Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 3 - A Vision of Betrayal

Game Master Paizo Fan


201 to 250 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2


Fort saves
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sovereign Court

The temperature drops even lower as night progresses, it is many degrees below freezing.

Crar takes 3pts non-lethal damage
Latharel takes 8pts non-lethal damage
Lillia takes 1pt non-lethal damage
Targ takes 2 pts non-lethal damage
Bedmyr takes 11 pts non-lethal damage
Nester takes 0 pts non-lethal damage
Nester's pony takes 5pts non-lethal damage
Bedmyr's pony takes 0pts non-lethal damage
Crar's pony takes 5pts non-lethal damage

I'll complete this post tomorrow ... then I'll see how the NPC's are doing, given the damage taken.

DM Screen:

Crar wagon, fire
DC 11 Non-lethal damage hr1 1d6 ⇒ 5
DC 12 Non-lethal damage hr2 1d6 ⇒ 6
DC 13 Non-lethal damage hr3 1d6 ⇒ 4
DC 14 Non-lethal damage hr4 1d6 ⇒ 3
Latharel Coat (wagon fire last hour)
DC 10 Non-lethal damage hr1 1d6 ⇒ 6
DC 11 Non-lethal damage hr2 1d6 ⇒ 4
DC 12 Non-lethal damage hr3 1d6 ⇒ 2
DC 9 Non-lethal damage hr4 1d6 ⇒ 2
Lillia winter coat 5, wagon 2, fire 2
DC 6 Non-lethal damage hr1 1d6 ⇒ 3
DC 7 Non-lethal damage hr2 1d6 ⇒ 4
DC 8 Non-lethal damage hr3 1d6 ⇒ 1
DC 9 Non-lethal damage hr4 1d6 ⇒ 3
Targ has winter clothing from his equip list before the journey, 5, wagon 2, fire 2
DC 6 Non-lethal damage hr1 1d6 ⇒ 1
DC 7 Non-lethal damage hr2 1d6 ⇒ 1
DC 8 Non-lethal damage hr3 1d6 ⇒ 1
DC 9 Non-lethal damage hr4 1d6 ⇒ 2
Bedmyr (Winter Coat, Wagon, Fire
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Fort Save 1 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 15 - failure 15 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save 2 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 18 - failure 16 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save 3 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 15 - failure 17 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save 4 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 5 = 17 - failure 18 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Nester (Wagon 2,Stove 2,Winter cloths 5)
Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 16 - failure 15 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 21 - failure 16 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort Save 3 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 18 - failure 17 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fort Save 4 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 22 - failure 18 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Pony (Nester)
Fort Save 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 = 18 - failure 15 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Fort Save 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13 - failure 16 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save 3 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17 - failure 17 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 6
Fort Save 4 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 = 18 - failure 18 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Pony (Bedmyr)
Fort Save 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 = 18 - failure 15 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Fort Save 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 4 = 24 - failure 16 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort Save 3 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19 - failure 17 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort Save 4 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 4 = 21 - failure 18 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Pony (Crar)
Fort Save 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10 - failure 15 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 4
Fort Save 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23 - failure 16 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save 3 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 = 26 - failure 17 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fort Save 4 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 = 16 - failure 18 non-lethal damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

We might have to thaw out Bedmyr in the morning. :)

With strained, bleary eyes, Crar tries to stop shivering long enough to peer at the eastern peaks, longing for the morning sun. For perhaps the first time ever, Crar finds himself reconsidering his calling to become an eagle shaman. Why not a bear shaman? Or a woolly sheep shaman? At least then I'd be a bit warmer. By the spirits! It's cold. As the camp begins to rouse, Crar checks on everyone. "Everyone okay? Whew! Some night that was."

Sovereign Court

OK, everybody is able to wake up in the morning, no-one is unconscious due to the cold.

As morning beckons you all to action, the chill wind still blows and the weak sun tries to penetrate the thin layer of gray cloud that hangs over you. You think that if the clouds gather, then the day would be replaced by icy cold sleet or a fresh smattering of snow. Though warmer than the depths of last night, it offers no real respite from the cold, Crar especially feels it in the morning, not wearing the furs lets frozen fingers of air grasp his body. Bedmyr's hardiness seems to be little more than a dwarvish myth, as he alone is left shivering despite all you best efforts to warm him by the stove. A warm meal at breakfast, staves off any further deterioration in his condition.

Even the hardy ponies seem affected by the cold, in these high peaks. They seem sluggish and unwilling to move with any speed, unresponsive to you commands.

In game terms you do not recover any cold damage, as you are not able to warm up sufficiently.

We'll resume on Friday, when Thod returns, in the meantime we can RP the morning if you want. I have the next post written ready to go.

Can I have 3 survival and perception checks each please.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Survival 1d20 ⇒ 16
Survival 1d20 ⇒ 9
Survival 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar's rolls:

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Survival 1d20 ⇒ 9
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

It didn't seem that cold at first - but by Baba Yaga - the morning frost really did bite.

Survival 1d20 ⇒ 12
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Survival 1d20 ⇒ 1
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Two more ...

Sovereign Court

The path ahead climbs higher into the peaks, a colourless gray and snow white landscape, with steep walls of rock rising above, before you turn see a vista across a dark black lake, many feet below on your right. A dangerous scree slope, the result of avalanches from the cliff above on you left. The trail leads on through the monotonous mountains for many miles. Hour after hour of trudging through a snow covered trail, signed with stacked rocks and cairns to show the traveler a way through these peaks. The ponies plod on doing their duty, carrying either you or your luggage as you cross the passes, showing no enthusiasm for the task or staying longer in this deserted landscape than necessary. You descend into high valleys before ascending again, taking the path as it rounds the very high peaks. You continue all day, stopping only to eat your rations and ensure you are still on the trail.

Just after setting off after lunch, you walk down through the descending pass as it winds around a large mountain, you spot a light glinting momentarily as a shaft of sun briefly penetrates through the cloud cover. The flash of bright light from a ledge some 50 feet above your path, attracts your attention. You can't quite see what it might be, but the climb up the icy, snow covered slope might not be enough to deter any who might try to climb up.

If you wish to investigate, then climb checks please.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"What do you think of our chances of being out of the mountains by nightfall? I'm not sure I'd like to spend another night up here."

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ shrugs, "Don't know, but what is up there?" he asks and climbs (takni ghis time - take 10)

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel takes out his bow - ready to give Targ cover if needed.

Sovereign Court

Will continue once Crar has posted.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar squints, trying to make out what is causing the light. "What is that?" He's curious, but mindful of the need to get through the mountains.

Crar will stay on the trail, but will watch any climbers in case they need any assistance.

Sovereign Court

Targ:

You climb the 50ft up to the ledge. When you get there you see a small statue set inside an arch dug into the rock, which protects it from the weather and snows that fell. The statue itself, although a little weather beaten, shows a mortally wounded armored woman, being he held up by some soldiers as she lays on the ground. In one hand she holds up a broken lance, the other part of which is clearly dug deep into what could be a dragon as it lays dead on the ground by the woman's side.

The plinth on which the statue stands, has to its front a bowl, the contents of which glints whenever the sun weakly peeks through the cloud. The glinting light seen from the path is the sun’s reflection off a number of coins and gems in the receptacle. As you look in the bowl, you think there must be at least 300gps in coins and gems.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

You can come up here, Targ shouts down, just a statue. and he tries to remember if he knows anything about the woman.

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel carefully climbs up (Take 10)

Knowledge local if it helps 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Sovereign Court

Anyone climbing up may read the Targ spoiler above.

Knowledge(History,Nobility) DC=15:

The figure in the shrine is a statue of Lady Kayle, a Taldan adventurer who sacrificed herself so her comrades could defeat the great dragon Maejerex, who terrorized the Isle of Kortos until 4592 ar.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar shouts back up to Targ, "What kind of statue?" , but stays with the ponies.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Lillia retrieves a coil of rope along with several pitons before starting to make her way up to the ledge to take a look.

climb: 10 + 1 = 11
Knowledge(History): 10 + 8 = 18

Catching her breath once she pulled herself onto the ledge, she dusts herself down while looking over the statue.

"Looks like this might be a memorial to the Lady Kayle," the scarred woman comments, pulling out a gold coin from within her robes and dropping it into the bowl along with the others, "If I remember my parents stories correctly, she gave her life in a battle against a terrible dragon around a hundred years ago... Maejerex, I think her name was, and the stories paint her as quite a terrifying beast that spread death and destruction all across the isle of Kortos until she was slain by Lady Kayle and her band."

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Ah, now the offerings make sense, Targ responds, I think it would be aappropraite, with this he reaches into his pocket and drops one gp in.

Sovereign Court

As the coin drops into the bowl, Targ feels a warmth fill his body, as the spirit of Lady Kayle suffuses his inner being.

Anyone else? or do you carry on along the track?

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel seems never to have heard about the lady - but he feels it is appropriate to follow targs example. He adds a gold coin of his own as an offering.

"Hopefully this helps to ensure her brave deeds are not forgotten. A shame I've never heard about her before. Tell me more about her at our next stop or while we walk. She seems like an interesting lady to me."

Sovereign Court

As the coin drops into the bowl, Latharel feels a warmth fill his body, as the spirit of Lady Kayle suffuses his inner being.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ takes a good look around, then nods, ready to move on - are we?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar hurries up to the others when they climb down the slope. "Found something interesting then?" The eagle shaman ruffles the feathers on his outfit and helps get the ponies ready to move on.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Just a statue of Lady Kayle, who slew a horrible dragon a few hundred years ago."

Sovereign Court

Just realised I've overwritten the file with the next episode written out ... I shall now swear a few times... ***** ***** ****

That's better....I'll just whizz you straight into the next bit, straight from the scenario, it just doesn't hang together that well, if you ask me...

You continue to travel down through the mountains from the shrine, spending one more night sheltered from the extreme cold, before continuing down into the marsh the other side of the mountain range.

....

Thick blobs of fog dance in between large tickets as the foul stench of swamp gas pollutes the air. Several exotic species of vines twist along the vapor-shrouded path, creating an ethereal seeming tangle. At random intervals, a splash of fetid water sounds in the distance, signaling the presence of frogs or other bog creatures. The thick fog coats the ground and marsh waters masking the thick muck and the many snags and shallow pools hidden by the grey swirling mists. Progress is slow as you try to make your way along what passes as a path, submerged as it is beneath the fog and brackish water.

Can you give me 8 acrobatics checks please, for each acrobatic check provide a perception check and 2 fortitude saves...e.g.
1. Acrobatics 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Fort save 11d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Can we take 10?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

I'm with Targ on taking 10, but just in case we can't, here are my rolls.

rolls:

1.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
2.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
3.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
4.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
5.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
6.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
7.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
8.Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24Fort Save 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13Fort Save 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

This is going to be interesting.

Sovereign Court

You may take 10, but still provide rolls please. If you take a 10 and fail, that'll take the place of your first roll. After that I will use the rolls you provide. I will apply that logic to Crar's post, once the rest of the characters have had a go....

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Taking 10 on acrobatics gives: 18

rolls:

Spoiler:

1. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
2. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
3. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
4. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
5. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
6. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
7. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
8. Acrobatics 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Fortitude 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Fortitude 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Taking 10 first: acrobatics: 10 + 1 = 11,Perception: 10 + 3 = 13, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13.

rolls:
2:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.
3:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.
4:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10.
5:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.
6:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.
7:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5.
8:acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9,Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

Sovereign Court

I'll wait for Latharel, then we'll see what happened... ;-)

Lillia:
Can I have 4 fortitude saves for your familiar with a percentile roll please. I assume your familiar is travelling with you on your person, in your clothes, a pocket of something. I will roll them, if you can't add them in the next 24hrs and Latharel has posted.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

Spoiler:
Yep, somewhere in her robes.
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12, 1d100 ⇒ 91
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, 1d100 ⇒ 4
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, 1d100 ⇒ 28
Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, 1d100 ⇒ 23

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

After a weak start

Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Acrobatics Take 10 for 13 - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Fort 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

I read it yesterday but must have been disruped while I wanted to post ...

6 more acrobatics checks - just in case

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Take 10 on Acrobatics = 11; Perception = 16

Sovereign Court

Crar unused to travelling on this type of terrain is careful with his footing, but cannot keep his footing as he slips on the wet muddy floor, overbalances trying to compensate falls into the fog covering the ground and submerging into a thick blackish colored water. He gets up, coughing from the cold mist that fills his lungs, his clothes seemingly colored black. Lillia too finds the going difficult, tripping over a submerged root and falling forward into a pool of dirty water. Her familiar, feeling the falling witch, is quick and manages to jump onto the back of one of the ponies, hiding under the leather saddle, until the bog is past. As Lillia gets up out of the pool, drenched, she sees something disgusting attached to her leg, a small black slug-like creature. She rips it from her flesh, throwing its repulsive body away, leaving a round red and bleeding mark where the creature had been. Another attached to her arm is similarly dismissed. Crar 2 points of Con damage. Lillia 2 HPs damage

Latharel, Targ and Bedmyr somehow seem to be able to pick a path through the bog, slowly and using their agility respond quickly when they slip or get caught by an obscured branch or root in the pools of water. The ponies have no problem keeping themselves from stumbling, having four legs obviously helps. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Nester, who slips down a small muddy hump in the ground, falling onto his backside, sliding and splashing uncontrollably into a pool of dark into a pool of dark water. He splutters and coughs as he breaths in the grey mist.

Now with your companions wet and covered in dark splashes of debris from falling, you all continue on. However Crar once more falls, rising out of a pool with two black creatures attached, he quickly removes them. Crar 2HPs of damage.

As he tires of the travel through the wet and strength sapping bog, he falls twice more into one of the many dirty pools, covered in the strangely clinging mist. Lillia too finds the going hard falling several more times into the mists and water, yet somehow, her hair always seems to stay dry and away from the splashing droplets of dirty water. Nester seems the worst of all, falling several times into the pools of muddy and brackish water under the nasty looking mists. All this slows the party down considerably and you note that you've covered very little distance today. As evening comes, the mists dissipate leaving you able to find a slight rise in the land, its surface not sodden like the rest of the earth, just damp. Indeed you are able to camp overnight, using your rations for food and the drink you carry.

Crar wakes first, the night having been uneventful, but his head seems heavy, aching as he opens his eyes to greet the new day. A dull thump beats at his brain, whilst his forehead is hot and sweaty. Crar takes 1 point of wisdom damage and please make a fortitude save. Nester too wakes, complaining of the same headache as Crar, his hair stuck to his forehead as the sweat comes from his pores.

I'll add more tomorrow, although you might want to discuss the days journey during the nights camp. Anything else just ask.

DM Screen:

Crar 1. contracts Fogshoud Miasma, Onset 1d3 ⇒ 1 days
Crar 1. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 93 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2
Crar 2. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 79 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2
Crar 4. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 52 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1
Crar 6. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 33 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2

Lillia 4. contracts Fogshoud Miasma, Onset 1d3 ⇒ 2 days
Lillia 1. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 16 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1
Lillia 4. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 70 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2
Lillia 5. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 43 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1
Lillia 8. leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 96 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2

Nester ....
1. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 19 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
2. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 2 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
3. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 57 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
4. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 97 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
5. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 41 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
6. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 32 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
7. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 18 how many 1d2 ⇒ 1 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
8. Acrobatics 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 leeches in water? 1d100 ⇒ 78 how many 1d2 ⇒ 2 Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Fort Save 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nester 1. contracts Fogshoud Miasma, Onset 1d3 ⇒ 1 days
Nester day 1. Fort Save 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Ponies take a 10 and don't stumble +1 acrobatics and +4 for 4 legs vs trip.

Sovereign Court

I've got to prepare for CrispyCon, so will resume again next week. See you all Tuesday.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar sleeps fitfully, and when he awakes his head is aching. Fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 He finds it difficult to concentrate on his meditations, and afterwards resorts to using his wand of healing.
Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 When he finishes, he asks if anyone else requires healing. After all, this has turned out to be an arduous trek.

Current HP 8/8; non-lethal damage healed.
Current Wisdom 16/17
Current Constitution 8/10

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

"I'm a little sore," Lillia admits to the shaman, scratching her arm, "and these itch like hell, but I think I can manage for now."

"You don't look too good though; neither does Nester. Do you think the two of you might have come down with something in the cold?"

The Exchange

"Could be, I'm frrrreezing! Can't get any warmth in me at all. I think I've been too long in the south, I'm no longer used to the cold climate. I'll go check on Nester" Crar goes to check on the teamster.

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ will look around if he can help or be of assistance to anyone.

Sovereign Court

The day breaks and fog around you seems thicker, you make yourselves ready for another days traveling. You trudge on, the swamp seems to slow you even more as your feet press further down into the boggy ground, in fact it is more like a swamp. As the hours pass with the sun filling your world with warmth, the fog lifts, your visibility improves allowing your to see where your feet can safely tread through the increasingly difficult muck and vegetation. The plants grow higher, blocking your views of the horizon, of this never ending swamp and the heat increases.

Despite the improved weather, Crar's still seems afflicted by a numbing headache, whereas Nester seems to have shaken the effects of his muzzy head.

As you round a group of prickly evergreen bushes that has been a distinct marker in the swamp you see a large log rests across the dirt path, standing five feet tall. A moldering wood door covers one of the hollow ends of the log, and a makeshift mud chimney emits a thin wisp of blue smoke. From behind the crude house come the sound of someone humming an off-key tune.

Over to the party.....

Map of the area you see before you. I couldn't get the grid to go correctly over the initial map, so the blue grid is what we will be using for movement etc.

You are on difficult terrain (includes the path) 1/2 movement, no 5ft steps (I will allow 5ft steps with a Acrobatics check, but failure will leave you prone), no running, no charging. All non-lethal damage healed, except Bedmyr.

You may as well all roll initiative in case we need it.

Crar:
Crar your headache seems worse and you loose another point of wisdom, when you wake.

DM Screen:

Nester Fort save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Initiative
BML 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
C 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception
BML 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
C 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Stealth
C 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

Targ tries to make out anything unusual. Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid (Eagle Shaman)/2

Crar felt like he was moving in a daze. His pounding head was really getting to him. In fact, it takes the half-elf a moment to realize that the off-key humming isn't just in his head, but si coming from somewhere nearby. He looks around, trying to pin down the sound from the buzzing in his head.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 to determine source of the sound
Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 if needed

Current HP 8/8
Current Wisdom 15/17 - I'm getting dumberer
Current Constitution 8/10

Sczarni

Ranger 1 10/11 HP

Latharel was hoping for some sun and reluctantly trudges along in the fog.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Sovereign Court

The sound is coming from the other side of the tree trunk, the creature making it cannot be seen.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Witch 1

"Looks like someone lives here," Lillia whispers, "it would be rude not to introduce ourselves as we tramp through their garden, don't you think?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sczarni

male Human Ninja (Scout) 2

"Don't know," Targ responds, "if we should disturb anyone out here?"

Sovereign Court

The whistling stops for a moment, a quietness hangs in the air, then a sloshing sound and the whistling continues, a different tune though.

201 to 250 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nevis Lodge: First Steps, Part 3 - A Vision of Betrayal All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.