Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,882 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will nudge the party forward after Gilgar, taking the trailing spot to keep the children protected in the middle of the group.


Sorry for the unexpected downtime, all. I will see about describing what you find next soon.


Dwarf Barbarian

*Bump*...


Male Elf Druid 4

Oh great, just what we need, a Dwarf with an Axe who goes bump in the night.


Dwarf Barbarian

I was waiting to see if anyone would scoop that up and run with it...


Nice. I've got a pair of comedians and a lazy DM. Oh, wait, that's me.


Dwarf Barbarian

Yeah... Yeah... that IS you. *smirk*


[ooc]You know, I just realized that a dwarf that goes bump in the night might claim that he could not see, but ...[\ooc]


Gilgar stalks forward, coming to another intersection in the 10'-wide hall. Ahead, the hall continues until it comes to a pair of double doors. To his left, a 20'-long side hall ends in another pair of doors.

As looks he looks at each set of doors for clues as to what might lie beyond, the halfling bard comes forward and whispers to him.

Gilgar:
"I know not what lies beyond those doors, but ahead is where we came through. The kobolds' lift to the level below lies in the room after. When we came up, there was a kobold on watch, but his back was to us and Kimi and I surprised him, throwing him below. There must have been more on this level - they caught up to us too quickly otherwise. Young Jurin was captured by the smoke when we fled down the rough tunnel in the lift room."

In the glow of the mage's lights, the halfling can be seen pointing forward as he whispers to the dwarf.

Which door do you approach? I'll need perception checks, also.


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Gilgar whispers "Keep here." then stealths his way down the side hall to the doors, listening intently at each...

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Gilgar:
You are not sure that you hear anything. The noises of this abandoned place obscure what might be occurring within. Maybe movement? Maybe an animal? What you hear is slight, but just as you prepare to pull your head back from the doors, you hear a bestial growl.


Dwarf Barbarian

Do the doors open out towards me, or into the room?


Both sets of doors open into the hallway, toward you.


Dwarf Barbarian

Waraxe in his right hand, Gilgar reaches out and pulls one of the doors in front of him open, stepping back a couple steps at the same time.


Gilgar:
Stealth roll for the door opening, please.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Gilgar:
Somehow, the door opens without a whisper of sound. Within, Gilgar sees the remains of what was probably once a butcher room - three stone tables still stained after all these years, hooks on the walls and hanging over the tables, no doubt for various cutlery long stolen or decayed away. Gathered around the central table are four hunched figures with the stature of dwarves, focused on what lies on the table. The table they are gathered around appears to have a small, spindly figure lying on it. You can see no clothing on the limbs that are visible and the skin appears to be scaled.

Nox:
The girl-child Kimi appears to be alternating between calming the boy recently rescued and establishing her domination over the two former slave kobolds. Seeing that they are acting sufficiently cowed, she relents, but it's already pretty clear to you that among your party's rescued members, the girl is the alpha in the pack.

No sound or activity is visible at the other set of doors.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will move forward after Gilgar as quietly as he can.

Perrin will follow him, padding along the floor.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Nox Stealth
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Perrin Stealth


Gilgar:
Someone didn't listen to you - they are coming down the hall behind you, making all sorts of racket.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar attempts to close the door as soundlessly as possible, glaring back at whoever is stomping around, malignance clearly etched on his features.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

HOLY BEANS, BATMAN!!!


Consecutive 20's???


Male Elf Druid 4

I thought he was talking to the halfling :)


Male Elf Druid 4

I thought he was talking to the halfling :)


Ah. Do we need to retcon to change anyone's actions?


Male Elf Druid 4

Not unless you think so. Player error is part of the game, especially since it took a bad roll to make it matter


And two excellent rolls to make it not matter. Proceed!


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Nox makes a hand signal towards Perrin, who immediately sits on his haunches, sniffing the air.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 perception (scent)


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox, in a voice just high enough to carry to Gilgar.

What did you see?


Dwarf Barbarian

"Sum'n best left be..." Gilgar's whisper is hoarse as he backs slowly away from the door. "Weren't no kid in there. We best git tuh findin' 'em."


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will just nod and move back down the hallway as quietly as he can.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Nox stealth

Perrin will pad after him, still sniffing at the air

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Perrin perception


As the two of you cautiously retreat from the door... nothing happens. It would appear that whatever lies within did not notice the barbarian's peek into the room.

Assuming you proceed to the other doors, I will need another Perception check from anyone listening at the door.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 perception
Perrin 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 perception

Damn the 1's


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

WOW!!!


Gilgar just instant-deathed something, I'm just not sure what.

Gilgar:
You hear voices. From the tone, someone is trying to convince someone else of something or expressing frustration. Or both. There is no anger or excitement, just intensity. You can tell that Nox can hear something to. He may understand it.

Nox:
Someone is complaining to his audience in Draconic that someone is going to destroy them because he is a fool and unworthy of his position. It sounds like bluster - no plans are being made, just frustration vented. No mention of the children, either.


Male Elf Druid 4

dm:
Do I hear any other voices or other items which may give a hint as to whethere there are others in the room?

Does Perrin smell anything other than our group? His scent ability should allow him to detect items and opponents within 30 feet, 60 feet with a friendly breeze/upwind


Nox:
You can hear murmurs, but nothing loud enough to make out. Based on the speaker's response, it sounds like it must be assent.

If Perrin detects anything beyond the door, he is not displaying an overt reaction to it.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will whisper to Gilgar
We have a boss yelling at some minions. Maybe for losing our new friends. Can't tell how many. Shall we distract him from their failure?


Nox:
One last intense, "If he remains king, he will destroy us all!" and the murmur of assent(?)


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar listens outside the door, looking at Nox. He jerks a thumb towards one of his ears, then crudely makes a movement with his hand that is probably intended to mimic someone speaking, but could conjure images of some kind of rabid snaggle-toothed duck in attack mode.


Dwarf Barbarian

The grin that spreads across Gilgar's craggy features could easily cause common folk to question whether or not he's capable of savagery normally only employed by trolls and money-lenders.

With a curt nod, he stands back from the door a step, and raises one bushy eyebrow in an "Are ye ready fer sum killin'?' look...


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will will place a hand on the door and look for a sign from Gilgar as Perrin, sensing the change in his furless friends, stands and bares his fangs.

Nox will swing the door open to free Gilgar way at a signal, and will follow him into the room.


The door opens toward you.

Graymoon, seeing the two at the door prepare to attack, swiftly readies an arrow and, looking at the halfing, jerks his head to the side.

With a curt nod, the bard starts ushering the children and Laucian out of the main hall and into the first few feet of the side hall. Kimi protests, but wisely does so with gestures rather than verbally.


Dwarf Barbarian

As the doors open, Gilgar peers beyond them, looking for a target to which he can apply a lot of carving and smashing...


Six stone prayer platforms with well-worn knee rests carved in to them are spread through this large chamber.

As the door opens, the speaker stops and stares for a moment at the light suddenly entering the chamber. His eyes widen as he realizes the new arrivals are strangers. He is a hunch-backed kobold with dark blue scales. One ear is immensely oversized and droops under the weight of several earrings of white wood or bone.

Five other kobolds of varying scale color stand looking at the hunched figure, unaware of the party for the moment.

Whatcha gonna do?


Dwarf Barbarian

Charging in, Gilgar bellows "Ye'll pay fer whut ye done!" as he wades in to attack the closest target between himself and the boss kobold...

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The kobolds are surprised. Graymoon, Nox, and Perrin need to roll for initiative and state their actions. Gilgar's vic... target is #4.

Oh, yes, a new map!


Mechanics:
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

An arrow fly past the charging dwarf toward the kobold on the far side of the room. #5 Without really realizing that they are under attack, he falls, dead before he hit the floor.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Perrin Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Nox Initiative


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin will race along the wall, turning left to go around Gilgar and the stone pillar the the left of the door, looking into the room. He will get to the square betwen the boss kobold and the door and attempt to dismember.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Bite attack against boss kobold
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Trip attack
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Bite damage


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will draw his bow and fire at the kobold #1 if he has a shot at him, and #3 if he does not.

1d20 ⇒ 17 Bow attack
1d6 ⇒ 5 Bow Damage

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,882 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.