Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] GM Mjolbeard's 'Scions of the Sky Key' Series

Game Master Mjolbeard89

On the Table

Initiative:
[dice=Farshaya]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Jann]1d20[/dice
[dice=Laiashi]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Meredith]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Denair]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Saritirnen]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Willem]1d20+2[/dice


301 to 350 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Laiashi reads the final entry. "Well we can say this about Sharrowsmith, he died doing what he did best: exploring. Also, somebody should probably do something about this Winged Guardian."

When offered, she takes the elixir offered. "It does? Huh. Wonder if I can manage to not turn this in when we get back..."

I'm ready to escorts them back.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya grins lop-sidedly at Ser Willem. ”Aye, aye, you too Ser Will! A real trouncin’ ya gave dem lizards! ‘N nice footwork Denair!” Farshaya punches and kicks the air, reenacting the epic battle in his mind.

After calming down, he pokes the largest kobold with his boot. Then he grabs a length of the ropes that were binding the prisoners and secures the critter. Then he picks through his gear.

That done, he looks over Meredith’s shoulder in the satchel, plucking up the journal and leafing through the journal. He reads the relevant bits out loud. He mutters gravely and shakes his head.

”This dun be lookin’ good for boss Sharrowsmith, it don’t. Why a man take off int’ tha jungle without his food, his satchel, or his journal? If he was was plannin’ such a trip, why he go’n leave these things? Seem like he takin’ a trip against his will.” He introduces himself to the rescued prisoners, then gently prods them for any information about Sharrowsmith.

”You know that man, Sharrowsmith?”

”He say where he be headin’?”

”What’s them old structures he talkin’ ‘bout in his journal? He mighta fall’n trap himself.”

”Who’s these krihirik people?”

”Ever heard of Sylien?”


SoSK
Meredith Ulmari wrote:

"Are you unharmed? We came here to-" Meredith is clearly uncomfortable as the crowd swarms around her. Denair, on the other hand, laps it up and lets people shake her hand or pet her fur and urges Meredith on, tugging her armor. Meredith eventually gets the hint and smiles a bit more, with her flowers blowing on the breeze.

"Have you heard of Sharrowsmith? We've been trying to track him and were led here. A lot of people are blaming him for the kobold attack on the Gold Crown mining company, but-" She turns to the leader's remains. "It sounds like the Winged Guardian is the real culprit."

"Yes, we're alright. Exhausted from the trek through the jungle those damned kobolds took us on and a little banged up, but we're alive, and that's enough for us. Thank you all for coming when you did." Some of the miners continue to swarm around Denair, but the more mature among their number stop to answer the questions posed to them by Meredith and Farshaya.

Farshaya Freewheeler wrote:

He introduces himself to the rescued prisoners, then gently prods them for any information about Sharrowsmith.

”You know that man, Sharrowsmith?”

”He say where he be headin’?”

”What’s them old structures he talkin’ ‘bout in his journal? He mighta fall’n trap himself.”

”Who’s these krihirik people?”

”Ever heard of Sylien?”

"Yes, we met Sharrowsmith a while back when he was heading out into the jungle chasing after some rumor about some old dwarven ruins. I'm no archaeologist, but I'd say these are probably them, by the look of 'em."

The younger miners finally break off from fawning over Denair and begin to chat with the other Pathfinders. Some of them begin to shift restlessly and look at the jungle around them, wary looks in their faces.

The older miner continues to answer questions."The Krihirik? Eh...not sure about them. Could be some tribe that lives down in the Expanse, I suppose. Who knows? Sylien, though, we know. He's the Praetor in these parts. He might be able to tell you more about the Krihirik and all that." Just then, a bestial rumble echoes up out of the temple below, and the miners squeak with fright. "Alright, then folks. I'm sure these lovely people will get us out of here and back to town just fine." The helpful miner turns to Farshaya and Meredith once again, "I don't mean to rush you all, what with you do so much to save us, but there's more kobolds out there, and their hellish dragon god or whatever it is is still down there. Could we get moving?"

Despite Ser Willem's protests that they need to continue their explorations and find the Winged Guardian, the miners insist on getting away from the temple as quickly as possible. It seems the Pathfinders will have to save follow the trail Sharrowsmith left for them in his journal before continuing into the temple proper.


SoSK

A couple days' travel brings the Pathfinders and rescued miners back to Fort Bandu. Upon entering the Fort complex, a guard hastily directs the Pathfinders toward the Praetor's office. He welcomes them back happily and explains that striking a blow against the kobolds has demonstrated Fort Bandu’s ability to defend its territory and reduced the likelihood of future kobold raids. Praetor Sylien is pleased with the results of your mission—even more so because you successfully rescued the miners.

For the Pathfinders, though, the victory is incomplete without having found Venture-Captain Nieford Sharrowsmith, whose journal entries confirm he had explored part of Ashkurhall before implying he traveled to the Mwangi Expanse to find the Krihirik. Sylien is amenable to helping you further, and he recognizes that the Krihirik are a tribe of grippli that live in the Kaava Lands just northwest of the Bandu Hills. He further shares that a member of the tribe visits several times a year to barter for good and gems, who left only a yesterday morning.

What’s more, Amersanus Valacosti abruptly wrapped up his business at the fort and departed in the same direction only a few hours later. If you are to find the Krihirik and recover the relic with the power to neutralize the Golden Guardian—especially if they want to get there ahead of the Aspis Consortium—you must make haste for the Kaava Lands!

[spoiler=Members of the Exchange Faction]As you leave Sharrowsmith's quarters and make preparations to head off to the Kaava Lands, a jovial older man with a golden crown stitched on his shirt on his sleeve approaches. He shakes all of your hands and introduces himself as one of the Golden Crowns' brokers in the area. He thanks you profusely for saving the miners and offers to set up some kind of arrangement with the Pathfinders to help them move goods through the area.

A short while later, a thin, sallow-skinned man emerges from behind a rather extravagant stall and approaches the Pathfinders. He announces himself as a representative for the Deeptreasure Mining Company. "Fine work you lot did, rescuing them miners," he says. "Must've seen quite a bit on your little excursion, eh? Maybe even seen where them Golden Crowns have been digging. My employer'd be glad to pay handsomely for a little hint about where that was. Whaddya say?"

You have the opportunity to set up some deals with these mining companies. Give me an Appraise, Diplomacy, or Profession (merchant) check please. Also, you recovered a journal from the mining camp that details where the Golden Crowns have been digging. You can do with that as you like, and gain some bonuses to your check based on what you do with it. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

Ser Willem is anxious to get back out there, but he also has a mission in mind for his people as well. He will not however get in the middle of a mining turf war and leaves the journal to the others. "Let me talk to you about Dargerion Imports..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith is glad to help them back to town. It's clear Sharrowsmith is in over his head, but he's not malicious. She's confused as to why they should pursue the ruins, she was already nervous about those individual miners they rescued earlier.

Denair loves the attention she's getting and asks all sorts of questions about the life of a miner.

"That snake Amersanus Valacost left already, huh? I knew he couldn't be trusted. We'll make a few purchases here and then head out. The Krihirik tribe will need our help, probably."

The Deeptreasure Mining representative disgusts Meredith immediately. "Business, business, business. We just rescued a dozen workers from being sacrificed by a fire-breathing lizard after watching half their friends killed, and all you can think about is how much profit you can make?" Her nostrils flare, and Denair bounds up to her. Meredith catches her temper before it gets worse.

"Why don't you and the Gold Crown just work together? They need protection right now, shouldn't that be enough?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

As a member of the Exchange:
Laiashi shakes the man's hand delicately. "I'd be more than happy to help you get in touch with the Pathfinders. My faction in particular would be very interested, I know. I'll put a word in a few ears, shall I?"

Lai would definitely like to try and broker both sides of this situation-- anyone who doesn't want to do that, feel free to visibly remove yourselves. Unless someone would openly oppose her?

If no one objects...
Talking with the man from Deeptreasure, Lai holds up the journal. "Well, I may or may not have a journal here that would be valuable to you. I have a sort of... deal with them, though, and they'll be wanting this back, so I'm not at liberty to share it with you. Maybe you leave me a coinpurse, maybe I forget where I put this for a while why my allies and I discuss where we're heading."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Jann stares at Sylien as they debrief, telling him what they saw. He interjects with odd details, noting how the kobolds smelled or what the inside of a dead miner looks like. When Sylien gently encourages them to leave on their quest, Jann smiles. "You're much nicer at telling me to get the heck out than most. It's so nice to be told off politely. Manners are important, even when our doom awaits."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya spends the time back at the Fort basking in their newfound celebrity, playing with the young ones and flirting with the women (but especially Laiashi, who Farshaya has come to call "our hot-headed girl").

He makes a point of asking the Praetor if there are any additional supplies available for their journey into the jungles. The caterpillars are juicy and all, but additional trail rations would be a nice change of pace.


SoSK

Sorry guys, to be clear, that last part about the different mining companies is for members of the Exchange specifically, which is only Laiashi. Lai, could you give me a roll for your interaction with the Golden Crown company representative as well, please?

The Deeptreasure representative sneers at Meredith's objections to his discussion of what he considers, "honest business." "We're in the jungle, sweets," he says mockingly, "Out here it's kill er be killed, whether we're talking survival or business. There's no room for getting along." He turns back to Laiashi, "Now where were we? Ah yes! I think you might find some interesting bits and baubles just over here, if you don't mind me showing you the way."

After looking around the Deeptreasure company's stall, Laiashi quickly realizes that their operation is built on taking advantage of weaker companies and muscling them out rather than on the strength of their own connections. She determines that it would be best to hang on to the logbooks, perhaps to aid her in securing a relationship with the Golden Crown company.

While Laiashi is wheeling and dealing with the mining representatives, the other Pathfinders continue to discuss the next leg of their mission with Praetor Sylien. The commander is more than willing to help supply their voyage to visit the Krihirik, and encourages you to check the shops outside for any supplies you think you might need along the way.

I'll work on getting you all Chronicles tomorrow and will plan on starting part 2 sometime next week, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

"Call me sweets again and-" Denair tugs Meredith's arm, dragging her outside.

" I know, I know. That kind of scum just really ticks me off. " The mood at the mining company has improved a lot. Meredith approaches the old man closed up shop before, and tries to learn to play his game. " because I just need some time to cool off. "

Thanks for the game GM! Bring on part two!

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Diplomacy with Golden Crown: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"I expect this to be somewhere I can find it again soon," Laiashi tells the Deeptreasure representative as she sets down the journal. "Otherwise... well, I have a lot of allies." She rejoins her friends during the discussion, picks up the 'baubles' offered to her, then returns to the rep for the journal sometime later. "Did you find the book I was looking for?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


SoSK

The Golden Crown representative beams as Laiashi returns and they begin negotiating the details of mining company's new partnership with the Exchange.

Congrats, Laiashi! You successfully brokered an agreement with the Golden Crowns and earned yourself a boon! Unfortunately, you weren't able to work the other side quite as successfully, and were unable to gain the second boon for working with the Deeptreasure company.
As I said last night, I'll work on having chronicles out to everyone today, hopefully by this evening. Until then, feel free to continue with any final RP you want to do here at Fort Bandu.

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Darn. Worth a shot. I'll work on leveling Laiashi now, since my weekend promises to be pretty busy.

Maybe I should've sweetened to him more, Laiashi thinks as she retrieves the journal. The man is nowhere to be seen, and she suspects he didn't even take the information, so perhaps he didn't want to get involved with the Society after all. Maybe next time. "I've still got you right?" she says to Farshaya with a smile and no explanation for the question.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith spends the days talking to the workers in the camp, trying to avoid their politics but listening to their stories of survival. Denair, meanwhile, loves the gossip even if she can't contribute much to it.

Meredith decides to be a bit more personable with the party and tries to make small talk with everyone: learning which bugs are edible with Farshaya, listening to Ser Dargerion and his huge estate (Denair is more peaked about the horse than anything), and Jann's words about the eventual end of all life (it's best to enjoy it while it lasts, right?)

Laiashi seems like an enigma, clearly hiding more than she's letting on, disappearing in the middle of the night yet she's willing to teach Denair a thing or two about opening locks and remaining quiet.

As for Saritirnen, he always seems distracted, like he is lost in a crowd. Meredith can relate, she was briefly leader of a slave uprising before it collapsed into infighting and chaos.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 1 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 8/8 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 2/4 | CLW wand: 50/50

Pleased to have rescued the miners he walks in 'silence' among the party while his mind rages with activity.

He does his best to quiet his mind and be present to the outside world but he does little in adding to the conversation unable to focus on so many things at once. But he does nod indicating that he is listening to the others. When he finally cannot take any more he strides to the outskirts of the fort crossing his legs he begins to work on his breathing putting his body and mind into a calm state of awareness.

One voice among The Many rings out louder than the others and he cannot help but share the same sentiments as the lone voice.

'Who is the Winged Guardian? Is he truly a god?'

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

Ser Willem is more than happy to describe his estate and its environs to Meredith and any one else that will listen. He is also happy to let her have a ride with Destrier, even if the stubborn horse thinks otherwise.

Looking forward to the next step!

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

"Huh, I never really rode a horse before." Meredith hands Destrier a carrot and pets his mane carefully. "No way would my..." she fights the disgust building up. "Previous owners let me ride one."

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Ride: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
You know what? Perfect timing.

Destrier snorts and almost bites Meredith's hand as she reaches to pet it. The horse eats the carrot off the ground and Ser Dargerion practically has to hold his horse down before Meredith can hop in the saddle. Once they get going she almost loses her balance when Destrier begins trotting and she grips on the reigns. "Yeah, I have a lot to learn!" She breaks into laughter, almost losing her balance again.

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Denair seems to have a good guess on the horse's breed, favorite grazing hours, expected lifespan and even which leg is the dominant one.


Savage Rifts RotRwT SpyCraft

Ser Willem does his best to help Meredith with Destrier. He is a full size thoroughbred Taldan Marches charger, bred for combat and full of attitude. "Perhaps when we are done with finding that Winged Guardian, you can come and visit my home. There, you will be taken care of and not a servant to anyone but your own whims." He smiles, "Then you and Destrier can get to know each other better."

-Posted with Wayfinder


SoSK

Our story continues...

Recently, Venture-Captain Nieford Sharrowsmith disappeared on an expedition to explore dwarven ruins in the Bandu Hills. Concerned for his welfare after his prolonged absence, his business associate Aya Allahe dispatched a team of Pathfinders to track the errant Sharrowsmith and provide him support if necessary. Clues found in the Bandu Hills suggest a powerful guardian lairs within the ruins, yet the dwarves left a powerful weapon capable of disabling the creature in the hands of a nearby grippli tribe known as the Krihirik.

A group of mostly dedicated Pathfinders, along with an Ifrit with nothing better to do, ventured deep into the Bandu hills to discover these clues. The group bravely fought off undead monstrosities, swarms of kobolds, and the worst the jungle had to throw at them, until they reached the dwarven ruins and discovered the clues about the Krihirik's talisman. To save their venture-captain, the Pathfinders know they must seek out the Krihirik and earn the tool they need to further explore the ruins and overcome the Golden Guardian.

A few days into your stay in Fort Bandu, a messenger from the the lodge back in Nantambu arrives by boat. His heavy armor glints in the midday sun, and he seems to be sweating profusely, apparently not prepared as you were to deal with the jungle heat. He finds you all taking a short rest in a pavilion near the fort's main gate, and hustles over, his breath ragged and wheezing from the heat. He is an older gentleman, probably in his late forties, and his attire shows him to be a knight of some sort like Ser Willem, though the colors of the medals decorating his cauldron's show that he is not Taldan. "There you are! Gracious gods! We've received your report thanks to Praetor Sylien's messengers and have brought up the supplies you requested that couldn't be found here." He gestures vaguely to the settlement, then goes on with his report. "We've also received information that the Aspis agent you encountered here has been at work sending his agents toward the Krihirik tribe you all are supposed to meet. You had better hurry off and meet them before the Aspis get to this talisman or whatever it is first."

With all haste, the Pathfinders make their final preparations and head back north from Fort Bandu toward the jungles of the Kaava Lands. The journey from Fort Bandu to the Kaava Lands is oppressively hot, but it gets easier as the days go on and the terrain transitions from rugged foothills to open grasslands before giving way to dense jungle. Following the directions from Fort Bandu’s garrison captain, it is not difficult to find the Krihirik village, which lies approximately ten miles inside the jungle’s border—and twenty feet off the ground. Narrow rope bridges connect a few dozen tree-dwellings overhead, forming a small but secure community. Bright-skinned, bulging-eyed gripplis go about their daily business nearby. Crates and sacks of trade goods litter the jungle floor, and several gripplis busily inspect a bundle of swords, throwing down their spears and nets in favor of freshly forged steel.

A blue-and-brown-skinned grippli in practical traveling clothes bounds forward and holds out his webbed hands in welcome. “More visitors come to trade with the Krihirik? You are most welcome here, though I fear we have little to offer at this time. Or perhaps there’s some other reason you came all this way?”

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Jann nods. "We seek our dooms. However our dooms seem to be adept travelers."

May I purchase a Wand of Burning Disarm (750 gp)?

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

Ser Willem raises an eyebrow at the thought of these creatures having access to civilized weapons, but says nothing of it. Instead, he smiles and bows to the one speaking. "What my friend means to say is that we are regarding a recent visitor of yours, one Sharrowsmith. Do you know him?"

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith thanks the messenger and picks up her cold iron longspear. " This should come in handy. Let's find that village before Aspis makes a mess of things. "

Buying a Cold Iron Longspear for 310.
Meredith will use her wand of endure elements as necessary.

When they reach the village, Meredith kneels down to the creature. " Howdy. My friends and I are looking for the whereabouts of our Venture-Captain Sharrowsmith. He was on the lookout for means to disable a powerful guardian that lived in the struggle. His final notes said that this village held the key to disabling that guardian. can we speak to your chieftain? "

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 1 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 8/8 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 2/4 | CLW wand: 50/50

Saritirnen shudders as Jann speaks. His words triggering a flood of thoughts from The Many.

'His nature is devoid of life.'
'Beware him but beware his words more. He speaks more truth than deceit'
'He stinks of foulness but none we have ever encountered.'

Shuffling forward he still let's the others speak confident that their impression will be one of friendship towards the grippli. His eyes move to the steel weapons and almost in thought he speaks aloud.

"By chance our others of our race here as well? The weapons lying about seem new and I see no forges in your welcoming village."

diplomacy check just in case
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya bounces down the trail and hops to the front, extending his hand to offer a high-five to the grippli. He barely hesitates when he sees the man's webbed hands, opting instead to shake hands. He offers a fist bump as well, though the gesture seems lost on his new friend.

"Hey-o! The Freewheeler's at your service, boss!" He glances up admiringly at the heights of the village. He scoffs at the swords. "Naw! Can't rely on rusty metal in dis humid weather, boss! Stick to what ya know, I say."

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Laiashi decides not to replenish her stock of poisons, opting instead to simply purchase more daggers. I'm not getting any better with these, she thinks as she removes her wrist sheaths. One at a time is too slow. Instead, she spends time practicing drawing daggers from other places-- her boots, her waist, her shoulders. By the time the group sets out again, she's gotten markedly better at hiding them as well-- she still wears the small pouch at her hip for various trinkets, but to most observers she's completely unarmed. (It's now a DC 24 Perception to notice my daggers or thieves' tools, after taking 10 to hide them.)

Her clothes now take the form of a frayed noble's outfit, wrinkled silk smeared with dirt, as though she'd been taken from a gala on an impromptu hike. The group sees her bare arms for the first time; Lai no longer has weapons to hide there. Her flame-colored hair is slightly disheveled. "And I'm... well, I'm here," she says to the grippli. "And while I'm here, I guess I'll make the most of it. Do you have anything to eat? But not bugs, I just can't do bugs."


SoSK

Jann, you may use 2 prestige points to purchase that wand, yes. You don't have quite enough Fame to buy it with gp, though you will after this scenario...assuming the darkness doesn't descend an consume you all..."

The edges of the grippli's mouth turn in confusion for a moment, "Sharrowsmith? I've heard that name from one of my recent trading journeys to Fort Bandu, but he's never been here. Not that I know of anyway. All this about something to disable a guardian, though, I don't think I've heard anything about that. The elders could tell you about anything of that sort, though, I bet. I'll take you over to them. I'm sure they'd want to meet you."

He turns, handing off what he was carrying to another grippli standing nearby, and leads you into the stand of trees.

Saritirnen wrote:
"By chance our others of our race here as well? The weapons lying about seem new and I see no forges in your welcoming village."

"Oh sure! There's a few people who came just a little while ago. They're the ones who sold us these weapons, ya know? Good folks. We've used our spears and nets for a long time, but...they're not enough right now. The elders will tell you more."

Laiashi wrote:
"And while I'm here, I guess I'll make the most of it. Do you have anything to eat? But not bugs, I just can't do bugs."

"Oh, you must be on a diet. That's fine. We have some fruit if that works." Suddenly, the grippli, whose name you have learned is Gwellik, springs up onto a low-hanging branch of a nearby tree and quickly makes his way up to one of the raised platforms connected by bridges. "Come on up," he calls, a mischievous smile on his face.


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Mage Armor | Denair's HP 18/18 | AC 19 T 12 F 18 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

Denair stares at the small frog and the its agility through the treeline. She didn't mind kids hanging from her tree back when she was whole. It reminds her a bit before the poison seeped in and she had to bond with Meredith to survive. It hurts a bit.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

What's with the frog's smile?

"Boss. I... want to climb again." She looks at the tree, calmly. "You'll help me, right?"

Meredith turns and pets her fox fur. "Of course I'll help ya."

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

Ser Willem cracks his knuckles and prepares to climb up with the grippli. "Thanks, friend. We appreciate your help."

Taking 10 on Climb for a 12

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 6 Jann tries to climb...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya grins, glad to be done with the darkness of the mines. He grabs hold of a branch and prepares to climb, too.

Taking 10 is a 16.

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith decides to try to climb up casually.
Taking 10 for a 12

While she pulls some rope out she looks down to Denair. "C'mon, you're strong enough. I can lower the rope so you can-"

Denair yaps back "No!" and scrambles up.
Denair's Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
With a burst of skill, anger and enthusiasm Denair climbs right up. She glares at Meredith for a moment, then looks down at the ground. "I like the view from up here."

Meredith smiles and lowers a rope to the ground, in Jann's direction. "Come on, we'll hoist you up."

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Jann nods at Meredith. "Thank you. My powers to rise are sadly earthbound."

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Complaining just loud enough to be heard, Laiashi pulls herself up. Taking 10 gives me a 13.

-Posted with Wayfinder


SoSK

Though everyone gives the climb a careful try, Denair and Farshaya are the only ones able to find the right branches to knots to get themselves up to the platform. Gwillik laughs as the others make it part way up, then eventually decide to turn back. He calls out to a few other gripplis standing nearby, who move over and help lower a rope ladder for the rest of the part to climb.

As they make their ascent, he turns to Denair and Farshaya. "Impressive, you two! I wouldn't think a human could make that climb so well, and I don't even know what to call you. Doesn't matter though, cause you two are alright with me! Ah! Looks like your friends have made it up."

Rickety rope bridges connect half a dozen grippli tree houses to one another, though to the north, many more appear overgrown and abandoned. One dwelling is larger than the others, hangs over a small pond. Inside, three gripplis with mottled gray-brown skin pass a finely crafted short sword back and forth with admiration. Signaling for you to wait at the entrance, Gwillik steps toward the gathered elders and announces you.

"Great elders, these are travelers, just arrived from Fort Bandu. They have many names. Here are Denair and Farshaya, who climb trees as well as any of us. And here are Laiashi and Meredith, Jann and Saritirnen, and this one is Ser Willem Dargerion. His name has many more names to it, but I can't remember. They are here about the Guardian." He gives a short bow, then backs out of the way, allowing you to move toward the elders. "And these," he says to you, "Are the elders of Krihirik. They are Mother Bogwynne, the lore keeper and chief elder; Finyik, the hunt-master; and Diblop, the chief brew-mistress and miracle worker."

Mother Bogwynne, the largest of the gripplis, slowly gets to her feet and hands the sword to the trader. “Thank you Gwellik. You have done well in our time of need, bringing both weapons and travelers from afar to lend aid to the Krihirik.” She pauses and looks over her guests in the meetinghouse. “So, you seek a weapon to fight against the guardian of the Bandu Hills? Word
of our tribe’s secret seems to have reached many ears of late. The Krihirik have such an object, but it is a treasured possession, entrusted to us long ago—one we could not surrender lightly. However...”
She looks to Finyik, the hunt-master, whose old bones creak as he gets to his feet to speak.

“We are fewer in number with each season, for we are hemmed in by enemies on all sides. Those who would seek our remaining weapon would do well to bring us one in return, and this is the same opportunity we gave to those who came before you. Travel to Deepblood Ridge, where two beasts of the Kaava Lands reign, and bring back one or more of their eggs. These we can nurture as our own, far from the hungry talons of the lizard folk who fear the beasts and would eat their young. Do this while surviving the dangers of our forest home, and you shall have our gratitude and our respect.”

Finyik sits down, and Diblop, by far the oldest and grayest of the three, speaks. “The great scaled ones are mighty creatures, the king and queen of the Kaava Lands’ many beasts. But the
lizardfolk—may curses haunt their breed to the ends of the jungle—chased them off, leaving the
nest vulnerable. Now is the time to strike! Those who can defy the lizardfolk and aid us now will be most fit to wield the weapon the dwarves gave us so long ago and end the vile guardian’s threat once and for all.”

I'm assuming you may have a few questions...


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Mage Armor | Denair's HP 18/18 | AC 19 T 12 F 18 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

"Yay!" Denair is quite pleased with herself. "I love trees! I used to be part of a tree!" She giggles and grabs Meredith's rope. "Let's see YOU climb up!" She sticks out her tongue at the human, who gladly waits for the rope ladder.

Meeting the elders, Denair keeps her head bowed. "So if we find the eggs then you can defend yourself better?" She licks her lips. "Oh! What dangers should we expect? Besides those weird lizardfolk?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Nope. I for one am happy to greet our new scaled overlords.

Liberty's Edge

HP 19/19 | Spells -/3 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 15 | Saves 3/1/3 | Init 2 | Perception 0 (Denair 13) | 2 Female Human Unchained Summoner (Fey Caller) | Eidolon | GM Folio Reroll+1 |

Meredith merely smiles when the Grippl lower a ladder.
"Thank you. Denair wants to climb more. I'll look into it." She hoists herself up.

"Thank you, elders. Sorry that I'm not as good of a climber. But thank you for accepting us and listening to our request." She also bows. This village has been great, even if she can't climb far. "Let's see... how far away is the nest? How is the weather this week? I guess I'll find out soon enough."

Once the answers are given, Meredith bows once again. "Thank you for all of your help."

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

Ser Willem strokes his chin as he ponders their deal. Savvy creatures to exchange an old relic for the chance at getting a few more weapons by way of trained beasts. He smiles and speaks. "Great Elders, you are wise beyond measure to have asked us to risk ourselves for a weapon to trade you in the form of someone else's children. From what you say of these beasts, the balance of power in these lands would shift dramatically if you were to have them. If it wasn't for the fact that this weapon you hold is needed to defeat the Winged Guardian the kobolds are worshiping, our business would be at an end. In your shared wisdom you have divined that we have little other choice. That being said, perhaps you could share with us a map and some supplies to get us to the nest safely to make sure we are able to return with your gifts to trade for the weapon."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 1 | AC 17 (T 13/Fl 14) | hp 8/8 | Init +4 | Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +3 | Conditions: None | Spells: L1 (DC13): 2/4 | CLW wand: 50/50

Respectfully listening to the frog people's 'request' Saritirnen asks, "And of these others before us. How many suns has it been since they left?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya beams proudly as his climbing skills are praised, even offering another fist bump, this time to Denair. He finds a knot in the wooden flooring and focuses on squeezing his toe into it while Willem does the fancy talking, glancing up after he's finished with his questions.

"Did ya say somethin' 'bout brew?"

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

"What I want to know is what these eggs will hatch into. You said the things that laid them were 'chased off.' Thats a lot different than 'killed.' How long will they stay chased off?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

"Most likely only until we get there. Then they'll return and there will be biting and tearing and screaming and chasing and death. If we're lucky." Jann supplies helpfully.


SoSK
Meredith's Eidolon wrote:
Meeting the elders, Denair keeps her head bowed. "So if we find the eggs then you can defend yourself better?" She licks her lips. "Oh! What dangers should we expect? Besides those weird lizardfolk?"

Finyik nods to Denair, "Indeed. The eggs would be a great boon for us in defending out tribe agains the lizardfolk. As for other dangers, it would take far too long to tell you all the possible dangers you might face. Since you say you are worthy of carrying our tribe’s treasured weapon, we assume you are quite capable of handling yourselves out there… and if not, then it was simply not meant to be.”

Meredith wrote:
"Thank you, elders. Sorry that I'm not as good of a climber. But thank you for accepting us and listening to our request." She also bows. This village has been great, even if she can't climb far. "Let's see... how far away is the nest? How is the weather this week? I guess I'll find out soon enough."

Mother Bogwynne hobbles forward once again and turns her still brilliant orange eyes toward Meredith. "The nest is deep in the Kaava Lands, at Deepblood Ridge, where the great scaled ones reign over all beasts. The ridge lies to the west. Elder Finyik will give you more directions when the time has come for you to depart, should you accept the terms to obtain our weapon."

Ser Willem wrote:
"Great Elders, you are wise beyond measure to have asked us to risk ourselves for a weapon to trade you in the form of someone else's children. From what you say of these beasts, the balance of power in these lands would shift dramatically if you were to have them. If it wasn't for the fact that this weapon you hold is needed to defeat the Winged Guardian the kobolds are worshiping, our business would be at an end. In your shared wisdom you have divined that we have little other choice. That being said, perhaps you could share with us a map and some supplies to get us to the nest safely to make sure we are able to return with your gifts to trade for the weapon."

Finyik crosses his thin, but strong arms across his chest and narrows his eyes at the audacious knight. "Your tone is sweet, but your words are bitter, young man, and I think perhaps you have misjudged our motivations. We Krihirik have suffered much at the claws of the lizardfolk in recent years, and we hear rumors that the guardian of the Bandu Hills is causing trouble and fear that it might come this way. With so few warriors left, we can appreciate a stranger’s help, even if it would not normally be our way."

"As for the balance of power, gaining the eggs would help to restore the balance that has been lost between we Krihirik and the lizardfolk. They are cruel and disgusting creatures who eat the flesh of anyone they can get their claws on—including us. We have warred with them for many generations, but now they have the upper hand. They think only of resources, and any threat to their food sources is their enemy. If they find the eggs first, they will simply eat them as a way of eliminating a future competitor.”


SoSK
Saritirnen wrote:
Respectfully listening to the frog people's 'request' Saritirnen asks, "And of these others before us. How many suns has it been since they left?"

Mother Bogwynne answers the elf, “It has not been long since they passed through our village, though have already left to begin their search for the eggs. They are a small group of explorers Gwellik brought back from a recent trade expedition. They seemed eager to help us with our problem.”

Laiashi wrote:
"What I want to know is what these eggs will hatch into. You said the things that laid them were 'chased off.' Thats a lot different than 'killed.' How long will they stay chased off?"

Finyik answers once again, “Your kind calls them dinosaurs. They are the mightiest creatures for miles in any direction, dangerous and untamable. The lizardfolk must have suffered great losses in chasing them off, but you are right, they will not stay away for long, especially if they sense some threat to their young.”

Farshaya wrote:
"Did ya say somethin' 'bout brew?"

While the others are discussing the matter at hand, Diblop takes Farshaya's hand and leads him aside, where she shows him a few of her most select "brews".

Nothing useful unfortunately, just some fun stuff for a fun question. Haha!

Sovereign Court

PFS#119796-1|Male Human Cavalier (Emissary) 3 | HP: 28/28 | AC: 17/12/15 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +4 | Init: +2 | Diplo: +10 | Handle Animal: +7 | Perc: +1 | Ride: +5 | SM: +9

The grippli seemed to believe in their cause, even if they spoke ill of these lizardmen. Willem would have to see for himself the terrors they wrought, but he had a mission to accomplish and he wasn't going to let his judgement get into the way of that. "We will bring back these eggs and see to their welfare, until you hold up your end of the bargain and allow us to use the weapon against the Winged Guardian."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human UnMonk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 (22) T 18 FF 13 (17) | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Init +6 Perc +8 | SF 2/2

Farshaya teeters slightly as he rejoins the others. He hadn't a clue fermeneted guava juice could taste so good, or be so strong.

"Dino--*hic*--saurs!" he raises his fists in mock fighting stance, delivering a couple of lazy punches to the air in an attempt to impress Laiashi. "Never say no lizard can best tha Freewheeler! Or no feathered beastie."


| Female Eidolon Outsider (also counts as fey) | Mage Armor | Denair's HP 18/18 | AC 19 T 12 F 18 | CMD 16 | Saves 4/1/3 (Evasion)| Init 1 | Perception 13

"Dinosaurs!" Denair barely contains her excitement. "They've been around for a long, long time- it's amazing how they have survived for so long. Although most believe they are scaly like lizards, some think they were covered in feathers, like chickens!"

Meredith groans. "Ugh, not THAT argument again." She looks to the rest of party. "Are we ready to go? If it's too hot or cold out there, I have some protection for it."

Scarab Sages

HP 19/19; AC 14, T 10, FF 14; F+2, R+0, W+3; Perc +0, Init +0; CMD 11

Jann nods at Denair. "Tell me more about the deadly chickens."

The Exchange

Female Ifrit Rogue 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 23/23 | Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +0 | CMB +2, CMD 16 | Init +6 | Perc +5

Laiashi raises her eyebrows. "Wow, that's... not what I expected." In truth she couldn't have said what exactly she did expect, but it wasn't dinosaurs. "Well I, for one, am not worried. We have a dwarf who'll keep us safe from them." She catches one of Farshaya's fists on the backswing, to make sure he doesn't topple over with the momentum.

-Posted with Wayfinder

301 to 350 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Mjolbeard's 'Scions of the Sky Key' Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.