we know how long it's been in Orfallen since we left? We talking days or week? Months?"


Male Gnome Merchant / 10

Bit is there. I just didn't mention him specifically. The only person who will be coming through later is Kat. She's got to pick up her pay for all the extra hours. :)

The small merchant answers the question. "Time in Crossroads is very close to time in any Prime or Alternate Prime world. Give or take a few hours, we've been gone nearly a week."


DM

Bitiborium navigates your group easily out of the labyrinthine depths of Old Towne and deposits you at the main road to the docks, almost directly across from the Strumpet. He parts your company with a wave and a vague mention of possibly catching up with you later at the Fish after he's taken care of some business that was supposed to be concluded nearly a week ago.

A brisk 10 minute walk sees you to the private slips where you docked the Mako. Security along all of the docks seems to be stepped up a bit from what you recall... The dockmaster along with two hard-eyed guards approach you, as if to ask a few pointed questions. As he gets closer the dockmaster recognizes you, nods politely, and heads back to the harbor office. You continue down the dock until you arrive at your doughty, little, dhoni. She seems very much as you left here - ropes stowed, hatches dogged, and equipment all where you left it.

Your cursory check done, you jump lightly back onto the dock. The warm wind off the water blows an errant, weather-stained, sheet against your leg. You peel it off and read it over. It's dated a day after you vanished in Crossroads:

PUBLIC NOTICE

By law, you must provide the Guard with any information held pertaining to the High Theft occurring at the Unnatural History Museum this day. Failure to act, at the discretion of the Guard, may constitute aid or abettment of the criminals and result in prosecution.


Ushari fingers the parchment lightly in her fingers as she looks over the words again.

High Theft?

Unnatural History Museum?? I didn't even know such a place existed.

She turns to her companions and sighs. "I think we should check in with the Guard right now. The fact we disappeared for a week just before this theft doesn't make us look good here."

So much for a chance to take a long, hot bath....

5,451 to 5,500 of 7,012 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SR's - Great Southern Isles (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.