Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ryuko's Forging of a Kingdom (Inactive)

Game Master Ryuko

Watch five intrepid adventurers bring the whole of the Stolen Lands to civility.


401 to 450 of 765 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor had been quiet during the encounter with the ghost. He had seen a few undead in his time with the church of Zon Kuthon, and his companions had everything in control.

As they ride up towards a small building, he peers about, trying to figure out what all these people are doing 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Perception

When Ark takes out his horn, he shakes his head "I wouldn't use that. We have no idea who those people are, and if you sound your horn you give away our presence."


Post-Undead Conversation:

"Who knows cousin, maybe one day we will find the remains of his body by the river and we can lay him to rest properly."

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Yes, look Arkady, their clothes are the same as those we fought at the trading post and ford."

She stops her horse, "Parlay, charge or put them to sleep gentlemen?" While she waits for thoughts of the others, she pulls a small bit of cured leather from her belt and whispers strange fey words while brushing the leather over her tunic. Casts mage armor.


Male Human Paladin 2

"It may but be the garb of men here; I doubt the Stag Lord has women to weave cloth alike for all his men. Still, if you are both sure..." Arkady considers tactics. "A farm is hard to charge through in the spring. Plowland mires after rain, and there is brush and fence and wood, and the occasional pile of dung for horses to slide in." He winces at a particularly egregious memory. "Let Anton and Marcus and I lead the way, and offer challenge. If they are willing to parlay, I would hear them. Men we can turn from the Stag Lord's path are better victories than those whose blood we must shed. And if we are wrong, we will not bear the shame of striking like bandits against honest men."

He turns to glance at Marcus and Anton. "More likely they are bandits, and will offer fight as they have before. A brief challenge may bring hidden ones running to aid the others. A swift approach brings Kata and Kheldor in range to work their magic if a fight begins -- be ready to cast swiftly, both of you! The closer we get before they see us, the less time they have to prepare. If they attempt to flee on foot from mounted men, they will be very lucky indeed to escape; if they offer battle, we will be among them before they can be ready."

He lifts his lance from the stirrup-cup, holding it low across Gildas' withers. "And we have seen what happens then. Anton, I know you are no horseman. It might be better if you dismount as we offer challenge. If they are honest, it will ease their nerves. If they are not, they will be watching a horsed knight rather than a footman, and you can charge among them before they are expecting it."

How far are they? And what is the ground between like?


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Although Marcus could see the men, he couldn't make out details from here. Trusting in the eyesight of the others, he unslung his crossbow and loaded it with a bolt. With such a number present, he doubted that he would have a chance to fire more than once so he made sure his sword was readily available.

"I'm ready when you are," he remarked to Arkady. "It'll be a miracle if there is anyone left in these lands to help settle it by the time we're finished."


Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Anton looks over the men and the site, worried about the fate of the farmers within if these are indeed bandits. He nods at Sir Arkady, "As good a plan as possible here, we must challenge soon for if they be bandits then time is short for the innocents within."

At Marcus's comment Anton replies, "Prey must greatly outnumber predators. There must be more people here hiding or ..." Anton looks thoughtful. "Or there is something deeper going on, perhaps major raids against Brevoy or the nearby River Kingdoms. Ambitious and numerous bandits, truly a more dire threat than we thought. But with the aid of the gods and fire in our hearts we will change that!" Anton draws his blade and places it across the saddle, holding it in one hand, attaches the weapon cord and takes the reins in the other.


Male Human Paladin 2

"I think people are hiding," Arkady says as he couches his lance. "They see us at a distance and think they may be the Stag Lord's men. Perhaps they keep their fires hidden so as not to draw attention. When we return, we must ask Oleg who is buying his goods, and where they dwell. Perhaps many shelter in the forest, or in small valleys or dales where none can find them without a search. Or perhaps the bandits have only recently arrived here and folk have fled them."

He glances at the others, sees that they are ready, and signals the advance. Gildas begins trotting forward steadily.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

It is late afternoon, the building is a small cottage, and the men are around the door.

As you advance upon the house the five men turn to look at you. "Hail, Stranger..." One older man says, a bit nervously upon seeing the large group heading towards his men. They are indeed dressed very similarly to the other bandits you have seen. "Do you have business with the lady?" He and his men have hands upon their weapons, though they have yet to draw them.

Also, I just remembered you don't have Silas with you, three less food used lol.


Male Human Paladin 2

"Business we have indeed," Arkady says courteously. "We bear a message from her sister. How come you into these parts, and what is your business with her? Are you kin, or friends, or visitors?" He watches carefully, not wanting to start a battle if it can be avoided, but tension singing as he readies himself for battle if it must be fought.

Do Devlin and Linier react to them, or vice versa? Anyone match the description we had of Falgrim Sneeg or other bandits?


Kata narrows her eyes seeing the men with their hands on weapons. He voice is hard and ice cold when she says, "No need for weapons gentlemen. We have peaceful business here. I'm sure you do too."


Anton goes with Arkady. On arrival he dismounts and grasps his weapon. He salutes the gathered men at the house with his blade and says, "Greetings fine yeomen, on this fair day, I am Anton Lebeda, Blood Chosen of Gorum, his blessings upon you. What brings such an assemblage of men here? Is there something an Iron Warrior can aid you with?" Anton's courtly accent could hardly be more out of place than here. And what are you really up to?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Real motives of these men. Honesty of any answers they give.

And Anton didn't wake up today, he hasn't much of a clue.


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Marcus lets the others do the talking, instead electing to concentrate on the answers of the men before them. His hand rests lightly on the crossbow, his finger near the trigger in case the men try anything.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If he senses anything untoward, he will let the others know then aim the crossbow at the apparent leader of the bandits. He will not fire unless the bandits make a move for their weaponry.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Marcus certainly senses something untoward. These men were not here on peaceable business. "Well we generally don't believe people are after peaceable business when they approach with weapons drawn." The leader points out with a raised eyebrow. None of them look like any of the bandits you've heard of and neither Linier or Devlin seem to know them, though Devlin has his bow strung and ready.


Male Human Paladin 2

"Men are cautious in these lands, with reason" Arkady observes, still holding his lance loosely in position, without making any obviously threatening moves. "But our business is with the lady, not with you. I am Arkady Medvyed, and I have told you my name and business. Who are you, and what is yours?" He glances around for any sign of Svetlana's sister, still courteous but showing no sign of backing down.


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor hangs back, letting the others do the talking. He's more concerned with the potential upcoming fight, than what these seeming bandits are up to. Ready an action to cast Color Spray if the bandits get hostile


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Marcus raises his crossbow and points it at the bandit leader.

"Your words don't quite ring true, friend," Marcus remarks, "So how about you tell my friend here exactly who you are and why you are here? After all, I suspect you might be wearing a certain silver amulet with a stag's head on it."


Anton, hearing the yeoman's skepticism about his 'peaceableness', lowers the point of his weapon down, preparing to reassure the man, when Marcus issues his challenge. Anton snaps his weapon into an aggressive position towards all the men. He barks, "Stand aside strangers. KATARINA, YOUR SISTER SENDS HER REGARDS, HOW FAIR YOU?"

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Check to see an Stag Lord Amulet and listen for Katarina's reply or cry for aid.


Kata waits on edge to see what the men will do, ready to cast sleep on them if they act against us.
Perception to hear Katarina or spot confirming signs such as the Stag Lord amulet. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Readies action to cast sleep. Avoid the rest of our group and catch as many of them as possible. Katarina would be a regrettable, but acceptable casualty.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Ha." The leader barks out a nasty laugh, then raises his hand to his neck and pulls from his shirt a silver stag amulet. "Seems you've got me pegged." After Anton yells, a quite audible voice calls out from the home: "GLAD TO HEAR FROM HER. PERHAPS YOU CAN GET RID OF MY UNEXPECTED COMPANY AND WE CAN SPEAK FURTHER!"

The man barks out another laugh, and then nods towards the group. "Kill 'em. Then we can take the girl's money." The bandits begin to draw weapons.

Both ready for a fight, so no surprise round.

Initiative Block:
Bandits:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Kata:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Anton:1d20 ⇒ 16
Marcus:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Arkady:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kheldor:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
???:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Kata and Marcus are up. Still flat-footed since you moved first Marcus.


Kata stares at the amulet, "Heh, not one for subtlety are you dolt. Night, night." She looks the lead bandit in the eye, grabs a pinch of sand and tosses it at the ground while gesturing with her fingers at the bandits and then takes a step back behind the boys.
Casts sleep {DC 16) trying to catch as many bandits as possible, without catching any of us.

BTW, Kata's initiative modifier is actually +8 when Blackthorn is within an arms length. I'll add it as a note in my initiative block.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Will Block:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Anton's puppy is gonna get kicked again I think :(

Every bandit except the leader falls from their horses as the sand falls over them.


I'm sure glory will be coming soon.


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Marcus smirks as the bandit's men fall to the ground. Stilling his breath, he pulls the trigger on the crossbow.

Crossbow attack @ bandit leader: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Crossbow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

The bandit is struck by the crossbow in the shoulder, but remains standing. "For the Stag Lord!" He chokes out, managing to throw himself at Anton with his blade drawn.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 For 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

But Anton feels his badly aimed strike scrape off his armor.


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Go Anton!


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady waits, trusting in Anton for the melee and waiting to see where a knight can insert himself to best effect. If the Stag Lord maintains such loyalty that his men will fight when so obviously outmatched... then we must not just defeat him, we must discredit him somehow. Break his hold over his men.


Anton stands bristling with anticipation as the battle is about to begin. Battle at last! ??? What??? Not again, those mages dropped a bunch. Do I fail again and again? Anton's shoulders start to sag when the leader attacks him. One at least has spirit and loyalty. Brave man! Calling upon the power of Gorum Anton attacks.

Anton's eyes turn blood red as the fury of Gorum fills him with the sights, sound, and the emotions of a myriad of battlefields. Aided by this, and with his sword starting point down, Anton brings his sword up to drive it straight into the chest of the dedicated warrior before him.

Standard action:
Melee attack with Ferocious Strike
Attack w/ Greatsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage Greatsword on Hit 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11
On Critical w/Greatsword to Confirm Threat 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Critical Damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13

Anton's greatsword pushes aside the leader's blade as the unexpected move of using the sword large point to punch entry through the binding of the armor takes the man by a surprise almost as great as the blinding pain that explodes from his chest. The bandit's eyes drop to the blade as Anton twists it in a cutting arc upward, crushing ribs and spilling blood.

Assuming it hits and really hurts.

Status: End of Round one.
Base AC:16 in Breastplate.
Stance: Standing
Current AC: 16
Max Hit Points:10
Current Hit Points: 10
Channel Max Uses: 6
Channel Current Uses:6
Ferocious Strike Max Uses: 6
Ferocious Strike Current Uses:5


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor can't help but give a little laugh as all but one of the bandits fall prey to his fellow arcanists spell. "Well done Kata, nice and simple. I like that" He says with a big grin.


Male Human Paladin 2

If the bandit leader is still up, Arkady moves in and thrusts with his lance over Anton's shoulder into the bandit's throat (not charging, doesn't seem warranted.)

Lance attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If the leader is down, Arkady makes a quick check around to see if any other bandits are up, and then calls out "Ahoy the house! I think your unexpected guests are all dealt with!"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Anton's strike fells the bandit quickly and messily. The unconscious leader falls into the dirt and the battlefield is silent for a moment. Then a yell erupts from the house and a whirling dervish of a woman comes sweeping out, two blades ready in both hands, only to find not a single enemy to face. She stumbles uncertainly, then flicks her blades into a ready stance toward you. "It would seem they are, but what proof have we that Svetlana sent you?" The woman stands taller than average, wearing a light fitting shirt of leather, her hair cut in a quite manly style fit for combat, and the slight discoloration of her skin and larger canines marking her as a half-orc. From behind her a smaller woman emerges with a goat by her side. The goat prances out and seemingly savagely attacks the downed bandits, though he doesn't actually hurt them more than a few cuts here or there. Seeming satisfied he walks toward the group and sniffs them eagerly, then turns to the new arrival and bleats. "Barley can smell Svetlana on them Treia. Calm down and greet my guests with courtesy." The new arrival is a human woman, very small and short, but a bit curvier than Svetlana, sharing her pale skin and blonde hair. "Hello, I'm Katarina Grellson, and you are?" She asks with a formal little curtsey.


Kata sets to binding up the goat-abused bandits, but looks up as the woman speaks, "I am Kata Medvyed, once of Brevoy and now seemingly of the Stolen Lands. This land seems to be brimming with the Stag Lord's men, though so far, we have had success in overcoming them."


Male Shadeling Shadowcaster Wizard 5(Shadow Subscool)/Veiled Illusionist 1

Kheldor nods in greeting. "Kheldor. Uh, I don't use my last name any longer. Too many problems there." He pauses in thought "Kheldor Shadowsworn, good a last name as any. We've come to rescue you, though judging by your whirling death machine over there, I'm not too sure you needed that" He flashes both ladies a smile.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady asks Devlin and Linier to help Kata secure the other bandits, search them, and check closely to see if they've seen any of them before. Then he turns to the dwellers here.

"Treia, Katrina, we greet you both," Arkady says with a courteous flourish, "and bear with you Svetlana's invitation to travel in safety with us along the road to Oleg's, if you desire to come." Arkady speaks briefly of recent events at Oleg's and of anything he picked up from Oleg and Svetlana, partly to convey the local gossip and partly to reassure by passing on the party's bona fides.

"It seems our arrival was fortunate. Have these bandits been harassing you long? We are here to, among other things, put an end to such actions in these parts." If the ladies seem interested, Arkady adds "We would be interested in hearing how you came out here and wht you do. Few folk dwell near here, it seems. Is it only the banditry, or is there some other reason the land is empty?" He uses his best graces to put the women at ease, without pressuring them.

Diplomacy to put them at ease and gather information: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Apparently he put his foot in it somewhere...


Anton's blade whips in and out of the bandit's chest with ludicrous ease. My first attack since coming here and it's trivial, will there ever be a real challenge?

Anton is a little stunned when a fierce warrioress bolts out the door, followed by her human companion and a very unusual goat. When Katarina makes a formal introduction, Anton wits and manners make a return. "Honored to meet you, Katarina Grellson, I am Anton Domnoff Lebeda, Blood Chosen of Gorum, here upon commission and as said, by request of your sister. May I ask you to introduce your extraordinary companions?" Anton does his best court bow, also smiling broadly, if somewhat alarmingly with his prominent tusks.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Oh Treia thinks she's an elite killer but I doubt she could have managed all five bandits." Katarina teases with a smile, which Treia returns as a scowl. "Are you saying that someone would choose to come out here only because of banditry Sir Medvyed. Typical. Nobles simply can't understand why one wouldn't wish to be at court."

Sorry Arkady, but the dice do say you stepped in it.

"Oh hush Treia, he's trying to help." Katarina flashes Arkady a dazzling smile. "The bandits bother us on occasion. They've mostly been kept back by my magic and they know Treia is usually fairly near. Where are my manners. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Katarina Grellson, Witch of the Greenbelt and this is my familiar Barley." She motions to the goat as she bows, which Arkady notices seems to be trying to eat the corner of his cloak. "And this is Treia Greengrass, a Hunter who resides near and my best customer." Treia treats you with a scowl, but does nod. Seems she is a humorless woman.

As you finish tying up the bandits and checking them over they begin to awaken.


"Very nice to meet you Katarina. Some call me a witch as well, though my familiar is a bit more...exotic." Kata coaxes Blackthorn out of his hiding place beneath her cloak. A head and long neck pop out, as his head swivels to regard the goat, nostrils flaring. "Perhaps if we get to know one another better, we can exchange secrets." she adds with a strange, almost-choked laugh.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady flushes at Treia's words. "I saw the court once, from a distance, when I was a child and the King stayed at a manor near us. We could never afford the kind of clothes they would want to make it past the doorwardens. All we had was our horses and our lances, and four sons for a village that was small enough in good years. So if I can make my name and fortune by cleaning out bandits... it is still a safer road than trying to bribe chancellors."

He dismounts, somewhat stiffly after the long day's ride and the tension of the fight. "I beg pardon, lady, if I have offended you. But I -- we - are here to suppress bandits, and we have shed our blood already in that cause, more than once. It shames me that some nobles forget the duties that justify their privileges." He waits for her response, then turns away to help Devlin and Linier bind and disarm the bandits.

Arkady walks down the line of secured bandits as they begin to wake, studying them and seeing how they react, trying to figure out if any of them are worth saving. I should have asked the women what these men had done so far, and if they knew of them and their deeds. Should have waited to be gallant. But how can courtesy be at fault? He tries not to let his inner turmoil show on his face, to let the bandits see only the stern judge, the possible commander.

"Devlin, Linier, do you know any of these folk? Any of their deeds?" He looks also to see if any of the bandits react to his two men-at-arms, or to the situation in general. We could hang them all, caught in the act of robbery. Were any of them worse than the others? Can any of them be brought to guard instead of plunder? He studies the bandits' gear and goods, trying to see if any of it speaks to their character. My father once hanged a man for having a dozen dried ears in his purse. I doubt it will be that simple here. He checks the dead bandit leader, to make sure that the man was indeed wearing the Stag Lord's amulet, before turning to the bandits.

He turns to the bandits. "You were, it seems, engaging in armed banditry, the penalty for which is rope or sword. Have you anything to say in your defense? Any information to offer in trade for your lives? I tell you, as I have told such as you before, that banditry is dead in these lands henceforth. We are here to see this done." He looks for any reaction, then continues. "But if one of you wishes to make amends, to leave this life behind, I am willing to give you a trial in my service. For men willing to guard the helpless instead of plunder them, to ride into danger at my side, to bring order instead of chaos, I will always have a place." I hope I can afford it. Oleg's generosity will not last forever. "I will not rashly hazard the lives of those who follow me, as your leader here did, attacking men he knew nothing of." Arkady spares an elaborate glance over his shoulder at the bloody corpse. "I look before I leap."

He pauses again, idly toying with his sword. Bollen used to do that, to frighten villains at judgment. Strange to take lessons from a bully. But get them thinking about the alternatives. "I will use you hard, but no harder than myself. I will be first in the charge, last in the retreat. I will judge your deeds as they deserve. I will reward valor and honor, and punish treachery and dishonor. I have no use for fools or cowards, but if you are willing to redeem yourselves, I can make you better men than you have been, in a worthier cause." He gestures at Devlin and Linier. "You would not be the first to enter my service in this way."

Diplomacy roll to convince bandits to abandon their life, assuming a +2 circumstance bonus with Devlin and Linier as examples, and another +2 from the stunning success of being defeated so easily -- feel free to rule otherwise: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 4 = 27

And now to see if any of them try to lie. I am sure some will. I hope my allies can help me pick them out.


Anton raises an eyebrow in surprise at Katarina's comments. Few peasants have any knowledge of the King's court. There is more than meets the eye to this one

While musing others get in their say. Dryly Anton replies to Arkady, "Being presented at court was an experience indeed; Mother made sure that I could not be overlooked, her desire to shove me down the throats of the popinjays till they choked was overwhelming. She had fun that day, I did not. As the few other times I was there on Temple business. Bribes are common enough, but those that take them are often dishonest even in that. But while many nobles would suck the marrow from your bones and make you live to feel it, many attend to their duties. Of course that's not mutually exclusive.

Nodding at Katarina, "How unexpected to find a political philosopher in these lands, getting away from court I do understand, I rather would be here myself, but fleeing all the comforts of a settled land is more challenging. If I may be so bold, may I ask what prompted this difficult choice?" Anton gestures with his hand to indicate the surrounding lands.

When Kata and Katarina talk Anton just listens. Witches and witches, this would be the land for them, I suppose. Interesting though.

Arkady gathers the bandits and give the great speech. Anton stand aside but slightly behind Sir Arkady as he is - a huge orc with blood dripping from the end of his large and well-made sword. Sir Arkady offers hope but how many are false, are cowards, are despicable but maybe useful elsewhere?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 100d1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + (6, 12, 3, 20, 5, 4, 19, 20, 18, 15, 13, 17, 18, 17, 12, 10, 20, 1, 18, 20, 16, 10, 17, 14, 20, 1, 14, 15, 14, 7, 18, 7, 11, 9, 10, 7, 12, 10, 15, 5, 12, 12, 4, 15, 14, 6, 16, 11, 5, 2, 15, 16, 5, 6, 13, 9, 13, 11, 5, 3, 11, 2, 13, 18, 4, 3, 16, 8, 14, 9, 8, 6, 4, 7, 6, 13, 1, 5, 10, 20, 8, 7, 5, 9, 20, 7, 11, 17, 12, 2, 19, 12, 2, 15, 15, 3, 17, 16, 15, 17) + 8 = 1123 Sense of the men and mood. Who would take the oath and mean it? Who lies? Who would mean it but would be too cruel for Sir Arkady to tolerate? Who stands out, good or bad?

Anton studies each of the miscreants closely.

Will update my character tomorrow, busy lately. No idea what happened ther but 15+8 =23, if you want me to reroll just ask.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

By the way it was Treia who mocked the court, not Katarina.

"That sounds promising Lady Kata, we shall see." Katarina says with a wicked grin. "Ah, it seems few if any of you are highborn noble idiots." Treia smiles and nods as she moves around the bodies. "Not much useful on them... my bow's far better, as are my blades."

The men seem quite intimidated and each offers eager promises of fealty, but each seems far too false to trust to Anton's eyes.

"If we hurry we could make it to my sister's by sundown." Katarina says, shading her eyes. "I'd guess I'll be staying there for a while since it certainly seems safer than here. Allow me to pack up my potions and supplies and we may be on our way. I'm afraid you'll have to come to Oleg's if you wish for another potion Treia." She says with a frown to her friend, who nods with a shrug. "Not an issue. He's where I often sell my hides anyhow."


Sorry, my bad, still busy this week, didn't pay attention, Treia it is then Anton replies to.

After the interrogations, Anton brings the group out hearing of the bandits and says,"All are eager not to die, but to my gut they are all lying about repentance; a most scurrilous lot of knaves it seems. Is that enough to condemn them or should we separate and question them about the evil deeds each other did? A prisoner's dilemma with the end for those that have the most vile crimes, attributed to them by more than one. Of course, I wish everyone's council."

Anton looks pensively toward the bandits. All of them vile and cowards? This land is cursed indeed if we have seen the best of valor in these bullies.


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady paces back and forth. "I would question them, separately. We need to know if there are other camps around here, or if they are riding from the Stag Lord's main base. And we may learn something of which of them can be trusted. But if they are lying about their repentance, can we trust anything they say on other matters? Can I tell them I only have room for one, that one being the one with the best information, and expect to get anything but more lies?"

I assume that Devlin and Linier have nothing to say or they would have volunteered it by now. Do Katarina and Treia have anything to add?


"If you want to be sure Arkady, I can see about charming one of them again...at least if none are as strong-willed as Happs." Kata selects one of the men and asks Arkady to help her separate the man.

Kata looks into his eyes and waves her fingers, "Nothing to worry about...we're all friends here."
Casts Charm Person DC 16


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Marcus also turns his ear towards the remaining bandits, intrigued as to whether any of them off true information or if they're simply trying to save their scrawny hides. From their leader's reaction, he suspects that they may all be the Stag Lord's men but he'd been proven wrong three times so far and was willing to listen to counsel.

"Do not trouble yourself too much, Arkady, for these are men who threw their lot in with the Stag Lord where honest work could have been wrought. Nonetheless, if any of these men are truly repentant then perhaps we can redeem them."


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

Will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Sorry, still on reduced posting schedule due to friend in town for another week. Be back to regular programming next week.

"These men have done nothing but harass us. I fear they only kept from breaking down our door because they were afraid of what my dear friend Treia would do if they attempted it." Katarina looks entirely unsympathetic to the group of bandits. The bandit affected by Kata's spell begins to smile at her. "Oh hello there. Of course we're friends. Why am I tied up again?"


Male Human Paladin 2

Arkady steps back out of sight around the corner of the house to let Kata handle this.


"Oh dear, I guess you are. It's nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll be set loose in a moment. Do you mind telling me what you and the others planned on doing once you broke down this door?"


Anton steps back to let Kata dominate the questioning but looks closely at the uncharmed ones to see their reaction in order to find even one salvageable rascal.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Any, even slightly, trustworthy or usable bandit or are all irredeemable malefactors?

Pass along insights to the others as needed.


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"I dunno... prolly gonna rough 'em up. Maybe smash some stuff. Wouldn't kill the girl who lives here, she's money and Stag Lord don't like us killing money. Maybe the orc girl, if she fought or Will said so." The entranced bandit thrusts his chin at the leader's oorpse to identify his meaning. "He's pretty mean, I could imagine it. He might even have raped her, though I wouldn't've..." The man grins with an ugly eyebrow raise. "I'm a fan of the menfolk meself."


"Interesting. Well, to each their own. Tell me more of the other men, are there any that long for a more lawful life?"


Male Human Super Cruel DM 10

"Ha. Not any of us, mum. Stag Lord makes us outriders when we piss 'im off. It ain't easy to piss 'im off."


HP 15/15, AC 17, touch 14, ff 13

"Well, I think that settles it," Marcus remarks, shifting in his saddle, "Anton, do you wish to offer any of them a chance to die with sword in hand? If not, let's get this grisly business over and done with. Lady Katarina, we shall carry out the necessary away from your property as you have seen enough bloodshed for today."

Marcus makes a mental note to speak with the Dwarven engineer about expanding the trading post to include a prison so they don't have to execute almost every bandit they come across.

401 to 450 of 765 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Forging of A Kingdom: Ryuko's Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.